• Pros

• "As a business owner who is not overly IT savvy - really enjoy the ease of use of Invoicely. Provides it core offering really well - send out and reconcile invoices very easily."

• "* easy to enter client and invoice items * easy to structure things * love having the permalink to an invoice for sending to a client"

• "It provided an easy to use and consistent template for making invoices. I have just begun freelance work and it has made invoicing significantly easier. "

• Cons

• "There are a few tasks that maybe can be achieved more directly with fewer clicks and in the case of doing work like this (pesky billing tasks), more efficiency is always better. "

• "There are limited features on the free plan - you have to upgrade to really use the software. "

• "Can be a bit confusing at the beggining, specially for non-english speakers (I think they should add a good traslated versionof the web). Their notifications emails keep getting in the spam folder."

Browse Invoicely Reviews

Peter from Peter Bennett Music

Very clean, crisp and fast system with great feedback about invoices sent by email or text.

It has pushed me into being more 'paperless' - delivering invoices by email or txt when possible. Early days but I'm hoping it will make me more efficient and help me deliver a more professional image over invoicing clients. It would allow me to produce invoices when on the road which before I couldn't do.

Pros

This is the fastest business web app I've ever used, faster than many 'local' systems. An unexpected benefit for me was the feedback it gives when sending invoices by email or a link to the invoice by sms text - it lets me know that the client has seen the invoice.

Cons

I find entering payment details for checks a bit too 'free form' - its just a text box for check #, date or whatever. But I admit I'm not exactly sure what needs to be recorded about checks, I may be OTT.

I Love Invoicely

Invoicely allows me to easily track my time, which has enabled me to create more accurate project estimates. It's smooth as butter to use and I highly recommend it for small businesses.

Pros

One of the best things about Invoicely is the time tracking feature. I love being able to easily track how much time I'm spending on what.

Cons

When sending invoices, you can address them to more than one person. However, the recipients can't see that others were cc'ed. So I've had countless experiences where a recipient in Accounting will reply by forwarding the invoice to my main contact, who I had included on the invoice, or the main contact will reply by forwarding to Accounting, who I had included on the invoice. Basically each thinks the other wasn't included, and this creates more emails and a bit of confusion. The workaround I've adapted is including a note with each invoice telling multiple recipients that they've all been included and are all receiving the same invoice.

Reasons for Choosing Invoicely

Invoicely has a cleaner interface. If I remember right, the pricing is slightly better too.

Wayne from ekm.com

Really good solution for small businesses

I run a small online shop as a side business and Invoicely helps me handle invoicing for it .

Pros

You can generate invoices for all kinds of currencies and effectively use it all around the world . The program is affordable at the basic level and relatively easy to use .

Cons

It's suitable for small or medium operations as I do not think Invoicely handles scaling that well . While you can automate invoice generation it is not that quick and the branding options leave a lot to be desired .

Russell from Island Mowing Co

Never could use

Quit using this app. Designers forget to keep it as simple as an inbouce you can allow clients to pay on...thats it...

Pros

We never got passed signing up and creating invoices. We are looking for a much easier simple clean invoice app

Cons

We never continued using. Could not ever get first invouce completed and accept payments

Reasons for Switching to Invoicely

They started using PayPal for payment transaction and PayPal asks for and requires way too much and is intrusive into our business info. They took over 6 days to verify bank acct not allowing us to invoice at all for over a week..

Rafael from Big Mastering

Industry: Music

Super easy to use, is a huge help

Very happy, will upgrade to paid service once needed

Pros

Creating invoices and tracking them is so easy compared to a manual system. Considering it's free, it's a no brainer

Cons

An automated on-boarding session for creating an invoice how you like would be good. I had to look through settings to do so.

Reasons for Choosing Invoicely

First one I tried and it has worked very well

Divan from Artillery Design

Invoices Done!

Invoicely is a very handy program that makes day to day invoicing easy and effortless.

Pros

Invoicely offers small companies, entrepreneurs and start-up users a great opportunity to keep track of their finances with an easy to use and easy to navigate the invoicing system. Logging in is seamless and the dashboard offers great versatility by generating income reports as well as tell you what amount of money is still due.

