All ClickTime Reviews

Jen Mazgajewski

11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2021

Intuitive product with great support!

Shelley

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Satisfied Longtime ClickTime User

As a longtime user of ClickTime and one of our agency's Administrators. I absolutely love ClickTime. The Customer Support staff has always been responsive and supportive of our needs. Years ago they worked with Sequel for the Admins to pull a special report landing in the most amazing, versatile pivot table that we still use today. This allows the super admins to summarize information and change parameters on the fly in ways that supersedes any of the Reports available too Managers. Recently, as we investigated and explored adopting the Project Insights tool, our rep was supportive, informative and patient in the process. We are looking forward to using that tool and seeing it develop to better serve our agency.

PROS

• The amount of information that this application collects while being very simple for users to fill out. • The variety of reports that managers can choose from viewing the data collected by task, person, project, etc. • Exporting these reports and also lists of project or users etc. into varying formats, .html, PDF, Excel... • The ease that the Advanced Tools allows Admins to alter past data that needs correction for a number of reasons, such as wrong task, wrong hours, wrong project, etc. were entered.

CONS

• Building custom reports can be a bit challenging • The ease and speed with which managers can choose the best existing report for their use. Seeing previews could be more clear and faster. • There is not an easy-to-use build-in way to monitor jobs by a project to project basis from budget to actual. We are currently adopting the Project Insights Tool that covers many of our needs but doesn't provide some features that we need to make it completely useful

Adam

Reviewed December 2019

Time-saver and cost effective for our non-profit

Our experience has been excellent. Anthony, my customer service contact, has been amazing. Super responsive, available to help, but does not overwhelm me with questions or check ins. I appreciate that.

PROS

ClickTime was pretty easy to set-up and implement. Moving from an excel timesheet to online process makes the administrative aspects of time records management so much easier. We are currently working to implement the expense portion of the product.

CONS

There are some formatting options I wish were available for the site admin, however customer service has made any changes a painless process. They respond quickly and thoroughly. I wish the product allowed for a separate time-in and time-out function not assigned to a funding source or program. Additionally, the option to record general daily notes as a separate section instead of by funder would make the product perfect. We had to create some work arounds for it to work exactly as we need it. We are still working with our staff to determine the best and most accurate way to use the product for our setup. It would be helpful for the expense section to allow for a digital signature. I realize that there is user based permissions and audit trail, but some of our funder still require a signature.

Reason for choosing ClickTime

It just seemed to be the best product to do what we needed. Easy to use and implement for everyone and the right price. The ability to add additional administrative management pieces is helpful.

Jessica

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2020

No one likes doing their timecards...

I use Clicktime to track budgets and resource for my team of 8 people. Half of them forget to do their timcards and the other half do them incorrectly. It's always the lowest priority and often times takes hours to do if you are behind on them. My advice, find a way to design the platform so it takes less than 20seconds to get into the correct timeline and add at least 1 job.

PROS

The reports are easy to pull. There is a lot of variety for the type of report you can pull. My company only uses a handful of different reports so my suggestion would be to allow a company to choose specific reports they can use and hide the ones they never use (or use that as an upsell opp).

CONS

For people who only need to input their hours, make it easier to login and add their time daily. How can you bring down the amount of time it takes for a user to input their hours? The design of the site is v 90's. Update the user experience through design and layout. Allow for one click to get you to your timecard. Update how you revise a timecard once it's been rejected. This workflow has never been easy to understand how to do that. Update the search function in the timecard so it's more intuitive. (i.e. if we write "P&G" it won't register "P & G" due to the spaces.)

Hi Jessica, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. W are glad to hear that you are enjoying the reporting function and are happy to share that the "favorite reports" may be able to help you shave off some time. We do understand the importance of being able to quickly get time entered into the system and have created quite a few shortcuts in able to speed up the process. It sounds like your team may benefit from some additional training? We have a team of staff that will be more than happy to share some best practices to help ease the burden. I will reach out to you directly so we can discuss these options further. Thank you again for your feedback and have a great day! Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Replied August 2020

Dan

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Exactly what we need

PROS

ClickTime is reliable, simple, and does everything we need without extraneous features getting in our way.

