All Bookeo Reviews

Billy

Recreational Facilities and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Great product!

It is simple to use, help is usually w/i 24 hours and we've had no customer complaints. Would recommend Bookeo.

PROS

After years of using Bookeo, I should have wrote this review sooner. I run a kayak touring biz, we wear a lot of hats here, and the last thing we need is a booking system that has problems. We have turned down all the salespeople for other systems. Bookeo does what we need it to do.

CONS

This may be possible with Bookeo, but it doesn't appear to save data older than 2 years. Older data is useful for planning purposes. Right now, we are downloading the date in XLS format and saving it to an independent folder. Last thing, some customers can't figure out how to use the "previous days - following days" buttons on the tour descriptions/dates opening page. They think that the only tours being offered are just on that page. We haven't kept data on this, but I don't think it's very much.

Billy, thanks for the detailed review! We appreciate the feedback. Please note that Bookeo offers 2 booking modes for your booking page, and the booking mode you are using may be less suitable for your business (there is no one-size fits all solution for all businesses). You can easily change the booking mode for your booking page. It only takes a couple of clicks! It's always been a pleasure working with you. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out! We're always available. Shannon

Replied September 2018

Rod

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2017

We are a medical facility and Bookeo is by far the most versatile solution for running an office!

Everything under the Sun - and it always WORKS!

PROS

Where do I start?! The widgets you can embed into your own website are seamless and professional. The client experience is swift and clean. The follow-up and feedback mechanisms are top notch. The versatility in services offered, ability to describe and augment each service with special notices are unmatched. Pricing scenarios are so well thought out that you can have any type of situation and Bookeo has a solution to accommodate! When you match all of that with unbelievable Marketing choices such as; Gift Vouchers, Pre-Paid Packages, Promotion Codes (I could write an essay on this one alone) Marketing Campaigns, Re-Marketing (are you kidding me - nice!), MEMBERSHIPS including recurring billing, Customer Area, Reports, Email Marketing, Export reports, VIRAL Marketing with Social Media... I mean.. I'm out of breath and there is more... much much more!

CONS

I can't REALLY call this a 'Con', it's more the nature of the beast. It can take some getting used to knowing how to set this up. Having said that - it takes a LOT more from our past experiences to set things up and the main difference is that, in the past - we would spend tons of time getting the system set up and THEN... it wouldn't work properly. THEN - we had days and weeks of patient records that were all messed up and... well, what a nightmare! With Bookeo - there is a lot, that's true. The help files are indeed accurate and helpful - and the best thing is that when I did write into Customer Service, they were right on top of it and sent me the exact solution I needed usually within 24 hours if not sooner. We have been on and off again with Bookeo over the past few years (maybe 4 or 5?) and each time we leave thinking there is a better solution that just showed up..we end up right back here. If it ain't broke - don't fix it and in our experience, Bookeo is the ONLY one who is not only un-matchable in what they provide... but they aren't broken either! Bookeo is the best and I ain't going nowhere else ever again!

Hi Rod, Thank you for the totally awesome review! So happy you are pleased with Bookeo and our support. Shannon

Replied November 2017

Becky

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Appalling customer support

Generally good functionality and possibly the best for our purposes, but poor user experience with terrible mobile optimisation. And absolutely horrific customer service. I can't stress the latter enough, and it makes me feel very uncomfortable about dealing with them long term.

PROS

There is plenty of functionality that is helpful when managing a small outdoor adventure company. The ability to list different events, with promotional pricing, and individual messaging etc, is very much appreciated. It's easy to integrate with our Squarespace site, too.

CONS

The main thing that I dislike about Bookeo is their appalling customer service. We are currently in the middle of a situation whereby Bookeo keeps making repeated calls on two of our customers' bank accounts, filing 172 payments in one instance, before the customer was alerted to the fact she had no money left and put a block on her account. Even though this was clearly a business critical issue, I am still (four days later) failing to get any coherent response from Bookeo as to whether the problem has been isolated, and whether a fix has been applied. I have also failed to speak to anyone over the phone, and only receive piecemeal emails from people who are clearly in a different timezone, who are always new to the situation with no prior knowledge of what has come before. The other major 'con' of the software is that is very poorly optimised for mobile interfaces.

