• icon"Booker is great because I can keep track of my books even from home. I also enjoy being able to write progress notes."
  • icon"It has good booking feature that notified employees and customers of appointments."
  • icon"Set up went very well and maintaining it is going well also. Customer service is excellent but haven't needed it much."
  • icon"Wrong service and product history for clients that can never be corrected. Financial transactions that regularly crash."
  • icon"I have lost members because the software randomly double and triple charges them each month and doesn't represent it in the recent orders tab so it looks as if it hasn't."
  • icon"Customer service is available - but they are often unknowledgeable and can only submit requests to development and they take months even years before they fix your problem."

Browse all Booker Reviews

• Have you used Booker and would like to share your experience with others?

Marissa

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

March 2022

I wish there was something better out there.

Ashely

Book It!

Pros

Booker is a godsend for so many salons. It is very user-friendly and they have implemented the use of embedded training videos for all the features; this is a wonderful tool and works very well for people who are visual learners, which most stylists happen to be. For salon managers and owners, Booker offers a variety of tools: time-clock, sales tracking, inventory, tip allocation, expenditures/budgets, etc. Being a web-based software, it's very easy to add a widget or embed a link on your website and/or Facebook page to allow customers to easily schedule themselves for services. In addition, there is a built-in point of sale system that makes it easy to check out clients without needing to switch over to another program and/or system.

Cons

The downside to being a web-based software: if the server is down or there is an issue with the website, you cannot access your calendar or your point of sale system. Booker has been awesome enough to provide a separate website where they allow you to report issues of the system being down and also announcing known issues. Their customer service makes up for this issue.

Using it for our Med Spa

Booker does what we need, support has always been responsive and it is easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use so, easy to train. In the Day Spa industry front desk turnover is frequent so it is nice to be able to quickly show a new gal how to use the system.

Cons

We were previously Salon Iris customers and I am a programmer. With access to the database on that system I could run queries on anything in the database. Booker does not provide access to the SQL database so that is not possible. I do however have all of the reports that I need. Also, it would be nice to have the ability to set access a little more granular. For example, if I give a gal access to look at gift card balances, I will also have given her access to modify gift card balances.

Mandated by Francise

Reasons for switching to Booker

We were with a franchise that required Booker for a year.

Yiğit

Booker Review

Pros

Tracking orders has never been this easy thanks to the mobile application. The interface is very high quality. It is a user friendly application.

Cons

Integrating with more tools may be much better for users, but still very useful.

Ella

Frustrated user of six years

I’ve been using this software for six years the features seem promising but the reality of them are not easy to use and implement or take too long for customer service. It is not customizable for a large scale salon and that is not what bothers me the most, it’s when you call Support and they have no solutions except we don’t do that. And I mean repeatedly that is what I get from their Support team.

Pros

All the features they supposedly offer.

Cons

No customer support, terrible training, and my staff does not feel like it’s easy to use. It takes forever to track and check people out. The reports are confusing and make no sense and their payroll is not customizable so I still have to outsource and pay more. They seem to be prompt when they’re selling you something to add cost to your service but not when you need help. And their support has no solutions or work around options.

Reasons for choosing Booker

I’m considering other products now. At the time Booker was $65 a month and now I pay $350 a month and instead of adding complementary features at that price they’re consistently trying to sell me new features and up my monthly cost.

