Browse Mend Reviews

Incredibly Impressed

Really impressed. I will recommend this to all colleagues. Everything has been so incredibly easy to access all of our patients who fill out the paperwork complement on the ease of the system.

Pros

We are able to add surveys for our patients to take which has been tremendously helpful in our assessment process. Getting the scores for the surveys is also tremendously easy.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

Abbie from Legacy Health

A Telehealth Video Visit platform that works!

Implementing Mend has been a huge win for our organization, which was struggling with another telehealth platform during the peak of the COVID shutdowns. Mend has been easy for providers and patients to use, making healthcare more accessible, and the service we've received from Mend leadership has been exceptional. We're very happy with our experience!

Pros

Mend is easy for our patients to access, and the Instant Virtual Exam Room function makes it so simple to get a visit link to our patients or their caregivers. In just the few months that we've been using the software, Mend has pushed out several helpful enhancements, like connectivity logging, so we can easily see whether connection issues are on a patient side or our side, and improved Group Visit functionality. Their live chat support model has been fantastic!

Cons

There are a few things we wish were customizable to our organization, that aren't, like the content of certain messages that patients receive, and some demographic fields. We wish it was easier to invite third parties to a video visit further in advance of the visit.

Reasons for Choosing Mend

Mend was designed as a Telehealth platform from the start and felt more appropriate to use in healthcare. They offered live chat support for our staff as well as our patients, which no other platform offered, and they touted an incredibly high connection success rate.

Reasons for Switching to Mend

Previous platform had serious tech infrastructure issues, resulting in numerous unplanned downtimes. Poor vendor communication and inability to meet our business requirements in a timely fashion.

Kathy from Centennial Mental Health Center

Industry: Mental Health Care

MEND is a wonderful addition for client/patient reminders

Pros

The reminders but being able to text a client a personal message and to be able to search a client by first name or part of their name.

Cons

The Check In process does not transfer back to our software fast enough. If our Clinician finished their reports before the check in is back the check in will not show in our software program. I have to manual watch each appointment to catch this.

Reasons for Switching to Mend

I was not involved in the switch but it was a good decision as MEND has multiple features beyond the reminders.

Ashley from Impower

Mostly good.

Pros

I get to create my own schedule, it is cool to talk to clients via webcam, I like that clients can sign forms through it. I like the paint and texting feature.

Cons

It is very slow to schedule appointments and process assessments. Once you select submit or book it takes longer than other websites to load. I do not like how you have to wait after each session scheduled for it to load and go back to the dashboard and then you can click to schedule another appointment. When you upload an assessment it would be cool it if were not two steps, if you could just upload the assessment such as treatment plan when you first assign the assessment rather than having to go back to the dashboard and upload it onto the designated assessment for the specific client. It would be good if it works better with smaller band with or slower internet. Sometimes it makes me log in twice even with correct password, sometimes it starts running my camera when I am not in a session and have not selected to start a session. There are a lot of clients with double names in the system which is frustrating because I have to make sure and select the accurate one, not the one with the fake e-mail. Sometimes people are unable to sign the forms on their cellphones even though we are told they do not have to download it, I have watched them attempt while I am on the call and it does not allow them to click submit or sign.It would be cool if there could be more interactive games the therapist and client could play through Mend together during session.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the feedback, it's great! Using the Rebook or Assessment feature from the Actions menu should make setting up appointments and assigning paperwork simpler. Did you know you can set recurring appointments as well? All of the issues described with the video connection should be fully resolved for you now. If you have any further issues, please let us know and we're happy to help.

Madelyn from BHN

Another new thing?

So easy to use, the Sandbox feature allowed me to 'play' with the program which was most helpful.

Pros

so easy to deploy immediate customer service via chat Sandbox Program for practicing

Cons

It was just one more new thing to worry about learning

Reasons for Switching to Mend

Corporate said this was much easier and more HIPPA compliant

Jennifer from Self-Employed

Mend

My overall experience with Mend was helpful, a lot of other software don't give you the tools to be able to show X-rays and other documents that your doctor would want to share with you.

