What are Ramp users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Ramp software through verified user reviews

• icon"Ramp has lived up to its promise; saved us money and made corporate card management easy."
  • icon"The software is user friendly and doesn't require true training. The integration with our existing business was seamless and required very little effort."
  • icon"I love the reporting features and the ability to easily generate cards for employees or vendors. Breaking them down into how the money is spent is really nice."
  • icon"Most of the issues are user error but if our locations could call and speak to a tech or representative to walk them through how to get set up or fix their error it would be so much easier."
  • icon"Really can't think of anything that I dislike, at least with our company use case."
  • icon"You get to know too much about how you have wasted your. Nothing I can think of now."

Browse all Ramp Reviews

• Have you used Ramp and would like to share your experience with others?

Nicholas

Simplified Expense Management

We have been very pleased with Ramp. They have lived up to their claims they make on the website. I love that they listen to their customers. They have been very responsive to our needs. It brings me joy knowing that our employees love using it because it means receipts are being turned in on time.

Pros

It's an all-in-one expense management system. Before using Ramp, we used American Express and Zoho. It's been great having everything in one house now. Our team loves that they received instant text messages and or emails when a purchased has been made. Being able to create virtual cards in an instant has been great. We also love how simple reimbursements have been using Ramp. The slack integration is good, and I have no doubt will improve. They've been very responsive to missing features.

Cons

I would love to see some more features around delegation. Allowing others (like administrative assistants) fill out their receipts on their behalf without giving them full access to the users account.

Reasons for choosing Ramp

The 1.5% cashback and the simplicity won us over. The slack integration was also key in our decision.

Reasons for switching to Ramp

Zoho's automated features did not work for us. It has a very difficult time reading a receipt. We also didn't like that we had to manually enter all of our American Express transactions. Customer support works odd hours.

Robert

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

April 2022

The best expense reporting software on the market

We have nothing but positive things to say about Ramp. From an accounting perspective, everything from initial set up to issuing cards to setting up expense rules is streamlined and easy to use. We also constantly hear from our cardholders in the company how great the switch to Ramp has been due to the great user experience and not having to fill out traditional expense reports.

Pros

Ramp currently offers the best expense reporting product we have ever used. The system is incredibly easy to use for both accountants and cardholders. By eliminating standard expense reports, Ramp has saved our company countless hours without losing any control or oversight that you would have with standard expense reporting platforms. An surprise benefit has been that there is no cost to Ramp, and we actually make money with the 1.50% cash back perk on all card purchases.

Cons

We have no complaints with Ramp. Each update to the software continues to exceed our expectations and adds new functionalities that we benefit from.

Reasons for choosing Ramp

Better service team, more features, and overall better product.

Reasons for switching to Ramp

We switched away from the credit card program through our bank and the expense reporting module in ProcureDesk because of the lack of connectivity between the bank, ProcureDesk, and our accounting software (QBO). The lack of connectivity created hours of extra work for us. The user experience of expense reporting through ProcureDesk was also poor and half-baked.

Matthew

Misleading "application" then declined.

We requested the unsubscribe - it will be interesting to see who they end up selling our info to or if they honor the unsubscribe request. Luckily, their competitor, Brex, found us to also be a great fit, and they meant it, and we are signed up with Brex now.

Pros

We did not get a chance to evaluate this software enough to determine anything positive or negative about the actual software itself.

Cons

We did not get a chance to actually use or test this product. On their site they tell you to enter your business email - I did, I then got an email saying "You’re a great fit - apply for Ramp today!". So we did, and got declined because they feel we do not keep enough "available cash" in our bank account. Even after this decline, they sent several advertising emails. They mislead us by telling us we were a "great fit" then wasted our time having us fill out and volunteer all kinds of information on our business. To be honest, I think this is a misleading method of getting businesses to give you essentially free info on their finances / operations. Regardless, saying a company is a "great fit" when, essentially they have no idea if we are such is, in my opinion misleading.

