Zoho Expense

Zoho Expense Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Support team is by far best i have seen in the industry and scanning of reciepts and extraction of line items saves a lot of time."
  • icon"I liked the ease of use and simplicity. Right away I knew this was going to be an easy app to use and maintain."
  • icon"Great App & I'd recommend it for everyone to control/track/record expenses in a very smart & efficient manner."
  • icon"Bad, bad timing...this is a big FAIL. You really should get a group of your current customers to test drive new platforms in the future before rolling them out."
  • icon"Some trouble getting QBs Desktop integration working."
  • icon"The lack of subcategories, you can not create them on your cell phone."

All Zoho Expense Reviews

Puran

Company size: 201 - 500 employees

February 2022

Quite useful tool to track and record company expenses

Puran

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Quite useful tool to track and record company expenses

In overall I just love the Zoho Expense, now I'm able to record my monthly expenses for a company and can mark them reimbursement item that means once approved I will get reimbursed for that expense from a company which is not only helping me but also helping the company in smoothing the whole process of monitoring the expenses and providing reimbursements.

Pros

I have started using Zoho Books initially and gradually I explored other Zoho products as well. In a few days, I got to know about the Zoho Expense and I was like this is the tool I need. It makes my life really easy by offering the easiest way to record my expenses for the company and other employees as well. Once the expenses are recorded in the Zoho Expense, it will directly be shown in the Zoho Books. I just love this feature.

Cons

Well, there are no cons I have noticed but for the unfamiliar person, it might be a little tricky at initial to learn and to use it. But, believe me, the Zoho team will provide any required support to make sure you are having a good experience with their services/tools.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

I was using Wave Accounting before coming to Zoho but once I got to know about Zoho, I was delighted to use it.

Maddie

May 2022

I love how friendly it is Zoho to new users

There are several positive aspects to this program. Although it is well-designed, some of the functionality is still not entirely functional. I appreciate the user-friendly design and the ease with which expenses can be submitted. The bespoke procedures for approval make it simple to route costs for secondary approvals depending on their monetary worth, saving time and money.

Pros

The pricing of the program is attractive to me because it is competitively priced in comparison to its competitors. I do a lot more for my company now, which is why I switched to a different software package. I feel that this program will be beneficial to someone who is just getting started. The program is incredibly simple to use and has proven to be really beneficial in keeping me organized with my company expenses as well as in keeping me on track with my tax preparation.

Cons

Overall, this is an excellent tool. At first sight, the supplementary papers that are connected to the reports may be disregarded, although this is not a serious cause for concern.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

With Zoho Expense, getting started is a breeze. Drag and drop, email, or a snapshot via the mobile app may all be used to record receipts. To complete the expenditure information, optical character recognition is used.

Tina

Industry: Wholesale

October 2022

Life Saver

By using the app, I automatically take pictures of receipts when getting them. No more procrastination inputting at the end of the week. I don't miss any receipts and they are in order by date, so accounting can match to the credit card charges. This is saving time and sometimes trees. A lot of hotel receipts are emailed directly to my business email. I'm able to go on website and attach these receipts into the report saving paper. Very easy to do. You can never get back time. Time is money and this saves me a lot of it.

Pros

When my previous provider discontinued their service, I was in a panic. I immediately started searching and reading reviews. Zoho Expense was the closest I could find to support my needs. The cost was very reasonable, and the app is easy to use. It was important for me to be able to have access to an app that stored receipt photos and giving me a comment section where I could explain what each expense was for. Their app was self-explanatory easy to use, and the website allows you to review all information compiled on the app making changes, if necessary, before submitting.

Cons

The only downside I have experienced is when taking photos on the app, the photo store to my phone. There might be an easy fix to this, but I haven't had time to try. I just go and delete all the photos once my expenses have been submitted.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

It was their customer service team. They were extremely helpful and helped with all my questions. The cost was within the allotted budget my company allows. The app was also a factor. It was very clear and easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

They no longer offered the service. They contacted me in July and stated they were discontinuing this service. I could switch to their new service, but it was for large groups, and I was the only employee using it.

