• Pros

• "Simple. Easy to set up. Great customer service. Set-it-and-forget-it system for my clients."

• "The price point is great and it has all the features you need. Compared to the other options out there these guys are by far the best bang for your buck!"

• "Customer service is excellent and knowledgeable. They are prompt at answering any question you may have, never leaving you hanging for answers."

• Cons

• "It can be a bit tricky to teach new users at first because of all the features but once they get it then it is pretty straight forward"

• "Turning off a customer isn't the easiest thing, but it is minuscule."

• "Xero integration is a bit manual, although it works _great_ once it's setup."

Browse ChargeOver Reviews

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

June 2015

By far our best recurring billing option & amazing customer support

My experience with ChargeOver and their customer support team has been a very surprising in a great way. I have looked at many billing solutions over the years and none of them did exactly what I needed them to do when it comes to recurring billing. They required their own processors, or charged % of revenue which is ridiculous especially if you are generating significant revenue every month. What sold me initially was that I could use my own gateway and preferred merchant pricing I had already established. I could also do automated recurring ACH's which was was also huge. The biggest seller and the biggest of all is the integration into Quickbooks desktop which a lot of others I tried but did not integrate correctly and wasted a ton of time reverting back. Finally the price for the service was extremely reasonable as well. After we signed up there was some initial setup tasks that took about a week to work through but that was because we needed some customization that they took care of extremely fast and had us up and running. Using the desktop Quickbooks there were some minor issues here and there to start out with but over time they got addressed and the product today is much more useful. What saves us the most amount of time is the automated processing and if cards don't go through the system will generate the emails for you and send links so the client can directly process. When you have 100's of clients this saves a significant amount of time. Also this week we just switched from Quickbooks desktop to Quickbooks online. I was a little apprehensive about switching but am happy to say it only took us under 4 hours to do the switch and fix any minor sync issues. I was expecting a week or two but half a day was it. The last thing I will say is the response time for any issues and follow up of the team there has been amazing. They are very reachable and get done what you need when you need it.

Pros

1) Features 2) Price 3) Customization 4) Responsiveness of Customer Support 5) Ease of Use 6) Amazing ROI 7) Integration to QB, QBOnline and Xero

Cons

1) Initial setup takes a few days if you need customizations 2) Advanced reporting is not there yet but heard in the works 3) If using the desktop version sometimes the sync doesn't work due to QB desktop locking the records so need to be careful to close and restart QB (Could just have been our workstation too). Now that we are on QB Online there is no issue

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Super happy with ChargeOver

We have been using ChargeOver for the past 3 years and the product gets better and better every month! Keith and Ryan are an absolute delight to work with and even with their rapid growth they have kept customer service a major priority. When billing clients there are a lot of things that can go wrong so having the trust that any issues that arise will be handled promptly puts them way above their competition from my perspective. Also, their product integrates into our recurring billing for Quickbooks Online extremely well. Was a super simple transition when we went from the desktop version to online which I was very surprised about. Now it works even better.

Pros

Ease of use, price, and customer service

Jake from IQ reseller

So far this has been a great service!

Chargeover has worked great for us. We are a SAAS and using it for our AR. We are able to create both nonrecurring and recurring subscriptions and services and save them as templates. Love the services and for the money we get a lot.

Pros

Easy to use! Able to create recurring and nonrecurring billing which works great for our business model.

Cons

We found creating a connection to the API a bit more difficult than we anticipated.

Andrew from Rush Tech Support

The Software That Pays For Itself

It hadn't occurred to me how much time we were spending trying to chase down clients who had declined payments until we tried ChargeOver. The automated emails letting my customers know that their payment had failed and the ability for them to pay the bill without any interaction from myself or my team is priceless. Customer support representative went above and beyond helping us initially get set up and they haven't let me down. After 2 years of being a client I can honestly say A. It pays for itself and B. It is a lot more efficient and official looking than manual gateway receipts.

Pros

The automation and branded receipts.

Cons

Turning off a customer isn't the easiest thing, but it is minuscule.

Andrew from Rush Tech Support

Perfect Solution to Avoid Accounts Receivable

I don't have to have an employee dedicated to accounts receivable anymore. Customers can self serve and we don't have to remember to bill them individually. It is all automated

Pros

Automated email reminders and the ability for customers to change their own billing information is very helpful.