Cons

There is no mobile app and a free account won't allow you to generate an estimate on your work.

Reasons for Choosing Invoicely

Offers a free plan for users with a limited budget

Simona from Simona Zukaite Events

Great, intuitive, easy to use software

In less than 15min I have signed up and starting issuing invoices.

Pros

I was looking for an easy to use software that also had a free element as I only need it occasionally. It was extremely intuitive and really enjoy using it so far. Definitely recommend!

Cons

The interface is little bit confusing on how to edit existing but not yet sent invoices. Took a couple of tries to figure it out.

Reasons for Choosing Invoicely

Invoicely had a free basic option for the small needs that I have right now. It is also scaleable which is great for when the business grows.

Anisha from The Paper Crane Co.

Good, but there are better options for free!

I needed something to get me started to create professional-looking invoices, and an app that would help me track payments and income - this was great for that. Unfortunately, there better software out there that is free to use for all features.

Pros

I liked the dashboards and the ease of getting started with the product - it doesn't take long to figure out how to use it. You can also customize the invoices, and I like the fact that the email sent out is system generated - it saves me the hassle of coming up with the content myself.

Issam from K2

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Good for what I need

Overall I am satisfied with Invoicely for running an SME. Does the job and automated my invoicing process.

Pros

I really like the flexibility and the accessibility of Invoicely. It saves me a lot of time.

Cons

The application is very rich and straight forward. I think one of the not well organised sections is the Clients. Invoicely treats Clients and Suppliers in the same location which could cause confusion with Bills and Invoices.

Reasons for Choosing Invoicely

It was simple to access and not too complicated to configure.

Mike from M tech Evo's

So Easy

Enjoying the ease of use, the straight forward set up & the speedy online help when required

Pros

I love the ease of use o this product as I'm a novice, I look forward to adding upgrades as my knowledge expands

Cons

I haven't made full use of all the services this products supplies but for basic invoicing I have found now flaws as yet

Reasons for Choosing Invoicely

The ease of set up & use with logos, and pricing on up grades for the future

Prashant from F1soft

Industry: Program Development

A platform targeted to small business owners and freelancers

I love the fact I can add my company logo and to save various copies before sending. Another feature I liked is the "invoice reviewed" email that let's me know that the client has received and opened my invoice. The software allows me to have a list of clients, and to easily update invoices which simplifies my process and saves my time. Invoicely helps me with everything, from dealing the invoice to sending the email and keeping track of everything.

Pros

Invoicely lets you send and track all your invoices from a single platform and it's customizable and easy to use. It comes with many invoicing and accounting features for your business. It's so easy to set up and customize the professional looking invoices in any language. Before you proceed on creating invoices you can estimate the data first and then convert them into invoices, and also setup recurring invoices profiles. You can have a record of all your past transactions between your business and a client, so that you can view and send account statements at any time. There are so many features in Invoicely, that would make your working easier, like adding taxes, discounts or shipping details to any product or invoices totals, you can easily manage them with Invoicely. Invoicely would make the payment process easier, by letting clients pay directly on your invoice, you can receive instant online payments without any further delay. The pros of this software includes: 1. Unlimited Invoices and customers: There's no limit to the amount you can send or how many different customers you can send the invoices to, well this feaure of sending invoices is absolutely free. 2. Easy to setup and use: The user interface is intuitive, and all you have to do to send a first invoice is creating an account and follow a few steps to get you up and running with Invoicely. It's easy to explore and use the features of Invoicely. 3. Keep things organized.

Cons

- Email customizations are available only on the paid plan. - Once I had a situation where I needed to contact support for and I never got a response and that's one of the reasons I haven't gone to the paid version. - Line items & discounts are not editable, so every time I had to create a new one. For example, If I had to change the line title or amount, currently I would have two options, either to create a new "saved line item" or change the amount manually everytime I use that line item. If Invoicely could update the current "saved line item" it would be great.

