All QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

CharRon

Entertainment, 2 - 10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2021

Keep yourself in business with Quickbooks

Kavindu Githsara

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Streamlining Your Finances with QuickBooks Online Advanced

Overall, QuickBooks Online Advanced has been a valuable tool for our business. The user-friendly interface and automatic data backups have made it easy to use and the advanced reporting and inventory management features have provided valuable insights into our financial performance. While there are some limitations, such as limited customization options and higher cost, the benefits of this software outweigh the cons for our business.

PROS

As a user of QuickBooks Online Advanced, I have found it to be a reliable and user-friendly accounting software for our business. One of the biggest advantages of this software is the user-friendly interface that makes it easy to navigate. This has been a huge time-saver for my team, as we don't have to spend hours trying to figure out how to use the software. Another great feature of QuickBooks Online Advanced is the automatic data backups. Not only that, but also the advanced reporting and inventory management features have also been a great asset to our business, allowing us to track our inventory in real-time and generate detailed reports on our financial performance.

CONS

One of the downsides of QuickBooks Online Advanced is the limited customization options for invoices and purchase orders.

Lisa

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Veteran User of QBO

Overwhelmingly positive. I find it very intuitive. It does the job and I enjoy using the software. It doesn't frustrate me.

PROS

The reporting is good, the system is robust, the bank rec works, a lot can be automated, I use the payroll feature too which saves a lot of time.

CONS

The pension connection keeps not sinking so I manually have to go to the NEST website to enter in the numbers.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Everything was starting to go online, and so I made the switch. Initially, the desktop version was better, but with time, the product updates have made QBO a good choice. I was also using back ups, and occasionally, I'd worked on something, not sent it back to the office on time, they'd continued to work with the older back up version so data was lost. With QBO online, no backups were needed and more than 1 person could be logged in at a time.

Kaitlin

Renewables & Environment, 11-50 employees

Mad at Quickbooks

We are very displeased with Quickbooks Online and will be looking for another program.

PROS

We liked Quickbooks Desktop, and Quickbooks is discontinuing that program, so we were forced to switch. The thing we liked most was not having QuickBooks onlinr.

CONS

QuickBooks desktop is nothing like Quickbooks online. They may have well been written by completely different companies and the learning curve is impossible.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Quickbooks forced us to switch, because they are discontinuing Quickbooks Desktop.

Peggy

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

A Must-Have For Administrators Looking For Efficient Payroll and Budgeting Software

Exceptional. I would be unable to handle the administrative functions of my position as well as client caseload without this software.

PROS

Ease of use! I am not an accountant nor am I professionally trained in business operations. When I was elevated from Staff Attorney to Executive Director I inherited administrative responsibilities that I was completely unfamiliar with. However, I was pleasantly surprised by how intuitive and efficient the software is. I am confident the transition into my position would have been far more difficult, but not for our subscription to QuickBooks Online.

CONS

After connecting our client management database and bank accounts to Quickbooks Online, I began to see duplicate transaction entries. In troubleshooting the issue, I discovered that deleting the journal entry created by our client database was the only way to resolve the issue. This makes me uncomfortable. I wish there were a way to "archive" the journal transaction. This would allow the system to properly reflect the journal created by the client database, as well as my direct entry in the accounting software without affecting the overall balance.

Leah

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Truly great program

It has been an overall positive experience. Our old program was clunky and really was not designed like move modern programs. Quickbooks Online Advanced is truly a great product.

PROS

I like that everything is easy to use and intuitive. We swapped from another program and were able to jump right in and start working immediately with little to no training.

CONS

The only issue that I have with Quickbooks Online Advanced has to do with the integration with Clio. The issue happens when you write one check to a vendor for multiple client matters. It ports them over to Clio as one entry. Other than that everything works perfectly.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We found it to be the best fit for the way we practice law and bill our clients. It was truly as step up from what we were using previously.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We were using PCLaw and Amicus for our practice and the integration between the programs was no longer going to be supported. We were basically at the point where we had to find something new.

Laura

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

Quickbooks Online is Sleek, Professional, Easy, but Lacks Some Custom Reporting Features

Overall, Quickbooks Online can replace the accounting software of most small-to-medium businesses. It's easy to use and fast. You can use Quickbooks Online from anywhere, any device, at any time. That's a big deal. I love having the ability to browse it on my computer and then, when I need to, bring it up on my phone when I'm at the coffee shop or with a client. Intuit hit it out of the park with this app.

PROS

The best feature is easily the sales tracking. It's easy to create quotes, turn them into sales orders, and then onto invoices. The process is easily linkable with many POS and ecommerce solutions.

CONS

QBO lacks some of the most robust reporting features that I'm used to. This is the biggest issue with the online software.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Wanted the web-based application for easier availability, scalability, and extensibility.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We needed a program that would have 24/7 uptime and allowed for faster uploads/imports.

Simon

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

The road to hell is paved with good intention

Overall, if the execution of Quickbook online would have been as good as the idea, its probably the software we would be using, but the execution is to me really terrible and we feel that the customers support really do the least to help out.

PROS

What Iiked the most about the software is the idea of having everything under one software, Quickbook is a great ¨idea¨

CONS

We had such terrible experience with customer support. It was hard to talk to anyone and when we did they never tried to understand our situation or context. It was an experience we wish we never had. Also once you start to use all the capability of the software you start to find all kind of limitation. We are also very disappointed that our business was not eligible to use the integrated payment processing module inside the invoice, this is the main reason we went back to our previous accounting software, Wave.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because its the one that the accountant prefer the most here in the province of Quebec and the one that on paper seems to offer the most.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Because we wanted to take advantage of Quickbook Online advanced features.

bob

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Great book keeping software

PROS

Great tool when it works, lot of customers absolutely love the ease of use with QuickBooks online.