Cons

Poor mobile accessibility can be a deal breaker for most. It is very bad. I believe they are working on it and their customer support is incredible, but I spoke to them about it about 6 months ago and it's still bad.

Response from ChargeOver

Replied June 2018

Thank you Andrew!

Huge relief to FINALLY fine automatic recurring billing that works

Saves us a huge amount of time chasing clients for payment and reduces non-payment or delinquent payment.

Pros

Really easy to use and navigate between customers, screens, subscriptions, payment methods. Integration with QBO is key for us, and works pretty well, though not perfectly. Some advanced functionality - for example around sales taxes and discounts for ACH payment - are really helpful. Most of all, I like that it WORKS without bugs (I was burned by previous software), and can be used for recurring payments, recurring invoices and reminders for folks that pay manually online or by check, and supports things like discounts, pro-rated charges, and invoices that contain both an installment payment (scheduled to run for a set number of installments) and a regular recurring subscription (that goes on in perpetuity).

Cons

Integration with QBO doesn't always work perfectly - particularly for sales tax, and credits back to client accounts.

Milo

Changed our business

We offer a subscription based point of sale retail software. Having to bill our customers monthly quickly became unmanageable. Collections was especially time consuming. We were using QuickBooks Online to manage this, and as part of a major update, they removed the ability to reattempt declined charges. At this point we simply had to make a change, and looked closely at many well-known systems, such as Chargify. One of the main advantages ChargeOver was able to offer us was more control over how products are being billed. We felt that other systems we had explored was limited in that aspect. Ever since we have signed up, the team at ChargeOver has quickly addressed any requests/concerns we sent them.

Pros

Easy to use Flexible Collections management Great support Low cost

Cons

There are a couple of improvements with lead source management we have requested. But we realize that these are very specific to our model, and they are currently working on them. Any bugs we have found or improvements we recommend are handled very quickly.

Danielle

July 2015

One stop shop. An Accountants dream... it really is!

I have been an accountant for over 10 years, and in my experience ChargeOver has surpassed all other systems I've used. Sure Quickbooks allows you to do many of the same features such as reporting, and recurring charges. But ChargeOver has all the features every accountant has fantasized about. In ChargeOver you set up your own recurring bill to your clients, then they will take care of the rest! It will invoice, send and process customers credit cards automatically when an invoice is generated. It will even do the collections for you when a customer becomes delinquent. All the while communicating all your transactions with quickbooks! One stop shop. Simple, easy, amazing.

Pros

Cons

Info is only communicated from ChargeOver to Quickbooks, not the other way around. So any changes made in quickbooks will not show in ChargeOver. Sometimes I forget, and have to do any changes I make twice.

Jonathan from SimsUshare / Equipment Simulations LLC

The right solution for my small business

I had a company handle my sales for several years, then the company was acquired and I needed to take over quickly. A friend told me about ChargeOver and the flat fee based on customers, since I was a little wary of other software that charged a percentage of revenue. The migration team have all been super-responsive and helpful in getting my systems over to ChargeOver. I could not be more pleased, especially because it has a lot of great features I thought I would have to sacrifice because of the lower cost.

Pros

A lot of functionality and value for the cost; Data migration team has been wonderful; The cost is a flat fee instead of percent of revenue; integrates with many services; Interface is clean and intuitive

Cons

there are one or two things I would like to add, but have been assured that the dev team is notified and may offer fix in the future

Response from ChargeOver

Replied September 2018

Thanks Jonathan! Welcome aboard!

After 8 years with 4 different billing systems, we found a home on chargeover

We've gone through 4 different billing platforms previously, and although things got better, none were able to REALLY meet our needs - until we found chargeover. We're a specialist agency with recurring billing, and chargeover was perfect. It fit our billing model, and didn't require us to do weird things like sell "500 units at $1 each" instead of $500 like one vendor wanted. The Xero Integration is a dream come true for financial projects and reporting, and the support from Chargeover is great. We can just call and speak to someone and they'll help us. Especially in light of the hatred directed by our staff at the previous billing platform, chargeover is a dream come true. Everyone loves it. Plus the company is young (but has enough clients to be stable to make not nervous) and nimble, and they are constantly improving the software, several times at our request to accommodate a few minor tweaks we wanted. If you're an agency or you need recurring billing, you should add chargeover to your list of platforms to checkout.

