Sage Intacct Reviews

4.16 / 5 (288) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 41 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "The layout and organization of the software is easy to use."

• "The customizing of reports is great. The simplicity is nice and it's easy to navigate around and for the most part pretty easy to train on."

• "Fairly easy to maneuver around the software. "

• Cons

• "The user setup of Sage Intacct can be a bit of a hassle, but once it is done it is effortless to maintain."

• "It can be restrictive at times. It's a pro and con but it's restrictive about things I don't want it to be which can sometimes cause problems."

• "It takes a bit of time to get familiar with the reporting and dashboarding capabilities but overall it is a really good product."

Browse Sage Intacct Reviews

John from ThreatMetrix

Decent ERP software for medium, medium-large companies

Hard to get used to in the beginning (I transitioned from QuickBooks), but as you get more and more used Intacct can be very resourceful and more powerful than other, more conventional ERP systems.

Pros

All the features, and integration capacity with other software.

Cons

Can be clunky and not user-friendly in not a seasoned user. Some add-on features (like FA modules) have a lot to desire in order to be useful.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello John, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Great Accounting System, but with some limitations

We are definitely saving time with Intacct. It is so much smoother and quicker to use. The internet based software is so easy to use compared to a program.

Pros

I like how users cannot force things to work like in QuickBooks. If the rec doesn't balance, they have to figure it out. Also, there's more reporting dimensions and a rigid chart of accounts so the users cannot create their own accounts.

Cons

The reporting needs a lot of work. There are so many dimensions that exist in this software that you cannot run a report on. There also seems to be a fair amount of glitches and errors.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied September 2019

Hello! Thank you for taking timeout to write your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and welcome your insights. Please feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to talk about your experience and areas for improvement in the product. Regards, Andrew Sevillia andrew.sevillia@sage.com

Adam from CliftonLarsonAllen

Great accounting package

Overall, it has been a great experience. Support is excellent, and the company works to constantly improve the product and keep the features competitive with what's available in the market.

Pros

It's very easy to use and integrates well with a number of other products, such as MineralTree and SalesForce.

Cons

Some basic functions, such as producing manual checks and paying off credit cards, are needlessly complicated.

Michael from InMoment

Its an average accounting system

My overall experience with Intacct is overall positive. Intacct does save me significant time and effort in my everyday tasks compared with our older software. i do feel it could be improved upon further to make it a better product.

Pros

I like the fact that it is browser based through the cloud which makes access quick and easy. The modules that I use the most work very well such as Accounts Payable and Time and Expense. The General Ledger reporting function is very helpful and easy to use as well.

Cons

There are a few modules such as Prepaids, Fixed assets and Purchasing that we had purchased after the initial implementation of intacct that did not work very well initially. There were many work arounds and technical problems that created alot of unneeded headaches and work. Fortunately this has been fixed now for the most part and works well. Another issue I have is the support community that I put support tickets in when I need some help. They don't seem to know the product very well and often the solutions and advice I receive is partially right or wrong altogether. There have been instances where I have just figured it the problem myself through reading articles or experimenting with settings etc.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello Michael, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that the AP and T&E modules are working well for you. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Eric from Prime Life Insurance Ltd

Sage Intacct Personal obervation

On our case, we focus on developing core business side then integrate with Intacct via web-service, and this have been successfully, because all side of reporting, financials, UPR, etc, is managed by Sage Intacct.

Pros

1. Sage Intacct allows access anytime and anywhere (home, office, coffee shop) 2. Sage Intacct has login are very secured with different levels. 3. Sage Intacct provide financial information on detailed level by using dimensions which allows decision makers to relay on realistic information. 4. Sage Intacct is easy to use, it doesn't requires advances financial training.

Cons

1. Extracting volume data in most of time is an issue, especially Journals.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello Eric, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Nora from Optimum Business Consulting LLC

Intacct is relatively easy to use, simple interface, multi-entity flexibility. Overall good product.

