• Pros

• "This product has been wonderful for our organization. It is simple to use and very user friendly. It has made expense reimbursement simple for our organization."

• "Easy to use, mobile app is completely functional and makes receipt entry easy"

• "Ease and convenience. I like that I can access my information on any device. "

• Cons

• "I can't think of anything that is a big CON. It takes a bit to figure out how to fully use it but once you figure it out it is really helpful. "

• "The milage app is good but could be imroved if it saved default address that I frequently use so I don't alys have to type in the same address for my milages. "

• "The auto-scanning can be a little temperamental at times but easy to quickly add own details in"

Browse Expensify Reviews

Jeff from DiscipleMakers

Awesome software!

Overall, it has been very pleasant. The staff reply to email questions quickly and work hard when there are errors.

Pros

As an approver of expenses, it is easy to reject wrongly submitted lines and tell the staff why. It is easy to approve and reimburse! They work hard to keep all major credit cards connected.

Cons

While it would be nice, it is hard to connect to every possible credit card and bank. My personal bank credit card does not connect for auto import.

Reasons for Choosing Expensify

Less expensive and was exactly what we needed as a small/medium business.

Nate from Legal Services

Expensify Expense Tracking

I originally used this software because it was the most straight forward "fool proof" software that allowed me to manage and track several employees travel expenses and business mileage and keeping it as simple as possible for the employees. By implementing this software into our expense tracking, our employee's no longer have to worry about paperwork and keeping track of physical receipts so long as they take a picture of it in Expensify.

Pros

The feature that won me over is the softwares ability to extract the necessary relevant information from a picture of the receipt and its reliability to accurately create an expense entry automatically. The other feature that really stands out is the dedicated email address you have to send receipts to the app. This feature is great because of rules i have established in outlook so that any "receipts" from certain companies automatically gets forwarded to my Expensify account.

Cons

Occasionally, when I was trying to submit a few large reports the app would freeze up on me. Otherwise I cannot think of any negative experiences I have had with Expensify.

Reasons for Choosing Expensify

Reliability and accuracy. pricing, ease of use, ability to customize to your specific needs.

Serguei from ManyChat Inc

Great expense reimbursement system

Overal, I have been using this system for over six years and really enjoyed working inside the program. Expensify has all basic features and controls for effective and efficient employee expense reimbursement.

Pros

Expensify is a great employee expense reimbursement system for small/midsize businesses. Would mostly recommend this for companies with a lot of business travel. It is easy to use and implement. Expensify has a workflow process where you can assign approvals. They are constantly working on making upgrades to existing features such as e-receipts, receipt scanning, etc which makes it easy for employees to submit their expense reports.

Cons

Although the system is easy to use their reporting features are kind of complicated. Creating an internal report is almost like programming. As an admin you have to use formulas to build a report. I would definitely recommend Expensify to make the reporting interface for admins more user friendly.

Expensify overcharges for their "Corporate" platform and becomes useless once your bank feed breaks.

Was ok and saved time, before it broke.

Pros

Ease of launch, mobile app works decently well. Onboarding support was decent, but sadly short-lived. They still offer monthly pricing. If you're tempted to try their Corporate or higher plan, DO NOT sign on to their annual pricing plan, see below for why.

Cons

Google "expensify known issues". Review the list of the corporate cards that they don't support. Be aware that they are not disclosing the many other corporate cards that their platform doesn't support. If you're lucky enough to use one of the corporate cards that they are currently supporting, be aware that their connection to your bank feed can break at any time. Generally, this will happen after your promotional period has ended and after your onboarding support contact has moved on. Once the bank feed breaks you're left with only chat support, which will take an average of 12 hours or more to respond to you. When chat support responds, it's clear that they are pasting from support scripts that have no relevance to your situation. Most responses will assume you're on a Team plan, and initially offer troubleshooting steps aimed at those clients. You'll have to explain that you're a Corporate client. Once you explain this, you'll wait another 12 hours for a response from someone who hasn't read the prior communication chain and you'll have to explain yourself again. this sort of back-and-forth goes on for some time. Eventually you'll get them to admit that the only work-around for a broken corporate card bank feed is a manual CSV import through each individual's account. Don't expect any meaningful response or acknowledgement if you bother to question the fees you're paying for broken corporate access. They will not listen and will not offer any discount or refund.

Response from Expensify

Replied January 2018

Hi there, thank you for leaving your feedback! I apologize for the issues you've run into but definitely want to clarify a few things: Re: corporate card connections. Bank connections may break for any variety of reasons, including (but is not limited to) bank maintenance, connection issues, changes in usernames/passwords, and more. Unfortunately most of these are out of our hands, but we do keep an updated list of known issues here: https://docs.expensify.com/setup-for-submitters/advanced-configuration-for-submitters/bank-import-faqs-and-known-issues. Re help responses. We definitely don't want to have you waiting 12 hours for a response and it doesn't help that there are a lot more help requests coming in at the end/beginning of a month around billing time. I've let the team know of your concerns and will continue to improve on our response times, especially during busy periods. Thanks for bringing these issues to our attention!

