All ClickTime Reviews

Jen Mazgajewski

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2021

Intuitive product with great support!

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Great for Time and Expense Tracking

We've been using ClickTime for over a decade and I wouldn't want to track time to different projects from different staff or consultants any other way.

PROS

Users can enter time and expenses from the ClickTime App or website from anywhere they're working (or vacationing). Automatic prompts if time entry deadlines are missed and seamless integration with Quickbooks Pro to allow for Client Invoicing and Payroll processing.

CONS

Some features are not need for all employees (expense tracking for instance), but it's an all-or-nothing subscription.

Hi Paul, Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of ClickTime. We are thrilled to hear that is has been so successful for you and your team! Have a fantastic day! Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Adam

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Time-saver and cost effective for our non-profit

Our experience has been excellent. Anthony, my customer service contact, has been amazing. Super responsive, available to help, but does not overwhelm me with questions or check ins. I appreciate that.

PROS

ClickTime was pretty easy to set-up and implement. Moving from an excel timesheet to online process makes the administrative aspects of time records management so much easier. We are currently working to implement the expense portion of the product.

CONS

There are some formatting options I wish were available for the site admin, however customer service has made any changes a painless process. They respond quickly and thoroughly. I wish the product allowed for a separate time-in and time-out function not assigned to a funding source or program. Additionally, the option to record general daily notes as a separate section instead of by funder would make the product perfect. We had to create some work arounds for it to work exactly as we need it. We are still working with our staff to determine the best and most accurate way to use the product for our setup. It would be helpful for the expense section to allow for a digital signature. I realize that there is user based permissions and audit trail, but some of our funder still require a signature.

Reason for choosing ClickTime

It just seemed to be the best product to do what we needed. Easy to use and implement for everyone and the right price. The ability to add additional administrative management pieces is helpful.

Jessica

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2020

No one likes doing their timecards...

I use Clicktime to track budgets and resource for my team of 8 people. Half of them forget to do their timcards and the other half do them incorrectly. It's always the lowest priority and often times takes hours to do if you are behind on them. My advice, find a way to design the platform so it takes less than 20seconds to get into the correct timeline and add at least 1 job.

PROS

The reports are easy to pull. There is a lot of variety for the type of report you can pull. My company only uses a handful of different reports so my suggestion would be to allow a company to choose specific reports they can use and hide the ones they never use (or use that as an upsell opp).

CONS

For people who only need to input their hours, make it easier to login and add their time daily. How can you bring down the amount of time it takes for a user to input their hours? The design of the site is v 90's. Update the user experience through design and layout. Allow for one click to get you to your timecard. Update how you revise a timecard once it's been rejected. This workflow has never been easy to understand how to do that. Update the search function in the timecard so it's more intuitive. (i.e. if we write "P&G" it won't register "P & G" due to the spaces.)

Hi Jessica, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. W are glad to hear that you are enjoying the reporting function and are happy to share that the "favorite reports" may be able to help you shave off some time. We do understand the importance of being able to quickly get time entered into the system and have created quite a few shortcuts in able to speed up the process. It sounds like your team may benefit from some additional training? We have a team of staff that will be more than happy to share some best practices to help ease the burden. I will reach out to you directly so we can discuss these options further. Thank you again for your feedback and have a great day! Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Replied August 2020

Cathy

Accounting, 1 employee

ClickTime saves time & money

Clicktime had me up and running within a week and everyone likes using it. Clicktime is a win win.

PROS

Clicktime is feature rich and made to fit Nonprofits with Fund Source, Program and task that facilitates reporting structures that align with accounting standards and software. Other products force work-arounds to handle Fund Sources, Programs - like jobs and orders. Clicktime is made for Nonprofits. This is a huge plus. Clicktime isn't just for payroll, it also provides robust expense reporting. Staff found both payroll and expense entry easy. Management is more effective now because of the approval routing features and reporting that helps them get accurate level of effort time reports to complete grant reimbursement and performance reports.

CONS

Clicktime lacks an interface to feed into payroll and/or accounting software. Users can't customize their pages with pictures or backgrounds.

Reason for choosing ClickTime

Clicktime is made for Nonprofits, it was easy to setup because it fits the nonprofit reporting structure, the price is right and it has expense reports too.

