Indy

Indy Reviews

4.7

4.7

• icon"The contracts, proposals, and invoices are all simple to use and allow me to keep all of these important documents organized, easily accessible, all while making the process simple for my clients."
  • icon"Another huge plus for me is that Indy does not charge extra for payment transactions (only the fee direct from the payment processor applies). The customer service is also fantastic."
  • icon"I'm just starting out with my business so it's very important to me to be able to deliver for my clients, and Indy has been doing a great job of making sure I don't drop the ball."
  • icon"Hard to get clients on board with using the system."
  • icon"The lack of invoicing features that distinguish this service from similar services."
  • icon"I've been using the app on my phone when I am on the go and I found it very challenging to see where all my contracts are. I don't know why, but there is no button to see a particular contract."

Browse all Indy Reviews

• Have you used Indy and would like to share your experience with others?

March 2022

Indy is the best replacement I've ever found so far.

Pros

I am living in a country where the dollar conversion is really huge. I used HelloBonsai before but I cannot keep up with its pricing. When I found Indy, I can say that this is the most affordable CRM I found. Also, it has the robust features that I love the most and looked for a CRM - creating proposals and contracts, adding contact, creating projects, time tracking, task tracking and file management. They also have a chat feature which I never used but can be an edge to any other CRM out there. For a freelancer/one-person agency, Indy saved my time from client management and organized everything for me.

Cons

I can see that Indy is fairly new in the market. There are things that needs to be improved on such as currency localization. Right now, they only accept USD as currency for invoices. I hope they can globalize in the future. Also, I want to point out about automation. I hope we can add few more automations in the system.

Response from Indy

Hi there! We're happy to hear that you were able to find a tool that meant your business needs at an affordable price. That's our main mission here at Indy you need a tool that works as hard as you do without breaking the bank. Thanks for the feedback. Global currencies are on our radar and we're hoping for a release very soon. We're also looking at ways to improve our product and automation is an area we'd like to explore. If there are specific automations you'd like to see here, please let us know!!

Replied March 2022

Evan

Industry: Cosmetics

Affordable and User-Friendly, Constantly Improving with User Feedback

Overall, I have not had issues with Indy and will continue to use it. I find it extremely helpful for me as a small business owner to find an all in one experience for my business needs without breaking the bank.

Pros

I love how easy it is to create contracts and invoices on the fly. The customer service is pretty responsive in terms of timeliness and active listening.

Cons

I would like to see the ability to link contracts and invoices together for the same client so they can have all of the information at once. I also would like to see the ability for automatic payments for remaining balances after deposits are paid.

Ease-of-use pricing

Reasons for switching to Indy

Wave was similar but lacked contracts at the time. Honeybook was a little too robust for me. The learning curve was huge. I wish Indy would improve their features to compete with these platforms while retaining that low annual price. These other platforms are very expensive and that was another reason I switched.

Response from Indy

Hi Evan, we're happy to hear that Indy has helped streamline contract and invoice creation for your business. Also, thanks for the valuable feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve the ability to bundle documents (sending contracts with invoices attached) (bundled documents) and auto-payments are considerations. Be sure to keep an eye on our changelog to stay up to date on releases. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any questions or more amazing feedback.

Nathan

July 2022

Indy is good, but has a way to go

I like it, wouldn't recommend it till bugs get sorted out...I want FULL branding...and nothing that says Indy.

Pros

I like that I can easily manage all my projects and not have to click twenty times to find the status of a project

Cons

I want FULL custom branding. I'm tried of my emails coming from Indy....I don't want my clients to know I use Indy

Cost

Response from Indy

Hi Nathan, it's great to hear that Indy has been able to help with project management. We really appreciate the feedback on more custom branding options and it's on our radar. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any other valuable feedback.

