• Pros

• "I love that it is so simple and our candidates never have issues with it."

• "Users have not complained and very easy to use and set up. "

• "Gorilla Expense is extremely user friendly. It actually didn't even require training to our users to use it. Plus it has a direct integration with our Dynamics GP, which is our accounting software."

• Cons

• "Attaching receipts from your phone was a little difficult but other than that it was good."

• "There have been some glitches but customer service is always there to help. "

• "there isn't a manager side where our hiring managers can see if their employee is entered and if the results are back, but they cannot see the actual results. "

Browse Gorilla Expense Reviews

Gorilla Expense

Pros

Took a second to figure everything out but then very easy to use. Quick, helpful responses from the team.

Cons

Some of the terminology is difficult to understand at first (it was not obvious what type of report to file at first)

BRENDA from GLASSCRAFT DOOR CO.

Industry: Wholesale

EASY TO USE

I like the lenght of time receipts can be kept. It's been very accessible for the users and myself.

Pros

Users have not complained and very easy to use and set up.

Cons

There have been some glitches but customer service is always there to help.

Reasons for Choosing Gorilla Expense

I believe it was suggested by our Great Plains rep. Easy to use with it.

Bin from The Steppingstones Group

Not user-friendly

Fair.

Pros

We could submit applications through both website and apps, I guess.

Cons

As an employee, I used the website, instead of its app, to file applications for expense reimbursement. I used about two to three times a year. I found it not user-friendly. It usually took an hour or longer for me to file the application for reimbursement because the receipt I submitted has to be in certain format (I don't remember which one it is required) and I could not upload the invoice I received (e.g., Amazon). The instruction was not helpful either. This being said, this feedback is based on my experience using website. not app.

Response from Gorilla Expense

Replied October 2020

Hey Bin, If you continue to have issues with Amazon receipt, please write to us at support@gorillaexpense.com and we will be happy to assist you. Thanks

Melanie from Attorneys' Title Fund Services, LLC

Expenses

Pros

I liked that I could copy button made filling in the rest easier.

Reasons for Switching to Gorilla Expense

The company did. It was a good choice.

Taylor from The Stepping Stones Group

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Great! Simple! Easy! Affordable!

Pros

I love that it is so simple and our candidates never have issues with it.

Cons

Maybe a video should be place for tradings for learners that are visual.

Chona from SSG

Everything in One Place

Pros

I like that it is all-in-one. It saves so much time because it is user-friendly. It is efficient, too.

Cons

I don't like the small fonts. It will improve more if bolder color were used.

Nicole from WHEDA

Avid user of expense software

Pros

It is easy to utilize and manage. Going in on a weekly/bi-weekly basis to complete my expense report is easy and efficient. I work for a government agency that has many rules and regulations on what and how to expense things. The software makes that process easy.

Cons

I do not have any negative experience in working with Gorilla Expense software

Mel from The Fund

So Easy!

Would highly recommend and very user friendly.

Pros

The ease of this software makes it so less time consuming. I complete weekly expense reports and never dread the process. video training initially were easy to follow and understand.

Cons

There is nothing to report. It's easy to upload receipts on your desktop or smart phone so no issues.

Michael from RevSpring

Highly recommend Gorilla Expense

Very user friendly and quick as I snap pictures of my receipts and upload them from my phone throughout the month. At the end of the month my expense report is a simple "submit", couldn't be easier and more efficient!

Pros

Ease of use on both mobile app and desktop

Cons

None, love the software! It just takes a few minutes for each receipt and I'm done.

Catherine from Greensky

Makes Expensing Easier

Overall, Gorilla Expense makes it easy to submit expenses and reimburse employees.

Pros

Gorilla makes it easy for users to submit expenses as well as for managers to review. It helps departments communicate and takes ambiguity out of the process.

Cons

Some of the questions in the questionnaires are redundant and not always clear, but I don't think this is a huge impediment to using the software.

David from CGB Enterprises, Inc.

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Gorilla Expense Makes Expense Reporting Seamless and Comprehensive

Our experience since we started using Gorilla Expense for company wide expense reporting has been outstanding. The support we get from their team is always prompt and attentive. We also have the ability to use the reports provided in the web application to break down which companies we do a lot of business so that we can get group deals.

Pros

We have been using Gorilla Expense for a few years now and couldn't be happier. Their support team is the most accommodating group I have ever relied on. The web and phone application's user interfaces are extremely easy to navigate and provide a transparent view of a users expense report throughout the approval process. The phone app also makes it easy to capture receipts on the go, very useful so you don't need to worry about losing your receipts.

