Browse Mangomint Reviews

Carly from The Deep Tissue Spa

Industry: Alternative Medicine

I am a raving fan of this software

Mangomint has helped me get a clearer picture of my individual staff members' performance as well as the business overall. The payroll reporting has saved me literal hours of my life. I love all of the reports they have to help me get a better handle on my business. I love that they integrate with so many other business solutions as well, so if they don't directly solve my problem they make it really easy to find another app to connect to.

Pros

I researched dozens of spa scheduling software products and found them all lacking in different ways. The level to which I have control over my system is amazing. Their system integrates with any tool I need to use in my business seamlessly. The reporting is unparalleled and gives me great insight into my business. I'm saving a ton in credit card processing fees through the mangomint pay integration (flat 2%). They have a real point of sale system for retail that is capable of inventory management. Really fine tuned controls for staff services and availability. It's just wonderful. Better than any other software I've tried. The customer service is OUTSTANDING as well, there is a live person behind their chat feature pretty much 24/7. Any question I have ever had was handled promptly and in a friendly manner. I've spoken personally with the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] a number of times. This is a company who really truly cares about their customers. I feel that they are invested in my growth as a spa owner and go the extra mile to help me reach my goals. It is a start-up company and they are constantly adding new features. The UI for both the spa end and the customer facing online booking are gorgeous and minimalistic - very clear to read and well thought-out.

Cons

I honestly have zero complaints whatsoever.

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

I found that each of them lacked in some critical area that I was looking for. Mangomint met all of my requirements and then some.

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

Massagebook was a nightmare and lacked in so many areas it's hard to quantify.

Response from Mangomint

Replied January 2021

Thank you Carly for such a great review. We will continue to make the product even better for you and please let us know if you need anything!

Eric from The Hicks Group, LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

December 2021

Mangomint was the best decision we've made for our practice!

From the moment I started evaluating Mangomint for our company, it's been a great experience. Setting up and implementing was easy and intuitive. Support has been first class! I haven't needed much support, but when I did, I got immediate help through their chat and they handled all my needs within minutes.

Pros

Mangomint is so intuitive, we barely had to train any of our therapists! They just flawlessly figured out how to use it right away. The user-interface is great, simple, and easy to use. It solved the scheduling and billing/invoicing problem that we had. We needed an easy-to-use solution that included scheduling and billing and Mangomint delivered!

Cons

I understand having to balance ease-of-use with flexibility. Most products I evaluated had a lot of "bloat"... too many features that I'd never use, and that just turned me off. Mangomint hits all the important functions and keeps it simple to use. The only thing I'd desire in Mangomint is more flexibility in the reporting module, maybe with some custom reporting generation. It's by no means a deal breaker though. I can get everything I need.

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

Mangomint was straight-forward, intuitive, and easy to use. SimplePractice had so much feature bloat that it turned me off. I needed a specific solution, and Mangomint checked all the boxes.

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

We needed a single solution to handle our client database, scheduling, and billing/invoicing processes.

Shelby from Freebirds salon

Hair artist review

Pretty happy

Pros

The ease of booking a client issuing quick book securing the credit card for the cancellation policy.

Cons

It freezes a lot! I’m sure it em could be a phone thing.

I moved salons

Ghesal from Lashfab

Finally found Mangomint

I am no longer frustrated on a daily basis with the appointment and payment software we use. Having a feature-for-feature mobile app lets us work and not feel tied down to a front desk computer screen. For a smaller-salon owner this is really important.

Pros

Online booking and client interaction is top notch.

Cons

Memberships have had some features added, we’d love to see some really easy to use membership controls. I’m sure it’s on the roadmap.

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

All of them have deal-breakers. No other company responded to our feature requests. I’ve had a few questions this year when using Mangomint, I got a reply in less than 4 minutes every single time. Every question was answered and all feedback was actually listened to. The founder/CEO Daniel is involved in every decision and has a good sense of what features to add and which would turn the platform into a usability nightmare.

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

Mobile app experience and lack of new features with price increases always made us feel less important than the big salons they cater to. Boulevard isn’t made for a small salon, it’s made for huge salons that don’t care about mobile apps that work. Mangomint filled the void they left.

Mack from yello

Mangomint was the Clear Winner when Researching Salon Software

A quick, convenient and enjoyable booking experience for clients is our highest priority as a hair salon. Mangomint does all the heavy lifting with seamless website integration, custom branding, appointment notifications, payment processing, and unbelievable new features that continue to roll out and make our lives even easier.