Pros

Mend is very easy to use when getting into touch with your doctor. I only used this software once to go over my X-rays on my back. I like that you can use this on your computer or your cell phone, makes it very convenient. You have ton's of different chat tools and can video chat with your doctor while going over results.

Cons

The downer of this software is how much is it. I think the price rounds around $100 to $200 bucks which is way to pricey for me, and there's no way I could afford that especially when there is so many different ways over the computer or your cell that you can use to talk to your doctor. My doctor wanted me to use this software to be able to access my X-Rays and see what's going on which is why is was free for me just this once.

Reasons for Switching to Mend

I made sure to switch to Zoom because it's completely free no matter what, and since then I haven't used Mend because we already got to go over my results where he could show me what's going on with my back. Mean while I was grateful for mend because it was simple to be able to see my own X-rays so that we can figure out the next step of where to go from here.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied July 2020

Mend does not charge a patient to use the services. Any patient responsibility is between the patient and the provider. Mend starts at $49 per provider per month.

Rachel from LifeSource, Inc.

Mixed Feelings- Healthcare

We do love our direct customer support rep, but several issues we've had to escalate beyond them have not had a valid response from management. Those include HIPAA issues, state and federal telehealth regulations, business associates agreement concerns, etc. Major compliance (healthcare) issues with this product were not taken seriously. Concerned upper management does not understand relevant regulatory governance enough to ensure product is, and remains, in compliance. If NOT using for healthcare, then it's not a concern as this product works as described and meets needs for non-healthcare organizations.

Pros

End-user experience is great, first level customer support is also wonderful. Meets many of our basic needs and offers a lot more flexibility than other products we've used (of same type). Mend tech team wonderful at making changes as we request them and finding solutions for alternate workflows. Great implementation process.

Cons

Major healthcare compliance concerns and as an organization, we've had to do much of the groundwork to both identify and push to resolve, including educate vendor on why it was a concern. We discovered very serious flaws in patient consent process that indicate Mend does not actually meet multiple federal standards (HIPAA, CMS Regs, and UETA, E-Sign Act) in this area, despite their contract and all business materials clearly stating they do. We brought this to their attention immediately (Feb 2020) and have had a very frustrating path to resolution and are not entirely sure it's resolved still (Sept 2020). Multiple attempts to get, in writing, explanation of issue and resolution (to support our organization as we are liable for this issue in any audit) with no response at all. Very poor communication re: resolving and not much accountability. In addition, reporting functionality is lacking. Only very basic reports can be obtained.

Reasons for Choosing Mend

The practice management/ front office features.

Reasons for Switching to Mend

Better scheduling and EPM options with Mend. Needed more flexibility.

Callie from Here Not There Healthcare

Love this platform.

Pros

easy to use for providers and patients. No complaints.

Cons

no complaints. Love this software.

Reasons for Switching to Mend

ability to resend patient link to visits and reliability.

Jaelynn from MAD Models

Easy Telemedicine Software

Pros

It's easy to log into. It's good for reminding when the next meeting is or easy to schedule with. It's pretty straight forward with its format. I can use to just get into video calls quickly without having to navigate through the app to find the call.

Cons

I will say calls can drop pretty easily. It does not work well if the app is interrupted by an incoming call, you will have to log in and out. The voice function normally drops after being interrupted.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied May 2021

Thank you so much for the review! Some cell phone carriers are not able to support data and voice at the same time. This could be the problem if you can a voice call that is incoming. Please feel free to reach our world class customer service team within second using the Need Help? button anytime. We have tips, tricks, and new configurations to make sure your video stays connected, while maintaining privacy and security.

Laci from OKCIC

Laci P review of MEND

Mend it great when everyone has good service and no interruptions on their phone but it is often very spotty and sensitive to phone activity.

Pros

I appreciated that reminder calls and emails.

Cons

Most of my patients would join in on their phone and if they got a text message/phone call it would boot them out of the call and not allow them to join again.

