What are QuickBooks Desktop Pro users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using QuickBooks Desktop Pro software through verified user reviews

1,375 Reviews

• icon"I like how its simple to use and set up. I Also like how it integrates simple with other software we use."
  • icon"I love that I don’t have to outsource simple things like payroll, expense reporting, preparation for tax time, and more. I have always found the customer service to be very helpful and understanding."
  • icon"I love how easy it is to use and I also love that it's an all in one software. I can manage my payroll, pay suppliers and send my invoices and receive payments too."
  • icon"We continue to have issues, they want you to call them every time you get locked out or theirs an issue with this crappy software. Terrible terrible company at this point."
  • icon"The support team used to be decent but last year I found it to be awful."
  • icon"No dislikes as yet and don't think there will be any."

Browse all QuickBooks Desktop Pro Reviews

• Have you used QuickBooks Desktop Pro and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,373 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,373 reviews

Heidi

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Good more large companies

Joe

QuickBooks Pro Review

It works great for me to manage my business financials.

Pros

I like how easy it is to enter in entries and pull the reports that I need for not only business taxes, but also for keeping up with aging invoices and other critical financial information.

Cons

The cost of the software is something that needs to be re-evaluated.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

I am more familiar with QuickBooks.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

I needed more functionality and reporting, which QuickBooks gives me.

Kala

General Contractor's review of QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Overall we are very pleased with this program. We use it for tracking our accounts receivable, our expenses and payroll. We will be longtime customers!

Pros

This software is so easy to use! We are able to invoice our customers and keep a running balance of our A/P and A/R so we can track our monthly income. Easy referencing for customers by their name, account number, address and any other identifying information to easily access the account you are looking for. We have also linked QB to our CRM and each invoice created and payment links to both programs so the sales team can track their accounts, without needing access to QB. We love this program!

Cons

The only issue I have had, is when we do link payments to our CRM program, sometimes there is 5-10 minute delay before it registers. I can't say if this is an issue on AL or QB, either way, if we need access to the updated invoice immediately, it is available in QB.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks has the best reviews and ratings overall. We needed a program that we could rely on to track our business's progress. QuickBooks has done that!

Amanda

May 2022

Learning Curve - Not easy to use for Non-Profits working internationally.

Pros

I love the in depth reports, the ease of tracking, and the simplification of our annual tax process.

Cons

I don't like the learning curve for the software, the variation between desktop and online versions, or the incompatibility with non-profit organizations, especially those working internationally.

Bill

May 2022

A solid solution for small business accounting, if you can get past some of the issues

We are a small business that has had 3-4 users with QuickBooks Pro since 1997, adding Payroll in the early 2000s. Several years back, they changed licensing and started preventing us from getting the 4 users that we needed. In order to get past this, I had to jump through hoops via an annual phone marathon, speaking to multiple (usually 4-5 tech reps) to get the licenses updated and sorted out. This year, they forced us to move to the next level up, which they promised would eliminate this -- but now they charge us $2.20 monthly per employee for Payroll, which we had already paid for in the previous package. It just seems that they want to nickle and die you to death, and their support people are not always that helpful when problems arise. So why do I stay? Simply put, the software works, and it works quite well. Our 4-node network has had no problems keeping up with the size of the data, and our system still contains all of the data since 1997 -- and it performs perfectly. (Some reports can be slow from time to time, but only if you are running "All-time sales" reports or similar that have to look at lots of data. Otherwise, the system simply screams and does exactly what it needs to do. Our automation interfaces (using QODBC and simple VBScript scripts) reduce the workload for invoicing considerably, eliminating the need to hire another full-time position -- so it is still a worthwhile aggravation.

Pros

We have been using QuickBooks since 1997, and the product has certainly changed over the years, but it has remained very intuitive to learn and use over all of this time. More importantly, we have been able to automate large portions of our business using scripting and QODBC (which is a separate add-on that REALLY should be included) to streamline order processing and fulfillment.