Bruklin

Industry: Writing and Editing

Love them

Pros

I have been using Indy for a short period of time but in that time, I have accomplished a lot in my business. Indy has helped me stay on top of my tasks and get organized when I am feeling overwhelmed by my number of clients. I appreciate that things can be archived but very rarely can you completely delete something. I love the time tracking feature, it has prevented me from using multiple different software. Everything I need for my virtual assistance business is in one place

Cons

Contracts should be a little more detailed in things we can edit. While many important things are provided in templates, there have been times where I have had to copy and paste my contracts into a word document so that I can add or redact certain things. This can be a bit of a grueling task. I also wish the app had more capabilities.

Reasons for choosing Indy

I chose Indy because it gives me everything I need without any confusion. Other programs were either missing aspects necessary for my business or they were not as functional as I needed them to be.

Response from Indy

Hi Bruklin, it's truly amazing to hear how Indy helped streamline and organize your business operations. We really appreciate the feedback and love! You actually can edit our contract templates to remove or add text and clauses. The step-by-step wizard helps you fill out the basic contract information. On the last step (either step 3 or 8 depending on which contract you're using), there is a button that will let you fully customize the contract. It is a bit hidden in the process so we'll be sure to find ways to improve that. We'd love to hear more about the capabilities you'd like to see on Indy please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team to review further.

Aquarius

July 2022

A good starting place for new freelancers

Overall the experience has been good, and I look forward to more improved features.

Pros

Easy to use, responsive customer service. The cost is very reasonable, and the team is regularly making improvements to the platform.

Cons

The time tracking features are not intuitive or robust. I use an external tool to track time. I would like to be able to export timesheets, the ability to see reports for projects and clients, an automatic calculation of hours on a daily weekly and monthly basis, as well as calculating a total amount for the invoice instead of being individual line items. I would like to be able to modify the built in contract templates beyond just the essential info.

Reasons for choosing Indy

More features than I needed, higher price point.

Reasons for switching to Indy

Bonsai's payment terms were very confusing, and I appreciate that Indy connects directly to the processors. I felt like the customer service was a little rude, and I don't do a super high volume of contracts or invoices, so I switched to save money.

Response from Indy

Hi Aquarius, it's great to hear that you're loving Indy's ease-of-use and dedicated support team we're always here and happy to help if anything arises. We're also working hard to release new features to help improve your workflow and we have some exciting things planned. Thanks for the feedback on Time Tracker. We'll take a look and see how we can improve the tool. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any other insights on Time Tracker. Feedback like yours allows us to continuously develop and improve our product.

Carrie

Industry: Writing and Editing

Indy review

Indy has been a huge help to me as a new business owner. The contracts alone were worth every penny of this software. I could not have launched a new business without the help that Indy gave me. It saved me a ton of time that I could use to concentrate on my business content.

Pros

Indy is a fantastic and affordable program to assist small business owners with keeping track of projects, invoices, time, and customer information. I would highly recommend this program for anyone looking for a one stop shop to help with business needs.

Cons

The only piece of Indy that I think needs some rethinking would be the manual time tracker. It is a lot of scrolling can lead to mistakes with input which then gives false reporting on time. Being able to enter the numbers or after you enter the initial time, giving a close approximate on the second time entry would make it more user friendly.

Reasons for choosing Indy

Google Workspace did not offer what Indy does in contracts and time tracking. It is definitely much less user friendly

Response from Indy

Hi Carrie, it's great to hear that Indy's all-in-one productivity tool has helped your new business, especially with contracts since those are so important to protect you and your business. Thanks for the feedback on Time Tracker! We'll take a look and see how we can fix these issues. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have any other insights on Time Tracker. Feedback like yours allows us to continuously develop and improve our product.

Vincent

So Glad I Found Indy

My overall experience with Indy has been a positive experience and I look forward to remaining with Indy for as long as possible. They are going to be a great benefit to my business.

Pros

I'm brand new to Indy, but so far I'm loving being on the platform. I like the fact that it is very affordable for business owners that are just starting out. Indy's customer service is beyond awesome and they don't mind answering any question that you may have. They also are great with any feedback that you give. Their invoicing, contract creation/management, etc are great too. It's easy to go into Indy and have a proposal, contract, and invoice set up and ready to go for your client within 30 minutes. What makes that even better is that you can integrate PayPal and Stripe so that you can receive payment right away after your client approves the project. These are some of the pros of using Indy.

