• Pros

• "Perfect Software for small Business Like mine :-)"

• "easy After a short training and data maintenance, easy work possible. Great support. Reaction very fast and helpful."

• "I can store customer data, collect all invoices at one place, was able to connect my bank account and can easily send invoices with a "pay now online"-button"

• Cons

• "inflexible Adjustments to your own templates would be nice, but as far as it is, can be worked well."

• "Some areas cant be make unshown, so some areas are displayed, but nobody needs them."

• "The stats / graphs seem to be a bit messy and the design-options aren't fully convincing"

Browse Debitoor Reviews

Fedra from Foto Studio Sanc

Industry: Photography

It is an excellent software!!

I've a small photographic company that is emerging and I'm looking for the right tools to accompany it in its growth. Having an administrator of invoices, forms and budgets, expenses that also allows me to have a register of clients and products is something that would do well to my company, so I am evaluating the purchase of this service. I think it offers many benefits and at a good price.

Pros

The interface is intuitive and it's very friendly. It's easy to use, everything is very organized. Immediately after placing the country in which I reside, the exact amount of the tax charged in the country is placed. You can modify the templates of the emails that customers will receive with the invoice data. It allows to have a client registry, saves predetermined messages. It allows to take an expense management. . I can have a list of products The truth is that I like it a lot. I'm looking at the trial version and it's convincing me to have it in my business. The prices are quite accessible and from what I see you can easily climb if you have a small company like mine.

Cons

So far everything I've seen and tried from the software I really like, including the price since it's very accessible.

Manuel from Locationscout.net

Industry: Photography

One of the most important tools for every company

It's really fast, easy to use and since I am using it, I really like to write invoices. Before I did code my own system to create pdf invoices automatically, then I used word-files and an excel sheet to write down anything I need for the month, but I really hated doing it because it was so much work and it took me so much time. The most awesome feature I love about Debitoor is the option to import my business account so that I can go through it and use the incoming and outgoing payments as a todo list.

Pros

At first I found it very hard to get started with invoices and all that stuff that comes with starting your own company. I tested a lot of different softwares and I decided to go with Debitoor because it was the most easiest tool to use and I love that everything works out so quickly with just a few clicks, because I really want to focus on my business and not on the invoicing.

Cons

I would love to see more AI improvements that maybe automatically do or suggest stuff for me to reduce the amount of time I need to spend with Debitoor, but besides that I love using it.

Reasons for Choosing Debitoor

Easier to use, fair pricing, account reconcilement

Sven from Bearly Digital (Einzelunternehmen)

Quality execution of too few features

While its overall quality is great, Debitoor doesn't help out in nearly enough ways to be considered a complete book-keeping solution for small businesses who need to digitally report tax information. If you outsource the entirety of that work to an accountant who also works with Debitoor, that might be different, but if your starting out doing as much of the work as possible by yourself, Debitoor is not the way to go.

Pros

Debitoor makes basic accounting, invoicing & payments really easy. Its UI & apps are really intuitive and easy to use and a greate way to get started when first launching a business / freelance endeavour.

Cons

Debitoor sadly does not provide nearly enough features in the reporting departement. Not only can it not submit the necessary VAT-pre-reports on its own, it also has no reasonable option to export end-of-year tax reporting information to the tax office or even just another product that can take over that part of the accounting work.

Response from Debitoor

Replied January 2020

Hi Sven, Thanks a lot for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate your feedback. Our Product Team is currently working on developing our reporting features further, so watch this space. :) Also, if you have specific suggestions on how exactly you'd like the reports in Debitoor to work, feel free to email us at: team@debitoor.com All the best, Debitoor

Christopher from wittor.IT

Easiest software I’ve ever seen

I love their customer services. They respond always super fast!

Pros

Easy to use, even for people who have their troubles with computer stuff

Cons

Sometimes the bank stuff could be a little less strict.

Reasons for Switching to Debitoor

SevDesk porvided many features but most oft them I don’t use

Enrique from quiqueDev

Easy start for freelancers

Pros

Very easy to use Good documentation Efficient Autocomplete when creating business expenses. No credentials needed to report tax summaries to Elster (Germany)

Cons

Maybe some customer agents were a bit lazy when i asked for some very specific information about business expenses.