Pros

Flat fee Customization on recurring services for clients Met our billing model Customer support is fantastic

Cons

Xero integration is a bit manual, although it works _great_ once it's setup.

Amanda from CampBrain

Couldn't be happier with my choice!

Integration and Time saving were my objectives as well as added functionality and I've achieved almost everything within a short period of time with everything else on the way. Super happy with my choice!

Pros

ChargeOver either does everything I want it to , or the support team work hard to quickly find a solution to whatever it is that I'm missing. I love how customizable everything is, how much of my time is saved by so many automated procedures, the customer service which is honestly outstanding, the ease of use and intuitive nature of everything, how I can have both my USD and CAD accounts combined ( but then split in reports where necessary) , the awesome dunning, the list goes on! I'm constantly raving about this product! It's made my job an absolute pleasure!

Cons

Currently the only thing I'm really missing is the ability to send out invoice due soon reminders, but I'm confident that one day soon they are going to let me know that that too is supported , as they always do with every client request sooner or later! I'm not sure this even belongs in the " What I like least" section - there isn't anything I don't like about it. It evolves to fit its customers needs. What's not to like about that?! :)

Buffy from Image Relay

As a developer I love ChargeOver

I personally reviewed at least a dozen recurring payments providers before decided on ChargeOver for our SaaS business. We've been using ChargeOver for over a year now. What ended up making ChargeOver our choice was three things: 1. Quickbooks integration. Our accountants live in QuickBooks, so our data has to end up in there. ChargeOver was the only platform we found that offered *easy* integration with Quickbooks 2. Flexibility, ChargeOver's API allowed us to handle many different kinds of payment setups, monthly, quarterly, annual, invoiced *or* credit card billing all under the same account. 3. Customer Service, the team at ChargeOver is very quick to respond to any questions, issues and feature requests. You speak to a real person when you reach out. We use ChargeOver mainly through the API. The only con, in my opinion, is sometimes is needed on their application's UI. Other members of my team have found it confusing or difficult to navigate at times. We try and automate as much as possible, so it hasn't been too much of a problem for us. I 100% recommend ChargeOver as a recurring billing solution, especially in the case where-where you require flexibility and good developer/API support.

Rhonda from SteadyServ Technologies

Great improvements

We have been with CO for some time now and are probably pretty demanding. I am super impressed with CS. I can send an email at any time and always get a quick response. We are having a few issues with sales tax, but not sure where the problem is. I believe we have asked for help. Hopefully, the integration to SF will eventually allow our team to see what is open in CO. Would also love to see credit memos that will sync with QB?? Thanks for the hard work!

Pros

Easy, support is great

Cons

no credit memos that sync to QB Online.

Response from ChargeOver

Replied January 2017

Thanks for the review and feedback! You can expect more and more functionality to be released to the existing SalesForce integration. Thanks for being an awesome customer!!!

Casey from Advanced Security Solutions

Great Software, Easy to Use

Overall, ChargeOver has helped simplify our auto-billing process. The technical support & customer service we have received is top notch. We will definitely recommend ChargeOver to anyone looking for recurring billing software.

Pros

ChargeOver is very simple and so easy to navigate. It has everything we want in an auto-billing software and the customer support is outstanding. We mentioned that it would be helpful to include an invoice due date on the pdf invoice for our customers because we have net-15 payment terms. ChargeOver made it happen with the next software update. So impressed! We also love that ChargeOver will automatically email customers when their card is expiring soon, their payment was declined, they need to update their payment information, etc. This saves so much time on our admin side and takes the stress out of remembering to do this ourselves.

Cons

There are some settings within ChargeOver where you have to contact your account administrators to activate them. For example, ChargeOver gives the option to have custom fields show up on invoices; however when I filled out the field, it didn't show up at all on our invoices. It wasn't until I contacted our representative at ChargeOver that I realized we had to request to have these custom fields activated. The positive in all of this is that ChargeOver has the ability to customize your experience with the software and your customer's experience, you just have to ask!

Jonathan from Computer Rescue 911

Great Customer Support!