Cons

I found no aspect of Indy that was difficult to use. The only thing that I saw that was an easily solvable challenge was setting up the contract for my client. I was having a problem with doing that. I reached out to their customer service team while working on it, and they helped me solve that issue within 5 minutes. I was right back on my way after it was solved. There is nothing that I don't like about this software.

Response from Indy

Hi Vincent, it makes us very happy to hear that you're loving Indy so far and we're so glad you found us too! Our all-in-one producity tool will help you streamline and organize your business in no time. It also amazing to hear about the wonderful experience you had with our support team they truly are amazing. As you're still new to Indy, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team for any questions or if you have any feedback on Indy. Feedback from our valued community allows us to continuously develop and improve our product.

Nash

July 2022

A must for freelancers & small businesses!

Indy has really helped me learn more about contracts, invoicing, and organization when it comes to managing between my clients and projects. I love it and plan on staying loyal because it has great features for the prices and I really enjoy it so much!

Pros

I really enjoy the simplicity of Indy, it has everything I need to be able to run my business as a solo freelancer. It gives me that professional edge so that my clients take me seriously as a freelancer.

Cons

I honestly don’t have a negative to say about this software. It has helped me tremendously as I’ve been getting into my freelancing and slowly growing more clientele. I really enjoy it!

Response from Indy

Hi Nash, thanks for all the love! It's truly amazing to hear that Indy has everything you need to run your freelance business. We'll continue to update our tools with new features to continually give you that professional edge with your clients. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if anything comes up or if there's something you'd like to see on Indy. We're always looking for ways to improve our product.

Easy for freelancers

Pros

It’s incredibly easy to use and deploy and the value for the monthly cost is unmatched.

Cons

The ability to design your documents and invoices could be improved. It’s templated to look very basic currently.

Reasons for choosing Indy

The price of Indy was significantly less.

Response from Indy

Hi there! Thank you for being an Indy member. It's great to hear that Indy has been able to help your business at a fraction of the cost of the other tool you were using. I've shared your feedback about adding more customizability to documents and invoices with the team. Please don't hesitate to reach out to support if there's anything else you'd like to see on Indy.

Nica Chesca

July 2022

The best CRM for freelancers!

I rate it 10/10! Outstanding software for freelancers'

Pros

I like how Indy is very easy to use. As someone who tried other CRM and invoicing software before, I find Indy very unique because it really caters to freelancers and with that they know exactly what freelancers need. The user interface is friendly as well. You will not have a hard time navigating this CRM even if it's your first time to use one! A must use tool for every freelancing business!

Cons

I like almost everything about the app. Maybe it's the bank transfer option. If we can connect our bank to the app and clients can easily pay to the bank instead when sending an invoice.

Reasons for switching to Indy

It is very pricey and not user friendly.

Response from Indy

Hi Nica Chesca, we're happy to hear that you're loving Indy's easy-to-use productivity software. We understand the struggles of having to find the right tool for your freelance business...we're so glad you found us! We do have a bank transfer option that's integrated through Stripe. If that isn't the most ideal option, we'd love to know more. Please reach out to our support staff so we can learn more.

Emma

A really great software for contracted small business owners

Overall, Indy has made billing, invoicing, and receiving payments much easier than how I was keeping track of things before. The whole platform has reduced my time spent filing and organizing as well, and it is nice to be able to do lots of things in once place. I was introduced to Indy through User Testing and realized it was a tool I could use for my own business, and since using the Pro version for the past few months the product has only improved. The pricing is wonderful, especially for single small business owners where expenses are a huge concern, and it is definitely worth the price. I would like to see more integration with other products (like Google Drive) so the two main platforms I use can be seamlessly integrated and updated all the time no matter which platform I am in. It is an extremely helpful software and platform that I am very happy I was introduced to, and I am looking forward to future improvements and updates as time goes on.