Karen

May 2022

Zoho expenses had the ability to be something great but didn't fit my exact needs

Pros

I could see all the potential Zoho expenses had with the ability to integrate with all the other Zoho products and services they provide. Unfortunately that did not help in my situation and I'm not sure if I'll be able to make this software work for me in the future but I will continue to try

Cons

The big con for me is not being able to integrate with many third-party applications or services. They want you to stay inside these Zoho infrastructure of course to make more money but that affects me cuz I have to make so many changes on my end for that to work.

February 2022

do not use

Pros

None -- honestly the worst expense software I've ever used

Cons

Where to begin... - doesn't pull in all transactions from Amex - constantly breaks - not easy for employees or admins to use - customer service employees are nice but not helpful because the product is awful

Cade

Industry: Renewables & Environment

March 2022

Zoho Expense is the uncomplicated winner in this category!

Overall, my experience with Zoho Expense has been great. I see no reason to switch to any other service. This app offer everything I was looking for and more.

Pros

I love how simple and focused this app is. I don't need a million options, just something that makes it easy to keep track of and submit expenses. Zoho Expense does all of that an more at a very reasonable price.

Cons

I think that the only thing that could be improved in this app is the database of merchants in the United States could be more comprehensive. Not a big issue, but maybe something that could be updated.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

Simplicity, focus, and cost were the deciding factors.

Cost

Taylor

Great Expense Tracking Tool

Pros

My team loves the mobile app and the ease of uploading receipts. The corporate card functionality is awesome as well.

Cons

The integrations with QuickBooks wasn't as seamless as I had hoped it would be

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

This was a better price point. We also didn't like how overly political Expensify leadership was

Jace

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Great Potential, Poor Execution & Customization

Overall I have not been pleased. Customer service is very nice but incomplete in their responses and you don't realize it until something occurs and you lose weeks worth of work. They punt to other Zoho teams a lot for helping you. And you cannot speak with anyone in the US. I would not normally have a problem with this, but they don't seem to understand that as the administrator of the account, I pay the bill and should be able to access the account of employees who no longer work for us.

Pros

This software has been relatively easy for our team to use in the field to record expenses. I would say that the ability to snap a picture of receipts and auto-recognize the vendor and amount is good. And the reconciliation process with credit card statements is great.

Cons

Too many problem to list here. The biggest problem I have is that as the administrator, I do not have complete control over all our user accounts. Our employees are truck drivers out on the road. They occassionally miss a receipt and I have to follow up later. But I can't just get the receipt and upload it. I must reject their report and they must re-submit. We've had employees who were terminated and they turned in their final receipts in hard copy, but I am unable to gain access to their account. Zoho won't give me access to their account so I can remove their credit card and delete the user from our account, along with any old receipts that are still "unsubmitted" in their queue. The onboarding process has been incredibly long because customer service was incomplete in their information. They never told me that credit card transactions had to be uploaded prior to employees submitting their expense reports. Thus, the auto reconcilitation did not occur and I must get employees to go in and manually match their receipts. This must be done on a computer and is virtually impossible when the users are truck drivers without laptops. If you use Capitol One credit cards, run far away from Zoho. Even though our cards are all corporate cards and our employees don't have access to their own account online, that is what we must do if we want to use the auto-import feature. Otherwise, each employee has to download their own credit card transactions.

Catherine

November 2022

Onboarding is Simple with Zoho Expense

Going from a manual receipt collection and reconciliation process to the Zoho Expense software that captures all of our receipts and card feeds directly has significantly improved our monthly credit card reconciliations. The interface has been easy for our employees to understand and submit their reports! Overall, the onboarding process was one of the smoothest experiences we've had with bringing on a new tool/software.

Pros

Implementation of Zoho was incredibly easy and training took almost no time due to how user friendly the interface is. This is only our second month reconciling our credit card to the expenses and receipts tracked in Zoho but the difference from manual collection and reconciliation to Zoho has been a game-changer for us. Additionally, the ability to export receipts as a single PDF report as well as an Excel file with our own GL accounts has saved the Finance team hours.

Cons

We had a little bit of trouble initially setting up our card feeds, but Zoho was very helpful in getting us back on the right track. It is also sometimes difficult to understand where all of the different settings can be changed from due to the number of options.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

We had a lot of trouble getting other companies to even respond to what we were looking for. Zoho not only responded and walked us through a demo, but ultimately had everything we were hoping for within a great price range.

Federico

July 2022

Great product for a Small / Medium Business

My experience, in this solution, is excellent. Zoho Expense provides great value to the operations by helping with the manage and control of expenses.

