What are Budgyt users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Budgyt software through verified user reviews

4.8

• icon"Budgyt was the only affordable solution we could find that allows us to do financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting at the Sub-Class level."
  • icon"If you need something they are there to help. The software is easy to use and they have covered all the things you need and don't have all the extra stuff you don't need."
  • icon"Our Managers are loving it compared to what we used to use."
  • icon"The newly released version of the API with QuickBooks Online has been problematic. We'd have preferred to wait until it was more thoroughly tested and developed."
  • icon"The nature of budgeting tools is that the data is displayed in tabular fashion. Although the site renders on mobile devices, it can be hard to read on smaller phones."
  • icon"If I struggled with anything they were an email away. They even send vidoes to walk you step by step."

Browse all Budgyt Reviews

• Have you used Budgyt and would like to share your experience with others?

Aileen

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

So easy to learn! It's like the crystal ball for budgeting!

Pros

In the past I juggled several spreadsheets for budgeting, each with different formulas and variables to manage each line item by location. With Budgyt, I can type the formulas directly into the software and everything carries over with the appropriate detail and notes! If I insist on having a spreadsheet to share with the team, I can simply store spreadsheet in the software and tell it which line to read. It not only saved me from a multitude of excel tabs but also gave me the ability to budget and forecast in a fraction of the time and energy! I started using this when our business was just an idea and now we have 4 open retail stores for Everafter and 1 + 2 upcoming for The Westside. Budgeting between the brands under the parent company has been surprisingly simple with Budgyt's ability to customize and target formulas and inputs to certain groups.

Jason

Cloud budget consolidation

We have made it easier for budget holders to submit their budgets using this tool. They find it enjoyable to use (and we’re talking budgets here). Budget holders can access the tool anywhere they have internet. The instant scenario consolidation dramatically improved the quality of budget discussions, leading to better business decisions. Using this tool helped make out finance team more efficient, by reducing effort to consolidate.

Pros

This product automatically consolidates budget holders’ submissions, replacing error prone, labour intensive spreadsheet work. Budget managers find it easy to use, and they focus on business decisions, not managing complex spreadsheets. Consolidation is instant, dramatically more efficient for the finance team. Because results are instant, decision makers can see the impact of various scenarios instantly, facilitating impactful discussion on the future of the business and better decisions. Set up is easy thanks to excellent customer support. We import and export data to and from Microsoft GP, and use the budgyt.com tool for budget variance reporting. Budget managers can access information anywhere they have internet.

Reasons for choosing Budgyt

For the scope & scale we needed the price point was excellent value for money. High quality customer service was evident from the first demo.

Reasons for switching to Budgyt

We needed a tool that was more efficient and less error prone for budget consolidation.

Brendan

Easy to use but a bit cumbersome

Decent product but the customer service relies heavily on online videos and there are some weaknesses in the reporting.

Pros

Easy to build budgets with this software.

Cons

The reporting features are lacking and the import from quickbooks time consuming .

Reasons for choosing Budgyt

It was inexpensive and user friendly for the most part. You cant beat the price.

Answers to my prayers

No doubt one of the best experience with a software and a software vendor I have ever had. They are prompt with responses when I need help and just the perfect example of what a software vendor should be!!

Pros

I spent years doing our budget in Excel and printing out pages and pages for the managers to manually make changes that I then had to go back into Excel and make changes. The most frustrating part of all of this was budgeting payroll and benefits. It took 6-8 weeks to come up with our budget and the payroll side of the budget was never accurate. Budgyt solved all of that!!

Cons

First, the learning curve was really steep, but Budgyt patiently and expertly held my hand through all of it. Additionally, I used Quickbooks Desktop and the import to Budgyt from Quickbooks is kinda rudimentary and there is no option to export the Budgyt budget into Quickbooks. I know that Budgyt is almost finished with a solution to this.

Reasons for choosing Budgyt

They had everything I was looking for and priced reasonably (more than reasonably!!) Best decision!

Reasons for switching to Budgyt

As covered in the Pro statement. I couldn't face another year of doing budgets in Excel.