Cons

Sometimes the web app logs me out immediately after I log in.

Response from Gorilla Expense

Replied October 2018

David - Thanks for the review. If we can help further in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us at support@gorillaexpense.com. - The Gorilla Expense team

David from RTL LLC

Excellent product that beats Concur

The only thing the client told me was "We wish we had come across this product sooner"

Pros

Easy to use, well laid out and a great team to work with, both on the sales and support side. I implemented this solution for a client of mine and we had many unique requirements. The Gorilla team was able to advise us on what was practically possible and workarounds for requirements that were very unique. The AP team loved their Microsoft Dynamics integration. All in all, it was one of the best and fastest implementations we had done.

Response from Gorilla Expense

Replied December 2017

Howard from MGIS

A Senior Accountant's Review

Gorilla Expense is 100% online, which makes it easy for our sales staff to work from their home in 10 different States. And just submit their expense reports online, which made it more efficient.

Pros

Cons

The travel reports were not as detailed as we had hoped for. We actually had to use Microsoft Excel to do the travel report for our company's senior management.

Kyle from CGB Enterprises, Inc.

Industry: Food Production

Great pricing, useful features, best customer service received from a software partner

Gorilla has exceeded all expectations in the T&E realm and we couldn't be more satisfied with the partnership we've established.

Pros

The software does what it's supposed to do and isn't over-inundated with "features" that don't add value or complications for our business. The result is a platform that's easy to use for our end-users and easy to manage from an accounting/power-user perspective.

Cons

Sometimes the mobile apps are buggy and require reinstallation for our users.

Michelle from The Edge Fitness Clubs

Our rep is very responsive and assists when individuals are taking a long time to get results.

Pros

You can have different users, you get alerted when the file is complete and you can run reports

Hauns from JMG

Gorilla Expense Review

We used it as a way to be reimbursed for expenses. Having to watch a 30 minute video about how to use it was the first drawback. The fact that there are so many steps and you have to attach files and upload them is cumbersome. Overall it's not worth the time or frustration level to get the reimbursement.

Pros

I am not an administrator and am not sure how easy it was to integrate with our former system. It has been the most cumbersome and difficult reimbursement system I've every used.

Cons

We were to watch a 30 minute plus video about how to properly use the app. This was way too much. It's very confusing with so many steps. You have to upload a PDF of receipts and it feels like jumping through a lot of steps for reimbursement. Colleagues have spent over 1/2 an hour trying to load receipts and follow all the steps for reimbursement. I've not even bothered, you lost me at the start with having to watch a 30 minute how to video. I'd rather not get the money reimbursed than deal with the headaches so many co-workers have had.

Ionel from Ergo Services Ltd.

Great day to day expense tracker

Great piece of software, saves you making spread sheets for all you expenses

Pros

Keeping day to day mileage and receipts

Cons

Google map integration helps a lot finding locations you visit without knowing full address

Deanna from Stepping stones group

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Gorilla

Pros

I like having one place to go to to process all work reimbursement.

Cons

It's not clear that you have to create a whole package of reimbursement and send those in as a group (or send one in a package). I had added all of my reimbursement forms to the site and expected someone to review them and it took weeks for me to realize that there was an extra step and making that extra step was confusing. I wish there was a better flow and help/info and prompting for what happens next as you move along the process.

Taylor from Adventures in Missions

Such a helpful program for expenses

gorilla is a great system for balancing receipts with expenses. The reporting is very good and really helped to make sure I was budgeting correctly

Pros

I love the different reports that can be run

Cons

Some parts of the software relied on my company to input. With their workload, it was difficult to know if they’ve done the work or not

Bob from IPC Eagle

Industry: Machinery

10 out of 10

Pros

The last thing a sales rep wants to do is spend more than 8 minutes reconciling and submitting expenses. Gorilla makes it so easy it makes it more fun to spend my company's money.

Cons

Honestly, none. Maybe that there are a lot of updates on my iPhone? (i'm grasping here......)

Sara from CGB Insurance Co.

Great option for expense reports

Overall the online version and the mobile app are easy to use and input expenses and receipts.

Pros

I like the app, and that I can scan my receipts in the app and it will save them for when I am ready to submit my expenses.

Cons

Sometimes if I pull in a receipt, it will change information I have already input into the expense that I didn't want changed.