We transitioned from Quickbooks to Intacct because of its abiilty to handle multi-entity and inter-company transactions. This saves us hours of work each month.

Pros

The way it handles multi-entity and inter-company transactions. Simple user interface. Easy to navigate and correct entries. Great JE upload feature.

Cons

Report writer is a bit too complicated for someone not well versed in report writers. Would be great if it worked more like a pivot table. My biggest complaint is not being able to transact in the subledger directly to a bank account.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello Nora, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use for multi-entity and inter-company transactions. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Jacob from Hope Fellowship

Highly Customizable and packed full of integrations to make the best accounting package

by using Intacct, we've been able to keep our man hours low in the accounting office. This has allowed us to put our energy toward ministries and not back office cost.

Pros

Intacct is a great foundation to our accounting package. It allows us to build in other softwares (Nexonia, Bill.com,) to make an accounting system that works for our organization.

Cons

The price is high for Intacct compared to other fund accounting platforms for churches. On top of the cost for Intacct, you pay extra for any additional platform you decide to use. We also always seems to be tweaking how we have items set up. This could be good because we'll always making it better, but sometimes wish there was just one simple way of using the product.

Vonn from Auto Simple

Great, efficient accounting software

Easy to use software and production of monthly financial statements.

Pros

Ease of use, easy to modify and look up JEs as needed.

Cons

It's great, I can't think of any negatives.

Omikka from HEC/HCU

Industry: Biotechnology

Fixed Assets Tracking

Overall, I would absolutely recommend the software.

Pros

I use this software daily to maintain and track Fixed Assets for my company. It's very easy to use and effective in the accounting piece of Fixed Assets maintenance.

Cons

It's user friendly to a fault. It's very easy to make costly mistakes because of a lack of fail-safes.

Hadi from The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE)

Industry: Oil & Energy

Good accounting system but glitchy at times

Pros

Sage Intacct has a list too many features and functionalities, but they we have found some of these, like timesheet feature, glitchy. The user interface is also overwhelming.

Cons

Lacks better user experience and user interface.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied March 2019

Hi Hadi! Thank you for submitting a review. I'm glad to hear that you're benefiting from all the features Sage Intacct has to offer! As for the new user interface, we have a couple resources that may be able to help you out in the Help Center - if you shoot me an email, I can point you in the right direction :) Thanks again!

Kat from RF

Overall great software for accounting professionals

One major problem with some accounting softwares is that the reports needed to perform analysis, checks, etc. are unavailable. Intacct's wide report customization is a great solution to this that has resulted in an overall positive experience with the software.

Pros

For those businesses and organizations looking to step up their accounting software from Quickbooks (or something similar), Sage Intacct is a great solution. While not as intuitive and user friendly as the systems designed for non-accounting professionals, Sage Intacct offers a myriad of features and functionality that is an accounting professional’s dream. One of the best features of Intacct is its reporting system. Users can run any report they could ever dream of that includes GL, AP, AR, Time & Expenses, Order Entry, Purchasing, etc. Reports are not only customizable, but savable too. Another great feature of Intacct is that the company is constantly releasing updates, which means the system is always evolving and getting better. Overall, Sage Inacct offers massive capability and is great for organizations who have outgrown smaller systems or who need greater customization.

Cons

For those accustomed to the hand holding of a software like Quickbooks, Sage Intacct can make you feel a bit alone in the woods. It, for the most part, assumes that whoever is using it is an accounting professional, capable of understanding the inner workings of AP, AR, etc. For this reason, I would not recommend the system to those who are unfamiliar with accounting procedures and systems.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied May 2019

Thank you for your review, Kat! I'm glad to hear that you're benefiting from the robust reporting within Sage Intacct. If you have any questions or if we can help with anything, please don't hesitate to reach out to Sameera at reviews@intacct.com

Joseph from Rothman Institute

Great and attentive customer service. Very accommodating with our customization and concerns.

