• Pros

• "Great user interface. Reliable. Excellent customer service. Consistent updates making the product even better & adding new features (without charging you more for them)."

• "Zola Suite has been super easy to use. Although they provided an onboarding specialist to walk me through the product, I didn't need the help. The product is very intuitive."

• "It’s ease of use. The software is simple and easy to use. "

• Cons

• "There are frequent updates to roll out new features. Although this is a good thing, things changing frequently in the software can sometimes slow down processing time. "

• "Email can have glitches at times but the Zola team is constantly updating, fixing bugs and adding new features. "

• "Some bugs here and there, but we understand that Zola is constantly being developed. Miss a few features from TimeMatters, like being able to cross-relate files and contacts."

Browse Zola Suite Accounting Reviews

Kit from Justice Legal Team, PLLLP

Best overall in case management software, but has minor UI annoyances

After using Clio, MyCase, and PracticePanther at various points in my career (and testing CosmoLex and RocketMatters most recently when opening a new firm), none of the CMS programs on the market have come close to ZolaSuite's comprehensive functionality. Having the ability to do not just case management and billing, but complete firm accounting/reconciliation is a godsend. The integrated CRM in the Enterprise Plus tier is fantastic - no need to have an outside CRM that may or may not fully integrate with your CMS. The email feature is the clencher - having an actual, FULL email inbox that syncs with Gsuite email makes keeping case-related correspondence a snap.

Pros

Robust program that covers everything from case management to client lead intake to comprehensive firm accounting. Easy to use and navigate for the most part. Integrated CRM and FULL accounting of all operating and trust accounts with triple reconciliation keeps the entire process streamlined and accessible without having to utilize a dozen different programs and hoping nothing falls through the cracks.

Cons

Has minor UI issues that can be annoying, particularly the inability to active a full subscription without going through a multi-step process involving both the sales department and support team at Zola. This should be a "click here, pick your plan, enter your payment method" process with no need to have it "activated" by the company before being able to use it. That being said, there are some additional features that I would love to see Zola add/integrate/improve ASAP (which I am sending to Zola as suggestions for future improvements). If these features were incorporated, ZolaSuite would certainly be a category killer and rapidly take over the entire market, but they are not "dealbreaker" items as far as I'm concerned for overall ratings.

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite Accounting

After using Clio, MyCase, and PracticePanther at various points in my career (and testing CosmoLex and RocketMatters most recently when opening a new firm), none of the CMS programs on the market have come close to ZolaSuite's comprehensive functionality. Having the ability to do not just case management and billing, but complete firm accounting/reconciliation is a godsend. The integrated CRM in the Enterprise Plus tier is fantastic - no need to have an outside CRM that may or may not fully integrate with your CMS. The email feature is the clencher - having an actual, FULL email inbox that syncs wtih Gsuite email makes keeping case-related correspondence a snap.

Vince from Law Offices of Vince G. Portlock

Former (long time) Clio User Converting to Zola Suite

I have been a Clio user for approximately 8 years. I have gone to all but two of the cloud conferences. I think it is a good product. However, Zola Suite does three things better (for me- a sole practitioner) and that is: 1. Better email management; 2. Better dashboard for seeing my practice at a glance, and 3- Managing and utilizing Intake forms and Custom matter fields for quick input and access to matter details and using those details to create merge documents. Clio is good, but for me, Zola Suite is better.

Pros

First and foremost is the email system. All emails (both incoming and sent) are easily attached to the file with a click of the mouse. it is also very easy to attach a file document (a Z-doc) to an outgoing email or to download an email attachment directly to the file. Using the Intake forms (both shared and internal) are handy ways to have the quick information (critical dates, expenses, etc) at your fingertips. Finally, the dashboard is what I need to run my practice. It has the incoming emails, the tasks and the calendar. Clio's dashboard is 70% billing statistics. I concede that is useful information, but my home screen should be my day at hand and that is what I get with Zola Suite. Using the Matter-Specific Custom fields allow me to quickly (almost effortlessly) insert key data into a matter. Those fields are then easily incorporated into merge forms. The process in Clio (where you have to open to the fields and then search for them is time-consuming. (I use a lot of fields and create a lot of merge forms so having the ability to insert the field data quickly and easily is a big plus).

Cons

The inability to connect with services like Zapier. I have a love-hate relationship with Clio and Zapier. I enjoyed linking Google forms and Smartsheet and Clio. I miss having that ability. I am also having challenges utilizing virtual assistants with the system. However, I am getting used to, and preferring using just one system.

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite Accounting

Email management. Document management. Intake forms and Matter fields.

