• Pros

• "easy to use, none of our users had any problem getting used to using it and it is very intuitive. Great!"

• "SO easy to use. I love that I can input my receipts as they are produced. Its saved me so much time every month doing my expenses and returns. It also integrates with my Zoho mail"

• "The receipt scanning is quick and accurate. The drag and drop functions are nice for uploading receipts. The app is fairly light and easy to use as well."

• Cons

• "The support is very fast and efective, but sometimes we need spanish support by phone and only english is available"

• "Some feature might be missing BUT as this is not a standaline product but works very well with other zoho products, Zoho Expense is indispenable to our company"

• "I can honestly say I have yet to find a "con" in this software. Both the desktop version and mobile version work seamlessly. "

Browse Zoho Expense Reviews

Doug from Building Material

Industry: Building Materials

Great app for business travel

Looking forward to trying the full suite of apps

Pros

It works like another travel expense app but easier to navigate

Cons

Sending the travel expense to another company i had to create another invoice. But really no big deal

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

Videos on setting the system up made life easier.

Ana from Edge

Zoho Expense is a great tool!!!!

We are very satisfied with the product. We have had good feedback from our clients, who use Zoho to submit their expense reports. They meet the deadlines without any problem. It is an ongoing process that facilitates them with easy ways to edit expenses, attach receipts, and send reports.

Pros

Set-up, implementation and training was simple. Zoho support was all the time helping us to go through all the steps to customize the application according to our needs. It is a friendly user application. Integration with QuickBooks Online was not an issue at all and doesn't need extra software to connect.

Cons

There are some banks that don't facilitate the automatic integration. However, this can be done manually. The statements are uploaded into Zoho without any problem.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

Because ZOHO offered what we were looking for.

Jace from Focus & Scale

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great Potential, Poor Execution & Customization

Overall I have not been pleased. Customer service is very nice but incomplete in their responses and you don't realize it until something occurs and you lose weeks worth of work. They punt to other Zoho teams a lot for helping you. And you cannot speak with anyone in the US. I would not normally have a problem with this, but they don't seem to understand that as the administrator of the account, I pay the bill and should be able to access the account of employees who no longer work for us.

Pros

This software has been relatively easy for our team to use in the field to record expenses. I would say that the ability to snap a picture of receipts and auto-recognize the vendor and amount is good. And the reconciliation process with credit card statements is great.

Cons

Too many problem to list here. The biggest problem I have is that as the administrator, I do not have complete control over all our user accounts. Our employees are truck drivers out on the road. They occassionally miss a receipt and I have to follow up later. But I can't just get the receipt and upload it. I must reject their report and they must re-submit. We've had employees who were terminated and they turned in their final receipts in hard copy, but I am unable to gain access to their account. Zoho won't give me access to their account so I can remove their credit card and delete the user from our account, along with any old receipts that are still "unsubmitted" in their queue. The onboarding process has been incredibly long because customer service was incomplete in their information. They never told me that credit card transactions had to be uploaded prior to employees submitting their expense reports. Thus, the auto reconcilitation did not occur and I must get employees to go in and manually match their receipts. This must be done on a computer and is virtually impossible when the users are truck drivers without laptops. If you use Capitol One credit cards, run far away from Zoho. Even though our cards are all corporate cards and our employees don't have access to their own account online, that is what we must do if we want to use the auto-import feature. Otherwise, each employee has to download their own credit card transactions.

Dylan from Faculty of Change

Great support, works well!

Pros

Questions answered prior to purchase and during setup were answered quickly and comprehensively. Lots of customization and integration options.

Cons

Only allows you to account for reimbursement in a single home currency. Have to manually select tax type and input tax total on expenses vs. having it scanned.

Switching to Zoho Finance

Interface and user experience is good and easy to navigate. Instructions and tips are well placed and creating your first report and adding users is not a difficult task. Going to trial to see if we can move to a full roll out.

Pros

I like the many options for submitting an expense and the ease at which you can do this instantly or store expenses for categorization and submission later on. It is intuitive and covers pretty much all the aspects I need for financing a range of employees both office based and remote workers.