Mark from Washify Services LLC

Good Product - Truly Awful Onboarding and Support

While the product is good if you don't have any complications, the onboarding and support are probably the worst I have ever experienced. After a brief training session, there is no longer any phone call support allowed (only email and chat and the delays could be many hours and often days). More recently with the COVID-19 situation, their usage has plummeted so they recently announced a doubling of pricing (100% increase) to all users if they don't switch to using their credit card which for many companies (including ourselves and including reasons like the cc syncing problem) will not work. The message about the price increase was hidden in a very very long email from the CEO titled something about support improvements.

Pros

It is easy for the end user to use, particularly given the mobile app. It has a lot of good controls and notifications for potential user errors or abuses.

Cons

The credit card sync features often don't work or are significantly delayed (days, weeks if at all) which causes unintended reimbursements for non reimbursable expenses and messed up accounting.

Reasons for Choosing Expensify

It seemed to have the controls and ease of use that we needed and it charged per active user per month rather than a per expense report submitted which fit our needs well.

Travis from Child's Play

Expensify solved our receipt problems

We no longer have to keep paper receipts, and Expensify even tracks international service charges to match out of country purchases to our credit card bills.

Pros

We used to have to keep paper receipts and scan them into emails, Expensify has solved that while also making it easy to reimburse someone when they use a personal account to make a purchase.

Cons

Sometimes Expensify will disconnect with our bank software and we will not be able to submit reports until they reconnect.

Reasons for Choosing Expensify

The ability to have automated reimbursements.

Gene from Schulfer & Associates, LLC

Expensify for expenses

I am managing our expenses and tax reporting with Expensify.

Pros

Good value for the cost. It is pretty easy to work with and is relatively customizable. There are several, easy ways to submit expenses.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve, but it's not too bad. It is pretty heavily focused on expense reporting for employees, which takes a little adjustment for my needs.

Reasons for Choosing Expensify

Better fit for my business. I only needed expense tracking.

Peter from DiscipleMakers

Superb cloud expense reporting

Pros

Expensify has made everything regarding expense reporting easier. Snap photos of receipts. Auto scan them for information. Connect credit card or bank accounts to automatically draw data for expense reports. Submit to multiple approvers. Get immediate responses. And Expensify continues to develop and support the product very well. We have recommended Expensify to many other organizations like ours.

Cons

Sometimes the connections to financial accounts break. And I'm notified of the fact. I have to notice it myself and wish there were an automated notification.

Cláudia from OLX Group

Industry: Online Media

Great user experience

It was a great experience! Meanwhile I moved to a startup, that doesn't use Expensify and every time I need to fill in the excel form with my expenses I miss Expensify. I really recommend it!

Pros

Expensify is really easy to use and VERY convenient. My favorite feature is that as soon as you get the expense receipt you can take a picture of it and the app reads all the necessary information (value, issuing company, date, etc.), then you just need to add some minor details like the category, or the people associated with that expense (if more people than yourself).

Cons

There's nothing I'd point really bad. What I could point as an improvement is the time it takes to "read" the picture of the receipt, but most of the times it's not an issue, you just take the picture and close the app, it'll be completing the job on the background.

Ryan from Afton Tickets

A MUST FOR BUSINESS OWNERS!

Pros

I love Expensify, I use this daily for tracking expense receipts for my company [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and for my other two companies. Love it.

Cons

Nothing it works great and never has any bugs.

Isaac from Hinman Consulting Engineers, Inc.

Industry: Executive Office

Great Expense Report Software for Small Enterprise

I used this software extensively in a previous position, both as administrator and user. For a small organization, this is an excellent expense reporting software product which will easily allow you to go 100% paperless. All receipts are uploaded digitally and you can take photos of receipts on your phone and upload them onto the app (which is a great app). Once submitted, the routing is very nice and you can track the progress and make modifications if it is kicked back to you. The implementation was very smooth and we were able to incorporate everything we needed, including our chart of accounts, into this product. All of our employees loved it and it is especially useful for organizations who either have a lot of people traveling or who have employees in geographically dispersed locations. We had employees living in very remote parts of the world and they were able to capture all of their expenses and submit reports from anywhere as long as they had an internet connection. The product integrates very well with all of the major credit cards so no issue there. I don't think this product will integrate with your accounting package but I don't think you would expect that from a product of this nature or price range. Expensify is hosted on the cloud so no worries about installation and the implementation process went very smoothly for us. Their customer service wasn't spectacular but this product type and cost is such that someone in house should be able to manage everything and you wouldn't likely need to contact them for anything. The product is priced on a PUPM basis and the rate is very reasonable. I highly recommend this product to any company that doesn't already have an expense reporting feature as part of some larger ERM product. You will not be disappointed!!

Pros

Ease of use and implementation, low monthly cost which can be scaled as you add or remove users, completely paperless system and ability to take photos on your phone and upload them to the app, and ease of routing and tracking.

Cons

You will not get a lot of customer support and it doesn't integrate well into other applications. I don't think you would expect this of a product at this price though.

Response from Expensify

Replied February 2017

Thank you for the thorough review, Isaac! Apologies to hear our support is not as fast as you'd like, this is something we're heavily investing our resources on and you should see faster response times soon! In terms of integration, please let us know at help@expensify.com if you're looking for something in particular. For a full list of our current integrations (including QBO, QBD, Xero, etc), check out https://use.expensify.com/all-integrations/. Have a great day, and thank you again for leaving us a kind review! We're so glad we're making expenses easier for you and your team!