Cons

The biggest downsides are stupid things within the user interface. Intuit likes to add advertising for upgrades right into the main menu bar. This breaks automation scripts relying on mouse clicks. Even if you remove the button again manually, it re-appears with the next system update, breaking your automation again. The other thing they do is present pop-ups on our database server via modal dialog boxes, further breaking the automation until someone actually logs onto the server and clicks OK to close the dialog box.

nian

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks produces a P&L without any problem. This should be possible in various ways; organization - wide, per client, and so forth. QuickBooks produces a Balance Sheet without any problem. QuickBooks likewise tracks AR and AP well indeed. QuickBooks has space to develop their capital report. QuickBooks has space to further develop the Mastercard sections. To match the passages to the financial record, you need to go in to include the sections and sellers physically. QuickBooks has space to further develop the manner in which it coordinates with other bookkeeping frameworks. For instance, in the event that an auxiliary doesn't have QuickBooks Pro, you need to make a different succeed model to run a union model.

Pros

Quickbooks Desktop Pro is bookkeeping programming, It permits a client to make solicitations and track deals, enter and cover bills from merchants, and download bank and Visa exchanges straightforwardly into QuickBooks. It contains scientific elements, and its reports can be traded into Excel. Its landing page conveys an outline of business action initially, giving knowledge into business processes

Cons

It incorporates center bookkeeping highlights, in addition to examination and exportable reports.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks plans to assist you with maintaining your business better. It permits you to create monetary reports from the information with the goal that you can rapidly break down it and settle on better business choices. You can zero in on processes that create income and conjecture your business development with the assistance of reports.

Lili

April 2022

KEEN Accounting, that is QuickBooks for You!

QuickBooks has provided reliable numerous accounting features which made this software popular in all these years for accounting and bookkeeping of small businesses. It covers what it takes to keep your business fit and moving. Great software!

Pros

QuickBooks Desktop is totally loaded. It has simply got what you need to keep track of a business like yours and mine. This is an excellent software for keeping accounting brisk and organized at your fingertips. It has those features that a business accounting requires so you can manage your finances like a pro.

Cons

This software needs to be familiarized. Finding its road to each feature and linkage to another will take time, and can be stressful. So much so that if you're new to accounting it might be really challenging before functionality is in sight. Nevertheless, achieving fruition would be like ahh, success.

Mitch

April 2022

Quickbooks is a very helpful tool for those who need a flexible and simple accounting tool.

Our overall experience has been very good. We are very happy with the flexibility of the product and specifically the financial statement feature.

Pros

I liked the forgiveness of the product and how it was very user-friendly. If a mistake was made with a journal entry or invoice, you can go back in and make whatever edit you need to. A lot of other softwares do not allow you to make changes and it can lead to a messy general ledger. Also, you can also "lock" previous periods if you do not want to give your employees the ability to edits to the past.

Cons

Quickbooks is designed, in my opinion, for non-accountants to be able to handle accounting functions. It does that very well. However, if you are looking for a more sophisticated software for payroll, project tracking, or invoicing purposes, this product may not be a good fit.

Cindy

March 2022

Disappointed in the new plan of yearly subscription

Up until this year it was the best experience for accounting, invoicing, billing and preparing your taxes.

Pros

I loved this software for many years and used it every day for the last 12 years until recently. It was the best in the market for small business. This year I am discontinuing using Quick Books Desk Top Pro because of the annual subscription.

Cons

They changed their billing and now you cannot just buy the software and use it, you must now pay an annual fee. For a small business this is expensive and nothing has changed in their software to warrant an increase in price and changing of their billing plans. I am very disappointed in the new pricing structure. They are many more out there that are less expensive and better.

Timothy

Quirky but effective

I am putting up with it since it is already payed for. This might work for most people and companies but I realized that I probabrally will just need to develop my own so that it can do all the things that I actually need it to do.