Rose

Excellent software

Excellent

Pros

Easy to use and train multiple users. Comparisons export features multi company

Cons

Nothing I am asked to use 40 characters to explain my least favorite attributes about this software. The truth is I do not have any

Reasons for switching to Budgyt

The old product was not user friendly. Too complex. Poor support

Doug

February 2022

Budgyt - Easy to use and affordable!

Great! Would highly recommend for a team that is looking to utilize a tool for planning and analysis to variances.

Pros

It is very easy to understand and nearly every time I have a question, I am able to find the solution on Budgyt's support page.

Cons

Honestly can't think of any cons, very few workarounds had to be administered and budgyt's enhancements have always brought an immediate added-value.

Reasons for choosing Budgyt

Price, functionality and ease of use/implementation

Dale

Use Budgyt to Improve Budgeting over Excel Spreadsheets

It used to take about 40 hours to get our annual budget spreadsheets updated for use each year; now it takes less than 5 minutes. We have been using for 2 budget years now, and each year we have added more available features like staffing and benefit costs to save on other excel spreadsheets. It was super easy to prepare 5 year forecasts the Board demanded.

Pros

Quick setup, easily import actual results, forecast multiple years, easily understood by non financial managers, quick and easy changes to revise or copy formulas

Cons

Not a lot of cons, other than it does take a few times copying and preparing a budget to understand that everything, including actual budgets, actual results and forecasts are deemed budgets and need to be attached to each year for comparison if needed. That is where the copy feature comes in real handy.

Reasons for choosing Budgyt

Ease of use and setup and more reasonable pricing for a 5 user $ 20 Million non profit

Carl

Death to Tabs

Solid A+

Pros

Budgyt solved our planning and forecasting needs filling in a gap in our ERP system that no other third party or the direct OEM manufacturer could. Budgyt is now core to our operations and a solution we use daily to achieve the double digit growth figures we enjoy since the day we deployed this throughout our organization.

Cons

The Cloud vs. perpetual licenses we could install in our data center.

Reasons for choosing Budgyt

The alternatives from Cognos, various Report writers and off the shelf products that say they are user friendly but cost an arm and a leg simply do not fulfill the needs as well as Budgyt.

Reasons for switching to Budgyt

When Excel or your ERP system will not cut it any longer Budgyt puts an end to the countless Tabs and pivot tables.

Melissa

Budgyt Review

SOMN is able to allow multiple levels of access, all customized to specific user needs. The real time information access is extremely useful to budget managers planning for upcoming events.

Pros

Ease of use, support from Budgyt, training and implementation was thorough.

Cons

Approval notification - would like to see only pending when I open the system and not have to filter. During year end, it can take a while for everything to load due to the high volume of users entering new data because the system is also pulling up approved/declined changes.

Reasons for switching to Budgyt

Needed easy to use, web-based solution

Dmitry

March 2022

Best budgeting software in the market

Pros

Easy to set up and use. VERY competitive pricing. Excellent support. Literally no change management required.

Cons

It is an online platform so the speed will be worse if you compare to soft on the PC.

Reasons for choosing Budgyt

Budgyt provides same features for a fraction of the cost.

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Budgyt has brought our finance department to the next level. Essential for any growing organization.

Pros

Our non-profit organization relies on a flexible approach to managing our finances, so it is critical to have data organized and presented the way we need it. Budgyt is highly customizable and can fit most, if not any, accounts structure.

Cons

The administrative learning curve is a bit steep, but not unexpected given the powerful tools available in this software. Program administrators should expect to spend anywhere from several weeks to a couple of months with the software before they feel comfortable with the program.

Matthew

Great Budget and Forecasting Tool

It has been very positive. They are continually making updates and improvements, and they are always quick to respond to any inquiries I may have. Forecasting and personnel updates are what I primarily use the software for.

Pros

I started utilizing Budgyt in 2019 when I started at my non-profit organization. I was looking for a budget and forecasting software that was user friendly, allowed us to create and update multiple budgets, provided streamlined forecasting, had canned budget and actual reports, and one we could manage our payroll through. My expectations were exceeded with Budgyt. Throughout my time with Budgyt they have continuously made software updates and improvements which benefit the customer. Recommendations I have made have been implemented and really benefited me. There are many useful tutorials and [SENSITIVE CONTENT], and the support team, are always available and quick to respond to inquires. The software now has updates which link directly to QBO and made my job as Finance Manager much easier. I could highly recommend Budgyt.