CONS

There are some nits in the time entry form if I’m searching for things to complain about, but overall I have no major complaints.

Reason for choosing ClickTime

The aggregation of hours across employees for billing made ClickTime an easy choice.

Hi Dan, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. I'm so glad to hear that you are finding value in our product! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

Cathy

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2020

ClickTime saves time & money

Clicktime had me up and running within a week and everyone likes using it. Clicktime is a win win.

PROS

Clicktime is feature rich and made to fit Nonprofits with Fund Source, Program and task that facilitates reporting structures that align with accounting standards and software. Other products force work-arounds to handle Fund Sources, Programs - like jobs and orders. Clicktime is made for Nonprofits. This is a huge plus. Clicktime isn't just for payroll, it also provides robust expense reporting. Staff found both payroll and expense entry easy. Management is more effective now because of the approval routing features and reporting that helps them get accurate level of effort time reports to complete grant reimbursement and performance reports.

CONS

Clicktime lacks an interface to feed into payroll and/or accounting software. Users can't customize their pages with pictures or backgrounds.

Reason for choosing ClickTime

Clicktime is made for Nonprofits, it was easy to setup because it fits the nonprofit reporting structure, the price is right and it has expense reports too.

Sara

Public Relations and Communications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Review of Clicktime as of Today

Hopefully this will help streamline our timekeeping. The ability to have multiple layers of approval is fantastic and I am very excited to see if it works correctly.

PROS

This software seems really simple and easy to use. There is no duplication and the support team is very helpful.

CONS

I don't have any cons of this product yet. If anything, I'm just upset we didn't find it sooner.

Reason for choosing ClickTime

We enjoyed the presentation from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and my boss and I agreed we liked the system's simplicity.

Sara, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime! I am glad that we were able to help you get what you needed, and look forward to hearing your feedback about how it goes. Many Thanks, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Replied January 2020

Shannon

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

ClickTime Applicability for a Small Nonprofit

Overall, our experience with ClickTime has been exceptional. As we were looking to upgrade our account, the support team was extremely helpful in providing in depth information regarding the various features available, allowed for a 30 day free trail, and walked us through the various functions of the upgrade through an interactive webinar. ClickTime is not only cost effective, it is user friendly, has a wide array of features and upgrades and the customer service is professional and easily accessible.

PROS

ClickTime provides a very practical and streamlined approach for managing staff and various program budgets. The Reports feature in particular is extremely helpful in tracking and reporting on grants. We can easily run reports for costs associated with an entire grant project, or break this down into specific jobs and even projects both in terms of staff time as well as associated expenses. There are so many different options for running reports, depending on the objective and the system is very easy to navigate. Our organization recently upgraded and added the Insights feature to our ClickTime account. This feature provides more in depth budget tracking and a quick way to look at all grants from one screen in real time. Not only does this provide more in depth analysis of specific budgets (over the life of a grant), it saves time by allowing management to do quick financial check ins, in between more in depth reporting.

CONS

In relation to the Insights feature, the budget summaries and analysis do not include any associated expenses so a separate report has to be completed to get the full budget picture. While this adds another step, it is not a huge deal in relation to the functionality of ClickTime as a whole, rather it is just a small opportunity for ClickTime to hone in even more on this feature.

Hi Shannon, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. I am glad that your experience has been exceptional and I will absolutely share your feedback about our Support Team. Regarding your request about expenses and our Project Insights module. We have logged your feature request and I have shared this personally with the product team. We thank you for your detailed feedback as it helps us improve the overall experience of ClickTime for all users. Many Thanks, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Replied July 2020

Dana

Civil Engineering, 2-10 employees

User and Administrator friendly

PROS

We have been using Clicktime at our small engineering firm for over 10 years. Several of our employees are out on projects, they love the ease of using the phone app to log time and enter/upload receipts. As an administrator I find the program to be very straight forward and user friendly. Every time I call in to get help or ask a question they are professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. If you are looking for a great, user friendly software to help track time and expense and give you the data you need to track projects and send invoices I highly recommend Clicktime!

CONS

We are looking forward to more updates and progress on the phone app. Occasionally we have a conflict with our computer settings and clicktime.