Pros

The software integrates well with PayPal and can import all of my line transactions which is nice. There is basically a report for everything. I like how the software will not let you enter incorrect information (double-sided accounting entries must match).

Cons

The cost is expensive. Even more so if you want to be able to use the online version. The license will only let you use on one computer. It is customizable to a point but really doesn't allow me to do exactly what I need to easily. I always have to find work arounds. It takes forever to load and uses a lot of resources.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Popularity and ecommendation by our accountant

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

I was worried that a free product might up and disappear one day. Also, the reporting was very minimal.

Brent

May 2022

Good for what it was... wouldn't recommend anymore

Good for the times, now, cloud is better.

Pros

Multicurrency was great. Payroll source deductions also great (with an exception). Reporting P&L, etc. also very easy. Pay once & no subscription fees also great. Upload banking statements for reconciliation also worked well

Cons

Couldn't keep up with the times & an online fully connected software is now working better. Annoyances were: We were small enough that didn't need to subscribe to payroll calculations, AND, without payroll calculations subscriptions the payroll feature was clunky (didn't remember last inputs). And, not so great once we went distributed office (needed to VPN in to do accounting) - cloud is better for us

May 2022

Works well for small business

Desktop Pro is essential for my business and takes care of every financial issue I encounter. The sync with banks is helpful as is the full payroll service offered.

Pros

QuickBooks desktop has all the features I need as a bookkeeper to keep my clients' financials in order. The product works consistently well and handles all the issues I face.

Cons

Intuit knows they have the market on this software, and therefore continually raises the prices greatly each year, as well as requiring customers to purchase it new every 3 years to keep their product. They push the online version which is significantly of lower quality and doesn't nearly cover the same aspects as the desktop version does.

Tara

By far the superior bookkeeping software

Customer service is terrible, but that is the same for all of Intuit. It is a shame because 20 years ago they were #1 in customer service and now they're at the bottom. However, I will never use any bookkeeping product other than Quickbooks Desktop in my office. No other program can even come close in functionality. No other program has the same ease of use. That being said, I don't recommend it for just anyone. If you do not know how to do bookkeeping or don't have a propensity for it, don't buy Quickbooks desktop or Quickbooks online and assume you can do your business bookkeeping. Consult with a professional.

Pros

The general ledger is my favorite. I will not use software that I can not make general ledger journal entries in. I love the tax tracking. It has the best tracking of payroll and sales taxes if it is properly set up. And adjustments can be made if necessary - which in my state is every quarter.

Cons

I do not like that we now have to log-in with an "intuit ID." I bought desktop software because I want to use it on my desktop. I do not want all of my software connected to the internet all of the time. I do not want my client accounts connected to my intuit ID and I do not want them to have to have their own intuit ID accounts. They aren't using the software, I am. They aren't doing the bookkeeping and payroll, I am. And if Intuit's servers are down or if the internet is down and I can't log in, well then I can't work and that doesn't work for me.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Quite simply, it is the best and it is designed for bookkeepers and accountants.

Brenton

QuickBooks Desktop is Fast, Customizable and Easy. Best of the Best.

Pros

Accounts payable is amazing. From tracking bills to writing checks to entering vendors. So easy. It also helps to make sure your 1099's are correct and in place for year end. Printing checks is a piece of cake and consistently easy! Accounts receivable is awesome. Whether you are tracking tenants or customers, they can be easily set up. Weekly, Monthly and Year End reporting can be done in a click of a 3 buttons, seriously. 3 Buttons pulls up your common report batches. Then you can print, save and email them.