Karissa from Karissa J Kelley Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

The best option for my needs

Mend is the best platform available for my needs (I've tested Doxy and zoom as well). Most of the "cons" I've experienced are works in progress at Mend. The Mend team is always working to improve and update the platform. I'm excited to see what else they have in store.

Pros

1. Clients do not have to download software. 2. Scheduling appointments with automatic reminders. 3. Alerts when the client signs in for the appointment. 4. Very few audio / visual challenges. 5. Excellent customer service. 6. Mend shows you the strength of both your internet connection and your clients internet connection. 7. When clients join a session, clients must enter same dob as I have listed in their chart before being allowed into the waiting room.

Cons

1. Clients can't sign on without an appointment (like with Doxy) 2. No virtual background option (like with zoom) 3. I wish the settings (mine and what I set for the clients) had more detailed options. 4. I wish I knew the details of what / when Mend sent clients reminders or alerts. For example, I didn't know until clients told me that Mend was sending them daily reminders to test their speed. 5. The platform seems to use more bandwidth than other hipaa compliant platforms as evidenced by increased lagging or delays. 6. No way to hide the thumbnail picture of myself (or for the client to hide their thumbnail image). 7. Clients must be over 18. 8. Mend notifies me at the time of the appointment if the client is in the waiting room. I wish Mend notified me when the client joined regardless of whether they are early, on time, or late. 9. The notifications don't always come to me. 10. It's not always easy to tell if a client is waiting (EG. Their appointment doesn't turn green without refreshing the page).

Reasons for Choosing Mend

HIPAA compliant and Clients don't need to download software

Robert from Nava Health & Vitality

Mend

-Mend overall is a very convenient app with great potential. I'm excited to see Mend continue to progress as our company expands.

Pros

-Allowing us to personalize the app/site to support our company's logo -Tech support is quick to respond and resolve critical issues -The most recent updates appears to offer clearer video and audio

Cons

-The app for the smartphone offers a login feature that doesn't seem to be necessary. Clients are able to open the app and just enter their 6 digit code without having to login first. This confuses some clients. -Idle timeouts that require you to log back in frequently -The syncing between our system and theirs doesn't always update properly. i.e. if an appointment was marked out in our system. During the next cycle, the old appointment will populate into Mend as though it still needs to take place. -The reporting tools could be updated to review certain pieces of information to help our practice run more efficiently.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Thank you for this great feedback. The portal login link within the app is being removed in the next release this month. We're happy to explore more robust integration options to keep the two systems in better synchronization. There are limitations on the EHR side that we are having to work around currently.

Leah from Centennial Mental Health

When It Works, It Works!

Pros

When it works, it is great! If everyone has a high speed internet connection it seems to work, but with some clients living in rural areas, they are not always afforded the opportunity to receive high speed internet.

Cons

Long lag time waiting for patients to load and be able to access. Sometimes the sound cuts out and one side or the other has no audio, other times the video is garbled and distorted.

Reasons for Switching to Mend

Administrators decided to change.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied July 2021

Thank you so much for the review!! In June, 2021 Mend released a major update allowing audio and video to go as low as 30-50 Kbps. That means it can work on 2 and 3G Internet. However, especially is rural areas, we see roaming data connections and patients with very little ability to upload at all. In Rural areas it can be that 10% of patients only average 5-25 Kbps of total upload capacity. That is not enough bandwidth for audio alone. We want to help you help more people. This month, in July, 2021 we're releasing an update that will reduce bandwidth requirements by another 50%. The 15-30 Kbps patient connections should be possible. It's not ideal, but it should be possible. That will give Mend the lowest bandwidth requirements in the industry! We won't stop there. If we can make it work even lower, we will do it. Appreciate your continued use of the platform!

Candice from DocSource

Customizable

Overall I feel that Mend is a good platform and what I love most is that they are always working on continued improvements.

Pros

Mend is always willing to work with us on how to make improvements to the platform or our process to make it easier for our providers, staff, and patients.

Cons

With any tech there will always be glitches and or issues with connectivity. There are certain providers/patients that report issues with loss of video or audio.

