All Budgyt Reviews

Tom

Reviewed August 2023

Elegant, User-friendly Budgeting & Reporting Tool that I would highly recommend

We adopted Budgyt first and foremost as a new budgeting solution to replace manual, Excel-based process. It quickly became obvious that Budgyt delivers much more, and has become our tool of choice for financial reporting, forecasting, and analysis. Our experience has been overwhelmingly positive. It is the only finance tool that our non-finance users regularly come to me with compliments and positive feedback about.

PROS

Love the Budgyt platform! Very intuitive and easy to use, with capabilities that allow users to get more detailed and complicated as needed. Allows us to enter data in detail (or summary) in a way that makes it incredibly accessible and easy to read for non-finance users, which is ultimately a huge time saver for our finance team. Everyone on the Budgyt team that I have spoken to or worked with from sales to support (including the [sensitive content hidden] who took one of my training/implementation calls) has been awesome. The training was great (the video academy might be my single favorite & most-used/recommended training feature in any program ever), onboarding and implementation were made super easy (as far as those things go), and ongoing support (on the rare occasions it's been needed; it's been mostly out-of-the-box questions/ideas that I've brought up post-go-live) is excellent & very personable - huge shout-out to "budgyt guru" Aileen who has been immensely helpful from day 0 to the present, anticipating our needs at times before we even did.

CONS

My only 'complaint' is that of several additional features that have been implemented since we began using Budgyt (dashboards, cash flow, balance sheet) I am anxiously-awaiting the #1 item on my wishlist - live integration with Sage Intacct API to eliminate manual import of actual data. But I'm confident that when it arrives it will work correctly.

Reason for choosing Budgyt

We moved to Sage Intacct (from Microsoft Dynamics GP) at the same time, and strongly considered their Planning solution. We also began considering other comparable products, but once we saw the capability and ease of use in action, at Budgyt's price point it became a no-brainer.

Jason

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Cloud budget consolidation

We have made it easier for budget holders to submit their budgets using this tool. They find it enjoyable to use (and we’re talking budgets here). Budget holders can access the tool anywhere they have internet. The instant scenario consolidation dramatically improved the quality of budget discussions, leading to better business decisions. Using this tool helped make out finance team more efficient, by reducing effort to consolidate.

PROS

This product automatically consolidates budget holders’ submissions, replacing error prone, labour intensive spreadsheet work. Budget managers find it easy to use, and they focus on business decisions, not managing complex spreadsheets. Consolidation is instant, dramatically more efficient for the finance team. Because results are instant, decision makers can see the impact of various scenarios instantly, facilitating impactful discussion on the future of the business and better decisions. Set up is easy thanks to excellent customer support. We import and export data to and from Microsoft GP, and use the budgyt.com tool for budget variance reporting. Budget managers can access information anywhere they have internet.

CONS

The nature of budgeting tools is that the data is displayed in tabular fashion. Although the site renders on mobile devices, it can be hard to read on smaller phones.

Reason for choosing Budgyt

For the scope & scale we needed the price point was excellent value for money. High quality customer service was evident from the first demo.

Reasons for switching to Budgyt

We needed a tool that was more efficient and less error prone for budget consolidation.

Brendan

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Easy to use but a bit cumbersome

Decent product but the customer service relies heavily on online videos and there are some weaknesses in the reporting.

PROS

Easy to build budgets with this software.

CONS

The reporting features are lacking and the import from quickbooks time consuming .

Reason for choosing Budgyt

It was inexpensive and user friendly for the most part. You cant beat the price.

Kathleen

Recreational Facilities and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Budgyt is the BEST!

It has been excellent, we are just rolling it out to users and those who have seen it are as excited as I am. A huge improvement

PROS

Love Budgyt’s business model which enabled use to try it out with our data and most of the setup without paying up front. Budgyt is so much better than my bulky multi company, multi department Excel spreadsheet. Great that we can upload detailed actual GL data for users to see. Awesome that we easily see prior year monthly actuals, and budget on the data sheet for a gut check. The formulas and excel linking files work like a charm. Implementation was very smooth and haven't needed to contact customer support yet. You can tell this product was designed by a [sensitive content hidden], and is easy enough to use by a non-financial manager. We just started using it, for monthly re-forecasting and will use for our annual budget. Much easier to get input from department heads. Users range from those only responsible for one expense, to managers responsible for multiple departments. With the GL import feature it allows users to see prior actual data without accessing our accounting program. Allows us to forecast how the year will end up compared to budget. Easily run various reports on the dashboard and print to Excel. Options to add comments on data sheet. Approval process - easy of viewing what needs to be approved.

