What are Emburse Certify Expense users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Emburse Certify Expense software through verified user reviews

1,235 Reviews

• icon"EASY ACCESS AND VERY USER FRIENDLY. It is the best software on the market."
  • icon"Helps less organized employees audit and track expenses - integrates with our cc statements and sleek looking site."
  • icon"The UI is nice, and many times the autofill feature works well. If you stay on top of your receipts, this application does well."
  • icon"Additional hidden costs, lack of integration with other tools and applications. Sometimes felt the product to be slow."
  • icon"There is nothing about this software I find negative. M always assured Certify will compile all of my receipts/expenses, and get reimbursed on time."
  • icon"The drop down lists are a little confusing to determine the type of expense, and certify doesn't allow you to go in and change them to your specific company needs."

Browse all Emburse Certify Expense Reviews

• Have you used Emburse Certify Expense and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,235 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,235 reviews

Bobby

Very effective expense management tool.

I use Certify when traveling for work and also to get office expenses like internet and phone reimbursed.

Pros

Certify is a very effective expense management tool. It’s incredibly easy to use and allows me to get my expenses reimbursed very quickly.

Cons

Nothing to dislike. Certify is intuitive and user friendly.

Reasons for switching to Emburse Certify Expense

Certify is much more automated and less manual for expense management purposes.

Athena

Emburse Makes Life Easy

We realized both a tangible return on investment financially, we have also achieved a return on investment through increased time management and productivity that Emburse Certify Expense allowed. A typical dedicated approver could review an average of 30 paper submissions compared to an average of 80 electronic submissions.

Pros

The software is simple and user friendly. Repetition helps our users become comfortable. Submissions are instant and time spent both creating the submission and approving the expense has been considerably reduced. Emburse Certify Expense truly makes life easier for all!

Cons

We would love to see a complete remodel of the mobile app and interface. The mobile app is wonderful for taking photos but does make it harder to complete reports, especially if there are any errors that require attention. The mobile app also still seems to miss some taxes on hotels, shorting the submitter unless caught by the approver. The website itself, the desktop version, experiences high traffic and lag times, resulting in time outs or complete errors. While reporting this issue to the Support Side, I've only encountered one unhelpful representative but the majority of the time our support emails are handled quickly and professionally. The website issues haven't been as severe in the month of November at time of review, so perhaps they've made some upgrades or changes internally that resolved the issue.

Reasons for choosing Emburse Certify Expense

Emburse Certify Expense provided a more customizable experience and met more of our needs than the competitors.

Hans

May 2022

Content user and hoping for improvements

We solved our problem from using a manual process to an automated expense report process. It was also important to have a site that warehouses our receipts.

Pros

First, it integrates with our American Business Gold Card. Second, it's intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

Very happy with the expense software. I don't like it when the credit card link breaks. However, I know they are working to have a direct link in the near future because right now they are using a third party provider.

Reasons for choosing Emburse Certify Expense

I thought it was more intuitive and I was impressed by the customer reviews.

Reasons for switching to Emburse Certify Expense

SAP Concur was very robust but could not provide an automatic link to the American Express Business Gold card. It also was not intuitive and a bit clunky.