From TimeMatters to Zola Suite

For over twenty years I have used TimeMatters to run by law firm, for both practice management and for billing. Recently, I switched to Zola Suite and couldn’t be happier with my decision. My main reason for switching, was to move my law firm from a local server to the cloud, and wanted a program that was matter based like TimeMatters, and processed email in the same manner as TimeMatters. ZolaSuite does both exceptionally well. ZolaSuite also helped migrate all of my data over, and worked to make sure everything was perfect. Lastly, the customer support and training has been beyond my expectations, with their quick responses and help. Overall a great product and only I wish I would have made the switch sooner.

Pros

Access from the Cloud Easy to Use iOs App Great customer support Easy migration of data from TimeMatters to Zola Suite

Cons

none - I like everything about the software so far

Better email integration

Catherine from Blackburn Law Firm, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

I am sorry to say that this company cannot deliver the product it promised.

I am afraid that I wasted money on this software. It promised a number of very useful features and was easy to use. However, after 6 months, the ability to manage emails was ruined by a bug that prevented me from deleting emails from my Inbox. This makes the software unusable - I cannot have emails piling up in my Inbox. Since the company is unable to correct the problem, I must move on to the different product.

Pros

The interface is attractive and intuitive. The features would be excellent if they worked. The invoicing system is easy to use, and the program promises a number of useful attributes.

Cons

Unfortunately, this product does not work and the company cannot fix it. While using the software for 6 months, we encountered several glitches. Until recently, we could live with those glitches. However, the software now refuses to delete emails from my Inbox and the company cannot correct this problem. The problem is severe - I cannot have emails piling up in my Inbox forever - and forces me to get rid of the program even though I prepaid for three annual licenses. In addition, the calendar sync with Outlook does not work at all (even though the company claims it syncs with Outlook) and it does not sync contacts with Outlook. The company has been unable to deliver the upgrades and improvements that it promised.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied February 2018

We're very sorry for the frustrations you've encountered. I'm personally going to see to it that we pull out all stops to address the issues you're encountering. Fred Cohen, CEO

Mandi from Three Thirteen Law, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Takes some getting used to, but overall a good product

I had some difficulty with the onboarding as there was a lot of confusion as to who was doing what, but once we got through that it has been pretty smooth sailing. There are certainly some things I would like to change.

Pros

The email integration works with Gmail, not just outlook. It's visually appealing to me too, and the price is reasonable.

Cons

There are too many required fields in time entry and the dashboard is not customizable. Also, sometimes there is a lag in the email integration functions so replying to or saving an email takes longer than it should.

Jack from Law Office of Jack Shelton

Pros

Cons

There isn't anything that I don't like about the platform. But if I have to include something, I wish the Zola email offering would allow opened emails to pop out in a separate window or tab, making it easier to copy/paste content from other emails or search other emails for content while the one email is open. Not at all a big deal though, and it's easy to work around.

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite Accounting

It was easy to use, the client portal worked very easily, and it has a great CRM.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied September 2019

Hi Jack! Thank you so much for your review. In regards to email, you can open it in a new window or tab by clicking on the icon that has an arrow pointing towards the top-right direction. You can also double-click inbound emails to open in a new window.

Steven from Steven P. Gruenberg, Attorney at Law

Great Product for Solo

My overall experience has been very satisfactory. Customer service is excellent. When I have a question, I just type it into the help section and I receive either a phone call or email very promptly. As a solo, this product is amazing and does so much. The ability to do accounting and generate basic reports, which is all that I need, is very convenient. There is so much more that it can do, and I learn something new every day.

Pros

Zola Suites has helped me to be able to capture the time sending emails and making phone calls that ordinarily would slip through the cracks. This product more than pays for itself

Cons

i wish that Contacts would automatically link to my contacts on my Iphone

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite Accounting

The ability to do accounting under the same subscription makes this product more cost effective.

Michael from Justice Unlocked, Inc.

Great now, but with room to grow even greater.

Pros

The website and app are easy to use, responsive and have a fairly logical layout. It's easy to search and find information, and data input is relatively simple. Our office doesn't use Zola as an all-in-one solution, but for the parts we use daily (which is still most of the features), we're very happy with the state of the software. Customer service has been incredibly responsive, and you really get the feel that they are willing to invest the time in problem solving. I also really feel like my input has been taken into account as product updates roll out. The mobile app has improved by leaps and bounds. It is in an excellent place, and very usable.

