Zoho Invoice

Zoho Invoice Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Zoho is a solid piece of software. Love that they have a client portal."
  • icon"First of all, this software is free, so that alone makes it amazing. I enjoy the invoice format and the easy way that it emails the clients when you are ready to send it out."
  • icon"The interface is simple and easy to use and customer support helped me setting things up the way I want."
  • icon"This app cannot be integrated with Zoho inventory which I dislike."
  • icon"I had some errors come up on an invoice - this happened repeatedly and I wasn't able to get assistance with this. However, the problem went away on its own."
  • icon"Can be difficult to find template settings if you're not familiar with it."

Have you used Zoho Invoice and would like to share your experience with others?

All Zoho Invoice Reviews

Rick

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Time used: Unspecified

Zoho Invoice User Review

Julieanne

Great value

Overall I love Zoho Invoice simply because of how effectively they automate the process of sending invoices and collecting payment. It saves me so much time every month and is worth every penny.

Pros

I needed an invoicing system that could send recurring invoices. I was spending too much time every month manually creating invoices, and would often send them out late, which meant I'd get paid late. Of all the options I researched (there were a lot) Zoho had the most features for the lowest price. Set up was easy, and they keep adding new features that are included with my subscription. They even have automatic reminder emails you can have sent to clients who are late in paying. This happens so often in my industry, that this feature has actually helped me collect my payments faster, without me having to spend time trying to get paid. I also love that as my business grows, Zoho has so many other products that I could add to my Zoho dashboard. I've also noticed that most of the other 3rd party programs I use have options to connect to Zoho.

Cons

Their customer support is a bit slow. There's a new feature they've rolled out that I'd like to use, but there's not much documentation about it. I reached out a few days ago for help and still haven't heard back. It would be nice if step by step instructions were easy to find for their new features.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Invoice

Zoho offered the cheapest price for the feature of sending recurring invoices. After using this program, I've seen there are many other handy features that come along with their low rate. Because it also connects to so many 3rd party programs, I don't foresee switching to another company for quite some time.

Response from Zoho

Hi Julieanne, Thank you for taking the time to review us! We're glad to hear you were able to streamline your invoicing and payment collection processes. Regarding your feedback on the documentation, it would be very helpful if you could share more details. Please feel free to drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com Regards, Harikrishna The Zoho Invoice Team

Replied February 2020

Matthew

Great invoicing tool for small businesses

Overall good customer service and good product. We tried different ways to implement the recurring feature that most of our clients would use. We wanted to auto deduct recurring invoices and it didn't have that feature, otherwise, we probably would have stayed with it. We did use Zoho subscriptions for that.

Pros

It was quick to get up and running. The software is fairly easy to navigate and provides professional looking invoices that are downloadable by my customers. My favorite feature is the reminder feature, once you send out an invoice the software can send out automated reminders for the client to pay in case they don't see it in their email the first time or get busy and forget (cause an email will be forgotten eventually, as good intentioned as we all are). Definitely good for people starting out and small businesses that don't have a lot of clients. The price point is low for starting out, usually a lot less than other software I've seen and used. And if you use Zoho CRM, in can integrate with that.

Cons

For me personally, I was using the software for invoicing website development customers, and once you get done, apart from web hosting, you are done. And over the past few years, I hit my max level and I don't feel like its much of a benefit to have past customers count towards my limit. Some of which are small jobs. I think it would be better if you have the same customers you invoice regularly.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Invoice

Better options than paypal with less setup.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

We were switching CRM systems and cutting back on things we were not using.

Response from Zoho

Hi Matthew, Thanks for the review! We are happy to know the automatic reminders and the integration between Zoho Invoice and Zoho CRM were of help to you. Regarding recurring transactions, it's good to hear that Zoho Subscriptions caters to your needs but since Zoho Invoice itself has recurring invoices and the ability to auto-charge your customers, we would like to know a little more on it. You can reach out to support@zohoinvoice.com so that we can understand your requirements better. Regards, Harikrishna

Chenelle

November 2022

Great app

Zoho is a very good app if you are starting a business, as I found it easy and simple to use.

Pros

I likes the invoice the most. It's very good to send invoices to my clients without needing to make one by myself.

Cons

Not moving things around on the invoice, I think it would have been better.