Marianne from ATFS

Expense reporting make easy

The product has worked great for me.

Pros

The ease of the software is the most important to me. Gorilla Expense is very easy to use, very easy to fix and very easy to delete.

Cons

The thing that I like the least is there are too many items to enter per expense

Keri from Stepping Stones Group

Ease with expenses

I found this expense recording much easier to utilize than our prior method once I became familiar with it.

Pros

I enjoyed having a detailed description of each expense report that I had recorded.

Cons

When I was first starting to utilize it I had to learn by trial and error.

Jake from Toyota Motors Inc

Easy to Use

Pros

Easy to use. Quick to use. Good flow to expense entering.

Cons

Can’t upload multiple receipt images to an expense. Currency conversion sometimes resets while entering expense Reviewing receipt image upload sometimes shows a blurry image.

Dena-Lee from JMG

Gorilla expense is a great product

We have created better efficiencies with our Manager's approving expenditure reports, efficiencies in the finance department with not having to key all entries in, and reduced costs by less paper.

Pros

We like the functionality of being able to automate our expense reimbursements and have an app that our employees could easily use. We also like the capability of importing into our accounting software which created better efficiencies in our finance department.

Cons

We have not found anything that needs to be improved and have had a great experience. No cons that we can think of.

Par from GlassCraft Door Co

Industry: Building Materials

Easy expense reports

It’s been great not to have to keep up with receipts during the month. I just take pictures of them at the time.

Pros

It’s easy to use and takes very little of my time to keep up with day to day expenses

Cons

There isn’t anything I don’t like about it

Millie from AirFlite

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Easy tracking my expenses

Pros

Easy views are helpful especially for not tech co worker. Very easy to get started and customer service is great fast response.

Cons

sometimes pictures turn so blur and difficult to upload. (Those are just crutch but happened after apple updates)

Jennifer from Healthcare

far more confusing and complicated that in needs to be

Fair, at best.

Pros

It's the software my company chose - I have no choice but to use it.

Cons

Far too confusing and complicated, overall. I celebrate if I get everything "right" on the first try. Which is rare since you have to start here - go there - go down here - go back over there - click on this - click on that - add this - go back to that place - don't forget to do this thing too. It's infuriating.

Mary from Jobs for Maine Graduates

Streamline your Expense Reimbursement Process

From presentation to implementation the process has been easy. Anytime that problems or issues arise, they are quick to respond & resolve.

Pros

It helped to organize and streamline the expense reimbursement process.

Cons

Although I have found the software easy to use, some have had a difficult time navigating through it.

Reasons for Choosing Gorilla Expense

Price, quality of the product and the customer service.

Rosyline from Touchstone Communities

Gorilla Feedback

OK, not perfect

Pros

I like some aspects of Gorilla. When it works, it works well. Some days it signs you out and is very slow.

Cons

I wish I could copy splits. It does run slow at times.

Tameca from The Institute of Internal Auditors

Works well.

My overall experience has been good.

Pros

The software is fairly easy to use and understand. While I am not required to use it often, I seem to be able to navigate it fairly easily.

Cons

I have no complaints about the software.

Britta from Stepping Stones

Love Gorilla

Pros

User friendly and it’s never glitchy. I’ve never had a problem using it.

Cons

I can’t think of anything. Overall it’s a good product.

Benjamin from Sungro Hor

Easy

It has made my expense reports quicker to submit.

Pros

Easy to use the ap. It is really nice and simple. Its design is great.

Cons

Sometimes it will go off. Its as if it gets stuck.

Jeffrey from RevSpring, Inc.

Product Review

Great product

Pros

The ease of creating and uploading receipts

Cons

Not being able to copy and paste or create a new expense report from a prior version as a template

Reasons for Switching to Gorilla Expense

Automation

Tim from The Celtic Group

Easy and fast!

Pros

I like the simplicity of the interface for inputting expenses for my expense reports.

Cons

I have no complaints. The updates to the software has made it even better.

Paul from Sungro

Industry: Farming

GE Review

I like it!

Pros

Very easy to use once you get the basics down.

Cons

Phone app could be more intuitive. For example the opening screen should list the functions you most likely will do with the app. For example: Add an Expense - it takes two steps and the first one is not intuitive. Why not a button that says Add an Expense - one click and you're in. Also I'd like to see an ability to add a recurring expense so it doesn't need entered every month. Expense could show up and I'd only have to add the receipt.