Pros

The interface is clean and beautiful which oddly doesn't exist in any other salon software. We chose Mangomint initially for it's ability to handle payments for our hair salon that has both booth renters and commission stylists in which Mangomint allows all our stylists to use the same payment processor and routes payments to booth renters' individual bank accounts without ever hitting ours. They continue to impress us with features that make our life and the client's experience so simple and easy.

Cons

Initially I was concerned about the third party payment processor, but back in February of 2021 they upgraded this entirely to Mangomint Pay and it has been a game changer. No more concerns, we couldn't be happier with this update.

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

Coming from retail, I saw Mangomint as the Shopify of the salon industry. Once I discovered Mangomint there was no debate. They offer everything you need for a hair salon software including and amazing client experience which is critical for our brand.

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

Vagaro's user experience wasn't great and too slow of a load time for online booking.

December 2021

Sarah from Cape Cod Nail Co.

December 2021

Couldn’t run my business without it

I’ll never use another software.

Pros

Mangomint has been a seamless front and back end experience for our team and clients. It has been essential to not only navigating through opening during covid but grow our business as well. Our clients love the online booking, self check-in and checkout, and text reminders. It’s simple and clean to use and look at. Their customer service team is SO responsive, friendly, and helpful. They also save me a ton of time and headache with Shopify inventory integration.

Cons

My only complaint is a missing group booking option. The MangoMint team is always updating, improving, and adding features. I’m confident they’ll add group booking (hopefully soon!). A cancellation list feature would also help but I think that’s in the near future too!

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

The Shopify integration was definitely the driver but MangoMint is also the cleanest looking and minimalistic salon software I’ve seen. It’s easier to use and their customer service team is great.

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

Shopify inventory integration and MangoMint’s superior customer service.

Jenni from The Wordsmith Salon + Spa

December 2021

One of the best choices I’ve made for my business

Having used other software with other businesses I am confident that I made the best choice possible by opting for Mangomint. I have never used a booking software that’s so clean, efficient, and intuitive. They are always innovating and seem to be a step ahead. Their customer service is some of the best I’ve experienced. We started out our business strong, in the middle of the pandemic and I attribute a big part of our success from the beginning to being backed by such a solid software and team.

Pros

Mangomint has an extremely easy interface for the number of features provided. Customer support is phenomenal - always kind, knowledgeable, and dedicated. They are extremely innovative in their approach. I have often found if I ever have a suggestion it is usually already in development and when released is better than I could have imagined it. Both my team and our clients love this system.

Cons

I have yet to find a con beyond small things that were often already being addressed.

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

Because it’s better - more functional, complete, but without complexities that drag down the intuitive feel to the interface.

Angie from Purnama Style Lounge

Mangomint For Salon

Love it, have used many different salon softwares over the years and this is hands down the best out there.

Pros

Love this software, I always compare it as going from an old android to a brand new Iphone. Its so simple and easy to use and it looks beautiful!

Cons

There have been a few things missing that i feel could use improvement, such as a waitlist for clients and individualized taxes for Canada. I wish they had Canadian pricing and I do find it very expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

Love the integration with Poynt, sad to see it go

Dawn from Ideal Massage llc

December 2021

Looking for that all in one package. Look no further....

It's been great experience. Everytime I needed something or had a question there was someone there to help out.

Pros

The online booking feature is a total win with our clients. Plus, our staff loves how simple and easy it was to learn.

Cons

Dashboard - I'm sure it's something that will happen.

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

Looking for in all in one system. I was with Schedulicity for 9 years.

December 2021

Jessica from davao hair studio

December 2021

Amazing software for Salons and spas!

Great!

Pros

The customer service is wonderful, very quick to respond and help you resolve. Scheduling and checkout is easy.

Cons

Wish we could separate our 2 locations a little better, products show up in both locations that should only be in one location.

Yvonne from Yvonne Luna Esthetics

Has all the features I need and support is excellent

I love the team at Mangomint! They have been so helpful and patient whenever I've had questions or needed help to set something up.

Pros

Setup was easy and ongoing updates are easy to implement. It is simple and uncomplicated but still offers what I need to run my business efficiently.

Cons

Some features were not available when I first signed up but Mangomint has been open to requests and has implemented some of my top features along the way.

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

Mangomint either had the features I was looking for that others didn't or was willing to add them to the pipeline for future implementation.

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

I was looking for more of an all-in-one solution for booking appointments, managing client profiles, accepting payments and running reports. Mangomint offered all of this without being overwhelming to setup and run on a daily basis.

