All Buildium Reviews

Reviewed August 2021

The Best PM Software Solution

Aaron

Reviewed June 2022

Best property management software for the price

Reporting is important and Buildium lets you know who owes how much and what bills need to be paid. It simplifies the bookkeeping aspect and gives accurate accounting if used properly. Really enjoy having a dashboard with all critical information at my fingertips.

PROS

Buildium is packed with features to streamline property management and cashflow. There is no better way to accept tenant payments and pay vendors online with the click of a few buttons. Once we got our tenants and vendors using the payment portal, we drastically reduced time spent on processing paper bills and checks. There are so many ways to automate tasks and save time.

CONS

I'm hoping that the developers add the "Duplicate Invoice" feature in the Bills module. This would save a lot of time when entering several bills at once. Setup is difficult but key to make the software work for you.

Reason for choosing Buildium

Price and familiarity with the product.

Reasons for switching to Buildium

More features and better software for managing 50-100 properties.

Hi Aaron, Thanks for your feedback and excellent suggestion about making duplicate bills! Did you know you can submit suggestions like this directly to our developers? If you haven't already, navigate to the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account. - Charlie

Replied June 2022

Keenan

Reviewed June 2021

The Best PM Software Solution

We have enlarged our client base with Buildium's features thanks to their focus on speed and accuracy with payments, reporting, and accounting ease.

PROS

Online payments are a game-changer. Owner/tenant/HOA access allows each respective person the ability to view important reports and property status in real-time. The property database is completely searchable from anywhere on the site.

CONS

The task feature is a bit wanting. It's good for what it is, but dedicated project management or to-do list applications work just as well or better in most cases.

Reason for choosing Buildium

It suited our company the most and its HOA features offered what we were looking for.

Reasons for switching to Buildium

The dedicated property management features

JASON

Design, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Is Buildium GOING OUT OF BUSINESS?

Is Buildium GOING OUT OF BUSINESS?

PROS

None at the moment. I am appalled with the company at the moment after using the system for 5 years.

CONS

Is Buildium GOING OUT OF BUSINESS? Is anyone else having trouble getting hold of a human being at Buildium?!?!?!?!? I was on hold for 5 hours yesterday! Till the system disconnected me. No customer service agents available. I called the sales department and immediately a human answered. They were very nice but had no way of transferring my call to anywhere else in the company, not even a manger. It is day 2 now and no answer from Buildium. The sales line and the customer service line both have an automatic answer that there is a company meeting. My call is regarding the FORTE automatic payment system which has received funds from our renters but is not transferring funds to our account. I find it very suspicious that a company is: 1. Receiving funds for rent transactions but not paying the property company the rent. 2. The Customer support line is so busy that it can not answer calls. 3. The sales department answers immediately with a live person yet can not transfer a call to a service agent or a manager. 4. Sales can call me back directly the same day to up sell me a product while I am still having no call back form a manager or service agent. 5. I leave my contact number several times with a live person. Sales reaches me at my number yet I get an email from service that they can not reach me at a good number. 6. I send a reply email to service and give them my number that sales used to call me and I get a reply email from service that I need to supply a con

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to leave us your honest feedback. I understand that you and our Customer Care Team Lead, Seth, have worked through any issues you've encountered. We're happy to report we've grown our customer care team, and you should no longer be experiencing wait times as you had previously. Thanks again for taking the time to leave this review. The Buildium Team

Replied April 2020

Alicia

Support as you Grow!

I would recommend buildium to anyone looking for property management software. Their support staff and their continual improvements are worth it, and the value for the software is fantastic.

PROS

The support team can answer EVERY question and are so easy to use. I don’t hesitate to call even for minor items.

CONS

The financial reporting and owner portal financials are a little lacking.

Reason for choosing Buildium

Start up cost and pricing that will grow with the company.

Brad

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

A robust operations platform that saves time and money

Great! Customer service has always been helpful, and the tool is very stable.

PROS

Rent tracking and customizable late fee policies, leasing/advertising tools, renewal countdowns, and work orders are among my favorite tools within Buidium.

CONS

The reporting features (especially ePay reports to reconcile credit card transaction costs on a per-property basis) are not 100% clear or intuitive. I would like to see some community best practices for various reports.

Reason for choosing Buildium

Product functionality, user experience design, and pricing.

Looks like Buildium has been a big help to your business, and it's great to see! As for reports best practices, you should check out the Blog page on Buildium.com. You'll find a whole host of posts that may have just the information you're looking for! Thanks for your review, Brad!