Cons

When sending reports by pdf, I'd like to preview them first and adjust how they appear. Sometimes they can appear all wonky and not clean. The work around is to print to pdf. Then you can do it, just one extra step though.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

I'll attach what I posted above... The questions most people have is QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online. As a bookkeeper with multiple clients, it's a no brainer for me, QuickBooks Desktop!!! I refuse to work with QuickBooks Online. QuickBooks Desktop is lightning fast. There are numerous shortcuts with the keyboard that help process the daily routines. With being online, those keyboard shortcuts go away and now you have no move your hand from the keyboard to the mouse. It may not seem like much, but it's huge. The reporting features in QuickBooks Desktop are superior too. Yeah, your customer may not be able to have 24/7 access to their books, but if you're doing your job properly and getting them timely reports, most shouldn't need that.

Quickbooks Desktop Pro- A Powerful Accounting Software

It provides the ability to easily customize customers' data, invoices, and reports. It integrates well with third-party applications. Exporting transactions from the bank and importing them into the software makes monthly reconciliation easy. Auditing the books is easy as there is a chronological tracking of transactions affecting each item. Whereas Quickbooks Desktop Pro is a powerful, affordable software with great features and is less costly to run, we had to switch to Quickbooks online which is cloud-based, has more automation and integrations with third-party applications. Quickbooks Online is also more user-friendly. In my experience, choosing between Quickbooks Desktop Pro and Quickbooks Online is more about the organization's preferences and needs, and less about which one is better than the other.

Pros

It is powerful accounting software that is ideal for well-established organizations that have been in business for a while. It is great for bookkeeping and very helpful when it comes to filing taxes at the end of the financial year. It does not require frequent upgrades unless there are changes that affect a specific feature. It is great for generating various reports, setting up recurring invoices, and processing payroll.

Cons

It has a steep learning curve in the initial stages and requires some accounting knowledge. It is locally installed, therefore, inaccessible while on the move, and if you choose to have it hosted virtually, that comes at an additional cost. Customer support isn't as great as we expected and issues take very long to resolve.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

A number of accountants highly recommended it.

Johnny

Very Functional, but Complicated; With Irritating Pop Up Ads

Overall it's positive, and the software is very powerful. Even after two years (and a degree is computer science), I am still learning things with it. The bank export to QuickBoosk import feature most banks offer has saved me many hours of time doing monthly accounting, that alone makes it work it. The pop up ads on start up (which slow down my PC even more than the software otherwise would) are very very frustrating.

Pros

This software is very full featured. I use it for a few businesses; residential and storage unit rentals. The software has can do most everything that you would want it to do for this type of business. There's great features for setting up recurring invoices for tenants, generating all types of reports to track how your rentals are performing, and the PayRoll add on is very helpful for paying employees and dealing with quarterly and annual taxes. One very huge pro is that most banks allow you to export transactions from the bank website software into QuickBooks format, and then you can import them into QB. This saves me tons of time as I have many transactions related to the self storage business, and it makes monthly account reconciliation much much easier.

Cons

There's a steep learning curve here. Many of the features and options are not intuitive at all (ironic since the company that owns this software is named Intuit). I used simple spreadsheets before this, I'm very computer oriented, and I still don't use many of the features available in this software after a few years. I switched at the recommendation of my accountant, and a steep discount in my annual tax preparation costs. There's just so much to learn here! There are tons of web tutorials available to learn things, but you have to be aware of a feature in order to know that you can use it. If you have someone that can show you the ropes, or you're willing to dig in and learn, then I recommend this software. The only major complaint that I have about it is the pop up advertisements. When you start the software, you frequently get pop up ads. This is super irritating, and it doesn't seem to matter if you click the 'Don't show this again' button. I've already bought your software, STOP SPAMMING ME!

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Accountant recommendation/tax preparation discount.

Gary

Industry: Wine and Spirits

Good, but...

I have used QuickBooks for two decades and for eight years in my current position. It fully meets our needs for day to day accounting, preparing reports for our Board and for processing payroll. However, their support is very poor and reaching a human being is incredibly frustrating.

Pros

QuickBooks Desktop is a powerful accounting package that offers good value for the cost. It has a lot of features that can address most of the needs of a small business.