Cons

I would like to see the option of being able to create different report templates for different employees who have varying circumstances, e.g company or personal car. You can do this by creating separate company policies for individuals but that is not overly clear.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

easy to integrate into our current systems and procedures

Wesley from HBPS Consulting LLC

Automated Expense Solution

So far fairly impressed with the expense system. My goal is to try and automate the expense portion wherever I can. It looked to me like this system will allow me to do some of this. Going forward I hope they continue to work with automation and allow even easier of review/approve/submit features.

Pros

A lot of automation built in that helps with building expense reports. Generation of data built off scanned in receipt. Email integration Extension integration to scan a receipt

Cons

Found a few bug's where the support was very quick at responding and working on resolutions. (Fixed 1 and working on 2nd) Would like the ability to customize expense report and see less "white space".

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

Currently as a single owner the price was right. As a 1 man shop it is important to find a good system without spending a lot.

Good product

Pros

functionality & ease of use all apps can be combined for all-in-one access

Cons

To date, I have not found anything I have disliked about zoho… yet

all in one packaging

Great features and free tier available

Very helpful, have been using it for quite a while now.

Pros

That it's free! At least the entry tier, and that is enough for here. And the print quality of the receipts is better than what we used before (Expensify, I think) It's feature-rich without appearing bloated. Good mix.

Cons

When you apply an advance payment, the report no longer gives its total, but rather the remaining rest of the advance payment, and that's irritating. The header could be just a little more customizable.

Hien from Grenova, Inc.

Efficient and Supports my Small Company

We were seeking to find a more efficient way of doing reimbursements within our company so finding Zoho Expense with its decent response time from its customer service team as well as its informative videos were very helpful in me transitioning from our old paper process to the Zoho Expense process.

Pros

I appreciate how it is easy to customize the platform to fit the needs of my company.

Cons

I like how we can email our receipts to a unique email that correlated with our Zoho Expense account, however that unique email is very long.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

It is cost effective, its feature to be customizable, good customer service - all in all, it has what we are looking for.

Louis-Vincent from V3 Digital

Simple yet robust

Pros

Integration with Quickbooks and capturing receipts with pictures.

Cons

Nothing so far, it's been quite a good experience.

Kevin from SRIIA Tech Cosulting

Zoho Expense is the Solution to Your Problem for staying on top of Your Expenses

Originally, about 2 years ago, I was using QuickBooks for my business and Zoho for CRM, Meetings and other. I did not realize that Zoho offered an Expense product. I really enjoyed my initial experience with Expense and immediatly migrated my database to Zoho. I was actually taking QuickBooks training sessions (at $85 a pop) with our Austin SCORE branch. Zoho has a very rich knowledgebase of trainging on their entire suite. Zoho has posted dozens of training videos on YouTube of which I have personally viewed around 30 of them I believe. I created a favorites folder and tag the Zoho videos for that reason. I have personally never had to call their support-if there is something I am usure of, the YouTube/Zoho combo solves any questions I may have.

Pros

All of the basic user GUI tools and features work flawlessly. I have never once had one of those SalesFarce moments where it took me 3 weeks to figure out the issue why new phone could not capture receipt images and other similar experiences that my associates have had. Really, understanding the operation and navigation was suprisingly intuitive. I really enjoy the aethetics; and compared to the bowl of spaghetti GUI with QuickBooks, I have never found myself in a situation where I obligated to seek out and pay for additional training because I was completely lost. The only people critical of Zoho products are those working for cometitors and folks who have never used any of the products.

Cons

In the past, many products including Expense could be a little light on features and more challenging in large, multi-platform, multi-facility, multi-user implementations. But honestly, think about SalesFarce and another three-dozen or more competitors in that space and find one that is an "everything for everyone" product - they dont exist. Zoho seems to be commited and persistent and building out the feature-set in the entire product suite.

Very well done application!!

Reporting for government tax agencies. CRA in Canada is getting very aggressive about checking out the small business expenses and eliminating them. ZOHO provides an easy to see, email ready reporting system to the CRA. We will soon be ready in another area of financial reporting. ZOHO expense has easy receipt capture as well as robust reporting that captures all the areas of receipt information. Very pleased with it.

