Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "Easy to set up and label assets, data entry via multiple devices."

• "Options. Different field for lots of information"

• "Pretty good for Asset Management Like the phone functionality"

• "I liked how easy it is to use his product, specially the scanning feature. Instead of typing your code you can easily just scan it and find it "

• Cons

• "Kind of a clunky UI and not very pretty, could use an overhaul in that area, but it works well."

• "The ios version of the software needs an update. It could use more built in drop "

• "The scanner doesn’t always work. Having to manually put in all of the info for each asset into the system"

• "The initial rollout is a bit awkward and you really do need team as you recommend to get your arms around all the pieces. "

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 152 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Meets Expectations

For what we pay, and as a bare minimum of our needs it meets the bar. While there is certainly room for improvement, it is still a valuable resource and database that was created with a good amount of thought and effort.

Pros

When it comes to meeting expectation for creating a database for physical assets, GoCodes does an excellent job at that. The app is very easy to use, it makes it easy in check things in/out as well adding photos and creating fields. There's minimal lag time between holding a camera over the code and it recognizing and reading it. The sites search functionality works great as well, I'm able to search and it will find those keywords within any of the fields available for an asset. This makes it easier to use a secondary way to reference an asset

Cons

A bit archaic. The site could definitely use a facelift that aligns more with 2018/19. It would be nice to create secondary databases, for example where I can just search once specific type of asset and see if something is checked in or not. It would also be nice to be able to create customizable views and dashboards that I can share internally with other departments who may be affected by the status of a specific asset

Response from GoCodes of

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the review and detailed feedback. You will be pleased to hear that GoCodes 2.0 is coming in Q1 2019 and will be a complete modern overhaul of the web based UI and user experience.

Goran from Kuch Contracting

Great beginning software

Overall I am happy with GoCodes, it has made it much easier to know where everything is and what we have which has led to a decrease in unnecessary buying of things we already own. This has led to a decrease in the amount of storage space needed at the shop. There could be minor improvements as I mentioned above, and there should be an option to add more assets without upgrading the account to a much higher paid bracket with extra features. For our purposes the basic version works great but we are getting close to our Asset allowance. Id like to see asset increment upgrades available at a fair cost to the consumer.

Pros

Quick loading time when entering bar codes. Easy to use and enter data on the app. Reports available on the website to easily see the "big picture" of where everything is located.

Cons

- Scrolling down to find an empty asset in order to create a new item. I wish there was a button to open a new Asset form to start filling out.
-Sometimes when searching for a bar code, it shows other results of equipment containing the same numbers.
- Reports on Excel show too many fields, most of which are not in use for my purposes and it can't be set to not show them when opening the reports so they must be manually deleted.

Response from GoCodes of

Replied August 2018

Hello Goran, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes. You provided some great comments and suggestions. For adding new assets, we will look at adding a button to update the first available blank asset. For searching, did you know you can also filter on multiple columns to get the desired list. For reports, you can use the Grid View to create a custom view with just the columns you need in the order you want and then download in Excel. We would be happy to help you with these tasks by phone or email support@gocodes.com

simon from Magnat Kaffehus

Review from Norway

GoCodes is a great management system and very easy to use. I would how ever pay more for a better product. There are a few things that don't work as one would wish. for example different time zones don't work. export to excel does not work. There are a few more features that would make it better and i would pay more for.

Pros

i can see were may assets are on a map. and see all assets info on my mobile or pc.

Cons

I would like to be able to personalize my account more to our market, I would like to be able to print off of see my assets in Excel, and also with my own Custom Fields, (not possible for me although they say it is) . The date and time zone is a bit problem for us to know when the asset whats installed or purchased 02/04/16 means the 02 of april for us in norway but for gocodes it means 04 of febuary. so this is a feature we cannot use correctly

Response from GoCodes of

Replied November 2016

Thanks for the review. It's possible to export to Excel, there are sometimes some Excel settings which need to be updated for use outside USA/UK. Contact us directly and we can help with this. We are working on adding the local time zone feature.

Karen from Marketing & Advertising

Protect your assets by tracking

Very good. Very thorough. It’s a great til to help you keep track of the so many parts of a world of assets.

Pros

Ease of set up and support. We misunderstood a few things at the beginning but support was so helpful in helping us. Great customer service.

Cons

For our purposes we needed some additional equipment to erect it’s use. But we operated fine manually with this until we set up an electronic process.

Response from GoCodes of

Replied March 2019

Hi Karen, thanks for your review.. We were a bit confused about your overall rating vs. likelihood to recommend? If you can explain further we would be pleased to assist you.