The team at ChargeOver always respond to my inquiries very quickly. They are very knowledgeable and helpful and have a great product!

Pros

Ease of use; Modern look; Functionality; QuickBooks integration; Customer support

Cons

On the Dashboard, the Income by Month bar graph, I wish there was a way to see more than just this month and last month. Also, it would be great to be able to break it down by product

Response from ChargeOver

Replied January 2017

Thank you for the review! As always, reach out when we can help!

Paul from Square 205

Does exactly what I need

ChargeOver's best quality is their customer service and willingness to answer questions even when the answer is staring right out at you in their well organized help and support documentation. We use the software to auto bill our customers and to process one time credit card payments. All automation works wonderfully and once you have everything setup how you desire, there's very little to worry about aside from adding new accounts. Really, our only complaint comes from the fact that we are a UX/UI design agency. We feel the user interface could be a little easier to use and more modern. Aside from that though, there's not too much to complain about.

Pros

Support, reliability

Cons

Ease of use, customization

April 2016

Saves us TONS of time and money

Pros

This product helps my accountant save so much time with not only emailing bills, but the automatically chasing down the client through reminder emails and letting the client process the credit card or ACH. One of the top things I have found is the responsiveness of Keith and his support staff. They are extremely attentive which is very rare with growing Saas companies.

Cons

Occasionally the custom reports they have made for us break with upgrades however once reported they are fixed quickly. I am just happy they have helped us create custom reports for our needs though!

Josh from Heartland Telecommunications

Amazing Customer Support

We first decided to use ChargeOver because it fit our billing system. We've stuck with them for two reasons. Reason one: Their customer support is top notch. Whether by email, or phone call, I get a swift response, and typically a swift resolution. Reason two: ChargeOver works. We were looking for a payment and invoice system, as well as Customer Management. ChargeOver fit us, and we're very happy.

Pros

Customer Management

Cons

We're looking for Office 365 integration to better manage our customers.

Clinton from Rain

Pretty Good Billing Service

I would recommend this program based on my experience so far with Chargeover

Pros

You can create custom reports and have them send it to you on a regular basis

Cons

Sometimes the information saved does not always translate to the software so mistakes have been made

Chris from Chris Bagg Coaching Group

Very simple, very effective subscription management system

I love using ChargeOver. It is simple, integrates with QuickBooks nicely, and provides my customers with a straightforward one-stop payment system. Customer support is resolved quickly and effectively, and I spend much less time each month chasing invoices. I try to tell other small business owners about ChargeOver as much as possible, and they've vastly simplified my bookkeeping/payment processing.

Pros

Cons

ACH payments took a little while to get working properly.

Response from ChargeOver

Replied November 2016

Thanks for the awesome review Chris! We look forward to continuing to deliver great service to you!

Jeff from Great Dental Websites

We struggled with recurring billing until we found chargeover

We went through 4 recurring billing services until eventually stumbling upon chargeover. It does the job and support is great, keep up the great work guys!

Pros

Does the core functionality really well

Cons

Reporting still needs to be manual, the API could be improved but the beta data-warehouse feature we're testing looks like it will solve all those problems

Brady from Rain Retail Software

Brady's ChargeOver Review

I've been using ChargeOver for about 9 month's. It has been the easiest to use that I have found. It is much easier to search for specific customers to see where they are at with their payments. I love the payment summary page which outlines the total opportunity. The recent History is awesome which tracks everything you have viewed recently. You can easily lookup invoices & Payments from the Home screen. Overall, my experience using ChargeOver has been awesome and I would recommend it to everyone looking for subscription and recurring billing.

Pros

Recurring billing and ease of use. Very intuitive. Recent History.

Cons

Search struggles at times pulling up the right customers by keyword. Not all the time but sometimes.

Response from ChargeOver

Replied January 2017

Thanks for the review Brady! We have some new new search updates coming down the pipeline.

Tish from AdvancePro Technologies

Simple to use

Chargeover is very simple and easy to use. Without any experience, I was able to start using CO right away. Their support team is also very responsive. Questions are answered quickly. Highly recommended.

Michael from EMYth

Chargeover turned daily work from hours into minutes

Chargeover has been so simple to use compared to other recurring billing systems we have used in the past. In addition their support is awesome and they are continually updating and improving.

