Certify Reviews

4.69 / 5 (1,071)

Our advisors have recommended this product 9 times in the last 30 days

Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "How easy it is to navigate. You just have to follow the instructions and follow the steps. It takes no time to get my reimbursements."

• "The Certify app is very easy to use and helps streamline the process. Processing the expense reports on a bi-weekly basis is very easy to do."

• "The functionality of the workflow and expense management seems to work well with the needs of our company."

• "The ease of use, I can take a picture of my receipt right away and input the details and never have to worry about losing a receipt. "

• Cons

• "Sometimes I have to reenter information such as dates and addresses. This is not very often, so I can't complain!"

• "Having to download the Map Quest mileage into the app site for each visit to and from is frustrating ."

• "There were nothing that I dislike about the software"

• "Sometimes clumsy to look at receipts, the zoom function is a little awkward"

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 1,071 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Louis from LionRT

Ceritify app and control software specifically targets and organizes our teams travel log and finance expense reports.

Our team experienced an immediate affinity for Certify as an application which we are using along side our current CRM in order to organize , track , and to monitor travel compliant policy alterations for our yearly , very busy travel schedule. Certify as such has become a concrete asset as we save on needless and potentially expensive travel costs.

Pros

We found that Certify readily integrates inside of our current Control Management Software quite efficiently and easily.
Certify's own management team help sire us through this process which ultimately reduced our dependency on IT
support which can be costly. Certify offers easy to use tools that allow our employees and resource allocation
to create fine tuned reports designed to address monetary waste as well to increase cost efficiency. As advised by Certify's team,
we are paying particular attention to travel mileage as well as incurred airfare. AP report generation is also available for our
accounting in order to focus on reimbursable costs for each department or by employee.

Cons

We did notice occasional operational instability in the form of minor bugs with this program as well as the necessary synchronization
that must be initialized by each employee per server , however overall these inconveniences were mitigated through
intervention from Certify's capable client service department. They suggested quite effective work around solutions
to keep our report flow steady and current.

Randal from DALLASWHITE Corporation

Certify Expense Reports

Some of the initial set up takes a little bit of time because if it is done wrong the errors will compound with time. Initial set up is key.

Pros

The software is easy to use, both for the back office and for the people out in the field. The processing of expense reports and the integration into out Quickbooks is much quicker than doing it all by hand.

Cons

We had some errors in the beginning of our use with Certify, in that the software would not allow us the ability to process credit card payments for some of our "Current Assets". I find this strange that nowadays with the use of credit cards for so much of purchasing in the world, that there would be a category of expenses that the software would not recognize. Certify was very helpful in tracking down this issue and explaining it to us.

Lauren from Trinity Logistics

Trinity Logistics

With Certify our expenses of booking travel are down and it is also an accountability tool in managing our travel policy.

Pros

This is a very intuitive easy to use software but the biggest Pro to this is their customer service. i can't say enough about their service especially on the travel side. Any problem we have ever had in the travel side was immediately taken care of. Very personable. As a user who does travel for the team almost weekly it is such a timer saver to have a service that keeps every ones information on file and provide you with every travel option on one screen. Booking travel is a breeze with certify and the reporting comes directly into the system without having to capture those travel receipts for air, hotel or rental cars.

Cons

Occasionally when you upload receipts it puts the receipt in as a separate entry. I have not figured out what I do to make that happen but it seems to do it most if I don't autofill my receipts. It's not a big issue but more of an annoyance when it happens. That said, its a great product.

Yvonne from Hospitality

Ease of use in the field.

Pros

Entry is very easy with the mobile app. I use this in the field. It is so much more convenient than doing expense reports longhand and having to fax in. Data entry is very fast. Sending in for review and processing is seamless. The few times I needed directions I was able to get accurate help from customer service immediately. They are professional, knowledgeable, and supportive.

Cons

The app has minimal instructions for correcting entry errors after the expense report has been generated. Customer service redeemed this issue by being very knowledgeable and helpful. The available tutorials also only cover general field usage with no help for doing fixes. Also, photos of receipts do not always accurately fill the expense field and do need to be reviewed before saving in order to correct blank or incorrect fields.

