• Pros

• "Love the video tutorials and there are so many great and powerful features in the design side"

• "Ease of use and functionality. Good customer service and support. "

• "Very user friendly. Very easy to do updates. .Great help from Caspio support team "

• Cons

• "In the beginning the software was a bit quirky, and the speed sometimes was slow, but these issues were ultimately resolved."

• "Options for style and GUI. They are too plain (even they look professional) and simple, not bad but not so fancy. This is the comment from users. However, it's customizable but required extra work."

• "It would be nice to have more some more control over time scheduled tasks but overall the solution is comprehensive and great to innovate new ideas within our business. "

Browse Caspio Reviews

Daniel from Heritage Lifecare

High Feature Low-Code SAS

After trialing a large number of low-code software, this option was a clear winner due to the customizability of apps and compatibility with wordpress.

Pros

Fully featured software. Rock-solid infrastructure. There is few things that we have found can't be done with capsio. Any additional features can be custom developed. Unlimited users, unlimited tables. Dataviews can be purchased cheaply. Specialists also provide very helpful 24/7 live chat support.

Cons

Storing 10,000+ of photos inside the apps can become a bit expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Features, security, reliability, industry leadership.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

Improve security & functionality.

Easy App Deployment; Very low code; Lots of functions

Overall Caspio is an inexpensive way to publish your apps. If you have an idea but don't have enough coding experience, or if your team is small, this is an excellent service. If you are an advance web developer or if you need an app that does some advanced operations, this servive will not fit your needs.

Pros

Caspio is an excellent app deployment tool. Period. We had the "mid tier" level, so base your expectation accordingly. Caspio hosts your databases, your user authentication, your web deployments, and hosts all your actions. It's very low code involvement, so if you have an idea for an app, you get it up and running in 15 minutes. Their customer support is quite helpful and they will back to you, but again, we did have a mid-tier plan.

Cons

While low code involvement is good for quick deployment, it's limitation is lack of flexibility on your own customization. While Caspio let's you customize some of the "look and feel" of your app, advanced operations/visuals are not easy to do and when you can do them, they are clunky.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

We used Access and SQL server for some deployments, but we needed to update the service.

Craig

Great potential, but stay away if you're not an enterprise client

Pros

- Basic database builder tools have more built-in options than similar software, so it's easier and faster to build more complex setups - If you don't know code, the interface and logic is very close to MS Excel, so the learning curve isn't too bad - Easy to embed and publish applications - Has an unlimited app user model (though not administrators), which is superior to other database app builders that limit user capabilities and charge based on users. This is ideal for customer-facing applications where users need to be able to more advanced functions outside of simply viewing. - Offer a free plan that is fairly well featured, though would only be useful for internal or personal apps

Cons

- Pricing structure is highly frustrating for a small business user or team. Basic paid plans have no access to APIs, Zapier, or automation/importing, which is high for the base plan compared to similar apps. To get those features, the next level jumps over 4x higher. - "Datapages" allotted for each plan (which is the foundation of the app) are misleading since similar competitors use an allowed number of "apps". Some basic applications in Caspio need 10-20 data pages, but the basic plan only allows 5. Ultimately a large amount of time was spent figuring out how to cut out pages and combine features, killing user experience. - Had a bad experience with customer support (sales) when I accidentally deleted an entire table. Was informed that as a basic/free trial user they would have to charge me to get the table back, even though it existed. And days saved was only a few, so had to quickly decide. They were not sympathetic to my plight even as I was in the evaluation stage. - If you're a major enterprise with a large budget and some programmers, Caspio may be an ideal solution. If you're a small business, be very careful when evaluating and I'd recommend looking elsewhere. The subscription models and definitions are confusing and you may find yourself with an app built during the free trial and realizing you can't possibly afford to launch it.

Karen from self-employed

Caspio is a robust, affordable option for organizations without in-house IT!

A software developer for over 20 years, I help small to medium-sized organizations, mostly nonprofits, find affordable software that supports their business processes. I found Caspio when I was searching the marketplace for a low-code platform that could be used to build a type of software that does not exist in the marketplace and it allowed an organization to build their dream application in a matter of months....custom software at an off-the-shelf price! I have been impressed with all the options available as well as the excellent online documentation and customer service of the Caspio support team.

Pros

I think Caspio is incredibly easy to learn and use and it allows non-technical professionals to quickly establish a data-centric web-based application without needing to know Python, Java, or another programming language. I have been a software developer for 20 years, so for me the tool takes even less time -- and functions like triggered notifications and tasks allow me to add "behind-the-scenes magic" so one process can trigger dependent processes in a seamless way. I also love the support team's helpful and responsive attitude.

Cons

Truly my only complaint is not a bad thing, just a choice -- I wish I did not have to wrap all the Caspio code in separate HTML, mostly b/c I do not think it is as easy to teach to non-technical people. Most of the organizations I work with need help getting everything set up and launched but then can largely be trained to maintain and extend their Caspio app...and while HTML and CSS are not complicated, they are not as predictably explainable as the tables and datapage interfaces.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Cost and ease of maintenance -- I am helping organizations build software which they maintain, despite not having programmers on staff. This primarily works not only due to the high quality product but the pricing model. The fact that Caspio is priced by datapage and functionality and not user seats keeps the ongoing cost low, making it affordable for smaller organizations.