Christie from Forte Research Systems, Inc.

Good Resource

Pros

Our company went from using excel spreadsheets to monitor spending and expense reports to using Expensify once it was launched company wide a year and a half ago. In comparison to the old way of doing things, Expensify is a huge improvement. The software can sync with your corporate card (or personal card, if you'd like) so all your transactions are pulled into Expensify automatically. The only time a manual expense needs to be created is if you paid with cash, used a card that is not synced to Expensify or if you're entering mileage. Entering mileage is my second favorite thing about Expensify. It's very easy and can be as simple as inputting your starting destination and ending destination, and it will calculate the mileage for you. My favorite part of Expensify, however, is the mobile app. It allows you to take photos of receipts right away (especially nice while travelling) so you don't have to worry about collecting receipts and scanning them in once you're back in the office. Another nice feature of Expensify is that you can sort and put filters of your expenses to track category spend. This is very nice for our company as we receive some health wellness benefits that allow u to use X amount of money per year so these filters help us track our personal annual spend.

Cons

There are some features that have limited options for settings. The first example that comes to mind is if you take a picture of a receipt on the Expensify app, it will automatically mark that expense as reimbursable, even if you it's not.

Thomas from Self employed

Expensify to the Rescue!

Organization. Receipt management.

Pros

I work overseas. Mostly in Europe and my company is based in California. I work for an international charter school organization basically travel for a living while meeting with government entities about educational opportunities. My whole life is expenses. I spend my own money and get reimbursed so it's critical that every receipt, every lunch, hotel, meal, every expense is documented and saved. I'm not the best with money and I struggle with organization on the road. Fortunately, Expensify helps me with both. Every receipt I collect can be instantly scanned and saved. There is no limit to the number which is great because someday's I have in excess of 20 receipts. Expensify tallies my receipts as I go which assures I stay on budget and don't overspend. If I overspend or go over budget I don't get that money back so this feature is critical. My company uses Quickbooks for accounting and Expensify integrates with Quickbooks effortlessly. For those who do not use Quickbooks, rest easy; there isn't a popular (or unpopular) software that Expensify doesn't integrate with. If managing multiple receipts and budgeting is important to you, you MUST give Expensify a try.

Cons

Nothing. Expensify is the most complete travel expense app on the market.

Matt from The Adventure Challenge

Expensify for Ecommerce

My overall experience with Expensify has been top notch. It really has helped our company become organized and has completely streamlined our expense tracking with ease.

Pros

Expensify is hands down the best expense tracking choice for our company. There are a lot of pros to Expensify. Their customer service is amazing, always responding quickly and answering my questions in a very understandable manner. Their app is what we use most, it's simple and easy to use - having every feature you'd every need for tracking expenses. I've also done some research on their company culture and it seems like they really invest into their employees lives. This definitely looks like a great company to work for.

Cons

There aren't many cons for Expensify. But if I had to choose something, it would be that the app doesn't real-time-sync with the admin system, you have to manually re-sync when something changes. For example: When the admin adds a new expense category, it doesn't show in the app right away unless the user manually "syncs". At the end of the day, this really isn't that big of a deal.

Reasons for Choosing Expensify

When researching different expense tracking companies, most websites were completely outdated with little to no reviews. After discovering Expensify, it was a no brainer after seeing their quality of excellence.

Worst customer service

the software when working is great but the customer service is the worst I have ever worked with in the world and they don't care about paying clients

Pros

easy to track expense connects with stripe to invoice easy to mark paid

Cons

when a problem happens customer service does not exist problems can last over 1 month no credit for the system not working they want customers to fix issues that are their problem no managers in the company

Reasons for Choosing Expensify

look of expense report and connect to stripe

Richard from Stone Summit, LLC.

Expensify is good for business, but bad for personal use

My overall experience with Expensify was mind-numbing, but I think that was due to the nature of my job. The actual site and program was not bad, but again, it's tedious for anything other than business purposes.

Pros

What I liked most about this software, Expensify, is that it allowed for bulk imports and would often suggest categories for certain items once you upload enough receipts and it could find a pattern. In my position as General Manager, I had access to a company card and Expensify is how we kept track of everything before exporting it to our company's accountant.

Cons

What I liked least about this software, Expensify, is that it often flagged certain receipts for being duplicates or for being incorrect despite that not being the case. Unfortunately, this prevented you from saving the files correctly until the "disputes" were corrected. For a business, this can make sense or be rectified as the totals are all that really matter, but for personal use, keeping track of tiny margins and trends becomes a lot more important and needs to be protected.

Jany from Fifth Partners, LLC

I love Expensify!

Save tons of time for reviewing, approving and reimbursing to employees.

Pros

It saves employees a lot of time and hassle on doing the paper work including keeping the receipts. Employees only need to take a picture of the receipt and submit with their phone. It is easy and timely. If expenses are not submitted immediately, at least the scanned receipts are kept in Expensify for employees to submit anytime later. With the feature of the scanned receipts, no more keeping the stack of paper receipts!