Emmanuel from Netformx

Great Software When You Implement it Correctly

When I worked for a company that already had the software up and running and had time to work out the implementation bugs, it worked great. If you can try to include yourself in any focus groups or test cases during testing, so you can make sure that your regular expenses will be able to be entered.

Pros

As far as travel and expense software go, Certify is very easy to use. The first time onscreen prompts help you figure out how to enter expenses for reimbursements. I've used other mobile expense software, and I would have to say that Certify has the friendliest interface, and it is difficult to get wrong. The menus and layout make it easy to find current submissions, past reimbursements, and to update your profile.

Cons

I have worked at a company where we switched from one T&E software to Certify, and the experience was terrible. While the interface was great, there were too many steps required in order to enter an expenses. I would also have trouble when I tried to split an expense for a single charge, and had to contact my accounting department as well as Certify Support. It was determined that certain steps were overlooked when the initial implementation of the software was done, so it took an extra 2-weeks, before I could correct my error. Unfortunately for me, this pushed me into the window where the Credit Card I used got charged the interest for that month. I was of course paid back, but it was a hassle none the less.

Risa from Bottom Line

Creating expense reports couldn't be easier!

Before Certify, I had to physically tape receipts to a piece of paper and scan it to our finance department. Now, I take pictures of receipts as I get them or forward receipts from my email. I can then easily create, send, and approve expense reports.

Pros

Creating expense reports couldn't be easier! I set up my account so that I can forward email receipts directly to Certify and the app makes it super easy to snap photos of receipts and upload them. In my role, I also have to approve expense reports - Certify makes it easy to do that (and make edits when something is submitted incorrectly). PLUS, their customer service is great - they are super supportive and friendly and are able to resolve any issues that arise quickly.

Cons

There's not much I don't like about it, but sometimes Certify will guess what expense category something belongs in, but it is often wrong (I just ignore it, so it's not a huge problem).

Heather from RevLocal

This software is like an "EASY" button for life!

The ability to keep track of every mileage reimbursement that I had ever had!

Pros

When traveling as much as I used to for work, Certify gave me the ability to not only keep track of where I went, but the notes feature allowed me to keep track of why I was going there.
I actually had an error occur at work which caused me to have to go back 3 YEARS and give the accounting department a list of every time I drove to headquarters. Being able to go back into Certify to find specific times/dates/mileage/etc. helped me prove that I was actually owed a few hundred dollars! It was no fault of my company or myself, just one of those oversights that could have been missed by anyone. But had I not had Certify and it's ability to keep track of EVERYTHING, I never would have been able to prove the error had occurred!

Cons

Even though I used the app on my phone for years, I still found myself getting confused when it came to determining whether I needed to create an "expense" or a "receipt" - I think there should/could be an easier way to label these two options so that it identifies more with what each one actually means. While it may look as though it should be self-explanatory, there were times when I would just forget.

Madison from CBT nuggets

Certify Employee Review

A huge business problem that certify has to help me to fix, is cutting unnecessary cost in our company. With its easy to use software, I was able to see what cost I could cut, therefore saving our company more money!

Pros

This software is really great. I provide all the snacks, office supplies, and other employee-related equipment to my team of about 120 employees. Therefore I use Certify a lot and its extremely easy to use. I love how I can just snap a photo an upload my receipt right after purchase to keep things in order. It also gives you tips and tricks if you mess up an expense. I would highly recommend this software to any companies that have company credit cards. It's very easy to learn and very easy to use!

Cons

There really is not a lot of things I dislike about Certfity. I use it every day and I find it a very easy product to use.!

rajan from balchem

i have been using this for my bill sand find is easier to use than our prior method

easy to use

Pros

ease of use, easy to try and figure out things on my own Drug metabolism is the conversion or breakdown of drugs into more soluble forms through a specialized set of enzymes in living organisms. During this process, drug efficacy and safety issues may occur. For example, drug metabolic stability can affect the clearance rate of the drugs, thus influence the dosing strategy. Potential interactions between drugs and drug metabolizing enzymes can cause induction or inhibition of the enzymes, leading to increased or decreased drug exposures, especially when two or more drugs are present. Thus it' s necessary to assess the metabolic patterns and properties of your compounds.