Cons

There are still a few bugs and features to fill in gaps as the software matures further, but nothing that prevents functionality. I've been with Zola for about 18 months; what would have been my biggest cons 6 months ago have since been addressed. The email interface requires the most work, but it too is nonetheless in a good state. Tagging emails to cases could be a little easier, and moving emails to different folders could be more responsive and update more quickly. I'd also quibble about needing to use multiple tabs to get full functionality out of the software (at minimum, Dashboard, Email, and Calendar all need to be semi-permanently open because it's not easy to switch between them otherwise); That's not a huge deal, just a minor annoyance. Last thing, and this is very minor: I'd love to see a style update through the whole website. It's not cluttered, which is great, but I don't feel like it has a very modern look.

Jeffrey from Johnson & Krol, LLC

Great Suite to Manage Law Practice

I'm amble to monitor my associates with ease. The problem, like everything else, was getting them to buy in. Once they did, everyone's life is much easier.

Pros

There is so much information that you can include within each matter, including contacting information, billable, documents, emails, etc., that makes it the only comprehensive choice that I would consider for law practice management.

Cons

I wish there was a dashboard that was developed for each matter that displayed everything in one comprehensive page, rather than having to visit multiple tabs.

Nick from Hameline and Eccleston

Industry: Law Practice

An extremely well crafted and deftly supported business suite

I think I've pretty well covered this in the previous questions, but Zola has really revolutionized and simplified how I do my work. I frequently have to work from home, and that always used to be a major hassle. Now, however, it is easy as can be.

Pros

Zola allows for complete control of any aspect of your business from absolutely anywhere. Provided, of course, that you have access to the internet. No more dragging files to and from locations, or being unable to check on work from home or vacation. A simple log in to the service, and you can be anywhere while still being aware and up to date.

Cons

There isn't much to say in terms of negative content that I personally have experienced. Any issues I can even remotely think of, such as site layout and template availability, for instance, have been deftly and quickly handled by the wonderful support staff.

August 2016

Antonio from Valiente Law, P.A.

August 2016

Great product which keeps getting better & customer service can't be beat

Zola Suite is an excellent product which delivers in every advertised aspect. You get exactly what they tell you you will get. And if you're unsure, you get a free trial of the product for 1 month to decide for yourself. In the 6+ months I've used Zola Suite I am continuously impressed by the features the product contains (and the list grows on a weekly basis by way of updates that happen in the background). When I began using Zola Suite there were lots of features that weren't necessary for me as a solo-practitioner who just started his own firm. However, now that I have a secretary and two paralegals, I see how helpful & useful all the functions are that several months ago I did not even see a need for. Zola is an excellent company, run by people with a true passion for the work they do and the product they are selling. The couple times I have had issues that necessitated my calling customer support, someone was always on the other end of the line right away, they addressed my concerns & if they couldn't, they assured me whatever issue would be brought up to the developers to come up with a fix ASAP. And in the few occasions I had an issue they couldn't immediately remedy, they lived to their promise that it was fixed within a couple days. The reason I so wholeheartedly endorse this product is because I spent a lot of time researching the best case/firm management software for my firm today as well as my firm as I see it 1, 5, and 10 years down the road. I demo'ed all the other options as I did Zola and in the end even though Zola wasn't the most feature packed, or didn't have the most 3rd party integration as some of the others had at that time, I knew from speaking to them that everything I needed would be coming, and when it came, it would be delivered in a better, easier to use, more seamless package than any of their competitors. And after close to 9 months with Zola, everything I was promised has been delivered and then some. If I could invest my own money into this company I would do so in a heartbeat.

Pros

Cons

Not every feature you want may be available today.

Joe from Breshears Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

Finally ... a forward-thinking, cutting edge solution combining full functionality and ease of use.

Pros

The email integration is a revelation. Not only does it allow me to organize all email by matter, the automatic timer that creates a time entry for every email pays for the subscription by itself. Document management and automation are both outstanding in Zola. The user interface is outstanding. Every screen is logically laid out, packed with all the information I want to see at a glance, and visually appealing (don't underestimate the value there - if it's irritating to look at, you won't want to use it). The integrated accounting solution is excellent, including the ability to write checks directly from Zola. Everything about Zola suggests that this solution combines the ability to cover all of the usual practice management bases (calendar, tasks, time entry, etc) with the vision to develop and incorporate new, innovative features that will set new industry standards and to rethink how the ordinary can be done more efficiently. The option of creating a custom-branded app for your practice is just one example of what sets Zola apart. Another is the email integration with R-Post, providing the ability to send encrypted, registered email that provides proof of delivery and receipt. Litigators will love that capability. I've tried all the industry leaders, and I have finally found a long-term solution.