Hi Dana, Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of ClickTime. I have reached out to you directly because I have some great news. We have a new mobile application and I would like to invite you and your team to participate in the public beta. We are glad to hear that we have provided you with such a positive experience and look forward to continuing that trend in the future. Many Thank, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Reviewed July 2017

Tracks time

Does the specific task of tracking time very well. If you are looking to do just that, this is definitely worth looking into. it's easy and straightforward to use.

PROS

Perfect for time tracking, has good dashboard. Different ways to enter time, manually, via stopwatch, import. The different view and reports are great and ease of exporting time to other programs. They have a good help desk and slightly modifying to suit. We wanted projects to be sorted by project number rather than by project name, which they modified instantly.

CONS

It just tracks time. Has some slight extensions such as estimation and budgetting, but is limited beyond tracking time. We are currently going away from the app as we're looking at a more integrated resource management tool. Mobile app is a bit clunky, but none of our staff needed to use this anyway.

Reviewed November 2019

Project Time Management Tool

With Click Time we are able to manage the time spent on projects and subsequently generate management indicators that assist in invoicing and productivity verification.

PROS

Simple tool with very suggestive options in what it proposes to do: manage the time spent working on projects. Its simplicity in timekeeping is spectacular and the visualization of KPI is spectacular.

CONS

For the tool to be complete, I believe that a simple document manager is missing, such as the possibility of attaching the contract/proposal in the project register.

Dear User, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime! I would love the opportunity to log the feature request that you had mentioned about a document manager as well as to get you a little "thank you" for your support. Please reach out to me directly as I am glad to help! Brea Phillips bphillips@clicktime.com ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

B

Reviewed November 2016

Simple to use with lots of functionality

I set our organization up with Clicktime 3 or 4 years ago and it's worked beautifully for us ever since. It was easy to set up, which allowed us to start to use it immediately - and it was customizable in the areas that we needed it to be flexible. I can run just about any report I might need and export them in either PDF or Excel (Excel was a must for us). I was having trouble finding a simple timekeeping system that would fit our small non-profit budget and number of staff and it boiled down to Clicktime and one other system. We opted for Clicktime because it was particularly easy to use and would appeal to the less technically-inclined among our staff. We've been pleasantly surprised at the amount of muscle behind such a simple user interface. The only potential drawback I could see is that their model of paying per employee/month could become quite expensive very quickly in instances where an organization hires many contractors or employs more staff as they grow. But overall, this has been a great system for us.

PROS

Simple user interface, lots of reports to choose from (and ability to export them in PDF or Excel), all the functionality we needed, easy to customize and get started!

CONS

The price per employee/mo model can easily bump this software from affordable to unaffordable in instances where we had to hire a bunch of contractors for a project. Since overhead isn't often recovered with non-profits, it forced us to have contractors track their time outside of the Clicktime system.

Jeffrey

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

20+ year user!

Love it. See above.

PROS

I love the reports that i can pull from the data. I have used Clicktime for over 20 years. I now have a firm of 4 people. We use it for all billing to customers. Incredibly easy to use and very, very customizable to fit my interior design and architecture firm's process. It provides me amazing insight into how we're billing time and informing new project quotes. LOVE it.

CONS

I really, really miss the desktop app version. (supported by Silverlight?) I used to keep the small app window open on my desktop screen and bill time as the day moved forward. Now, the web app is dependent upon having an web site open at all times. We use the web for product and project-related searches all day long. This forces us to dedicate a different browser just for Clicktime. Otherwise we are continually searching for the Clicktime screen. I dedicate the crappy Microsoft EDGE browser just to Clicktime and keep that open all day so i can easily bill time to various projects.

Hi Jeff, Thank yous o much for your review of ClickTIme! We are so glad to hear that ClickTime is such a success for your firm. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTIme | Customer Success Manager

STEFANI

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Want to save yourself time?

PROS

As the owner of a small company, keeping track of employees time off and time worked became a headache. Clicktime has been a HUGE help. It's easy to use, employees love the stopwatch feature. They also love being able to see their available time off without having to contact a manager.