Replied November 2023

Gregg

Construction, 2-10 employees

YF Solutions, LLC’s Buildium Assessment

Nothing but positive things to say about the experience. I have been involved with other similar systems and Buildium is much more user friendly.

PROS

Having access to the data base provides our company with tracking options on many levels as well as a 24/7 information resource!

CONS

From a contractors perspective, it would be extremely helpful to have a full understanding of what are capabilities are inside the system with the access we have been granted.

Reasons for switching to Buildium

The customer we went to work work for had adapted this system.

Kolton

Reviewed January 2024

Great product with incredible customer service

Overall, the service has well exceeded my expectations!

PROS

The customer service is one of the best parts of Buildium.

CONS

There is no way to track effectively the unit turnover process

Reason for choosing Buildium

Buildium had no minimum amount of units required so it was the best option when starting out with less than 50 units in the portfolio.

Stormy

I like Buildium

It has been a great experience for me, I have use several Property management software and Buildium by far has been the best one.

PROS

It is very user friendly and easy to navigate.

CONS

I do not like if a tenant has a credit on their ledger it automatically charges them a late fee, it is like Buildium can not distinguish a credit from a balance owed.

Reasons for switching to Buildium

I was using Yardi and the other company I worked for, I started using Buildium at my new place of employment.

luis

best program ever

PROS

the program is very easy to use and extremely helpful

CONS

the app is a little finicky and doesnt work very well.

Reasons for switching to Buildium

old program didnt work very well and has very little features

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Great program! Extremely user friendly and easy to use.

The overall experience was a great one so far. Just scratching the service as we went live this past month but anticipate the portal making our jobs a lot easier as we get more familiarized with it.

PROS

The ease of accessibility and the ability to navigate through the portal without any prior training and get to where I needed to be with little or no difficulty. A much better program than the last one our company was on.

CONS

The portal does not come with a personal Keurig! :)

Reasons for switching to Buildium

It was our managers decision, and a really good decision. We needed a program with more options and more user friendly.... not so hard to navigate through in order to get our jobs done.

Thanks for your review, Andrew! While we can't help with adding a Keurig, we do appreciate your kind words! - Charlie

Replied November 2023

Diane

Reviewed August 2019

Buildium Builds Confidence in Our Owners and Tenants

I have come to rely on Buildium always being there when I need to enter information into the system or to generate a report or look up a transaction. I can't remember ever having a time when the system was down or not available. Not having to worry about this gives me peace of mind, and in a sometimes hectic environment, this is important. Buildium is dependable.

PROS

I use Buildium daily and rely on it to enter information that will be used to generate monthly and annual reports. The finished product is easy to read and looks very professional. Our owners know they are in good hands when they can easily see where there money is spent and feel confident that we are protecting their investment. For our tenants, they really like being able to pay their rent on line, saving them time and money. If I have an issue that needs to be resolved, I know I can count on Buildium's customer service department to answer my questions quickly and accurately.

CONS

I understand how this software works now because I have been using it for the past several years, however, there was a little bit of a learning curve. Because I know the limitations of Buildium and how to get around them, there is less and less that I don't like about the software.

Reason for choosing Buildium

I chose Buildium because it was affordable and fairly easy to use. I liked the ease it offers my tenants to pay online and how simple it is to pay my owners.

Diane, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We know what a tough job property management can be, and we're so happy that we can help bring you peace-of-mind! We appreciate you as a loyal customer! Best, The Buildium Team

Replied August 2019

Ryan

Reviewed September 2019

Opt for Monthly over Yearly at discounted rate

Benefits realized would be never opting to save 10% for a yearly contract when a company fails to stand behind their product. As a property manager my success mainly relies on tenants being happy with their situation I'm always perplexed when I deal with vendors that don't share that same idea.

PROS

The added features and collaborations with other products such as Happy Co. Inspector and other features were a huge selling point.

CONS

On-boarding process was horrible, were given two options but the options we choose meant we never truly implemented the software, constantly we were pushed back month after month without being operational except for two properties. Balance and accounting sheet were never resolved. Repeatedly postponed and after months of not having the software work as suggested it would asked to be reimbursed for remaining months not even for a total refund which was denied under the condition that this is a 'self-service' software. If we had chosen month to month option we would of discontinued use of this product after two months. Unable to find an amicable resolution and thus will continue to use this product for the only two properties that were properly entered until the contract ends and discontinue service. The quality of their employees is very high and were easy to deal with but resolutions never truly came and sadly they didn't stand behind their product enough to understand that the on-boarding was never successful and meet a fair resolution. Was offered two months for free after 6 months of not being fully on-boarded.

