• Pros

• "I like the ease of comparing flights. I also like the ease of creating, submitting, and approving expense reports."

• "Easy to navigate. Uncomplicated menus make it easy to know what next steps are."

• "It’s quick and easy, not too many bells and whistles, packaged expense reports are great."

• Cons

• "It could be cool to have more types of rewards to use the points on. There is a good selection today but looking forward to more in the future."

• "At the beginning not that many hotels were included. Now the selection is a lot bigger and better!"

• "At times, when selecting a flight, it doesn't provide the time and options I need. I wish it would offer more rewards for lesser desired flights."

Browse TravelBank Reviews

Kandi from Clearlink

Travel Made Easier at Clearlink

As a large company, with locations in different states, and managers traveling to meet with clients, Clearlink was looking for a way to reduce travel spend, but overall have a seamless and streamlined user experience for booking travel. After demoing multiple platforms, Clearlink found TravelBank to be the ideal fit for our growing organization. Not only did TravelBank work heavily with us to refine our existing travel policy, their team is readily available for any questions that arise.

Pros

The TravelBank platform is extremely user friendly and intuitive. Their goal is to have you book a flight from start to finish in under a few minutes, and the process is simple and streamlined to take the headache out of booking travel. Aesthetically, the software is clean, well organized and visually pleasing. Adding users is simple with mass uploads, and deactivating employees is just as easy.

Cons

While not necessarily a con, TravelBank is continuing to develop new enhancements to their system, which means continued changes for our employees. That said, they’re positive changes! There are many items on the roadmap for this year, like rental cars, and as a company that has a high annual travel spend, we can already see we will rely heavily on the upcoming features. As a newer travel platform in an industry that hasn’t seen much change or innovation to travel, we’re excited to see the enhancements that are being made by TravelBank. As we continue to grow in headcount, the reporting capabilities could be increased to support our needs and provide deeper visibility into employee travel. Being able to integrate with an HRIS to remove the manual process of adding/deactivating users would be a nice addition.

Niara from Founder Shield

Quick but sometimes confusing

Pros

Its an easy way to get reimbursed. I know that once I submit a charge, it will seamlessly be taken care of on the back end

Cons

Sometimes the expense report vs individual charges gets confusing. I'll create a charge but cannot figure out how to put it in an expense report to submit it or how to submit it without using a whole report (I don't have many expenses so I am often only submitting one charge)

Response from Travelator

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the review Niara! You can submit expenses directly from the main "Expenses" screen by tapping "Submit" in the top-right on mobile, or clicking the 3-dot menu in the top-right on desktop; this will directly generate a report named "General Expenses" and submit it to your manager, and works great if you just have a few expenses each month. To assign expenses to a report, all you have to do is create a new report first from the "Reports" section of the menu. You can then create expenses directly from the new report you've just created. Also, each time you create a new expense from the main "Expenses" screen you can choose to assign it to any open Report. Hope that helps and let us know any time you have further questions or feedback!

Douglas from Vegas Enterprises

TravelBank nice!!

Pros

Simplicity! The ease of taking pictures and uploading.

Cons

I want to be able to select the dates for my expense report. It expenses whatever is logged at the moment

Steve from StreamSets

Why TravelBank sucks

Pros

The chat feature is okay. Representatives will respond fairly quickly.

Cons

When booking my flight to Bahrain, the following happened: 1. They only booked 4 of the 6 legs I requested, leaving my final destination as Kuwait City rather than Bahrain 2. They didn't add my frequent flyer number to the reservation as I had requested 3. My preferred airlines disappeared from the list the day I went to make my reservation. After waiting several hours, one of the airlines returned literally minutes before I was heading out of the office on a vacation. 4. My selected itinerary was originally in budget, but after entering my details and clicking the confirm button, the price magically jumped $200 and required my manager to approve. 5. Seat selection was not available on all legs, and the ones I selected were ignored when the system made my reservation.

Response from Travelator

Replied February 2019

Steve, we¿re so sorry about this difficult experience, as it¿s certainly not up to our standards. Your Customer Success Manager will work with you directly on making this up to you, and also rest assured that everything we¿ve learned from this situation will go towards improving the future experience for you and all of our other users. Please don¿t hesitate to reach out any time for any further feedback or questions!

Brian from Moss Enterprises

Perfect for keeping my records organized

With TravelBank, I do not have to worry about losing receipts.

Pros

It is very easy to simply photo my receipts and move on as I am traveling for my job. I love the simple way I can get a report with all the receipt photos at the end of the month. This makes it very easy to email to my office manager.