Cons

The process of sending an invoice could be streamlined, enabling the entire creation and delivery of the invoice from one screen (it requires a trip to the accounting tab to finish), and a send button would be nice, rather than the small share icon. Still, once you learn it, the process works as is. The client portal is new and fairly basic (with the exception of the optional smart phone app), enabling only limited document sharing, and lacks the private messaging and other functions I have found in other providers. But I think it is only a matter of time before Zola fully develops this secure communication tool. Email integration has been a bit buggy, but so far tech support has resolved any issues that cropped up.

June 2016

S from Logik Legal LLC

June 2016

A case management system that truly works for solos.

Zola Suites is a comprehensive case management program that is constantly improving. Its affordable, easily accessible, loaded with guides and tutorials to help us slow and technologically challenged lawyers, and the customer service is top notch. As a solo practitioner it has been difficult to find a case management software company that truly cares about your practice and that is truly there to help you along the way. Zola does that to ensure you are getting the most out of its software to improve the efficiency and productivity of your practice. Your questions and concerns are immediately responded to and resolved, in a professional, nice and friendly manner. And Zola is constantly improving upon its features to grow with your practice and the legal industry. Though there are tons of legal case management programs on the market, Zola after only a little over a year since its inception, is one of the best.

Pros

The task template which allows me to create specific templates based upon my practice and how I work versus a generic input system.

Cons

I would like to see the task template updated to automatically populate a time schedule based upon the user's creation, in which of course the user should be able to revise it as needed for each entry. I would also like to see more customized billing. The current invoices are too generic. Lastly, document assembly and a document automation component is something Zola should consider as well.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied June 2016

Thanks for the review! Invoices can be customized to add as much (or as little) detail as you would like. Our support team will contact you to help you reconfigure your current template until you are 100% satisfied. Document assembly and automation features are in development and will be rolled out later this summer. Stay tuned, you won¿t be disappointed. We are also working on updating our task templates to add more features and will reach out to you to get your input.

A must have for every modern law office

Pros

All the features Zola has to offer far exceed my expectations. The fact that you can tie every aspect of your law office in one central location makes everything so much easy in day to day operations. Document storage, data base, billing, expense tracking, template creation and usage, email. Everything you need in one location at the touch of a button

Cons

Emailing has limits in that there is no delivery/read receipt. In this day of electronic filing and communication, these features are very important to a law office. The app has a significant amount of limits that make its use a bit frustrating for our attorneys as they can't utilize all the billing codes properly for our firm.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied March 2019

Thank you for your review! We're committed to your firm's success and we're so happy to hear that we've exceeded your expectations. We do offer advanced proof of (email) delivery via an exclusive integration with RMail. We'd be happy to walk you through the process of sending one of these messages. As with the other features in Zola Suite, it's designed with the user in mind and you can do it all right through your dashboard ¿ no third party logins required! We'd love to learn a bit more about the issues you've encountered with billing codes. Our main goal is to help you run a more efficient practice, so please contact us at your earliest convenience.

James from James McMahon, Attorney & Counselor at Law

A comprehensive system that meets all of my practice management needs

Pros

The RPost (e-mail encryption and e-signatures) and LawPay integrations, along with all of Zola Suite's inherent features (case management, custom forms, document automation, document management, excellent time tracking, client portal, business and trust accounting, etc.) provide a seamless and paperless process from client intake and e-signature of the engagement letter to getting the work done to billing and receipt of payment. And, I don't have to worry about learning how to use another piece of software to manage my firm's books and trust account. The iOS app is fantastic and allows me to practice from any location where internet or cellular service is available. The system is easy to use and quite intuitive. Zola's knowledge base website and tutorial videos fill in any gaps on learning a few of the features that are less intuitive. Customer service has been very responsive on the two occasions I have contacted them. Overall, the more that I use Zola Suite, the more convinced I become about the wisdom of going with them for my law practice management system.

Cons

At one point, the e-mail integration was a bit buggy, and the merging of data from custom form fields for the document automation feature did not work as advertised on the training video. Fortunately, both of those issues have been resolved and have worked well since then.

Andrew from L&S Counselors

Practice management that understands that this is a business I'm running

Pros

The two big things that Zola gets right are the accounting component and work flow for billing. Before trying Zola, I tried manual spreadsheets, FreshBooks, Harvest, CaseOne, Clio, Xero, ebility, and probably some others. None of them got out of the way and let me run a business like Zola does. Yes, they assume that I have a dedicated office manager, but even when I do, why would I want to do that to them? Clio is close, because it understands the way that legal cases files flow, and if Clio were starting now, I think they would handle matters and clients like Zola Suite does. The alternatives I spend the most time with, Clio and Xero, are married to their cloud integration such that it seems that they can't add really obvious features because they would cannibalize (aka "Sherlock") their partners. Zola is a better platform because other sites that relay on integrations to other apps mean they have one-way sync and one-way is stupid for billing because I need it to be in one place not two.