Reason for choosing Buildium

For ease of use, until actually using the product. If on-boarding this product make sure to have them implement everything for you, as there is no getting around the extremely long on-boarding process and entering our own information conflicted heavily with the entire process despite being assured that it wouldn't be. An example of a new company that hasn't truly learned or vetted their on-boarding process.

Kimberly

Reviewed June 2020

Definitely Worth a Try

Overall, I think Buildium is a good company and I think they are struggling with the fast growth process, as many companies do. The cost of their program is less than Appfolio and the folks that work for them are better at helping out with issues. I found Appfolio's phone support to be mostly snarky know-it-alls and patronizing 20-somethings with an attitude who seemed to be bothered by my questions . Buildium support has never come across that way.

PROS

The set up process and assistance in doing it was quite seamless. The ongoing support is there if you need it and the tutorials, although not great or always up to date, do help you figure things out without having to call in.

CONS

The close-out of a tenant can be awkward and not intuitive. The return of security deposits with interest and charging of fees is clunky. Also, when a lease runs out, the system doesn't roll them over to month-to-month. It simply just closes out the lease on line and makes it look like the tenant doesn't live there anymore or owe any rent. This is both frustrating and stressful because if a tenant owes money and decides not to declare that, they could potentially get away without paying rent. There needs to be a change in the rollover of the leases in the system so we don't miss collecting rent.

Reason for choosing Buildium

We needed to switch quickly and Buildium responded faster.

Reasons for switching to Buildium

Cost was more than double and phone support was snotty.

Lori

Reviewed March 2021

Easy to use becoming more Robust

Been using Buildium for about 6 years. We have been able to manage properties much more effeciently and thoroughly. Tenants now are more interactive and easier to recieve payments and get work orders done, so much less deferred maintenance. The software is intuitive and pretty easy to use. When we have needed Customer support there has typically been a live person that is very helpful.

PROS

The software is pretty easy to use, intuitive. Buildium does not really encourage integration with other Apps easily.

CONS

That Tenants can't do Independent Home inspections. OR that We can't tie another software into Buildium easily to allow us to customize a few things.

Reason for choosing Buildium

Because we are a smaller company and did not need to manipulate software as much as Yardi allows (therefore costing more). FYI - I recently tried to upgrade my buildium membership but it absolutely did not make sense financially. I think it would be beneficial for there to be an option for smaller companies of less than 100 properties to be able to get the premium package for a lesser price. (I want open API and will not ever be more than 50 properties, so a package for a smaller number of properties would be something the big companies like Yardi don't offer)

Reasons for switching to Buildium

Wanted better immediate /automatic posting to ledgers when tenants paid and wanted better download and organizing of owner files.

Melinda

Reviewed January 2022

Great Property Management software

Overall I am pleased with this product. The more I work with it the more I find I am able to do.

PROS

This software allows me to communicate efficiently with tenants and owners and to find information quickly when needed. I also love that it is always adding new features and updating existing.

CONS

I would like to be able to text owners the way that I can tenants. I would also like to be able to do the owner PM agreements as well. Sometimes I need to add an addendum so it would be nice to be able to add documents to be signed as needed.

Reason for choosing Buildium

We did not have enough properties to use Appfolio

Hi Melinda! Thank you for your honest feedback. Texting rental owners, collecting digital signatures for other documents, and mid-lease document signing are all things our developers are looking into. You can add your voice to the chorus of people who have requested these features by clicking "Suggest a feature" in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account. From there, you can search for features you're looking for and add your vote to them. If the feature you're looking for hasn't already been suggested, you can submit it and other Buildium users can add their vote to it. In the meantime, stay tuned as updates to these services and more are launched! - Charlie W

Replied January 2022

Anna

Reviewed April 2022

Professional and Polished

When we were choosing which software to partner with, Buildium quickly rose to the top. Today, four years into business, I don't know what we'd do without it. From an accounting perspective, my accounting team has been pleased with the company reporting capabilities. From a management perspective, it allows our smaller firm to look as polished and professional - if not more so - than our larger competitors. It all comes down to how well users work the system. We feel we've gotten into our groove when it comes to onboarding, marketing, maintenance and more. The only thing I wish Buildium would consider is greater training options for those new to the software. That said, I managed to get us started (initially) and train the other users. And whenever we have a question, the support team is always a close phone call away. I would absolutely recommend the software to anyone as the best for ease of use, accounting capabilities and managed growth of the business.

PROS

Ease of use. Tech support available by phone.

CONS

User training options at the start of use. Perhaps online classes could be considered?

Reason for choosing Buildium

Ease of use. And the ability to play around on it prior to actually buying it. (Although, that could cause problems when someone doesn't understand how it works initially.)

Tony