Valentina from Andbam

Satisfied

the overall functioning of the program it's quite good. They let you know when you're invoice has been read and always keeps you in the loop. I don't normally use this kind of programs for my freelance services but I would consider use this one on my future proyects.

Pros

Before Invoicely I used to use Hubstaff for sending my company invoices, every two weeks. This one has a different interphase but it's very easy to use, the overall functioning of the program it's quite good. They let you know when you're invoice has been read and always keeps you in the loop with their emails. Althought they can get to the spam folder, so I would recommend to check in there . I don't normally use this kind of programs for my freelance services but I would consider use this one on my future proyects.

Company decision

Subhashish from Digital Science Web Technologies P. Ltd.

I have been using invoicely since long and always had a great ease of use experience and happy

This software has always amazed by their services as not other free software has ever provided such extended support and maintain data for so long. This is an amazing software and recently I became a paid user. Happy to continue working on invoicely.

Pros

The software is easy to use. Its mostly free and still allows you to manage everything that is important to your business. I have been managing 100s of my clients and thousands of invoices till date without any problem. The print to PDF feature as well sending a direct link with payment option to client helps to receive payments directly to our account without any hassle. It has made managing multiple companies with ease too. Its not loaded with too many features like other software and compiles with all the necessary stuff that is really required.

Cons

If the system could enable some graphical reports based on the requirement would be great this is just a suggestion again but not a complaint this is the best software out their

If you're a small business...

We're keeping track of clients and payments that need to be made.

Pros

If you're a small business Invoicely is for you. It's the easiest and simplest platform available to invoice detailed things, especially for creative people and agencies. It has automatic email reminders, a great aesthetic and if you're just a small fry... it's absolutely FREE.

Cons

Unfortunately I haven't found any integrations with accounting software so data entry is all manual.

Great Little Invoicing Software

It's a good experience, and better than the solution I had before. I like it quite a bit and hope they continue to do exactly what they're doing.

Pros

Invoicely provides a good product at a fair price including a free tier that offers a lot of helpful features for the freelancer or individual needing invoicing software to make quick work of those pesky billing tasks. They offer extras beyond the free tier that could benefit growing organizations and folks with more robust needs. The interface is good and clean and it's, overall, very well done.

Reasons for Choosing Invoicely

It was the best and had a good "freemium" offering that allowed me to work with it.

Review For Invoicely

Overall excellent but they should have mobile application so we can access it on our cellphones.

Pros

If you are looking for effortless invoicing, invoicely is perfect invoicing for you. They accept the online payment You can redesign it you can add your company logo, specific color scheme etc. You can use it for more than one business different invoice for each of your business. It also have free plan.

Cons

I used it for 12 months and i found nothing wrong. It's user friendly and simple but they don't have mobile app that's one con i found.

Erik from Wazoo Enterprises Inc.

easy for data entry but has some unobvious functionality

I'm trying to solve the need to pay another similar service when all I want is to keep track of invoices. I was hoping Invoicely could take care of this for me. The overall "first entry" into the system is great, and very clean. I love having the published permalink idea. Just really disappointed that there was no obvious way to enter in older paid invoices from previous quarters, and REALLY don't like having the system auto-generating emails to my clients.

Pros

Cons

* no (obvious) way to enter invoices, including first-generated and paid dates from the past. I'm evaluating Invoicely as a replacement for FreshBooks and tried to enter my invoices from my first quarter * there was also no (obvious) way to set the invoice paid date to anything other then "today" * when I did set an invoice to paid, I was horrified to discover that the system had auto-emailed (without warning / notifying me) my client -- over an invoice that was already paid in Jan 2018.

Andrew from IRM Systems PL

Industry: Environmental Services

Great ease of use

Simple, easy to use step up from sending customers excel or PDF invoices. Straightforward dashboard with ready oversight of what has been paid and what is outstanding. A great choice if you need something easy to use. Lots of software that promises ease of use - Invoicely delivers on that promise.

Pros

Cons

None. Does everything we need it to. We enjoy the fact that is doesn't have a million features - just straightforward and easy invoice generation and tracking.