Allison from NaperMed Inc.

Saves us money and helps avoid conflict!

We use this software for rental items, and while it only allows us to keep one picture, and does not yet provide notifications to admin on check-in and check-outs (assignments), it has helped the warehouses and customer service team IMMENSELY in communication about the items, and our customers find it hard to wiggle out of paying for lost items that are clearly scanned out to them and not returned. We use the mapping too, to see if an item is in one or the other warehouse. Overall, this has been a great investment in a tool that help us, and continues to improve as we grow as well! thanks GoCodes!

Pros

The images, custom fields, app tools, and location services.

Cons

No email to admin on assignment and unassignment

Response from GoCodes of

Replied November 2016

Thanks for the review. We are evaluating adding asset assignment notifications as a new feature.

Franklin from J&M Keystone Inc.

Great inventory system for static assets

This has helped our business so much with keeping track of equipment and so many other assets. We go code our lock boxes, ladders, vacuums and almost anything we don’t want to lose. The GPS feature is so helpful.

Pros

The ease of putting a sticker in the asset. The ease of scanning the asset. The ability to scan multiple assets

Cons

Response from GoCodes of

Replied August 2018

Hello Franklin, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use! Sorry to hear you have had an issue with the scanner. We would love to hear more about how that happened so we can track it down and fix the issue. Please check our knowledge base for more information or contact support@gocodes.com

Tamlin from Andrews University, Dept. of Speech-Language Pathology & Audiolgy

Easy Check In and Check Out

We love the bulk discount and the kind attention from Todd Penny. He's the best!

Pros

We love how easy it is to scan an item in and out of the department. It's FAST and easy. The Faculty love it and the students find it easy too. No more hassles!

Cons

It does take some time to put all the info for each item into the GoCode system, but it would be that way with any system.

Response from GoCodes of

Replied August 2018

Hello Tamlin, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad you love the ease of use check in and out features! For data entry, have you tried the Update All feature in the mobile apps that will make it very fast for entering lots of near identical assets? We also offer an optional data upload service using an Excel spreadsheet which can really help in that area.

Jackie from Reliance Interiors, Inc.

GoCodes Review

IWe have had a good experience with GoCodes, it seems very easy to use from both the mobile and web platforms.

Pros

I like the ability to print our asset list by location so we can always have our foreman verify the assets on their job.

Cons

I think there are too many options to list for each asset, it should be kept more simple.

Response from GoCodes of

Replied January 2019

Hello Jackie, thanks for the great feedback. I wanted to let you know that you can remove the asset options by hiding unused datafields. Let us know if you need assistance with setting that up.

Tom from TMD Enterprises

Held my inventory list hostage

As a small Photographer in DC we didn't find ourselves needing to use it every day or in some cases every month. Therefore we simply wanted to use it when and as needed. Sadly the team had no interest in helping us when we needed the files. We had started to use them very early on when you could create your own asset tags - we had ordered a bunch of them and it took us a long time and we still haven't even gotten to use them all however the GoCodes teams wouldn't let us use them or even refund us just because we didn't really meet their client model.

Pros

The concept of it is great, However for us it just seemed like they didn't have services for the little guy

Cons

wasn't friendly to the small business owner

Response from GoCodes of

Replied January 2019

Hello Tom, sorry to hear that things did not go as planned. As a GoCodes customer, you can view and download your asset data at any time. We always make it available to you from your online account. If you contact us with more information we can work to resolve any issue you had with our services.

Christopher from J&M Keystone

Great problem wish it had a few more features for actually filtering through equipment and such

Equipment accountability is very important for what we do. I have found that we can use it for anything within our warehouse to keep track and make people accountable. Very happy with this.

Pros

Great GPS tracking and map locator
App is great and easy to use
Easy to train people to use the program. I have this to be nice.
Effective for its use.

Cons

The reports that are produced seem to be a little outdated. A better version of the report or a better template would make it much easier to read.
Filtering through equipment is not the best and needs some sort of update

Response from GoCodes of

Replied October 2017

Hi Christopher, thanks for sharing your feedback on GoCodes. You mentioned the filtering and we can help. There are comprehensive features for filtering and grouping asset data using the grid sub-menu. We would be pleased to demonstrate this to you if that would help.