Pros

Connection to QuickBooks Online

Cons

The Salesforce sync. Which I hear is just about ready to go both ways.

Response from ChargeOver

Replied January 2017

Thanks for the review Michael! More Salesforce goodness on the way!

Serge from Serge Protector

Feature rich platform

Chargeover is modern platform that allows me to send automated billing and makes my business very efficient.

Pros

Automated billing

Cons

Support only during business hours

Omar from BusySeed

The perfect solution

The reasons why they are great: very responsive, tons of features and very affordable. We run a small business but use a lot of processors to make life easy for our clients. ChargeOver integrates everything so seamlessly.

Response from ChargeOver

Replied January 2017

Thanks for the awesome review! We're always trying to up our game, let us know how we can make our service even better!

June 2015

Our search for a recurring billing platform has concluded!

Melissa from Jettison Agency

Good Service!

I've really enjoyed the service of Chargeover. The layout is clean and user-friendly and I love how easy it is to pick up.

Pros

Missed payments notifications, ease of invoices, responsiveness of support questions

Jordan from Repair Dispatch

Great Product, Great Value

Pros

Cons

The only things I would improve is the UI a little but that's just me.

Response from ChargeOver

Replied August 2018

Thank you for the review and feedback Jordan!

Kevin from 1Eighty Design

Great Product and Amazing Customer Service

We've loved every minute of our experience with ChargeOver. There were countless hours spent invoicing in the past, now it's just done automatically! I cannot talk highly enough on how great the support team is to work with.

Pros

It is very affordable and saves so much time. I wanted it to work with Quickbooks Online and it has been seamless.

Cons

The only thing I could possibly say bad about ChargeOver is the user interface could use an appearance update.

One of the best for its functions

Pros

It is remarkable that it is an excellent software, it has a very useful interface for the user and its administration is not so complicated, its price is very accessible and it can be customized to adapt to the organization, leaving aside these details, it was very useful and eligible for its integration with Xero, which I support a lot in the administration department.

Cons

Until now there has been no problem that prevents the use of this software, however, only a suggestion that generates a negative comment, it is the portability of customers and invoices that in some cases is not easy or comfortable, but it is not bad to die, in general terms this software can continue to grow in the market.

Prabha from The DVCC Ltd

Overall experience with Chargeover has been an excellent so far

Pros

The software is extremely simple to use. It has very user friendly screens. It was very easy to set up and integrate with our existing systems. Their customer service is brilliant

Cons

There is nothing specifically a con that we have at the moment. Our systems have smoothly integrated and are working fine

Response from ChargeOver

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to have you aboard!

Max from ChapterSpot

June 2015

Allowed us to automate charging of annual subscriptions.

ChargeOver allowed our business to automate multiple manual billing processes and enabled us to bill and automatically charge our customers for App subscriptions on a recurring annual/monthly basis.

Pros

-Compatible with a wide selection of payment gateways. -Well documented API. -Simple and intuitive interface. -Fast and friendly customer support. -The team builds custom reports depending on your needs.

Cons

-Not much flexibility to modify invoices

April 2016

Finally a recurring billing platform with the functionality we need.

Pros

Feature set is excellent. Pricing is fair and clear. Support is there when we need it

Cons

not many complaints API documentation could be a bit better, but support fills in the gaps

Tony from Cloudbeds

Some limitations

First I'd like to say your support is top notch, from my experience. However, the functionality seems a bit lackluster in the following areas: 1. Invoice options. Can only send an email when an invoice has been generated/payment failed. No options for the invoice is overdue by x number of days, etc. 2. Dunning. Very limited - only 3 options (retry failed payments, auto email for card expiry).

Pros

Support, easy to setup

Cons

Lack of features/options

Nia from Caribbean Commerce Ltd

It's very easy to use Chargeover. I love the platform

I'm fairly new to the Chargeover platform but it is very easy to use and I love the platform. Chargeover allows for easy navigation.

Pros

I love how easy it is to view, update and navigate through customer invoices.

Cons

I do not encounter much problems with the software.

Clinton from Rain Retail

Awesome! This is a game changer

Really easy to use. I can tell that the people at charge over put in a decent amount of effort to bring this system up!

Great tool with great customer support!

Pros

The team at ChargeOver offer great customer support, and the platform is easy to use and customize at a pretty good price.