The easiest invoicing tool I've ever used

Pros

As a freelancer, I need something that allows me to keep on top of my invoicing without manually keeping sending reminders. Invoicely allows me to look at what is outstanding by a number of days and trigger a reminder email. I like the dashboard showing me running totals of invoices and the messages how customizable the whole process can be.

Cons

I used the free version until I had to upgrade due to wanting to create recurring monthly invoices. Not the end of the world as well worth the money to save time.

James from ProHub Consult

Industry: Research

Easy To Use App for Invoicing

It was almost free and can do the basic things we needed to be done at the time.

Pros

Invoicely makes it easy to save time for other things. It has enabled me to create accurate project estimates, which I easily converted into invoices. The app is easy to use and is recommended for small businesses.

Cons

It was not easy finding some key settings on the app. Also, the app very limited invoice templates to choose from, compared to other apps or services we had used in the past.

Andreea from Alternatives In Surrogacy

Andreas my customer support agent literally saved my job. Thank you Andreas you are amazing

Pros

Easy to use. I have had great feedback from clients who are receiving their invoices and its a very easy system that keeps track of everything.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say at the moment; however, I think that with live telephone contact where you can speak to customer support, would be awesome.

I used this software for a family member who owed me money and it was simple and to the point

It helped me get the money owed to me for work I had done.

Pros

The software is simple and easy to navigate. I could use it to send to anyone who I needed to pay me money owed to me even a family member who we all know are the hardest people to get payment from because they think they should get everything for free since they are family. The software is precise and to the point, I would recommend this to anyone.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software. It was easy to navigate through. I could easily understand where I needed to put each item. Wheather you have a new business or an old one I would say use this software simply because of it.

Lucinda M from LM Translations

Industry: Translation and Localization

Have used invoicely happily for years: when I need customer support it exceeds expectations

Pros

Keeps all my billing organized at very low cost; provide tax info, etc with no fuss at all. Options for communicating with clients in various languages.

Cons

One fairly subtle thing is that changes to invoices, ie., must be manually saved sometimes else they don't register.

Mark from Trail Treker, LLC

Perfect for Sole Proprietors

I wanted a simple way to invoice clients and track who paid and who didn't. Emailing them is all I needed. And all of this for free. My experience couldn't have been better. Thanks Invoicely! Hopefully I grow into needing more of their services.

Pros

It did exactly what I needed it to do--for FREE! Enter my customer address, personalize the template with my logo and info, create an invoice, email it, track payments, and view and re-print a past invoice if needed.

Cons

It is ever so slightly clunky in a couple spots not allowing me to view an invoice and just mark it paid, but once you understand the flow, it just works.

Reasons for Choosing Invoicely

It had all the functionality I need right now for free.

Reasons for Switching to Invoicely

I tried Reliabills.com prior to finding Invoicely only to find after going through invoice creation that they wanted money to send an email, so I kept looking and found this perfect (for me) solution.

ANTONIS from www.antonisdelta.com

Love it ! So useful and user friendly.

Pros

Invoice management is now super easy using this product, especially tracking your client payments and invoices, organizing your client list and their personal details, scheduling and sending automated invoices. Really useful for freelancers and small studios but also for any business.

Cons

The tax calculation needs update and there are some minor issues concerning the currency exchange rates when paying to a different country or currency. Apart from these ones, everything works fine!

Andrea from In Bloom Births

Easy to use, functional invoicing app

Pros

Simple to setup, simple to use and navigate, and makes tax season super simple so a small business.

Cons

The invoice emailing options seem to be a bit redundant, and it often sends more copies than I'd like, and I'm still uncertain whether my client is receiving all of the notifications I am that an invoice has been updated!

Raghav from HYPE Luxury Car Rentals

Its great and at HYPE we love using it. Sooper easy and useful!

Simplicity in invoicing yet professional neat and clean

Pros

Simplicity, flexibility and startup friendly. We love using it for invoicing, billing and sending reminder by downloading the Record. It offers flexible editing and recording functionality.