Cons

QuickBooks will let an inexperienced user do just about anything they want which can result in a real mess if you're an accountant trying the prepare financial statements or tax returns. But with some training from an experienced accountant/user, a lot of the day to day accounting can be accomplished by a relatively inexperienced person. Some supervision is advised.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks is somewhat less expensive and is easier for inexperienced users to master. Peachtree is a wonderful piece of software, but has a more traditional and rigid accounting driven process. QuickBooks Online is expensive and lacks some of the features of the Desktop version.

Rhiannon

Industry: Music

Great product, support is lacking

It's affordable for small business compared to the big accounting suites. (ADVICE: Unless you are not up on payroll and other law changes each year, there is no reason to upgrade yearly. I upgrade every 4 years.) I only wish they would stop asking me to switch to the online version because it has far less features and costs a lot more to run, especially if you only upgrade every few years as I do.

Pros

Quickbooks has countless features, many I am still discovering after using it 12 fiscal years. I am not an accountant but I have done my own bookkeeping for years and found it very easy to learn. I particularly like the bulk input for transactions, which is a huge time saver. The layout editor for forms allows me to customize my invoices, estimates, and receipts. Inventory is easy to track. I also appreciate the customizable fields for customers in the address book, unlike some other programs.

Cons

The support team used to be decent but last year I found it to be awful. I needed to convert some data and made an appointment, I kid you not, 8 times and each time the support person didn't call me until days later. Eventually they stopped even replying. This is a big red flag to me when a company's support drops. (And this was well before Covid, so they cannot use that excuse.) They could also have much better functionality for importing CSV and other data to spare me entering it manually. Lastly, the limitation to be locked into one currency forever is frustrating. The tax payment functionality is very buggy and I had to start my own wiki to navigate the various menus as they are not at all intuitive. Ideally they would allow vendor bills to be entered but to delay inventory items in the system should a vendor require payment up-front before goods are shipped. This has caused inventory quantity issues many times. The pressure to switch to the online version is ridiculous. They even removed the automatic foreign currency rate adjustments/updates in an attempt to force us to move to a new version. Not cool! If the functionality was there, why cancel it? Lastly, be prepared to deal with a random data corruption issue every couple years. This is scary as heck when Quickbooks won't open or reconciliation numbers are damaged and no longer add up. Support is useless helping with this but I have found tricks on my own to repair it.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Quicken didn't have the multi-currency functionality I need.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

I needed inventory tracking and auto currency features.

Industry: Music

My 2nd Try At a Bookkeeping Software

I didn't need a Bookkeeping program, I had a business account, deposited all my receipts from the business into that account. I paid all my business bills from that account. The BANK did my books! We moved back to Wisconsin in '98 where I had to collect sales tax. So I got a Bookkeeping program to keep track of my sales tax.

Pros

It did what I needed it to do, kept track of my sales tax for the State and up to 8 Counties I serve. Due to it being installed on my desktop it was programed with the tax regulations for my state of Wisconsin. When it's time to file the sales tax you have to have the complete sales for the year and the complete sales number of non-taxable sales. QB Desktop Pro always had those numbers ready for me.

Cons

I had no one to teach me, I was figuring it out as I went along, so I didn't get some of the vendors put in correctly at first. I had to re-work parts of it for income tax time and I never did figure out how to connect my bank.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

I received the disc for the Sage software in May w/no instruction manual. I installed it on my desktop and over the summer I would sit down periodically and attempt to set up a personalized invoice. I NEVER ACCOMPLISHED A THING! That software was so beyond my ability that I finally packed it up and mailed it back to Dell. I wrote a letter telling them that I couldn't get ANYTHING out of it, I didn't know what their policy was about returning opened software but it was no use to me. They sent me a check for the total amount.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QB Simple Start didn't separate the invoices by county. So I had to go back thru the whole years invoices and separate them into which county. I then checked to see which program would separate them and found Pro

Alan

The investment is worth the time and convience

Regardless overall, as a small business owner or not the utilization of using QuickBooks especially for a financial software is very easy to use. It has all the basics pretty much could anything I need on it. I haven't had an issue with QuickBooks I just recommend certain things like higher security as such.