Pros

Invoicing and Billing is the most important part of the so that I use, and the current set-up is very easy to use and saves me lots of time compared to how I kept track of my billable hours before Indy. Different features are easily integrated together, like making existing project tasks and times into tracked time sessions with billing rates. Being able to connect my existing Google calendar (which is what I mainly use to keep track of time slots for tasks) and then being able to further edit and assign tasks later on in Indy is very easy and helpful so I can quickly add tasks on the go or in the field and organize later. Having multiple and interchangeable options for payment has made accepting payments much easier and faster for my clients. Keeping projects, clients, tasks, etc. all organized and grouped together is relatively easy and is easy to do in multiple locations. The app is also great in times that I need to access info on the go or whenever I am not in front of my computer. Overall, I think everything is pretty helpful so far and is always improving.

Cons

It is sometimes unclear if assigning emails and "types" to people are going to alert them or send them emails when they are added, so having alerts or ways to confirm what is being sent and emailed (or evening having the option to not send anything without approval first) would be very helpful to make sure my clients aren't getting confused with several emails and making them use things that are not needed. When I sent out my first invoice using Indy, it was really difficult to see in preview what the final invoice and how the payment options would be displayed or how my clients would interact with it (I sent a test invoice to myself to understand so I could explain it to my clients if there were questions, but now have an archived invoice in my list that I can't get rid of now). Also, only being able to assign one client to be able to pay invoices is a little frustrating at times (I tend to work with lots of couples), so it would be helpful to have the options to assign multiple clients to be able to pay or view only. I also do not use Indy for my current contract and form templates (but I would really like to) because there is not enough editability or customizable features currently to make the forms/contracts look the way I want. Instead I use Google Suite (docs) to create these and Adobe Sign for client signatures, so it would be great to only have to use one platform to do all of this.

Reasons for choosing Indy

Pricing of other products was very high, there were features included in other products that I would not use, or there were not enough features to be able to use the product for my specific type of work. Indy seemed to be the most user friendly platform for me and my industry and was at an affordable price per month without having to make year-long, up-front commitments before using the product to make sure it was a good fit.

Response from Indy

Emma, we are so incredibly grateful for this review. It's awesome to hear how Indy has helped keep your business organized. It's even better to know where we can improve. I've forwarded all this amazing feedback over to my team for review. We'd love to speak with you further on a few points to get more information. If you're interested, please reach out to support so we can set up some time to review. Regarding sending invoices to multiple recipients with the ability to view/pay, that is something you can do but might not be so clear. When you create an invoice, it makes you select a main recipient. In the setting block to the right of the invoice editor, you can add additional recipients. When you send the invoice, each recipient has the ability to pay the invoice. I'll work with the team to improve this flow. Last, if you ever need anything at all, don't hesitate to send us a message via the in-app chat button.

Caroline

Best platform for small businesses!

My overall experience with Indy has been incredible. I worked with them when they were still known as Tispr, and even through their entire rebranding, they were super communicative and helpful. I think they're providing freelancers and small business owners with all of the tools they need to be successful. As a user, it's easy to see that the team genuinely cares about helping their customers succeed rather than just collect a subscription fee every month. Using Indy has made it easy to stay on top of the side of business that nobody enjoys (invoicing, contracts, proposals, etc.)

Pros

This website really has everything you need in order to run your small business. From invoicing, to contracts, to project management — it's truly an all-in-one tool! Plus, the price is unbeatable. I still can't believe that they offer all these tools for such a low price. It's super easy to use on both the business and client's end. I've used it since I started my business in early 2020 and haven't had any clients encounter problems with paying invoices or signing contracts via Indy. I've recommended this tool to every small business owner I know because of it's affordability and ease of use.

Cons

I would love to see more automation tools!

Reasons for choosing Indy

The pricing was unbeatable. Indy provided all of the tools and capabilities I was looking for in a product for a fraction of the cost.

Response from Indy

Caroline, thank you for you being a valued Indy member! We are so happy to hear that Indy allows you to manage your clients, contracts, and invoices with ease. Our team works hard to consistently meet and exceed our members' expectations. Thank you for the feedback on automation. I will be sure to share this with the team for feature consideration.