Cons

Syncing Expensify with accounting software (Xero) in order to get a complete and updated customer list is not 100% there yet. A lot of times, we couldn't submit an expense marking billable because the customer is not available in the drop down window in Expensify. This requires accountants like us to do extra work in accounting software (Xero) to fix the entry.

Sally from Kahua, Inc.

Expensify is pretty good

Overall I think Expensify is a solid product but I do believe they would do well to add a lot of functionality from an administrator / accounting perspective.

Pros

I like the ease of loading receipts and drilling down into an expense report to find the data I need for accounting purposes. I like the user interface. It's extremely easy to add a new user and our new users never really have questions so I think the users find it easy to navigate. I love that it interfaces with our accounting software creating a seamless exchange of data once everything is set up properly; this saves a lot of time and duplicate entry. I love that it has a direct pay option - the users get the payments directly to their bank account. The customer support is a chat feature - they don't always respond immediately but it's always pretty quick and they are extremely responsive. They have always helped solve all my issues and I consider their support to be pretty top-notch.

Cons

I think the product is lacking altogether in Reporting functionality. There's really not even a "Reports" module to speak of. You have to basically go in and pull your own data from the modules ...it makes everything feel clunky and unprofessional. It's also tricky to find what you need in settings, from an administrator perspective.

Best expense tool

Expensify has made our expense reporting so much more simplified and saved everyone so much time.

Pros

Expensify is in my opinion the best expense option on the market. It is so easy to use and makes expense reports a breeze.

Cons

Not really anything I dislike about expensify, but what I like the least, is I wish the software was a little smarter and able to match expenses if the receipt date is a day or two off from the billing date.

Reasons for Choosing Expensify

Ease of use and reviews.

Amy from Black Card Books

I WOULD NOT FUNCTION WITH OUT THIS APP!!!

My life is easier, I don't have to hang on to receipts that lose their ink. And it automates everything. I love it!

Pros

My favorite function of this app is that I simply take a photo of my receipt and it inputs EVERYTHING. It inputs the name of the place the receipt is from, the amount of money, and the date on the receipt. It's so simple! It even transfers my receipts from British pounds to US dollars automatically for me when I'm traveling. Or Canadian, or any other country I'm in. It does the conversion for me. Everything is automated. My life is so much easier, and I don't have to carry any receipts around with me. The other favorite thing is that once I'm ready to send a report in, it can be for the month, or a specific trip, or what ever, it emails the entire report broken down into categories for me in a PDF file with the receipt photos attached in the PDF. BOOM!

Blair from Christian Life Fellowship

Great app for tracking expenses

Overall, I would highly recommend this app for anyone who needs to keep track of expenses. It simplifies the process and makes keeping track of receipts so easy. I don't pay for the monthly fee because I don't have enough to track, and an option to buy it outright might be nice for someone like me, but if I had a lot to track I can see the low monthly fee be a worthwhile expense.

Pros

It's simple, easy and keeps me organized. I am not naturally organized (I would just as soon throw a receipt out as try to remember to keep it and then submit it to my office) and so I have to intentionally work at it. This app makes it quick and easy. You take a pic and add some info and it's done. I don't pay the monthly fee because I don't have that much to track, but if you do I would think it's well worth the money. It breaks your expenses down into manageable categories and works offline if needed. If you need help staying organized or just want less paper to keep track of then I would recommend this app.

Cons

There really isn't anything about this app that I dislike. It does what it's supposed to do and it does it very well. Maybe if it integrated with my phone camera so when I take a picture of a receipt it automatically gives me the option to import it into Expensify? Maybe that's a pipe dream...

Stefanos from Resin.io

Reliable and rewarding!

- Expense tidying up - Categorize according to projects, events etc. - Everything centralized - Ability to handle expenses with other team members

Pros

We have been using Expensify for over a year now and I can say that it we have been pleased more or less. I really like the fact that you are given the ability to manage your expense and categorize according to how detailed you really need it. In addition, the joint report of all expenses is neat and easy to manipulate. I would say that it is quite user friendly once you get familiar with it (you do need a few times to use it in order to get a full handle on it). The app is a strong point as well.

Cons

Nothing too bad about it. Sometimes it cannot process as quickly as I desire especially when uploading pdf files. Subsequently I have had to log out and log in again to reset it in a sense. Other than that I would say it is a rather solid service.

Elizabeth from DiscipleMakers

I've used Expensify as an administrator and user and have benefitted greatly in both aspects!

Pros

I find that as a user, the interface is very user friendly and easy to use. I can simply upload receipts and add comments to my expenses. I find it is also easy as an administrator to reject expenses and add comments as to why they were rejected. So easy to use!

Cons

The only thing that is hard is that a report won't allow me to add an expense to it in the app. The expense needs to be added first before it can be added to the report, which is hard. Also, it would be nice to make expenses for distance in the app. Perhaps I am able but just don't know how. If so, it could be helpful to make this feature easier to use.

Response from Expensify

Replied January 2018

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for your kind review! We are so happy that we are helping making your job easier, both as an admin and an end user :) In regards to distance expenses, you can definitely create this via mobile if you click the (+) button located in the top right corner of the mobile app on the Expenses or Inbox tab. To add an expense to a report on the app, simply click into a report and you should be directed to a window with a (+) button in the top right corner. Click that to add a new expense to the report. Hope this helps, thanks again for using Expensify!