Reasons for Choosing Debitoor

Debitoor is more internationalised by supporting different currencies and languages.

Alexander from Beautyshots Fotostudios GmbH & Co. KG

Industry: Translation and Localization

Good system for writing invoices and basic income/expense tracking

As stated above, overall I'm happy with Debitoor - what it actually does it does fairly well. But I don't like the fact that they try to advertise themselves as this all-in-one invoicing and accounting solution when the feature set is still very limited. For example, you can't even create or upload your own invoice templates (something many similar services allow) - you have to set up your invoice template using Debitoor's limited options.

Pros

I like the fact that it's easy to create invoices and you can track whether the recipient has received them. You can also link your bank accounts and categorize and track income and expenses (i.e. whether an invoice has been paid, etc.) For these purposes, Debitoor works really well.

Cons

Despite Debitoor's claims, I wouldn't use the system for preparing and filing taxes or working with a tax advisor unless your underlying situation is very simple. As soon as things get even slightly more complex, you find that Debitoor simply doesn't support a number of different scenarios. My tax advisor has also said that the reports/export files that they receive are more or less unusable and do not conform to standard German accounting practice.

William from WMC IT-Consulting

very usefull and high quality German accounting tool.

Debitoor saves a lot of Time if you use it in your Small to Medium Business Case, you can manage your Income and Costs in one online platform, also the User Experience is very nice.

Pros

The perfect Integration in other tools and bank accounts like Elster and Kontist.

Cons

The Customer Support has not a good knowledge base about their tool, when I had questions I had to help me by myself.

Very good accounting tool

Pros

Most complete accounting tool on the market for freelancers and very good Interface. Good invoicing funtionality & great app

Cons

If you do the yearly tax declaration on your own, I sometimes find it hard to transfer the data. I miss something like an "Anlagenverzeichnis" on a yearly basis

Nikita from Cinematographer

Great software with improvement to go

Pros

I love how I can easily invoice, track my payments, record expenses, report VAT etc.

Cons

Unfortunately after shifting from external support of bank accounts to internal it started to work poorly, with many important options dropped completed, like support of Amazon cards.

Jens from Werenskiold

Industry: Music

Debitoor

After my DJ Jobs i creat directly in the club my invoice ! I never forget to invoice my booker ! Thats Amazing

Pros

Its an easy system where you creat invoices in less then 2 min

Cons

There is nothing to complain. I have my perfect payplan and everything what i need

Tobias from BÜRO BATTENBERG

Usable for the entire company

I am self-employed and do all my corporate accounting (simple accounting) and tax reporting. My tax consultant checks my entries and uses them to prepare the annual balance sheet. I also fully automate the respective advance return for sales tax with Debitoor.

Pros

I like that with Debitoor you can basically do all the bookkeeping. This ranges from the recording of expenses and revenues to the calculation of company balance sheets and the advance return for sales tax. My tax advisor is fine with her own login and can export all data, etc. This is very convenient.

Cons

In some places it is a bit difficult to understand the interface. Sometimes it is not the system's fault but also the EU's bills. Sometimes you get confused with the taxes. The OCR scanning of expense receipts is not always correct for automatic recognition.

Adnan from Sawaf Trading

Efficient and practical program

All in all: I can recommend this software.

Pros

The user interface is very simple. I write all my offers and bills exclusively with debitoor. I have my finances totally under control and can easily digitally review all my expenses. The app runs seamlessly (android). I honestly do most of my work on my phone while I'm on the go, thanks to debitoor. The customer service is quick to reply and friendly.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to report.

Debitoor for the freelancer who wants to keep up to date with their business

Debitoor is used by our one man business clients. We have found that they are able to see what is happening in their businesses from a financial perspective using this software. We then halp them with more detailed reporting and statutory reporting on a monthly basis.

Pros

Debitoor is great for our clients that run their own businesses as a one man show. They use it to send invoices to clients when onsite and when they are not onsite the software can tell you when your client has received and opened your invoice. This is great for small one man businesses as one can then immediately follow up on when payment will be made.