Pros

The easy of use, not complicated at all to utilize. it's also good with third-party applications and integrations, makes it much more easier. Price wise it is affordable since I would say it's worth the money it's for. It also has a very large support Network. Personally best software to keep financial records, especially for small businesses

Cons

The security on it does lack, there isn't a two-step authentication. And there was a limitation to the number of products in the list especially for inventory purposes. There are also file size issues that need to be addressed, and personally I also believe there needs to be more utilization into e-commerce.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks is a big name already and I've been recommended by colleagues to use overall I'm very satisfied my complaints are very minor about it. I wouldn't switch

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

It was okay but it lacked in features that QuickBooks had that wave didn't.

Annette

QuickBooks for the Small Nonprofit Organization

The program itself is excellent as seen from its popularity. My greatest need has been customer service technical support. I have been using QuickBooks for more than 20 years. Over this time I have been very happy with the improvement of their support. Depending on the level program chosen, there are varying degrees of support. I think this is the most important part of a program as complex as this. I am also very happy with the way payroll handles all the procedures automatically and that they build in the new legislation and regulations from all the states so the user is sure about what they are doing.

Pros

QuickBooks has a sufficiently wide variety of products/service agreements to satisfy the needs of small nonprofits. I find that the service has improved greatly over the years. The customer service people are extremely able to solve problems or explain processes. Also, since the user can choose between accrual and cash based accounting, small organizations can choose the system the best satisfies their particular circumstances. The payroll package is separate, so the customer can choose whether or not to do their own payroll or have someone else do it. The payment of payroll taxes is well supported and easy to use.

Cons

Because this software is so professional, there can be a steep learning curve for those without accounting or bookkeeping experience. It would be advisable for the new user to become familiar with entry level bookkeeping at least. QuickBooks also recommends that new users locate a current user to serve as a mentor. There are specially trained users who serve this role.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Greater ease of use; greater accuracy; professionals who set up the product so that all processes are done quite easily.

Cathryn

Excellent Accounting Software for Small Business!

My overall experience with QB is fantastic. I was lucky enough to have used it for many years and even learned to convert the Chart of Account structure in order to do business with the Government. Our control system plus the software enabled us to pass DCAA's accounting system audit to perform on CPFF contracts. We have also used data from QB and external reporting to submit Incurred Cost Submissions to varies Government agencies. Highly recommend to small businesses!

Pros

I used this software for over 20 years with several small businesses. I've used it daily for many years for all accounting cycles, such as AP, AR, GL, bank reconciliation, financial reporting, etc. I love its flexibility (mistakes can be easily fixed), complexity (can even accommodate DCAA compliance), intuitiveness (to me at least), and many report functions including drill downs. It also works very well with ICAT, so that QB data can be used to calculate indirect cost rates.

Cons

Cons are very few. Because I haven't been a daily user for a few years, a couple of issues I remember are: 1. Interfacing with a 3rd party payroll seems to not work well, we ended up having to make a large summarizing journal entry (however, this is not an issue at the current company b/c payroll is handled by Intuit). 2. Too few characters are allowed in the PO and Invoice Number field. Our bookkeeper still currently have to be creative in order to have everything fit.

Reasons for choosing QuickBooks Desktop Pro

We chose QB for its ease of use and its cost.

Jillian

Quickbooks Desktop Pro makes bookkeeping a cinch!

I am winning at bookkeeping using Quickbooks Desktop Pro, what more can I say?

