Rydoo

Rydoo Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"And is generally intuitive and looks great. Love being able to select expense reports."
  • icon"We are very happy with it and thinking to implement the solution for all our offices."
  • icon"It's really easy and fast to submit your expences to the system. The approval procedure is transparent, you can always check the status of each receipt."
  • icon"Their payment structure is awful. I tried to change users/permissions to pay less per month and they wouldn't allow me."
  • icon"It was difficult to operate for both the staff and the administration."
  • icon"Because of this, I was forced to dispute the charge with my credit card company, and I felt that I need to write this review to warn others who are considering their services."

Have you used Rydoo and would like to share your experience with others?

All Rydoo Reviews

GARY

Industry: Building Materials

this works great to keep track of expenses

Pros

The ease to snap a pic and have the receipt recorded. Also to be able to not have to save receipte in an envelope or pocket - no more lost receipts.

Cons

Sometimes it does not auto read the receipt . Also, if the pic is taken in low light it doesn't recognize it. It also reads the first line as the business name - sometimes that's not the case.

Marsha

Next Steps with Rydoo

It has taken 2 years to fully integrate Rydoo at our Organization due to Smart Phone challenged users. Now that all employees are using the platform, it runs very well. Those who utilize Apps especially love the platform.

Pros

The App is extremely easy to use. If you can use an App, you can easily migrate to using this software. The travel features are a great upgrade. Because the receipts are in the cloud, you can quickly run reports for tax/audit purposes providing ample evidence for auditors.

Cons

File maintenance is cumbersome for users with accounting and controller privileges. You can contact Support but you really should be able to do on your own.

Juhani

Caution for fraudulent cancellation policy

Pros

I tried to use Rydoo and its predecessor Xpenditure a long time for handling the company receipts. I never got it to work very well, and moved to another system. The cancellation procedure was awful, and I believe it tells a lot about Rydoo's company culture and practices.

Cons

What made the experience exceptionally bad, was that their cancellation procedure easily tricks you to to put the account into a "read-only" mode, instead of deleting it all together. Even though you get a confirmation on the screen, they don't send the confirmation by email, and will charge additional amount for the "read-only" mode. This charge is not described in a contract or terms and conditions. Their customer service or even the top management did not want to hear my complaints, and customer service rep was, in a word, impolite in their communications. Because of this, I was forced to dispute the charge with my credit card company, and I felt that I need to write this review to warn others who are considering their services.

Rob

Industry: Computer Hardware

September 2016

Good scanning, reliability an issue

I use Xpendiure for the fact that everything I scan is recognised, even handwritten restaurant bills. The user facing software has a number of issues however: * Occasionally it stops syncing, or starts to give an error when uploading and I need to reinstall * Its impossible to add a new category from the Android app * the overall app interaction is a bit clunky - would benefit from a good UX designer review: - target areas for major actions are small (e..g 'add' button) - asked same questions repeatedly (e.g. to use camera)

Pros

everything I scan is recognised

Tiffany

Great Expense Software for Road Warriors

Matching doesn’t always match obvious charges it should have to take the extra step of logging in on your computer to help the software match the receipts you have uploaded.

Pros

The mobile app is excellent for scanning and uploading receipts!

Cons

If you are connected to your hotspot scanning and uploading receipts does not work. You have to disconnect to get the app to work as it should.

Ajay

March 2016

Expenses are now fun!!!

Before I found Xpenditure, I used to put all my expenses in a spreadsheet. Very painful and time consuming. I now find it very easy to manage my expenses without the need to keep receipts.

Pros

No need to keep your paper receipts anymore. Iphone App makes it easy to enter in your reciepts The ability to create trips is awesome, because I need to submit receipts by trips/projects, but still need to know the overall expenses for the quarter and the year.

Cons

I wish there was also a custom iPAD app instead of just using the same iphone app enlarged for ipad.

Jeff

Best expense management software/app EVER !!!!!

I have a small firm and have had a lot of time and opportunities to check out many North American and European software and apps and compare them. Xpenditure has passed all the certainty and accuracy tests and I am confident that when I upload the receipts at night time, and I'm talking about a lot of receipts!!!, the next morning fields are accurately extracted and lined up for me for approval. The app is smart so it recognizes your previous entries and habits and will adjust itself to your needs. Support is amazing, I would say better than all those big shot companies. Love it! and recommend it to everyone for both personal and business use.

Managing expenses of a Team

Dear All, I am the Application and Service Manager of DORC Germany. With this tool Expenditure it is very easy to manage the expenses of a Team (6 members). You have You categories and can also select and analyze expenses to make a statisik. Good tool very good.

Pros

Very easy to manage expenses of the Team (6 members)

Cons

I only can approve expenses of the team on the website an App would be finde also to change the paramter to approver.

