• icon"Housecall Pro helps facilitate the scheduling, dispatching and invoicing of all our customers. Easy to use and it is nice to have a data base, historical record of each customer to easily go back to."
  • icon"I like ease of use, price and the great customer service & support. I had looked at & tried other software but this one fit all of my needs."
  • icon"I love the email automation. I set up follow up emails to customers after a certain amount of time and the return has been awesome."
  • icon"No real problems but the interface is kind of boring. But that is just being nitpicky."
  • icon"Users on Facebook complained the software lags and cannot find customers in database for 5 minutes because of the the large number of customers in their system."
  • icon"When the system goes down we are lost until it comes back up. This has only happened a few times in the last few years though."

All Housecall Pro Reviews

1-25 of 2,632 Reviews

Great Product!

CRAZY! how I ever managed without it. My life as a business owner was forever simplified by this on decision. Great Job Guys! Really, I mean it.

Pros

I appreciate the customer support team, always ready to improve. The pro vote feature is ingenious, I have seen several of my personal pro-votes come to fruition.

Cons

The name. When interacting with clients the name "HouseCall pro" is limiting this amazing product to residential service calls, when in fact it is so much more. I had to modify a few internal processes, but I've managed 2 and 3 month projects from 1 invoice allowing Change Orders to bill out as segments. the name should be revised, considering something more wild. Service Titan had the right idea on the wrong product.

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

A friend of mine who opened an HVAC company the same time I opened my company sold me on the idea of sharing leads through the software. I went for a test drive the first month and was sold after interacting with the customer support team. OMG everyone is awesome! If Chick-Fila and Home Depot had a baby. Stellar Customer Service Model...

Rosemary

October 2022

HouseCall Pro

Pros

I love that I can do almost everything with this software. It has helped our company grow and I love that we are able to grow with HouseCall Pro.

Cons

I would really like to have inventory management available and I do not like working with Stripe for the payment processing. I am however, glad that they are starting to allow payroll though.

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

The Price, the ease of use, and features.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Because HouseCall Pro has more features available that I needed to be able to utilize such as maintenance plans and GPS tracking.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Rosemary, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Replied November 2022

Jonny

July 2022

Beginner Pro

So far its been great (I'm still on the trial) and customer serviced has been excellent in answering my questions

Pros

the scheduled, on my way, and finished features

Cons

I know there is a window of time up to 4 hours, but it would be nice to let a customer know they are scheduled for a day without giving them a time. I also don't see appointment reminders for "big jobs" that are set for all day and are potentially scheduled up to six months ahead. Should be Scheduled, a one week reminder and a one day reminder at a minimum

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

I've only looked in passing, but all the other programs are to expensive for a small business

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

it added an additional step to the busy process of booking customers without removing other steps. ie: integration with QBO

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Jonny S, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is very valuable to us. We would love the opportunity to speak with you to learn more about your experience. If you're open to discussing further, please send us an email at the address provided. Thank you again.

Replied August 2022

Janet

March 2022

I Love HCP !!

Everyone that I've spoken to so far has been wonderful. All of my onboarding specialist have been especially fantastic. I have been extremely pleased so far.

Pros

I'm a new user but I love the dashboard where everything is very visible, scheduling is easy and Invoicing is a breeze... I LOVE IT !!

Cons

Just being a new user and getting used to the system

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

Because you came highly recommended from a friend that is also in the industry and she's super happy with your services. I talked to my boss about it for a year and we finally did an online tutorial and we both loved it. We called you the very next day and signed up !!

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Too expensive per user and quite frankly, Housecall Pro does the exact same things and even better.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Janet, thank you for leaving us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro.

Orville Davis,

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great ERP system for small businesses especially in Service industries

I love Housecall Pro

Pros

I love that I can do everything in one spot. Employees can clock in, jobs can be scheduled. Dashboards are present to view performance, and credit processing is easy.

Cons

A bit expensive per month but it definitely has a lot of features. Every now and then it will have some bugs but easily fixed.

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

The sales team was very informative and not pressuring.

November 2022

good for very small business les than 5 employees

Better than using paper. Scheduling is best feature and better than other tools in the market (as it exists today). Contracting, invoicing, estimating, are only for a very small company. Editing is almost impossible.Changes are made with no advance knowledge. The data importing team (material list and customer list) are wonderful. Interface to quickbooks is not closed loop and is a mess.