Pros

Quickbooks Desktop Pro allows me to be a great bookkeeper! Isn't that worth it's monetary investment right there!? I am able to input bills/pay bills, deposits, bank reconciliations and run reports all in the same platform. I even order our checks through the software and it reminds me when we are getting low. Also, I love that I can set reminders for monthly tasks and bills that need to be taken care of without worrying about forgetting. It's tracking it all for me and I just take care of it when the reminder pops up. Now I don't have the bank account connected and that is a personal preference but it is an available feature and it has it's benefits. You can also complete invoicing and payroll through Quickbooks desktop but we already had other means to complete those tasks. I can't recommend it enough, you won't regret the investment.

Cons

The only con I have about Quickbooks Desktop Pro is that going from the online version and converting to desktop is not clean. I've yet to get an import that wasn't missing something. I hope this is something Intuit will improve on in the future. But if you don't have to go back and forth then it's not an issue. I only have one client that this a bother for, other than that I keep everything on the desktop version.

Reasons for switching to QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Thomson decided to no longer support that software and made it obsolete. Quickbooks was a great switch though, it can do so much more.

Easiest accounting software I've used

Pros

I have used Quickbooks for 19 years for twelve different companies in various industries and with various needs. QB is always easy and intuitive from every aspect, from the initial set-up of the company file to the day-to-day transaction entries. You don't need to be an accounting genius with a perfect knowledge of debits and credits in order to understand how to enter your transactions in QB. I especially like the set-up tools that guide you during set-up of various things, like payroll items. It takes the stress out of things. I also really appreciate that whether you're a new user or an experienced user, mistakes happen, and QB makes it so easy to correct or delete any transactions that you entered incorrectly.

Cons

The only two cons I have found in my varied experience are: 1) QB does not track Use Tax, so you have to use roundabout ways to calculate and track that; and 2) if you live somewhere that Sales Tax is charged at the state level as well as at a county or city level, it can be tricky to get your sales tax properly set up and properly entered on your invoices. I have read that QB Online now offers better Sales Tax tracking, but I have no experience with that yet.

Response from Intuit

Thanks a ton for this wonderful review! I'm pleased to hear you've been a part of the QuickBooks family for over 19 years! It's great that the program has consistently delivered the tools you need to get the job done. In regards to tracking taxes, I've submitted your review to our Product Development team. The consider feedback like yours when planning new features and updates. In the meantime, should you ever need support or want to learn more about the program, know you can find a plethora of self-help resource online on our Community website: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us I hope you continue to find success using QuickBooks. Thank you again for reviewing! Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Replied March 2019

Mike

Quick Books Pro online is awesome, scalable for large and small organization

Great value, when possible still work with a book keeper and accountant.

Pros

My business is only 2.5 years old and I have used QuickBooks from the beginning. I did my own accounting up to a few months ago as my business has grown and I don't have time to do it anymore myself. My experience with the desk top version 2015 was ok, but I wanted didn't fit my needs well as I traveled 90% of the time. When I subscribed to Quick Books Pro Online, my experience has been nothing but positive. The interface is easy to use, and its rich feature set allowed me to activate job costing features as I needed them. Now that we are in the 2 to 3 million range my book keeper and Accountant log in and use my same subscription. I save on accounting costs as I can pull my own reports which are easy to find and customize and do not need the Part time CFO(except quarterly) feedback as I can get it on my own. We will probably double or triple are gross sales next year and have no plans to change our accounting platform. Support comes free with the online version.

Cons

Subscription charges double your second year of using the product. The first year you get a bundled deal to experience all of the different pay services offered by Intuit. The first year is great, but after that it can get pricey. We aren't going to change accounting platforms, but for smaller companies, you will want to scale down to the minimum subscription amount to fit your needs. You also have to buy checks directly from Intuit as they don't support third party cheaper check services(There are services you can print your bank information on the cheaper checks, but all come with set up fees). Online App for your phone still needs work. For me this is the weakest link in Intuits online platform. It is getting better, but still not where it needs to be. You can add expenses now and also send invoices which are improvements, but still lacking,

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,373 reviews