Cons

I wish there was a function that made it a bit easier at the end of the month for a single user. My company does not use the service system wide, so I have to put myself in as the employee and administrator. After I submit my month for approval, I have to approve it myself. Not a big deal, though.

Kajol from Linqia

Great software, difficult to figure out

Great!

Pros

I like the ability to book travel within and do expenses at the same time, very convenient.

Cons

Very hard to submit an expense, it needs to be first sent then added to a report then another step, slower than other softwares I have used.

Andy from canlas group inc

Travel Bank Review from Small Time user

It has been very easy to understand and implement.

Pros

Very simple to use and easy to integrate.

Cons

Nothing really noticed as con or a negative. I have a very simple business need and it takes care of it.

Reasons for Choosing TravelBank

Price and use

Great customer service!

Fantastic!

Pros

Very easy to use and user friendly. The back end customer service is bar-none.

Cons

There is nothing that I have come across thus far that I do not like

Daniel from Panacea Group, LLC

Useful and quick

Pros

TB is very intuitive and the format is functional.

Cons

The 'read/recognition ' for vendor is lacking. Seems fonts confuse it.

Valerie from Good Apple

Easy and Convenient

Pros

- easy to use - easy to access - great customer service

Cons

To be honest, I don't have any cons. Everything has gone great so far!

Amulya from Paragon Hotel Company

Amazing App for an amazing Price (free)

One word - "Amazing"

Pros

The ease and simplicity of the product is wonderful. The best part is that you can pull it up on the laptop and finish anything you started on your phone. The Customer service is impeccable. I don't know how you maintain that level of service with a free app. This is a great app and making it free to use, is wonderful. The developer has done a marvelous job.

Cons

Honestly there are no Cons considering its free. I would though, definitely suggest some wishful items that can probably make this app extraordinary. 1. Have OCR recognition to catch receipts details. 2. Give user a full access to change anything in their profile, like Company name, company setup and other items. 3. Allow to change/add logo for the reports, with ability to extract as CSV file. Once again I am not classifying these as cons, but suggestions to build on current platform and make it truly an exceptional app.

Response from Travelator

Replied March 2019

Wow what an awesome review! We're blushing. Glad you find it so easy to use and appreciate the customer service. We actually do employ OCR for receipt scanning and are working on updating the employee profile customization. Great suggestions!

Matthew from InTech Aerospace

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Easy expense reporting

This app has saved me countless hours through its intuitive setup

Pros

Love that it scans the receipt pic for as much info as possible. Also love that TB will send report straight to accounting or cfo

Cons

Would like a little more control and the ability to add multiple expenses under one title. Also to change the expense report name

Jonathan from DoorDash

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Helpful, streamlined and the rewards are great!

Pros

Very intuitive and straight-forward. My preferred booking method is Google Flights and this was right up there in terms of bringing the information into a streamlined UI. It makes decision-making much simpler when booking.

Cons

I flew Southwest, and the check-in process for Southwest is cutthroat. If you don't check in 24 hours at the dot, you get pretty lousy seating options. TravelBank didn't notify me of check-in until almost 10 minutes had passed since it opened up. This was long enough of a disparity that I got almost the very last boarding position. I set my own alarm for the return flight check-in to avoid this problem on the return flight. Check-in notification emails should go out exactly when it is time.

Rodline from Good Apple Digital

Pure Genius and Ease!

my overall experience is great so far! I have a great rep.

Pros

I like that the software is very easy to use.

Cons

I don't believe i have the option to create a different expense besides General Expense.

Reasons for Choosing TravelBank

travelbank is free per use

More admin features would be nice

The service seems very effective at helping coordinate expenses, and encouraging employees to easily book their own travel arrangements under one over-arching umbrella; however, for small teams that don't need extra expense tracking the features are a bit over-inflated and underwhelming on the administration front.

Pros

The online platform is very simple and straightforward; integration with company credit card is seamless; customer service is lightning fast!

Cons

Lacking in high level admin functions - managing multiple traveler profiles: i.e. adding in multiple frequent traveler programs simultaneously and to the same contact etc. I have not yet seen any price breaks/negotiated lower rates for any of my travel searches.

Response from Travelator

Replied January 2019

Hi there, thanks for the incredibly valuable feedback. We're continually working to diversify and augment our travel inventory, so hopefully you'll see more lower rates soon. We're also happy to share that we have many improvements to administrative features in the works! As such, we would love to hear out your ideas in more detail, so if you'd be open to it, please shoot us a note at support@travelbank.com and reference this Capterra review; we'll take it from there!