Sara

Public Relations and Communications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Review of Clicktime as of Today

Hopefully this will help streamline our timekeeping. The ability to have multiple layers of approval is fantastic and I am very excited to see if it works correctly.

PROS

This software seems really simple and easy to use. There is no duplication and the support team is very helpful.

CONS

I don't have any cons of this product yet. If anything, I'm just upset we didn't find it sooner.

Reason for choosing ClickTime

We enjoyed the presentation from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and my boss and I agreed we liked the system's simplicity.

Sara, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime! I am glad that we were able to help you get what you needed, and look forward to hearing your feedback about how it goes. Many Thanks, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Replied January 2020

Shannon

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

ClickTime Applicability for a Small Nonprofit

Overall, our experience with ClickTime has been exceptional. As we were looking to upgrade our account, the support team was extremely helpful in providing in depth information regarding the various features available, allowed for a 30 day free trail, and walked us through the various functions of the upgrade through an interactive webinar. ClickTime is not only cost effective, it is user friendly, has a wide array of features and upgrades and the customer service is professional and easily accessible.

PROS

ClickTime provides a very practical and streamlined approach for managing staff and various program budgets. The Reports feature in particular is extremely helpful in tracking and reporting on grants. We can easily run reports for costs associated with an entire grant project, or break this down into specific jobs and even projects both in terms of staff time as well as associated expenses. There are so many different options for running reports, depending on the objective and the system is very easy to navigate. Our organization recently upgraded and added the Insights feature to our ClickTime account. This feature provides more in depth budget tracking and a quick way to look at all grants from one screen in real time. Not only does this provide more in depth analysis of specific budgets (over the life of a grant), it saves time by allowing management to do quick financial check ins, in between more in depth reporting.

CONS

In relation to the Insights feature, the budget summaries and analysis do not include any associated expenses so a separate report has to be completed to get the full budget picture. While this adds another step, it is not a huge deal in relation to the functionality of ClickTime as a whole, rather it is just a small opportunity for ClickTime to hone in even more on this feature.

Hi Shannon, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime. I am glad that your experience has been exceptional and I will absolutely share your feedback about our Support Team. Regarding your request about expenses and our Project Insights module. We have logged your feature request and I have shared this personally with the product team. We thank you for your detailed feedback as it helps us improve the overall experience of ClickTime for all users. Many Thanks, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Replied July 2020

Dana

Civil Engineering, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

User and Administrator friendly

PROS

We have been using Clicktime at our small engineering firm for over 10 years. Several of our employees are out on projects, they love the ease of using the phone app to log time and enter/upload receipts. As an administrator I find the program to be very straight forward and user friendly. Every time I call in to get help or ask a question they are professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. If you are looking for a great, user friendly software to help track time and expense and give you the data you need to track projects and send invoices I highly recommend Clicktime!

CONS

We are looking forward to more updates and progress on the phone app. Occasionally we have a conflict with our computer settings and clicktime.

Hi Dana, Thank you so very much for the wonderful review of ClickTime. I have reached out to you directly because I have some great news. We have a new mobile application and I would like to invite you and your team to participate in the public beta. We are glad to hear that we have provided you with such a positive experience and look forward to continuing that trend in the future. Many Thank, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Robbin

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Makes payroll a breeze

Almost 11 years using ClickTime, I don't ever see us using anything else. We've told many other organizations like ours about ClickTime and each one that has tried it has purchased the software. It just makes good sense in creating accurate timesheets.

PROS

ClickTime in a non-profit world has decreased the amount of time in processing payroll. Everything is right the first time once the employee submits their timesheet. The reports needed for our grantors can be run in just a couple of clicks. No more pulling timesheets from folders. The electronic signatures meet the requirements that our state and federal funders require which means less printing and filing. ClickTime is versatile in the ability to add multiple funding sources. Being able to inactivate old funders and creating new funders is easy. Our agency has used ClickTime since 2009 and wouldn't think of using anything else. The creators of ClickTime seem to improve the software each year with even better reports and ease of use for everyone.

CONS

Due to the fact that our pay week ends at 5 p.m. on a Friday instead of midnight, we are unable to get grant percentages on time spend on each funder accurately. Clicktime is not set up to end a pay week like that.

Reason for choosing ClickTime

This was the first product we tried out and we just loved it.