Pros

I like the flexibility and ease of the software. It is overall simple to correct errors. I enjoy the import features for invoices and journal entries. Saves a lot of time and is user friendly, even for less experiences computer users.

Cons

The restrictions of some features and functions. I feel like the functionality is more designed by computer programmers than by actual day to day users. For example, if you are trying to create a custom report, vendor ID is stored one way when entering invoices, and another way when entering journal entries. Customer service suggested to me that I enter the vendor ID in 2 different fields (I believe Vendor_ID and APBillItem_VendorID) for all invoice imports so that I can use 1 f. This is redundant and frustrating. Also for example, you can set invoices to "warn" you if duplicate invoice numbers when manually entering, but if you are using the import feature, it will just crash. You have to de-select the "warn" option, upload the file, and then turn the "warn" function back on. This is not practical. There should be some type of override function for intentional duplicate invoice #s.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello Joseph, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and flexible. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Amanda from Halstatt

Best Saas Accounting solution

Sage Intacct is a great company to work with. Their software solution is great and easy to use. If your looking to change from an outdated solution, this should make the transition easier.

Pros

The software is great. It is super easy to use and almost impossible to break. It can be used for more than your monthly accounting. We use it to track our valuation process. It is easy to track everything in the software and perform your monthly accounting tasks. You can track t&e, ap, ar, fixed assets, and do your cash management in this solution. There are many other features that make it a best in class solution

Cons

The software itself is great. There are certain things we would like to be able to track in the software, like irr, but we also don't expect one software to do anything. There may sometimes be a lag in support getting back to you when you have issues, but nothing that is too extreme

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello Amanda, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use when you are tracking t&e, ap, ar, fixed assets, and cash management. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Toni from Marathon Mortgage Corp.

Customer support was great from the start and the program is flexible in regards to creating reports

The software allowed ability to perform accounts payable to issue cheques and to produce financial statements quickly. The 12 month report is very useful to pick up changes to values in account. The budgeting aspect is also useful for variance analysis.

Pros

I like the ability to create the financial reports and also the Dashboard reports. The payables area is easy to perform functions and the year-end close is very simple.

Cons

This program is mainly written for the US market and is not able to create an EFT file (Canadian) that can be uploaded to the bank and create journal entries simultaneously. That would benefit us to make payments that are not by cheque. The "cash" payment types are good because an e-mail can be sent: however still requires for us to do a separate EFT payment on the bank.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello Toni, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that have had a good experience with customer support and have been able to take advantage of Sage Intacct's flexibility. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Sage Intacct product review

Overall the system is easy to use and they are constantly making improvements. They are also taking user feedback into consideration and implementing it into new updates every quarter.

Pros

I really like the automatic billing capability, I can now send my invoices in 2 hours instead of 2 days. The level of details in the financial reports is exactly what our company was looking for when we switched to Intacct. The ease of having our expense reporting system and Intacct communicate is super helpful, means less manual work.

Cons

I would like to have more features when I record payments and I can't edit certain transactions. I like to drill down on come of the reports and you can't do that so finding out where that information came from is sometimes a challenge.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct and that you're saving time on invoicing. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

David from Centerline Solutions LLC

Flexible, capable, constantly upgrading software.

Pros

Intacct allows for the creation and utilization of any fields desired for your business eliminating the need for the multitude of work-arounds necessary to create detailed reports in other accounting systems. Intacct also has the most capable custom reporting interface I have utilized to date, saving hours of time formerly spent on the extraction, transformation, and production of standard company reports. Other benefits include, ability to import any type of transaction, ability to bulk export all GL transaction data (a personal favorite), a robust API allowing for integration with internal databases, payroll software, etc.

Cons

Initial setup was led by a less experienced implementation specialist which led to difficulties as we began to review and create custom reports accurately. After speaking with a consultant, we determined the issues, corrected them, and have produced real time advanced reports which have provided a level of insight which was unachievable within other accounting software.