Reasons for choosing Ramp

Because Brex was honest and approved our application , which essentially is not for credit but simply to use their cards and software to manage our expenses.

Zach

Smooth onboarding and great reporting

We've been really happy with the ease of use and the reporting features, our employees seem to like using it and the cashback is a nice overall win for the team

Pros

Cons

The physical cards could definitely be a bit nicer ... you'll gain no extra street cred throwing this baby down at a meal with a candidate

See above

Reasons for switching to Ramp

Mostly the accounting integrations and reporting features that Ramp had / Brex lacked

Kristy

Ramp

Overall I love Ramp. I used to have to beg and plead to get receipts and that has been tremendously reduced and the ease of the app is amazing. The integration with our accounting software is also amazing. I never have to worry about making a JE or trying to track amounts down.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the receipt capture! The reminder text that is sent to snap a picture at the time of purchase is so wonderful. No more chasing down receipts!!

Cons

My least favorite thing is not really being able to talk to someone if there is an issue. Most of the issues are user error but if our locations could call and speak to a tech or representative to walk them through how to get set up or fix their error it would be so much easier.

NA

Reasons for switching to Ramp

Because Ramp can integrate with QuickBooks and the ease of use of this product is so wonderful. The amount of labor hunting receipts has been drastically reduced to just a few minutes a day.

Ben

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Must have for your finance stack

Ramp has helped us streamline internal finance processes and find opportunities to save. The experience has been seamless and amazing!

Pros

Ramp integrates seamlessly with my accounting software to eliminate the typical problems associated with business expense management. Because it's one and the same with my business credit card it gives me a powerful tool that directly integrates.

Cons

The software is great! I'm waiting for them to start tackling my full spending picture as opposed to just credit cards.

Reasons for choosing Ramp

Ramp combined both expense management, opportunities for saving, and a credit card offering into a single free service.

Jake

Needs a few more features

We've been using both Ramp and Brex for the past 5 months or so. This week, we began migrating all of our users over to Ramp. So far, my experience has been great, minus the couple things I mentioned above. Ramp is definitely a great platform and I continue using/growing with Ramp in the future.

Pros

I think the overall platform is great. So many of the features are excellent and I'm not sure they could be improved. Examples of those features are the accounting section, the insight into users spending/card info, and searching for transactions.

Cons

There are two features that Ramp doesn't have/offer and is frustrating at times. I would love for there to be a Ramp app. We previously used Brex, and the ease of access with an app is great. Many (likely all) of our team would prefer to have an app, rather than going to Ramp's website. The other feature is offering a live chat option. Brex also had that feature, and issues could be addressed and resolved within minutes. When I've had to email Ramp support, the response is typically very fast. But once again, I think many users/admins that use Ramp would prefer a live chat option.

Reasons for switching to Ramp

Ramp offers better reporting features, and easier to make adjustments to users accounts. Also, a higher cash back percentage per transaction.

Matthew

Best card out there

Overall, it's made spending easier. Managing how much employees can spend, keeping track of software trials, and the manual parts of expensing is all so much easier now. I used to dread the end of every month but now that we have Ramp, the company runs a lot smoother.

Pros

Every aspect of the card is super easy. Bringing on new employees to the platform, creating new virtual cards, receipt matching and uploading, and categorization. I used to spend hours in expensing software and Ramp has saved me so much time from doing so.

Cons

There is nothing I can think of that can be improved.

Brock

Best offering

Pros

The product is easy to use and administer. The company is releasing very useful updates and features regularly and listens to it's users for future feature development. Slack integrated.

Cons

Keeping the card level accounting vs transaction level accounting. But that is on the roadmap and should be on their platform in the very short term.

Joyce

The Best Expense Reporting Card Management Software

I love it. My supervisors love it. It allows everyone to submit receipts and memos for expenses, immediately and then move on about their day. In the "old" days, we'd have to save our receipts, submit them with separate forms and hope everything was legible and didn't get lost. Ramp has removed all of those barriers and saved us so much money, just in time saved for staff.

