All webexpenses Reviews

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Yep

Good

PROS

Having everything we need in one place makes it easier to process credit card expenses

CONS

Website going down results in questions from employees and delays in processing

Cost

Hi Thomas, Thank you for leaving Webexpenses a review. It's great to hear that having everything in one place is making managing your credit card expenses easier to do. Have a great day, Amber, your Webexpenses team

Esther

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Used less than 6 months

Great Customer Service

PROS

I like the overall ease of use and simplicity of the software. Anyone should be able to get the hang of using it in a short/reasonable space of time.

CONS

I have not found anything I don't particularly like so far.

Reasons for switching to webexpenses

Our company have demerged from a larger entity and we were looking for a suitable alternative that gives us a streamlined transition

Hi Esther, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, we value your feedback! Be on the lookout for new updates and features coming in the near future. All the best, Webexpenses

Replied April 2020

Alice

Reviewed December 2017

The day to day use of webexpenses is fine from a users perspective but less flexible for an admin

PROS

The best part of the software is the mobile app. If you enter your own claims as you go the system is great.

CONS

The lack of flexibility around mileage has been an issue for us and updating admin as we have a number of divisions. Running reports over different divisions for managers who are approvers for people in different divisions. People in the same team have to be in different divisions to manage the mileage therefore it falls back to the mileage rates not being flexible enough. Being able to set a mileage rate or rates by user would be the most beneficial improvement for us. Webexpenses often runs slow, the cloud icon turns for a few seconds before running reports and adding attachments etc. When a PA enters the expenses on behalf of their manager they find the process cumbersome and very slow, for example attaching receipts is slow and not being able to sort the order the receipts are entered (for example in date order) means that when faced with a pile of receipts from their manager they have to spend time sorting them first then attaching and then trying to identify which attachment is which from the repository before attaching to the claim lines. I have expressed a few times that I feel there is a step missing in the process, currently a user enters a claim, they submit it, it is approved and then gets finance approval and it is marked as paid. It then disappears from view and the only way to get a list of who you are paying is to run a report based on dates which risks missing or duplicating. There needs to be a passed for payment stage and then paid.

Hi Alice, Thank you for leaving a review for Webexpenses. It's great to hear that you like the mobile app. In regards to the mileage issues you have had I would recommend reaching out to our customer support team, they are always happy to help and have a wealth of knowledge on the system and troubleshooting, many thanks Amber, Your Webexpenses Team

Charity

Non-Profit Organization Management, 10,000+ employees

Webexpenses is worth it!

10 out of 10. I dont think i could ever go back to using a different app to track my mileage and expenses.

PROS

The Auto saved and generated familiar addresses makes it so easy to input alot of addresses in a short amount of time after a long day of work.

CONS

Nothing, I think it's a wonderful business tool.

Insurance, 11-50 employees

A really helpful tool!

We are saving loads of time by automating a lot of the data entry associated with expense claims.

PROS

I really like how this product makes it possible to automate a lot of the expenses process. Before a lot of my time was wasted on duplicating data entry, but now we are able to be completely paperless which both saves money on postage for the company and is good for the environment, and saves me time whilst making audits easier. It integrates to Xero as well which also saves time

CONS

We have multiple organisations in Xero but we can only integrate with one of them. This isn't terrible because I am still saved a lot of time, but it would be even better if this functionality was available. As a very minor point it would also be good if the receipt was maximised when I click on it.

Hello David, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We value your feedback and appreciate the fact you've had a great experience. We are constantly adding new integrations, so be on the lookout for new updates in the neaR future. All the best, Webexpenses

Replied April 2020

Alexandra

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Great software

The system is great - allows me to manage my accounts and have regular updates in terms of my claim processes

PROS

The system is easy to use, it is simple to add receipts to claims and to see the status of the claim

CONS

The screen where you input the details of the claim could be full size rather than half screen

Retail, 51-200 employees

Webexpenses

PROS

quick and easy to use clear functional

CONS

using on mobile phone for mileage and tracking is difficult to amend the map

Llewellen

Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2023

over all really good and easy to use, not had many issues with the app on my phone and i can approve my staffs expenses and review their information to make sure all is correct.

PROS

Easy for me to show staff how to use and clam back their business mileage.

CONS

the map function sometimes bugs out when you are plotting your drive to and from if you click next and need to amend it, it wont let you add any more you have to restart.

joanna

Civic & Social Organization, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

much easier process

user friendly and ensures expenses are paid quickly - which is great

PROS

once i knew how to use it , it is really easy. the whole process is pretty straightforward, and i like the receipt upload facility

CONS

can be quite 'clicky' and it would be helpful if the system 'recognised' elements from previous claims and saved the info (ie i generally always do 'mileage')

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Value For Money

Never had any issues always user friendly

PROS

Easy to use , fast and effective. easy to navigate ...

CONS

nothing.. it runs smoothly and easy to upload

Ken

Warehousing, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Underdelivered

This started out on a positive note. But quickly deteriorated when we found out that their solution did not integrate with our banking partner as promised. The contact was signed prior to learning that they did not integrate to our bank as they had stated during the initial conversations. Was the contract was signed and during the workflow configuration we became aware of the issue. Their response was that we could manually download our transactions from the bank and upload them to their system. This defeated the benefits of moving forward with their solution. We have been invoiced monthly for services not implemented and have tried to get them to nullify the contact since they misrepresented its capabilities. They have refused and continue to invoice us.

PROS

Would have met our current needs should they have implemented as promised.

CONS

lack of integration with our banking partner.

Reason for choosing webexpenses

Simple solution that was presented to have existing integration with our banking partner.