I am a true fan of Intacct and love how much customization it allows.

We have been able to set up recurring transaction to automate similar monthly/quarterly transactions, allowing us to fully operate with less human capital, and less human errors. We've been able to increase our reporting internally with many many many custom reports to suite the needs of various stakeholders. We can see investor summaries across the entire enterprise with the multi-entity structure. We utilize upload templates often to allow us ease of entry - for example, we do monthly uploads of income allocations across every entity in one root level entry done by exporting a custom report, using excel to seamlessly do an index match and hlookup to complete the upload template, then upload! It's simple, fast, and accurate.

Pros

I love the Custom Reporting capabilities through dimension use... looking at the GL as a database structure makes the software very versatile and easy to use. The output potential is outstanding!

Cons

Cost. It's a great product, but I really wish there was a light version for our company, and for other smaller companies starting up. There is a strong market for a light version. That way the company could grow into the full version.

Louis from Rosebud Sioux Tribe

My organization has been using since October 2016 for AP, AR, Purchasing, and fund management.

By being able to automate our financial activity we have increased the amount of information available to key decision makers for more informed decisions. The amount of time it takes for us to process purchasing transactions has decreased by a dramatic amount of time .

Pros

We transitioned from a manual recordkeeping system to this electronic accounting system. This means all of our transactions are available to be reviewed at any time from anywhere. Reports are available instantaneously reflecting the latest transactions. Transactional history to review activity from creation to being posted to the GL is tremendous and helpful. The software offers many more versions of reports than was available with our prior legacy system.

Cons

One of the most difficult items with this system is that user restrictions prevent Custom Reports from being accessible to 75% of our users. The report writing tools would benefit from an overhaul to allow merging of multiple data tables and more customization of the report appearance. Also there are so many aspects affected by creating a GL Account that there is a steep learning curve in understanding where to efficiently generate new records.

Jodie from UAB Educational Foundation

The experience has been great. Very flexible and customizable software.

Pros

The flexibility of the software has to be its greatest strength. Reports, workflows, field names, etc are just a few of the customizable items in Intacct. But Platform Services allows for the development of entire applications within Intacct to support your business processes down to the most granular detail.

Cons

The reporting, platform services, and general ledger modules (the modules that our company use the most) don't seem to get very much attention in the past few years in terms of further development in the quarterly update to the software. They are very useful as they currently exist but have some long-standing limitations that don't seem to be on anyone's radar.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello Jodie, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that are taking Advantage of Sage Intacct's flexibility. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Brandy from Corporate Visions, Inc.

I have been sold on Intacct for 7 years could not ask for better.

Pros

The system is User Intuitive, training new hires on the system is a 30 minute walk through, then onto process training. Speeds up everything, have as much or as little control setup. Flex to add custom anything to make the system work for you without damaging upgrade comparability. I truly love Intacct.

Cons

The only cons I can think of is little things like not being able to unapply a CM like you can a payment. It would be great to have the ability to create product types and your price book at the same time.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello Brandy, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and that you're being able to save time. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Dimitri from Christel House Academy

Sage Intacct is a solid base that meets our business needs as a not-for-profit organization. The software is very responsive and also thoroughly integrated. I also appreciate the constant enhancement and the responsive Contact Sage Intacct Support. This level of support gives confidence in the tools and the product in general.

Pros

The software is very responsive and thoroughly integrated. I also appreciate the constant enhancement, the responsive Support team, and the frequent webinars that inform of the new changes and improve the usefulness of the software . This level of support gives confidence in the tools and the product in general.

Cons

A greater possibility of integration will make Sage Intacct even more useful and helpful to the user. Additionally, quick glances that summarize the different ways the software can be useful can be helpful to new users.

Velma from National Marine Sanctuary Foundation

I love this product. The customer support is not as efficient and responsive as the product.

Ease of use, accuracy and best of all efficient integration with other systems of my business.

