• Pros

• "I have found it easy to setup and use and the interface is well laid out and intuitive."

• "The customer service is awesome! Someone is always available to speak over the phone right away !"

• "Once set up, it runs pretty seamlessly without problems or difficulties. We have been on with them for a couple of years and haven't experienced any problems as the system changes and evolves "

• Cons

• "Don't love the fact that you have to create your own billing portals but once you complete this step, you're all set and everything runs easily from there."

• "Widget needs a little more options, and there needs to be a better 'preview' and way to do test transactions."

• "I have had no bad experiences, so I can offer no cons to the Zoho products we use."

Browse Zoho Subscriptions Reviews

Matthew from Atlas Internet Marketing LLC

Great for automating payments from clients

Great for start ups and small businesses who are trying to keep a low overhead. Their customer service is nice to work with, I usually would just chat with them or send them an email because I am familiar with using online software. For someone who isn't tech savvy they do have a call in option.

Pros

Really easy to set up, and integrated with the merchant processing of my choice. When we first switched over Zoho subscriptions were the only tool that could email multiple reminders to the clients prior to the billing renewal which I feel is great for subscription services. The customer portal on the backend allows for customers to change their credit card information without me or one of my team members to have to do it manually. Super time saver. It also notifies my team when a payment doesn't go through for whatever reason and can automatically retry the card again. When we first started, it gave up to $50k worth of transactions as a free trial. Meaning you don't have to pay for a subscription until you reach 50k worth of transactions or a certain number of clients. Really cool.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was that I couldn't do a one time payment easily. Sometimes we have one time jobs such as web development or consulting, and it makes it kind of hard to use just this one system. We had to also get Zoho invoice to complement what we were doing. So unless you are doing just recurring subscriptions you'll need to get an invoicing tool as well. Als ran into problems with the customer portal, but most of my clients didn't wnat to log in so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Response from Zoho

Replied November 2019

Hi Matthew, Good to hear from you! Thank you so much for such a detailed review on both Zoho Invoice and Subscriptions. It means so much to us. Regarding the benefits of the client portal and payment retry settings, we couldn't agree more! Glad to know we are a part of your subscription business journey. Cheers, Harikrishna

Lucas from MOM+POP, Ltd.

Gets the job done. Great customer and subscription admin panel.

My client needed to quickly deploy a simple subscription-based membership system and ZoHo Subscriptions totally fit the bill. It provided a test environment identical to the launch environment so there was little in the way of post-launch bug cleanup. The system was super easy to set up an MVP and was flexible enough so that we could build on this MVP as our real-world usage brought to light other features we wanted to deploy.

Pros

Pricing structure API integrations Webhook announcements Clean and intuitive admin panel Robust reporting Subscriber export Subscription pricing flexibility with coupons and addons

Cons

The non-API deployment is a bit limited in terms of collecting any customer information that's not part of the default data. We didn't have the budget to do a full API deployment, but we were able to come up with some workarounds to collect info in fields not specifically designed for that information. When we did go with the full API deployment, it was pretty easy to transition our hacked-together data collection into the new custom fields.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Subscriptions

Best balance between pricing structure and non-technical deployment

Response from Zoho

Replied May 2020

Hi Lucas, Thanks for taking the time to review Zoho Subscriptions! We are happy to know your feedback on the Sandbox environment, the API and webhook capabilities and the flexibility aspect of the app. We believe your subscription billing is streamlined as per your needs. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us anytime. Happy to have you with us Lucas. Cheers, Harikrishna

Doug from Binary Anvil

Alex from RealEyes Displays, LLC

Recommended to All my SAAS Friends

We use this everyday, and are continuing to build upon it. It integrates directly into Zoho Books which makes our bookkeeping super easy. This was one of the main reasons we chose to use it.

Pros

This software makes automatic billing an unbelievably easy thing to do. I absolutely love how you can create products, and within the product create different pricing plans. You can set how each customer should be billed and how often. It provides an online billing account for your customers to see their subscriptions, paid invoices and even update their credit card details.

Cons

We love it, but our main gripe about Zoho Subscriptions is that you only get one Hosted payment page for ALL of your products and plans. This is truly odd to me, and many people in the forums are also confused why there has not been any ability to create different payment pages for different products. This means that if you have two different branded subscriptions...you must somehow make a single check out page that fits both of them. Also, it's the same page as when a user updates their cc info... everything else is amazing with this product, but for us, it was a face-palm.

Mark from Collateral

Great way to keep track of subscription purchases

I'm not sure what we would do without Zoho Subscriptions. It has taken us from spreadsheets and manual invoicing to an automated process. This has saved us hours of manual labor. I love how we can keep track of our clients and quickly issue refunds if needed.

