Rydoo Expense Reviews

4.43 / 5 (174)

Our advisors have recommended this product 2 times in the last 30 days

Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "fast and flexible, clear overview. Good explanation of what to do, in a good time you load your expense notes and get it in the system"

• "Expenditure is good tool to keep record of the none inventory orders. "

• "- no more paper - legal archive of docs - automated reading your expense notes and invoices"

• "This is a good tool that helps boost productivity by automating and streamlining your business expenses."

• Cons

• "Takes a bit - few minutes - to get the reports produced for download."

• "Some date enter in the Phone disappear (countries). Country list on Phone is not user friendly (need long scroll down)"

• "The only negative thing I can think of is that the software can run slow at times. Especially concerning the process of taking pics of receipts. "

• "Support area of the website is kinda lame. Parts of it require you to log in but it doesn't recognize your password."

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 174 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

August 2016

Spela from Douglas Connect GmbH

August 2016

Completely indispensable app for expenses

its a lovely and great tool for organising expenses. I cant imagine going back to whatever i was doing before.

Pros

It is a great tool for expenses. Its easy to use and nice design. All features work perfectly - the receipt reader, all the possibilities offered to tailor it to your wishes and demands.

Cons

This is not a "Cons" message, but perhaps a message for Xpenditure: I would like to be able to manage more things with my admin account - like changing receipts, cropping, and also be able to choose among QuickBooks clients and Classes what is shown and what not - we do not use all Projects or Clients for expenses and they just make a mess. Otherwise, I would change only the functionality of trips - we have people travel from all over the world on the same trip and its impossible to track it if all of them have to create their own, although the same trip. What I did to solve this problem is, I used Custom fields and there is a great option of linking a value to a Project. Value is a trip and it is linked to a Project. When you choose a project while entering a receipt, the trips filter immediately to show only the ones, linked to this project. It's almost perfect. So now all employees that travel choose that and I can filter the totals. I don't understand why can't you just take this option and put on trips. The unfortunate thing is that we now (for this reason) don't use "Trips" option at all, although it has all these great fields.

Response from Xpenditure of

Replied August 2016

Hi Spela, Thank you for your valuable feedback. We're aware of the issues you correctly pointed out and wanted to let you know that we are constantly improving our product and eliminating these small handicaps. And in the meantime our customer support team is happy to guide you through the 'trip feature' ;)

July 2016

Phillip from Fulphiling Music

July 2016

Great expense software, I'd recommend in a heartbeat!

I was looking for an expense manager to replace one that I was previously. The one I was using before didn't have great customer support and a few times the site was down, which was not good. When I first looked at Xpenditure It took me a while to set it up the way I was used to but the customer support during this process was excellent. Any questions I had, while I was checking them out and hadn't paid a dime, they treated me as if I was already a client of theirs. They held my hand through the process and it's worked out great. After everything was setup, I've had minor issues which again, the customer support helped me through.

Pros

Customer support is excellent. I like how it integrates with your banking account, if you choose to link them, which helps in not having to type in different expenses. I REALLY LIKE, if you have recurring expenses every month, there's a check box (recurring expense) that you can check, and on the day of the month that expense is due, everything is already setup for you in a todo list and you can just add your receipt. I also travel overseas for business and I love that if I purchase something overseas from any country, you don't have to worry about the conversion rates, etc. All you do is put in the price of your purchase in the currency box, there's a dropdown menu for countries around the world. Let's say you're in Europe, you pull up their currency and it will automatically change the currency into American Dollars for your expense reports. (Great feature). If you're like me I like to take a few minutes a day to take care of my expenses, so that they don't pile up, so with the mobile app when you're out and about you can add your expenses, or take a few minutes when you're in front of your computer. You can add your receipts from your computer, webcam, or send receipts via email and your information will be in it's proper places. You can also track mileage, track time and create a trip and have an expense report for a specific trip as well. All great features.

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app doesn't get all of the information and then I'll go on the computer to adjust the information.

Tony from Concentric

The solution that will allow you to keep track of expenses!!!