Pros

I like the integration of the sub-modules and that we can share data efficiently between the various platforms we use without corrupting data integrity.

Cons

The report writer. The system is simply not intuitive unless you use regularly. While some aspects do make reasonable sense once you get back into it, it feels like the system should be more intuitive or perhaps have a working report wizard.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello Velma, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you're taking advantage of Sage Intacct's integrations. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Amanda from Halstatt

Intacct is very user friendly and you can use it in creative ways

Monthly close process is completed faster with intacct. It allows us to process and approve AP seamlessly, saving us time and money by outsourcing it to Intacct. Can use the software in creative ways, not just as bookkeeping.

Pros

Intacct makes my job so much easier. It is easy to use and is very intuitive. The software can be used in creative ways and not just as standard bookkeeping software. It integrates easily with other softwares so you can link everything together. Overall it saves us time and money.

Cons

There are very few issues with the software. I have noticed that when I'm have an issue with the software it can take a little bit longer then I would expect for the problem to be resolved. We are busy people and need our programs to be running properly to get our jobs done.

David from ModSquad, Inc.

Industry: Information Services

Intacct has revolutionized our accounting processes and is a giving us a gold mine of information.

See my review.

Pros

Ease of use. Intuitive interface. Integration with multiple Intacct Marketplace Partners. Consolidation functionality (check the box and hit consolidate and it produces reliable consistent results. Scorecards and dashboards provide a wealth of current information on the health of our business in as real time a setting as we can make it. Future roll outs promise integrated AI functionality that will be a game changer. Scalability that meets the needs of our rapidly changing business is great.

Cons

As you can tell, I am a fan of Intacct and don't have too many suggestions for improvement. It makes our life easier, more efficient and productive, and gives us the information we need.

Work with daily accounting, reporting and dashboards

Dashboard, import and export.

Pros

We chose this software to work with other existing software and it did not disappoint. We also selected this for that ability to incorporate statistical information with our financial information and create dashboards to share information internally.

Cons

There isn't really anything at this point that has caused problems or limitations. The only issue is when you export to Excel it does not use the latest version.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Since we switched from Great Plains (pc based) I can't see myself working with any other software.

It makes the monthly close faster and allows us to change things if there are errors in the account adjustments. It also enables the program managers to view their data rather than have us run reports for them.

Pros

The account string is flexible and you can query on just one dimension and it allows you to run reports over multiple years. I love that it creates the intercompany entries behind the "scene" - that was always a headache to reconcile.

Cons

The report writer is a little confusing but just had training and need time to practice. I tried to create a cash flow report from training but I got lost in all the column's and groups of groups that needed to be created. I also wish the report would display on screen when running and not only in edit mode.

Kimberly from Concordia

We have been able to streamline and sync the accounting records and processes of several sister organizations to since we began to use Sage Intacct. This has enabled comparison of financial records, effective communication within the accounting software and consistency among several organizations.

Pros

The layout and organization of the software is easy to use.

Cons

Custom reports take a long time to build. It takes a while to get all the Account Groups set up.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello Kimberly, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are finding Sage Intacct easy to use and that you've been able to streamline processes. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Nabeelah from CFOHire

customizable and user friendly

Pros

They allow you to customize your plan according to the size of your organization. Which makes it good value for money Analytics allows you to easily analyse financial position at any time. Built in automatic tax calculations, payslip creation. Easy and always up-to-date HR records. Software allows for greater internal efficiency. (granted that the employees responsible are trained to capture and input data accurately)

Cons

The initial training on the software can take some time. If your employees do not have prior knowledge of accounting systems, it may prove difficlut to train them on this software. For consistency it would be better to train your Business bookkeeper/payroll admin or Non profit grants administrator to capture accurately and then train everybody else how to understand and access reports that have been generated.