Pros

I love how Zoho Subscriptions can connect to several payment processors. Its also wonderful how it auto syncs with Zoho CRM without having to build an API.

Cons

Didn't have any cons. Great program to use.

Response from Zoho

Replied November 2019

Hello Mark, Thanks a bunch for the awesome review! It's great to know your journey from spreadsheets to automatic invoicing and that's what we have been always focusing on - helping business owners save time and streamline processes, so that they can focus on the actual business! If you are interested, we love to hear your success story and share it with Zoho's millions of customers. Feel free to contact me directly :) Cheers, Harikrishna

Great tool for presenting and maintaining subscriptions

Because our service model is subscription based, Zoho's tool that interacts with its CRM and other tools (like creator) is invaluable, and we are very pleased with it, and plan to use it indefinitely.

Pros

Loved the tool for building subscription checkout options, as well as the templates and options to customize with code. There was a great deal of freedom presented, and it served us very well. The ability to create and manage the plans themselves was also highly intuitive, and easy to adjust and update.

Cons

I have been very happy with this service, and if I have something I wish I could do, almost always find that this has already been covered in another feature.

Response from Zoho

Replied November 2019

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We are really glad that you are able to manage your subscriptions seamlessly using Zoho Subscriptions. And it's great to know our integration with Zoho CRM and Creator are helpful. That's exactly what we aimed at offering - a powerful, integrated ecosystem! If you are interested, we would love to hear and publish your success story with Zoho's millions of customers. Feel free to reach out to me anytime. Cheers, Harikrishna

William from The Social Agent

Best Subscription Software for All-Sized Businesses

Pros

Zoho Subscriptions is great because it allows our company to easily collect payments and then also run promotions and other types of outside-the-box type of billing. Easily integrates with Zoho CRM so our sales team can run orders efficiently and easily.

Chris from TBG Marketing

Great Potential but a Few Key Failures

We offer subscriptions to our services to make it easier for customers to access agency services and manage their payments instead of getting a $100 bill one month and a $1200 bill the next. It also helps us structure client relationships with responsibilities and on going work.

Pros

You can build plans for whatever you want with products and that is pretty simple in and of itself. It is tightly integrated to other Zoho Apps so that get's an A+, the testing environment is not too hard to configure. Add-on products can be created but not listed on the hosted page so an Add On essentially has to be added down the road as an invoiced item which means clients cannot configure their solution.

Cons

Spent about 3 hours configuring Test and when I created the Live environment - had to to it all over again. Nothing you create in Test is in Live. I have checked it twice - it asks you to copy an environment and when I did - poof - had to recreate the products and addons all over again. That seems like a glaring error and opens the solution to errors in subscriptions, wording, pricing, everything. Very odd way to build the solution.

Kurt from AccountingSuite

Good for Scaling

We needed to have one recurring invoice for partners that have multiple clients and subscriptions. And ZohoSubs was a great solution.

Pros

Integrations with Payments is very seamless. Setting up WebForms to create subscriptions is fairly easy.

Cons

Integration with ZohoCRM is not as seamless as hoped.

Kasey from irevu

Great system

Pros

Cons

I wish you could have 1 email address associated with various different customers vs creating 1 customer and having multiple subscriptions under one.

Ari from Hollywood Camera Work LLC

Top Notch Subscription Service

Very solid subscription service, honest, reliable, doesn't demand a percentage of your sales, but simply functions as a reliable subscription management service.

Pros

This is a highly competent subscription service, more features than we could possibly use, and we get to use our own billing. Many subscription services also want to do your billing, or getting a percentage of our sales, charging more than our bank, and then they "own" our customers, which is a deal-breaker for us. Zoho Subscriptions is what a subscription service should be, a highly competent web service that does all the heavy lifting, and plugs into our website and payment processors. We've been with Zoho for two years without an outage. We couldn't be happier.

Cons

The lack of an easily integrated customer portal results in us having to write a lot of user-facing pages on our site simply to do what is already available in the admin interface. But every time we've had a genuinely poorly designed thing on Zoho's end, they listened and rolled out changes within a few months. They obviously care about making this the best service.

Ashley from RTSP, LLC

Easy and efficient

We have been using Zoho subscriptions for about a year now and so far so good. We have had some road blocks in the bringing trying to figure out where all the functions we needed where and now to handle special circumstances, but we have figured out most of its workings and its been pretty much smooth sailing since then.

Pros

I like that you can postpone payment if someone wishes to suspend their membership without have to cancel the whole subscription. I also like that emails are so easy to send the customers right through the website.