Pros

When our company President brought me ZOHO's website link and asked me to look into it, I was impressed with the website and the number of different applications that ZOHO had. Sam wanted me to look into ZOHO expense as a necessary reporting tool that the previous owners had not utilized. I used the chat feature to help me set it up and our Comptroller brought in the feed from the bank credit cards in order to match transactions from our corporate credit cards. Support was great and I was careful to get it set up during the week (support is 24/5) and I learned to use ZOHO Expense over the weekend creating expense reports for the two corporate cardholders using different methods of receipt capture. Both corporate cardholders have different approaches to receipt capture and ZOHO expense makes their choice the best for them. Very well done application!!

Cons

We did have difficulty with our bank feed and are working that out but support was again very helpful with set up and we should have the correct feed done quite quickly. Sam wants the ability to match receipts and credit card feed to make his life easier and eliminate one more job for our very busy Comptroller.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

I have used Expensify but the President found ZOHO and seemed to want to pursue it after reading about the great product it is.

Perfect for beginners to advanced users

I really liked it but the features could work better. For example the invoices look mint and the editor is great but editing line options on the invoice was difficult to find. I thought that when doing each invoice it may be an idea to either show your input into it in real time or allow you to edit the template with your input in real time. I would prefer inputting directly into the invoice template than the system back end.

Pros

I like the access to various apps that support each other and fully integrate

Cons

You have to learn a lot of it yourself and it can be time consuming to setup.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

Because the look and feel still did the best for me and was pretty much what I needed although it could be better Theres a lot I still dont know about this software and there is a lot of areas you have to learn yourself to do/. The admin team are there on support when you need them tho and they were kind enough to extend our trial when we didn't even ask, and added more pages to social for us so that we could demo it to its full extent.

Cody from Regent College

Zoho is an easy to use, expense management system with great UI and customizations

Zoho is easy to use, setup and configure. It makes invoice processing much faster, and is a huge upgrade from the paper forms we were using.

Pros

Zoho expense is a wonderful product. It does everything you expect of an expense management software. It's simple to use, easy to setup, and the API and documentation is top notch. There are many ways to customize it to do exactly what you want. Furthermore, it does everything other expense management software does at half the cost!

Cons

Unfortunately, they use actual humans to do the "auto scan" which is a privacy concern. Furthermore, we couldn't itemize taxes, but we found a workaround for that.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

It had a better API, more customizations, and was cheaper.

Trey from Thymly Products, Inc.

Industry: Food Production

Zoho Expense

It does a great job especially when you factor in the cost as compared to other solutions.

Pros

This software has been working great for our company. Sure there are a ton of other solutions out there, but when you compare the cost to what you actually get we feel the Zoho Expense is the right solution for Thymly.

Cons

The only thing we have notice is that it lacks in scanning the receipt and auto entering information as compared to Expensify.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

It did the basically the same job at a cheaper price point.

Zoho's Best Expense App

Zoho's Expense is overall excellent. I really like this product. I will recommend this product to my friends business. It is simple and easy to use.

Pros

This software removed huddle for businesses. The Auto Scan is the best solution for recording expenses receipts. It is very simple when you have a chance to see the demos.

Cons

The Manual Receipts Entries are the least that I did not like much about this software before the I can switch it to the Auto Scan. However, I really like this product. It will save headache for companies.

The Team Support, Auto Scan & fuctionality

Everianny from PwC Venezuela

Another excellent software of the company Zoho that facilitates operability at work.

The expenses of our company are in order thanks to Zoho Expense, it even allows us to make a more thorough and adequate planning to our financial reality as a company. Records of payments, invoices, operating expenses, spending relationships and reports, are many of the benefits offered by Zoho Expense.

Pros

In my company it is very important to keep control of expenses, not only of what the company generates, but the administrative expense for each of the processes and documents made by the different departments. Based on this I can list certain positive characteristics of Zoho Expense: -It is incredible how intuitive software can be. When generating an invoice or a payment receipt, you can take a picture with our mobile device and the software automatically schedules it. - Not only schedules the expenses but also allows to make very complete reports of the average expenses according to the average time range that we indicate to the software

Cons

Actually this program has brought many solutions to our work environment, enhancing our administration thanks to a better management of economic resources. Of moments I do not have any type of complaint about this software

Anuj from 247Around

Life saver, I wish I had started using it earlier !!!