Ella

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2021

WebExpenses is the way forward

Great experience. The account manager and support staff are very helpful and friendly. They are prompt in replies and actions.

PROS

I like the ease of use and the mobile app version. This is great for users who are on the go visiting different clients around the world, as you can do your expenses while waiting in airport lounges or literally just as the cashier prints the receipt for you. Also, I love the credit card API- as you do not have to write out the transactions. Brilliant!

CONS

The new dashboard is not customisable currently; nor can I schedule expense reports to be run and emailed to me yet. These features would be really nice to haves.

Reason for choosing webexpenses

We used to handle expenses manually; and we wanted a system that was scaleable; that could cover multiple currencies and mileage rates from the UK and ROI. WeExpenses fulfills our needs.

Hi Ella, Thanks for your review and great feedback! I will send your notes on the dashboard and report to our Product Manager for consideration in future development updates. All the best, Hayley, from your Webexpenses team

Replied July 2021

Mathanki

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great Software for multiple cards

PROS

This software has been a game changes since we implemented it in the business. It has helped scale up with the increase in the number of staff. This was the only software at the time which had the flexibility to have different users in different entities. Some staff membrs have up to three credit cards and also submit cash expenses claims. There is continous development in adding different features and making the overall product more efficient.

CONS

The only drawback so far has been the unreliability of the app. It sometimes crashes and a few employees within the company have reported that the receipts they uploaded on the app have been lost.

Hi Mathanki, We are pleased to hear that you've had a great experience with Webexpenses and appreciate your review! If you continue to run into issues using our app in the future, please contact us for help at support@webexpenses.com. All the best, Webexpenses

Replied January 2020

Diane

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Easy to use with drawbacks

For a small business with a low number of claims this product is good.

PROS

Easy to use with all technology, mobile, laptop and tablet.

CONS

Unable to label receipts before uploading, only 2 VAT codes, failed transfers can only be reloaded by support

Reason for choosing webexpenses

Price, simplicity and quick implementation

Hi Diane, Thank you for leaving a review for Webexpenses. Its brilliant you find the system easy to use, I have passed your comments onto the development team regarding the cons. Thanks again, Amber, Your Webexpenses team

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Easy to learn and use

PROS

Webexpenses is an ideal solution that simplifies expenses claims. The process is quick and easy to do and does away with the need to store lots of paper receipts as pictures can be uploaded to the server quickly. This saves the user and managers time when submitting and approving claims on a regular bass

CONS

Theres not a great deal that I can think of that I dislike apart from the odd time where it slows down or doesn't work. This is a rarity however.

Hello John, Thank you for leaving us a review. We are pleased to hear that you have had a positive experience using our system and features! Best wishes, Nadia.H

Replied June 2021

Kirsty

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2017

Always delivers

expense submitted in a timely manner and with all the relevant information which make it easier for a finance department to keep qan eye on and track expenses that are being incurred.

PROS

Its ease of use and transparency. Very clear to the user/administrator where they need to navigate to on the system

CONS

Sometimes crashes when you are trying to generate reports especially if there are large amounts of data

Hi Kirsty, Thank you for leaving us a review! It's great to hear you find the system easy to navigate as a user and an admin. If you find you have any problems with the system crashing then please don't hesitate to contact out customer support team, many thanks, Amber, Your Webexpenses team

Yogesh

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Webexpenses is great if you are on the go!

PROS

Webexpenses is quite well suited for on the go users. The app helps a lot and you are able to upload receipts by taking a picture on your phone. Then easily add it to a new claim there and then, saving you time. As I was used to compiling expenses at the end of my working day.

CONS

Nothing come to mind. Overall I am happy with using it.

So pleased to hear you're happy with our product, Yogesh! Thanks for the review and for being a Webexpenses user. Best, Hayley, from your Webexpenses team

Replied July 2021

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed November 2019

Not intuitive. Clunky. Prefer to use paper than this tool.

Menu options are not intuitive. Need to flick around screens too much. Attachment steps are awful, clunky, unnecessarily complex. Totally not intuitive. Your tool is very disappointing for people like me that have benefited from a much better tool, i.e. Concur. I miss Concur. FYI - after I experienced your tool and formed my opinion, I asked around a couple of nearby users what they thought. They find the tool awful too. Many give up and just do it on paper/excel and give it to an admin person to suffer through for them. I guess that says it all.

PROS

Nothing at all. I would prefer to use paper or excel. Would be significantly faster.

CONS

Attaching invoices is awful experience no matter how many times I fumble through it. Doesn't matter if I took a photo on the phone or want to attach it using a pc.

Reasons for switching to webexpenses

I changed employer. I led the project that introduced Concur at my previous employer for 500+ people and it was an awesome tool. I would recommend anyone I know to not adopt your product unless I see significant improvement. I will recommend to my current finance team to look into Concur. Much better across the board.

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble navigating the system, Michael. We have tutorials that can help you efficiently navigate Webexpenses on our support page, hub.webexpenses.com. Alternatively, our support team will be happy to help and can be reached by emailing support@webexpenses.com or dialing +61-1800-316-911. Our app provides features like industry-best ORC and receipt auto-matching, so we want to make sure you are able to take advantage of these time savers! Support is available to all users at no additional charge with our local support team, based in Brisbane, Australia. Outside of normal business hours, we have worldwide in-house support based in the USA and UK, available 24/6. If required, we can also provide your company with additional training. For this, please reach out to your Webexpenses dedicated account manager at contact.apac@webexpenses.com. We appreciate your feedback and are happy to receive further comments to aid in future development.

Replied November 2019