Cons

My only complainant is that the initial set up when adding a new customer could be a little more simplified and straight forward. Some of our sales team says it takes a few times to get used to where all the information is that is required and is doesn't point you in the right direction (i.e. high lighting a tab you missed) it just tells you you missed for example the address. Also I would like to see a reminder for when someone's postponed payment will be due again.

Good system that works reliably

We are using Zoho for managing subscription payments for a SaaS product and it is working great. FOr the most part the system just works which is the most important thing to us.

Pros

Cons

The documentation is not easy to use and I haven't found a good source for help. Their forums are good for cookie cutter questions, but challenging to get out if the box answers.

Great for my Renewals !!

Overall a great solutions that works really well , don,t have anything really bad to say about it ... does exactly what it need to do !!

Pros

Set it and forget it , i would not be able to function with the amount of subscriptions i have , Zoho take the hard work out of the management

Cons

No being able to change a subscription easily once set up , also not being able to change a customers Vat Rate , i have customers in different zones and if they ask to change from GBP to USD i have to create a new account

bhishm from Techsense Labs Private Limited

All-in-One Subscription software

We are a recurring subscription-based business. Customer pays us monthly. Many times we need to change the subscription plan and adjust dates accordingly. This software perfectly fits that. It becomes so easy to manage all our paid customers and their subscriptions.

Pros

Hosting pages features, multiple products, and multiple plans, ease of use, clean interface. Subscription management is also very easy.

Cons

It should have post payment, landing page feature.

Mike from ContactRelief, LLC

Industry: Information Services

Zoho Subscriptions hits the sweet spot!

Pros

Zoho Subscriptions hits the sweet spot by providing the functionality needed by most small to medium sized subscription providers at a low cost. Its direct integration with Avalara Tax takes care of critical sales tax calculations. Its multiple payment providers handle everything from credit card transactions to delayed invoicing. Its built-in subscription management reminders and customer portal keep your customers up to date on their subscription status.

Cons

Lack of a direct Quickbooks integration.

Thomas from Satellite Fitness

Great software- easy...

Always helpful. Customer service is quick and responsive. I see no reason to ever stop using this software.

Pros

Helps me stay organized within my small business. Works as an accounting feature for me as well in regards to some of the reporting. Very intuitive with ability to customize everything, including branding. LOVE!

Cons

I really do not have any cons to this software!

Satisfied customer

Pros

I like the fact that my customers have the ability to log in and update any info for themselves at any time (client portal)

Cons

I wish that this product would integrate with my routing software. (Jobber). That way I can save time and not have to manually transfer customer info to my other software (jobber)

Glenn from BCNA

Executive Director

Overall, a positive experience in respect to CRM manangement

Pros

-extremely powerful -subscription renewal an excellent feature

Cons

-lag between CRM syncing with subscription -problem with subscription: prorated rates within a month are not flexible; and adding 2nd tier subscriptions is complex and awkward -cannot change change on 2nd tier subscriptions automatically -updates to subscribers disappear to subscriber in 7 days and cannot be re-implemented by admin

Nisarg from LogiNext

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Easy to use and helpful

Pros

- Provide automation - Easy to integrate with our product - Customer services are good

Cons

- Sometimes the system gets buggy - All the options are not there which is in Zoho invoices - Customer services are only via email, chat or direct phone lines are not that responsive

JOSEPH from Audit Advantage

Review of ZOHO Subscriptions

ZOHO subscriptions has been beneficial to our business by allowing us to receive our payments much faster than we previously were doing. it's like invoicing and bill collection all in one.

Pros

We like the ability to process all our payment and that is it integrated with ZOHO CRM. The various report that are available allow us to manage our business. We never received any training but have been able to navigate the software pretty good. They customer support does a good job answering our emails and phone calls fairly quickly.

Cons

We are not very happy at the time it takes to complete the process of clearing the ACH transactions. we know immediately whether we are funded but the invoices still show outstanding when they are not. so it makes it difficult to know what invoices are actually outstanding.

Taryn from Last Minute Wed

Industry: Publishing

An excellent, automated software with great customer service

Pros

It's automated and super customizable. Any questions are always answered promptly by the customer service team

Cons

There are so many customization options that it can get complicated to do very simple tasks unless you know where to look

Sergio from Staylisted

Zoho Subscriptions is great

Zoho has made it simple for my to bill my customers. Overall I give them a 10 out of 10.

Pros

It's very simple to use. I've used other subscription softwares and Zoho beats them hands down.

Cons

I would like to see Zoho create more options for reporting.