Pros

Super convenient... I setup my company and employees once and now it is very easy to record expenses and payments. It required minimal training and all employees were able to use it within no time. Invoice auto scanning feature works like a charm for standard bills like utilities etc. and saves lot of time. One extremely helpful feature is auto identification of duplicate invoices which you by mistake upload. It helps in catching silly issues which could have become serious if overlooked. Look and feel and UI/UX is so great that I have asked my development lead to use it as benchmark for our product :) Hope Zoho team wont mind this ...

Cons

Only problem I have faced so far is with the Advance Management. Somehow, I was not able to adjust advance paid to an employee with his expenses. This looks to be a simple feature. Hope team could implement this in future. Secondly, not related to Zoho expense but I wonder why Zoho people does not have full blown salary module into it. It put me into lot of trouble of identifying another vendor for this and now I am forced to use that to main employee salary accounts. If possible, please pass this message to the relevant team. Zoho people is a very important module and it should be tightly integrated with Zoho expense. But some how I found Zoho people recommending other 3rd party software for salary management. Why not integrate that feature in Zoho expense itself and make it more useful for overall accounts management.

Stella from Metropolitan School of Bus & MGT

Expert Expenses Tracker

We had a lot of recording issues, tracking payments and expenses of the school including various remittances of students.

Pros

It is very easy to use even for novice and beginners. It categorizes all expenses into headings. It allows for Bank account to be linked and downloaded into the software. All expenses are downloaded and it is user-friendly. The navigation is perfect and easy to use. Chart of Account is well detailed. Account reconciliation makes accounting and bookkeeping accelerated. There is no delay in generating reports and tracking expenses based on budget.

Cons

I have not had any issue using this software and it has served the accounting department so well and it handles all discrepancies.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

It matched with all the features that are being looked for before purchasing any software.

Rachael from My Choices Foundation

It's been fantastic to be with Zoho. It has reduced our workload and errors drastically.

- We've been able to reduce processing time by 1/3rd as it has helped us create a system/ process for expenses. - We've cut down on 100s of back and forth emails over payments as every staff member knows at which level does the payment lie. If it is not submitted, not approved by the head of the department or is lying for approval with finance. It helps everybody have a clear timeline. - We've cut down on numerous impromptu payment requests coming in from different sources and we have zoho now as a one point source to request payments. It helps reduce the errors and keep our finance team sane!

Pros

We like the transparency and ease to customize. For us as a company, it helps all levels of staff to know exactly where the report is and the timeline around processing. It helps us avoid the exchange of 100s of emails over petty issues.

Cons

I wish we could disable a few features that do not apply to our organisation. Zoho has already customised the software a lot for us, but having a features not in use disabled on everybody's dashboard would reduce some questions/ uncertainty.

Joe from Mission to Amish People

Well worth your money

Our organizations have been using ZOHO Expense for several years. Their subscription rates are very competitive - less than most, and every bit as good as the best.

Pros

ZOHO Expense has done an excellent job making their software more efficient and intuitive. It is as simple as taking a snap shot of your receipt, hitting upload and filling in the details. Whether you do that on your mobile device or upload invoices right from your computer, it's so simple anyone can do it. In our case, we have two organizations - ZOHO Expense made it very simple to switch between one and the other. ZOHO Expense is always adding new features to make the process even better. The admin is able to customize the app to fit their organization - the customization are endless. When it comes to submitting it to our accountant, it one or two clicks and done. After tying several expense report apps, I highly recommend ZOHO Expense.

Cons

I seem to have issues where my credit card does not sync between the bank account and ZOHO Expense. I'm not sure if it's the fault of ZOHO Expense or my bank.

Sean from OFS

Industry: Industrial Automation

Zoho Expense

Very fast resonse and proactive

Pros

Easy to use, fast rollout, flexible. App is easy to use, with excellent back office function

Cons

Nothing. Work well and easy to setuo users

Zoho Expense is a fantastic product to use for when you have busy staff with lots of expenses

We are able to get our busy sales staff to put their multiple expenses on to a system that is easy to use. Our admin and finance team love the system as it makes invoicing and expensing easy to follow and requires less work on their part, freeing up their time for other important work.

Pros

Its ease of use. It's fantastically easy to use and our sales people are confident in using it which is positive as most new technology is met with resistance by our sales staff. I also love that it scans reciepts for you and enters in the data- this saves so much time. I find the app is easy to use but when I can I always try to do it via the laptop as the web browser version is awesome to use, so smooth.