September 2016

Emily from Beacon Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

September 2016

Transitioned from Sage 50 to Intacct - 1/1/16 Go Live

Pros

There are several things I like best about this product and vendor: Product: 1) Cloud service is nice - you can access the product from any location and we have not experienced any down time to date 2) Automatic Allocations allow us to allocate invoices and journal entries upon entry instead of waiting until the end of the month 3) Reports are easy to write and very versatile 4) Dimensional tracking allows you to track more than just an account number for each transaction line item. Reports on dimensions are also great. Vendor: 1) Support is very responsive - it is extremely easy to open a support case and have an issue resolved in the same day.

Cons

I wish the general ledger reporting was more streamlined. Since we are allocating many of our invoices to multiple dimensions as they are entered, the GL shows multiple lines for each AP invoice. It would be nice if you could summarize by GL account while still allocating to different dimensions, but you cannot. This results in a much longer GL report, but we have adapted by creating additional reports to use in place of the standard GL reports.

Get's the job done

Overall, I enjoy using the product. It works well and I don't have many complaints besides the fact that it can take some getting used to.

Pros

I like that everything is very visually appealing. It's easy to see what you're working with and the accounting aspects work well for our team.

Cons

They recently did an update that changed the layout of the system and I feel like it's harder to navigate. It's not as intuitive, making it difficult to find things.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied March 2019

Thank you so much for your review! I'm happy to hear that you're benefiting from the visibility. As for the new user interface, we have a couple resources that may be able to help you out in the Help Center - if you shoot me an email, I can point you in the right direction :) Thanks again!

Love Sage Intacct

Pros

Gosh what do we not love! It does everything, the reports are so customizable, and everyone who works there is awesome!

Cons

What I personally do not like about Intacct is there is no way to see imports that are being uploaded in the queue. Sometimes I upload the same file twice and Intacct doesn't recognize it and I have duplicate files.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience customizing reports within Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Joseph from East Fork Fire Protection District

2 Plus Years Use of Intacct

At first I was not the happiest but the more I use it I have not wanted to change. I like the improvements they continue to make. I am glad I chose this software.

Pros

I love the ability to attach documents to each transaction. I like the ability to customize the software. They are upgrading their report writer. I have not used it yet but it is supposed to be very easy to use.

Cons

I have not spent a lot of time with the reports. Creating custom reports is a process. On some screens I wish it showed totals at the bottom but I have to export and then total up the amount. That is from a certain view. If I created a report it would have the totals.

Easy to use product.

core accounting features.

Pros

UI is easy to use and new users pick up the core functionality quickly. Basic navigation is intuitive and easy to get started.

Cons

Intacct seems to be in a state of change and processes are breaking down. Things that used to be resolved quickly are taking longer to get resolved. Example: We were without an account manager for a couple of months after our AM left Intacct. We had requested some consulting services to implement two modules and the SOWs went months without being prepared. Reports are built as if we would be printing them. I just want to get raw data, not formatted reports and graphs.

Don from Healthx

Generally pleased with Intacct. Have not tested its capabilities yet, but have had good success.

Ability to run our accounting processes with an easy to maintain product.

Pros

UI is good. Ease of maintenance. General ease of use. Functionality is adequate and improving. Like the newly develop Contracts module, though pricing was wrong and made our purchase difficult.

Cons

Reporting package needs help. Have heard and seen hope for better functionality, but have yet to see delivery. Fearful that advanced reporting will be an option, which would not be good! Detailed TB is getting out of control with unnecessary attachment of dimensions to balance sheet accounts. Need to find a way to turn that off (hopeful it can be done).

Jessica from Groom Energy Solutions LLC

Fast and Easy

Pros

Intacct is very easy to use and really fast as well. You can create and run reports that drill down to GL and subledger data with ease. Compared to other ERP systems I have used, I like Intacct the best. It also has a very open architecture making systems integrations very smooth.

Cons

Tickets logged with customer support often take weeks to months to resolve.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied April 2019

Thanks for your review, Jessica! I'm happy to hear that you're benefiting from the reporting within Sage Intacct! As for any outstanding support tickets, or other questions you may have, feel free to reach out to Sameera at reviews@intacct.com with any questions or concerns. Thanks again!