Randy

Time used: Free Trial

Could be good, but isnt

Im going to make this kind of short.... I was lied to in the sales process, implementation dropped the ball continually. They have zero followup when you have an issue. My implementation coach and even the implementation manager I had to speak with never followed up with me. Oh did I mention they have an implementation fee they bring up just before you sign with them? Its not cheap. But they'll "discount" it. Due to being lied to during sales, I had to figure out how Certify worked instead of it just working for me. I had to re-enter my credit cards 3 times, and I had 15 credit cards. I had to call the bank to get individual logins for all my credit cards. I have 25 very unhappy users and one irate admin (me). The import into quickbooks did not go as promised as well. Due to all of this I now feel as if I know more about Certify than my salesman did when he sold me this crap. The app for the phone is pretty good, Android better than IOS I think. The Web application though is horrible, just horrible. The Layout is bad, you have to confirm simple things, but you can delete an expense with no more scrutiny. They have no way for you to recover deleted expenses. The have a Wallet and a Report, you cannot edit most fields in the wallet, you have to move expenses into a "draft report" then move them back into your wallet! Its about a 10 click process just to change the amount of a receipt or change a category- very important things, heres the procedure lol. 1) Check expense(s) in wallet 2) Click Add to report, 3) Chose whether you want a new or existing report. 4) Confirm that you want to do that. 5) Wait for the expenses to load(which can take a while if you have a lot) 6) click edit 7) Edit the expense, click save (I'll give them this one) 8) Click the icon to open a menu 9) Click Send to wallet. So 9 steps. There is an alternate way but you get to chose from a little window and you cant select multiple. So why do I have to leave the wallet to edit an expense? Oh and if you have a lot of receipts they remove the "merge" option. This matches your receipts with your CC charges automatically! But you cant have more than 100 or 150 lines of charges/expenses, they cant decide on which number, but its between there. So why would you make my life harder if I have MORE expenses? I hope this saves you from some hassle, expenses are tricky, this is my second go around wasting dozens of hours.

Pros

App is good to use

Cons

They dont know their system entirely. they will sell you something just to sell you. Their salesmen dont know the ins and outs.

Kyle

March 2022

Pros

Ease of use. You do not have to been tech savvy in order to use.

Cons

Lay out on the mobile app. It can come across as confusing because it looks different than the desktop version.

Reasons for choosing Emburse Certify Expense

Cost effective to use Certify for the amount of reports we submit.

Hit the Easy Button

Much more efficient than the prior system that Murphy utilized

Pros

Mobile and Desktop sync easily. Uploading receipts from the photo function is awesome.

Cons

Sometimes extra entry of receipt information is required but probably because we're still learning the software/app

Reasons for switching to Emburse Certify Expense

We didn't have a choice as a user, but glad they switched to Certify!

Imburse Certify is great service for accounting ,Expense Managentment

Overall experience with the emburse certify Expense is amazing and exceptional as it has cutting edge solutions that make your accounting,expenses management, billing and Invoicing, accounts payable very. Easily and convenient.

Pros

It is the best solution for Intuitive expense management, travel management and accounts payable automation solutions if desired as it has in built to complement your organization's growth to deal. With all these powerful features.

Cons

The payment gateway or payments service. Such. PayPal , Skrill, Payoneer might have made it more useful though still it has best solutions for business needs .

Kimberly

Easy to use Expense Management

I'm overall very happy. It's easy for me to receive my monthly reimbursement by logging in and submitting my expense report. When my manager had a question about my report, it was easy to edit and send back. I used to have to do expense reports manually and this saves me so much time! The Support Team being super helpful was also a huge pro, no one looks forward to doing expense reports so knowing it's that easy to get help makes the process even better.

Pros

The software is very easy to use. I didn't look at much documentation and was able to figure out how to add expenses and create reports. The user interface flowed and mostly made sense. When I did need help, the Support Team answered my phone call in less than a minute... I'm not used to a Support Team being so helpful, usually you're on hold or are talking to an automated system.

Cons

The interface isn't attractive... it is easy and gets the job done though. At the end of the day the ease of use is most important to me.

Steven

Great Expense Reporting Tool

This replaces the old excel expense report, copying of receipts and waiting weeks for approval, now it just does it quick and painless. Expenses go from being done monthly to weekly.

Pros

Ability to book travel through corporate polices with no out of pocket expenses incurred by the user. The app for the smart phone makes it so easy to take a picture of an expense receipt without having to keep track of, which is great when traveling. Customer service is superior for when you need to change travel they assist within minutes and keep you moving all with ease and updates.

Cons

None it works great for my needs. Software is easy to use, great features, easy help topics and great customer services.