Reasons for switching to Booker

Because I wanted something that offered better online booking and worked in LiveTime and had an app it was six or seven years ago so at the time Salon Iris did not have this

Efraín

Booker is not what it use to be

So after 4 years of being loyal Booker customers/users and thousands of dollars paid for their lackluster service, we have decided to jump ship and started looking for a more reliable & less restrictive online booking software. We have had our complaints about Booker since day one because of how it is very restrictive on what our spa system administrators are allowed to do. We have always gotten the usual "oh you can not do that because we want to advice our clients on best business practices." Then we will counter by asking the Booker rep if they realized that the actual management team on site at the spa would know what's best for our day to day operations? Which we they always point us to their make recommendations page or they would claim to submit it to their development team, which neither ever received any follow up. So after many attempts to get them to make their system more intuituve and flexible for our day to day operations, we quite frankly gave up and just dealt with the system. And now we have their system performance take a rapid decline, which started well over a year ago. We even purchased new computer systems and increase our internet speeds in hopes of speeding up the system but nope, that didn't help what so ever. Their customer service has also gone to poop, the reps use to be somewhat knowledgeable on how to use Booker and nice. Now they don't seem to care about your issues and pretty much do not accept any responsibility or accountability on behalf of Booker on how the system performance has gone to poop, right along their customer service. Just last night when I inform a rep that we our fed up with the system performance and the numerous temporary "work arounds", that we have no choice but to start looking for another service. They replied with "sorry to hear that, let us know what we can do to help with the transition." Really!?! That was the cherry on top. Booker has failed to realize that we are their loyal paying customers and their poor performance is being transferred on to our loyal paying customers which we will not accept because we do value our loyal customers. So some words of advice to Booker on best business practices, don't screw your customers.

Pros

Lots of features

Cons

Not intuituve or flexible enough for day to day operations. Too many restrictions on in house system administrators. System performance is not good at all.

Response from Booker

Efrain - We're sad to hear you're leaving Booker and have been unhappy with the platform. If you're up for it, we'd love more information on which features you find restrictive and how we can address that feedback. Thank you for using Booker for this time. We appreciate your business. Best, - The Booker Team

Replied May 2017

heryl

Do not Use Booker

Horrible

Pros

very little customer service is out sourced and even though the outsourced employyess thry to help , they are unable to help

Cons

This system is ALWAYS going down We literally can not make appointments...take payment or any other necessary things to run a business...this happens minimally at least evry three to four weeks DO NOT !!! DO NOT GET SIGNED UP WITH THEM and then their attitude is always really pathetic and non caring

Tanisha

Perfect for businesses

Pros

It is user friendly, very detailed and easy to use, accessibility 24 hours, and very much inexpensive. I would recommend that you give it a try today.

Cons

Creating packages and reports could be alot less hassling.. work needed as it relates to credit card processes.

Jeremy

Not as promised

Terrible experience so far but what can you expect from an offshoot of MindBody. They are not ready to be a live site. I would definitely not recommend

Pros

Easy to navigate site but that is all I can say

Cons

-poor customer service knowledge. I often have to do their jobs for them over the phone. -Zero functionality on the app outside of booking. Client can not leave reviews, client can not cancel appointments, client can not favorite site. -If client has not entered a phone number in the app(not required) they can book an appointment and calendar confirmation but no appointment gets booked in Booker site. Clients show up with no appointment booked and rightly very angry. I have let booker know about this months ago and still no progress. -App is in US$ and I'm in Canada. -Accidently refunded a client and told it's final but can be reversed in 60 BUSINESS DAYS! -Language is often a barrier with customer support.

Reasons for choosing Booker

Slick and knowledgeable sales person

Reasons for switching to Booker

Complete ripoff and terrible customer support

Eileen

The Best Internal & External Solution

My customers of any age can book an appointment online, any time, day or night. My stylist can easily utilize the system to manage their own schedules, and include notes so the entire team is on the same page. There’s nothing to download and every answer can be found in the Help & Support section. When in doubt, we book ourself an appt and we have an internal lunch n learn and find ways to learn new tips and tricks that we’ve not encountered yet.

Pros

Dashboard Reporting, Website Integration

Cons

Zilch. It’s awesome and the customer service rules!

Reasons for choosing Booker

You pay for what you get and with Booker, I got everything I wanted. From internal clients and stylist notifications, to an integrated killer Point of Sale system, to website integration and google tracking analytics and marketing! It’s the best. You’d be a fool to not use Booker.