Replied September 2021

Lindsey

Industry: Photography

I’ll be an Indy user forever!

I love it! I’ll be an Indy user forever!

Pros

It’s so easy to use! Not only for me, but for my clients. It isn’t cluttered with random features I don’t need or excessive design elements that detract from functionality.

Cons

Honestly, I really can’t think of anything! It meets all my needs, it’s reliable, and the customer service is incredible!

Reasons for choosing Indy

I liked the simplicity as well as the functionality. It had everything I needed and it all works seamlessly! They never bring out features that they aren’t confident their users will love and utilize and I appreciate that so much.

Reasons for switching to Indy

I was looking for a platform that included everything I needed in one place. A lot of products are either geared specifically to photographers or specifically to designers. I needed something I could use for both my photography and design projects. Indy delivered!

Response from Indy

Lindsey! Thank you for being a valued Indy member. It's awesome to hear that we provide everything you need for both your photography and design projects. It makes us very happy to hear that you're able to run both your businesses on Indy with ease. Our team works hard to consistently meet and exceed your expectations. You've also been pivotal in helping us create a better product with all of your amazing feedback. We love you just as much as you love us!

Aidan

An all up invoice and contract system that doesn't drain your bank!

Very happy with the software. It's always a win when you find software that actually works at a pricepoint that makes sense.

Pros

I absolutely love the contract builder that Indy has. It's easy and intuitive to navigate. Coming from honey book for the past three years, I'm so happy I found Indy, Invoices look great and are easy to generate. the desktop and mobile app are seamless. Very happy with the functinality.

Cons

I wish there was a way to send the contract and invoice together in one email. Maybe there is a way. haven't found it out yet.

Price and function

Price and function

Response from Indy

Hi Aidan, thank you very much for sharing your feedback. We are so thrilled to hear that it is easy to create great-looking contracts and invoices while providing a seamless way to run your business while at home or on the go. Regarding sending 2 items in one email, I have forwarded this feedback to the team for feature consideration. In the meantime, you could create an invoice and share it via a link instead of the email service. Then when you create/send your contact, add the invoice link into the email body for the contract email. When your client receives the email, they'll see the block for the contract and an active link for the invoice. If you reach out to support, I can provide you with a step-by-step tutorial with images. Additionally, if you ever need anything at all, please reach out to us via the in-app support chat button.

Jenn

Great for my business needs

Customer service has been great the few times I reached out to them. They've continued to add new features (that I don't really use). It's been easy to use generally.

Pros

I use the file hosting feature mostly. I joined back when it was called Tispr and find it easy to use, especially for the cost.

Cons

There's really not anything I dislike. However, the two things I would add to the functions are 1. link tracking (how many times was a public link opened/accessed? 2. ability to create links from multiple uploaded files at once.

Reasons for switching to Indy

Cost vs storage space, ease of sharing files.

Response from Indy

Hi Jenn! Thank you for being a valued member of Indy. We're glad to hear that you've been with us for so long and have found great value in Files. Thanks for the feedback, it's helpful to know where we can improve. I've shared your feedback with the team for feature consideration.

Andrea

Great application!

Pros

I needed a simple interface for contracts and proposals and light contact management. I love that I can host forms, proposals, and contracts all in one place. You also cannot beat the price point for the value!

Cons

It's a newer program so there are some additional features I'd like to see down the road. But the price point is so good and the program itself is so easy to use that I'm willing to wait out for some additional features, like linking forms to contacts.

Reasons for choosing Indy

I wanted something a little simpler and more intuitive.

Reasons for switching to Indy

I wanted something a little simpler and more intuitive. I didn't need (or want) all of the Dubsado features; Indy provided all of the features I really wanted.

Response from Indy

Thank you for being a valued Indy member, Andrea. We built Indy to be simple yet powerful so we're glad to hear that it has all the tools and features for your business. You can add a lead from Forms as a contact by clicking the 3-dot menu next to the name and then clicking 'Add contact'. If you are looking for something different (or not seeing this on your end), please reach out to support. Also, we love feedback! You can reach out to support at any time to submit feature requests. Feedback allows us to continuously develop and improve Indy.