Cons

The number of Merchants we have is becoming too long and we would like to reduce them or have each user have their own list of merchants, rather than a shared list. This would speed up the process (less to look through) and also reduce the amount merchants each user has on their list. An option to make a merchant a one of purchase not be added the list of merchants would be ideal as well. Sometimes the software on the app is buggy and has problems with assocaiting tax to an expense but this is not often.

AC from Rapid Crush

Zoho is the Accounting Software for entrepreneurs of today!

Zoho Customer support is top notch! always there to help

Pros

Zoho is extremely easy to use. You do NOT have to be an accountant or a computer genius to use it. The expenses module is an easy way for you to keep track of your travel expenses as well as your employees. And that is my favorite module to use! Books module is also very easy to use and we can easily see the net profits of the company. The reporting functionality is simple and to the point.

Cons

It still has a few features that could be improved. the opportunities are all there it just needs to be expanded. i.e more filters, more customization

Sanil from Slingshot

Industry: Music

Amazing value for the best expense software I've used

Pros

- Incredibly easy to use, even for our employees who have never used expense platforms before. - Great mobile app. - Easy to integrate direct ACH payments for reimbursements, and corporate card streams.

Cons

- Would love an integration directly to our G Suite directory, but for now we need to separately invite users.

Cory from North South Supply, Inc.

Industry: Wholesale

Great value for a small business

We our very happy with our decision to implement Zoho. The pricing model is great for a small business and the setup is quick and easy.

Pros

The software is feature rich, especially for the price point. Our users find the software easy to use after minimal training which keeps our human resources free for other projects.

Cons

The only "issue" that our users have is the fact that the date format is in standard international and as far as we can determine there is not a way to convert to a US date format. It isn't a problem, just an irritation.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

We choose Zoho because of the cost and ease of use.

Jennifer from Grace Gathering

Zoho Expense has been perfect for a mid-size church

Zoho has allowed us to store receipts digitally (saving space in my file cabinet) and get better descriptions of purchases. Using Zoho has definitely cut down on the number of lost receipts on staff credit cards (even by youth workers)! It has been reasonably easy for staff to figure out how to use on their own and works equally well on Apple and Android devices.

Pros

Function for the cost. It does everything we need and keeps us within budget. They even gave us a discount as a non-profit. It was also intuitive enough that I was able to get it up and running without a lot of extra training/issues. I watched a couple YouTube videos and called customer service with one question.

Cons

When I add a new budget category, it is automatically added to everyone's policy list instead of being able choose the often one or two who actually need it. I would also like to be able to completely eliminate mileage as a category.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

For our level of usage (14 users), Zoho Expense was far more economical.

Himanshu from Siddhivinayak Agri Processing Pvt. Ltd.

Industry: Machinery

Easy expense filing for growing organisations

Very good experience. My users like the app and this work for accounts is automated largely.

Pros

1. Employees can file expenses remotely and do not need be present in office 2. Approval can happen on phone and no need to wait for people to sign in their presence 3. Employees get easy access to pending expenses and cleared expenses 4. All records are easily available online for future references and audits This way compliance, audits and general operations get automated largely and work becomes - easy, quick, paper-free, transparent and data-safe.

Cons

The only drawbacks are that some users need support in initial period when not people are not very mobile friendly due to lack of understanding of terms and on for expenses without invoice cannot be approved separately which happens sometimes when users spend in some places. If there could be an added approval for invoice-less expenses separately within the report then it would serve an additional audit purpose as well.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

Since I am already using Zoho Projects, Zoho Expenses was a natural option for us. Since Zoho has a plethora of solutions, it provides a single platform to connect my whole organisation.

Armando from Consolidated Water Co.

Industry: Utilities

Inexpensive expense management with excellent feature set

Great application. Easy to use and administer. Right mix of features including mobile apps. Great value for the price.

Pros

Although price is what drew us initially to consider Zoho Expense, its the features and functionality that has kept us as a customer. We originally used Concur and found it to be too cumbersome and far too much for our needs. Zoho Expense fits our needs, and budget, much better.

Cons

The inability to have users able to enter or create expense requests on other behalf. Although this feature is in the pipeline now.

Gordon from Petersen Medical

Zoho Expense

Zoho Expense has been a useful tool, and has decreased the number of receipts lost. We are now able to keep all receipts digital.