Cons

Debitoor does not allow for the full accounting function to be done on it, but it is a great tool for a one man business to have so they keep up to date with what is happening in the business as well as for simple cash flow and income statement reports .

kolja from KH Beratung

Industry: Building Materials

State-of-the-art

Time and espacially costs savings for all accounts and tax tasks/management

Pros

Absolutely easy to get an invoice - lesss than 30 seconds! Great to admin all costs incl. the pdf files which are read automatically so that I only need to check and add Especially its totally easy (GERMAN market) to send your tax-farecast to the local authorities by one-click only - very cool!

Cons

nothing - all is very fine There is nothing to mention

Reasons for Choosing Debitoor

Great dashboards and easy to manager

David from David Haller Fotografie

Perfekt!

Its a PERFECT software!

Pros

Perfect Software for small Business Like mine :-)

Koch from Tectrium Bayern GmbH

Industry: Facilities Services

Price / performance is good. Easy work.

It would be nice if it is saved automatically. Often it happens if not cached, everything has to be entered again.Otherwise, I am convinced of the simplicity. Sufficient for my company size. Price performance fits.

Anne from Schöpfergeist

Industry: Online Media

Happy to use Debitoor

I love Debitoor, cause it just works. I can easily handle everything around payment, bills and taxes.

Reasons for Switching to Debitoor

I was promissed I could have a bank account integration and an app to scan, capture and send bills. Both didn't work. Plus, they didn't offer onlinepayment. Debitoor is easier to use and works much better.

Philipp from 3Kon Sprach.Dienst.Leistung.

Industry: Translation and Localization

Creating invoices, paying my taxes, managing my contacts - that all is much easier and faste with Debitoor.

Pros

It's easy, it's fast and contains many functionalities that easy my working day

Cons

Once you selected the way to pay your taxes, you cannot reverse it but have to create a new account

Joerg from verreaux GmbH

Industry: Information Services

Top features for the money

Using it for some months now with three different businesses. Top value for my money.

Pros

Web and App at the same time. Easy to use with direct access to my bank account.

Cons

Nothing discovered yet. Using it nearly every day.

Gerald from Gerald Adelsgruber Photography

(nearly) the perfect solution

I use debitoor for my photography business and I like it because it's one place for my whole office work

Pros

easy to use and no server problems. very good help if you've questions

Cons

mails sent directly via debitoor are often marked as spam

Thorsten from IT- & Telekommunikationsberatung Thorsten Peissker

easy and fast billing / invoice software

Pros

You can write a new invoice for a new customer in a few minutes !

Cons

You can do the complete accounting with his software, but I still use an easy excel-chart for this.

Michaela from journalist

Industry: Writing and Editing

Easy to use, good solution for freelancers

I can create invoices easily as well as keep track of payments. The user interface is very intuitive.

Pros

I am a copy writer and journalist and really like this software. It is easy to use, quick and makes life a lot easier for freelancers. The support is also excellent.

Cons

Nothing. I have not found any negative points yet.

Carsten from lightclock

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Easy to use, but not fully complete

It really enables one to do accounting without much detailed knowledge.

Pros

It's really easy to use. What it can do, it does really well. Both the browser interface as well as the app.

Cons

It doesn't support some basic things like loans. Pricing is okish. For some it might be cheaper than lexoffice, for some it might be more expensive.

Nathanael-Osirius from osirius

Working with Debitoor makes accounting fun!

I never thought I'll ever write this, but since using Debitoor, I do enjoy accounting! I'm very happy with Debitoor and my overall experience is very positive. I do believe that Debitoor offers the best value for your money.

Pros

Minimalist design, easy to use, fast support

Cons

No two factor authentication, very few design options for invoices.

Matthias from Matthias Bruns

Industry: Information Services

Close to be perfect for freelancers

Pros

It is really easy to use. Has all feautures I would ever need.

Cons

For some cases, the tax selection does not act as expected. E.g. for a company located in Ireland but with a VAT number I cannot set a tax percentage. The category"travel costs is a bit too broad and could use some finer splitting.