Davidq from Centerline Solutions, LLC

The best solution I have found for the retaining and coding of receipts!

Pros

This is the best software/app I have used to date to manage employee expenses. As an accountant, there is a constant struggle to get employees to retain and code their receipts; Expensify makes it easy for both! The receipt matching and scanning functionality has really impressed me as well. Take a picture of your receipt, and, most of the time, it will auto-match to the corresponding transaction. Another great feature is that Expensify will generate audit-able receipts for certain small transactions.

Cons

Expensify's per user pricing can be a large deterrent depending on company size. A bulk pricing option would be much more tantalizing for larger and even mid-size companies.

Expenses made easy.

Overall Im happy. They have a powerful app and uploading expenses is quick and effective. The app is decent so saves you having to use the web client. Overall it does what you need it to do, but theres some advanced functions that Expensify is missing that its competitors have (Listed above). I would recommend this vendor if you want speed and simplicity, but if you are interested in the more advanced functions and automation then its worth having a look at competitors first.

Pros

- Very easy to upload receipts - Handy email reminders - Variable options for tax which helps when working internationally - Options to retract submitted expenses to correct mistakes without waiting for them to be declined by financing teams

Cons

- The receipt scan function is slow, to the point where everyone within our teams choses to manually upload the receipt info. This is fine as it doesn't take long but it makes the scan option pointless. - No geotagging to show location of your purchases, such as you see in Monzo/Revelout/Stirling bank etc. - Occasional software crashes, quite a minor complaint as you simply re-launch the app and continue - No way to automatically link into a bank card, so your expenses don't automatically upload - This would be such a game changer! - No total expenses viewable on app, you can see the total value of each individual claim but if you want to see how much you have claimed over the week/month/year you need to manually add them up.

Kiana from Love Thy Neighborhood

Expense reports made easy!

I'm not kidding when I say I recommend this product to EVERYONE! When I give people nonprofit management advice this is at the top of my list. Great experience with this product and fast and effective customer service!

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly and makes expense reports a breeze, no more saving receipts on long trips or doing paperwork. I love that it syncs with your card/bank and automatically brings in the expenses and gets smarter as you set categories so the longer you use it the easier expense reports become. I've only used the expense reports side of things so I can't speak to the other services they offer. But 10 out of 10 would recommend this product, also VERY affordable and you can have on your computer, tablet & phone makingit so easy to use!

Cons

There are times my card/bank becomes unsynced. And it may only be a week at a time. This has happened a handful of times to me in the past 4+ years so not a deal breaker but just something to be aware of. The customer service is always yuck to fix whatever issue though :)

Super easy expense tracker for business, reimbursement, or personal

Helped me track my travel, business and personal expenses

Pros

Expensify is extremely easy to use. You simply take a picture of your receipt or invoice and it digitally reads the receipt, figuring out what it is for, the amount, the payment method, and the merchant. It's not always perfect at doing this, but it's usually pretty accurate. You can create "buckets" so you can keep your expenses separated by type, so if you need one for your work and one for your personal and one for your side job, they can all be separated. It's also great for trips or for tracking receipts for reimbursement. We used it at my church to track things we bought for the church, and I've used it on business trips to track my reimbursable expenditures. This is made easier by the fact that you can then run reports on your expenses so you can hand those over to the other party for reimbursement or expensing.

Cons

As I mentioned, the automatic detection feature is not always 100% accurate; some manual editing is sometimes required. Also, I've had some issues with the app freezing or the camera not working. Overall though, it manages to take most of the pain out of expense tracking.

Nadia from Hearst

I used this product when I was a remote worker for a startup

Quick reimbursement, ease of use, instant upload of receipts.

Pros

I used to hate doing my expenses because the paperwork was overwhelming. Everything about this tool is great--I can upload receipts instantly and assign a client and project to it. I'm always aware of the status of my reimbursement. It also is great for international travel, converting currencies. I get reimbursed quickly, which leads me to believe that the reporting is organized and easy to approve.

Cons

There aren't many cons that I can think of, as I used it for submitting expenses only. If you have any issues, you can get a direct response through email and phone.

Jahangir from AlemHealth

Smart Solution for all kinds expense reimbursement and reporting.

I have been using this software tool from 2014 to till now. So, I am used to submitting all of my company expenses via Expensify weekly based. It's really helpful and amazing tools who saved my times and make my all financial reimbursement process easy and simple. There is some issues, bugs and updating with longtime issues which are really frustrating. I hope Expensify team will improve this matter soon.

Pros

1. Simple, anyone can easily operate this app/website without having pre-training 2. Website Design, useful tools to create reports are really great. 3. Report generate, modify is pretty simple and smart AI system to rectify any man-made error. 4. Controlling and distrubuting reports to multiple label of Finance and Accounts are highly streamlined.

Cons

1. Sometimes I lost the entire report without seeing its update. Still has some serious bugs. 2. Hang up and not working too long time to come back to online during website updating or ease issue. 3. AI for auto creating reports and manually input data are mismatching and annoying.