Pros

Very easy to use when on the road. My reps are able to quickly take a picture of the receipt and then go back to it later to fill in the information regarding that transaction. As a company we had an immediate decline in lost receipts which will help us in an audit.

Cons

I would like to software to connect with the credit card company to verify all transactions have been complete. Our accounting team must reconcile the credit card statement with the Zoho reports to make sure all transactions have been documented, this costs us time and money.

Jorge from Dynamic Robotics Inc.

Industry: Machinery

I've recommended it to just about everyone I know

Pros

How easy it is to use and how accurately it recognizes all fields from pictures of very differently formatted receipts. Captures with poor light, skewed, receipts with wrinkles and hand scribbles, etc. It can handle it all. The Optical Character Recognition is soooo good that I'm convinced there has to be a team of human "last pass" checkers helping the OCR to accurately populate all fields. I don't know how they do it, all I know is that after more than a year of use I think I've had to manually enter or fix fields for only a couple of receipts. I take the receipt picture and done. I also love how easy is to assign a receipt to a given expense report. I can scan all receipts at once and later create the different expense reports (per job or category, etc. ). Later I can quickly go through the receipts and click this one belongs to this report, this other to that one, etc.

Cons

I honestly can not think of any cons.

Adda from ADM Productions

super simple to use and very helpful

Love it - we are a multi- zoho project using company. the products work well, staff is happy, we are definitely more efficient because of the software

Pros

Simple, easy to use, can add on users easily.

Cons

Our staff is on the road and the adding of receipts using the apps frequently causes duplicates for the corporate card charges that are fetched and added. Staff wants to add the receipts on the road and put in receipt mailbox, but easily to add to folder on desktop that going to receipts inbox. wish that function worked better

Shankar from Krinati Solutions Private Limited

Very user friendly and value for money

Simply great.

Pros

My Company uses Zoho Books. We got some free licenses for Zoho Expense, which are really worth their weight in gold. My team and I do incur a lot of expenses on a daily basis and this is one of the best ways to keep track. I have sold way more expensive expense management solutions in my career and this one is right up there. The mobile interface is sleek, can take snaps of the receipt and fill in your expense right away or scan and send them to your Zoho email for auto-generation of the expense.

Cons

There is nothing not to like in this software. That said, I haven't seen or tried the splitting of bills between colleagues or splitting expenses between multiple profit centers.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

Zoho Expense bundled with Zoho Books is an unbeatable combination. You can bill expenses to customers directly and reflect the journal entries directly in Zoho Books. This is a must-have software for any startup of small scale enterprise.

Naomi from Panorama

Easy, affordable, simpler credit card reconciliation.

Implementing Zoho Expense has saved our accountant a great deal of time and effort. She used to manually enter staff's credit card expenses into QuickBooks, but now she can import them easily. There are a few functionalities we wish we had (and hope will come at some point in the future!), but customer service is super responsive and helpful whenever we've had questions or issues.

Pros

User-friendly interface and easy-to-use mobile app; direct link to credit card statements ensures we are not missing any transactions. Syncing with QuickBooks makes monthly reconciliation much easier for our accountant - much less manual entry needed. From the admin side, it is great to access reports to view spending trends and habits among staff; helps with budgeting.

Cons

It would be great if the receipt / credit card transaction syncing worked a bit differently - currently we have quite a few staff who get overwhelmed by the end of the month from duplicate expenses. We have included in our training that they should add receipts as soon as the expense in incurred so that Zoho can match things properly, but that is not always feasible. It would make it easier if expenses created from receipts automatically linked to credit card expenses, even if they were added several days after the credit card feeds pull in. Another improvement would be more customization within different profiles. Besides being able to limit which categories are shown, we would love to be able to limit which classes, customers, etc are shown depending on which profile a user is associated with.

Ramona from Buntain School of Nursing

Amazing Application!

For quite a few years now, we have used Expensify.com to manage our trip expenses and receipts for 8 different cross cultural month long experiences. It worked well, but unfortunately in addition to a extreme increase in their rates, it was also not compatible with our newly purchased department devices that were acquired for the purpose of expense tracking. After finding Zoho, we realized how many features Expensify was actually missing, that we were paying more for. Zoho is highly customizable, works with every device and works better for our purposes than any other program we tried. We are so happy we made the switch and would recommend it to any company looking for a new expense program! Some of our employees have even started using it for personal expense tracking. It is an all-around winner!