Cons

There are some user interface things that I think will improve in the coming year. (For example, I don't use Zola for email, the fact that it is front and center doesn't help me, but that is not something I have to work around.) They publish their roadmap so I know that the platform is going to develop.

Cindy from Cindy Blandon law firm P.A.

Best practice management!!

Pros

I love many features from Zola suite. Matter section is perfect. Calendar is good, too. Client intake forms a must.

Cons

Nothing! It is a perfect practice management.

Really easy to use.

Ramey from The Ko Law Firm, PLLC

Overall, very pleased with the software, generally easy to use, really enjoy working with the compan

Handles most of the tasks of law firm administration and management with ease. Really makes life and running a law office simpler, particularly for a solo or small firm with little to no staff.

Pros

The responsiveness of tech support and customer service to not only troubleshooting problems, but suggested features and improvements, is absolutely top notch. That alone is enough to really recommend Zola.

Cons

Sometimes, the workflow can be a bit awkward, as some features are less intuitive or require more steps. Links that you would expect to be there are sometimes missing (for example, there is no way to click on the Matter on the Task item to go to the Matter page). For the most part, though, these things are often fixed in updates, and the usability continues to be refined so that clunkier parts of the site get better over time.

Kelly from Red Hill Law Group

Industry: Law Practice

I have used almost every legal software available. Zola is by far the most user friendly!

Time keeping is the biggest!

Pros

Zola customer service is prompt and very helpful. The software is user friendly and easy to navigate through. Time keeping and invoicing is very simple. We used to miss a lot of billable time not logging all emails, but with Zola once you open your email and select a matter the timer begins and is added to your matter time sheet when you click send! Zola seems to be updating their software often and offers new helpful features.

Cons

Caseway can use some work. Our clients find it difficult to set up their Caseway accounts. But it is constantly being improved with updates. The other, (although a minor issue) it would be nice to open attachments to view before downloading or saving to Zola docs.

Maryann from Jones MCGlasson & Arter

Practice Management, Accounting and Email/Calendar Functions all in one

We are solving the problem of too many programs to keep track of and the ease of use. Our issues are that there are only two forms of interaction with the program of administrator and user. We need an in-between level of some administration functions with the attorneys but not all the accounting information available to them.

Pros

Ease of Use and the combination of all of the functions of practice management, accounting and planning all in one program

Cons

Training is too much too soon. There needs to be an initial short training followed up in 30-60 days to do a more detailed training when everyone has used the program and can understand the program and ask meaningful questions

Ashley from George R. Tilschner Law Firm, P.C.

A great change!

We had been using antiquated practice management software that no longer had any support available, so it was time to make a change. We really appreciated ZolaSuite's attentive nature in helping our firm transition over to the new system, and really love how quickly the support staff gets back to us. We have had the pleasure of watching Zola grow and develop over the past year, and we would never go back to the old system. Being able to have access to our case management system from anywhere, without using a VPN, is so helpful and efficient. There are sooo many great features on Zola that we never had before and it has really helped our firm grow as well!

Pros

All the neat features that really help with my workflow

Eric from Attorney Eric P. DiMarzio, Esq

The software is very intuitive making the transition from other software a snap

Pros

This software loads fast and is streamlined and instinctive. I am a former abacus user. It took me less than an hour to learn and master tasks in zolasuite that it took me months to figure out on abacus. In addition, the mobile app is huge if you are on the road. Even something as simple as being able to immediately create a timeslip for a phonecall you may have had with a client while waiting during a court recess is huge. It monetizes something you may as soon forget about when you return to the office. This means zolasuite could very well pay for itself based upon revenue you dont lose.

Cons

The migration from abacus was an issue. It occurred two weeks ago and what notes that are there are scrambled and attached to cases thet don't belong to. It may be worthwhile to handle this yourself.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied February 2018

Eric, thank you so much for this very thorough (and flattering) review. Regarding migration of your Notes, I'm very sorry we missed the mark on that; we actually pride ourselves in performing highly accurate and thorough migrations. I'm reaching out to you personally to make sure we get it right asap. Fred Cohen, CEO

Billie from Billie R. Morelli, PLLC

This is the most comprehensive Legal CMS in it's price range, by far!

Pros

The interface is intuitive so I can easily teach myself as I go. I like that almost every option is customizable to look and feel the way I want it to - without having jump through a zillion special hoops for the customization process. Just a click or two and I'm done.