Reasons for switching to Emburse Certify Expense

Improve turn around time, all electronic.

April 2022

Sometimes a little tricky to use, but awesome integration with other software

Very pleased with the software overall!

Pros

It's great how Emburse integrates with so many other software platforms to automatically import your receipts and spending. For example, I sync Emburse with my Uber Business account, and the receipts are automatically imported, making it easy to do expense reports. Also like how you can easily email receipts (or snap photos of them with the app) to the platform and it creates the expense.

Cons

Sometimes filling out the expenses is tricky, because there are a lot of rules and if you don't get it all right, it doesn't allow the expense.

Ronald

Good finance management tool

My overall experience with Certify Expense has been pretty good.

Pros

The thing that I like most about this software is that it is pretty intuitive and easy to submit expense reports.

Cons

The thing that I like least about this software is that it is a little tedious to have to doublecheck your receipts and manually enter missing information.

Sophia

Industry: Biotechnology

Certify is very easy to use!

Really like it, user friendly, love the sort feature where you can sort the source, cc, receipt whatever, that helps a lot! Do like that it doesn't sync with Netsuite.

Pros

Love the receipt flexibility. photo or upload to app to sync. Also very easy to forward receipts by email.

Cons

Set up is complicated, lots of controls to give access to to make sure setup is good, sometimes small ones are missed and employees get frustrated not having access or trying to proceed, fine turning needed. Credit cards don't always sync, very frustrating. Mine never did after weeks and weeks of troubleshooting. Doesn't sync with Netsuite is a real negative for our accounting dept.

Customer service by phone 24/7, price

Cyndi

Expense tracking made simple!

overall great application to use if your company does any type of expense reporting.

Pros

I like how I can store digital copies of my receipts along with my expense report in Certify. I don't have to go searching for lost receipts in a drawer. Keeps everything neat and organized.

Cons

I have had good experiences so far. I did have to upload a receipt twice on one accession because it didn't take the first time, but that's my only complaint.

Anna

A different type of expense system

As the administrator I think it's a fantastic program for cost savings in comparison to some other popular expense systems. Users struggle with adapting to this software compared to Concur. The interface is completely different for how reports are created and receipts are uploaded. I like that they are constantly making improvements based on user and administrator feedback (I was informed that the more requests they get for something, the higher that project gets bumped up on their development list).

Pros

I like that there are several option to make it custom to our company (ability to make it work how we need it to). There is a vast learning library available and reporting is visually appealing and easy to find what I need to run as the administrator. The Certify tech support team is responsive and always rolling out new improvements based on feedback, we have already seen several positive changes in the last 4 months since switching to this for expenses and travel.

Cons

User feedback has been that it's not user-friendly, there are several aspects of the software that aren't intuitive and users struggle with learning this system after switching from Concur's interface. As the administrator it's difficult to create specific rules to kick-out certain expense categories for audit. We had to create a work-around by making a secondary account for myself to manually review those exceptions which is pretty odd and causes for a lot of double-work, as those approved by the secondary account come back to me as administrator to approve a second time.

Cost Savings/Customer Service

Louis

Ceritify app and control software specifically targets and organizes our teams travel log and finance expense reports.

Our team experienced an immediate affinity for Certify as an application which we are using along side our current CRM in order to organize , track , and to monitor travel compliant policy alterations for our yearly , very busy travel schedule. Certify as such has become a concrete asset as we save on needless and potentially expensive travel costs.

Pros

We found that Certify readily integrates inside of our current Control Management Software quite efficiently and easily. Certify's own management team help sire us through this process which ultimately reduced our dependency on IT support which can be costly. Certify offers easy to use tools that allow our employees and resource allocation to create fine tuned reports designed to address monetary waste as well to increase cost efficiency. As advised by Certify's team, we are paying particular attention to travel mileage as well as incurred airfare. AP report generation is also available for our accounting in order to focus on reimbursable costs for each department or by employee.

