Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "Ease of access. I could easily browse through the page without much difficulty "

• "So far, the ease of interface and interaction with customer service"

• "The chat feature is okay. Representatives will respond fairly quickly."

• "Easy to use and clear. I like the idea of reward program and being able to check your funds for travels"

• Cons

• "I'd like to have a way to book multiple people at one time and be able to book my flight and hotel at the same time. "

• "Nothing! I thought booking my flight through the system was easy to do. I can't wait to continue using more of the systems features."

• "I thought the pricing was a bit higher and could have gotten better deals if I had went outside of the system."

• "I haven't found anything that I don't like yet. "

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 63 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Amulya from Paragon Hotel Company

Amazing App for an amazing Price (free)

One word - "Amazing"

Pros

The ease and simplicity of the product is wonderful. The best part is that you can pull it up on the laptop and finish anything you started on your phone. The Customer service is impeccable. I don't know how you maintain that level of service with a free app. This is a great app and making it free to use, is wonderful. The developer has done a marvelous job.

Cons

Honestly there are no Cons considering its free. I would though, definitely suggest some wishful items that can probably make this app extraordinary. 1. Have OCR recognition to catch receipts details. 2. Give user a full access to change anything in their profile, like Company name, company setup and other items. 3. Allow to change/add logo for the reports, with ability to extract as CSV file. Once again I am not classifying these as cons, but suggestions to build on current platform and make it truly an exceptional app.

Response from Travelator of

Replied March 2019

Wow what an awesome review! We're blushing. Glad you find it so easy to use and appreciate the customer service. We actually do employ OCR for receipt scanning and are working on updating the employee profile customization. Great suggestions!

Kandi from Clearlink

Travel Made Easier at Clearlink

As a large company, with locations in different states, and managers traveling to meet with clients, Clearlink was looking for a way to reduce travel spend, but overall have a seamless and streamlined user experience for booking travel. After demoing multiple platforms, Clearlink found TravelBank to be the ideal fit for our growing organization. Not only did TravelBank work heavily with us to refine our existing travel policy, their team is readily available for any questions that arise.

Pros

The TravelBank platform is extremely user friendly and intuitive. Their goal is to have you book a flight from start to finish in under a few minutes, and the process is simple and streamlined to take the headache out of booking travel. Aesthetically, the software is clean, well organized and visually pleasing. Adding users is simple with mass uploads, and deactivating employees is just as easy.

Cons

While not necessarily a con, TravelBank is continuing to develop new enhancements to their system, which means continued changes for our employees. That said, they’re positive changes! There are many items on the roadmap for this year, like rental cars, and as a company that has a high annual travel spend, we can already see we will rely heavily on the upcoming features. As a newer travel platform in an industry that hasn’t seen much change or innovation to travel, we’re excited to see the enhancements that are being made by TravelBank.
As we continue to grow in headcount, the reporting capabilities could be increased to support our needs and provide deeper visibility into employee travel. Being able to integrate with an HRIS to remove the manual process of adding/deactivating users would be a nice addition.

Jonathan from DoorDash

Helpful, streamlined and the rewards are great!

Pros

Very intuitive and straight-forward. My preferred booking method is Google Flights and this was right up there in terms of bringing the information into a streamlined UI. It makes decision-making much simpler when booking.

Cons

I flew Southwest, and the check-in process for Southwest is cutthroat. If you don't check in 24 hours at the dot, you get pretty lousy seating options. TravelBank didn't notify me of check-in until almost 10 minutes had passed since it opened up. This was long enough of a disparity that I got almost the very last boarding position. I set my own alarm for the return flight check-in to avoid this problem on the return flight. Check-in notification emails should go out exactly when it is time.

More admin features would be nice

The service seems very effective at helping coordinate expenses, and encouraging employees to easily book their own travel arrangements under one over-arching umbrella; however, for small teams that don't need extra expense tracking the features are a bit over-inflated and underwhelming on the administration front.

Pros

The online platform is very simple and straightforward; integration with company credit card is seamless; customer service is lightning fast!

Cons

Lacking in high level admin functions - managing multiple traveler profiles: i.e. adding in multiple frequent traveler programs simultaneously and to the same contact etc. I have not yet seen any price breaks/negotiated lower rates for any of my travel searches.

Response from Travelator of

Replied January 2019

Hi there, thanks for the incredibly valuable feedback. We're continually working to diversify and augment our travel inventory, so hopefully you'll see more lower rates soon. We're also happy to share that we have many improvements to administrative features in the works! As such, we would love to hear out your ideas in more detail, so if you'd be open to it, please shoot us a note at support@travelbank.com and reference this Capterra review; we'll take it from there!