Cons

Hmmmm, not much, really. There's a glitch with the google calendar sync where it duplicates entries too many times. But I'd rather it tell me twice than not at all! (I think this glitch is fixed now, anyway).

Jannine from Mutterer Law Firm, LLC

All in one practice management software

Very responsive. Love the software.

Pros

Everything you need to run your practice on 1 platform. Integrated email allow one less software program and saving communications directly to client file.

John from Law Office of J. Curtis Brown

Law Office of J. Curtis Brown, LLC

I think the overall time that is saved by using Zola Suite is amazing. It streamlines most processes and you are able to capture time and do accounting for the firm all in one software.

Pros

I like the ability to have both a place to record time and calendar events with the ability to have the accounting piece included.

Cons

The thing i like the least is having to record a time entry and then check that a task has been completed. If it were all in one process it would be less time consuming.

-Edward from Radetic Law Firm

Good Product -- would subscribe agan

Saves me about 3 hours a month on billing and other administrative tasks.

Pros

I like the ability that this product gives me to blend different types of billing methods within the same client. I have been searching for a product that would allow both hourly and flat fee billing by matter and not client.

Cons

Still trying to get my hands around the accounting module. Not sure if I am better to wait for full Quick Books integration to start using that functionality. Need to have some method for accounting for expense disbursement which does not require the entry of a check.

Camila from Law Offices of Jorge Rodriguez-Choi

Industry: Law Practice

It has been an easy, yet not smooth, transition to Zola Suite from Practice Panther.

Pros

I like how fast the search engine pulls up names of contacts and matters. The functionality of the search engine works really well for our purposes, especially when we need to search a phone number or e-mail address, or any identifying information other than a name. The easy access to time entries is also very useful as a office manager. I also appreciate how readily accessible communications, notes, events, tasks, documents, invoices, and expenses are in the client matter.

Cons

We had hoped to change our template software but this was not possible because the fields merged by Zola aren't of any use to us in our firm. I would also like to be able to click on a matter name anywhere in the program and be sent directly to the matter page. Additionally, I would like to be able to link events, tasks, and e-mails to closed matters without having to re-open and close them every time.

Love this software

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is being able to access every case and document from anywhere. I also love the way that emails can be attached to cases eliminating the need to search through emails every time I have to go back.

Cons

The only negative thing I have to say about this software is that I wish you could save attachments directly through Outlook. I find navigating outlook easier that the email associated with Zola and it would be nice to be able to save it directly into a file rather than saving it onto my desktop first.

Randall from Randall V. Coffill, Esq.

Zola suite for single practitoner

Had it for a year. Building a great client contact list. Providing tasks to the office on the go is very functional

Pros

Calendar / task / mobile app really work well access by principal & staff — exchanging between staff works well

Cons

Financial component is weakest part — ended up getting a simple program for trust accounting. Just didn’t integrate the billing component— felt other programs did it better

lorienne from cohen, llc

User friendly system

Pros

What I like most about Zola is the easy access to email on the front screen. I also like how you can enter events into the calendar from the email.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the difficulty of creating templates. I signed up for training on how to use templates but it wasn't much help.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your review of Zola Suite. We're glad Zola Suite is helping streamline emails and calendaring. Depending on your requirements there are a number of ways that document templates can be set up. We're going to reach out to you so that we can set up a few together via screen share.

Scott from Berry Law Offices

We have been impressed with ZolaSuite after switching from using Amicus Attorney for over 10 years.

Pros

The document management integration and email integration are extremely useful to allow our team to work remotely whether from home or court. I have also been extremely impressed by Zola's customer support as well as the constant innovations.

Cons

I wish Zola had a separate tab for phone messages and the ability to add multiple team members to events. Zola also limits the number of timers a team member can have up at a time to 5. This creates a problem if a person is working between more than five cases.

Crystal from Irvin Law, PLLC

Excellent Service

Zola has made my job as a paralegal simple. I can store everything on the website.

Pros

It’s ease of use. The software is simple and easy to use.

Cons

It signs you out after a certain period of inactivity.

Sonya from Law Offices of Sonya J. Butts

An all inclusive package at a great value

Pros

Choosing ZolaSuite was quite the process for me, but in the end I went with ZolaSuite because of the integrated email and the fact that the accounting software is included. The integration with Outlook (email and calendar) has worked out very well. I also found the software to be fairly intuitive. Customer Service has been very responsive when I've needed to contact them (usually less than 12 hrs definitely within 24). I do a number of pro bono cases and like that I can track the time and create invoices showing the time without a charge by simply checking a box.