Cons

i cannot think of any right off hand Drug metabolism is the conversion or breakdown of drugs into more soluble forms through a specialized set of enzymes in living organisms. During this process, drug efficacy and safety issues may occur. For example, drug metabolic stability can affect the clearance rate of the drugs, thus influence the dosing strategy. Potential interactions between drugs and drug metabolizing enzymes can cause induction or inhibition of the enzymes, leading to increased or decreased drug exposures, especially when two or more drugs are present. Thus it' s necessary to assess the metabolic patterns and properties of your compounds.

Nancy from Ultradent

Easy and Intuitive Program

Saving time is the biggest benefit I see. Being able to enter receipts on the go and have them sync up and then auto-populate my expense report is one HUGE thing I can check off my long list of "to do's".

Pros

I love how easy and convenient this software is to use and because of this I rarely if ever "forget" to upload a receipt. I use the mobile app "on the spot" as I wait for my catering order or before I start my car to drive to the next office. It's great!

Cons

It is hard to come up with any major cons. I guess if I had to pick something it would be to have fewer categories on the mobile app in the section where you enter the expense description. However, this is not a big deal at all.

Pam from DISH

Certify for my teams

I use this to software daily, both for creating expense reports for others or approving for my Director. It is easy to use and I appreciate being able to leave additional comments

Pros

easy to use, software is straightforward

Cons

This is probably my company's choice but the categories that are listed for how we are to list the expense (travel-meals, others meals, mileage) the categories are not explained well and often I do not know what to choose. How strict do we need to be with these categories, are they truly linked to something we are tracking?

Merry from RDO Equipment

Certify used for Travel, Entertainment and P-card

Certify from a user perspective is easy to learn and use. The mobility tool to take images of receipts in easy to use. The quality of the receipt is good. The OCR technology does a pretty good job at reading the receipts. It is user friendly from a system administration perspective as well. It is click not code. There are simple changes that a system administrator can complete rather than needing to go back to IT to make coding changes. The response time from the helpdesk in fairly quick as well. The account rep/helpdesk was willing to answer my questions as I was learning how to support they system from a system administrator perspective.

Pros

How easy it is from a system administration and end user perspective to us.

Cons

We use the out of box solution. The is some company specific configuration. If there is a feature you would like, you may not always be able to get that feature. Certify will put it on a list and if enough customers request, they may make the change. I also understand that customizing a system to one company is difficult to support. In my experience with expense tools, customizing a system to a particular company is more difficult to support. Using the system the way Certify intended is a better road to travel.

Mike from General Pacific

My use of Certify

I was lamenting the loss of productivity with our old method of expenses. Our CFO found Certify and what a profit in our business. 90% of the time I can enter the expense within 5 minutes of getting the receipt. I hang onto the receipts and compare them before submitting my weekly report. Simple and fast. Took a little getting use to the logic of generating a report. Like any new software and with someone internal to our organization who is knowledgeable, you get the hang of it. I would never choose to change back.

Pros

Not having to submit physical copies and entering expenses as they happen.

Cons

I have bad luck forwarding emailed expenses. My boss typically can't read them. I'm not sure what the system does to these emails but maybe storing them as a PDF would help?

Richard from CDC Small Business Finance

The Best Stuff Just Got Better

I have been using Certify for over two years. The system has always been easy to navigate and now they made it event FASTER to navigate adding and accounting for receipts as I am on the road! Thank you for making the upload of receipts and preparing expense reports a task that takes less time and mouse clicks!

Pros

My biggest challenge was the time it took to add receipts to expense reports while traveling. There were just too many steps to take from my iPhone. Now you have made it faster and easier to navigate this process!

Cons

None, you made t event better.

