What are Zoho Expense users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Zoho Expense software through verified user reviews

• icon"Support team is by far best i have seen in the industry and scanning of reciepts and extraction of line items saves a lot of time."
  • icon"I liked the ease of use and simplicity. Right away I knew this was going to be an easy app to use and maintain."
  • icon"Great App & I'd recommend it for everyone to control/track/record expenses in a very smart & efficient manner."
  • icon"Bad, bad timing...this is a big FAIL. You really should get a group of your current customers to test drive new platforms in the future before rolling them out."
  • icon"Some trouble getting QBs Desktop integration working."
  • icon"The lack of subcategories, you can not create them on your cell phone."

Browse all Zoho Expense Reviews

• Have you used Zoho Expense and would like to share your experience with others?

Puran

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Quite useful tool to track and record company expenses

In overall I just love the Zoho Expense, now I'm able to record my monthly expenses for a company and can mark them reimbursement item that means once approved I will get reimbursed for that expense from a company which is not only helping me but also helping the company in smoothing the whole process of monitoring the expenses and providing reimbursements.

Pros

I have started using Zoho Books initially and gradually I explored other Zoho products as well. In a few days, I got to know about the Zoho Expense and I was like this is the tool I need. It makes my life really easy by offering the easiest way to record my expenses for the company and other employees as well. Once the expenses are recorded in the Zoho Expense, it will directly be shown in the Zoho Books. I just love this feature.

Cons

Well, there are no cons I have noticed but for the unfamiliar person, it might be a little tricky at initial to learn and to use it. But, believe me, the Zoho team will provide any required support to make sure you are having a good experience with their services/tools.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

I was using Wave Accounting before coming to Zoho but once I got to know about Zoho, I was delighted to use it.

Kyle

Zoho Expense has increased productivity, quality, and accuracy for our business

Our expense reports are easier to analyze and we have been able to put a new travel policy in place thanks to the ease of function and intel it has given our company.

Pros

The reminders are vital when you are juggling 100's invoices and then additional travel. It helps us evaluate the time spent on traveling and to schedule trips in the most cost-effective manner both for our company and our clients. It provides ease of communication between staff members and allows issues to be resolved quickly. The integration with Quickbooks is an added bonus.

Cons

I do not currently have any complaints about the software and have had a similarly great experience with a number of Zoho products.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

We did not consider other products at that time.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

Expensify was outdated and not user-friendly.

Christine

Zoho Expense saves me time!

We have saved so much time in our office by putting the work of expense data entry on our employees who are purchasing/buying. Though the system isn't perfect for the way we use the "Items" tab of entering material costs in QuickBooks Desktop (it syncs every expense to the "Expenses" tab), it is still increased efficiency here.

Pros

We love the autoscan feature! Take a photo of your receipt, and it creates the expense, including Merchant and Cost. Even more, we love the Email Receipt Forwarding feature! No need to print any email receipts or invoices! And the support team at Zoho Expense is fantastic! They respond quickly, work to answer our questions thoroughly, and are committed to resolving any glitches and improving their product.

Cons

We needed some time to learn how to use Zoho Expense and to tweak it for best processes. We encountered some software glitches, and always received great assistance from the support team. I wish the system recognized variations within Merchant names (eg Smith & Jones is the same as Smith and Jones), instead of having to work around.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

We chose Zoho Expense for integration with QuickBooks Desktop and for reasonable cost.

Response from Zoho

Hi Christine, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense and share your feedback. We're glad to hear how you love the Autoscan capabilities as well as how our team has been able to assist you with the product. I have also passed on your feedback about improving merchant recognition in the application. Feel free to reach out again to us if you ever require any assistance. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expxense

Replied November 2021

Taylor

Great Expense Tracking Tool

Pros

My team loves the mobile app and the ease of uploading receipts. The corporate card functionality is awesome as well.