Jayme from The Grove Salon and Spa

Switched to Mangomint

Our experience has been positive and the switch over from Fresha was made much smoother because Mangomint’s team was extremely helpful through it all!

Pros

We love the check in features for our guests, especially in the time of Covid when you can’t allow too many people waiting inside a salon or spa. You know exactly when your guest has arrived and you can greet them when you’re ready.

Cons

Wish it showed pricing of services in appointment booking notifications. Also Back Bar products should be disabled so they don’t show up in the checkout when searching for products at time of sale.

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

I don’t remember all of the ones we were looking at but settled on Mangomint because it is easy to use, the price point was affordable, the chat option in the app, the help they provided with transferring all of our info over from Fresha to Mangomint.

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

Fresha was charging 20% of every new clients first service. This added up over each month especially with opening a second location. Fresha was gouging us we felt and didn’t explain why very well and we’re not helpful whatsoever.

Response from Mangomint

Replied March 2021

Thank you so much for your review! We love the feedback, we will keep working on making Mangomint the best salon and spa software you've ever used!

Dan from Barbershop lounge

Barbershop lounge

Very satisfied. I have recommended it to others

Pros

Very easy. User friendly. Clients love it. Doesn’t crash. Team is responsive.

Cons

Inability to text clients from software.

I like the team at Mangomint. Easy transfer

Crashed a lot. Out dated

Christina from Cheeks & Co

Amazing Product and Customer Service

Really great, we have recommended them in many Facebook groups and to friends in the industry looking to move providers soon.

Pros

We moved from another large booking platform and researched many different products before taking the leap. We loved the modern product and team, flexibility, as well as the personal customer service. Especially moving from such a large platform that had little to no personalization, MangoMint fit well with or spa's team and we look forward to expanding locations with them as our trusted booking software.

Cons

The company is growing so there are sometimes new features or tiers we were not aware of. For example, we just bumped up a tier because we wanted some extra integrations we didn't know existed. But this isn't really a con because they are not a pushy sales team and are focused on customer service and their product instead, which isn't a problem. Also we were closed for 12 months due to COVID-19 so we would not have been able to jump up until now anyways.

Charles from Alexander Hair Creatives

Mangomint is the heart of my salon company

Mangomint keeps everything so organized and efficient. I really couldn't be happier with it and my staff love it as well.

Pros

We love how modern and clean the software is. Easy to use and the chat support feature is amazing where I can live chat with support anytime I need it. We also love the covid features the software has for guest arrival and check in options.. also a self check out option so they can pay on their phones completely contact free!!

Cons

There are a couple features that I wish it had and I've expressed it to them and they seem very open to exploring the ideas.. which is great to be heard

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

All the reasons I listed above and it came highly recommended by another business owner and actually someone in our industry that I highly respect [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Clay from Atomic Tattoos Tampa Bay

Mangomint for multi location service business

The system functions well and easily and is quick and simple. Even the least tech savvy employees can learn it and use it in no time. It is filled with features that I haven’t mastered but it functions fine as n the level we are using it. We have multiple locations and a large staff and the program makes it easy to process payroll, run reports, and examine how we are doing.

Pros

The product is easy to use and functions well. The learning curve is quick and it is intuitive in its design. It has more features than we currently utilize but I will be exploring the other features and implementing them soon

Cons

I don’t like how the system update in real-time when you made administrative level changes and doesn’t ask you to conform the change. It’s too sleazy to make a mistake like that. I also don’t like that the program can’t set different commission rates on different products. I would prefer to be able to have the commission rate be adjustable from 0-100% or even just have a set dollar amount.

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

The team at mangomint was honest and worked closely with us to get us set up and they were attentive and quick to respond to our questions and concerns.

Peter from Fetal Memories 2D 3D 4D Ultrasound

I am a RAVING fan!!!

The President on down to the customer service rep is extremely knowledgeable about the intricate details of the software application. No question has ever done unanswered by the great people at Mangomint!

Pros

I really appreciated the ease of use where customer scheduling (In-house AND consumer) and Ultrasound Tech Schedules interplay seemlessly. The accounting for payment to contractors and payment tracking for reciepts is so accurate. The reporting is excellent.

Cons

I am a detail NUT. I always like more details. The great this about their service is that management welcomes input about how to better serve the end user.

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

I choose Mangomint because of the intergrated scheduling, appointment management, revenue tracking, payroll tracking, and data record managment. It is a superior products to all others researched on the market.

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

We needed a product that would save time tracking appointments, revenue and payroll.