Hi Becky, I am sorry to read that you had a bad experience with our customer support. We strive to provide the best customer support to our customers. I reviewed the email thread and our high-level technicians explained to you that the issue was due to a network error, which was later fixed. Also, they explained that the issue only affected your account and no other accounts. I see that you did reply to the email with the explanation, so I believe you have received our answer. We look forward to working with you in the years to come. Regards Shannon

Replied August 2019

Stephanie

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Bookeo is a Great Software!

I used Bookeo for a long time, and it was a great value for the money. I just outgrew the software, and needed something with more functionality.

PROS

This is a simple to use software, with no frills. It is perfect for a single or small business that doesn't need too many extras. Bonus -- add ons can be scheduled by the client, which is not the case for most software.

CONS

No membership function, and I'm not a huge fan of the way their text reminder service works.

Value

Reasons for switching to Bookeo

cost

Hi Stephanie, thank you for your review. Bookeo does offer a membership function. One of our technicians will reach out to you to explain how to set it up in your account. Cheers Shannon

Replied December 2019

Kaylee

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Happiest user ever!!!

It has been such a great product for us to be able to automate our registrations. It has allowed us to grow our business with less time spent doing things that take our customers only minutes to do themselves, rather than lots of phone and email responses.

PROS

Initially it was the price that was the main selling point. I love that I pay a flat fee each month, not a percentage of our sales, which is what I found on most other software. I was able to customize my booking platform for all the different classes we offer, the scheduling, and changes that I've had to make it's been fantastic. Whenever I get stuck, the Bookeo support has been very responsive to my email questions.

CONS

Only twice have I thought "oh that's a bummer that I can't ....." So with all the time I spend using Bookeo, I'd have to say THAT AIN'T BAD!!

Reason for choosing Bookeo

The cost was why we chose Bookeo over the other software options we had looked at. After setting up our classes, and the ease of use for myself and our customers it is unmatched in the market place, even in the much more expensive products. I will never change!

Hi Kaylee, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write this outstanding review! Thank you for all of your positive feedback about our pricing (no commission, no consumer fees!) and how Bookeo has simplified class scheduling for your business and your customers. We look forward to continue working with you in the years to come. Shannon

Replied June 2021

Reviewed April 2024

They accidentally deleted all our customers

Awful just so awful from the start, it never got better, it just got worse. I just can't imagine how it can get worse than this

PROS

none

CONS

Bookeo is not good and there have always been problems but now they have deleted all our members. DELETED ALL OUR MEMBERS! The huge cost of time and money to our business is enormous. All we got was a 'Its not possible to undo, sorry' Not even the hint they'd tried to rectify the problem or a proper apology. Avoid this incompetent bunch. Its not worth saving a few pounds it will cost you huge amounts of time and maybe all your customers.

Hi, I searched through our ticketing system and found the email thread regarding this issue. Initially, you contacted our support team saying that you deleted your customer profiles. However, after a thorough investigation, we found that no customer profile has been deleted from your account. Subsequently, you stated that you actually merged customer profiles. To merge customer profiles, you must manually select the customer profiles you want to merge, indicate your intention to merge them, and when prompted by the system to confirm the merge - with a warning that the data of the selected customers will be combined into one record and that this action cannot be undone - you confirmed your intention to proceed. The system does not delete or merge customers unless a user explicitly chooses to delete a customer profile or merge multiple customer profiles. The user must also confirm that they want to proceed after being warned about the consequences of the operation. Regards Shannon

Replied April 2024

Esther

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed February 2020

Lots of potential, great value

If the interface was cleaned up it would have been a winner. Another provider quoted us $6000 per year for almost the exact same features as Bookeo. Bookeo could easily do the job at less than $200 per month... I still think Bookeo has enormous potential. I'd still recommend to anyone looking for an affordable booking platform. Bookeo, I'd encourage you to raise your prices a bit and invest in making it beautiful and I'll be back with 10/10

PROS

Amazing price for features offered. Had a client that wanted to sell courses, book rooms, coaching, subscriptions/memberships, discounts, bundled classes, alternative payment options like deposits, or offline payment, I loved the calendar and resource manager, it offered all the features they needed and seemed like a good deal, and they were on a tight budget. I thought it'd be great.