Cons

In the beginning the personnel portal was missing some dimensions that would have been helpful. I was able to work with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and Budgyt's support team and they were able to add in the dimensions I needed.

Reasons for choosing Budgyt

The integration and yearly subscription were a big factor. Also, the fact I am able to connect directly to Quickbooks was very important.

Sandeep

Much Better Than Excel!

The benefit with Budgyt is getting rid of the need to use Excel as the primary location to house all the budget data. Sharing permissions are excellent, so now all managers can access their budgets, submit changes, and get approvals all within this software. Their CEO is really awesome, has taken a lot of his personal time to get on a call with me and show me the ropes. He has also been real welcoming of the feedback I have provided.

Pros

Once you get the hang of how the software works, it's easy to enter, update, and recall information within the platform. We got tired of spending hours fixing Excel formulas and formats, and with Budgyt, we can spend more time analyzing our financial progress. I also like their integration with Xero - it means it automatically imports actual financial data.

Cons

Nothing to dislike here. The software already does a good job at what it's supposed to. There can be a bit of a learning curve when using the function formulas, and I haven't had a chance to fully utilize their HR module. There are always lots of features that can add to the software, and I am glad this company continues to deploy resources towards feature releases and fixes.

Sakshi

Industry: Dairy

Your business needs it!

Overall Budgyt helped me getting rid of the old ugly excel formula sheets which always gets messed up with one inconsistent formula

Pros

Quick and accurate reports Less scope of error

Cons

Visualization tools can be improved It's hard to implement

Reasons for choosing Budgyt

Economical and better product service

We got the functionality we needed at a reasonable cost.

It's been a big step forward that has solved a number of pain points. We've solved the problem of finding a robust but affordable solution that works with QuickBooks. We've eliminated the distribution of monthly reports and budget information by e-mail or spreadsheet and simply have our recipients login to Budgyt. We've overcome the limitations that QuickBooks Online has with budgeting, which are major. We love that there are no limits on the number of users.

Pros

Even as a small organization, we have many departments and projects, which in our case are QuickBooks Online Classes and Sub-Classes. Budgyt was the only affordable solution we could find that allows us to do financial reporting, budgeting, and forecasting at the Sub-Class level. It's easy and flexible to see and analyze data for classes or groups of classes.

Reasons for choosing Budgyt

The combination of cost and functionality.

Denise

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

The sales, training and support have been invested in making Budgyt fit our needs in a system.

Knowing that there were no mistakes in my excel formulas - so piece of mind when presenting the budgets to our boards and committees the the numbers are correct.

Pros

We needed something to replace excel for our budget process. We wanted to be able to create separate budgets for each of our corps initiatives and roll up the data as well as allocate overhead expenses to each Corps. Budgyt does that for us without the worry of having mistakes in an excel formula. It makes it easy for employees to enter their own data without the need for me to reenter the data into a "master" spreadsheet. We are also taking advantage of adding supporting documents and notes to the budget detail - which will be great for looking back 6 months into the year when we want to know what those dollars were for. For all the functionality in the software I think the price on the product is GREAT! I looked at other products that were easily 10 x as much and were doing just about the same thing. I highly recommend Budgyt software! I also like the fact that it is a web based product, nothing to download, install or backup.

Cons

There is a lot of clicking to get to editing a line item. Would like a bit more flexibility in reporting. We are relatively new users of Budgyt. For both of these items it could be that we have not worked with it long enough yet.

Alex

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Awesome Tool! Just What We Needed to Take Budgeting to the Next Level!

Pros

First, Budgyt has a great team. Customer support representative has been incredibly responsive to our questions and really helped get things started for us. Once we started to use the tool, we found that it was both intuitive and very powerful. Our non-financial team members love being able to add new line items and document the assumptions behind their budgets.

