Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "- Provide automation - Easy to integrate with our product - Customer services are good "

• "Zoho Subscription is very user friendly, easy to use and very intuitive "

• "I have found it easy to setup and use and the interface is well laid out and intuitive."

• "I appreciate multiple integration capabilities. "

• Cons

• "It took a while to get setup, when we set it up we didn't find much resources available to help us implement."

• "Can't think of any reason right now but will let you know"

• "I would like to see Zoho create more options for reporting."

• "Have problems with some of the payment gateway solutions and not integrating well. But that may well be due to the limitations of Paypal"

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 66 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

Alex from RealEyes Displays, LLC

Recommended to All my SAAS Friends

We use this everyday, and are continuing to build upon it. It integrates directly into Zoho Books which makes our bookkeeping super easy. This was one of the main reasons we chose to use it.

Pros

This software makes automatic billing an unbelievably easy thing to do. I absolutely love how you can create products, and within the product create different pricing plans. You can set how each customer should be billed and how often. It provides an online billing account for your customers to see their subscriptions, paid invoices and even update their credit card details.

Cons

We love it, but our main gripe about Zoho Subscriptions is that you only get one Hosted payment page for ALL of your products and plans. This is truly odd to me, and many people in the forums are also confused why there has not been any ability to create different payment pages for different products. This means that if you have two different branded subscriptions...you must somehow make a single check out page that fits both of them. Also, it's the same page as when a user updates their cc info... everything else is amazing with this product, but for us, it was a face-palm.

Ari from Hollywood Camera Work LLC

Top Notch Subscription Service

Very solid subscription service, honest, reliable, doesn't demand a percentage of your sales, but simply functions as a reliable subscription management service.

Pros

This is a highly competent subscription service, more features than we could possibly use, and we get to use our own billing. Many subscription services also want to do your billing, or getting a percentage of our sales, charging more than our bank, and then they "own" our customers, which is a deal-breaker for us. Zoho Subscriptions is what a subscription service should be, a highly competent web service that does all the heavy lifting, and plugs into our website and payment processors. We've been with Zoho for two years without an outage. We couldn't be happier.

Cons

The lack of an easily integrated customer portal results in us having to write a lot of user-facing pages on our site simply to do what is already available in the admin interface. But every time we've had a genuinely poorly designed thing on Zoho's end, they listened and rolled out changes within a few months. They obviously care about making this the best service.

Ashley from RTSP, LLC

Easy and efficient

We have been using Zoho subscriptions for about a year now and so far so good. We have had some road blocks in the bringing trying to figure out where all the functions we needed where and now to handle special circumstances, but we have figured out most of its workings and its been pretty much smooth sailing since then.

Pros

I like that you can postpone payment if someone wishes to suspend their membership without have to cancel the whole subscription. I also like that emails are so easy to send the customers right through the website.

Cons

My only complainant is that the initial set up when adding a new customer could be a little more simplified and straight forward. Some of our sales team says it takes a few times to get used to where all the information is that is required and is doesn't point you in the right direction (i.e. high lighting a tab you missed) it just tells you you missed for example the address. Also I would like to see a reminder for when someone's postponed payment will be due again.

Good system that works reliably

We are using Zoho for managing subscription payments for a SaaS product and it is working great. FOr the most part the system just works which is the most important thing to us.

Pros

Once set up, it runs pretty seamlessly without problems or difficulties. We have been on with them for a couple of years and haven't experienced any problems as the system changes and evolves

Cons

The documentation is not easy to use and I haven't found a good source for help. Their forums are good for cookie cutter questions, but challenging to get out if the box answers.

Great for my Renewals !!

Overall a great solutions that works really well , don,t have anything really bad to say about it ... does exactly what it need to do !!

Pros

Set it and forget it , i would not be able to function with the amount of subscriptions i have , Zoho take the hard work out of the management

Cons

No being able to change a subscription easily once set up , also not being able to change a customers Vat Rate , i have customers in different zones and if they ask to change from GBP to USD i have to create a new account

Chris from TBG Marketing

Great Potential but a Few Key Failures

We offer subscriptions to our services to make it easier for customers to access agency services and manage their payments instead of getting a $100 bill one month and a $1200 bill the next. It also helps us structure client relationships with responsibilities and on going work.

Pros

You can build plans for whatever you want with products and that is pretty simple in and of itself. It is tightly integrated to other Zoho Apps so that get's an A+, the testing environment is not too hard to configure. Add-on products can be created but not listed on the hosted page so an Add On essentially has to be added down the road as an invoiced item which means clients cannot configure their solution.