The Intacct team is 100% customer success focused

Pros

The open platform allows us to choose best in breed solutions across the company and then integrate it all together to reflect financials and reporting.

Cons

If you don't know what you're doing or have a good trainer, it may take a little while to get familiar with the navigation.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find it easy to integrate solutions across the company to reflect financials within Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Melissa from Missouri State Teachers Association

Intacct has met all our needs and allowed us to reduce the time needed to close our books each month

Pros

The user friendliness makes it easy to train staff, the import feature saves us time when entering data and the ability to budget and expense to different dimensions.

Cons

I wish the reporting was a little more flexible and I am patiently waiting for the new reporting to be released.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello Melissa, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and that you're saving time during month end close. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Michael from Infinity Hydrocarbons, LLC

Industry: Oil & Energy

Fantastic Platform ERP for all Company Sizes Geared to Partner with Other Best in Class Solutions

This is a fantastic core system to build all of your companies technology solutions around.

Pros

*Extremely intuitive/easy to use *Phenomenal core financial package *Built to integrate with best in class solutions/systems (e.g. Salesforce.com) *Easy to tailor fields to your business *Ability to customize *Upgrades are seamless *On-line help functions are great *True cloud based solution (how it started and has always been) *Annual price increases are fair (esp. vs. Tier 1 ERPs)

Cons

*Very difficult to find developers with experience on this platform for contract or hire *Customer service is just ok; of course we don't pay for the enhanced service & fortunately rarely need it since so easy to use *Not the cheapest solution; but value is there

Mandy from Zelkova

Looking for a Financial Softare to replace QB?

Overall, we have had a good experience. However, we have an implementation team that is working with us to make sure that our input from QB is seamless.

Pros

I love this cloud-based system where approving and reporting features are accessed from any mobile device. We are just implementing this system - replacing quickbooks - and it is streamlining our business.

Cons

This is a true accounting system that truly automates financial procedures. However, it might confuse the non-accounting folks in your office. Some processes can be more cumbersome than an automated QB system (for example: credit card and ACH processing).

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello Mandy, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are able to streamline processes and access information remotely. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Kari from Air Force Association

Great Financial System for Nonprofits

Pros

As a program manager, this is a great product for staff to be able to oversee individual program budgets. I use it daily to track how things are being coded against my programs and report on my program financials.

Cons

The HR purchase request feature leaves a lot to be desired. It is ok for a basic function but not set up for detailed requests.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied April 2019

Hi Kari! Thanks for leaving a review. I'm glad to hear that you're having a positive experience using Sage Intacct and that you're being able to track program budgets. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Sameera at reviews@intacct.com with any questions! Thanks again :)

Lorena from Moonridge Management

Intacct is one of the best accounting programs I've ever worked with. Easy to use.

Pros

Intacct is easy to navigate and user friendly. I can usually find my way through reports and pages without having to use a manual or call support. There are always updates done on the program so it's always running at its best. There are many customizable reports for all different needs and all members of the company. I truly enjoy working with Intacct.

Cons

The only thing I'd like is to have bigger text boxes where I can view the memo descriptions by just rolling my mouse over the box instead of having to click it to see everything.

Recent Migration away Quickbooks

Pros

Flexibility and the ability to handle enterprise amount of PO's. We migrated away from Quickbooks and Intacct can handle our higher volume of invoices each week. We currently run about 300-500 invoices each week and Quickbooks was unable to keep up with our demand. Since switching over to Intacct, our process has gotten much smoother.

Cons

There is not a direct intagration wiht Salesforce.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that Sage Intacct has been able to meet your weekly invoice requirements, Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Brittany from Strategic Accounting Outsource Solutions

Love Intacct

streamlined our clients, streamlined our process.