Ben from HOTSHOT 107

Best Database Software on the Market

We build ALL of our financial reports, safety & compliance reports, staffing reports, and more... We have an easy to use platform and we have moved up through various stages of use as we figured out more ways it could help our business. Now, we are POWER USERS with the full, unlimited package. We LOVE the software

Pros

I love Caspio because it is so easy to use. I work frequently with much larger companies, and they gush when they see how much power we have to manage our data with the Caspio platform!

Cons

I really don't have any real negatives. I love the ease of use, the customization, the data mining, and preset reporting.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Just liked the overall value and ease of use. We are very VERY happy with Caspio!

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

We just fell in love with the ease of use and the overall value provided by Caspio

Antonio from easyCRM

Testing Caspio on a client project

Unfortunately we are tied up in the app we created, but we are looking for moving away asap.

Pros

We started using Caspio a bit in hurry, developing a solution for a client over an already established budget. What we really do not like about Caspio is the lack of documentation that made our developer spending hours to understand its logic. On top of that several bugs that they didn't recognise took us in waste lot of time.

Cons

But ok, bugs is for everyone, what really is unacceptable is the total lack of support and collaboration. Not only they ask 250$ per hour to give you support, but every small thing that goes out of the plan they charge you inevitably. if you ask for some small difference they ask you to subscribe the next plan at 3 times the price. Then if you ask to negotiate they are not available. Once you are tied up with them they not only deliver less value, but they are rigid and unavailable to collaborate.

Probably wrong, decision?

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

Ninox couldn't support the amount of data and traffic required for this project

GAIL from NATIONAL GARDEN BUREAU

Professional, High Quality, Easy to Use

Pros

I am not a programmer and I find Caspio easy to use and the programs really are a time saver when used with my website. I really appreciate the help that is given to me for any question I might have (small or large)

Cons

There are so many options on what to use that I am sure I am not utilizing it to our full service

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

Caspio was more cost effective and easier to use

Julie from Wildcat Technologies, LLC

Industry: Oil & Energy

Create custom applications with ease

Wonderful! I was contacted by technical team and they offer to help you build your custom app. I prefer to be more hands on and enjoyed going through the various tutorial videos to learn how to use it and get more ideas for our custom application. I have some experience with databases and love that it had similarities to design features & concepts similar to Access and using SQL statements. Its amazing how much of your app you can configure with just a data page. At first I was really impressed with price per data page but as I learn in different video tutorials, a real robust application will take you to the mid/highest price tier.

Pros

Cons

Not sure about integrating with other systems yet (accounting) and using on mobile devices

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Kintone has some different features but overall seems very similar. Caspio seems more straight forward to learn and utilize and has a good flow to design. Quick base is quite expensive.

Gene from Insight RCM

Very Positive Experience

Very good value and professional team. Would highly recommend.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are awesome! The biggest issue when working with developers is their being able to understand your vision. I was pleasantly surprised that they translated my descriptions of what I needed/wanted into a organized vision then a working system. They have patience and what would have taken months with other organizations took weeks.

Cons

I loved the product so sales was a bit too much (we can only give you this deal today) They already had me based on their team and product. Don't like pressure tactics... its the only negative experience I would say I had. That sales technique makes me feel like they think I'm stupid... Like a car lot Maybe need more layout or color options

Response time and price

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

Customization and ability to have stand alone branded system

Broc from American Labels

Industry: Printing

Learning curve, but a great and powerful software.

Caspio is an ongoing experience for my team so far. We have been happy with the massive potential that it can bring to our business as we strive to automate our processes and convert our operations to a mostly digital model.

Pros

Caspio is like a decked out tool-belt. A huge pro is the variety of features and abilities that the software gives the developer. Similarly, the customer support and library of helpful resources is not lacking whatsoever.

Cons

I was under the impression that Caspio is a "no-code" software solution, however I must have misunderstood because I have learned that it is most likely a "low-code" solution for a vast majority of use cases. Basic functions are certainly no-code, but most companies are not using Caspio for the basic functions, I imagine. Because of this, there has been a semi-steep learning curve for me personally. I would consider myself technologically adept, but I do not have even a ground level knowledge base of Java script or html language.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Caspio seemed to allow a level of personalization/flexibility that we were not sure Kintone would allow. With this comes more of a learning curve as the "guard-rails" are further apart so-to-speak.

John from City of HP

Great alternative to traditional applications

I was able to take 22 tables from a legacy, standalone application, export them from MSSQL into Excel and import them to Caspio. After some of that learning curve, and some instructionals from Caspio, I finally worked out and connected all the tables so they could be queried for reporting. Building the datapages after that, I could do simple things on my own but it became clear to me that I would need their professional services to build my application (in 4-7 weeks compared to 8 months if I were trying it on my own). If I knew the interface better, I might not need their services but time is a factor in my decision.

Pros

The low-code approach frees you from having to learn any programming language and rely upon it. It is flexible enough to allow you to build literally any kind of application you want from simple to complex, which is powerful and liberating. No more dealing with filthy vendors!!! Their support, even on the free tier, is outstanding. There is also a TON of information and instructionals available on the web. They seem to want you to be successful, and go the extra mile to help you be successful.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve, BUT the peak is not high and it won't be long before you are comfortable and moving along building things at a good clip. I'm also not fond of a cloud-only solution as it is our data and we should be able to replicate/backup the data to local servers directly. It looks like this is possible with the API, however that's only available in the most expensive tier. You really have to have a good understanding of your business process and the SDLC to avoid making time-consuming mistakes.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

We are using Laserfiche, but it has an entirely different focus than Caspio.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

For obvious reasons of relying on mission-critical software that has no other modern market replacement, and has also not been updated since 2001... runs only in 32-bit mode, and on SQL Server 2006... it was either use Caspio, or Excel/Access, or purchase a bloated piece of OTS software that did 1,000 things we didn't need it to do...