Fantastic software for day-to-day accounting

Pros

- Easy to use - Automatic bank transactions reconciliation - Comprehensive features for day-to-day accounting - Very fast customer support replies - An easy to use API

Cons

It would be nice to have a roadmap of the planned features / be able to suggest new features in an easy way.

Sophie from SAO Design

Industry: Graphic Design

All in All very good

Pros

I have this tool now since three years and it is very handy once you know how it works. Also my tax accountant likes it because its easy for him to use it once a year to do my taxes.

Cons

I dont like the look of the invoices. I always do them twice so my clients get real nice ones.

Bernhard

Alexander from photography alexander pfeffel

Debitor

i had made some suggestions for improvements and they didn't got included jet ... but the service staff was nice!

Pros

easy to use and good looking frontend ...

Cons

there are a few features missing - like getting attachments involved "regularly"

helpfull for selfemployed

Its easy to use, I can customize the bill and see the reports whenever I want. I can supervise my expenses

Pros

the helpfull people and the product category

Cons

that I not can change the number of the bill later

Lack of the basic integrations

Pros

- Very simple to use, other programs should follow their example as for UI / design - Relatively competitive prices - One of the very few apps available for the Spanish market/taxation

Cons

- No Stripe integration - Very primitive and problematic Paypal integration - WooCommerce integration is through IEX Debitoor integration (external, not free) - Really messed up data export (all in Spanish, btw) and importing your data into a new program might turn out difficult not relying on third party professionals.

Leonardo from Leonardo Nerini

Debitoor for freelancers

Pros

The interface is very clean and extensive.

Cons

A guided help near every feature would be make it a little bit more user friendly.

Magda from Pride Road

Industry: Architecture & Planning

The very easy app

I've been using it for my small business, that's exactly what I need to keep me in less mess! Easy & cheap for startups!

Pros

Easy invoicing and expense records

Laura from VA Laura

Debitoor makes my bookkeeping much easier

Pros

Invoices can be created very quickly and easily. I take pictures of the receipts and then save them in the Debitoor cloud. The app gives me access to my accounting at any time. Also reminders and credit notes are quickly created. The entry prices are reasonable and I am very satisfied with the overall scope of services.

Cons

I have nothing to criticize on Debitoor.

Dirk from dirklach

Saved me so much time!

242/5000 Debitoor helps me save a lot of time (and money). I can concentrate on my job and do not have to deal with accounting. Especially at the beginning of my freelance career Debitoor helped me a lot.

Pros

I like the simple interface and the functionality. I do not need a tutorial to understand how Debitoor works, everything works intuitively.

Cons

I would like to see more design options for offers and invoices.

Cornelius from FieldworkHub

Industry: Market Research

Not useful when you do business outside Germany

Tried it as bookkeeping solution, but it failed me for my needs. A simple Google Sheet does better and is cheaper.

Pros

Clean user interface, helped me get started with bookkeeping. I used some of the tables to set up my own (better) bookkeeping system on Google Sheets

Cons

Not user friendly at all when dealing with international currencies and international VAT. It's a huge pain to manually enter information again and again, when it would be so easy to copy and paste in a Google Sheet. So I just set my own system up which is easier, faster and more customisable - and it saves money. Uploading receipts is a pain too, takes far too long

Susanne from Yoga Life Susanne Spenke

Great tool for founders

Pros

Debitoor can be used very easily and intuitively. Every task can be done in a much shorter time than if I would do it by hand.

Cons

I like absolutely everything about the software.

Sebastian from Record17 Productions

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

Good for Small business

I have a simple overview about my money

Pros

That i see all my bank accounts and transactions

Cons

That i cannot add two transactions into one,. I want to customize my transactions

Waquar from Systomech Engineers

Industry: Industrial Automation

The product is invoicing software. But with limited functionality. It needs lots of updation for use

Created few quotation and invoices. But lacks lot of things even the UNITS.

Pros

Creating quotation and invoices is bit easier than other software. But due to its limited functionality it makes it difficult to use. The themes are good enough.

Cons

When it comes to detailed quotation it is not the compatibile one. Also it only gives one quotation and invoice as free trail later you have to upgrade the subscription.