Upload receipts and easily generate expense reports

Simple expense reporting software with automatic tagging OCR for receipts

Pros

My favourite feature is by far the receipt scanning ability. Whenever I travel abroad for business, I come home with a handful of receipts as I don't have a corporate credit card (I do not travel frequently enough). Taking photos of all of my receipts and dragging them into expensify saves me a tonne of time. I've also heard from colleagues that there are features to integrate with taxi/uber apps so that business travel is automatically raised as an expense but I have yet to try that out. Basically, the more automated the process of putting in expense reports can be made, the better! I rarely use the mobile app to put expenses in, just by virtue of the fact that I usually just email all the photos to myself to do back in the office, however I do like knowing when expenses have been paid or to check up on their progress from mobile.

Cons

I find the the IA of the app confusing. I use the software only every month or so, and I am always confused by the fact that there are expenses, and then there are reports... so sometimes it takes me a while to realise where to go to submit my expenses. When not in the context of a business trip, I often have adhoc expenses for things, and so it feels weird not to be able to submit these without generating a report to put them in. Perhaps it is a business process feature, but it is definitely a stumbling block for me every time.

Daniella from Better Mortgage

Expense Tracking Made Easy

Expensify has made tracking expenses easier than ever. It saves me time and stress, and I know no money is being left on the table.

Pros

Expense tracking is typically a grueling experience. Everything from keeping track of expenses, to avoiding mistakes when reporting them is a headache. Expensify is the only thing I've used which actually makes the expense process enjoyable. The GPS mileage capture and automated reimbursement features are amazing, and everything else about the platform makes tracking expenses easier than ever before. Fixing the expense process is no small feat, but Expensify has made it extremely intuitive and pleasant.

Cons

The interface can take a little while to get used to, but once you get the hang of it it's actually quite simple.

Best tool to track my expenses

I am now able to track my expenses and mileage in one location and have an overall better tracking and organizational management of each item.

Pros

As a personal trainer, I spend a lot of items out of pocket and travel that needs to be reimburse. Expensify is one of the best software I’ve used to track each item for reimburse or to write off on my taxes each year. My favorite feature is that I can take a picture of my receipt on my phone and upload it to my expenses, as I tend to lose my receipts!

Cons

I have not encountered any issues within the past year of using Expensify.

Shoaib from SRB

Snap...... and its done.

From all the other products i tried, this is by far the best and easiest to use.

Pros

The best feature is the smartscan feature. Once you set up the currency, it segregates everything accordingly and saves you the trouble of manually entering it. Even if you have no internet connection, it saves the request and once u go online it will analyze the scan and store it for you.The reports generated are also very well detailed.

Cons

I had a technical error, maybe it was my mistake, because it didnt happen to any of my other collegues where the expense trip report closed automatically. But that is easily solved by logging on the web version and activiating it again.

Reasons for Choosing Expensify

Mobile app and the reports generated for the expenses , both were far superior to the alternative products.

Andrew from General Knot & Co.

Ideal for a small business

Pros

Being a small business without a full time bookkeeper, we use Expensify to keep all the many expenditures and accounts organized between sessions with our accountant. Expensify's integration with Quickbooks Online is very helpful as well.

Cons

We would benefit from a more detailed mobile interface, having the ability to create subcategories of expenses. Although a lot of this can be updated though once the Expensify transactions are synced with QuickBooks. All in all, this is a very helpful app for our small business.

Easy expense reporting tool

My company uses Expensify for expense reporting and tracking. Very easy and efficient tool.

Pros

I use Expensify to report my expenses related to work travel. I have the app on my phone and it’s really easy to add expenses as they are incurred, rather than doing in bulk later. I can take a picture of the receipt on my phone and either use OCR to scan and populate fields or manually enter and save photo to expensive for additional verification/approval. I can easily see any expenses that might fall outside of policy limits, so I can submit additional justification to get it approved, rather than having to go back and forth. I also get automatic updates once my expense reports are approved and again when they are funded.

Cons

Very few cons because it’s easy to use. However, OCR can be slow at times, so I often manually enter the fields which is fine for me. Additionally, when you create a new report from the app, it isn’t super intuitive for where to change report comments and details. I have submitted reports thinking it was all updated by name, only to discover the comments were wrong and pulling from previous report. Just requires a bit of searching to update these sections in the app before submitting.

Expensify Honest Review

Overall experience has been great. I love from a user experience how easy it can be to submit expenses and receive a reimbursement. From an administrators perspective it can be a real pain going through everyone's expenses and sometimes correcting them yourself.

Pros

I have a love hate relationship with Expensify. First with the positive, I love how I am able to expense items through the company and receive a refund in a relatively short amount of time. I love how you're easily able to take pictures of receipts and collect new expenses. Overall, a straightforward easy to use application.

Cons

Being on the administrator side as well the categories are an incredible pain. For the most part it is straight forward but from experience I've had so many instances where I reject expenses from the team because they are not categorized correctly. This take up so much of my bandwidth during my day when it really shouldn't be. I wish there was a simpler way to automate categories but as of right now it has been reeducating the team on which expenses so into which category.