Liz from University of Kentucky

Industry: Research

Dynamic software for managers wanting to create apps quickly without IT consultants

My overall experience with Caspio has been excellent! In the past, I have used Caspio to build an integrated set of applications for a Statewide startup program. Specifically, I created publicly available online submission forms and internal use applications including: portals for the paperless reviewing and scoring of submitted applications (for both videos and text/ file upload submissions), online participant registration forms, post program report collection tools and alumni tracking apps. The success of each of these applications was evidenced in their long term use, whereby we received and reviewed ~800 applications over 4 years. Currently, I am using Caspio to create stand alone applications for a different program. These include a sort-able and editable database of research facilities for public reference, a metrics report collection tool for grant participants, and a contacts database for internal use and tracking.

Pros

The organizational aspects (tables, views, datapages, authentications) and flow of the steps within each of these features are intuitive and easy to follow. This framework of a few 'tools' with many guided steps and options in each tool make it less intimidating for a novice to create an application independently that suits their specific program needs. However, what I like just as much about Caspio is their amazing customer service. I can't say enough about their timely and courteous responses all the way from their Sales and On-Boarding Executives to their Account Managers and Session Experts (whom I highly recommend working with for insights and help with more complicated builds or specialized features).

Cons

Although Caspio is constantly improving their product and educational material demonstrating how to use it, there are always more features that can be added to allow users to control the look and feel of an application or to allow for example more filtering options across tables. However, there is a balancing act between creating user friendly features and highly customized ones without needing to write additional code to achieve the aim.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

The primary alternative was to have an independent programmer build the applications we were wanting from scratch. The reasons we went with Caspio instead were independent control, flexibility to make changes and add features as needed, ability to control and manipulate the data directly, ease of use, cost savings, readily available expert assistance and great customer service.

Oliver from GLOBAL CSR

More than meets the eye

Caspio has more than made our flagship application possible for us without having a team of programmers. It has widely extended the possibilities of the application and helped inspire features and the overall scope of what our application is and can become. After years of working with Caspio, I have learned to use the platform to much of its potential, and yet I still haven't found the limits to what it can do. The platform specialists are very skilled, and with expert sessions available, you can accomplish things on Caspio way beyond what it appears to offer. It is, indeed, much more than meets the eye.

Pros

While Caspio is a low code platform enabling fast development of very high quality apps, it does not stop there. What has been important to me, is that the platform is virtually unlimited in potential. The versatility and quality of this platform makes it the perfect choice even for high complexity applications.

Cons

Simple apps may be developed very swiftly, while maintaining high levels of security and quality. More complex apps require more capacity and in depth development. While this is a low code platform, it does not prevent the use of code, and with it, the possibilities seem limitless. And it still has all the benefits of not having to code from scratch, ease of use, high security, etc.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Caspio offers the highest level of industry-standard security, robustness, and professional services. The infrastructure is industry-leading and the security is solid. It is very clear that Caspio takes it seriously. It may be a low code platform, but it is built to handle everything and capable of so much more than just simple apps. That is why we chose Caspio for our flagship application. For me, as a developer, the learning curve of Caspio was steeper, but with expert sessions, a vast library of video tutorials, webinars and much more, it's just a question of getting the basic knowledge to get going - from there it can go quite fast and more complex applications can be built. And it really is a joy to follow that path as a non-programmer because the learning you get from building on Caspio, is actual IT capabilities which are not just Caspio specific, but will help you to overall build your own skills as a developer, even outside of Caspio's environment.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

Prior to Caspio, we had tested and made dummy versions on other platforms which offered a no or low code experience. Some of these were easier to use with a lesser learning curve, but offered nowhere near enough the features, possibilities, potential, or the quality and security we needed for our application.

Joseph from Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP)

Industry: Law Enforcement

A Canadian pleasure to receive Caspio's help, service, security & support

My overall experience with Caspio has been absolutely wonderful and extremely favourable, and I would never consider leaving Caspio except that if the cost of maintaining my table was too costly for me. I am very, very proud of how Caspio has been able to tailor my table needs to the precise and exact style of what I want, and what I want my clients to learn from exploring the table. My table is modern, accurate, colourful, precise and as I have said I am very proud of it. I am also very conformable about the high level of security which Caspio Bridge provides for my table. Security of my table is very important to me. Thank you.

Pros

First, I am extremely pleased with the affordable cost of Caspio Bridge provided to me by Caspio which allows me to continue my historical research and record my work on a table which is open to all of Canada as well as the whole world. I am a senior citizen with a limited income so the cost is very important to me. Secondly, I sincerely appreciate the dependability of Caspio Bridge because my table has never failed my thousands of clients. Since I first started with Caspio many years ago, my table has never failed. Thirdly, I value the dependability of Caspio Bridge support including the expertise of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who have the ability, knowledge and skills to improve the performance of my table. I am amazed how technicians including [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are able to resolve every little glitch which I encounter. I am very appreciative of their service, professionalism, and friendship.