Cons

The integrations with QuickBooks wasn't as seamless as I had hoped it would be

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

This was a better price point. We also didn't like how overly political Expensify leadership was

Jace

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great Potential, Poor Execution & Customization

Overall I have not been pleased. Customer service is very nice but incomplete in their responses and you don't realize it until something occurs and you lose weeks worth of work. They punt to other Zoho teams a lot for helping you. And you cannot speak with anyone in the US. I would not normally have a problem with this, but they don't seem to understand that as the administrator of the account, I pay the bill and should be able to access the account of employees who no longer work for us.

Pros

This software has been relatively easy for our team to use in the field to record expenses. I would say that the ability to snap a picture of receipts and auto-recognize the vendor and amount is good. And the reconciliation process with credit card statements is great.

Cons

Too many problem to list here. The biggest problem I have is that as the administrator, I do not have complete control over all our user accounts. Our employees are truck drivers out on the road. They occassionally miss a receipt and I have to follow up later. But I can't just get the receipt and upload it. I must reject their report and they must re-submit. We've had employees who were terminated and they turned in their final receipts in hard copy, but I am unable to gain access to their account. Zoho won't give me access to their account so I can remove their credit card and delete the user from our account, along with any old receipts that are still "unsubmitted" in their queue. The onboarding process has been incredibly long because customer service was incomplete in their information. They never told me that credit card transactions had to be uploaded prior to employees submitting their expense reports. Thus, the auto reconcilitation did not occur and I must get employees to go in and manually match their receipts. This must be done on a computer and is virtually impossible when the users are truck drivers without laptops. If you use Capitol One credit cards, run far away from Zoho. Even though our cards are all corporate cards and our employees don't have access to their own account online, that is what we must do if we want to use the auto-import feature. Otherwise, each employee has to download their own credit card transactions.

Karen

Great for documenting, tracking and approving employee corp card charges or reimbursable expenses

Pros

Zoho Expense is easy to use. It allows receipts to be entered via drag and drop, via email, or by taking a photo in the mobile app. It has optical character recognition to complete expense information. There are both default and customizable fields that can be used for tracking/ coding expenses. User roles include both submitters and approvers and approvers can be assigned to specific submitters.

Cons

Would be helpful if some of the functionality available by splitting an expense were incorporated into the itemization feature. The itemization feature allows the expense to be coded to different categories of expense but not to a different project or client. To associate an expense to multiple clients or projects, it has to be "split" which really creates 2 separate expenses that are associated with each other. I would prefer the expense still be a single expense just itemized to different clients/ projects.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

Zoho Expense was less expensive and offered the same features as Expensify.

Melissa

Awesome so far

Overall, a very nice experience.

Pros

We are using this tool mainly for corporate credit card reconciliation and employee expense reimbursements. For those uses, this tool is great. It took a while for Visa to get the direct credit card feeds implemented, but once they did, everything seems to be working great. I do a bit of manual work to get the reports imported to Sage 50, but it is not a huge burden considering the cost savings!

Cons

It would be nice to be able to split expenses by a set percentage. Right now you have to calculate manually. No big deal, but it would be a nice additional feature. I don't like that once a credit card has transactions that are "expensed", you can not delete the card. You just have to mark it as inactive.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

Zoho offered direct feed integration with Visa (Bank of America Merrill Lynch)

Major cost savings

matt

Industry: Oil & Energy

New user review

Really happy with this app. It makes running my business that bit easier.

Pros

Lots of packages are available to users to records expenses. Zoho expenses is easy to use, keeps track of expense claims, creates reports to support invoicing. The best thing is it's just so easy to use.

Cons

I've not found a con yet. The app meets all my needs.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

Freeagent can record expenses but getting a cohesive report to make a claim is very difficult if not impossible.

Zoho Makes Expensing Easy

We love using Zoho Expense. It makes expensing easy and is much cleaner than using an Excel spreadsheet to track.