CONS

Couldn't restrict a users access to Payroll module by department. Can't have approvals feature if using Balance sheet (something we are considering.

Reason for choosing Budgyt

Very well priced with all the features we want, and even more than we expected. Easy to setup and use.

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2022

Answers to my prayers

No doubt one of the best experience with a software and a software vendor I have ever had. They are prompt with responses when I need help and just the perfect example of what a software vendor should be!!

PROS

I spent years doing our budget in Excel and printing out pages and pages for the managers to manually make changes that I then had to go back into Excel and make changes. The most frustrating part of all of this was budgeting payroll and benefits. It took 6-8 weeks to come up with our budget and the payroll side of the budget was never accurate. Budgyt solved all of that!!

CONS

First, the learning curve was really steep, but Budgyt patiently and expertly held my hand through all of it. Additionally, I used Quickbooks Desktop and the import to Budgyt from Quickbooks is kinda rudimentary and there is no option to export the Budgyt budget into Quickbooks. I know that Budgyt is almost finished with a solution to this.

Reason for choosing Budgyt

They had everything I was looking for and priced reasonably (more than reasonably!!) Best decision!

Reasons for switching to Budgyt

As covered in the Pro statement. I couldn't face another year of doing budgets in Excel.

Doug

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Budgyt - Easy to use and affordable!

Great! Would highly recommend for a team that is looking to utilize a tool for planning and analysis to variances.

PROS

It is very easy to understand and nearly every time I have a question, I am able to find the solution on Budgyt's support page.

CONS

Honestly can't think of any cons, very few workarounds had to be administered and budgyt's enhancements have always brought an immediate added-value.

Reason for choosing Budgyt

Price, functionality and ease of use/implementation

Dale

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2019

Use Budgyt to Improve Budgeting over Excel Spreadsheets

It used to take about 40 hours to get our annual budget spreadsheets updated for use each year; now it takes less than 5 minutes. We have been using for 2 budget years now, and each year we have added more available features like staffing and benefit costs to save on other excel spreadsheets. It was super easy to prepare 5 year forecasts the Board demanded.

PROS

Quick setup, easily import actual results, forecast multiple years, easily understood by non financial managers, quick and easy changes to revise or copy formulas

CONS

Not a lot of cons, other than it does take a few times copying and preparing a budget to understand that everything, including actual budgets, actual results and forecasts are deemed budgets and need to be attached to each year for comparison if needed. That is where the copy feature comes in real handy.

Reason for choosing Budgyt

Ease of use and setup and more reasonable pricing for a 5 user $ 20 Million non profit

Caitlin

Machinery, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Budgyt - Make budgeting great again

So far great! Really excited we made switch!

PROS

The customer service team, ease of use, visualizations, ability to compare scenerios easily!

CONS

Still getting into it and so far my biggest complaint is user set up - but thats only a 1x process1

Reasons for switching to Budgyt

Overly priced, low value and terrible customer service

Alicia

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Budgyt has enhanced my financial reports and presentations to senior executives.

It has freed up so much of my time keying/compiling. I now have more time for bigger picture things.

PROS

The ability to flip reports into various formats with ease. I can appease nearly all ad-hoc report requests via a report already designed in Budgyt. Previously, the requests would mean manually reformatting a report into different axis, periods, combination of departments, etc.

CONS

Can't entirely remove %% from some report views. Have to delete it in excel outside of the program.

Sukhjeet

Computer Software, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed April 2024

All in one budgeting tool

PROS

Budgyt is a gear tool. We have used it to understand and manage our organisation budget. It is quick and user friendly. It provide reporting features to make things clear and understandable.