Cons

I can only think of one issue, and that is the complexity of the 'styles'. This is one area that I always need help with as the learning curve about 'styles' is too steep for me. In the case orf 'styles' I always ask for and receive help from Caspio, and I thank you.

None

Dominique from White Wolf Rising Ltd

Living in the low-code age

There is no doubt that Caspio allows you to create robust cloud applications very fast. As we have now entered the age of low-code and that the opportunity to have SaaS systems, that used to be reserved to large enterprise and government bodies, is now reachable to man small to medium size enterprises. In this respect, Caspio has played out an important and critical role by offering a reasonably priced and powerful platform to them.

Pros

Caspio is a very flexible tool for creating and maintaining SaaS systems for your company or for your customers. You need a basic understanding of relational database and how to work with them. Once you are there then, maybe after a few hours, you are ready to go. Everything else when it comes to creating queries and views, unless you want to create something unusual, is straight forward. Designing datapages is also quite easy and only requires a minimum of learning time. Publishing the datapages on your website is also excellent as Caspio offers different options for achieving it, depending on what web publishing tool you are using.

Cons

As we are doing solution prototypes using MS Access, we tend to upload the application database into Caspio to speed up the process when implementing a solution. The drawback with this method is that although we can upload tables and data, we cannot upload views. This is mostly due to the fact that Caspio does not handle views in the same way as MS Access, in fact not allowing a few functionalities such as calculated fields. Caspio, over the last few years, has come up with means of addressing this shortcoming by adding extra functionalities in database management.

Gordon from UC Education Abroad Program

Extremely Useful Resource

We use Caspio to help distribute data, to inform stakeholders, to allow users to narrow results and answer their questions, and to hopefully allow for a stronger understanding of what we do (our business plan) and how we do that (our business model). Ultimately, as a public research university's academic program, we need to provide transparency and accountability.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to develop skills within and while using the software. Online tutorials (including YouTube videos/projects) are very helpful.

Cons

Some of the definitions for associations between fields (e.g., cascading listbox...) can at first leave a new user uncertain about how the form or data-page will function.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

About 8 or 9 years ago I noticed in fine print, beneath an image of a database and infographic in an online newspaper article, the words "Powered by Caspio." There was also a link to the database. To build something that would provide data to the public or other stakeholders akin to this database, I was told by my IT team that my project would take them weeks to build. With higher priorities, my project would not be addressed in less than 1 year's time. So I went to look at Caspio again. For $35 I was then able to have something like 5 data-pages. In 5 minutes time I had the license, and in 30 minutes time I had uploaded my data from Excel, and had built a Query & Report environment that was on the internet for anyone I wanted to share the results with... I walked to the other end of the building, showed the results to my Director of Finance, and he was excited by the results. Over the years, our needs for Caspio have evolved, and Caspio has continued to allow for more features, control, & power. No code, low code... it allows one to advance and not district your IT from other priorities.

Quinn from Box Truck Network

Grows with you

I would say that one of the best things about working with Caspio is the drag and drop builder as well as their support staff.

Pros

Our company was looking for software that would enable us to launch clean, professional looking website features quickly. Caspio offers a fairly simple used interface that allow rapid development of new ideas and their features are well rounded. They have some of the best support staff around.

Cons

Some of the features we need are only offered on costly plans.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

We actually tag team our products between Caspio and Ragic. Caspio offers the fancy and professional features we need while Ragic offers the "Excel Like" structure of rapid development.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

We needed a quick build system with a lower price tag.

Brenda from Oziel Grand Chapter - OES-PHA

Building Databases Made Easy

My overall experience with Caspio and their customer service has been A+. My account manager has been with me from the beginning and has always replied to every message within one day. The technical support is always there to help and fix all of my problems without hesitation. The users of my database (Ages: 40-70) never complain, everything is easy to manage and they love the Membership Database and how pretty and manageable it is.

Pros

What I like most about Caspio is that you do not need to be a master in code development in order to build a database online. The click and go step by step process is very easy to use. Also, implementing within WordPress or other applications is very easy to do. The How-to Videos are an excellent way to learn to use the product. The formulas within the tables allow you to be more diverse with your structure. I can't name just ONE thing, I love many!

Cons

When I first purchased Caspio in 2016, I was not able to export in PDF, with their updates that is now possible, but my only issue is in order to use you have to have the level of Caspio, which will cost more money. The good thing is if you want a change submit a request, 9 times out of 10 they will update and include with their next release.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

I did not have to have coding experience and the customer service and technical support was A+.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

The developer moved and I needed something easy to use I could follow.

Richard from Security Patrol Track, Inc.

Industry: Security and Investigations

Caspio - The Best Database Platform On the Market

Thanks to Caspio, our project developed into Security Patrol Track Inc., a first class Security Guard Management system for the use by security company managers to track and document the activities of their security officers. Although I had 35 years of financial experience in the security industry, when we first began our project, I had no experience with database systems whatsoever. I tried several platforms but couldn't even understand the terminology and never was able to actually create even one table. I then found Caspio and within an hour, was able to build a table, a submission form to enter records into the table and a report to pull the records out. It is truly a "No Code" platform! Our original app has now grown to 250 datapages and we have over 18,000 users.

Pros

It is truly a "No Code" platform! Our application, however, would never have been so successful (due to my lack of knowledge) without the support of the Caspio Customer Service and Professional Development staffs. They are all truly invested in the success of their customers.