Jay from Meganite

Industry: Building Materials

Travel

Pros

This is the most user friendly expense software I have ever used.

Cons

The lack of segments. I would like to see more options.

Brendan from Foundershield, LLC

fast and easy to use

Makes it quick and easy to file expenses

Pros

It is extremely easy to add expenses on the go. Takes a minute or two to add an expense and file a report.

Cons

I mostly expense Uber/Lyft rides - it would be nice if the receipts automatically uploaded so I wouldn't have to screenshot each one. Or some kind of partnership with Uber/Lyft so that there is an option to automatically expense a particular trip within the Uber/Lyft app while the ride is being ordered.

Response from Travelator

Replied March 2018

Hi Brendan, thanks for the review! One way to make expensing rideshares more easily is to simply forward the email receipts to us, and we'll automatically generate expenses for you: https://support.travelbank.com/getting-started-with-expenses/for-employees/forwarding-email-receipts With Uber, you can even use the instructions for "From your Personal Email Account" to set "email+domain@receipts.travelbank.com" as your "Work" email address in the Uber app, and those receipts will get forwarded automatically! Please don't hesitate to let us know any other questions or feedback you may have.

Allen from PolyTuff Systems Internafional

Industry: Chemicals

Ease of use

Pros

TravekBank makes traveling life so easy. Mobile camera capture the receipts and make logging into the system a breeze.

Cons

It’s a great system - no complaints. The system allows me to do it all.

Jesus from Salesforce

Pros

Easy to use Prices seemed pretty much the same on airlines direct website I would negotiate with airline directly on offering discounts.

Angela from DoorDash

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great for Employees

Pros

As a consumer, my favorite feature are the rewards (points to redeem gift cards) you receive for spending under your budget!

Cons

I don't think the budgets set are realistic. I don't see how companies are saving because it allows employees to spend a LOT on flights on hotels. Even though the rewards are great, it's because the budgets are set really high.

Response from Travelator

Replied February 2019

Hi Angela, glad you're enjoying the rewards! Our budgets are calculated with our proprietary algorithm based on a live feed of real-time data. If at any time you see budgets that you feel are too high OR too low, feel free to send them in to support@travelbank.com and we'll take a look!

JOAN from AWL Automation, LLC

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great. I love working with Connor Lawrence and the Travel Team.

This APP allows the Finance Team to quickly audit the expense reports. Very user friendly. I also personally love the travel options. I went on a trip to MX for business and I have only positive things about the service. I forgot to say for improvements, please add a field so we can add the Gl Account number for future to assist with Accounting postings.

Pros

The ease of use of the APP and desktop version, the friendly staff, and the 24 hour concierge service.

Cons

We would like some additional features which has been shared with Connor for future upgrades. We would prefer the customer and description fields to be mandatory. We also need a Job Task field so we can easily use for job accounting postings. Also the Admin cannot see if an EE's expense report is still unsubmitted or if he is still in his Supervisor's box for approval. I always have to ask Conner Lawrence to investigate. Would prefer a canned report that would let the Admin know this information.

Aleksandar from Spa Centar

Overall Great Software!

Pros

I liked that it was very easy to use because the UI is very minimalistic.

Cons

I did not like that the software could not recognize other currencies.

Super helpful app for managing travel and expenses!

Pros

Powerful mobile app makes it easy to take photos and record expenses, like that you can set up rewards for booking travel, can even hook up with your bank account

Cons

There aren't that many detractors that I can think of for why to use this application, a lot of it comes down to your preference on the user interface. As an admin the reporting can be a little hard to find for the first time but is otherwise very user friendly

Useful Review with Room for Improvement

Pros

Customer service was wonderful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me immensely, though I was hoping to book my flight myself.

Cons

This was my first time using TravelBank and the experience could have been better. I was trying to find a flight from Vancouver, BC to Phoenix, AZ, however numerous attempts still left me with no results and to try again.

Response from Travelator

Replied March 2019

We're glad to hear Brenda was able to help you out but apologize that was an extra step you had to take for this booking. We'll pass this on to our product team to see what the issue may have been. Thanks for the feedback and we hope you avoid this problem in the future with any bookings! We appreciate your patience and taking the time to let us know.

Jordan from Blue Pearl

Very easy to use and the rewards are amazing.

Pros

The most I like about this is how easy the app is to use and if you need help there is always someone there to answer the questions you have.

Cons

I didn't have much trouble booking with the app, as a new user it did take a minute to become familiar with the the search engine but after that booking my flight was very simple . The app also great technical support and responded promptly with any questions I did have .