Cons

Easy to capture details and easy to operate. We would like more if you develop a simpler Sales lead capture feature with this so that we can capture sales leads, convert it into a business, invoice and close it. It means a perfect solution end-to-end

Pat from Green Bay Kiwanis Club

Excellent invoicing application

Very easy to manage the financial side of our group.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and the ability to customize the invoices to make it work for our group.

Cons

Would like a mobile app for the software, however you're able to use it currently on a mobile phone without an app. It would just make it more easier to use.

Loyal customer

Great

Pros

User friendly design interface, flexible..

Cons

There were some limitations in the beginning, but over the years it has been improved..

matt from Athens Interpreter.com

EASY TO USE

very easy to use online software and much appreciated are the user friendly colors.

Pros

very easy to use and keep track of all clients and invoices! amazingly fast usage and user set up! i def recommend it to anyone who wants to keep track of invoices on a cheap but good and working budget!

Cons

nothing to dislike when its cheap and good!

Reasons for Choosing Invoicely

easy to use just like KISS.. Keep it Simple and Stupid! (for all users to use)

Julia from Serendipity Cleaning

Beautiful Displayed Invoice Creator

I got to create beautifully laid-out invoices. I was able to itemize and more. I am able to encrypt in email or fax it, which is useful for certain clients.

Pros

It is very easy to use, and the aesthetics are over the top. The software doesn't look like it is from the 90's, but has a modern, hip look, to the interface. The name is convenient as well.

Cons

I would say the only issue I had is verifying that I sent the invoice to the proper address. I always had to Cc myself.

Liz from Kruger Pride Safaris

Good system. Easy to use but difficult (for me) to find out how to do certain things.

Saving time. Ease of use. Our clients seem happy with the invoices they are getting from us. I just find receipting a problem.

Pros

It is very quick. I like that clients are automatically set up and Items can be saved. This saves a lot of time. Also the automatic invoice numbering.

Cons

We cannot put our payment bar code on to the invoice so I have to send clients two separate e-mails. We use Zapper and require a 50% deposit on invoice, but that is a bit of a problem.

Joe from Travelling Politico

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Efficient and time saving

I used Invoicely to create and send invoices for my PR work. It cut down the time to request my payments and made my job easier when filling in my tax returns.

Pros

Invoicely is an important tool for freelancers who have a multitude of clients requesting invoices but a lack of time to manually create them. Invoicely automatically creates and sends invoices to clients, includes relevant costs and branding, and invoices are stored for easy collation.

Cons

Sometimes the software seems to send multiple invoices repeatedly to the same client email address, which can reflect badly on the user.

Vanessa from The flourished Collective

Industry: Cosmetics

Amazing program

Amazing

Pros

I love the structure and clear and easy to use.

Cons

Not being able to update the amount deposit paid eg putting $100 deposit paid to then be deduced off the invoice

Prabu from Paretoid Consulting - a Subashakthi Company

The get-it-done invoicing solution

Pros

- Makes you look professional - Ability to add logo and brand colours - Easy to use - Clean invoice layout

Cons

- Email customizations are available only on the paid plan - No integrations with other software viz. Toggl and Asana

Nara from Saltree

Industry: Printing

Simply Superb

I run a fine art printing service company from India. Invoivcely takes care of my company's Printing service. I no longer need to track the invoices,payment dues in old fashioned way.

Pros

Ease of Use. Supports all currencies. Intuitive and user friendly.

Cons

None,at the least,i haven't encountered it. Perhaps,you should offer a very low montly plan($5) for small business companies like ours.

Heather from Self employed

Industry: Writing and Editing

Decent alternative

I came across Invoicely when I was looking for a way to generate professional invoices for freelance clients. It was easy to set up and worked quite well for me.

Pros

Overall, it was easy to set up invoicing with this platform and to customize my invoices for my business.

Cons

I ultimately left because I was unhappy with the reliance on PayPal and wanted to move away from them.

Darren from ThreeD

Industry: Graphic Design

I am freelancing, and using invoicely FREE. It helped me manage my Bills receivables and payables.