Pros

HCP has a good scheduling function as it is easy to see a week and move resources around easily. It needs a rolling week versus a static Monday to Friday that is currently deployed. The current scheduling feature is HCP's best feature. Hopefully they will not change it and emulate other software firms that have absolutely poor scheduling functions

Cons

Impossible to use HCP to create contracts that are legally binding. Must use docuSign or another application. Invoicing cannot be customized. It is line items based and cannot be summarized. You cannot customize messaging, and invoices end up being most frustrating for customers on big multiday jobs. You cannot create and save your invoice letters. Integration with Quickbooks is a daily challenge, search function is truly a problem with the new release, there is no logic to how jobs and estimates are stored in hcp, hcp calls "jobs" invoices. Imagine getting an hcp "invoice" before the job has even started very confusing to customers and employees until you get used to it. this is for a tiny business or for a team who has no software experience.

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

Price and scheduling. If other software tools had equivalent scheduling tool we would likely change software, however, scheduling is one of the most important workflows in a service business.

August 2022

Meh

It has always been MEH.....But after today I am heavily looking at getting far far FARRRR AWAY from this company!!!!! They have no care or concerns for their customers, or providing a functioning product.

Pros

Its okay, but definately not great. They spend alot of time upgrading features that have little use, meanwhile leaving important features with critical issues unresolved. (like automatic late fees, and changing customers name in invoice if you accidentally have the wrong one in field).

Cons

CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!! Absolutely the worst! If you like to hire companies that will treat you like a human being this isnt it. We had to close our bank account after being hacked, and open another one for our protection. (According to the bank). I realized I had no number for housecall pro and could not call them. I could not update my account, resulting in loss of customers since they would not be able to pay by credit card since we couldnt easily manage connecting our new account. The lady who called was unbelieveably rude! when I told her that I lost customers because we couldnt bill them because of their system issues, she said "well thats your perception"....ummmm,,, no, reality. And she was obviously 20 with a righteous attitude who feels that she is above all else. Just disgusting attitude. It made me realize that I could not believe I have paid and supported this company who fails to properly train employees in customer service.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

I thought this would would make my job easier

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review, your feedback is very valuable to us. We would love the opportunity to speak with you to learn more about your experience. If you're open to discussing further, please send us an email at the address provided. Thank you again.

Replied August 2022

karen

June 2022

What were they thinking?!?

Used to be a big supporter. Now feel betrayed. This experience is moving me to look for other solutions. Moving will be a giant expense in time and training and data movement....but i have to work with partners i can trust and believe in. HCP is no longer that partner...I can see that now. Very disappointed. If you plan to grow to more than 5 employees - this is not the solution for you based on their current predatory pricing plan.

Pros

Good product- does what it is supposed to do. You can schedule jobs, invoice customers, and develop a nice database of what you did with each customer. It has limitations and its share of glitches Support is mediocre but it is available. I've been a fan for a long time and have brought a number of businesses over to use their software. No more though.

Cons

If you grow from 5 to 6 employees watch out - its time to move to another software provider in my opinion. The pricing plan allows up to 5 employees for 1 set price. Keep in mind one of those 5 employees is your office staff so you really only get 4 field techs. If you add the 6th employee your HCP monthly price more than doubles the entire cost of the plan. There is now no longer a way to add 1 employee to their mid-tier plan - you have to move to the high tier plan. You can purchase 2 of the mid tier plans for less than the price of their high tier plan - this is just so ill-conceived! Last year we were able to add 1 additional employee for just a set fee per employee which was very reasonable. WHen that employee quit we were back down to 5...so were unaware that in June 2022 they made this change wiping out the ability to add an incremental employee without having to jump to the next tier. I am gobsmacked by how wrong of move this was on their part. The whole point of this software is helping you to grow your business - but apparently as soon as you do grow boy do they punish you for it! Additionally their search function for the "pricebook" leaves a lot to be desired. If you type in a keyword like "flange" and you have multiple items with that keyword in the description you expect all of the items with that keyword to appear. It doesn't. Only some do. No rhyme or reason to it. Uploading photos from field is dodgy and slow. Reports availble are not reliable or accurate

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Karen, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Replied June 2022

Ausrin

April 2022

Drastically falling apart for long term user!