Cons

We did notice occasional operational instability in the form of minor bugs with this program as well as the necessary synchronization that must be initialized by each employee per server , however overall these inconveniences were mitigated through intervention from Certify's capable client service department. They suggested quite effective work around solutions to keep our report flow steady and current.

Toni

Good for receipt uploads - clunky during report creation

Our company uses Certify to track and reimburse all work-related expenses. Whether that's a hotel bill for a conference in another state, to the meals and snacks you purchased during your annual off-site retreat, Certify is the way to break everything out by line item and have Finance approve.

Pros

Certify allows the user to upload receipts and put the date of the purchase, which helps Finance get an accurate picture of your work-related spending. You are emailed a notification once your report is submitted, and also when it's been approved. A great feature is the ability to just email the pictures of your receipts on your phone to one email address, which automatically uploads them for you into your account. From there you can fill out the info related to the spend.

Cons

Honestly - Certify is not very intuitive at all. The first time I tried to create an expense report I ended up creating 3 separate reports before noticing that something was off. The platform seems a little buggy, and you can't fix one thing without bulk fixing multiple things. It won't let you move forward unless everything is perfect, and most of the time, it is not clearly communicated what you're missing. You need to upload receipts one by one, but they don't filter into the same report. It's very manual and I dread creating expense reports at the end of any trip because it just takes me forever.

Most bang for the buck

Certify has made our expense program manageable and transparent.

Pros

Certify is intuitive. Users need minimal training.

Cons

Corporate card holders can edit/delete the vendor information when creating a report.

Reasons for choosing Emburse Certify Expense

Pricing and features. Especially mileage calculation feature.

Melanie

Easy to use travel and expense system

The business problem I am solving with using Certify is keeping all of the expense reimbursements organized. With the organization I currently work with, there are a lot of sales people who do a great deal of traveling that they get reimbursed for. It was difficult in the past to manually look at each receipt and total the amounts. With the system, it helps to streamline the process.

Pros

I like that Certify sends me individual emails for each employee that has submitted an expense reimbursement. It also provides reminders if an expense has been submitted but not approved yet. This helps to keep everything organized and ensure nothing gets missed. With the system, Certify allows the approver to click into each expense and view the receipt. It is easy to approve and if you need to write a note to the employee you can do so within the system. For example, if an employee forgets to submit a receipt, I just write a note to them within the system to please upload the receipt. I then get an email when the employee responds.

Cons

I have had an issue in the past where the employees would not receive emails when I write a note to them in the system. They would have to log into Certify. This issue has since seemed to have been fixed. Other than that the system is easy to use.

Randal

Certify Expense Reports

Some of the initial set up takes a little bit of time because if it is done wrong the errors will compound with time. Initial set up is key.

Pros

The software is easy to use, both for the back office and for the people out in the field. The processing of expense reports and the integration into out Quickbooks is much quicker than doing it all by hand.

Cons

We had some errors in the beginning of our use with Certify, in that the software would not allow us the ability to process credit card payments for some of our "Current Assets". I find this strange that nowadays with the use of credit cards for so much of purchasing in the world, that there would be a category of expenses that the software would not recognize. Certify was very helpful in tracking down this issue and explaining it to us.

Melissa

Excellent Expense Reimbursement System

Pros

Great software that fits global needs. Company continues to improve the system.

Cons

There are still some reports that cannot be customized in the system. Have to pull it out and then filter and sort etc.

Pricing and Ease of use

Lauren

Trinity Logistics

With Certify our expenses of booking travel are down and it is also an accountability tool in managing our travel policy.

Pros

This is a very intuitive easy to use software but the biggest Pro to this is their customer service. i can't say enough about their service especially on the travel side. Any problem we have ever had in the travel side was immediately taken care of. Very personable. As a user who does travel for the team almost weekly it is such a timer saver to have a service that keeps every ones information on file and provide you with every travel option on one screen. Booking travel is a breeze with certify and the reporting comes directly into the system without having to capture those travel receipts for air, hotel or rental cars.