Pros

This is a great product which allows you to track expenses in a single view, shows duplicated charges, and its approval settings really help improve the expending culture in the company. In addition, has a Free Plan!

Cons

The issue, like any solution, depends on its compatibility with other solutions like Quickbooks, but it does have an easy workaround so that would be a minimum problem.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

We tested two alternative solutions and the ratio quality/price was impressively better in Zoho Expense.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

Zoho Expense has a Free Plan and works perfectly with Netsuit.

Sonya

June 2022

Seems to be Just What We Need

I definitely like Zoho expense better than QuickBooks. I will continue using this product and look forward to streamlining it with my Zoho books, email, and any other programs that we decide to utilize. Seems like a great solution for our small business.

Pros

I have only used this on a trial basis so far but it's exactly we need - something better than an Excel worksheet and cheaper that QuickBooks. It has allowed us to manage company expenses and I think it will be a great solution once we purchase and integrate it into our systems.

Cons

Using Zoho can be a little confusing at first - nothing major - but the Zoho email program is asking me to verify my email (required to approve some expenses) - which is a Zoho email - and the way that the systems work together is a little confusing - but I am confident that with a couple of tutorials or if I schedule a session with a Zoho rep to walk me through - that I will get the hang of it and enjoy using this product for our small company.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

The reviews and information indicated that it would be more suitable for our small company. The interface is user friendly and I really like the look of Zoho products. Some of the platforms might be better for large companies that have to manage a lot of details. Overall I recommend Zoho and look forward to utilizing the software further.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

QuickBooks is expensive, has too many features that we don't need, and is frustrating to use. Excel spreadsheets are cumbersome and depend on the user to set things up correctly - too much of a hassle.

Kurtis

June 2022

It Just Works!

I have a mantra, Simplicity, Clarity & Confidence. Zoho Expense is Simple and easy to learn and use. It provides Clarity on how their system works and all the tools which gives me confidence that, that this one area of our business I do not need to spend too much time or worry about it getting the job done.

Pros

We had previously used Expensify (Ramp) and it worked well I thought until I tried Zoho Expense. It is more user-friendly and consistent in operation. We spend so little time putting together and processing expense reports now that this area of responsibility is an afterthought. I love it because it just works, and it is simple. On top of that Zoho does not send you political emails and social agenda propaganda that you receive through the company formally known as Expensify which is now called Ramp. In business I purchase products and services to do business, I do not purchase your political and social agenda for you to send me when I am purchasing your services. I could not recommend the services of Zoho Expense more...it has been a great decision to move from Expensify (Ramp) to Zoho.

Cons

At this point, it is hitting all the areas in an easy and effective way.

It works so well.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

They were more costly with a more complex system. Expensify keeps focus on business and not on promoting a political and social agenda to its customers. I want to do business with my partners not be used as a sounding board for the president's personal agendas.

Stanisha

April 2022

Decent software

It was decent. I do a lot more for my business and that is why I switched to another software. I do believe this software will benefit someone who is just starting out.

Pros

I like the cost of the software as it is competitively priced against it’s competition.

Cons

It does not have as many features as I would like. It may be good for someone who is starting out.

Response from Zoho

Hi Stanisha, Thank you for taking the time to review Zoho Expense. We would like to know more about the features that you are looking for so that we can assist you with setting up the same if possible. Kindly write to support[at]zohoexpense[dot]com so that we can help you further. Regards, Yohvan - Zoho Expense

Replied May 2022

Dylan

November 2022

Easy to use, everything you need, and attractive pricing

Pros

Delivers all the core features and them some, with top-tier ease of use and UX. An equal, if not superior, offering to top competitors at a lower price point.

Cons

The only (minor) piece of constructive feedback I can think of: the requirement to initiate a reimbursement after approving an expense report feels redundant. Some of our approvers initially assumed that approving the expense report was the final step for the submitter to be reimbursed.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Expense

Overpriced, suprising degree of "headache" when trying to migrate reimbursements to our new bank account

using Zoho Expense for driver expenses

very easy to use on the mobile app which is critical for our drivers

Pros

very easy mobile option for drivers to submit expenses

Cons

seems on the mobile app you can not split receipts into multiple categories

Reasons for choosing Zoho Expense

easy integration woth our suite of Zoho products

Christine