All QuickBooks Desktop Pro Reviews

Good more large companies

Ayesha

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Highest Effective Accounting Software!

I've been utilizing this software for a while now. The best accounting software comes from facts. It offers all the features required for routine accounting work. But it does need some guidance and practice. If an accountant starts with the right skills for using the software, he won't need any other alternatives.

PROS

It is widely utilized on a large scale. Customers are at ease utilizing it. It gives flawless data reporting and synchronizes with other platforms and software. This makes all accounting tasks simple. The wonderful thing is that it advances daily.

CONS

The cost is the only negative aspect. Undoubtedly, it is a worthwhile investment, but less privileged users would benefit much from flexible planning.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

This is much better and most of my clients prefer it.

Peter

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

QuickBooks Desktop the elephant in the room

It works and a lot of people know it. You can get yourself into more trouble than with some similarly priced products, but the are not as easy to use.

PROS

Easy to use and learn and a lot of people know it.

CONS

Technical support is not the best and it should be a lot better.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

We are still suspicious of the cloud and our internet is not 100% up.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

No longer supported by manufacturer (Sage) and not very many experts out there.

KATHY

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Quick Top Desktop

PROS

Ease of use in order to accomplish day to day activities.

CONS

THE EXPENSE OF HAVING TO PAY FOR IT OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN!!!

Elizabeth

Building Materials, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

QuickBooks review from Eli

It's ok I use assistance feature quite a bit

PROS

The assistance available for services I don't understand

CONS

The hours of customer service are limited to day only

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Someone I know uses it they were helping me with some bookkeeping so I transferred

Lisa

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2024

The best there is for desktop accounts packages

I struggled with Sage for about 3 years. Came across this software, learned it in a day and (not exaggerating), it really did change my life. Excellent software, great customer service, loved it. I'd recommend it to all clients and friends. However, times have moved on again, and now its all about being cloud based.

PROS

I liked the budgeting feature, the auto invoicing, and the fact that you could have more than one company on the one desktop license. You didn't have to keep buying the license like on the online version.

CONS

If you are working on the books with someone else, you have to make sure that you back up your work, save and send, and that you're always working on the most up to date version of the software. I don't think its being supported by Intuit anymore, so you can't add payroll and soon I think it'll be obsolete.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Sage was clunky, it would need time periods to be closed, and would come up with a constant message when you were 'outside of your financial year'. Whereas when I started using Quickbooks... it really became quick to do the books. It was an intuitive, easy to use, friendly software, so I switched and never looked back.

Oralee

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Great program if they would quit pushing the online services and extra expenses

Overall I like the program

PROS

Pretty simple to use and customize ,easy to download bank statements and do reports.

CONS

Extra costs, they want you to do everything on line and push you to pay more. Everything costs extra, support, payroll, updating etc.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

The program was available through techsoup.org for non-profits at a great price.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Excel was too complicated for volunteers

Adam

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Good product

PROS

Ease of use for features I require. Good.

CONS

I can’t manage two businesses with one account.

Diana

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Good for basics

PROS

It is easy to use and good for a general bookkeeping and tracking for financial services. Also very versatile for various industries.

CONS

Lacks some functions of other programs. A little too basic for special requests.

vincent

Market Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Automate your business billing and invoicing through Quickbooks Desktop Pro

My experience with this software is second to none. I mean, the challenges of doing reconciliation every month have been reduced by a click of a button.

PROS

I like the fact that this software gives me flexibility to link my various bank accounts while at same time manage my workflow with ease. Since I started using the software, the hassle of managing employees payroll drastically reduced.

CONS

I would note that there is limitation actually with the size of the file as well as with data.

Felicia

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Invoices and billing made easy

Overall I have had little issues, its been great for helping me keep track of resident invoices.

PROS

I love how easy it is to add a new customer and get their invoices going right away.

CONS

There was recently a new update to the look of things, took me a minute to navigate but once I figured it out, it was easy peasy

Bookeeping

i really like i am a tax advisor and plan on getting certified to be a pro advisor

PROS

There's really no comparison. When you are trying to level up as a business owner there really no better platform

CONS

the cost and learning how to use . you really should use an accountant

Rhiannon

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

Great product, support is lacking

It's affordable for small business compared to the big accounting suites. (ADVICE: Unless you are not up on payroll and other law changes each year, there is no reason to upgrade yearly. I upgrade every 4 years.) I only wish they would stop asking me to switch to the online version because it has far less features and costs a lot more to run, especially if you only upgrade every few years as I do.

PROS

Quickbooks has countless features, many I am still discovering after using it 12 fiscal years. I am not an accountant but I have done my own bookkeeping for years and found it very easy to learn. I particularly like the bulk input for transactions, which is a huge time saver. The layout editor for forms allows me to customize my invoices, estimates, and receipts. Inventory is easy to track. I also appreciate the customizable fields for customers in the address book, unlike some other programs.