Niara from Founder Shield

Quick but sometimes confusing

Pros

Its an easy way to get reimbursed. I know that once I submit a charge, it will seamlessly be taken care of on the back end

Cons

Sometimes the expense report vs individual charges gets confusing. I'll create a charge but cannot figure out how to put it in an expense report to submit it or how to submit it without using a whole report (I don't have many expenses so I am often only submitting one charge)

Response from Travelator of

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the review Niara! You can submit expenses directly from the main "Expenses" screen by tapping "Submit" in the top-right on mobile, or clicking the 3-dot menu in the top-right on desktop; this will directly generate a report named "General Expenses" and submit it to your manager, and works great if you just have a few expenses each month. To assign expenses to a report, all you have to do is create a new report first from the "Reports" section of the menu. You can then create expenses directly from the new report you've just created. Also, each time you create a new expense from the main "Expenses" screen you can choose to assign it to any open Report. Hope that helps and let us know any time you have further questions or feedback!

Brendan from Foundershield, LLC

fast and easy to use

Makes it quick and easy to file expenses

Pros

It is extremely easy to add expenses on the go. Takes a minute or two to add an expense and file a report.

Cons

I mostly expense Uber/Lyft rides - it would be nice if the receipts automatically uploaded so I wouldn't have to screenshot each one. Or some kind of partnership with Uber/Lyft so that there is an option to automatically expense a particular trip within the Uber/Lyft app while the ride is being ordered.

Response from Travelator of

Replied March 2018

Hi Brendan, thanks for the review! One way to make expensing rideshares more easily is to simply forward the email receipts to us, and we'll automatically generate expenses for you: https://support.travelbank.com/getting-started-with-expenses/for-employees/forwarding-email-receipts With Uber, you can even use the instructions for "From your Personal Email Account" to set "email+domain@receipts.travelbank.com" as your "Work" email address in the Uber app, and those receipts will get forwarded automatically! Please don't hesitate to let us know any other questions or feedback you may have.

Jesus from Salesforce

Pros

Easy to use Prices seemed pretty much the same on airlines direct website I would negotiate with airline directly on offering discounts.

Angela from DoorDash

Great for Employees

Pros

As a consumer, my favorite feature are the rewards (points to redeem gift cards) you receive for spending under your budget!

Cons

I don't think the budgets set are realistic. I don't see how companies are saving because it allows employees to spend a LOT on flights on hotels. Even though the rewards are great, it's because the budgets are set really high.

Response from Travelator of

Replied February 2019

Hi Angela, glad you're enjoying the rewards! Our budgets are calculated with our proprietary algorithm based on a live feed of real-time data. If at any time you see budgets that you feel are too high OR too low, feel free to send them in to support@travelbank.com and we'll take a look!

JOAN from AWL Automation, LLC

Great. I love working with Connor Lawrence and the Travel Team.

This APP allows the Finance Team to quickly audit the expense reports. Very user friendly. I also personally love the travel options. I went on a trip to MX for business and I have only positive things about the service. I forgot to say for improvements, please add a field so we can add the Gl Account number for future to assist with Accounting postings.

Pros

The ease of use of the APP and desktop version, the friendly staff, and the 24 hour concierge service.

Cons

We would like some additional features which has been shared with Connor for future upgrades. We would prefer the customer and description fields to be mandatory. We also need a Job Task field so we can easily use for job accounting postings. Also the Admin cannot see if an EE's expense report is still unsubmitted or if he is still in his Supervisor's box for approval. I always have to ask Conner Lawrence to investigate. Would prefer a canned report that would let the Admin know this information.

Super helpful app for managing travel and expenses!

Pros

Powerful mobile app makes it easy to take photos and record expenses, like that you can set up rewards for booking travel, can even hook up with your bank account

Cons

There aren't that many detractors that I can think of for why to use this application, a lot of it comes down to your preference on the user interface. As an admin the reporting can be a little hard to find for the first time but is otherwise very user friendly

Useful Review with Room for Improvement

Pros

Customer service was wonderful! Brenda helped me immensely, though I was hoping to book my flight myself.

Cons

This was my first time using TravelBank and the experience could have been better. I was trying to find a flight from Vancouver, BC to Phoenix, AZ, however numerous attempts still left me with no results and to try again.