Nick from Stefanos Landscape Const

Decent product

Overall works well does what I need and what I expected. Won’t say it exceeds my expectations but is a decent asset management tool

Pros

Maintenance of our equiptment tool very helpful. Monitoring where it was last scanned

Cons

It’s tough to scan in limited light. And the scan sticker has a tough time staying on our often used landscape equiptment

Response from GoCodes of

Replied March 2019

Hello Nick, good to hear your feedback that GoCodes was very helpful. You mentioned scanning in low light and did you know that you can turn on your smartphone light to solve that issue. Also you mentioned the labels. We offer a range of tougher materials like metal foil and metal tags which may be better suited to your project.

Keri from Branch Line School

Small School - works great!

LOVE - it has saved me so much work!

Pros

We can download an inventory and see all the assets immediately. It's great - especially for state reporting!

Cons

I want it to be more mobile - easier to use from a phone.

Response from GoCodes of

Replied August 2018

Hello Kari, thanks for reviewing GoCodes. Glad it works so well for state reporting. We would love to hear your ideas for how we can improve the mobile app to make it easier to use, please email or call us with your suggestions.

Michael from IpadHire

Managing iPads

I am a repeat purchaser and its a reasonably priced product that gives a lot of functionality for the price.

Pros

The online activation and tracking is excellent. I have a rental business and checking assets in and out is quick and simple compared to the time consuming manual way I did it before. Simple to add new assets once you get the hang of it,

Cons

I cannot really figure out the depreciation reports but thats not why I bought the tags so it does not matter to me. Would be nice to have a feature to add multiple activations where say only the serial number of the asset needed changing.

Response from GoCodes of

Replied January 2019

Hello Michael, thanks for providing your feedback. We would be happy to explain how our IRS GAAP deprecation reports work is needed. Also, did you know that there are three ways to add lots of assets quickly. There is a scan and copy feature, mass update feature and an upload. These three should really help you with data entry for new assets. As always call or email for additional assistance.

Frank from Millbrae School District

GO CODES almost there

Overall, Go Codes is a much better system then our homemade inventory practices

Pros

We needed an easier way to track our inventory and GO Codes works great in that way. With the ability to scan tags and to add custom fields, Go Codes is a great value.

Cons

Being a school district we often have large quantities of equipment arriving at once. It's a little clumsy to maneuver while scanning large numbers of devices. I have a great vendor who sends me a list of serial numbers and inventory numbers so we can just add them without scanning. I would LOVE to be able to import all these but it can only be done by Go Codes doing it for a $$$. This is a major deal for me. Adding the ability for customers to upload into the system is a must for me.

Response from GoCodes of

Replied January 2019

Hello Frank, thanks for your review. Our product team is looking at ways to make it easier and safer for customers to upload bulk data. To date we have provided this as a service as small user errors can easily result in data corruption and loss.

Karen from Lipscomb University

Track and Protect

We check out alot of equipment and GoCodes has been a lifesaver in tracking and marking our stock against theft and loss. Highly recommend it.

Pros

Easy to use. Very thorough instruction and customer service on initial roll-out.

July 2015

Douglas from EMW Productions

July 2015

GoCodes, how it helps EMW Productions in Asset Mangegement

Pros

The product is super east to use a "no brainer" really. The ability to track our assets is simplified and I as CTO can manage the location, check in check out and the maintenance, warranty, etc of each asset is a key to proper asset control.

Cons

No GPS. No, seriously, I've talked with my peers and yes there is a strong placement for GPS tracking but dollar to dollar GoCodes is the best and most viable solution for multi office asset control.

The tag quality, but that is only because I choose the cheapest tags to start with. Next batch will be the more durable tags.

Tom from Railroad Construction Co.

A lot to offer

We have been using GoCodes for almost a year and we have had nothing but a positive experience. The bar codes work Everytime and help us track equipment coming and going. I can also communicated with supervisors through the scan of each code.

Pros

GPS location, equipment tracking, apps for Android and iPhone.

Cons

Atvthe mercy of the scan, no scan, no trackability

Response from GoCodes of

Replied November 2016

Thanks for the review. Affordable real-time tracking is the holy grail for many customers. Were working on it. Unfortunately the only solutions available today cost significantly more and have additional limitations.

Russ from SBM Site Services

App functions great for our purposes

Positive

Pros

Printing Reports is easy and customizable.

Cons

No alerts are sent for follow up items.

Response from GoCodes of

Replied August 2018

Hello Russ, thanks for taking the time to review GoCodes and glad to hear that it's working out great. It sounds like you may need help setting up the future service alert feature. We would be happy to help you with this or you can check the knowledge base for assistance.

Brandon from Tricorp Group Inc.

Invincible stickers!