Ben from Oikon Stewardship Solutions

Easy receipt/expense management

This is the best receipt management tool I've ever used.

Pros

First, Expensify's smart scanning feature is super duper easy and saves me a ton of time. Actually keeping physical receipts during travel is very annoying, and I've lost them before, which is a pain. But Expensify pulls all the data from a photo of the receipt, and allows you to edit it if necessary (the scanning is not 100% perfect, but it only has issues in very few instances). Once the data is pulled from receipts, it can plug into Quickbooks or whatever other accounting service you use. There are many other parts to Expensify, like a time tracker and reporting functionality, but I use them less frequently than the smart scanner. For many types of organizations, I imagine that will be the most useful features, as it allows employees to be reimbursed efficiently, without too much hassle.

Cons

Like I said, the Smart Scan feature is not accurate 100% of the time, but it's pretty close. The upside is that you can edit data if necessary, so it's really only a problem in rare instances. Other than that, I really don't have any criticism for Expensify

Joshua from STRIVR

A well rounded and easy to use accounting software

I really enjoy expensify and everything it encapsulates. It's easy, and quite frankly, effective and I recommend to everyone.

Pros

Quite frankly, Expensify is literally the easiest and most effect of the Expense software on the market. It's easy to use, it's thorough and it's easy to download/understand reporting features.

Cons

I've been using Expensify for nearly 3 years, I personally do not have any qualms with Expensify. Internet speed can affect issues, if you are updating a bunch of receipts.

Fantastic Tool

Overall, we really like Expensify and the pricing structure works so well for us given our infrequent use. There are many features and functions that we don't need as a company, but considering the features that we do use are so easy, I would guess the rest of the product is just as great!

Pros

We mainly use Expensify for reimbursement reports and to track credit card receipts. We don't even use it to its fullest function and still highly recommend it. Especially now that the pricing is based on usage, it's a no brainer! You only pay for it when you use it and based on how much you use it, which means there's really no risk in purchasing a subscription! It also makes reviewing and reimbursing reports easy and the historical reporting is very handy if a question arises after the fact.

Cons

The only thing that can be confusing is that you have to add an expense and then start a report and link the expense to the report. Every employee I've ever worked with has gotten tripped up with this step, because instinctually, everyone assumes you can start a new report first and then add an expense to the report. In general, this is a small complaint, but it would be more intuitive if the first step was creating a report.

Jessica from Dalkia Energy Solutions

Industry: Environmental Services

Great Software - limited customer support

Overall I still really like Expensify despite the customer service issues. It is very easy to use and I almost never get complaints from my company’s users.

Pros

It’s really easy to use and makes expense report processing very efficient. As a user and admin, I like both sides.

Cons

The customer service is non-existent. There is no phone number you can call for support and they have an automated program that answers all customer support emails. It takes a long time to get issues resolved.

Steve from Eikon Church

Expensify has helped us manage our expenses and brought our whole team to the next level!

Helped our whole team better manage our expenses and finances. And helped our small nonprofit stay on top of our finances and stay compliant.

Pros

Extremely simple and intuitive. Snap a picture of a receipt and let the software do the rest. It's like having your own personal finance assistant. I love it!

Cons

I've had a few issues here and there with the credit card import sync, importing expenses properly from bank account. I've also had a few sync issues with quickbooks category sync.

Matt from Catholic Diocese of D

Expensify is making personal expense reporting so much easier (minus the technology learning curve)

The software makes expense reporting super easy! After the initial set-up and learning curve, it saves time from both an employee who submits the report and the person that approves the report.

Pros

Expensify's best feature is that you can easily add an expense to an expense report at the time of creating the expense (snapping a picture with a smartphone app) rather than waiting until the end of the month to create the whole thing. Since we arranged our settings to auto submit, a report gets sent on a timetable that works for us (monthly). This feature allows expenses from piling up. The set-up felt intuitive to me. We were able to adjust it to our own General Ledger codes. Features like emailing receipts to the expense report and smart scanning (the app attempts to read and auto-fill each receipt) makes completing the report much easier. Our office doesn't use direct deposit to bank accounts after the report is properly approved, but it does have that feature.

Cons

We are trying to implement the software office-wide, and those who don't like technology changes find it hard to adjust to using the app. So they scan and email the receipts to themselves to add them to the online software. I feel like they have more steps than a paper expense report. They do not have non-profit pricing. Our department is the only department currently using the software and I doubt if the whole building ever will because the price is geared toward corporations.

Tom from In Focus

Makes one of the dreaded things that you hate to do for work (expense reports) super easy!

Makes getting my expensise reprts done so much quicker and easier

Pros

Easy to uplaod reciepts. Love the ability to make a purchase, take a picture of the reciept, uplaod the picture and being able to get rid of recipet and not have a ton of recipets filling up my wallet when I travel is AWESOME!

Josue from summithosting

Really good software to keep track of expenses.

This software helps me keep track of the daily expenses and it helps me import the date to quickbooks really quick and I can keep in order all my accounts

Pros

This software is one the most important tools on my daily used to keep track of expenses and to import the data to quickbooks for more efficient way to have all our accounts in order

Cons

No issues at all the software works well and it helps us as its advertise. and we cannot spend a day without it.