Helped manage my bills receivables and payables. Made my business look professional.

Pros

Easy to Use. Management made easier. Simple and not complicated. Bills generated quick and calculations maintained correctly. Helped make my business look professional

Cons

I am using for free so I lack the features of Estimates and few more. However with all what I have I am very happy and have no negative comment

Amy from Hip Gloss Productions

Industry: Import and Export

Overall I have had a great experience using this software.

Pros

This software does just what I need. Create invoice. Save as a pdf. Email to the client. Send a url to the client. Nice feature set.

Cons

the only con I have for this software is when emailing a client their invoice the return address is something very generic and confusing to the client and sometimes ends up in junk folder.

East Tool for Creating Invoicely

Amazing! Love it!

Pros

Super easy to create and invoice and send it electronically to your client, as well as keeping track of past invoice. It also connects with Gusto for easy payment

Cons

One time I spend 4 hours inputting my expenses and accidentally clicked on the back button and everything was lost. Wish there was an autosave feature.

Pavel from Vittali OU

Great service for microbusinesses

Pros

Usability, functionality. Easy to set up and work.

Cons

No Russian as web-interface language. No standard VAT and tax rates for the EU.

It's so beautiful

Pros

-It's beautiful and clean. -You can create invoices for multiple business (paid plan). -There is a free plan available (not just a trial). -The free plan has pretty much everything a solo practitioner would need, including payment integration (PayPal only). -Paid plans are very affordable and a good value.

Cons

The only thing I dislike about this software is that it isn't a scheduler with integrated billing and invoicing. Because of this, I don't have any use for this gorgeous, intuitive app. Womp, womp.

Sarah from 2DC

The Free Version Is More Than Enough!

Pros

I love the ease of being able to switch line items from hours worked to a custom rate. Many other platforms make me go back into the settings to change this. I think the "boiler plate"/template verbiage that is used for sending the invoices is awesome as well. The Paypal payment integration is flawless as well. Um, let's not forget the free version allows you to do so much. The only reason I upgraded to the next level paid account is so that I could do Estimates.

Cons

I did have an issue where my time was not calculating properly. I contacted Customer Service and they were able to promptly assist me. I wish there was an option to allow my clients to pay with their credit cards

Carol from Education

Good

Good

Pros

Easy to use, friendly and you can send invoice directly from program.

Cons

Match invoice with payments is missing, so I cant have net income.

Gareth from Information Technology and Services

Awesome

I'm loving it and will use it always

Pros

Its free and works like a charm. Best platform ever

Cons

None. It's perfect. Just the way it is. Thank u

hebert from JAPÃO MAIS FÁCIL

Pros

Easy to use, good free version, noob friendly

Cons

Nothing, everything is great amd easy to use

Sylvia from Alex Lowery Speaks About Autism

Great App to help with sending out invoices.

Pros

I have really enjoyed using this App and would recommend it to others. It is easy to use and produces professional invoices for clients.

Cons

I would like to be able to make copies of invoices and change them slightly for the next client. I am only using the free software at the moment so it may be different if you pay a monthly fee.

Young from Tiger Jo's Top Martial Arts

I should have gotten this program long ago to generate our invoices!

Pros

Previously, I had to use Microsoft Excel to generate an invoice for our clients. However, this Invoicely made the generating invoices so much easier; anyone can do it!

Cons

I so far really like everything; it sometimes crashed on our computer, put I have an absolute confidence that Invoicely will fix the matter soon!

Beatrice from Consultant

This is a great product but I would love to be able to track items.

Pros

Really easy to use and pretty self explanatory. I like that we can store client details, create new invoices so easily, have records of payments and payments due so easily.

Cons

I would like to be able to have a database of items, so that as one types in products there is predictive text and possibly a pricing database.

Great for freelancers making invoices

Used as a freelance writer/editor, proofreader, and translator.

Pros

Great for making invoices, which I do all the time as a freelancer! The templates make it very easy to use.

Cons

Nothing I can think of the moment; it meets my needs as a freelance writer/editor, proofreader, and translator.