CONS

The support team used to be decent but last year I found it to be awful. I needed to convert some data and made an appointment, I kid you not, 8 times and each time the support person didn't call me until days later. Eventually they stopped even replying. This is a big red flag to me when a company's support drops. (And this was well before Covid, so they cannot use that excuse.) They could also have much better functionality for importing CSV and other data to spare me entering it manually. Lastly, the limitation to be locked into one currency forever is frustrating. The tax payment functionality is very buggy and I had to start my own wiki to navigate the various menus as they are not at all intuitive. Ideally they would allow vendor bills to be entered but to delay inventory items in the system should a vendor require payment up-front before goods are shipped. This has caused inventory quantity issues many times. The pressure to switch to the online version is ridiculous. They even removed the automatic foreign currency rate adjustments/updates in an attempt to force us to move to a new version. Not cool! If the functionality was there, why cancel it? Lastly, be prepared to deal with a random data corruption issue every couple years. This is scary as heck when Quickbooks won't open or reconciliation numbers are damaged and no longer add up. Support is useless helping with this but I have found tricks on my own to repair it.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Quicken didn't have the multi-currency functionality I need.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

I needed inventory tracking and auto currency features.

Brenton

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

QuickBooks Desktop is Fast, Customizable and Easy. Best of the Best.

PROS

Accounts payable is amazing. From tracking bills to writing checks to entering vendors. So easy. It also helps to make sure your 1099's are correct and in place for year end. Printing checks is a piece of cake and consistently easy! Accounts receivable is awesome. Whether you are tracking tenants or customers, they can be easily set up. Weekly, Monthly and Year End reporting can be done in a click of a 3 buttons, seriously. 3 Buttons pulls up your common report batches. Then you can print, save and email them.

CONS

When sending reports by pdf, I'd like to preview them first and adjust how they appear. Sometimes they can appear all wonky and not clean. The work around is to print to pdf. Then you can do it, just one extra step though.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

I'll attach what I posted above... The questions most people have is QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online. As a bookkeeper with multiple clients, it's a no brainer for me, QuickBooks Desktop!!! I refuse to work with QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Desktop is lightning fast. There are numerous shortcuts with the keyboard that help process the daily routines. With being online, those keyboard shortcuts go away and now you have no move your hand from the keyboard to the mouse. It may not seem like much, but it's huge. The reporting features in QuickBooks Desktop are superior too. Yeah, your customer may not be able to have 24/7 access to their books, but if you're doing your job properly and getting them timely reports, most shouldn't need that.

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

QuickBooks Desktop Pro: The CornerStone Bookkeeping Software

Overall, it's a wonderful product that is the cornerstone of the bookkeeping industry. The features and functions are plentiful and the computing power is enough for most small businesses and any startup.

PROS

Most existing accounting pros know this software well enough to jump into a client copy or backup copy to send back to the client etc. For years, this has been the value play in accounting software due to being able to host multiple companies under one subscription. Features are plentiful, more than you'll probably need unless you're running a large operation with many accounting staff.

CONS

Lack of cloud based development environment is the number one con for QuickBooks Desktop Pro. It seems like much more (friendly) integration is available through QuickBooks Online

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

We chose desktop for construction purposes, building assets, we wanted to use items in the traditional way they're used inside desktop.

Tony

Farming, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Quickbooks Desktop Premier Plus

We have been using Quickbooks for years. Apparently, their goal is to get you "hooked" on the software and go up on the prices every year. There are several add-ons that can be used, for a separate fee of course, such as Payroll. We do our own Payroll at my company so this makes things much easier. However, adding additional services can get quite expensive and they tend to change plans almost every year. They are now charging annually for software that we use to be able to purchase once and then use for 3 years. Those days are gone.

PROS

This is a great product for income as well as expense tracking. We enter every transaction that comes through our company and we can easily compare previous years earnings and losses, up to date

CONS

This product is way too expensive for a small business and unless you have been using the software for years, it is very difficult to understand and use. Customer support is lacking when it comes to unusual problems. It seems their customer support team can only "change batteries" so to speak.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Because we have always used this software and with our rather large database, I was leary of changing

Warren

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Quickbooks - Stable and easy to use

Our migration to QuickBooks was very smooth, mainly down to the simple layout within the software. Anyone can be easily trained to use it quickly.

PROS

The favorite part for us and our accounts tram, is the ease of the GUI and layout. It's incredibly simple to navigate the different areas of the software and quick to get to where you need to.

CONS

The website does offer support when you need it, but its not the most intuitive. When we have had problems or questions, the telephone support is fantastic.

Reason for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks was more well known by accountants that w spoke to.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

We wanted to move to a non Microsoft 365 product, and read the reviews on QuickBooks and was thoroughly impressed.

Koralyss

Construction, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Adaptable Accounting Software

PROS

This is an accounting software, extremely important to effectively run any business. It’s quite affordable, and at the same time it’s flexible enough to adapt to your company’s needs without limiting you to any safety features.

CONS

Customer service is very poor. Simple questions are extremely difficult to get answered or corrected.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Quickbooks online is intended to be very simple and error proof for new users. Unfortunately those safety features stop you a lot and sometimes opens doors to system glitches.

Keith