Xpenditure is a very convenient solution, especially their mobile app. I find their desktop version to be slightly more difficult to manage, but still fairly easy. This helps people keep a better track of their expenses and makes it easier to validate and verify with the instant picture option.

Pros

Our organization was looking to go paperless as much as possible. We were suffering from a lot of paperwork in this department while handling all business travel related documents/receipts. We had been researching many solutions that are available on the market but the most flexible one was Xpenditure. One of the best things was implementing this product. We had a great experience to work closely together with the Xpenditure team in order to align the product with our business needs. We were very impressed and highly appreciated that they always listen to what the needs are of the customer. If they can not come up with a solution immediately they will take the point with them and come back.

March 2016

Phillip from Fox Interactive Media

March 2016

Making Expense Reports A Breeze

I'm in the entertainment industry as well as I have a business that I run from home. I need to differentiate the different parts of my life and make the reporting of my expenses easy for my accountant. I travel around the world performing and so there's various expenses, or write-offs, that I need to keep track of. I was using another company for a few years and they're going out of business. I searched for a company that could handle my expenses the way that I was already used to. In my search, I found Xpenditure. They have literally made 'expense reporting a breeze'. Even in my trial period, I needed some help in setting up my different expense reports and the customer service is GREAT!. I was a POTENTIAL customer, and the customer service treated me as if I was already a customer. Once I was helped with my setup, I haven't looked back. I've already recommended Xpenditure to some of my colleagues and will continue to do so. They have a customer for life.

Pros

As I mentioned in the review section, the customer support is phenomenal. In my trial period, I was treated like a customer that had already been with the company for a while. That's very attractive to potential customers. Also the ease of use, the mobile apps they have, so you can report your expenses on the go. If you need different types of expense reports, such as I do, they can accommodate that with no problems. Also, in traveling around the world they have a dropdown box for the different types of currency that you're using in a particular company.

The pricing is very reasonable and you get a lot of bang for your bucks. Whether you're a big company or a self-employed person, it doesn't matter, they can accommodate your needs. I would say that they're a company that definitely over delivers but is very unassuming. I'd never heard of them until I did a search. I read a little bit about them, while I was checking out other companies, and Xpenditure won!

Xpenditure treats people the way they want to be treated!

Cons

At this point, I'm in my third month and I currently don't have any complaints. If I need any help, I contact customer support and they help me. No cons!

Marsha from The Oakwood Group

Next Steps with Rydoo

It has taken 2 years to fully integrate Rydoo at our Organization due to Smart Phone challenged users. Now that all employees are using the platform, it runs very well. Those who utilize Apps especially love the platform.

Pros

The App is extremely easy to use. If you can use an App, you can easily migrate to using this software. The travel features are a great upgrade.

Because the receipts are in the cloud, you can quickly run reports for tax/audit purposes providing ample evidence for auditors.

Cons

File maintenance is cumbersome for users with accounting and controller privileges. You can contact Support but you really should be able to do on your own.

Rich from Nedap

faster the better

This system works very well. Helps me keep my receipts in order and I can work through them when I back at my computer later in the week or later in an evening. I have only noticed one problem with taking pictures of receipts with my phone. Seems to now have a green screen jumping in and out of the receipt in different areas and it makes taking the picture of the receipt take longer than it should. And sometimes have to retake the pic. This use to not happen when I first started using the app. So I don't know what has changed. But it can be frustrating. And it could also be something with the latest update from Apple as well. Have not had time to look into it from the phone side of this.

Pros

The ease of taking pictures of receipts and not having to worry about hanging on to them.

Cons

Just the green screen that jumps around on the receipt when trying to take the picture. Makes it take longer than before.

Jeff from Taxintaxout.com

Best expense management software/app EVER !!!!!

I have a small firm and have had a lot of time and opportunities to check out many North American and European software and apps and compare them. Xpenditure has passed all the certainty and accuracy tests and I am confident that when I upload the receipts at night time, and I'm talking about a lot of receipts!!!, the next morning fields are accurately extracted and lined up for me for approval. The app is smart so it recognizes your previous entries and habits and will adjust itself to your needs. Support is amazing, I would say better than all those big shot companies. Love it! and recommend it to everyone for both personal and business use.