Response from Mangomint

Replied March 2021

Thank you so much for this kind review! We are so happy you are happy.

Nicole from Savvy Skin Spa

Solid software

Very responsive with help and open to changes.

Pros

User friendly for clients, reminders and text work well and decrease no shows.

Cons

Does not keep accounting for gift certificate. Doesn’t show snap shot of all money gross from Service, tips, retail, retention, retail to service % all in one view like Clientrack. Need wait list for Clients to add themselves to.

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

Needed cloud based service and didn’t want two products. Was using genbooks too.

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

They didn’t move to cloud, Clientrack

marisa from FREEBIRDS Salon

Mangomint review

I overall really like the product

Pros

Very user friendly on the salon end and also the client side of things

Cons

It’s pretty expensive compared to other systems

More options

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

More customizable for individual stylists

Desiree from Salon Soleil

What a blessing this has been for my business

Mangomint's attention to detail is superb. They not only offer great customer assistance but genuine care for their clients.

Pros

Very versatile software. The Mangomint team assisted us to customize the software for our growing business. The system is so easy to learn, my entire team loves it.

Cons

I wish I could track clients referrals in the system. Either from other clients or from websites.

Monica from Glow Laser and Beauty

Med spa software

I came on very early in their launch and have enjoyed watching them grow. They are very open to new ideas and features to improve their software.

Pros

The ease of working with the staff when a new feature is implemented. They are very responsive and listen to your needs.

Cons

There's not much that I've not liked about the software.

Too bulky and expensive

Nicole from Tailored Salon

Best Salon Software

Pros

The look and how easy for customers it is to use.

Cons

Ordering to wholesale accounts could be a lot easier.

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

Because they seemed the most seem less

Jason from The Compound Salon

Best system we ever had!

All of the salon is on it

Pros

We used STX and a computer. Now everything is on the internet. So much easier, our clients love the new online booking. Payment at reception is great too!

Cons

It doesn't connect google calendar for my personal calendar

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

Much easier to use, and looks better!

Sia from Hive Salon

Great

Pros

Easy to use , mobile app makes life easier to work from anywhere.

Cons

Freezes, scanning problems, checking out clients takes longer than expected.

It was easygoing

Response from Mangomint

Replied March 2021

We really appreciate this review! We'd love to discuss more about what you've been experiencing. We'll be in touch!

Stephanie from Sundrops Nail Spot

Mangomint Review

Overall it has been good, the customer support is very good. The financial reports are lacking a lot. Overall, they seem responsive with feedback

Pros

I like the ease of use of the software, it is user friendly

Cons

The software does not have adequate reports for bookkeeping and the employee scheduling could be more detailed. I would also like to see some more security. Security settings for gift cards and register discounts.

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

I liked how they were selling the product and seemed open to growing the software

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

Fees for merchant services, being locked it with their approved merchant services.

Response from Mangomint

Replied March 2021

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate your feedback and look to continue to work together to improve our reporting.

Brenna from The Hicks Group

December 2021

Best decision for our business

It streamlined our client management, our billing, and our scheduling!

Pros

This is the best software! We love it. It is so easy to use, easy to integrate, and easy to train staff.

Cons

We were not aware of the scope of products and options, and have not been fully utilizing all of the features.

better features, less complicated

Edison from Floreana Nails

Floreana Nails - Mangomint Review

Mangomint has proven to be the most important software/product for Floreana Nails. Everything about the product, client service, interface is exceptional. Mangomint is the clear leader in this space and I would go above and beyond to recommend this product to any business owner.

Pros

The Mangomint interface but the customer service is astounding. The software is essential for any spa-salon business.

Cons

Nothing. Everything about Mangomint is essential and has utility.

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

Quality, simplicity, pricing, customer service. No regrets using Mangomint. Everything about the product has been exceptional since day 1.

Michelle from Brows by Michelle

Best Booking System out there!

Mangomint changed my life. I used to spend so much time back and forth with my clients on scheduling. Mangomint has eliminated that problem and also made everything so easy for my business. I have everything in one place from calendar / schedule management, client information, SMS / email reminders (which is SO important!) and payments. Their customer service is amazing and is always reachable if I come across any issues. Thank you Mangomint!

Pros

A very user friendly software for small business owners like me. My main attraction to the software was the ease of online booking. This added so much value to my salon.

Cons

I wish they can add a place where my clients can leave reviews for the service they received.

Seth from Piel.