The clear leader in expense reporting

A few months ago, I liked Expensify, but probably wouldn't have rated it quite as highly. Recently, however, I've been required to use Certify for expense reports. WOW, Expensify blows it out of the water in every regard. More mobile friendly, easier to use regardless of device, and much less of a learning curve.

Pros

While it's easy to use Expensify on your desktop and drag and drop e-receipts into it, it's also very mobile-friendly. For paper receipts, I always use the app to photograph my receipt. The process is pretty intuitive and easy to learn.

Cons

Expensify allows users to create "rules" that prefill some expense details based on conditions you set. This could be built out a little more. For instance, why do I need to select what card was used for a purchase if the expense automatically ported in from my credit card activity?

Great in theory, from a bookkeeping POV

Pros

When working properly, it easily brings account codes, jobs and copies of receipts into accounting software. It links to various credit cards with the paid version for easy reconciliations. The biggest benefit for my application was having the individual card users coding and providing backup for their transactions with the ability to then very easily reconcile in the account software (I use Xero).

Cons

The customer service is the worst I've ever encountered, of all companies I've ever worked with in my life. All questions are submitted via chat with a minimum of 2-4 hours between responses. This makes a conversation impossible. There is no help with initial setup or training, which would likely reduce all subsequent problems. Even for an accounting firm who wants to implement the software to a number of clients, there is no personal help. There are constant issues with the credit card links and the sync needs to be manually updated to reconnect. This is not apparent until the user realizes that transactions are missing. From a workflow perspective, these issues should be resolved automatically or a notification received. There are constant changes within the software without forewarning. This makes using this product a constant battle with regularity. It's also not as intuitive as it should be. My clients often tell me the same, that the software just simply doesn't work well. As a small addon to a much larger web of integrated softwares, the amount of issues I had with this software makes it not worth using for my firm. My frustrations with getting it set up properly for my clients was met with indifference by the staff. Ultimately, in a world with many other options, I was forced to go elsewhere.

Nivin from Indian Oil Corporation Limited

Industry: Oil & Energy

Simplify the process of managing your receipt and expenses using this cloud-based application.

Pros

The mobile and website interface is very user-friendly and easy to set up and implement. It provides a lot of integrations with other accounting tools like QuickBooks and NetSuite that helps in facilitating direct reimbursements. From the time you get your receipts, it automates the expense reporting process. Manual entry is eliminated, reducing majority of errors by employment of OCR technology. They provide attractive and affordable monthly plans. While you sync your corporate card, all your transactions get synced automatically. You don’t have to wait till you reach your office to scan your receipts, you can just take a photo of the receipt and upload it. You can categorize and put filters to your expenses. It eliminates paper receipts by using these scanned receipts. Reduction in the time consumed for reviewal, approval and reimbursement process.

Cons

Few configuration settings only available for admins. The customer service takes a lot of time to respond. Provides limited reporting capabilities. The absence of a reminder feature.

Brittany from SAOS

Makes my life easy

Pros

Ease of use! After taking a pic of receipt for credit card charge for the business card then it just handles it and tries to code it where it did last time! I just love that! My clients also love it so I am a big fan. It helps us do the pre accounting we need.

Cons

There are some strange parts of the setup to connect to Intacct that I think could use some work... Especially since they are a CPA.com partner now. Getting that integration right would be amazing. Also- having all card connections would be key. Then I never have to debate putting a client on the software.

Emily from Untappd, Inc

Great for tracking your expenses for work

Pros

Overall I think this product is great for tracking expenses for my work. Its easy to track with pictures of receipts and easy to add any additional information. The app is easy to use (mostly) for tracking things when you are on the go.

Cons

I find it hard when submitting a monthly expense report to the office manager, that its difficult to submit one via the app. Most of the time I will have to get on the website and create a report and submit it that way. Not a huge inconvenience for me but it could be for others who are on the go and traveling a lot.

March 2015

Katherine from Work4

March 2015

Overall a Good Tool

The expense reporting feature works great for setting up rules and workflows to get things processed, and keep reports organized. Customer services response time is great, and everyone seems very helpful and friendly! Only disappointment was the function for categorizing credit card transactions is a bit of a pain (especially if you make a variety of different purchases from a company like Amazon and are constantly re-classifying them). We actually stopped using this feature of the tool because it took longer to do our monthly credit card reporting in Expensify than it did on an excel spreadsheet that we would upload to QuickBooks. Overall it's a good tool that I would recommend for employee expense reporting!

Response from Expensify

Replied March 2015

Thanks for the feedback Katherine! So sorry to hear that categorizing expenses is causing you this difficulty though. This isn't something that we hear a lot of complaints about so I am wondering if there is something we could do to help you streamline this process. Without knowing more about your specific use case I want to bring your attention to our Help page has a few options for troubleshooting: http://help.expensify.com/rules/. In short, you can: edit categories directly from the Expenses page. Select a category right when capturing receipt images on our mobile app. Use Expense Rules to pre-assign categories to different merchants. This wouldn't address the Amazon use case, but for merchants that are always categorized the same, (such as restaurants) this will automatically apply categories for you. If there is anything else we can help with please reach out to help@expensify.com and we would be happy to help in any way we can.