Shaluu

OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER

I was so tired of working with bills and excel sheets. I cant explain how much time is wasted every single day doing this crap. After all, time = money right? Then I found this gem. I contacted Charlotte on the website and asked a whole buncha questions and tested how the website works, and WOAH was I amazed! Its as simple as clicking a picture from your smartphone. Got a problem? Ask someone in the chat and they'll respond within 15 mins. Where else is the customer service so fast? Exactly, nowhere else. Would I recommend it to my colleagues? Oh hell yeah. Would I get subscription for year two? Definitely. This is my life long companion now. Really good job guys, kudos to you.

Pros

Prompt Response from the staff and they are kind :)
Nice UI
Comes with an App that you can use to click pictures and upload
Export to PDF and Excel sheet.
The invoices are numbered and the pictures are attached in the PDF, this feature got me.

Cons

In the app you manually have to turn off Reimburse every time you click a picture. (I could be wrong)
Cannot upload PDFs of the scanned bills from CAMSCANNER.

Alex from LTMOD Computer Solutions LLC

Excellent Expense Tracker

One of the best features of Xpenditure is the ability to convert photos of receipts into actual data that you can categorize, assign expense accounts to, and track as part of projects. I used to perform this task manually, entering the data from receipts into a custom system, then taking a photo of the receipt for safe-keeping. It was a weekly chore, that took up at least an hour per week. Now, it takes me seconds to take a picture of the receipt with my phone, and simply let Xpenditure do the rest. Great product!

Pros

Easy to use. Decent mobile app, better web front-end.

Cons

Initially, it took time to figure out where the categories / accounts were hiding. It would be nice to have a default currency setup. Sometimes, the application assumes I'm using a different currency, other than US dollar. Instead of asking me to verify something each time, it should just default to US dollar.

Response from Xpenditure of

Replied February 2017

Thank you for your review Alex! It's possible to set your default currency in your personal settings.

Timothy from water science technologies

Great Expense Monitoring

Pros

There are several aspects I've come to enjoy about Xpenditure. Customer service is great, easy to understand, expense tracking and much more! Our sales people can upload receipts from anywhere they are located and they've finally become timely. The postage alone will pay for the software.

Secures Your Travel Expenses in a Smarter Way

Pros

I travel extensively for my work and have a budget allocated for each of my visits. I find it time consuming to type all my expenses on a spreadsheet and was looking for a better alternative. I decided to search for a software that can help me reduce these steps. I found Rydo and this has minimized the amount of work in compiling my expenses. First of all, I take photos of all my paper receipts and gather the electronic ones, then I just upload them all at once. Keeps things simple and makes you work smarter. The best part, is that this software computes the different currencies and simplifies my job. It manages my reimbursements in a timely manner. I am secured that my travel expenses are in good hands.

Cons

My only concern is sometimes the software tends to lag and takes slower than usual. This is a pet peeve especially when you have multiple receipts. I hope they fix this problem.

Bela from Eurovistas bv

June 2016

Single best business app I use

I travel extensively all over the world and am horrible at keeping up with expenses leading to painful all-day "catch-up" sessions when my accountant gets on my case. This service takes all the pain out of doing expenses. The OCR feature is pure gold and I love how it tries to figure things out on its own. After I do a quick run-through to make sure all is correct, a simple step creates an expense report that I can send to my accountant for processing. Super simple. I used to work at large Fortune 50 companies and wish they had a system this simple (Oracle can learn a thing or two from these guys). Only negative side is the slow response and minimal communication when solving small problems. For example, I've let them know that when I pick a trip on the IOS app, by the time it's processed, the system often tries to outsmart me and changes the trip. Also, since it knows what country I'm in, the processing should default to that country's currency unless it's clear that it is another currency. I've fed these and other small things to customer service, got thanked for them, but then they seem to be in a black hole somewhere. I have many other suggestions from daily usage but don't bother. Overall, though, I can't recommend Xpenditure enough. Has already saved me countless hours as well as reporting nightmares. Now do something similar for multi-country/currency invoicing. :-)