Cons

Although it may seem to be sort of a contrived response, I really cannot think of a criticism of the Caspio system. The typical criticism of a technology company would be their inadequate customer service. However, as discussed above, their support personnel are almost always available, always knowledge and will always go out of their way to find a solution.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

We initially chose Caspio because of its ease of use.

Elena from Prudential Global Network, (PGN HR)

So Impressed

oh the customer service both on chat, email, and phone, is a cut above the rest. I don't know how Caspio manages to always be there for me... so impressive. Way better than the big guys.

Pros

This cloud based Database management solution is really helpful for non-coders like me. So many features that really made my consulting business excel in the competitive industry like mine.

Cons

There should be a multiple check box feature, where the choices can be pulled from other fields. Also, the rules for conditions are very limited. For example, if you want to disable other check boxes when one check box is selected - you will never be able to do another conditional rule for that check box that you have said should be disabled. I mean, there should be an ability to apply multiple conditional rules on a field.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

Ease of use. Aware IM requires that you are already a well versed coder.

Mark from Cloud NFC

Caspio - Partners for The Long Term

I've now been using Caspio for over 12years and have to say that, as a company, they've matured over that time. Customer support is definitely above average.

Pros

Speed of project development from idea to deployment is, for me, the number one attraction as a Caspio developer. You can try things out for real very quickly and ask clients for their thoughts/opinions as you go along. Caspio's low-code platform makes it possible for someone to provide robust, mission critical data-driven systems without having a background in coding.

Cons

I have very few issues with using Caspio and any that I have are either minor - or get resolved quickly.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

At the time of switching, Alpha 5 couldn't offer what I needed it to do. It was (and probably still is) a good piece of software. I've stuck with Caspio as it was a better fit for me.

Greg from Direct Line Cruises

The Best Cloud Database Application in the Market!

I have been an extremely satisfied Caspio customer for over 12+ years. I have built hundreds of apps using their cloud database platform and they have allowed my company to quickly and effortlessly deploy applications in a timely fashion. In my opinion, there is no better cloud database product in the marketplace. Caspio is simply the best!

Pros

- Ease of Deployment - Low Code Environment - No Hardware to Maintain - Zapier Integration - The product continues to evolve.

Cons

- Looking forward to more advanced Zapier integrations such as the ability to search for a record in the database. - Scheduled reports via email would be a welcome enhancement

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

It became apparent that Microsoft Access with SQL server was too difficult to rapidly deploy online and within a cloud hosting environment. Caspio removed many of these barriers.

Definitely not "no-code", but still low-code and very powerful

I felt very empowered with Caspio, but kept running into walls. I don't know Javascript or HTML so anything code-related that wasn't laid out exactly within a tutorial was frustrating to tackle. I also struggled to build out a front-end that looked good and tied to the datapages I was building, and the templates Caspio provided me still required that I knew web development to get running, and I did not know how to customize them. I did appreciate that pages could be easily embedded within Wordpress or other website builders. If I knew how to code, I would definitely use Caspio though. It gets thing up and running sooo fast. Using as a base for the backend is a great idea as it is 100% customizable. In that case I would totally recommend.

Pros

It is 100% customizable, and there are tutorials for just about everything. The community forums are also active, with Caspio support actively participating. Professional Services seemed very capable and able to do just about anything for you if you needed it.

Cons

For just about everything I wanted to do there was some need for a "custom" solution, and I was heavily dependent on my account manager who was always ready to refer me to Professional Services for even simple integrations.

Response from Caspio

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the valuable feedback. While many complex applications can be fully developed using Caspio's point-and-click and drag-and-drop tools, the ability to extend the platform via industry standard languages such as JavaScript, HTML, CSS and SQL opens up additional capabilities to innovate and build something truly unique. Thank you again for your feedback and we'll be sure to pass it on to our team internally.

tim from National Coatings and Supply

Caspio for the Win!

It's a great company with some exceptional people.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use, but you must make a commitment to learn it. The great news is that if you aren't a programmer they have a great Managed Application Services Team that will do the work for you. The software has enabled our company to rapidly create solutions and integrate data that was previously stored in various spreadsheets and databases. We are connecting data that we never thought possible. Thanks Caspio!

Cons

Nothing. We have enjoyed the platform and the support has been great.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

The experience with the people.

Tzofit from HarperCollins Publishers

Industry: Publishing

Amazing Service from Caspio!

We have made so much internal data available to our employees that they can search on their own to get the answers they need. The best part is not having to rely on our IT department to implement these projects. From start to finish, our department can do it on our own and customize it the way we want. We are about to launch an internal Records Management System -- if we would have bought something out of the box and used IT to implement, it would have cost us in the six figures. With the help of Czar Zurich Placente, we have been able to build this system in a few months with ease. Czar has been so unbelievably responsive and professional throughout the entire process. His knowledge of every aspect of Caspio has been amazing. I absolutely love working with him and already thinking about other ways we can use Caspio to leverage our other internal projects -- with Czar's help!

Pros

I love Caspio because it is so easy to use. We have several databases running off of Caspio, and I could not have done it without Caspio.

Cons

Nothing! Sometimes there are some features that require custom coding, so that can become frustrating, but for a minimal price, you can get help with Expert Hours.

Trenton from TULSACK

Industry: Machinery

Customized Data Reports

We were able to work with the project management team to build a productivity, waste, and uptime reporting tool that streamlined our process and cut many labor hours out of each week.

Pros

The software is web based, so you can reach it anywhere.