Pros

We love how easy it is to report expenses within this software. We can easily upload receipts and have them automatically attach to the correct expense. It is also easy to categorize expenses and keep track of them and then submit at the appropriate time.

Cons

The reporting is a little bit clunky at first. In order to record a expense, you need to attach it to a report which can get a little difficult.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

We had a bad onboarding experience with Concur.

Response from Zoho

Hi, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense. We're glad to hear about how Zoho Expense has helped make your expense reporting easy. We understand that the reporting process may be difficult to get the hang of at first, but hope that it improves the overall process and experience for you. Kindly write to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com if you have any further feedback or queries. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Replied February 2021

Matthew

Great Easy App for Tracking Expenses

Pros

I use this to track personal and business expenses. Works great. Will definitely recommend.

Cons

Integration to my credit card was a bit clunky to set up. But works great now that it has been set up!

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

Expensify was constantly sending politically charged messages to me... i just want an expense program not a social awareness agency who does expenses.

Response from Zoho

Hi Matthew, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense. We're glad to hear that you find the application easy to use to track your personal and business expenses. Kindly write to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com if you have any queries or if you require any assistance with further setup. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Replied March 2021

Anna

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great system

Freeing up finance/admin time by deploying expenses input to individuals

Pros

Lots of flexibility to modify to own rules and requirements. Fairly user friendly and intuitive.

Cons

seems to be a small bug with integrating modified reports with Quickbooks but i have reported this and have confidence it will be resolved.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

Had heard good things about it and have previously used another Zoho product at another company.

Ellen

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Really great so far

Pros

A great alternative to Expensify... simple to use.

Cons

Nothing so far, but we're still trying out.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

We did not like Expensify weighing in on the 2020 election. We prefer our tech options to be apolitical.

Great Product - Easy to use

Pros

Integrates well with Zoho Books and the mobile app is easy to use.

Cons

None that really jump out. It's easy and worth the switch from Expensify.

Integration with Zoho Books and Zoho ecosystem

Kevin

Zoho Expense is the Solution to Your Problem for staying on top of Your Expenses

Originally, about 2 years ago, I was using QuickBooks for my business and Zoho for CRM, Meetings and other. I did not realize that Zoho offered an Expense product. I really enjoyed my initial experience with Expense and immediatly migrated my database to Zoho. I was actually taking QuickBooks training sessions (at $85 a pop) with our Austin SCORE branch. Zoho has a very rich knowledgebase of trainging on their entire suite. Zoho has posted dozens of training videos on YouTube of which I have personally viewed around 30 of them I believe. I created a favorites folder and tag the Zoho videos for that reason. I have personally never had to call their support-if there is something I am usure of, the YouTube/Zoho combo solves any questions I may have.

Pros

All of the basic user GUI tools and features work flawlessly. I have never once had one of those SalesFarce moments where it took me 3 weeks to figure out the issue why new phone could not capture receipt images and other similar experiences that my associates have had. Really, understanding the operation and navigation was suprisingly intuitive. I really enjoy the aethetics; and compared to the bowl of spaghetti GUI with QuickBooks, I have never found myself in a situation where I obligated to seek out and pay for additional training because I was completely lost. The only people critical of Zoho products are those working for cometitors and folks who have never used any of the products.

Cons

In the past, many products including Expense could be a little light on features and more challenging in large, multi-platform, multi-facility, multi-user implementations. But honestly, think about SalesFarce and another three-dozen or more competitors in that space and find one that is an "everything for everyone" product - they dont exist. Zoho seems to be commited and persistent and building out the feature-set in the entire product suite.

Robb

A very nice product

Everything has been satisfactory. At times support can be a bit difficult to work with, but people are busy - I get that.

Pros

It was quite simple to setup the system. I was rushed through the process due to the fact that our old solution was being sunset, but the ease of use helped in the transition. Users found it easy enough to pick up and use without extensive training sessions.