Pros

The ability to e-mail and text receipts and memos is amazing. It eliminates the need for our managers to keep paper copies of receipts and allows for immediate reconciliation of expenses. This is hands down, the most popular feature of the product, with our supervisors.

Cons

At times, the software will assign a receipt to the incorrect transaction. This has only happened when there are multiple transactions with the same business, back to back. It is NOT a frequent issue.

Jake

Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Corporate card has already saved me $1,000

Pros

It took me no time to get set up with Ramp, and using their virtual cards while waiting for the physical cards to arrive. The software is incredibly simple and connects directly with my accounting software to eliminate me having to do a GL reconciliation every month. Plus they've already saved me $1,000 on other software I buy, by identifying deals I didn't know about!

Cons

I would love to be able to add my Ramp card to Apple Wallet

Divvy

Nick

Never going back to the old way

Pros

Ramp helps us see and control our spend in so many new ways. It was a game-changer for us. Other cards just want you to spend ... Ramp is totally different. On an ongoing basis, we are able to reduce inefficiencies, get a clearer picture, and cut costs. The best part is being able to equip, unify and empower our people with the tools to be part of the financial big picture, instead of them being just "cardholders".

Cons

Excited for the updates rolling out, no real complaints right now, we love the receipt matching functionality.

Reasons for switching to Ramp

The calculator for how much we would optimize and save vs our current card helped us make the decision to switch. We'd rather spend less, keep more in the company, versus waste more money on cards to earn "points" .... which have a fraction of value to a real dollar kept in the business.

Roberto

To me, Ramp is a no brainer

Ramp has allowed my team to very easily reconcile marketing budgets and spend with our bookkeeping. It's extremely easy to use, the support team is extremely responsive and the company is constantly pushing new features that add value on a regular basis. To me, it's really a no brainer.

Pros

- Obtaining my own corporate credit card was very easy and frictionless - I love how I can create multiple virtual cards that I use with different vendors and for different spend categories - The feature that automatically matches receipts with transactions is simply a game changer, it saves me and our finance team so much time - Replacing a card is extremely easy and quick

Diana

Industry: Oil & Energy

Corporate credit Card that Helps Save Money

Great service. Customer service is much better than other business credit cards.

Pros

I like the recommendations that the software generates based on monthly spending. It will recommend a different type of subscription or alert us to higher spending on a subscription

Cons

The platform allows us to download transactions into our accounting system but being able to schedule them would be a bonus

Robert

Ramp leads the pack and is essential for all businesses from the smallest to the largest

I had been dreaming of the product exactly as this for years. It typical but a shame the banks themselves didn't create this. It's fast, secure - using software token MFA, and works well on all devices, including mobile.

Pros

The ability to seamlessly create virtual payment cards - tied to each vendor - give you the perfect simplicity - but also massive security. By tying a card to a single vendor, you eliminate almost all fraud. Expense tracking is a breeze. Ramp has nailed the product experience. Everyone else is far behind.

Cons

There's not much to dislike. All of the feature requests I want are already coming soon: like restricting a payment card to a specific vendor. More personal fraud and audit controls - will make this even more indispensable.

Reasons for choosing Ramp

more focus on core use case, best in class UX

Industry: Investment Management

Saved us $10,000+

Ramp identifies third party vendors we use and negotiates better rates with them. They have more relevant partnerships than even Amex, our previous credit card.

Pros

While other credit cards focus on points and rewards, Ramp is the only credit card that focuses on helping us reduce our spend. It feels like every time I login, Ramp finds us new places to save thousands. Simply put, they improve our bottom line.

Cons

Every time I come up with something that’s missing, a day later it’s there. They somehow constantly read my mind and come up with new ways to save before I even realize I need them.

Help us save 2-3x

Reasons for switching to Ramp

In the covid era, reducing spend is key. I don’t care about travel or hotel rewards anymore; I care about our bottom line. Ramp does too.