Cons

If internet is down, the software is not usable.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

We have been using Caspio products for the past several years, and have had good luck with customer service and project building projects with Caspio.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

Ease of operation, and streamlined the time required to do the calculations.

Pusit from KP Technology Management

Excellent features, Superb support

For more than three years with Caspio we don't have a major complaint in any area. I would give six stars for the support. Often we need urgent support while we are working from different time zones, there is always someone (real human not a bot) standby to answer our urgent questions. Regarding features, Caspio always keeps us exciting with their regular updates and new out-of-the-box features.

Pros

Features: Caspio has almost everything we require to complete business solution applications. Pricing Model: Clear and competitive pricing model. There are even more plans released lately. Support: Superb! Always someone's there, in the online support section. All tickets are handled in a short time. Respect user privacy, asking for permission before the support gets in the sensitive area with the "User Login Support".

Theodore from Matrix/DHL

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Caspio for Logistics

I have found that the team at Caspio and the application builder itself are rock solid. Extremely reliable, willing to help with the very small issues that have come up. I could not ask to work with a better organization.

Pros

It is so quick and easy to build data entry forms, surveys and reporting. Many of the applications I use take less than an hour to build from completion of planning to putting in use by our team at the warehouse.

Cons

There are little things that you need some programming help with, like column justification in reports or adding colors, but they are minor and the support is out there to help the "non-programmer" get the job done.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

We looked at a number of different application builders and chose Caspio for the value, cost and features. When you have a large number of users and need to put the completed applications into there hands quickly, I don't think there is any other application out there that competes.

Definitely not NO CODE, add-ons kill value, good for basic apps.

Quick "basic" web app and form creation.

Pros

Tough review because I like Caspio. And the support is generally pretty good. Basic apps and workflows are pretty easy and intuitive.

Cons

The No Code Needed is very misleading. Most workflows and apps I have built or needed required some functionality that had to be "custom coded" with javascript. There was no out of the box option for some database/app functions I thought would be standard. If you look at the support forums there are a lot of people stuck needing special code written to make it do what they need: https://forums.caspio.com/forum/49-caspio-javascript-solutions/ And calls into tech support often ended with "you will have to have some custom code written to accomplish that" for a fee. If you are a Javascript guru, you will be much better off. But the friendly pictures on their website of small business owners touting no code I'm not sure is a reality for most. If you are going to use it I would recommend the pro level because the costs add up after you use 5 data pages. Other seemingly basic options also come at a cost. To be able to select previously uploaded files in a report to download them was an additional feature. I think its more for businesses with some tech staff that needs out of the box apps built but then they can code to tweak. Average Joe, not so much.

Eric from Pohl Consulting and Training, Inc

Great tool to create online applications

We collect data for benchmarking, and have built a data collection website for our customers. Over time, we have created new products using Caspio. One of the main benefits is that a small, 2-person team can create and implement business applications that have a high degree of functionality.

Pros

We have created several applications for our customers using Caspio, including our internal process management system. We have staff in several remote offices and need to have a shared management system with workflow capabilities. One of the main benefits of Caspio is that we can do the development work in house, saving us money while allowing us to quickly add new functionality.

Cons

As with any software program, the trick is figuring out how to do what you want despite the application's weaknesses. We have found Caspio to be highly featured, but also highly customizable. The user community is great at helping provide input to extend the application functionality, so any issues can be overcome.

Jennifer from DonateGoodStuff.org

Incredible value - We came to try it out, and now it's been 6 years

We thought we would build a proof-of-concept on Caspio but ended up building a platform that has served us (and thousands of nonprofits through us) for 6 years. I could not recommend more highly for start ups, nonprofits and others starting on a shoestring and that want to prove a concept before spending big development dollars.

Pros

We created a nonprofit that connects people with donations to organizations that need them. For that, we needed a database. With no budget, we were able to launch. With no IT background, I was able to get started from the tutorials and with helpful staff, have updated and upgraded over the years.

Cons

Starting out without technical experience, it did take some time to learn, but we started with the free plan and it was an incredible value - worth the time investment to learn. There with challenges that the architecture we built as we wanted to grow and change. The Caspio support team has helped us solve many of those with creative workarounds.

Cost and ability to DIY

Nepal from CXOsync LLC

Digital Transformation out of the box!

It's great. We manage millions of records and have started to revert from an in-house data warehouse to Caspio as it provides no code administration, and a secure layer a data protection we don't have to strategize around.

Pros

Drag and Drop table relations gives you deep data mining capabilities, and the datapage wizard allows easier setup of a search interface but allows complex customization in later stages. #1 win for us is the secure surrounding caspio offers our data.

Cons

limited ability to build on an iPad. That would be very useful for on the go adjustments and configurations.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Application resilience and data handling capabilities.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

Flexibility, No-Code Administration, Same day deployment and secure worryfree infrastructure.

Anthony from myA2A

Great product, expensive for what you can do.

Great database, you can make almost anything you want.

Pros

-It works great -Easy to learn, takes maybe 2 weeks to learn, it's not as easy as using email but you can build very great stuff with it. -You can almost do whatever you can think of.