6 years ago it was good and slowly it has become more of a pathetic program based on the value for your dollar as a small business owner. The customer support is the worst in any company that I have ever seen. The longer your with them the worse you will be treated. If you do not upgrade with the growing cost of the company. You will be left behind on there older model app. Small business owners do not need all the bells and whistles what they need is a strong customer support system. Customer support is through a text messaging system. As a SBO one must do several jobs functions and can not wait for a text response. This is the now some people need answers ASAP. If we treated our customers the way HCP treated us. We would not be in business. For a company like HCP they need to be looking at customer reports and not so much of there monetary value of how much they can make from the consumer. Since I left them and closed my account they are randomly charging me $10 a month. Now they can not figure out how to stop the charge because no direct line to communicate the issue. So now I have to call my bank and charge back for unauthorized charges. Currently moved over to Jobber a little behind HCP but half the price. HCP quote should be: “if you want the best we will make you pay for it! We will offer you crap options for customer service support!”

Pros

Overall I use to like it 6 years ago and now it is crap.

Cons

Customer support is by far the worst. Price point is horrible too.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Austin, thank you for leaving a review, your feedback is very valuable to us. We would love the opportunity to speak with you to learn more about your experience. If you're open to discussing further, please send us an email at the address provided. Thank you again - Justin Baugh

Tim

Great value and great software

Came from using a different more expensive software and this program is cheaper and easier to use with basically all the same features

Pros

Love how easy this software was to learn and use on a daily basis.

Cons

Wish there was a way to add videos to customer file but that’s only issue I’ve had

Price point

Joe

Worst Business Software I have ever used

Horrible, expensive and a waste of time

Pros

Nothing. It's horrible software All the functions sound great and useful but software straight does not function. Super glitchy and saved invoices just disappear. Customer service told me I manually deleted missing item that I did not delete and offered no solution to thousands of dollars of missing billable work

Cons

Everything. It's horrible software All the functions sound great and useful but software straight does not function. Super glitchy and saved invoices just disappear. Customer service told me I manually deleted missing item that I did not delete and offered no solution to thousands of dollars of missing billable work

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

Better features. (But none of them actually work)

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Soho is great and house all sucks

Derek

October 2022

HVAC business

Pros

It's relatively easy to use. I can schedule an estimate, then convert it to a job once approved, send the invoice and even take payments through the website/app

Cons

The online scheduling option seems like it could be a good feature, but our company doesn't use it much and the times we have used it, the emails just got lost or customers selected the wrong responses which led to confusion. Scheduling a job that takes multiple days is also a bit of a nuisance. We switched from Jobber, and they were so easy to schedule a multiple day job.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Jobber was lacking some features that HCP had. Jobber also had some good features that HCP does not. In the end, the pros outweighed the cons and we made the switch.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Derek, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Replied November 2022

May 2022

The Best For Less

Outstanding product that has allowed our business to flourish as a top certified partner, providing a valuable scheduling key to our business model.

Pros

Houscall Pro offers the power and packaging of a large CRM/FSM at a fraction of the price point. No crazy per user rates, no wild addon costs, just packages that are flat rate, affordable, and well within the budget of even the smallest home services business.

Cons

Some features when released are generally half finished or in beta when they really need more time to cook, but they are desperate to try and satiate the cravings of their thousands of users

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Way cheaper, way more sensible, way less complex without all the unnecessary bumf

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Andrew, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro. Pro Advocate Team

Jean

Top Choice for Scheduling

Housecall Pro was refreshing to use after searching through many softwares and going through many demos from others. The website is easy to use and doesnt overwhelm users with unnecessary features.

Pros

The aesthetics of the online log in are great, it is not too overwhelming and easy to navigate. Our office admin team loves being able to log in from anywhere and not have to download a software to access it. We also love the ability to generate reports and export them.

Cons

We would like to see a feature to track parts ordered and inventory.

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

Housecall Pro offered better customer support and service. The features were exactly what we were looking for. The trial went smoothly and after reviewing many different alternatives we concluded this would suit our needs the best.

Reasons for switching to Housecall Pro

Wintac was used for 20+ years and was ending their service. We needed to find a new system that we would hopefully use for another 20 years or more.

Response from Housecall Pro

Hi Jean, thank you for leaving us a kind review. We really appreciate your rating and value you greatly as a Housecall Pro.

Matthew

How To With Housecall Pro

Keeping track of many calls and its ease of mixing with other platforms

Pros

Ease of use and accurate information exchanges.

Cons

1.) EACH TECH should be able to see their route for the day on a map to make better adjustment to drive time 2.) Search function for completed jobs for client with many address has no search magnifying glass to search by typing, have to search by looking at every address 4.) Six hour window option would be nice 5.) No inventory management for truck stock built in. 6.) Pause feature for jobs waiting on parts, separate from only unscheduled

Reasons for choosing Housecall Pro

Better service and most user friendly

Dorina