Cons

It does what we need it to do. The app isn't exactly user friendly for submitting. Good for taking photos of receipts but beyond that not useful.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

Pricing and credit cards (not all, but some) can link to system. Doesn't force you to take out one of their credit cards.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

ExpensAbles is going away.

Response from Zoho

Hi Robb, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense and share your feedback. We're glad to hear that it was simple to set up and easy to use. We understand the mobile app isn't easy to use for submitting expense reports and will try enhancing the same. If you have any further feedback or queries, do reach out to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Replied December 2020

Very well done application!!

Reporting for government tax agencies. CRA in Canada is getting very aggressive about checking out the small business expenses and eliminating them. ZOHO provides an easy to see, email ready reporting system to the CRA. We will soon be ready in another area of financial reporting. ZOHO expense has easy receipt capture as well as robust reporting that captures all the areas of receipt information. Very pleased with it.

Pros

When our company President brought me ZOHO's website link and asked me to look into it, I was impressed with the website and the number of different applications that ZOHO had. Sam wanted me to look into ZOHO expense as a necessary reporting tool that the previous owners had not utilized. I used the chat feature to help me set it up and our Comptroller brought in the feed from the bank credit cards in order to match transactions from our corporate credit cards. Support was great and I was careful to get it set up during the week (support is 24/5) and I learned to use ZOHO Expense over the weekend creating expense reports for the two corporate cardholders using different methods of receipt capture. Both corporate cardholders have different approaches to receipt capture and ZOHO expense makes their choice the best for them. Very well done application!!

Cons

We did have difficulty with our bank feed and are working that out but support was again very helpful with set up and we should have the correct feed done quite quickly. Sam wants the ability to match receipts and credit card feed to make his life easier and eliminate one more job for our very busy Comptroller.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

I have used Expensify but the President found ZOHO and seemed to want to pursue it after reading about the great product it is.

User-Friendly and Intuitive

Zoho provides us with a good tool for categorizing and approving credit-card and reimbursement transactions.

Pros

The software has been adopted well by our users, who say that they find it easy to use.

Cons

The export function creates a file that has formatting that is incompatible with our existing ERP solution. Also, while expenses can be split among multiple categories, they cannot be split among multiple departments and funds.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

Better compatibility with our current processes.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

Expensify was not as user-friendly, it didn't provided a link to our Regions Visa cards, and the Expensify credit-card does not work at Walmart/Sams Club.

Response from Zoho

Hi Daniel, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense. We're happy to know that you find the application user-friendly and intuitive. With regard to the export function, kindly reach out to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com so we can understand your requirements better and assist you with developing a custom solution if required. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Replied March 2021

Perfect for beginners to advanced users

I really liked it but the features could work better. For example the invoices look mint and the editor is great but editing line options on the invoice was difficult to find. I thought that when doing each invoice it may be an idea to either show your input into it in real time or allow you to edit the template with your input in real time. I would prefer inputting directly into the invoice template than the system back end.

Pros

I like the access to various apps that support each other and fully integrate

Cons

You have to learn a lot of it yourself and it can be time consuming to setup.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

Because the look and feel still did the best for me and was pretty much what I needed although it could be better Theres a lot I still dont know about this software and there is a lot of areas you have to learn yourself to do/. The admin team are there on support when you need them tho and they were kind enough to extend our trial when we didn't even ask, and added more pages to social for us so that we could demo it to its full extent.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

Heard good things about Zoho and thought it was worth taking the trial to see how it was.

Shakeel

Good Value for Money

We needed to move to a better expense management software (previously using googleforms) which would allow a clear audit trail of approval + direct integration into Quickbooks. Zoho Expense has solved this issue for us very well - and for an affordable price.

Pros

Fairly straight forward to deploy - team needed a bit of training but picked it up quickly. Best feature is that staff can see balances owed. From an finance manager perspective, the integration with Quickbooks is excellent.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve and the concept of reports is a bit unclear for junior staff. Occasionally the app stops working.