Davis from Jumpcut

TravelBank has been the best expense tool I've used

Makes expenses so much easier.

Pros

- Customer service is Top 1% - everyone I've interacted with from Connor to the rest of the travel team has been responsive and rewarding.

Cons

- Still confused about the travel booking since it doesn't verify/confirm my booking right away so for last-minute trips, I'm cautious about using it.

Salil from Adobe

Review by Salil Kanetkar

Pros

The software is very convenient to use and money saving too. I have already recommended it to a few colleagues of mine.

Cons

During my first usage, I had some confusion about the usability of the UI. It led me to some confusion and I ended up purchasing a ticket twice. But the customer support staff was able to help me with it.

TravelBank rocks

Great CX

Pros

Ease of use and management process. Team does their reports.

Cons

Not much. Solid app and process. Very happy

Lyle from Hobo Labs

Industry: Computer Games

Awesome modern app that's easy to setup!

Pros

Simple travel bookings and budgeting in a clean, clutter-free interface. All enterprise software should be like this.

Awesome travel budgeting and rewards!

Pros

It's awesome to have an application where you can budget travel expenses and then get rewarded for saving! Very cool concept and the user experience is done very well!

Bob from Meals on Wheels Tulsa

All in ONE

Easy to use, great functionality and is a huge time saver.

Pros

For a busy traveler and to help your life when you return to the office. The TravelBank has you covered, an all in one app to keep you on track!

Cons

some of the ways to do reports but was easily resolved

Christopher from Point and Click Games

Industry: Computer Games

TravelBank

When I travel I use TravelBank, it just makes things so much easier. Before I started using this I googled or Binged searches to find locations, prices, etc for the area I was in. This makes it super easy for your traveling needs.

Pros

Features, ease of use, and a simple interface to avoid confusion. This app is very well done, I like the layout and the features, as its great when I have to travel. I am able to instantly find any flights, hotels/motels, etc within a short time.

Cons

Its easy to use when you get used to it, so it will take some time before you really get comfortable with all the features.

A dedicated travel agent at the tip of your fingers!

Pros

TravelBank's in-app chat support is fantastic. The representatives can quickly an easily complete tasks that would otherwise be a hassle: alter itinerary, book upgraded seats, make special requests to hotel, etc. As a typical startup "road warrior" without a secretary, this saves me tons of time and offloads the mental energy of worrying about these tasks. Having TravelBank is like having a dedicated, always-available travel agent -- someone who's got my back!

Cons

TravelBank is still a new platform that has plenty of room to grow into more advanced features. But the basics you need are all there and work smoothly. Anything else can be accomplished for you by the support staff.

Response from Travelator

Replied April 2019

We're glad you're enjoying the in-app support and found our representatives helpful. Saving you time and energy is our top priority, so we're happy to hear that. As you said, we're constantly growing and hope you continue to enjoy the new features. Thanks for the review!

Jordan from Stride Health

Travelbank makes reimbursement and expense tracking easy!

Pros

It's easy to upload receipts and submit expenses for reimbursement. Travelbank has also made it easy to book flights directly from their desktop site!

Cons

I would love to get additional emails when my expense report has been approved and reimbursement has been posted to my account. After an initial confirmation email letting me know I submitted a report there's a lack of communication.

Adam from Welders Equipment inc

TravelBank review

Pros

Offering a free software for this is excellent. The ease of taking pictures and having receipts scanned is great.

Cons

The app is a little laggy, Scanning receipts takes a awhile.

Pat from StreamSets

Easy Flight/Hotel Booking

I've booked a few flights and hotels with TravelBank. Good experience so far, responsive customer support when I did hit an issue.

Pros

Web UI is up-to-date and user friendly Employees are rewarded for smart choices while companies save money

Cons

Nothing really to dislike, to be honest. Some of the instructions passed through from the hotel was unclear, but that wasn't TravelBank's fault.

Response from Travelator

Replied March 2019

Hi Pat, thanks for the review and glad you're enjoying the rewards! If there is ever any confusion due to unclear instructions from the hotel, our customer support team is always on standby to help at support@travelbank.com.

Ankush from Fugue

Really easy to use T&E software

Pros

One stop solution for booking reservations and expenses easily.

Cons

There was no way to override approval from manager for last minute travel reservations.

Really User Friendly

Pros

- Simple dashboard that allows you easily to navigate on both website or app - Estimate budgets, shows your the average cost per night

Cons

- "earn up to $XX" can be confused for new users

Becky from Becky Rees Creative LLC

Saved money booking my first trip thru your app; finding flight info later was not so straitforward.