Cons

The only thing that has been disappointing to me about the software is that due dates cannot be assigned to subtasks in the task templates, only to the completion of the task as a whole.

Jeffrey from Janssen Law, PLC

Very user friendly

Pros

Ease of use, everything is all in one spot, great features, incorporates with my other software (i.e. - LawPay)

Edward from Welch Law, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use software that easily integrated my e-mail and calendar making billing and storing easy.

Pros

Intuitive interface; easily syncs with G Suite. I took a demo of all of the top practice management programs and ended up going with Zola. I found the software is the easiest to use and worked well with how I like to organize my files. Honestly, cannot say enough great things about my experience thus far.

Cons

I have only been using Zola for a short period of time and have not experienced any cons. If I had to select a Con, it would be the lack of form templates.

Response from Zola Suite

Replied January 2018

Thank you for your fantastic review of Zola Suite, Edward. We want to make sure that you're aware that Zola Suite has document automation features and we provide unlimited complimentary training on how to use the form builder. We also will configure up to 3 routine documents for annual accounts. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team for more information.

Michael R. from Morris & Morris, P.A.

Easy to use, comprehensive case management software

Greatly simplified my workflow- able to most of the practice-management tasks in one place and access it from anywhere I have an Internet connection.

Pros

Integrated e-mail. So far as I know, this is the only web-based case management software that natively handles e-mail. With other programs, you have to BCC e-mails to a special address to save them in relationship to a matter. With Zola, you simply choose from a drop-down menu. Help is fantastic, both in the sense of solving particular problems and modifying the program as needs become apparent.

Cons

The basic accounting functions are present, but are the weakest part of the program. This is not going to be a replacement for a full-fledged accounting program like Quickbooks, but is adequate to the task of running small to medium firms.

Therese from The Law Office of Therese Connors Ebarb

Awesome program

I started a private practice and needed an all inclusive law practice management program. Zola Suite has exceeded my expectations and has allowed me to be organized, detailed and profitable. I highly recommend Zola suite to anyone...I only wish they had a program for my family's personal business as well.

Pros

The easy access

Cons

None

David from Arnold A. Arpino & Assoc. PC

Industry: Law Practice

Updated Review

Very happy with my experience with Zola Suite. I needed to use support to help set up my email integration with the platform, they responded very quickly by scheduling a meeting I was able to put in my outlook. When I needed to reschedule because something unforeseen came up, they followed up immediately with new dates for training.

Pros

Setting tasks, deadline tracking and calendar management are a big positive.

Cons

I love this software the more I use it.

Zachary from Law Office of Zachary Lynn

Zola was the answer I was looking for - big firm software functionality at a reasonable price.

Zola provides seamless integration with my existing Google Calendar and Gmail. The calendar and task management functions are robust with reminder options via Email or SMS. Zola provides big firm software functionality at an extremely competitive rate.

Pros

The seamless integration with Gmail and Google Calendar sets Zola above the competition. For anyone who currently relies on Gmail and Google Calendar Zola is a no-brainer. The calendaring features and task management tools are robust and the reminder options for SMS and Email put Zola over the top.

Cons

The e-mail association function appears to be manual only (no automatic filters/tagging option for incoming email) so the manual sorting of e-mails to associate them with files can be time consuming.

Scott from Law Office of Stephen Silverberg

User Experience

The program overall is very good. Sleek, easy to use, and the cloud aspects are great. But there are some bugs here and there and areas for improvement. There are a lot of little changes which can be made that would be a great improvement.

Pros

Sleek, easy to use, not too complicated.

Cons

Small bugs, some features/aspects were removed, new product that can use some changes.

Kevin from Fairlie Law, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

I have a very positive opinion of Zola Suite. It has helped me manage my new firm quite well.

Pros

I find it easy to use and self explanatory. The biggest benefit has been the ease of tracking my time and easily generating client invoices.

Cons

It's not unusual for the site to freeze on me or to run slow. I've had times where I lost an email I drafted because the system locked up and I ended up starting from scratch without it saving a draft of the email.

Kasondra from Smith Law Firm (Ward Law Firm)

Great customer service

We absolutely love the customer service. Any time we have an issue or notice a function that we wish Zola had they immediately take care of it and even add the functions we prefer.

Pros

We researched what program to switch to for a long time before we decided on Zola. It has all the functions in one place that we require for our law firm.

Cons

We have not used the email section a lot.