Cons

Set up takes a bit of time but this was only a one time headache

Mario from Castellon Professional Services

Effortless Billing

Billing time and AR turnover.

Pros

Ease of use, reduction of billing time and faster AR turnover.

Cons

Encountered some user errors that required resolution with help of Customer Service.

Jared from Huge Ad TV

Great tool for invoicing

I've searched all kinds of tools for invoicing our clients, and needed two specific features that weren't easy to find. 1) I needed a tool that allowed us to create a detailed invoice that was on a recurring billing schedule 2) It needed to sync with our credit card processor BluePay and also sync with QuickBooks online. I found these two features in Charge over and it has made our business run much smoother.

Response from ChargeOver

Replied December 2016

Thanks for the great review Jared! We're happy to have you as a customer!

Ryan from Exosite

Makes My Job a Lot Easier!

ChargeOver allows our company to bill SaaS customers to do work hassle free! Their support team responds quickly and is very helpful. At our request, several features have been added to improve the integration with QuickBooks Online. ChargeOver makes the invoicing process basically automated, although I still do a quick monthly audit before sending out. It also improves the accuracy of the transactions, because I don't have to enter each of the invoices manually.

Angela from Integrity Data

Chargeover has made our renewal process so much easier!

We are using Chargeover for our yearly product renewals. The software has taken a 5 step process and turned it into a one time process that frees up an amazing amount of my time. We have been with the company for one year and I like the fact that they are growing the software and adding additional features on a regular basis. They also listen to their customers to determine how to better their already easy to use software. Very happy with this decision.

Shields from LocalsGuide LLC.

Flexible and Scalable Recurring Billing Solution

Before we switched over to charge over we tested 4 other recurring billing systems. Each one offered great promise but inevitably we always ran into a limitation which would not be a good long-term fit for our business. ChargeOver is easy to use, well thought-out and scalable. The team is responsive. We are very pleased that we made the switch to ChargeOver.

Tyler from Rain Retail Software

Great software to manage recurring billing

Pros

We use this software at our SASS company to charge the one time setup fee but also set up recurring billing for all of our customers. When we do run into issues, the support staff is great at reaching out and resolving our issues. Great software for the price.

Highly recommend!

Billing our customers for our service every month was the dreaded task that we had to do the first day of each month- never ending but super critical to our business. The process took days, we had to gather information from multiple sources and run credit card payments on another site then record the successful transactions in QuickBooks. The failed credit card payments we were left to track down on our own. It was NOT fun. That all changed with ChargeOver. We now have a central location to manage all subscriptions, payments, and email communications. Our team got back days of their time which is now spent doing awesome things for our customers. We’re happy! I recommend this app for businesses doing subscriptions or recurring invoices and payments.

Pros

Simple. Great U/X. Great customer service.

Cons

I have no issues with ChargeOver.

Response from ChargeOver

Replied December 2016

Thanks for the great review!

Sarah from SalesFuel

Industry: Online Media

ChargeOver

My company was looking for a tool that had the ability to automatically charge our customers, but also be able to automatically adjust the invoices based on member count status. This product would need to be able to integrate with our accounting software to process payment and our company website to track users. Then we found ChargeOver, which does that and MORE! We did a lot of product research, and no other software can even come close to offering what ChargeOver does at such a low price.

Pros

The customer service is truly unparalleled. Also, ChargeOver's API can be used for integration with what seems to be any product under the sun. Lastly, the cost is incredibly reasonable.

Cons

I have nothing negative to report about this software.

Response from ChargeOver

Replied June 2019

Thank you Sarah! We're happy to have you and the SalesFuel team on board!

markysa from Caribapp

This is it

We've tried about 4 different invoice systems before this one, and with Chargeover we have a winner. It's simple to use, effective and the reminders for overdue invoices are excellent in assisting our Accounts Receivables department.

Vladimir

Travis from Newport security

Straight forward easy to use product

I was happy to find a product that was straight forward and easy to use. The software we replaced was old and clunky with no updates in future. Highly recommend you give it a try.

Ty from Rain

Pretty Good

There were a few things I wished I could do (like charge multiple invoices) that recent updates have fixed and I know the few remaining suggestions I have will be remedied soon.