Through a referral code I was able to save twenty percent, if I am remembering correctly. That's what got me to try out and book through your app for the first time. Thank you!

Pros

Saving money and comparing flight itinerary options; I haven't used the mileage tracker yet, but hear that it is great.

Cons

That flights I booked through the app were not easy to find in your app later when I went to see the details on flight dates/times, etc. I kept seeing budget info, but not flight details. I eventually found the flights and was able to add them to the airline apps later, which was helpful.

Abbie from Cameo

Easy to book and super affordable

Awesome - easiest flight booking ever!

Pros

The flights were easy to find and the details were easy to read! Flights were actually cheaper via TravelBank than directly through the airline website. The passenger details were easy to fill out too. No ads for hire cars and hotels etc so pretty seamless experience

Cons

Would have preferred more airline choice!

Response from Travelator

Replied February 2019

Hey Abbie, So glad to hear that you're finding our booking experience easy to use! We're constantly working to expand our inventory, so any time you have suggestions or requests feel free to send them in to support@travelbank.com.

customer service is great

Pros

customer service- available almost all the time

Cons

flexibility around travel plans and not being able to chose the seats

Response from Travelator

Replied February 2019

Hi there, glad you are happy with our customer service, as that is of utmost importance to us! Seat selection is available on all flights where the airlines allow it, on both flight selection and checkout screens. If you have any troubles, you can always contact one of our agents during / after you book and they'll be more than happy to help you secure the best seat you can get! Could you please elaborate more around what you'd like to see regarding "flexibility around travel plans"? Thanks again for the feedback!

Ayala from BrandTotal

Industry: Online Media

Great software!

We wanted our employees to have the freedom to choose their own flights. With Travelbank our team books their own flights without asking us for approval.

Pros

super easy to use. our team really like it. Also, changing or canceling flights it's easy because always the team helps you with that.

Cons

I'd like as an admin to get to my email, employees fights.

Response from Travelator

Replied February 2019

Hey Ayala, so glad that TravelBank has simplified business travel for your team. Thanks for the feedback around admin email receipt functionality, that is something we're actively investigating!

Karla from Silicon Valley Bank

TravelBank

Pros

I really like the promotions, sales, and offers that the website offers to the user.

Cons

Does not list ALL flights available in other websites.

Travis from Mercy, Inc.

Good Product

Pros

It is easier to use and a good value for the cost.

Cons

The reporting to accounting is not super-easy.

Donald from CampbellStoneRetirementLiving

Love this app

Pros

Its very easy to use, keeps us organized.

Cons

I have to stay committed to taking pictures of receipts

Kristi from Signify

Easy travel booking for business? Yes, please!

Not a lot of excess to sort through when using the app. I appreciated how easy it was to navigate and select just what I needed. I also like that it aggregated Southwest Airlines when a lot of the other searches don't.

Pros

It was extremely easy to use. I booked my flight in just a few minutes! It was also referred to me by an organization I trust, so it made taking the leap a no-brainer.

Cons

I didn't like that I could only book it via the app, but they have since fixed that, so I look forward to trying the desktop version in the future.

William from Hexagon Energy

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great service

Pros

So far, the ease of interface and interaction with customer service

Cons

Not seeing option for government employee pricing, nor are my reservations pairing with my respective airline or hotel rewards accounts

Response from Travelator

Replied February 2019

Thanks for both the positive and constructive feedback, William. Your flight reservations should automatically pair to your airline loyalty program as long as you enter your frequent flyer number at checkout -- please don't hesitate to reach out to support@travelbank.com if this isn't happening for you!

TravelBank made it easy to track my expenses for a business trip to NYC

Pros

TravelBank made it super easy to track and submit my travel expenses. There's functionality to generate a final expense report, TravelBank's interface makes it a breeze to categorize expenses, and finding flights was ridiculously easy.

Cons

TravelBank takes a lot of memory on your phone and uses a lot of data when you are not on a wifi network. If you are on wifi when adding expenses to your report, there's a good chance the application will close part way through adding the expense.

My first choice travel app

Pros

Its easy to use and free. Furthermore the service is great and I can additionally use it as a desktop version.

TravelBank is really fun and easy to use!

Knowing what my budget is for a business trip, and having all my expenses in one place easy to refer back to.

Pros

TravelBank is super easy to use and I like knowing what my budget is for business trips. Great way to keep your employees informed on budgets and make it easy for them to book business trips.

Cons

Nothing! I thought booking my flight through the system was easy to do. I can't wait to continue using more of the systems features.