Response from Travelator of

Replied March 2019

We're glad to hear Brenda was able to help you out but apologize that was an extra step you had to take for this booking. We'll pass this on to our product team to see what the issue may have been. Thanks for the feedback and we hope you avoid this problem in the future with any bookings! We appreciate your patience and taking the time to let us know.

Jordan from Blue Pearl

Very easy to use and the rewards are amazing.

Pros

The most I like about this is how easy the app is to use and if you need help there is always someone there to answer the questions you have.

Cons

I didn't have much trouble booking with the app, as a new user it did take a minute to become familiar with the the search engine but after that booking my flight was very simple . The app also great technical support and responded promptly with any questions I did have .

Steve from StreamSets

Why TravelBank sucks

Pros

The chat feature is okay. Representatives will respond fairly quickly.

Cons

When booking my flight to Bahrain, the following happened:
1. They only booked 4 of the 6 legs I requested, leaving my final destination as Kuwait City rather than Bahrain
2. They didn't add my frequent flyer number to the reservation as I had requested
3. My preferred airlines disappeared from the list the day I went to make my reservation. After waiting several hours, one of the airlines returned literally minutes before I was heading out of the office on a vacation.
4. My selected itinerary was originally in budget, but after entering my details and clicking the confirm button, the price magically jumped $200 and required my manager to approve.
5. Seat selection was not available on all legs, and the ones I selected were ignored when the system made my reservation.

Response from Travelator of

Replied February 2019

Steve, we¿re so sorry about this difficult experience, as it¿s certainly not up to our standards. Your Customer Success Manager will work with you directly on making this up to you, and also rest assured that everything we¿ve learned from this situation will go towards improving the future experience for you and all of our other users. Please don¿t hesitate to reach out any time for any further feedback or questions!

Davis from Jumpcut

TravelBank has been the best expense tool I've used

Makes expenses so much easier.

Pros

- Customer service is Top 1% - everyone I've interacted with from Connor to the rest of the travel team has been responsive and rewarding.

Cons

- Still confused about the travel booking since it doesn't verify/confirm my booking right away so for last-minute trips, I'm cautious about using it.

Salil from Adobe

Review by Salil Kanetkar

Pros

The software is very convenient to use and money saving too. I have already recommended it to a few colleagues of mine.

Cons

During my first usage, I had some confusion about the usability of the UI. It led me to some confusion and I ended up purchasing a ticket twice. But the customer support staff was able to help me with it.

TravelBank rocks

Great CX

Pros

Ease of use and management process. Team does their reports.

Cons

Not much. Solid app and process. Very happy

Awesome travel budgeting and rewards!

Pros

It's awesome to have an application where you can budget travel expenses and then get rewarded for saving! Very cool concept and the user experience is done very well!

Cons

It could be cool to have more types of rewards to use the points on. There is a good selection today but looking forward to more in the future.

Christopher from Point and Click Games

TravelBank

When I travel I use TravelBank, it just makes things so much easier. Before I started using this I googled or Binged searches to find locations, prices, etc for the area I was in. This makes it super easy for your traveling needs.

Pros

Features, ease of use, and a simple interface to avoid confusion. This app is very well done, I like the layout and the features, as its great when I have to travel. I am able to instantly find any flights, hotels/motels, etc within a short time.

Cons

Its easy to use when you get used to it, so it will take some time before you really get comfortable with all the features.

A dedicated travel agent at the tip of your fingers!

Pros

TravelBank's in-app chat support is fantastic. The representatives can quickly an easily complete tasks that would otherwise be a hassle: alter itinerary, book upgraded seats, make special requests to hotel, etc. As a typical startup "road warrior" without a secretary, this saves me tons of time and offloads the mental energy of worrying about these tasks. Having TravelBank is like having a dedicated, always-available travel agent -- someone who's got my back!

Cons

TravelBank is still a new platform that has plenty of room to grow into more advanced features. But the basics you need are all there and work smoothly. Anything else can be accomplished for you by the support staff.

Response from Travelator of

Replied April 2019

We're glad you're enjoying the in-app support and found our representatives helpful. Saving you time and energy is our top priority, so we're happy to hear that. As you said, we're constantly growing and hope you continue to enjoy the new features. Thanks for the review!

Jordan from Stride Health

Travelbank makes reimbursement and expense tracking easy!

Pros

It's easy to upload receipts and submit expenses for reimbursement. Travelbank has also made it easy to book flights directly from their desktop site!

Cons

I would love to get additional emails when my expense report has been approved and reimbursement has been posted to my account. After an initial confirmation email letting me know I submitted a report there's a lack of communication.