Jeanette

Was ok, but got worse

Pros

We used Rydoo, when it was Zenefits. It was mediocre then, but when it changed it's name to Rydoo, it became more complicated and less accurate we had to leave it and go to another program.

Cons

It was difficult to operate for both the staff and the administration.

Response from Rydoo

Hey Jeanette, Thank you for submitting your review about Rydoo. We're sorry to hear about your experience. As an evolving company, we are constantly working on bettering our system to create the best possible user experience for our clients. We have taken your review into consideration and have forwarded it to the the respective department. It should be noted that Rydoo has never been affiliated with Zenefits. Previously, our name was Xpenditure and we merged with iAlbatros to form the Rydoo of today :) Again, thank you for your submission. Have a fantastic day! Kind regards, The Rydoo Team

Replied July 2019

Amber

Industry: Philanthropy

Great Customer service

Pros

It is user friendly and I like that you can customize just about anything. The reporting side has several options and is compatible with Quickbooks.

Cons

The mobile app has some gliches from time to time so we have to re download the app. I would like an easier way to attach multiple pages for a receipt.

Liszt

Rydoo review

Pros

very useful, it allows me to create my expenses on the fly so that I can forget about the receipts very good support service, I find it useful

Cons

its mobile application is usually somewhat slow and complicated, it also lacks some features that its web version has, for me it is not so bad it is acceptable it is possible to get something useful I hope it will improve

Martha

Time used: Free Trial

second year

I started with xpenditure last year when i was doing my taxes and thinking "there must be a better way" to organize my receipts. This app/software has a lot of functions that I do not even use. I mainly use it for nonreimbursed work expenses, keeping receipt from travel for work, etc. Between my husband and I, there are 4 LLCs and 2 personal taxes getting submitted to the IRS each year. After seeing the report I was able to generate for the accountant, he is on board now and using the app. I like it and while I don't know how to use it to the fullest potential, the customer support is really great.

Pros

ease of use from phone to photo receipts

Cons

Too many receipts bogs down the system. I photo-entered receipts yesterday from a week of travel and the app is still trying to upload them. I am worried that it won't work and I will have to do it all over again.

Xpenditure loses receipts

I've tried to use xpenditure with my iphone 7 plus just as anyone else would - to capture expenses as i incur them. There have been over four separate times now that i've taken pics of the invoice, and the app says it's uploading them and then it just hangs that way. But you only know that the app has hung when it hasn't successfully uploaded the image after about 24 hours. Then you know you've got a problem. When I've contacted support about this, they seem blissfully unaware of the criticality of losing an invoice. Their suggestion in this case is (cut and pasted from their email) - "Could you try to delete and reinstall the App please? (Note: If you have any receipts that are currently processing in your App, these will be deleted by doing this). Let me know if this helped". so basically even though you use this app, you'll either have to also keep the paper receipts or switch on the feature that also saves the receipt image into your iphone photos library - just what you want... So i would recommend everyone stays away from this app.

Pros

seems easy to use until it doesn't work

Cons

loses invoices hangs often and the resolution is to delete the app (which deletes any invoices which haven't been uploaded yet (each upload takes minutes even when on wifi))

Nicole

July 2016

Xpenditure for a VERY small business

I have had exceptional live chat service throughout my trial period and it was a huge factor in deciding to go ahead with a subscription.

Pros

Ease of use and set up was relatively easy compared to other accounting programs I've used before. For such a small business, we needed something simple and this seems to suit our needs exceptionally well.

Cons

Setting up the GST component for Australian businesses and not having an Australian ABN in the set up. The wording in particular is confusing when trying to set it up in Aus. It is set up to show 10% but if you are only putting in partial GST you have to remove the GST and select something different because the program wont allow you to adjust the amount.

Martin

Waste of Time!

I've been using this for 3 years ..... like with Microsoft, once in it isn't that easy to get out. But this will be my LAST year! GARBAGE!

Pros

General layout and concept is lean and easy to understand.

Cons

Dysfunctional. Due to architectural design and technical flaws it takes more time to use this system than to do your records manually. I have no idea how they've got such a high rating other than paying for fake reviews! The matching algorithm fails 90% of the time. Receipt scanning misreads dates, amounts and vendors. And technical support is USELESS! Support personnel don't listen to your complain, they just hand you links to useless articles that you already checked. Dealing with support on ongoing issues, they can never get their heads around the actual issue, nor do they seem to actually have any interest in improving the technical glitches and implementing even "easy" efficiency improvements.

Reasons for choosing Rydoo

Seemed to be a more intuitive design and more automated. Though the automation side of things really has NOT IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM proven out.

Shaluu