A Significant Player In The Salon & Spa Industry Scheduling

I fricken love Mangomint. I have NO plans on switching softwares!

Pros

For me, what made me switch was the chat feature to contact support. I can’t tell you how many questions I’ve had that pop into my head, I can send them a quick chat message and they’ll get back to me asap! Customer support is TOP NOTCH!

Cons

I would like either more controls over auto responders OR more integrations with auto responders companies.

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

It was presented to me as I was switching over merchant accounts. I demoed it for a few days but what made me 100% sure I was switching? The chat feature to support.

December 2021

Angela from Le salon by angela k

Great salon software

Helpful and easy to use

Pros

Easy to use, great customer service, everything I need as salon owner.

Cons

I like the system, if I have a problem w anything they have a solution.

Alonia from The Lab A Salon

The Love For Mangomint

Awesome overall. Always have been helped and showed me everything I needed to know

Pros

This system is very easy to use for both manager, and stylists

Cons

Absolutely love everything, wish we could do payroll through here

Madison from The Lab A Salon

December 2021

So thankful we use this!

Pros

I love how easy it is to learn/train new employees on this software. Everything is very straight-forward.

Cons

Occasionally we have had clients claim they never received any automated texts/emails.

Reid from Wax Candy

Good for the Salon Business

We were using a paper schedule because we’ve had too many problems with software in the past while working at other salons. I’ve been delighted with Mangomint though. Scheduling is much smoother and payroll is much easier. The system even automatically sends clients a reminder text which helps so much. It’s also wonderful to be able to adjust the schedule from home if a staff member calls in sick or needs to change their schedule.

Pros

I love that all staff can access the schedule from any device that has WiFi. Customer service is excellent. Someone (who knows what they’re doing) always responds promptly when I send a message looking for help. We’ve cut down on paper usage and our work load at the front desk.

Cons

I use an iPad for scheduling and when I update a client’s information, I have to turn the iPad to the side to access the SAVE button. I’m not sure if this is exclusively an issue on mobile devices... I don’t have a computer.

Susan from Hair on Earth

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Switching to Mangomint

We were never confident in our old system to offer online scheduling. It is a breeze now!

Pros

The look and ease of the software. It is streamlined and very user friendly and has everything we need to proficiently run our mid size hair salon.

Cons

I had to update my cc processing system to a more expensive product

The ease and simplicity

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

Because of tech support lacked horribly and they kept adding components to improve, but only caused headaches.

Kayci from The Lab A Salon

Love Mangomint!

Pros

Ease of use, professional appealing look

Cons

There is nothing I have come across that I do not like.

Jack from Atomic Tattoos

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Great

Pros

Great software, excellent customer support

Cons

More expensive than other systems we have used in the past but far superior

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

Tattoo pro people were terrible to deal with and the program didn't work well

Reasons for Switching to Mangomint

Support of paperless release forms

Rebecca from Dulce Vida Salon

Happy to Help

I haven’t had any negative issues with Mangomint.

Pros

I like how easy it is to learn and operate.

Cons

I wish the online booking had more detailed descriptions to help clients choose their appointments better.

Glitches

Corinne from Cheeks & Co

I love Mangomint

Personally I love using Mangomint and it makes my day so much easier.

Pros

Mangomint is easy to use and very intuitive when learning. It keeps everything in one place and something I don't think our business can live without.

Cons

The only thing I wish is that Mangomint's calendar would sync with our Classpass calendar.

Chloe from Mermaid Hair

Mangomint review

The people are very friendly. I think they do a wonderful job.

Pros

It’s easy to use. It does the things I need it to do.

Cons

The price, I don’t like the new Mangomint pay. Online booking gets messed up often as well.

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

Mangomint was nicer looking other softwares just had too much going on.

jessica from Petaluma Hair Company

Love mangomint

Customer service is excellent and always easily available.

Pros

Ease of use. Customer integrations. Self check in.

Cons

I would like to be able to open my cash drawer from the software.

Darlene from Expitrans Inc

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with Mangomint

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very helpful via chat and email, also sent me great contacts for a Poynt contact. Thank you again!!!!

Cons

Integrations with other apps and equipment

Trena from Relax Station Spa

AMAZING support

By far best customer service I have ever received

Pros

This software is super easy to use and the support from the personnel you get on a daily basis is amazing I’m a new business owner and they have been so responsive and supportive! It’s been a way beyond my expectations!!

Cons

Integration was easy and I have had the best experience Would recommend over and over again

Reasons for Choosing Mangomint

Membership platform and overall smooth system to deal with when managing a spa