Cons

Spent about 3 hours configuring Test and when I created the Live environment - had to to it all over again. Nothing you create in Test is in Live. I have checked it twice - it asks you to copy an environment and when I did - poof - had to recreate the products and addons all over again. That seems like a glaring error and opens the solution to errors in subscriptions, wording, pricing, everything. Very odd way to build the solution.

Mike from ContactRelief, LLC

Zoho Subscriptions hits the sweet spot!

Pros

Zoho Subscriptions hits the sweet spot by providing the functionality needed by most small to medium sized subscription providers at a low cost. Its direct integration with Avalara Tax takes care of critical sales tax calculations. Its multiple payment providers handle everything from credit card transactions to delayed invoicing. Its built-in subscription management reminders and customer portal keep your customers up to date on their subscription status.

Cons

Lack of a direct Quickbooks integration.

Satisfied customer

Pros

I like the fact that my customers have the ability to log in and update any info for themselves at any time (client portal)

Cons

I wish that this product would integrate with my routing software. (Jobber). That way I can save time and not have to manually transfer customer info to my other software (jobber)

Glenn from BCNA

Executive Director

Overall, a positive experience in respect to CRM manangement

Pros

-extremely powerful
-subscription renewal an excellent feature

Cons

-lag between CRM syncing with subscription
-problem with subscription: prorated rates within a month are not flexible; and adding 2nd tier subscriptions is complex and awkward
-cannot change change on 2nd tier subscriptions automatically
-updates to subscribers disappear to subscriber in 7 days and cannot be re-implemented by admin

Nisarg from LogiNext

Easy to use and helpful

Pros

- Provide automation
- Easy to integrate with our product
- Customer services are good

Cons

- Sometimes the system gets buggy
- All the options are not there which is in Zoho invoices
- Customer services are only via email, chat or direct phone lines are not that responsive

JOSEPH from Audit Advantage

Review of ZOHO Subscriptions

ZOHO subscriptions has been beneficial to our business by allowing us to receive our payments much faster than we previously were doing. it's like invoicing and bill collection all in one.

Pros

We like the ability to process all our payment and that is it integrated with ZOHO CRM. The various report that are available allow us to manage our business. We never received any training but have been able to navigate the software pretty good. They customer support does a good job answering our emails and phone calls fairly quickly.

Cons

We are not very happy at the time it takes to complete the process of clearing the ACH transactions. we know immediately whether we are funded but the invoices still show outstanding when they are not. so it makes it difficult to know what invoices are actually outstanding.

Taryn from Last Minute Wed

An excellent, automated software with great customer service

Pros

It's automated and super customizable. Any questions are always answered promptly by the customer service team

Cons

There are so many customization options that it can get complicated to do very simple tasks unless you know where to look

Sergio from Staylisted

Zoho Subscriptions is great

Zoho has made it simple for my to bill my customers. Overall I give them a 10 out of 10.

Pros

It's very simple to use. I've used other subscription softwares and Zoho beats them hands down.

Cons

I would like to see Zoho create more options for reporting.

Adam from PDmB

Easy to navigate and gets the job done

Pros

The program provides a lot of value for what you pay. Setup with straight forward it's easy to use on a day to day basis.

Cons

There are times where making changes/updates is more difficult then it should be which can be frustrating.

Gary from LeadChat

Great value!

It's been great!

Pros

Was much better than Chargify or Recurly, as there was no % taken from the subcription.

Cons

The fact you couldn't embed/create your own hosted pages using Zoho Subs without a long form

August from International Online Services, Inc.

Highly Recommend!

Pros

The software is easy to setup and has a great deal of customization options to suite any business.

Cons

I have had no bad experiences, so I can offer no cons to the Zoho products we use.

subscriptions

been great.

Pros

I like the ease of use and integration with Books and Paypal

Cons

I don't like that you can not export the client information including their cc numbers if you want to.

Evan from Invomax

Pros

Easy recharge, integrations, automation, and communication

Cons

glitches in the system that do not apply payments correctly or do not allow the customers to pay via forte

Steve from Zed-Systems

Great solution for managing software subscriptions

Great it has made managing complex subscriptions systems much easier and hassle free.

Katryn from Green Drop Garage

Mostly Satisfied

Pros

I appreciate multiple integration capabilities.

Cons

Having to purchase different packages of features that should already be included