Marion

Industry: Printing

June 2022

Wish it had more features

Pros

It was fantastic for the price. You have a full suite of features for a fraction of what something like Freshbooks or Quickbooks cost. While it had significant limitations, the features are far and above what you would expect for the monthly fee

Cons

My review my be a little outdated as I have switched over to Quickbooks paired with an industry specific invoicing system. The main issue I had was that it was missing a strong estimation software that they had implemented in their CRM module. That baffled me as the CRM had a more customizable and robust system than their actual invoicing system did. What's more, it didn't translate over as cleanly as I would have wanted. This might have been fixed by now but the disparity between their different modules can be problematic.

Ashley

August 2022

Zoho Invoice for the Win

I love zoho invoice, the TMS systems we use have invoicing built-in (that we pay for) but I prefer zoho to them

Pros

I love that the invoices are customizable and easy to use

Cons

So far I have had no issues using Zoho invoice

Reasons for choosing Zoho Invoice

Their invoice features were not as user friendly or customizable

Domenico

That's my choice for invoice software

The software is awesome. No complains. I really like the UI and the templating system is the best I've used. I've tried many similar software but none had all those options that lets you customise in depth your invoice layout, fields and overall appearance. Try it out.. the base plan is free!

Pros

I tried many invoicing systems but none had the ease and depth needed to customise and translate all the fields needed to be compliant to my country tax and formal rules. The templating system is awesome, the way u can set automatic invoicing will save you a lot of time. This is just the best invoice software I've used and I'm still sticking with it.

Cons

The only drawback is that you can't delete customers if you have an invoice regarding them. This can limit your free trial or your free plan. If you always work with the same customers it's fine.. if you always have new and many customers this is something to think about first.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Invoice

I choose Zoho because I could customise the invoice template and fields to be easy to use and compliant to my country laws. All the other solutions were not customisable enough to meet the Italian tax regulations standards but might work well in other coutries.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

Whmcs takes too much effort for a little company

Jason

April 2022

The Only Solution That Covers All My Small Business Invoicing and Accounting Needs

Zoho is nearly-perfect for small-business invoicing and accounting. I no longer worry about tax season, as I can easily create and print out all my billing and income info from the year. I can quickly know whether a client has paid or not, and it all transaltes instantly and perfectly to iPhone.

Pros

Zoho seamlessly integrates its iPhone app with its website so I can immediately create booking deposit invoices while I'm on the road—immediately capturing clients at that crucial moment when they are ready to on-board. Once all my templates are set up, it's just a couple clicks to send a new client an invoice via email or even text.

Cons

Zoho feels very "enterprise." Most of its preset categories and templates assume you are a giant corporation. Fiddling with billing and accounting headers and categories can be daunting and slightly confusing.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Invoice

Nothing I found in the iPhone App Store could rival Zoho Invoice's total reporting power, with expense tracking and reporting.

Sabarieshwar

October 2022

Good to use but need few tweaks to have the best experience

Pros

This software is very easy to understand and use, and one of the main advantage is that it also has mobile app so that we can check and also create invoices even through the phone itself.

Cons

Few things like no automatic payment updating and complexity in adding new sku has to be upgraded so it will be more user friendly

Deepak

October 2022

Works on both IOS as well as Android

I am using it last 3 years, it's very supportive & customisable invoice app.

Pros

It's can be use in both iPhone as well as Android

Cons

Less number of themes available, adding customise lines not availability. I would like to tell please make it more attractive.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Invoice

Just to compare which is suitable for long term uses

Not available in IOS

Alba

November 2022

Muy buena para empezar con facturación

Pros

Muy sencilla para todo lo relacionado con la facturación, siempre teniendo en mente pequeñas y medianas empresas

Cons

Si se pudiera llevar la contabilidad con esta herramienta seria perfecta. Además, la interfaz es demasiado básica.

Andy

Industry: Graphic Design

Mr

Zoho Invoice provides a full-featured accounting tool for self-employed service professionals who don't need to manage bank accounts or balance sheet assets. If you sell your time or sell (or resell) products you create and don't need an inventory system, Zoho Invoice is nearly perfect.