Adam from PDmB

Easy to navigate and gets the job done

Pros

The program provides a lot of value for what you pay. Setup with straight forward it's easy to use on a day to day basis.

Cons

There are times where making changes/updates is more difficult then it should be which can be frustrating.

Gary from LeadChat

Great value!

It's been great!

Pros

Was much better than Chargify or Recurly, as there was no % taken from the subcription.

Cons

The fact you couldn't embed/create your own hosted pages using Zoho Subs without a long form

August from International Online Services, Inc.

Highly Recommend!

Pros

The software is easy to setup and has a great deal of customization options to suite any business.

subscriptions

been great.

Pros

I like the ease of use and integration with Books and Paypal

Cons

I don't like that you can not export the client information including their cc numbers if you want to.

Evan from Invomax

Pros

Easy recharge, integrations, automation, and communication

Cons

glitches in the system that do not apply payments correctly or do not allow the customers to pay via forte

Steve from Zed-Systems

Great solution for managing software subscriptions

Great it has made managing complex subscriptions systems much easier and hassle free.

Pros

Cons

Have problems with some of the payment gateway solutions and not integrating well. But that may well be due to the limitations of Paypal

Katryn from Green Drop Garage

Mostly Satisfied

Pros

I appreciate multiple integration capabilities.

Cons

Having to purchase different packages of features that should already be included

Petru from Real Estate Apps

Great program!

Pros

Zoho Subscription is very user friendly, easy to use and very intuitive

Cons

There is nothing I can think of that I did not like

punya from iBus Networks & Infrastructure Private Limited

Earlier, the billing carried out was a complete manual activity and the team was struggling in reconcillations and capturing payments. By using Zoho subscriptions, we could get a fix on this issue and saw better traction on saving and increasing revenue and efforts.

Pros

It is user friendly and could take care of the invoicing needs in my organization.

Cons

There are some areas that still need manual intervention - example; I cannot prefix the email recepients in cc when sending the manual reminders.

Bishal from Introcept

Customer Satisfaction

I am a happy customer.

Pros

I am satisfied for my journey with ZOHO.

Cons

Support and its timezones. No prompt responses when urgencies.

Eng Yau from iDynamics Software

Good

Pros

Easy to use and add new subscription, mobile apps is cool

Cons

Less flexible in terms of modifying subscription

Great Recurring and Billing Software

Maintaining clients payment record was not easy but thanks to Zoho subscription for solving this issue for us. We are planning to buy more products of ZOHO.

Pros

Keeping a track of your clients payment details, processing a refund or creating a Coupon code using this software is fun and that easy. This has made my life simple.

Cons

I have been using this software for more a year now and did not find any issues with this.

Vidhya from IDS Next Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd

About Zoho

It's very easy to keep track of subscriptions without the fear of missing to bill

Pros

It's simple and easy to use. It's very user friendly and designed for easy understanding

Cons

Certain mandatory features are not available

Janardhanam from SEYON NETLINK PRIVATE LIMITED

User frinedly product...

earlier all these subscription were made manually, ZOHO made every thing automated and reduced the manpower wastage... Awesome product..

Pros

it has many options by default which i required, easy to use..

Cons

After creation of a subscription, we cant edit all the feilds, that make to delete the old subscription and creation of new one.. we cant have two products in a single subscription.

Alisa from https://mth.com.ua

Excellent service for tracking subscriptions

Pros

I recommend this wonderful tool, which saves me a tremendous amount of time and has become an indispensable assistant. He will automatically track who subscribed to the newsletter, and who, on the contrary, unsubscribed.

Cons

Strongly lacks the normal support of the Russian language. If the developers came to our market, it was worth taking care of it.

Shane

Great API and Support

I spent several weeks looking for the right subscription management platform for FilterSnap. There were e-commerce platforms for selling physical products, and subscription platforms for selling virtual subscriptions (gym membership, software license, etc), but nothing that seemed to be able to to sell a subscription to a physical product. Then I found ZOHO Subscriptions. While it was not a perfect fit right out of the box, I was able to use their APIs to build exactly what I needed. Now I am able to concentrate on building my business rather then worrying about by billing platform.

Pros

1. Robust and fully-featured API 2. Support team is responsive, and goes the extra mile to help you 3. Pricing model is great for the startup and beyond

Cons

1. Does not currently support a custom billing page. However, the support team worked with me to create a hosted payment page that looked like it fit into my signup process. 2. The ZOHO team is constantly updating the platform, but there is not any communication to current customers on what was added, changed, or removed.