Pros

I love the small features, like itemizing receipts and adding and matching expenses from cards. It's extremely easy to use and there are so many features, I don't think there is a thing Zoho doesn't have. I also love that it is compatible with all my devices, even Amazon Kindle.

Cons

It was a bit confusing at first, there was a small learning curve when I first started but I highly recommend watching a few videos and reading the help pages.

Brittany from Construction

ZOHO CRM user and EXPENSE administrator

Pros

One of my responsibilities is to oversee the AP function and expense reporting is by far one the most tedious aspects. ZOHO helps alleviate a bit of that headache with their online and mobile app platforms that allow users to upload and submit information electronically. More over, ZOHO has the capability to export their information in far more detailed fashions then other desktop and mobile applications including AMEX and Citi. I also like the approver and reminder functionality the app enables for the management team. For example, we can set a reminder for the user when something is "unexpensed" after a period of time. Then they expense it and the approver is then reminded when something is "unapproved" after a period of time.

Cons

The set up can be difficult. I wish they would offer various basic set up templates you could import or copy and then edit for company policies.

Zoho Expense is easy to use for all employees and especially for people on the go.

Pros

It has a very simple and easy to use interface. The mobile app is great because you often get receipts on the go that end up in your wallet or purse or just plain missing. The app gives you an opportunity to immediately scan the receipt and add it to an expense report. It also automates the approval process with a manager and submits it to Zoho books.

Cons

It isn't clear from the start how you should use zoho expense and zoho books together. They both basically do the same thing but expense is meant for employees. You could use books alone but it would be more time consuming for the accounting person. What they don't tell you is that you need to set both of them up with the same CoA and that you need to make sure they stay the same because they don't appear to sync. It is also confusing how recurring expenses in books is meant to work with zoho expense and you can't create a recurring expense in Zoho Expense.

Matthew from Sunrise Coal LLC

Industry: Mining & Metals

Very simple but solid expense reporting tool but yet low investment cost to an organization!

We have departments that handle a higher volume of receipts using this tool to help better manage getting receipts attached to expense reports timely, especially while on the go! They can then submitted completed reports with receipts attached electronically.

Pros

Zoho Expense's ease of use both from a computer and a mobile device is excellent! We really like the mobile app because it allows easy capturing of receipts and adding them to expense reports while on the road.

Cons

The only thing that I feel like I can put as a Con right now is the ability to because to have multiple levels of approvals through like a workflow. This would allow a person immediate supervisor to approve lets say an expense report and then once they approve it gets kicked up to Accounting review team/management for second level approval.

Dejan from Eventrify Ltd.

Easy to use and modern UI

I am very satisfied with the product overall. There are some things that needs improvement but they are minor problem.

Pros

this software is very easy to use, it has most of the feature I require. It is nicely integrated with Quickbooks I use.

Cons

Mobile app is not showing original currency as total currency but all items are converted to your base currency. This was working in the past, so I don`t why it just disappeared.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

It is much simpler and modern tool

Excellent software, easy to use, extremely efficient and convenient

Pros

This software makes my life a lot easier! What I love the most about Zoho expense is that I can send receipts to my own email zoho address and it goes directly to Zoho and automatically creates an expense that detects the amount and basic info, like the merchant and type of expense.

Cons

That is not free for small business like mine that can't really afford to buy it yet.

SCOTT from ECLIPSE GAMING SYSTEMS, LLC.

ZOHO EXPENSE IS GREAT

We used to use a higher priced software and this works better and is cheaper - what else matters?

Pros

It's inexpensive and works better than the more expensive competition.

Cons

Nothing, really - its great- I have no complaints.

Excellent software

The overall experience has been great thus far, and we are looking to become paying subscribers once the trial expires.

Pros

The ability to be flexible with policies, using multi currency, and the ease of uploading receipts.

Cons

There were no standout issues, when comparing to other expense software, the flexibility fo Zoho Expense is far greater, to meet the needs of a complex organisation.

Flexibility.

Game changer!