Hi Robbin, Thank you so very much for your review! Great news! I have an appointment set with Rhonda next week to talk about the cutoff time and to see how I can help! I look forward to working with your team. Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Reviewed July 2017

Tracks time

Does the specific task of tracking time very well. If you are looking to do just that, this is definitely worth looking into. it's easy and straightforward to use.

PROS

Perfect for time tracking, has good dashboard. Different ways to enter time, manually, via stopwatch, import. The different view and reports are great and ease of exporting time to other programs. They have a good help desk and slightly modifying to suit. We wanted projects to be sorted by project number rather than by project name, which they modified instantly.

CONS

It just tracks time. Has some slight extensions such as estimation and budgetting, but is limited beyond tracking time. We are currently going away from the app as we're looking at a more integrated resource management tool. Mobile app is a bit clunky, but none of our staff needed to use this anyway.

Reviewed November 2019

Project Time Management Tool

With Click Time we are able to manage the time spent on projects and subsequently generate management indicators that assist in invoicing and productivity verification.

PROS

Simple tool with very suggestive options in what it proposes to do: manage the time spent working on projects. Its simplicity in timekeeping is spectacular and the visualization of KPI is spectacular.

CONS

For the tool to be complete, I believe that a simple document manager is missing, such as the possibility of attaching the contract/proposal in the project register.

Dear User, Thank you so very much for your review of ClickTime! I would love the opportunity to log the feature request that you had mentioned about a document manager as well as to get you a little "thank you" for your support. Please reach out to me directly as I am glad to help! Brea Phillips bphillips@clicktime.com ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Wendy

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Clicktime for multiple clients

I have tried other time keeping systems and this is more versatile and meets most of our needs. The customer support is great and they were really helpful during our set up, they answered all of our questions and got us set up in a way that worked best for our company.

PROS

The software allows me to pivot between clients. The ability to use either manual timers or clocked timers with notes is helpful in understanding our company's staff utility and client profitability. All the data captured allows us to create reports that can be manipulated to better analyze our company's performance.

CONS

There are glitches in time keeping system that can sometimes occur and it won't record the time or it will turn it into a manual entry rather than a timed entry so then we have to recreate the entry by hand and we might have lost some of the data integrity.

Reasons for switching to ClickTime

Too many glitches in the time keeping system and terrible reliability

Hi Wendy, Thanks for your feedback! We're excited that you've had a positive experience with ClickTime and been able to better understand your staff and company's overall performance. Thanks so much for the shout out to our onboarding and support teams as well. Please continue to reach out to our support team for assistance if, and when, you have any other questions or feedback. All the best, Ethan

Clyde

Computer Software, 1 employee

Cost effective time keeping

It's been a pleasant experience so far. The software does exactly what it should and allows me to accomplish my time keeping with very little effort. The fact that is is cost effective and not over burdened with features /functions I simply don't need.

PROS

Cost effective and provides what is needed.

CONS

The ability to default time. Our engagements are measured in hours, not days. As such, I'd like the default to match the starting time am or pm. It seems to default to AM forcing additional keystrokes.

Reason for choosing ClickTime

It can be setup to meet the needs of my type business. I'm not an attorney and lots of time keeping packages are geared to them. I saw that I was able to customize ClickTime to exactly what I need minimizing the time required to complete this task through out the day. I have enough to do as it is. Basically, it's simple and is quick to get up and running quickly.

Hi Clyde, Thanks for your kind review! We're happy to hear that you've had a positive experience with ClickTime over the past 2 years. We appreciate your feedback on the start times defaulting appropriately and we'll pass it along ClickTime's product team. If you have any other questions or feedback, please continue to reach out to our support team for assistance. Best, Ethan

Hava

Public Relations and Communications, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed December 2019

ClickTime - great resourcing tool option for agencies!

Everyone from the Sales to the Service people at ClickTime were easy to work with, served as great partners, and did their best to make our experience as positive as possible. While we could not use ClickTime's time-entry functionality due to internal organizational restrictions, we believe ClickTime is the best in the business for timesheets & time recording. We firmly believe that ClickTime is an amazing tool for the right organizations, including but not limited to communications, marketing and advertising agencies.