Cons

With basic version, which you can do almost nothing with, 5 data pages not much, you can maybe build one useful thing or two. -ONLY 500 MB, used it in first week trying to learn how to work with all the 5 datapages. -Went over with 250 MB charged another amount. Really expensive. -If you have a small company I would NOT recommend caspio, if you have a bigger company and can pay for monthly that would be great, maybe then you can outsource to a company in India also -Basic NO unlimited support, 5 cases (which would be oke if you got more datapages and MB). -Support is difficult because you have to explain with chatting what the problem is, try that with a database, it's just really difficult, yes you can give them permission to access your database and help you out but they don't really do it. Yes, they have a free option for 3 datapages and 250 mb which you really can't do much, in 3 days just by logging in you would have used it up). I think caspio is great but the pricing hinders them from becoming the most used online database. I do hope they lower the price in the future or just fix their pricing structure each time we have to pay it just sucks the joy out of the database. We don't mind paying but the value and the price are not in sync. I did not find a better option yet for databases, but will probably be designing our own.

Jackson from Doctors of BC

Caspio: A Superb Database Solution

A recent update (v19) impacted all the database applications created in Caspio. However, after using the ticketing system (1st in 2 years of licensing), they responded with fixes immediately within 1 business day. Impressive customer service on that front but not so much with testing of updates/patches.

Pros

Caspio is very flexible allowing users to easily create many types of databases (submission forms, search engines, web pages, CRMs, Analytics etc).

Cons

There is no easy backup solution. Caspio allows for 1 complimentary restore but will charge for additional. If they allowed the user to self backup and restore, this would be a bonus.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

We tested a lot of other software platforms and found that Caspio fit our needs best. The free license allowed us to trial our data within the Caspio environment and allowed us the opportunity evaluate all the features available.

Camille from Seeds of Hope

What we needed

Pros

Even though I don't have an IT or software development background, once I learned the basics of Caspio, I found it very easy to use. Caspio's functions can be as complex or simple as you'd like. We use it to create simple 1 datapage, 2 table questionnaires and complex secure applications with 20 datapages, 30 tables, and 4 authentications.

Cons

The learning curve was steep. The training I went to was helpful but it wasn't until I had been working with the software for several weeks that I finally felt comfortable and confident. I'm also the tech support for our applications and I find that there are times when it seems Caspio glitches, but it's hard to tell if it's Caspio or some anomaly in the application. It can take a long time to troubleshoot. It also seems that some browsers have a harder time with Caspio than others.

Scott from John's Sewer & Pipe Cleaning

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a genius!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing to work with. She took our ideas and built databases to meet our need in only minutes. Her knowledge of the product is off the charts. Every suggestion we threw at her, she was able to make happen for us. I can't recommend her enough. She is a huge asset to the Caspio team.

Pros

Once established the program is very easy to use. The major advantage for us over our old Access database is you can log in from anywhere. Also, Access slowed down as it accumulated data, but Caspio has kept the same processing and retrieval speed. Finally, it looks much better and is easier to navigate.

Cons

It can be hard to learn how to create the tables and datapages, but they do offer training to teach you how.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Online reviews from other users.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

Our server crashed and it took over three weeks to get it up and running and we lost all of our Access files and were going to have to recreate it from scratch. Also, it is advantageous to use the program at home or anywhere other than the office.

Jane from Tyler Technologies

Excellent solution for our internal operations needs

Overall, Caspio has been our solution for all of our internal operations: calendars, utilization tracking and reporting, expertise tracking, forecasting and so much more. In the 2 years we have been live on our new program, we've completely changed the way we can track and report. It has been a real game changer for us.

Pros

I like that we can completely design our system and make enhancements or fixes on our timeline. We aren't tied to a third party developer so we don't have to pay for or wait for new features. We just build them ourselves to completely suit our needs!

Cons

There are some features that would make it even better than it is, such as ODBC integration with Excel (Office 365) and Outlook integration. API's may help with this, but as a non-programmer, that may be a bit above my skillset.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Ease of use, cost, initial impression.

Lucas from Star Consultant, LLC

Simple and Easy to Learn

Caspio software has enabled me to develop customized online applications to the preference of mostly non-profit organizations, that I provide consulting services, to create simple and clean applications that enables them to document and track services provided to clients as well as outcomes. I am able to create standardized reports with appealing charts and graphs. I like the latest version of Caspio which incorporated responsive DataPages.

Pros

The ease to create the database structure including the table relationships, DataPages and quick deployment with little coding. I like the authentication protocol which makes the software very secure.

Cons

The REST API is a bit challenging and costly.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

I chose Caspio because it was easy to learn with little coding and quick deployment by embedding the data pages into my web pages.

William from Vextster, Inc.

Speed To Market

Caspio has provided us the ability to implement web applications quickly, without being held hostage by programmers who care more about job security then addressing client solutions.

Pros

Caspio is very impressive with its ability to allow businesses to create and implement web applications quickly. In today's competitive world, clients do not have any patience and really appreciate a branded solution delivered within days, not weeks, months or years!

Cons

There is still a need to understand Javascript (coding) and the ability to use the Caspio platform with third-party APIs. Zapier is nice, but it really doesn't work well with custom integrations.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

HIPPA compliant solutions made Caspio a strong fit for our business.

Daisia from Barnes and Noble Education Inc

Dependable company and software

Caspio is very easy to use. In addition customer service is always readily available to assist you. There is barely any down down. This is just what my company needed; a cloud software to fill in the gaps that IT infrastructure couldn’t. This software was brought in to assist our department over 5 years ago; now the entire company uses Caspio. What a great product! I highly recommend it.

Pros

There is not one thing that I can say that I like because I like everything. There have been so many updates and features added. It will definitely work in most scenarios.