CONS

In the end the client rejected it because they said it's extremely ugly. Yeah, the graphics are really dated, looks like something between Windows 98 and XP style. I'm aware I can implement my own CSS to restyle it - but when I attempted I realized some of the styles were generated with javascript and I couldn't over ride them, or there were too many styles to cancel out it was too difficult. Couldn't figure out how to replace the cheesy icons... with a little more time I might have been successful. There were a couple of bugs when embedding in our Squarespace site; whenever we reloaded the page or opened a new page with Bookeo embedded, the student would have to log in again... everyone found this irritating. I suggested to my client to just link to the portal instead but they said no... When I reached out to customer service they denied it was an issue at all - but I admit I barely provided any information on the issue (I thought about doing a screen recording) but I ended up letting it go. I think it would have worked better in a Wordpress setup anyway (more flexibility), so I was planning on testing it there. There's a big learning curve in the back-end management, if you're running that kind of business it's going to take some time to learn! Hire a tech-savvy young person to manage it for you if you can't grasp it...

Hi, Thank you for leaving a detailed review of Bookeo. I see that you sent a couple of questions to our support team before the end of 2018 - more than one year ago - and did not contact us afterwards. It is very easy to use CSS to restyle the Bookeo interface, both on desktop and on mobile. We have tutorials to guide you through some common customization. It is even possible to create a custom booking interface using our API and hide some icons. A new UI is also in the works. I read our replies, and our technicians explained what happened with the login. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Shannon

Replied February 2020

Entertainment, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

Very upset

PROS

Easy to use. No customer service when you need it

CONS

Cancelled many months ago only to find out that I was still being charged. When questioned about it they stated that it was cancelled 3 days prior. I did nothing 3 days ago. Today is when I noticed the charges. LIES

Hi, Unfortunately, since your full name or company name was not provided in the review, we are unable to investigate the matter further. The cancellation process for an account is initiated by following these specific steps: https://support.bookeo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018198191. Failure to follow these steps will result in the account remaining active, with the credit card on file being charged automatically monthly. Furthermore, depending on the account settings, the system can automatically send the monthly invoice via email to the account owner. The monthly charge shows on your credit card statement. It surprises me to learn that you were unaware of the fact that your account was still active. Regards, Shannon

Replied February 2024

Noel

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2018

Great booking software for our escape room business!!!

PROS

Tons of flexibility in moving time slots. We are able to really move a lot around based on when customers want to book. Great price. I don't understand what anyone thinks they will get out of other booking software that is better than what Bookeo has to offer. They keep adding new features. There have been a few things really needed that were added over the last two years. These were items we had requested. A lot of people complain about the customer service. While you may not be able to talk to someone, we have always received a response, and it has been nice to see features added that we were hoping for.

CONS

There is still one feature- Hidden Access where you can hide a time slot & have no idea it was hidden. We do this from time to time & have to keep track of it in another software. When a customer uses a gift voucher, if they don't use the entire voucher, the rest of the voucher can't be redeemed with the same code & they have to call us. Most people use the entire voucher in one purchase so it doesn't come up a lot.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Easy to use for appointments and reservations

Our clients really like making appointments with our system.

PROS

Easy to book appointments. Syncs great with our calendar. The email reminders work well and are customizable.

CONS

The customer support is a bit lacking. I wish they were a bit more knowledgeable.

Hi, Thank you for posting this review! We are happy to hear that you've found our software easy to use and that your clients like making appointments with Bookeo. Thanks again! Shannon

Replied May 2022

1 employee

Reviewed October 2023

Do not solely rely on bookeo

I'm deeply concerned and frustrated by my ongoing experience with Bookeo.com. For the past two weeks, I've been grappling with what appears to be a compromised account. Despite my efforts to communicate my concerns, Bookeo has not provided adequate support, and there is no customer service number to reach them.This situation has not only affected me but also risks defrauding others in my name. I urge caution and advise against using Bookeo as an online booking platform until they can ensure better security and responsive customer support.Account security is a vital aspect of any online service, and the lack of a customer service channel is a significant shortcoming. My hope is that Bookeo takes these concerns seriously and takes immediate steps to rectify these issues. Let's ensure our online experiences are safe and reliable.