CONS

Nothing as of now. It is working fine for our business needs

Matthew

Reviewed September 2021

Great Budget and Forecasting Tool

It has been very positive. They are continually making updates and improvements, and they are always quick to respond to any inquiries I may have. Forecasting and personnel updates are what I primarily use the software for.

PROS

I started utilizing Budgyt in 2019 when I started at my non-profit organization. I was looking for a budget and forecasting software that was user friendly, allowed us to create and update multiple budgets, provided streamlined forecasting, had canned budget and actual reports, and one we could manage our payroll through. My expectations were exceeded with Budgyt. Throughout my time with Budgyt they have continuously made software updates and improvements which benefit the customer. Recommendations I have made have been implemented and really benefited me. There are many useful tutorials and [SENSITIVE CONTENT], and the support team, are always available and quick to respond to inquires. The software now has updates which link directly to QBO and made my job as Finance Manager much easier. I could highly recommend Budgyt.

CONS

In the beginning the personnel portal was missing some dimensions that would have been helpful. I was able to work with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and Budgyt's support team and they were able to add in the dimensions I needed.

Reason for choosing Budgyt

The integration and yearly subscription were a big factor. Also, the fact I am able to connect directly to Quickbooks was very important.

Kobina

Logistics and Supply Chain, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Everyone needs to explore Budgyt

As it stands today, I can’t imagine my month-end reporting without Budgyt: it has become deeply embedded into my group reporting process, giving my both profit and loss and balance sheet reports, across 8 countries, across 4 currencies, and across 6 different times zones within minutes, and I mean minutes, literally.

PROS

I am in my 4th year of using Budgyt and I must say confess this simple, aesthetic, easy-to-use, off-the-shelf, ready-to-go, hustle-free software has performed beyond my expectations. Along the way during the last 4 years, they have added multicurrency and balance sheet reporting options, making it an all-round management reporting tool for top middle level management and top-level executives.

CONS

Taking of the Find & Replace Import Option

Reason for choosing Budgyt

With the addition of multi-currency function, I am now able to report, seamlessly, across multiple jurisdictions with different currencies at the click of a button, saving me the hustle, and stress of multiple currency conversions to a single reporting currency.

Aileen

Reviewed December 2017

So easy to learn! It's like the crystal ball for budgeting!

PROS

In the past I juggled several spreadsheets for budgeting, each with different formulas and variables to manage each line item by location. With Budgyt, I can type the formulas directly into the software and everything carries over with the appropriate detail and notes! If I insist on having a spreadsheet to share with the team, I can simply store spreadsheet in the software and tell it which line to read. It not only saved me from a multitude of excel tabs but also gave me the ability to budget and forecast in a fraction of the time and energy! I started using this when our business was just an idea and now we have 4 open retail stores for Everafter and 1 + 2 upcoming for The Westside. Budgeting between the brands under the parent company has been surprisingly simple with Budgyt's ability to customize and target formulas and inputs to certain groups.

Jill

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Bugyt.com is the best software we could have invested in.

My experience was amazing. They are a great team and what they promise they deliver.

PROS

Budgyt.com is such a needed software when it comes to the budgeting process. Bugyt.com is super user-friendly, and their support staff has your back the entire way. It is my second time referring an organization I work for to use Budgyt.com for their budgeting application. Their payroll module is so functional and allows you to dial in the payroll aspect of your business regarding the annual budget. We went from a spreadsheet budget last year with 15 revisions and many mistakes to an error free system we can depend on.

CONS

There really are not any. This product surpassed my expectations with a support staff that was available when I needed them.

Antoinette

Reviewed August 2022

Amazing Product!

We work with Budgyt because of the platform's usability and affordability to have more user access. Other platforms were too tricky for the end user to access or had a monthly or annual fee that didn't meet the needs of our non-profit organization. In short, the platform is really accessible.

PROS

We use Budgyt to manage our budgeting process in Budgyt and ensure that budget managers know their spending compared to their budget every month. We also use the platform for each budget manager to build their annual budget as an organization. Our organization leaders also leverage the platform to determine budget spending and allowances.

CONS

The lack of intergration with our accounting software makes this difficult to use at times.

Ric

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Budgyt is PERFECT for our Business

PROS

Easy implementation, excellent customer support

CONS

I can't think of any negative associated with Budgyt

Much better value