CONS

It'd be nice if Clicktime offered a link to walk through using it that I could send to new hires. Maybe just a simple highlights demo.

Reason for choosing ClickTime

Clicktime was fortunately recommended to me from another small business owner. I realized quickly that Clicktime offered the ease of use and functionality that I was looking for!

Hi Stefani, Thanks for your review of ClickTime. We're excited to hear that ClickTime has facilitated visibility across your team and enabled you to better track both time off and time worked. We also really appreciate your feedback about sharing a demonstration of how to use ClickTime when new hires come on-board. We have several walk through videos available for you to distribute among your new hires that can be found at: https://support.clicktime.com/hc/en-us/categories/201727026-New-To-ClickTime Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. All the best, Ethan ClickTime

Monica

Renewables & Environment, 2-10 employees

Solid Option for Small Organization

PROS

Clicktime offered our non-profit of about 50 employees all of the functionalities we needed to both manage programs, track hours for payroll, as well as managed reimbursable business expenses. Navigation on the platform was intuitive. We used their reporting function often, most notably for our monthly reporting to clients. Customer support was always accessible -- always reached someone on the first call. Clicktime is a no-frills application that covers all the bases at an all-too-affordable price.

CONS

I only recall two items that I found less than ideal that, in the end, didn't impede the completion of my tasks. One was the PTO tracker, which only allowed us to accrue on a monthly basis. We have a biweekly payroll schedule, so it would have put me more at ease if I could have synced the accrual in Clicktime to occur exactly as it did on our payroll platform. The second oddity was some issue I had with the XML linking to Excel. It turned out that I need to use a legacy version of the XML data import function in Excel, but it took a couple of calls with multiple support people before this solution was pointed out (though in all fairness, they had outlined this in one of their help pages, but I had missed it).

Hi Monica, Thank you for your review of ClickTime. I am glad to hear that the support staff were able to help you with the few opportunities you did experience. We are always here for you if anything else comes up. Best, Brea Philips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Michelle

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Great product

Great

PROS

Customization of timekeeping. Mobile app. Ease of reviewing and approving timesheets.

CONS

It would be helpful if we could have a more complex leave time capture. We allow staff to borrow from future accrual. We have no way to enter in expected future accrual and allow staff to borrow from that. It ends up that most of our staff have negative leave balances. Because we cant capture this accurately, we dont rely on clicktime for leave balances. If we had this feature and the ability to approve leave time in clicktime, it would be a game changer for us.

Reason for choosing ClickTime

Because it met our needs for customizing time keeping and running reports

Hi Michelle, Thank you for your review of ClickTime. I have reached out to your Customer Success Manager Ethan Good to follow up with you regarding your needs in the Time-Off Module. We would like the opportunity to learn more about your needs and can hopefully come up with a solution to help. Many Thanks, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Replied January 2020

Amy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Non-profit ease of use

Clicktime has helped track time between all of our various programs. This has kept us more in compliance with our funders.

PROS

The app and the ability for our employees to use it remotely has been helpful. The ease of use for employees to track time between many programs throughout the day.

CONS

Clicktime has not been able to be integrated with our other processes. We are grant funded so importing into government programs hasn't been possible. We would like to see expense sheets directly link to the time sheets so for example, when billing travel you can also bill mileage. Reports with expense sheets needs to be expanded.

Hi Amy, Thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear that ClickTime's mobile app has been a big help for your team. We also really appreciate and understand your need to link expenses and timesheet data in the same report. We've share your feedback with our Product team and will work together to make sure you have the best possible experience. Best, Ethan

Simon

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Great, full function program with good support

Streamlines our hours which is a good chunk of our business

PROS

Lots of features set up for billing and multiple cost codes. Ease of use from field to office and accounting. Good reporting capabilities, approval system etc. They do have paid upgrades based on your specific needs

CONS

They need some help in the graphic design department as the app doesn't look very sexy. Also need to streamline some approvals and reduce the number of user actions required to get to the end goal. Lastly, could introduce cost-code specific estimate/forecasting. Currently only available as project-wide budget.

Simon, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. I am thrilled to hear that ClickTime has helped streamline your business! We've also taken note of your suggestions and will review them for possible improvements within the app. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

Natalie