PROS

The software is cloud-based and therefore always on & real-time. Time-entry is also mobile-friendly (though we did not specifically used that functionality). ClickTime has so many great reporting functionalities and various views you can leverage for reviewing timesheet entries and resource planning data.

CONS

Our organization approaches resource planning in the lens of percentage allocations, and ClickTime's approach is by number of hours, which was a conceptual and cultural challenge for our company. (If it were possible to have both views - percentages & hours - that would be ideal.) Additionally, the Copy allocation functionality (month-to-month) was a bit difficult for us because we would have liked to be able customize what data was being copied (e.g., employees working on retainer accounts vs. employees working on time & materials accounts). The Copy feature is all-or-nothing. Navigating various data views was not always as intuitive as we would have hoped. The learning curve was a bit steeper than we had anticipated, but understandably, the more we used the software, the easier it got.

Reason for choosing ClickTime

ClickTime was designed specifically for communications agencies, and it had the resource planning capabilities that we needed as an agency. It also came with the highest reviews directly from people we spoke to at other agencies.

Nancy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great software for timekeeping

As the CEO, I appreciate the ability to run reports and check in on results, employee by employee. Personally, I find it very easy to enter time and expenses.

PROS

We have to keep track of our time for many different grants and funding sources. Clicktime allows us to accurately keep track and bill the appropriate accounts. It's also easy to use for generating expense reports. I especially like that I don't have to print and turn in receipts but can attach them as scans to the report. As an admin, it is also easy for me to approve timesheets and expense reports. And I can make changes if someone makes an error.

CONS

Clicktime doesn't integrate with Quickbooks so we have to manually enter payroll.

Hi Nancy, Thank you for the wonderful review of ClickTime! We do in fact have a couple of options to integrate ClickTime with Quickbooks and I would love to send you some additional information! I will reach out to you directly so keep an eye on your email. Thank you again for your feedback and please don't hesitate to reach out for assistance! Best, Cali

Michelle

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Great product

Great

PROS

Customization of timekeeping. Mobile app. Ease of reviewing and approving timesheets.

CONS

It would be helpful if we could have a more complex leave time capture. We allow staff to borrow from future accrual. We have no way to enter in expected future accrual and allow staff to borrow from that. It ends up that most of our staff have negative leave balances. Because we cant capture this accurately, we dont rely on clicktime for leave balances. If we had this feature and the ability to approve leave time in clicktime, it would be a game changer for us.

Reason for choosing ClickTime

Because it met our needs for customizing time keeping and running reports

Hi Michelle, Thank you for your review of ClickTime. I have reached out to your Customer Success Manager Ethan Good to follow up with you regarding your needs in the Time-Off Module. We would like the opportunity to learn more about your needs and can hopefully come up with a solution to help. Many Thanks, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Replied January 2020

Brian

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

IMS Review

PROS

Easy to use. My favorite feature is seeing the percentage of how billable I am per month.

CONS

The only down side is that I would like a copy paste feature of a day's timesheet. I know there is a quick day button but i've only had that work when going forward to the next day. I've entered my timesheet in the wrong day many times and I'd like to be able to copy and paste that into the correct day. Instead of having to manually retype everything.

Hi Brian, Thank you for your review of ClickTime! We are so happy to hear that the billable percentage indicator has been so helpful for you! Regarding the copy/paste feature; ClickTIme's Mobile V2 app has the "recents" option and I think that may be exactly what you are asking for. I will reach out directly to do a quick demo for you. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance Best, Brea Phillips ClickTime | Customer Success Manager

Replied August 2020

Simon

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Great, full function program with good support

Streamlines our hours which is a good chunk of our business

PROS

Lots of features set up for billing and multiple cost codes. Ease of use from field to office and accounting. Good reporting capabilities, approval system etc. They do have paid upgrades based on your specific needs

CONS

They need some help in the graphic design department as the app doesn't look very sexy. Also need to streamline some approvals and reduce the number of user actions required to get to the end goal. Lastly, could introduce cost-code specific estimate/forecasting. Currently only available as project-wide budget.

Simon, Thank you so much for your review of ClickTime. I am thrilled to hear that ClickTime has helped streamline your business! We've also taken note of your suggestions and will review them for possible improvements within the app. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything we can assist with. Best, Cali ClickTime

Beatrice