Betim from homePad

Good solution for SAAS business model

Pros

Good support Good software integrated with other payment system like Gocardless, Stripe, etc. Full solution with their Zoho CRM

Cons

More detailed dashboard with more stats.

Pamela from Simplify Bizness

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Saves a lot of time!

Saves us a lot of time.

Pros

Saving time is very important to our company because saving time saves us money. Automation saves us time that is why we LOVE Zoho Subscriptions. It helps us to eliminate manual billing. Subscriptions takes care of EVERYTHING - coupons, addons, thank you for your payment, card failure and card expiring notices, and prorate invoices. We can even group invoices from multiple subscriptions together and it integrates with my accounting software. The cost is so much less than other subscription billing services.

Cons

It would be nice to have more than one hosted page layout option. Also the setup for the hosted page can be somewhat default, especially adding addons.

Jack from Smoke Alarm Monitoring

Industry: Security and Investigations

Zoho Subscriptions Review

Good

Pros

Our customer base is organized in one place in a very coherent manner.

Cons

In my opinion, the reporting given could be better.

kevin from Halo Software

Very good

Pros

Like all the options available and easy to use

Cons

Can't think of any reason right now but will let you know

Debra from Vote.org

Easy to use, affordable, handles recurring charges like a champ

Pros

We had a short list of needs: easy to use for non-technical folks, affordable, and able to handle recurring charges. Zoho fits all three, and everyone on the team finds it easy to use.

Cons

This isn't a valid complaint, but the UI is a tiny bit dated. But the software works, and I don't particularly care that it looks like 2016 software and not 2019 software. When I say "a little bit dated" i mean a little bit. Literally, no one should care about this.

Pamela from Simplify Bizness

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Makes my monthly billing easy

Before using Zoho Subscriptions, I used a invoice billing app that allowed us to send monthly invoices. We send payment reminders 5 days before the end of the month. The invoicing app only allowed me to set a date we want reminders sent. So if the month had 30 days (or less), the reminder was one day off. Subscriptions sends reminders 5 days before the end of the month no matter how many days are in a month. This is just one of the many great things about Zoho Subscriptions.

Pros

Zoho Subscriptions makes my monthly billing easy. We have more flexibility than recurring billing. We can add multiple plan options for customers to select when subscribing to our services.

Cons

There is not enough options or flexibility for hosted pages.

Danilo from Self-Employed

Awesome

Pros

I really like the system and the features. Easy to use and I adapted very fast.

Cons

Perhaps more options for communicating with the client, in addition to sending e-mails.

Nick from IndieCo Digital

User friendly, easy to use

Have used Zoho for over 4 years. Subscriptions is a great customer management tool for large client base/data base

Pros

Software is easy to set up, maintain and use. Interfaces well with Zoho Books accounting software. Ideal for SME orgainsations wanting value for money, easy of application and great customer support.

Cons

Don't really dislike anything about it. If we had to be picky, you have to leave Subscriptions to go into other Zoho applicatons like Books or Inventory

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Subscriptions

because of integration with Zoho Books which we use across all of our businesses.

Michael from Veloce

Very good, it does what it needs to do without being a hassle. From time to time it bugs.

Pros

It does what it needs to do without being a hassle, although it will bug from time to time. The interface is friendly and quite easy to use. We use this internally for recurring subscriptions and so far, no major issues have been brought up.

Cons

Whenever we run into an issue, we contact their support team and the responses are great. The issue is that they take time (which to a certain extent is understandable) to answer. I believe that this is due to Zoho themselves and not this exact software.

The perfect start for us as a startup (ZOHO ONE Suite)

Pros

Easy to set up Easy to operate Support reacts very quickly on all channels Extremely flexible for all business areas Benefit from this in connection with ZOHO CRM But don't use the API yet

Cons

At the moment I can't think of any details there. We are really very satisfied. With a few subscriptions everything has worked very well so far.

Lasse

Industry: Warehousing

April 2015

Zoho Subscription, simple, powerfull and flexible

We are actually using Zoho Subscription for renting out storage and parking spaces. Not typically what subscription software are made for! We found that Zoho Subscriptions were the best way to go for us, not only because of their standard functionality, but also due to their many, very functional API's. Very helpfull for us now, and in the future. The responsiveness at Zoho support have also been a main, very positive factor. We are very happy that we chose to go with Zoho Subscriptions, and plan to roll out this in soulution in other countries where we operate as well. Lasse Høydal

Pros

Very responsive support. Integrated with Zoho Books and CRM - a mature product with many users. The API's Able to handle both CC card and non-CC card customers

Cons

Still quite a new product in the Zoho family. More custom reporting always helpfull.