Cons

I really can’t think of any, they go out of there way to assist you and make sure everything is working.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

We needed to optimize our resources and Caspio filled that need.

Max from Account-Ability Services

Great Company, Product and Employees

My skill sets were a bit rusty but Caspio has enabled me to compete with the big boys. Overall I think they are great.

Pros

There are so many features it is hard to choose the most outstanding. Yes for me it is the best company I have ever dealt with in my 30+ year career. The only thing better than their product is the diverse body of knowledgeable, professional and welcoming employees. They are always anxious to help in completing my projects no matter what. Their very dedicated and patient support team is absolutely second to none. Great Job Caspio!

Cons

The only con is perhaps selfish on my part but it would be great for them to include PDF print in legacy accounts. There is truly nothing to complain about in regards to Caspio.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Honestly service and support is very important to me. Even though their PaaS is great, it is of very little value to me if they were unable to provide superior support. It was their very responsive and quality support that sealed the deal for me.

Col from Journey to the East

A small business's view of Caspio

We operate tour business offering custom built tours. We looked at many packages but they restricted us in managing and delivering the style and customer service levels we are known for.

Pros

We have a custom built system built on Caspio. It works very well. As a small growing business we have been able to make changes and grow our system as things arround and our needs change. The support has been outstanding.

Cons

The platform is inconsistent in implementation which slows the learning curve and frustrates development. Professional presentation of results is often difficult to impossible without scripts (and i cant write script)

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Caspio offered a significantly lower cost to develop and the option to make changes without refering back to a development house.

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

The other product started to cost too much in staff time

William from cors, Inc.

Great software for a company supporting remote work

Pros

We converted our custom Visual Basic & SQL database system when we made the determination 5 years ago to stop renting office space and have everyone work from home. Caspio allowed us to replicate that legacy system and totally get rid of our servers required to support that system. Currently, we have no infrastructure for any IT services, it is all "cloud" based.

Cons

We did lose some of the functionality we enjoyed with Visual Basic. However, after figuring out as many work arounds as possible, we do not miss that functionality anymore.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Caspio seemed to provide the best cost for features analysis of the other products.

Rapid Development

Pros

Caspio is easy to learn and changes mangement is pretty easy with caspio version history.

Cons

form design: CSS needs improvements , asyncroonous form submission and file upload, etc.

DINESH from Intel Corporation

Industry: Computer Hardware

Efficient and effective software development

Caspio solves a number of marketing related communication needs in a very effective, cost efficient manner

Pros

It was built to the specifications we needed, and updating with new needed functionality is something that can be done to meet our needs. Fitting it into our broader suite of technology, within our internal cloud, was also not too difficult. And, we have one point of contact to fulfill all our needs.

Cons

Sometimes response time to needed updates or changes can take a bit longer than desired, but once addressed the team is very collaborative on keeping us updated on status for updates. And there are usually very good reasons for the delays.

Siddharth from 4 DOLLAR WEBSITE

Excellent for every business

Pros

It offers everything that business need to manage users and it's very cost efficient. It indeed help us a lot to manage the users which would take a lot of time previously for coding and all but now its all Caspio. there are lot of tutorials available with lot of troubleshooting page and customer care is the best part over here they are very friendly and responsive.

Cons

Its best as it is i would recommend it to everyone

Christopher from Pohl Consulting and Training, Inc.

Very user friendly Application Builder

It's been great so far. Additionally, our end users have had 0 complaints.

Pros

The page builder tools really makes it easy build your data pages. It's built in preview option allows you to instantly see the consequences of your actions. Having your data tables and pages all in once place that is accessible by users via the web is very convenient. Additionally, I was very easy to learn how to navigate the system.

Cons

There are some limitations like number of data pages and calculated fields. However, it does allow flexibility to add in your own code. This really expands it's limitations.

Matt from Summit Education Initiative

You get what you pay for - and quite a bit more.

Excellent customer service and the product continues to improve and advance.

Pros

The interface is intuitive enough that a person with no technical experience can jump in and deploy a web application on day 1. With every update, the system becomes more refined and the features are more enhanced.

Cons

In some regards, cost is a factor. Caspio isn’t inexpensive, but you get what you pay for. Actually, you get quite a bit more. When I look back on everything we have accomplished with Caspio, it has more than paid for itself, but it’s a consideration for smaller operations.

Roger from Lee College

No need to hire developer

The product is the best I've seen out there. If you know javascript, you can bake extra functionality into your forms, but even if you only know html and a little css, you'll be able to do amazing things.

Pros

Caspio isn't cheap, but it more than pays for itself by freeing us up from the need to have a full-time developer to build and manage custom forms and databases. In a matter of a couple of hours, I can create a fairly complex form that would have taken others days or longer to build without Caspio.

Cons

The interface for building the datapage (form) is tiny. It could easily be made to scale so the user could see more items without scrolling constantly. This really needs to be fixed.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

Caspio is extremely versatile, and allows lots of interaction with the raw data, as well as the ability to string multiple forms together to build complex applications with very few headaches.

Julius from TIEC

Industry: Oil & Energy

Caspio Rapid App Development

Caspio is easy to use and you might need time to explore the interface. Programmers like me needs to be familiar with javascript.

Pros

By watching only the video for training a user will be able to develop apps in hours.

Cons

The full development if you need more customized app can be found in the forums. No detailed manual on how to use the java script implementation.

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

We need faster development time to support internal business process and at the same time we need to support customer from building many apps using Caspio.