Pros

Cons

I dont have any cons to report as yet. It has been great

Excellent tool for Expense Tracking

We have saved a lot of time once we started using Zoho. Moreover, the accounts team can breathe easy now because there is no more risk of duplication or missing receipts.

Pros

Its ease of use and customizability are the top features of this fantastic tool. Keep tracking of expenses and settling them has never been easier. You can click a picture of the receipt and upload or scan, no need to carry the old receipts with you. You can talk to their support team and get it customized according to your needs.

Cons

Well, to be honest, I didn't dislike much. One thing which I can point out is that it does get buggy sometimes and does not calculate or associate the right tax value with the item.

Mark from SCash Pty Ltd

Usage

I have been using Zoho expense for 5+ years. I test another product but always comeback. E Easily the simplest product against its peers

Pros

Very easy to use and uncomplicated. Sensible layout and easy to follow.

Cons

Not a great deal to dislike. If there is 1 criticism, not much colour, but the new version seems to have addressed this.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Expense

Very easy to use and uncomplicated

Teresa from The GraceWorks

Great Receipt Tracker

Pros

We use this to keep track of all receipts for our employee debit card holders. They record all their expenses, and we have set up Zoho to compile a weekly report that automatically batches them for me to review and enter into our financial software. It has vastly improved the timeliness of getting receipts turned in, and decreased the rate of lost receipts to almost zero. Although we aren't using the software exactly as intended (as a way to report business expenses on a corporate credit card), it is working well for us and has the right price point.

Cons

I attempted the Quickbooks integration and it worked but for the way we are using the app it won't work to integrate because it forces me to choose a credit card account in our books to pay the expenses. It would be amazing if we could assign it to pay the expenses from our checking account, as this is what is actually happening due to debit cards. As is, I had to disable the integration and go back to manually entering.

Betty from OES Global Inc

Zoho Expense Software Review

Zoho Expense will allow us to budget our expenses and give our Sales People an easy way to keep track of their expenses.

Pros

Our company has been using Zoho CRM for about a year and we are very happy with it. So when we decided to look for budgeting software, management decided to test drive Zoho Expense. Setting up the Users and the Chart of Accounts was easy to do. I tried different ways of submitting expenses. We did scanning, emailing and also submitted expenses via cell phone. I especially like using the cell phone. During our testing, one of my expenses was rejected and I received an immediate notice. I also like the ease of reporting. The reports are easy to create and also to submit for approval.

Cons

In doing the testing, I have not found anything that I actually dislike about Zoho Expense.

Heather from Arbor Masters Tree Service

Makes on-the-go Expense Reporting Possible

Zoho Expense has saved us money by saving administrative time. Instead of dropping receipts off to one person and having them code our receipts, managers can scan them and code them on the go. When their statement comes out they just check to make sure they have all their receipts and submit them to our accountant.

Pros

I love that I can snap a picture of my receipt and it automatically scans it for me. There are a few things that I still need to fill in manually, but overall that function saves me a lot of time. I am always on the go and travel to offices all over the country so this app has made it much easier for me to keep track of my expenses and report expenses that need to be reimbursed. I also love the accountability it creates for our employees. It's very ideal when you have your staff scattered throughout the country in different offices.

Cons

It's not that intuitive right at the start for the older generation or people without an understanding of how computers work. Anyone 40 and under though should pick it up right away.

Harri from Gofore

Zoho expense has made our company expense claims easy and straightforward.

More efficient expense management. Good mobile client.

Pros

The mobile app is very good. Having a possibility to photograph your receipts immediately when the expense occurs and then submit them to automated scanning that will pre-fill the forms is excellent. When the expenses will be actually claimed, it is easy to refine the pre-scanned expenses and submit the full report - all on mobile.

Cons

There is still room for improvement in producing the project or client specific expense reports, for example to enable fully transparent cost reporting to clients. Also, bulk-editing multiple entries in the report approval, for example changing the expence category would make it more efficient to use.

Sudheendra from Madras Terrace Architectural Works

Simple to Use even on Mobile

Very useful especially because of its direct integration with Zoho Books Makes it easy to track all petty expenses

Pros

No training required, get operational and be effective in tracking spending by the team right from day 1. One interesting thing that it offers is Receipt OCR, found it quite cool and pretty good in interpretation.

Cons

Minimum 10 users is actually not necessary, could have been a little lesser in terms of affordability like Zoho Books