Rob

Industry: Graphic Design

Easiest invoice platform + best value for your money

I'm able to spend less time on invoicing and billing, literally 5 minutes to create an invoice.

Pros

First, best value for your money. Super easy to use, you're able to duplicate invoices, integrate Stripe just for certain invoices and keep track of payments all very convenient and easy.

Cons

I guess if you could import data for tax purposes that would be useful.

Too expensive

Response from Indy

Hey Rob, thanks for being an Indy member! We're happy to hear that you're loving Indy's Invoices tool. We strongly believe you should keep the money you earn which is why we've made the Pro Bundle so affordable. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback about importing tax data to the team. Feedback like this allows us to continuously improve and develop Indy. Please never hesitate to reach out to support with more feedback.

Nathan

March 2022

VERY responsive customer service

I loved their forms and their project proposals. I hit a wall with their integrations and the chat platform. They're US-centric at the moment but they told me they're rolling out international currency support in a few weeks.

Pros

Very friendly to use, very easy to integrate forms with my Squarespace website with a block of code

Cons

Integrations. Very few integrations (as yet). You would use a lot of this INSTEAD OF Google Workspace.

Reasons for switching to Indy

Bonsai hit me with a currency conversion fee when no such thing occurred. Not advertised anywhere, no explanation until I contacted support.

Response from Indy

Hi Nathan, thanks for the feedback! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed using Indy's Forms and Proposals tools. International support is something we're focusing on and we have some exciting releases coming out for that shortly. Intregations are also something we're looking into. Please let our support team know if there are any specific integrations you'd like to see (outside of the CRM and email integrations that have been discussed). All the best!

Replied March 2022

My Thoughts About Indy

Although Indy does have some bugs to work out, I really like the "all in one" nature of this platform. I like being able to use multiple tools for one low monthly cost.

Pros

I love using it for proposals, contracts, and invoices. I just love how it's an "all in one" resource (e.g., I don't need to use one platform for proposals, another for contracts, etc.).

Cons

The CRM part (or the People section as it's called) does need some work. It doesn't always let me enter the address correctly. The invoicing also needs some work. They really need to change the rate part (as not everything is per hour).

Reasons for switching to Indy

Indy was cheaper and seemed to offer more for less.

Response from Indy

Thank you for being a valued Indy member Andrew! It's awesome to hear that we provide everything you need to run your business. Thanks for the feedback, it's helpful to know where we can improve. I'll be sure to share the feedback about the address field in People being buggy to the team. When creating an invoice, you can choose to set your items at a unit or hourly rate. It comes in pre-selected as hourly but it's actually a dropdown menu. If neither of those options work, please reach out to customer support so we can get more information on what you'd like to see there.

Stephanie

December 2021

I'm obsessed with Indy

I'm obsessed. It's been helping me keep track of which clients haven't paid me (and more importantly how long it's been since they paid me) and how long it takes for my invoices to get paid in general.

Pros

Indy helps keep track of EVERYTHING. I can login every morning and know what I have to do throughout the day. I have reminders in my email about important tasks and meetings, as well as due dates that are coming up, so I know I'm staying on top of things. I'm just starting out with my business so it's very important to me to be able to deliver for my clients, and Indy has been doing a great job of making sure I don't drop the ball.

Cons

Anything I don't like has been minimal, and is usually something I can take care of on my own. For instance the client management, when sending invoices, forces you to initially address it to a specific client rather than the business that the client/contact works for. It's something I can go in and edit easily though, but it would be nice to be able to put the organization as the client and simply name contacts there without having them become the only point of contact for the organization.

Response from Indy

Hi Stephanie! Thank you for being a valued member. We're happy to hear that Indy has helped you keep track of everything so you can keep your business running smoothly. I have forwarded your feedback about creating companies as a contact with different people associated with that company. Please don't hesitate to reach out to support if you have any other feedback on what you'd like to see on Indy.