Joachim from Aquapura Systems GmbH

Good software supporting small businesses

It is a good software, but in some parts possibility for optimization. f.i. in the mobile version it should be possible to enter all datas (VAT) and it should be possible to forward the bill to the boss. There should be a direct link from the report to the expense, without going the deviation via expenses and the filter there

Pros

A lot of functions included - good for a small business

Cons

At some parts a bit complicated

John from OADLTD, LLC

Xpenditure: my solution

I have been a fan & user of receipt / expense apps for about 3 years. I have used three different apps, each for long enough to get to know the strengths & weakness(s). Based on daily use, Xpenditure has been the best. I have a small Construction company, do not have a full time bookkeeper, and do a lot of my receipt & expense entry on the fly. Expenditure is simple to use, so you will actually use it, while at the same time, the quality of reporting and data access is very strong. I use it with QuickBooksOnline. Very satisfied!

Pros

ease of use

Cons

none

Daniel from DORC Germany

Managing expenses of a Team

Dear All, I am the Application and Service Manager of DORC Germany. With this tool Expenditure it is very easy to manage the expenses of a Team (6 members). You have You categories and can also select and analyze expenses to make a statisik. Good tool very good.

Pros

Very easy to manage expenses of the Team (6 members)

Cons

I only can approve expenses of the team on the website an App would be finde also to change the paramter to approver.

Bart from DOOHapps

Great expense tool !

We love expenditure ! Great tool, web-service (interface) could be a bit faster sometimes (if you use on a daily base) - just scan and you are ready !

Pros

- scanning service with great OCR
- in belgium you can loose the original receipt (they keep it for 10 years)
- swift interface
- superfriendly support

Cons

- interface a bit slow sometimes (probably because of growth -- invest in servers :-) )
- can't ready directly from KBC (important bank in BE°
- cannot integrate with yuki or exact offline (only the online version which is a non go for our account because its too slow) -- so more export/api option should be recomended

hares from bathoro

satisfaction with xpenditure

previously we had to sit long time every month on anlysing the expenses. but now it is just on one click. we can also make advances attributable to individuals and sets off their expenses into that.

Pros

Now we not have to keep piles of expense receipts for future references.
It automatically scans the receipts and post most of the data itself.
it can be access from anywhere.
it helps me categorize expenses.

FRANK from The Robinette Company

Downhill

This was a great app before Rydoo purchased Expenditure. It has gone downhill with every update since the purchase. I've never seen anything like it. They've turned a good app into absolute junk. I'm switching to another app even though I recently paid for an entire year.

Pros

This used to work great. It uploaded emails and camera shots without issue. Made doing a expense report a piece of cake. I had my entire sales team using it. It's been a steep downhill ride for the last six months. Our entire company is changing, most likely to Concur.

Cons

Will no longer upload emailed receipts. Camera uploads are slow and often are duplicated. The software has a tendency to take the amount before tip, which makes it worse than useful. You have to check every receipt to make sure it uploads correctly.

Richard from M.I.T., Inc

Very Streamline

I have enjoyed getting ride of all the receipts Xpenditure has cut our time and paperwork by 75%. Thanks

Pros

Ease of managing receipts

Cons

After updating my phone it seems a little slower to start up

Jacob from SPIN

Rydoo is the best decision if you want to maintain contact with your partners.

We as a work team are totally satisfied with the results that the App has shown. Rydoo seems to us that it is an application worthy of receiving applause, since it has practically no errors, except for its distortion.

Pros

rydoo has brought us a new version of its already renamed App. rydoo is an excellent video calling application made exclusively for partners and companies, has a very modern and functional interface, and also has a great sound quality.

Cons

It has a single small error that we must emphasize, such as the fact that sometimes the signal is distorted a bit, but that also depends on the frequency of the signal, what we mean is that when making a call it is a little unstable.