Celeste

Just switched BACK to Booker from another booking software

We have been using Booker in my business for years and earlier this year we were convinced by another booking service (the big name in our industry) to switch over. It was one of the worst decisions we have made. After 4 months of giving it our best try and much frustration over the new booking system's lack of features, unhelpful reporting options and staff frustrations, we switched back to Booker and THAT was one of the best decisions we made. Booker is the BEST platform for service based booking and the back end reporting of that kind of business. I do wish their customer service was as good as the other one we tried but it is not nearly as responsive. We are happy to be back though!!

Pros

Ease of scheduling, quick to learn/intuitive platform, broad range of reporting options.

Cons

The customer support could be faster and more helpful. The client end of scheduling could be easier for the client.

Reasons for choosing Booker

Negative reviews from staff who used Mindbody in other clinics.

Reasons for switching to Booker

We needed a more comprehensive product.

Brittany

Very easy to use!

I prefer Booker to keep my appointments up to date and my clients informed of their next appointments.

Pros

I like that it keeps me on track with scheduling of my clients.

Cons

I couldn't find any complaints about the software at all.

Kaitlin

Industry: Cosmetics

There’s better out there

Pros

Booker is extremely simple and user friendly! And their AI texting service is superv

Cons

There are many errors with the booker system overall

Lauren

November 2022

They do not provide customer support as promised

They will say you have a customer support person to help you but that’s a lie. They won’t answer your emails or help when challenges arise. For the astronomical price you are paying, you would think you could get help when needed. But no, they will just take your money and do not help. If you are a large company maybe this is fine but anyone who is a small business should stay far away. There are many companies who do the same thing but won’t screw over the small business in the end. SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS BE CAREFUL!

Pros

The onboarding process they will take their time to go through with you. But be careful as they will lie to you when you are initially purchasing the software as they will lie to you about what the process entails, it can be done very quickly, they just string you along for over a month

Cons

There are confusing parts and if you need help it’s impossible to get ahold of anyone.

Jerson

Industry: Warehousing

Camino al Crecimiento Integral

Pros

El ritmo con el q esta herramienta nos brinda para comercializar d una manera muy practica y logica

Cons

No tenemos quejas de esta hereamienta hasfa ahora nos ha resultado

Stephanie

New and Improved

Overall, it is a great booking website and it is a very easy system to learn. We recently added a brand login through this company as we are adding additional sites and it has been a very easy process.

Pros

I love that they have created many updates for this software over the last few months. It has been really nice not experiencing any lag or issues with the booking features like we were having just a few months ago. I love that you can choose how far in advance the confirmation emails are sent out and I really love that the clients can confirm the appointment through the email. Another AMAZING tool is that you can now see when a client is booking an appointment online that way you are not trying to compete with anyone online trying to book. I hated in the past where I would be booking a client at the desk and right when I went to book, it said that I was not able to. Come to find out when I refreshed the page it was because someone else had booked it online. It truly makes a huge difference with these little improvements that they made.

Cons

One thing at the moment that I am not liking about the software is that sometimes the confirmation emails do not send even when the emails box is checked, this also happens when I book re-occurring appointments for an entire year where these clients of all clients should receive all the emails. Another thing that gets frustrating from time to time is that the clients future appointments is not showing up on their account under the appropriate tab therefore some clients have not showed up for their appointment and we can't charge if they can prove they didn't see it online. I try to see if they have duplicate accounts as well but they do not. And lastly, every now and again Booker will give us booking issues while trying to book for any of our services, it will state that the appointment cannot book because no equipment is available however, I know that is not the case. That is frustrating because we have to then just create a block out on the schedule with the client's service along with their information but they don't receive any emails through the system when it is booked that way.

Denise

Booker has been a life changer for me and my Therapeutic Massage Practice.