Stevee

I would purchase again and again

10/10 it makes the business side of running a busy easier

Pros

It helps keep me, as a busy entrepreneur on track with all files in the same. Cuts down on time it takes to draft contracts and documents that take away from designing

Cons

the invoice form could be more editable

Indy offers more features

Response from Indy

Stevee, thanks for the amazing feedback! We're happy to hear that Indy is making it easy for you to run your business operations. Thank you for the feedback on the invoice builder. I'll be sure to share this with the team so we can find more ways to make the form customizable.

Sara

February 2022

Streamlined

Pros

I have absolutely loved streamlining all of my processes into one platform. Being able to do project management, time tracking, tasks, contracts and invoices in one place has been a dream!

Cons

I would love to see clearer information on what using Indy is like from a client's perspective, and be able to customize that experience for more collaborative work.

Reasons for choosing Indy

Price was right, and had most of the features I was seeking.

Response from Indy

Hi Sara, thanks for taking the time to leave feedback it's greatly appreciated! We're so happy to hear how Indy has helped streamline your business. This year we are focusing on improvements meant to enhance your client's experience and make collaboration more efficient. If you'd like to know how we plan on solving this or have any other feedback to share, please reach out to our support team. We'd love to talk to you.

Replied February 2022

Quincy

December 2021

Best software for the beginning small business owner

I needed a simple service to do invoicing, possibly create standard documents to use for new clients, and at some point expand the business.

Pros

The Indy service has made the invoicing process easier, and provides a variety of ways to get paid. The UI is extremely intuitive, and its priced just right for getting started with a small business.

Cons

All the features are great, even the ones I don't use regularly look appealing. Wish there was a tax recording/filing feature included as well.

Reasons for choosing Indy

It provided invoicing, various payments methods, standard documents, simple UI, and chat all in one place.

Reasons for switching to Indy

Lack of options for payments. They are now making changes, but it's probably too late. I'm into Indy now.

Response from Indy

Hi Quincy, thanks for being a valued Indy member! It's amazing to hear that we've made the invoicing process easier. This is exactly what we were going for with all our tools we hope you see that as you test out some others. I've forwarded your feedback about a tax recording/filing feature to the team for consideration. Please don't hesitate to reach out to support if you have any other feedback. Feedback like yours allows us to continuously improve and develop Indy.

Camila

Easy to use and just what I need!

I was so thrilled when I found Indy because it offered me more of what I needed for a lower price that what I was previously using. Whenever I experience any issue, the customer service team is always quick to respond and resolve and that is a big plus.

Pros

I love that Indy offers all of the things I need in one place, without overcomplicating with too many services. The contracts, proposals, and invoices are all simple to use and allow me to keep all of these important documents organized, easily accessible, all while making the process simple for my clients. Another huge plus for me is that Indy does not charge extra for payment transactions (only the fee direct from the payment processor applies). The customer service is also fantastic!

Cons

I have noticed some glitches on the platform at rare times. I also wish that there were a few more formatting and styling options for contracts and proposals, but this is the designer in me!

Response from Indy

Thank you for you being a valued Indy member, Camila! It's great to hear all the ways that Indy has helped your business at a fraction of the cost of the other tool you were using. Thanks for the feedback on formatting and styling options. I've shared this (and the occasional glitch) with the team so they can find ways to improve on our current feature set.

Alysa

Fantastic Software for Freelancers and Business Owners

Absolutely fantastic. I use this software for my marketing business and having contracts, proposals, invoicing, time tracking, and client messaging in one place is incredibly helpful. I can't recommend Indy enough!

Pros

The software is inexpensive, has absolutely fantastic customer service, and clearly listens to what their users want with constant updates. I've now been a part of two paid interviews to talk about improving Indy and I love what I'm seeing.

Cons

There are a few bugs that pop up here but customer service is super fast at responding and always does whatever they can to improve the experience.

Response from Indy

Hey Alysa, thanks for your review! Awesome to hear that we provide everything you need at a price that doesn't break the bank. While we may experience a few bumps/bugs along the way, we're happy to hear our team has been able to resolve those issues. We'll always work hard to consistently meet and exceed expectations.