Cons

Occasionally when you upload receipts it puts the receipt in as a separate entry. I have not figured out what I do to make that happen but it seems to do it most if I don't autofill my receipts. It's not a big issue but more of an annoyance when it happens. That said, its a great product.

Jessica

Industry: Mental Health Care

Certify Review

With Certify, I am able to ensure that I am getting reimbursed for money that I spend at work both directly and indirectly including gas, mileage, school supplies, food for meetings, and more! Thank you certify for ensuring that I am getting paid for the things I pay for!

Pros

I enjoy how easy the software is to use! I can use Certify with any expenses that I have including receipts from meetings, receipts from purchasing classroom supplies for students, gas receipts, and more. I can even upload receipts from my phone and transfer them to certify in a very simple process which makes my expense reporting stress free! As I mostly use the software for mileage, I enjoy that I can easily input my regular travel and have it deducted automatically while also having the option to "map it" and "round trip" my route in order to have an accurate account of my travel expenses. This software makes my overall expense reporting experience simple and easy!

Cons

At first I did not like how there were so many separate accounts for my work (timecard, notes, expense reporting etc.) However, with Certify, everything you need for expense reporting is in one place. Initially the action tabs can be a bit confusing and can maybe be modified. However, once you understand what they are for and how to use them they are very helpful. Other than that there is not much I would change about certify as it makes my experience so easy and stress free!

Yvonne

Industry: Individual & Family Services

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Ease of use in the field.

Pros

Entry is very easy with the mobile app. I use this in the field. It is so much more convenient than doing expense reports longhand and having to fax in. Data entry is very fast. Sending in for review and processing is seamless. The few times I needed directions I was able to get accurate help from customer service immediately. They are professional, knowledgeable, and supportive.

Cons

The app has minimal instructions for correcting entry errors after the expense report has been generated. Customer service redeemed this issue by being very knowledgeable and helpful. The available tutorials also only cover general field usage with no help for doing fixes. Also, photos of receipts do not always accurately fill the expense field and do need to be reviewed before saving in order to correct blank or incorrect fields.

Emmanuel

Great Software When You Implement it Correctly

When I worked for a company that already had the software up and running and had time to work out the implementation bugs, it worked great. If you can try to include yourself in any focus groups or test cases during testing, so you can make sure that your regular expenses will be able to be entered.

Pros

As far as travel and expense software go, Certify is very easy to use. The first time onscreen prompts help you figure out how to enter expenses for reimbursements. I've used other mobile expense software, and I would have to say that Certify has the friendliest interface, and it is difficult to get wrong. The menus and layout make it easy to find current submissions, past reimbursements, and to update your profile.

Cons

I have worked at a company where we switched from one T&E software to Certify, and the experience was terrible. While the interface was great, there were too many steps required in order to enter an expenses. I would also have trouble when I tried to split an expense for a single charge, and had to contact my accounting department as well as Certify Support. It was determined that certain steps were overlooked when the initial implementation of the software was done, so it took an extra 2-weeks, before I could correct my error. Unfortunately for me, this pushed me into the window where the Credit Card I used got charged the interest for that month. I was of course paid back, but it was a hassle none the less.

Industry: Medical Devices

Certify Review

- Overall, I really enjoyed my experience with Certify. The benefits of this program is that I was able to collect all my supervisor's incoming expenses and receipts and invoices with very minimal frustration and confusion due to Certify's organized program.

Pros

- how organized the interface is (ability to easily find and go to where I need to go) - classic, clean, sleek look to the website

Cons

- I remembered a few times where I had to click backwards in order to accomplish something moving forward. For example, when I was creating a expense, if I wanted to look at the overview of the expenses, I'd have to click backwards in order to view it, and then go back to the expense report that I had just created. A lot of back and forth that caused much inconvenience.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,235 reviews