CONS

The customer service for problem solving when it comes to QuickBooks is horrible Tier 1 has to chat with Tier 2 who then chats with Tier 3 then Tier 2 has to relay the message to Tier 1. It makes the already bad process take even longer.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Too Different to Implement

PROS

The draw of moving our accounting work online was a real one. Backing up to the cloud, accessing from anywhere, all positive possibilities.

CONS

In the end, Quickbooks Online was too-steep a curve for our team to adjust to and we had to move back to "regular Quickbooks" - the desktop version.

DINA

Sporting Goods, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

QuickBooks On-line Review

PROS

QuickBooks on-line is very easy to navigate.

CONS

Sometimes it is hard to get a hold of customer service.

Ryan

Retail, 11-50 employees

Quickbooks Online Advanced

There are so many reasons why we love working on Quickbooks online. The credit card processor working through our website, the mobile app and card processor, as well as the integration to WordPress and to help add automation to our financial recording.

PROS

There are so many features to this software, but my favorite is definitely the online platform. I am able to see the progress of the business through my phone or iPad and not just sitting behind a desk. So much business is done on the road or moving around and having the app easily accessible I can always be in touch with what is going on in the company.

CONS

Setting up the new company file was difficult. We were moving from QuickBooks desktop and it had to much data (20 years worth) that we were not able to compress it then upload the information to the new platform. We were able to do batch uploads which did allow us to preserve some data but it did make the transition a little more difficult than it needed to be.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We looked at enhancing our QuickBooks desktop, but all the pros that online had for us gave us only one option and that was to upgrade to the online version. The Quickbooks IOS App and the integrations with our website make it the best software for us by far.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We made the switch to help add automation to our process and to move to software better suited for our needs. We were using the Desktop version for 20 years so we needed to get something newer and more customizable.

Construction, 11-50 employees

QBO Improving

We experience little downtime, despite some slowing of speeds. We're impressed with QBO at this time.

PROS

Many new features being updated regularly. Does what we need it to do.

CONS

Speed improvements as our file grows is very important.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cloud-based computing is the main reason we switched from Enterprise.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cloud-based computing was very important in our decision. A company we know that would be around and continue to improve.

Sabrina

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Multi Small Company

Quickbooks Online Advanced overall has served our purpose well, especially as a small company, but as we continue to grow and with the expense increase we may need to look for other options that are more robust. It was worth it to attempt to make the system work for the cost, but not so much anymore.

PROS

The software is easy to use and can be accessed by multiple people in multiple locations. There are a multitude of videos available when attempting to do something new.

CONS

The cost has increased from $30 to $150 per month, which is a major increase for what doesn't seem like a lot of extra tools. The few things that our company needs cannot be helped with Priority Circle, we need the system to work more like desktop did.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We are already using Quickbooks online and further research needs to be done before a major overhaul of the system is completed.

Richard

Airlines/Aviation, 11-50 employees

Quickbooks Online for Aircraft Maintenance

PROS

Quickbooks Online allows us to streamline our accounting process as well as inventory tracking. Our customers love to be able to receive estimates and invoices online as well as pay online. With unlimited chart of accounts and excellent reporting features we are able to monitor the pulse of the company daily.

CONS

If you are not an accounting guru, have access to an accountant or you do not understand debits, credits and accounting concepts you are going to feel lost. There is an extreme learning curve for small business owners who go from physical books and spreadsheets to Quickbooks Online. Once you learn everything you will find the software very helpful, but when you first get started odds are, you're going to inadvertently make a big mess of your books until you figure it all out.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

We needed online/cloud functionality to be able to manage the business from anywhere from multiple devices.

Karen

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Non-Profit QBO simplifies donor & expense allocations for auditing purposes.

I have been using Quickbooks Non-Profit for years and all entries and creation of programs for a non-profit provides a visual presentation that provides Board Members and Financial Auditors the clarity and simplifies where the non-profit stands.

PROS

Due to the complexities of non-profit financials. Quickbooks alleviates much of the work and assists with proper allocations of Donor Contribution, Grants and Foundation monies. Classifying expenses is also tricky without the easy to use features Quickbooks non-profit software provides.

CONS

I cannot think of any downfalls. I have used other non-profit accounting softwares and Quickbooks is by the far the best.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

It has the best functionalities needed for auditing purposes.

Kristen

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Great step up from QB desktop

QB Advanced has been a great addition to our workplace. I am the main user and I like the ease of reports and other functions.

PROS

The product is user friendly. It is easy to navigate and find all the features. The tech support are always friendly, fast and always help with any questions I have had.

CONS

There are many features that we do not use, but I'm sure would be helpful to other companies.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Needed QuickBooks Online for our new company system and chose Advanced to get the most out of the product.

Kerry

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Quickbooks Online not all it's cracked up to be, Desktop version is much better

Customer service has been terrific, however so many problems with online. I used the desktop version for over 20 years and the online version is littered with problems that customer service was unable to solve. Hopefully as time goes on it will become a better product.

PROS

The ability to use it remotely and store everything in the cloud

CONS

The reporting features are awful. Unable to get the same or even similar reports with necessary information as the Desktop version

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Ability to receive it with a non-profit discount through Tech-Soup

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Needed to have a program that could be used in the cloud

Brandon