Wladimir from JMG

Easy steps to submit, and approved your company expenses

I used this software when I need to submit my expenses for school, and I've been doing it for about a year. I am not a fan of reading instructions, so when I first switch to this new platform I browsed the platform, and I was able to navigate in a relatively easy manner. Since, this software has been a very easy to use tool when it comes to submit my monthly expenses.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. I am the type of skipping reading the how-to summaries, and I was able to navigate my way through this app without encountering any issues. I have used other apps but Gorilla has done a great job for stability and user friendly platform.

Cons

I haven't encounter any issues using the software, and the one time I had issues that I got an error prior to submit my expense, was when I forgot to select the item in the expense. In other words, operator error.

Melinda from Stepping Stones

Request for reimbursement of funds

Reimbursement for seminars and paid classes outside of the agency.Took time to figure out payment as it was not a reimbursed item

Pros

Was stuck on my first try due to being unfamiliar with the software,but was easier the second try.

Cons

The features should be explained in simpler form so I someone said " an eight year old can understand".

Juan from The Stepping Stones Group

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Gorilla Expense Review

Good, I used to claim certain expenses that my company allows us, Experience is good overall.

Pros

Quick and easy to put in a claim/ reimbursement

Cons

Learning how to create an expense , upload a receipt and then learn how to attach the receipt to the expense. Was kind of tricky at first

Mark from Adventures in Missions

Easy reporting for the end user

This saved time and effort on an international trip, providing robust accountability for money spent while freeing time to focus on the purposes of the trip

Pros

It was easy to record and reconcile expenses. I liked the ease of submitting receipts too.

Cons

I had some experience with other expense reporting software and Gorilla does some things differently. This meant I had to focus in the learning phase, but it was easy to use once I was set up.

Brian from eEmployers Solutions Inc

Gorilla easy to use to adapt

Pros

Ease of use, web based along with mobile app. Easy to understand

Cons

Unable to take pictures directly from phone and upload. Had to send to computer and upload there

Kelsey from Strategic Hotels

Easy to Use

I really enjoy using Gorilla and would recommend it to a friend.

Pros

I love using Gorilla Expense reporting because I can upload information on -the-go with their easy to use app, or scan in receipts in one file and quickly compile a larger expense report on my desktop.

Cons

Sometimes the transfer of data from my mobile to my desktop is not as seamless as I would hope.

Rebecca from Stepping Stones Group

Intuitive and easy to use

Pros

It was easy to use and store receipts. When it comes to keeping track of my expenses and submitting them to the company I don't think it could have been any easier. I could keep track of things I had already spent and prepare upcoming reports as well.

Cons

Personally I'm not a fan of the color scheme, but it isn't actually a make or break point.

Oriolyne from Christ Fellowship

Does what it is set up to do

Pros

The product was easy to use and self explanatory and customer service was always available when/if needed

Cons

The app had a few clitches for android phones

John from JMK Enterprises II Inc

Ease of Expense Reporting

We are very happy recommending Gorilla expense to or GP clients

Pros

Really easy to use and easy to setup and implement

Cons

We wish the purchase of additional reports was quicker but not really a big deal.

kinnary from Stepping Stones Group

Great service

Great experience. Self explanatory steps to upload documents.

Pros

I like the hassle free easy access when I have to apply for my reimbursement.

Cons

There is nothing that I don’t like about this software

Stacie from Quantum Imaging & Therapeutic Associates

Easy and Efficient

Overall I like Gorilla. It's easy to use and tracks everything I need for my position. I would recommend.

Pros

I like the mileage tracking feature that uses GPS to give precise miles/expense so you don't have to track mileage yourself.

Cons

It's finnicky about browsers. Sometimes I need to use Explorer, sometimes Chrome.

Joe from Garland Industries

Solid tool that gets the job done

Pros

Straight forward process, iOS app works nice

Cons

The scanning feature doesnt work that well I ended up just always manually adding receipts

Cost

Response from Gorilla Expense

Replied September 2020

Over last year or so, the scanning function has improved quite a bit. If any receipt does not scan please email us at support@gorillaexpense.com and we will make sure we update our algorithms to scan it next time.

LaToya from Old Republic

Simplicity at its best

Pros

Submitting invoices have never been easier. The process is as simple as one two three.

Cons

The only con would be not using this program

Lisa from The Perfect Playgorund

Lisa DeSantis The Perfect Playground Review

Pros

It is not my decision on what software to purchase for the company. I am an employee and find the website easy to navigate.

Cons

I do not have an issue with the software.