The ease and functionality for my clients to have my app on their phone for scheduling wherever they are, no matter what time of day or night it is. It's also a reminder for them to schedule when they see my app At a glance! The reminder notifications allows me to focus on servicing my clients instead of scheduling appts, and making confirmations calls every day.

Pros

I love the way Booker works directly with my web page. My clients and potential clients can book right from my web site, purchase gift certificates from the comfort of their homes or offices, and print them or email them right from their computer without having to come to my office. I am often in service with a client and don't have a lot of time to answer or return calls during my work day let alone meet people to hand deliver gift certificates. I don't have a receptionist or assistant to assist in these matters. I love the fact that I have my very own App to give to my clients so they can save ME to their phones and book on line any time of the day or night, without having to try to find me first. I'm just a click away. The best part is that after you set up your booker to work with your website, it just makes scheduling my clients appts soooo much easier. They get an email notification with Appt details and directions. Then an appt reminder 24 hrs before their Appt so they can click the confirm button, so I don't have to make confirmation calls the day before, then a text reminder notification 3 hours before their Appt which cuts down on no shows, and late cancellations. I love it!!

Cons

I have 2 locations and Booker does not have a place to differentiate either location. So when my clients book on line, there is no way of telling them which days I am at one location and which days I am at the other. So when they are looking at my open appts, they don't know which location they are booking for. This kind of takes my 5 star Status and brings it down to a 3 because this causes my clients much confusion when trying to book, and me soooo much stress, because what good is it if I always have to call them anyway when they are trying to schedule on line?? This defeats the whole purpose of online scheduling. This needs to be fixed and upgraded. Another thing. The mobile app is limited to its back of the house functionality. It's very easy to schedule appts, but looking up Gift Certificate numbers and entering them for payment after a client redeems them is time consuming and not user friendly. I also wish I had Email/ text Marketing built in so I could send my clients daily, weekly and monthly specials. There are days that I would love to send out a quick text telling my clients what time slots I have available. This would be soooooo easy since all of their contact info is already in the system. I would also like to see yearly reports and just imagine how great it would be if the accounting software was built right in! All in one place! Now that would make Booker the leader in the industry!

Response from Booker

Denise - Thank you for your review and the detail on why it's working so well for you and your clients. We'll share your feedback with the product team and if there's anything we can do to help, contact support@booker.com. We love hearing that you've cut down on cancellations and no shows! You rock! - The Booker Team

Replied August 2017

Lindsey

Complete Program

I love using Booker because it truly does everything I need it to. Not only is all your customer tracking in one place, I can easily override a schedule, track inventory, check my estheticians clock-in and out times, but all the merchant services and marketing with Frederick is also build in to make it a complete system. If I ever have a question, there are so many way to easily get it answered. Usually if I'm wondering, someone else has been too- so I can find it in the community boards, but if its truly technical, the chat is a quick and convenient way that I can still answer the phone as it rings, because the help line isn't tying up the phones or my hands. Frederick tracks emails, so if a client says they never got a reminder, I can double check that the system did indeed send one and with texts working better, more clients are loving the frequent reminders. Having the app option allows me to track the schedule from home also. Truly, I've looked at other software programs, but they just can't stand up to what Booker is able to do. Booker is just faster, easier, sleeker, and more intelligent.

Pros

Integration of scheduling, merchant services, marketing, reporting. Everything I need in one place to run the business. I don't have to import or export information to run reports or go through multiple programs to send out reminder texts, ring up a client to check out, and check hours worked by employees.

Cons

There are a few things that the system just doesn't do intelligently where I have to override certain scheduling rules (Example: if an appointment was scheduled in room 2 with one girl, and i want to change it to another girl, it will not automatically switch it to room one. It will just say it isn't available.) So I have to go through round-about ways to override it to get it done, but those are just nit-picking.

Response from Booker

Thank you for your detailed feedback Lindsey. We appreciate it and are so happy that Booker is working well for you and your business. You rock! Thank you for using Booker! - The Booker Team

Replied February 2017