Price + value for money

Response from Zoho

Hi Shakeel, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense. We're glad to hear that the software has helped solve your expense reporting problems. We understand the learning curve involved and have prepared training guides and videos that you can share with users to help them get started. Kindly write to us at support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com so we can assist you further with this. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Replied October 2020

Cody

Zoho is an easy to use, expense management system with great UI and customizations

Zoho is easy to use, setup and configure. It makes invoice processing much faster, and is a huge upgrade from the paper forms we were using.

Pros

Zoho expense is a wonderful product. It does everything you expect of an expense management software. It's simple to use, easy to setup, and the API and documentation is top notch. There are many ways to customize it to do exactly what you want. Furthermore, it does everything other expense management software does at half the cost!

Cons

Unfortunately, they use actual humans to do the "auto scan" which is a privacy concern. Furthermore, we couldn't itemize taxes, but we found a workaround for that.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

It had a better API, more customizations, and was cheaper.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

Zoho is a much faster, easier to use, and saved our company lots of time.

Trey

Industry: Food Production

Zoho Expense

It does a great job especially when you factor in the cost as compared to other solutions.

Pros

This software has been working great for our company. Sure there are a ton of other solutions out there, but when you compare the cost to what you actually get we feel the Zoho Expense is the right solution for Thymly.

Cons

The only thing we have notice is that it lacks in scanning the receipt and auto entering information as compared to Expensify.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

It did the basically the same job at a cheaper price point.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

The overall cost was not worth it.

I really like Zoho Expense

easy to use and set up

Pros

I've been using Zoho Expense as a sole proprietor as it most closely mirrors the larger expense tracking systems I used as a corporate employee. It was easy to set up and there is a minimal amount of work at the beginning of each year to ready the system for the upcoming year. I like that I am able to attach my receipts to each expense and it's all in one place. It's a very intuitive product and I can easily upload receipts when I'm on the road.

Cons

I have been using the free version but am upgrading to the next level so that I can easily run itemized reports for each category for tax purposes. I have tried other software but Zoho expense gives me what I need.

it's not intuitive

Zoho's Best Expense App

Zoho's Expense is overall excellent. I really like this product. I will recommend this product to my friends business. It is simple and easy to use.

Pros

This software removed huddle for businesses. The Auto Scan is the best solution for recording expenses receipts. It is very simple when you have a chance to see the demos.

Cons

The Manual Receipts Entries are the least that I did not like much about this software before the I can switch it to the Auto Scan. However, I really like this product. It will save headache for companies.

The Team Support, Auto Scan & fuctionality

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

Zoho's Account Manager is very professional, kind, and helpful. Also, the Auto Scan persuades me to recommend this product for my organization. I will discuss this product with my boss next week to persuade them to buy this product. I like it!

Andres

Industry: Import and Export

Excellent tool

excellent,

Pros

easy use, integration with other apps, integration with uber and zoho

Cons

nothing, i think that is a good tool in the business

integration, easy use

Response from Zoho

Hi Andres, Thank you for reviewing Zoho Expense. We're so glad to hear that you find the application excellent and easy to use. Kindly reach out to support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com if you have any further feedback or queries. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Replied February 2021

Switching to Zoho Finance

Interface and user experience is good and easy to navigate. Instructions and tips are well placed and creating your first report and adding users is not a difficult task. Going to trial to see if we can move to a full roll out.

Pros

I like the many options for submitting an expense and the ease at which you can do this instantly or store expenses for categorization and submission later on. It is intuitive and covers pretty much all the aspects I need for financing a range of employees both office based and remote workers.

Cons

I would like to see the option of being able to create different report templates for different employees who have varying circumstances, e.g company or personal car. You can do this by creating separate company policies for individuals but that is not overly clear.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

easy to integrate into our current systems and procedures

4.58/5 out of 641 reviews