Cons

There isn't much not to like about Budgyt! The only thing I can think is that there are a few features that are in the works that are not live yet. For instance, it would be nice to be able to control account access ad the level of cost center and account so that folks could have access to an account in one cost center, but not have access to that same account in other cost centers. ALl of this is minor stuff and I strongly believe that James will work to resolve these items.

Response from Budgyt

Alex, As you know we have this feature now to control user access by cost center and by category.

Replied October 2018

February 2022

Easy to use platform with amazing features.

Much better than other experiences with budgeting/finance software used in the past.

Pros

Easy to use platform with amazing features coupled with top tier support.

Cons

Missing balance sheet and cash flow but that is being tested now so should be offered very soon.

Stephanie

Industry: Computer Networking

Budgyt is Easy to Use

It is very easy to copy a prior year and make changes. Overall, it is very user friendly

Pros

Very easy to use, very intuitive. I like how easy it is to copy budgets and look at different scenarios or time periods.

Cons

Takes a little bit of time to get used to the payroll/HR section to figure out how that flows into the budget

Frances

We have always struggled with budgeting and have longed for something that made the process easy.

transparency from all our systems as they all feed into the software.

Pros

Accessible by multiple teams, easy to input and adapt data, great measurement features for comparatives.

Cons

Once the reports are generated they are easily printable. Would love to print using the browser. Other than that I have no issues with this software at all.

Response from Budgyt

The Excel reports that we have are formatted for printing already. We are adding Crystal Reports for PDF viewing as well.

Replied September 2017

Gwen

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Just what you're looking for

A+, 5 starts! I would recommend them to anyone.

Pros

#1 is customer service. If you need something they are there to help. The software is easy to use and they have covered all the things you need and don't have all the extra stuff you don't need. I couldn't be happier with our purchase. I looked at a lot of systems and by far Budgyt does exactly what we need.

Cons

I didn't find anything that I didn't like. If I struggled with anything they were an email away. They even send vidoes to walk you step by step.

Reasons for choosing Budgyt

price and what we needed. There were several systems out there that were just over the top and very expensive because of that. This does everything that you need without the huge price tag.

Gwen

User Friendly

Such an improvement from my excel days of budgeting. I have nothing negative to say about this product. They've done a great job at getting me exactly what I needed. We are not a huge company so I didn't need these very cumbersome and expensive systems. Budgyt was just what I needed and fit perfectly in our budget.

Pros

Very user friendly. So easy to get information in and out of the system.

Cons

I have been using excel so this was such an improvement for me. There wasn't anything that I found that I didn't like. Looking forward to gaining more knowledge on using it.

Fran

Director of Operations and HR

I came to use Budgyt as we were expanding our sales force and needed a forecasting tool. Not only was Budgyt easy to use but it allowed me to build comparative reports by rep and by account which was what I needed. Our rep has been spectacular in terms of his support and ability to build a bridge between our data and Budgyt. I would highly recommend this application for budgeting, forecasting, target compare and territory compare.

Pros

Compare feature by rep and by territory as I've defined it.

Cons

Sometimes the reporting tool takes a few minutes. I wish it was instantaneous

Replied March 2017

Kobina

Industry: Maritime

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Excellent software; easy to implement/use

amazing difference; i have discarded all my excel reports for this web-based reporting and budgeting option

Pros

Flexibility Self-implementation Quick implementation Value for money Easy integration / download-upload feature Quick to identify exceptions, errors when uploading; and correct Speed/Agility

Cons

Exchange rate feature for multi-currency companies (but this is being worked on at the moment)

Reasons for choosing Budgyt

price, easy of implementation, support

Enrique

Industry: Consumer Electronics

As a Startup, Budgyt was what we needed to track our spend.

Budgyt has helped us to better track expenses and hold departments accountable for their spend. Before, our Company used excel and with that it was a lot of manual input and verifying calculations.

Pros

Budgyt in the grand scheme of things is easy to use. You can create calculations for payroll, taxes, revenue, and cogs. You can create budgets by department and also import the actuals from Quickbooks to do month, quarter or annual comparisons.

Cons

It does take time to understand and calculate the formulas, but once you get use to it, it is a lot simpler to do future ones. In addition, customer support can assist to help you start them. I do wish they could add budgets greater than 1 year, but this might coming in future software releases.

Budgyt