Nathaniel

Best corporate card out there

Our experience with Ramp and their team has been first class. They've been true partners in helping us think about our business.

Pros

Ramp truly helps us save money and makes it incredibly easy to manage our corporate card. They've built extremely user friendly features that allow us to administer the card easily to our employees and give us fine grained control on spending limits by person and dept. Not to mention their 1.5% cash back is the best value out there!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, so far we like everything and way better than our previous corporate card.

Alexander

Best corporate card

Has been great so far!

Pros

Ramp is great. Auto receipt matching to expenses, easily add/remove cardholders, change address, etc. Support also responds very quickly and has been responsive when we run into any potential issues. Highliy recommends a card like this that is unsecured from personal liability and uses your actual cash balances. Its been great for us

Cons

Still can't add Ramp to Apple Pay so I end up using other cards when on the go and not wanting to pull out my wallet

Reasons for choosing Ramp

Easy setup, team is sharp, liked the rewards

Marc

Want to stay on top of your finances? Use Ramp.

We're so happy with Ramp and always look forward to learning what the team is up to in terms of new features. Ramp has enabled us to do easier and more efficient accounting and save both time and money.

Pros

-1.5% cash back -Ease of set-up and use -High limits -Constantly finding savings for my business and actionable insights -Stellar product and customer experience -Best in class fraud prevention -Love the Slack and QuickBooks integration

Cons

Cannot think of any downsides - everything has been going smoothly and well so far.

Great Software, Amazing Cash Back, Wonderful Support Staff

Nothing but good things about this company! Their rewards are phenomenal!

Pros

Ease of use and customization. We have a complex cost coding system, so I worked with their support staff and we were able to tailor the product to fit our needs. Support is great. They are quick to respond and determined to resolve any issue. I also love the receipt capturing technology

Cons

Every once in a while we lose the GL codes in the drop-down- but when I reach out to support they fix this right away

Marie

Love it

Excellent

Pros

So easy to use, beautiful design, startup friendly

Cons

Would love more features like paying bills

So easy to use

Raj

The best corporate credit card available

A+

Pros

- ease of use - features are exactly what fast growing companies need - love quick provisioning of physical and virtual cards for employees - expense control system is on point - super clean integration into QB (way better than what we had with chase or amex)

Cons

- nothing yet, it's been a super high quality experience thus far

- completely superior software solution - better / simpler rewards

- completely superior software solution - better / simpler rewards

Luke

Ramp is awesome!

Pros

For small companies, the credit limit logic is really nice. Based on business cash balance instead of personal credit. The mapping and the syncing to QuickBooks are really simple and the UI for coding expenses is great. The ability to use Virtual cards based on individual or vendor is fantastic and extremely convenient.

Cons

It would be nice to have automatic syncing, but it is only a one-click process to initiate from Ramp (can set a reminder to perform daily or weekly).

Reasons for switching to Ramp

We previously used CapitalOne business cards. They were perfectly fine for what we needed, but as we grow, we cannot scale with physical cards based on personal credit. Ramp makes it easy to authorize cards, set restrictions or limits, and monitor company-wide activity in real-time.

Sebastien

A smooth experience across all features

Pros

Ramp has done a great job of keeping things simple while still providing a long list of fantastic features. The partnerships are also a great asset

Cons

Creating virtual cards via the webportal is a little cumbersome compared to doing it with an app like Divvy, but everything else is smoother than other platforms

Kumar

Mission critical functionality

It's a card built by technologists and ideal for any company that wants automation and scaling. It gives every company a sort of Apple like experience for how they spend and manage spend.

Pros

The realtime notifications are mission critical to our operations. It has saved us ~8 hours a month and will save even more as we grow our company.

Cons

I wish they had metal cards, I'd pay a premium for that. I'm sure they'll add those at some point in the future.

4.89/5 out of 38 reviews