Randy from Gate6

Could be good, but isnt

Im going to make this kind of short.... I was lied to in the sales process, implementation dropped the ball continually. They have zero followup when you have an issue. My implementation coach and even the implementation manager I had to speak with never followed up with me. Oh did I mention they have an implementation fee they bring up just before you sign with them? Its not cheap. But they'll "discount" it. Due to being lied to during sales, I had to figure out how Certify worked instead of it just working for me. I had to re-enter my credit cards 3 times, and I had 15 credit cards. I had to call the bank to get individual logins for all my credit cards. I have 25 very unhappy users and one irate admin (me). The import into quickbooks did not go as promised as well. Due to all of this I now feel as if I know more about Certify than my salesman did when he sold me this crap. The app for the phone is pretty good, Android better than IOS I think. The Web application though is horrible, just horrible. The Layout is bad, you have to confirm simple things, but you can delete an expense with no more scrutiny. They have no way for you to recover deleted expenses. The have a Wallet and a Report, you cannot edit most fields in the wallet, you have to move expenses into a "draft report" then move them back into your wallet! Its about a 10 click process just to change the amount of a receipt or change a category- very important things, heres the procedure lol. 1) Check expense(s) in wallet 2) Click Add to report, 3) Chose whether you want a new or existing report. 4) Confirm that you want to do that. 5) Wait for the expenses to load(which can take a while if you have a lot) 6) click edit 7) Edit the expense, click save (I'll give them this one) 8) Click the icon to open a menu 9) Click Send to wallet. So 9 steps. There is an alternate way but you get to chose from a little window and you cant select multiple. So why do I have to leave the wallet to edit an expense? Oh and if you have a lot of receipts they remove the "merge" option. This matches your receipts with your CC charges automatically! But you cant have more than 100 or 150 lines of charges/expenses, they cant decide on which number, but its between there. So why would you make my life harder if I have MORE expenses? I hope this saves you from some hassle, expenses are tricky, this is my second go around wasting dozens of hours.

Pros

App is good to use

Cons

They dont know their system entirely. they will sell you something just to sell you.
Their salesmen dont know the ins and outs.

Nidhin from Actoiq

Easy to manage all work expenses in one place

After implementing certify, it adds some more accuracy and speedy progression in our overall system.

Pros

We have been using certify for the last 2 years, and we are so much satisfied with the system, its helps us a lot easy manging and integration overall employee management expense tracking, since it is easy integrate with our crm, its expense details exporting and filing is now so much easy, its add to our overall functionality

Cons

Some times it's run steady and some times some bugs occurs, related to proper updation type structures, that we already talked with the team and resolve it.

Easy to use expense tracking software with a large feature set.

Ability to keep track of expenses and get manager approval much easier for projects.

Pros

I like the ability to track expenses and submit them to your manager for approval. This keeps a record and avoid discrepancies in the future. Ability to have a mobile app is great as well.

Cons

The software layout can be improved, especially on mobile. The interface is hard to learn and required some training for our user base.

Laurel from Team Select Home Health

Is a valuable T&E tool!

The digital processing of T&E reports is by far more efficient than having employees submitting them on paper through snail mail.

Pros

Ease of use for employees to track and submit expenses. The ability to track their expenses on their mobile devices.

Cons

the delay/processing time for employees who have a large number of items to process in one report is a huge time eater. And, moving between items they feel is cumbersome.

Ian from Merieux Nutrisciences

Certify is pretty easy to use. The auto-import from my companies' purchasing card is very useful.

Easy to use purchasing reconciliation

Pros

The auto-import from my purchasing card is very useful. I also enjoy the mapping system for calculating my mileage. Compiling reports is quick and easy. I like the simple user interface and no nonsense page setups.

Cons

While the auto-import is great; I have experienced purchases that have been placed on reports but will not be deleted. I can't delete these values and they have accrued over my 2 years of using certify. This makes me worried when I have a report due and still have extra values located in my history. Scanning in receipts and matching receipts to my purchases could be a little easier too. Another concern with matching receipts to purchases is when a tip is applied to a purchase there is no way to identify that. There should be a TIP option on restaurant purchases that would solve discrepancies between official purchases and money spent.

Alex from Michener Allen Auctioneering Ltd

Excellent value for money

Timely reporting of expense reports, visibility of all expenses, easy to track & review. Historical data available and can review previous information very easily

Pros

Easy to use and the step by step implmentation process was well supported. Good training materials and support after implementation is available. Many good reports are also available.

Did not have any issues with implementing the new expense report process and approval process within the system works well

Cons

Does not handle the GST specific to Canada very well. However we were able to customize a field to capture the information on a report that can be exported to excel to suit our needs.
Does not readily integrate into Sage to simplify data entry.