May 2016

Bryan from Cass Ramos Law Firm

May 2016

This is QUALITY

I have tried virtually every case management software in a search to find one that suits my small law firm's needs. Zola Suite was the last on my list and I won't be trying any others. Zola Suite has everything I need - accounting, tracking for billable hours, compact and sleek storage for the firm's contacts, and an intuitive matter management system. It has a pretty great internal email too that syncs with my gmail and allows me to save emails to cases. Basically, it's beautiful and it saves time. It's great. Of course, it's not perfect - nothing ever is. But the difference with Zola is it's customer service. The software can be improved, of course, and Zola understands this. That's why Zola encourages its users to submit comments and suggestions regarding the software - so that they can actively make it better. And they most certainly do. The customer service is incredible. These guys really care about their users and they definitely strive to make mine and our experience a great one. I strongly recommend Zola to everyone in need of a case management software. Trust me, once you try it, you'll be wondering how you could ever work without it.

Catherine from Blackburn Law Firm, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

I love this software, and I am picky.

Intuitive software to manage my cases, calendar, contacts, and tasks.

Pros

It is fast, intuitive, and easy to use. No kidding - you don't have to watch hours of training videos to use it. This system is obviously designed by lawyers for lawyers. It handles all the essential functions of a modern law office, including emails with an easy interface.

Cons

Company support is required to embed logos into invoices and signatures into emails. Support is very responsive, so this is not a significant issue. The system is just adding two-way synchronization between Zola and Outlook for calendar and contacts. The synchronization for emails works very well, so I expect the calendar and contact sync will work equally well.

Norma from Ortiz & Ortiz LLP

Very happy, after trying Clio and Smokeball

Sometimes the email use is clunky, because it works off of our Outlook account. You still have to have email from an email provider.

Pros

Ease of use. The killer feature: ability to work from email. Emails can be converted to calendar events or tasks with the click of a button. Emails can be saved to cases. Accounting and billing integrated into app.

Nicholas from Curcio, Mirzaian, Sirot LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Very easy to learn how to use. Customer Service is very helpful.

This software has helped ease me into the workings of this company as I am a new employee myself. Furthermore, as it is a works-in-progress, and a learning experience for everyone here, it encourages us to work together to work out any issues that may arise in implementing this software.

Pros

Timekeeping, remote access, ease of file searches, organization are four of the few many aspects of this software that allows us to continue our day-to-day operations with much efficiency and success.

Cons

The only con is that all documents have not yet been rolled over on to the software, however, this is a new program, and from my understanding, this feature will be available shortly. Once they are accessible, it will speed up productivity tenfold!

Susan from McLaughlin Legal and Consulting

Great system!

Greater efficiency

Pros

I love that this is an all-in-one system. After having my billing all twisted up by trying to integrate a case management system with a billing system, I'm excited to have one place to go for everything. Also, the email integration makes tracking time and tasks seamless. The interface is beautiful and easy to use and I can see my entire practice in one snapshot.

Cons

There's a bit of a delay with the email and that's a little annoying. That's the reason fro the 4 stars instead of 5. I'll be moving quickly through my email and suddenly emails that I deleted pop back up again. Also, I'm eager for the live calendar integration and the bank feed.

Jay from Trask Daigneault, LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Does not function as advertised

I have not had a good experience with Zola. Their customer service is prompt, but is largely geared toward making any issue presented the fault of the user. While that certainly occurs sometimes, that is the customer service team's default setting.

Pros

The time-keeping function and the ability to contemporaneously track time from multiple pages.

Cons

Everything else. The software does not function even close to the way it was advertised to my firm. It is glitchy, unreliable, and requires updates to do things we were told it did from the start. The "dual sync" email and calendar features do not function properly, nor does the recurring task function. IF the software did what it said it did when it was sold to us, I'd be happy....but it doesn't. In short, the software has damaged my practice because it cannot be trusted and because it is not the product we were sold.

Reasons for Choosing Zola Suite Accounting

Because it had/has a fully integrated accounting feature.

Chris from Sevick Law PLLC

Smart, Efficient, Focused

Pros

Software is well designed and organized, allowing opening of a separate window for email so you can still draft email and view matters/calendar while working on the details of such in the email. Having the accounting "internal" for both trust & non trust accounts is a great help in not needing to use Quickbooks, then re-enter/log the checks, costs, details.

Cons

Would like to see a link from the Task to open a new Phone Call so I can take the "message" from task and in click or two have the Phone call option open, so I can assign to a matter & the timer starts for my call. Would save a few steps in cut/paste on returning calls.

Lucas from Johnson & Krol

Zola Suite is a "Sweet" Program to use

I have realized great benefits. I find myself more organized.

Pros

All the functions it features, including tasks, emails, obviously billing, and other features like the notes and communications tabs

Cons

The email function is slow to load. I wish it were easier to save emails from Outlook to Zola.