PROS

Bilinguisme and the price was pretty good

CONS

UI in the back end is very old looking and makes you feel like you stepped back in time

Hi, Account security is very important here at Bookeo. If a claim is made that an account has been compromised, specific proof of ownership documentation is required to transfer the ownership of an account to a new user. If the documentation is not provided, for security reasons, our Support Team is not authorized to transfer the account ownership. If you want to transfer the ownership of an account to a new user, please contact our Support Team and provide the required documentation. Regards Shannon

Replied January 2024

Brittany

Reviewed May 2018

Complete lack of accountability, any attempt to contact this company is met with only hostility.

CONS

A determine 3 years of being a loyal customer, I ask one question that they have no answer to! When confronted, I was threatened to have my account deleted rather than receiving the customer support I originally asked for regarding gift vouchers

Hi Brittany, I am sorry to read that you had a bad experience with our customer support. I checked the email thread and saw that you did report an issue with gift vouchers, but repeatedly refused to provide any details. You also used some abusive language towards our customer support agents. Our technical support team answered promptly to your emails and asked multiple times to please provide more information about the issue. You refused to do this every time. They checked the gift voucher settings, and even tried to redeem a voucher. Everything seemed to be working correctly. And some vouchers had already been redeemed by your customers. After many emails, you finally provided details of the issue, and our customer support team was able to identify that an incorrect gift certificate customization had been applied. If customers provide details about an issue, or answer to the questions we ask, we can timely solve the problem they are experiencing. Cheers Alice

Replied June 2018

Sharni

Reviewed July 2017

Does the job, but could it do better

If you book any kind of classes, this software does the job.

PROS

Manages multiple teachers and rooms/resources. Mostly easy to use Accessible from anywhere Can integrate into any site Takes payment for you.

CONS

Would be good to have a calendar format. You cant show the public the google calendar as it shows private info. I have had this software for over 5 years, and only seen one or two improvements. There are features it could do with but they do not seem to be working on it. Given that it is a subscription model, one would expect the software to be improved upon regularity. Back end could be friendlier. Not as mobile friendly as it could be. Takes a bit to teach staff how to find classes and create bookings in store.

Terri

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Outstanding Support

RUNS my business. Extremely satisfied.

PROS

Full featured, mature software product.

CONS

Use of repeating events can lead to unexpected complications when updating or deleting. Would like to have ability to have TWO reminders for clients.

Reason for choosing Bookeo

ability to schedule clients and offer classes/workshops; customization, and ability to set reminders.

Wow, thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review, Terri! We are absolutely thrilled to hear that you are extremely satisfied with Bookeo and that it runs your business. Please note that you can send two reminders to clients: one email reminder and a TXT reminder. Thanks again, Shannon

Replied May 2021

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2018

Excellent product and the customer service is spot on! Hats off to all the staff!

For one affordable monthly fee our customers are able to book easily, and we receive the demographic information that we specifically selected and need in order to run our business better.

PROS

It is easy to use, once you get the hang of it. The reporting feature is invaluable to our business and our forcasting. I love the seamless integration with our website.

CONS

I would like to see a product that has more of the features that escape room owners need, and a bit of a better look on our website integration.

Thank you for the great review, Jennifer! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we¿re happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We value and appreciate receiving our customers¿ feedback and suggestions in order to improve Bookeo. Please send your feature requests to help@bookeo.com. Thanks again, Shannon

Replied May 2018

Kristian

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Very rich feature product. Excellent client support.

Saves a lot of our time. Online payment gateway integration implemented very easily. But the customer support, one again, that is a team which replies literally in few minutes, just unbelievable. Have not seen such quick and quality responses in years.

PROS

Possibility to customize its feautures in so many ways. This helped us to adapt to our business process in the times of changing needs.

CONS

Visual part / UI interface really requires a revamp. This is valid for the admin and end user interdaces.

Kristan, thanks for the great review! We appreciate the feedback. It's always been a pleasure working with you. As for the feedback on the UI design, please note that we are working on a new UI. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out! Shannon

Replied August 2018

Reviewed March 2018

You do not have to look for another booking software

Keeping track of my tour activities

PROS

Bookeo is really a great software. In no time you will be able to put your tours online for booking. Great customer support via email.

CONS

It would be nice to have a customer phone number you can call if you need and answer right away, however that is just a minor thing.

Hi, thank you for the great review. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks again. Shannon

Replied April 2018