Pros

It is straightforward and user friendly! I love the option to customize so many features and invoice templates/statements/email templates, etc. The functionality they allow you to customize i feel is a major benefit even though it takes major setup sometimes.

Cons

The AP module is a struggle with credits. I know they are working on it but we need more functionality to apply credits. I also hope they will improve the emails that go out from the system and ensure they don't get stuck in people's spam.

Elaine from CoreNet Global, Inc.

This is one of the better Accounting Software that I've used. I love the ease of correcting entries

I love the ease of use and the ability to quickly correct entries.

Pros

I love the ease of making corrections to the financials. I also like the ACH feature of Accounts Payable as well as the auto-population of Accounts Payable as well as the ability to attach invoices, which allows for the entire Payables process to become paperless. This product also automatically perform the 2nd entry on the subsidiary books, when inputting a Source Company.

Cons

The Purchasing piece does not keep the original date; which makes it hard to book to the correct period. Also the fact that you have to keep running Registers to see what was paid to avendor. There is no quick summary feature.

We have quite an uncomplicated business structure so Intacct does more than enough for us

Reporting is much quicker and more in depth than what we were previously using. Data entry is easy.

Pros

It's very easy to use, except maybe the report writer which takes a bit of learning. It looks good. The dimensions help us split reports in different ways. Easy to audit.

Cons

Tracking an item through from the cash register to the point of entry is difficult. There are about 5 different screens you have to click through and sometimes it looks like an accounts payable item has been split into different lines when in fact it has not.

Mike from Pursue Health, LLC

Intacct

Pros

Frequent feature updates to improve product effectiveness.

Cons

Having multiple locations, it can be very time consuming to do certain tasks. For example, cutting checks, we have to go into each individual location to select the checks.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied November 2018

Hello Mike, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy the frequent updates and product improvements, Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct

Isabel from New Life Community Church

It added a high efficiency to our processes

Pros

How it can email scheduled financial reports, the dashboards accessible for locations financial liaisons and graphs that combine accounting records with statistical metrics. This system has greatly improved the ability to communicate with many local leaders.

Cons

Very rigid with some AP and AR processes. Not intended for non accounting users . Still unable to clear some credits in the AP aging report. Credits that were given after closing utilities accounts and not able to apply to next invoice.

March 2014

Kenny from Plexxi, Inc.

March 2014

Implemented in 2013 and using 90% of available modules day-to-day

Pros

The product has an extreme ease of use aspect to it that can make a finance person highly valuable in the world of business operations. The quarterly feature updates are "meat and potatoes" and not "fluff," which actually impacts its user community. The integration with Salesforce and Avatax to Intacct in the world of purchase to pay (expense reporting and purchasing) and quote to cash (including rev rec) is really cool. The ability to focus on transaction definitions vs. recording manual debits and credits is a huge benefit. 90% of my time can then be spent on more crucial business work and not bookkeeping!

Cons

The user base at Intacct appears to be in large part built with a lot of focus to non-hardware/software manufacturing customers. The way the Inventory module integrates with Order Entry could use some work, specifically around valuation, opening up the ability to grab metadata fields linked to Items, and general reporting (custom or standard). I understand that no product is perfect, but I would love to get more efficiency out of this module.

Promising but buggy

I like it overall, but has lots of room for improvement

Pros

Having everything on the cloud is great, and it has a bunch of great features that can really streamline your accounting process. Very nice to be able to easily access everything from one system and the ability to save report criteria is great for monthly tasks.

Cons

It can be buggy and slow, and customer support is lacking. Has trouble with multicurrency transactions and does not revalue accounts each month are current FX Rates

Nicolle from Skils'kin

Overall

Pros

Fairly easy to maneuver around the software.

Cons

Platforms services is not the easiest platform to build reports out of. It's not very intuitive. Customer service can take a while to get things resolved.

Response from Sage Intacct

Replied October 2018

Hello Nicolle, Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help! Sincerely, Andrew Sevillia Sr. Manager, Customer Marketing Sage Intacct