Pros

Practically everything is so well-thought out. Zoho Invoice is everything a self-employed person or entrepreneur needs to manage contacts, quotes, invoices, receivables and expenses. It even has robust support for time billing (projects, tasks, etc.), sales tax, recurring invoices, and even multiple currencies (I just need USD, but the capability is there). Zoho Invoice is the almost perfect accounting tool I need to track income and expenses. When my data is entered and up to date, getting my data to my accountant for income tax prep is as simple as exporting two spreadsheets.

Cons

The expense feature set includes the ability to track mileage. This feature is represented well on the iOS app, but in order to enter a mileage record with an odometer reading, the system requires both a beginning value and an ending value at the same time. This really doesn't work. I would have to note my beginning mileage then enter it along with the ending mileage at the end of the business trip. As such, I use a standalone mileage app called MileBug.

Alex

Zoho invoice makes estimates & invoices easy

My overall experience with Zoho Invoice has been great.

Pros

I like how you can setup the templates and integrate a variety of payment options. The online portal makes it easy for the client end to manage payments and stay informed on what is going on.

Cons

I wish it would integrate with quickbooks easier. Also it would be easier of it had some sort of e-sign option for clients to sign the terms page on invoices.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Invoice

I chose Zoho Invoice over the alternatives because of the online portal access and how easy it is to send out estimates with your products and services listed in the drop down menus.

Response from Zoho

Hi Alex, Thank you so much for reviewing us! We are thrilled to hear your feedback :) We are sorry that we don't have a direct integration with QB as of now. However, you can take a look at Zoho Books if you are interested. Regarding e-signing, it's currently available for estimates (your clients can sign your estimate to accept it) but not for invoices. If you'd like to know more about this, feel free to reach out to support@zohoinvoice.com Regards, Harikrishna The Zoho Invoice Team

Replied February 2020

Freelancers will fall in love!

Wonderful! Can't say enough about Zoho Invoicing component!

Pros

After having tried to find solutions that are cloud-based, available on multiple devices and is easy to use, this is absolutely the best economic solution! I am a part-time design freelancer with many clients to balance jobs/AP/AR, needless to say, I needed an easy to use solution that I can quickly find, send, follow-up or expense items. This is by far the best option for that type of invoicing! -Customizable -Detailed reports & dashboards -Estimates -Terms & conditions -Easy entries by client -Sortable -Can use on desktop & mobile -Timesheets (although I don't utilize this function)

Cons

Honestly, I have yet to find a flaw for my needs. This is such a wonderful solution for small to midsize businesses and perhaps nonprofits. Not sure how well it would fare for larger organizations.

Shane

One of the Best!

Pros

Zoho Invoice had almost everything we needed. The customization was great, the way they had line items setup was perfect. They accepted both Paypal and Stripe right out of the gate with no wonky overlays. It is a little bit of a no-frills system visually but it does everything you want it to do. Then there's the price, for what you pay you really cannot beat this platform.

Cons

The only reason we switched away from the Zoho Invoice service was integrations. When we implemented Proposify it didn't integrate with Zoho Invoice but had a seamless integration with Freshbooks. If Zoho Invoice had more integrations (non-Zapier) it would be great.

Response from Zoho

Hi Shane, Thanks for the review. It's good to know you liked the online payment integrations we have. Regarding the integration with Proposify, we are sorry that it's not available right now. But, if we roll it out in the future, we shall let you know. That said, if you are interested, we can discuss how can set up the connection between these apps using our APIs. Cheers, Harikrishna

Elise

Great Value For the Money

I've used Zoho from it's free version to where my business has needed to evolve to the paid tiers. It's a great solution for smaller businesses and I enjoy all of the online functionality that it affords us. The ability to accept payments online and create an entire estimate to invoice system has been invaluable. Support is good too.

Pros

Easy to setup and start invoicing. I like the online payment features and customer portals. Ability to approve and decline estimates online is really helpful and I like that it will auto-invoice.

Cons

Can be difficult to find template settings if you're not familiar with it. Can be hard to find some of their great features. For example, they have pre-set functionality that you can insert into the templates that I wasn't looking at because it was named something else.

Response from Zoho

Hi Elise, Thank you so much for the review! It's good to know that you are able to manage estimates, invoices and payments through Zoho Invoice. Regarding the templates, if you could drop an email to support@zohoinvoice.com, it would be great! We like to know the features and functionalities that you found difficult to find, so that we can enhance your experience further. Regards, Harikrishna

Maitham Abdulkarim