Customization and cost

Reasons for Switching to Mend

They discontinued their service.

Rori from Canvas Health

Mend Review

Overall, good, but some recent changes, I do not appreciate.

Pros

Once you learn the steps for entering a patient, scheduling, the system is fairly easy to use and is reliable, for the most part.

Cons

Some clients complain about being able to get on, especially if using their cell phone. Logging on difficulties and occasional difficulties in being able to stay on for an hour are common complaints. I do not like that the cell phone icon was recently moved into a different location, and if it is used to remind a client of their appointment, you can't use it again as it does not populate the phone number. You have to go back to find their phone number. I don't like that change, at all. While it is fairly easy to schedule appointments, multiple steps are needed, such as needing to enter the session length and the provider every time you schedule. If we schedule multiple appointments at a time, streamlining this process would help so that multiple clicks are not necessary.

JANE from Legacy Health

Thank you for helping me get my mic to work from home I was right up against a patient visit and your team, especially Catlin, got it to work. Please make sure to let people know that Chrome is the preferred browser. One employee told me it didn't make a difference and it did make a difference! Thank you for making it so easy to use and patient ease to use as well. The patient connection is always the most difficult in most cases. You platform is super easy for them!

Pros

not applicablerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cons

not applicablerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

LaKeetra from YOUr Center LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Mend has been excellent for our outpatient mental health practice

Pros

The program has been easy to implement and use. We appreciate all of the data for the visits so that we can easily document our video sessions in the event of an audit.

Cons

The program has been great, but has a high up-front cost which could be prohibitive for some. Monthly or quarterly billing could facilitate use.

Reasons for Choosing Mend

The data recorded for visits (connection time, signal reports, etc), easy connection to customer service when needed

Linnette from Impower

User Friendly

AS I mention before I really love the customer service, I had brought an issue before to them and within days it was resolve making my experience better than before.

Pros

Mend is very easy to use and it has an amazing customer service. I have ask questions and ask for the Mend team to help me and they have always been quick to respond and help me with whatever issue I might have.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the clients to be prompt to make their own payments, by inputting their credit or debit cards themselves and if the card is declined then they couldn't proceed to their appointment. However I understand that the Mend team works everyday to improved their software.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it. We can collect the payment during the appointment booking process. We will follow up to gather your feedback and discuss possible options. 2/14/19 - We talked to Linnette and we had the ability to solve the payment problem with our digital forms and come up with a much better workflow to solve the payment issue.

Rannon from Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation

Reoccurring Issues that Never Get Addressed

Unresponsive and overall bad tech. I would not recommend your service to others in behavioral health. I wish so badly we would switch to Zoom or WebEx. I have been begging our director about this since this has all started 6 months ago. I gave your organization grace and was patient due to all that has been going on, but you have made some steep promises that you could handle this. I don't see you stepping up to the plate to address something so basic around reliability that has me rather upset.

Pros

The ease of use and certain functionalities are nice, however they don't always work such as the share your screen function is very hit or miss.

Cons

Since we have started on this venture with your organization I constantly hear negative feedback from my clinical staff of 10 providers that client's get dropped from their group, client's can't login due to the email never getting sent out, and my providers getting removed from the group. It appears that anytime the group size is over 8-10 individuals present the platform implodes and becomes very shaky from a performance standpoint. All of my providers have 14-16 clients each group, so every group gets impacted by this. It's not just one of them. I worry about how long this is going to go on for un-addressed. I hold a staffing every week with my providers and it's the first thing they ask about, "when is Mend going to fix this?" They use the tech support line when they have the time to do it, but usually they have found the feedback is never helpful. My providers are very frustrated and I am quite frankly tired of hearing about it. Please, I beg you look into upgrading your servers, software, or whatever you think would fix this issue. It has gone on far too long. It's a running joke about your service with our client's and it's affecting the way people want to engage in virtual care with us.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied September 2020

Rannon, thank you for the feedback. We have released many changes and we're pushing to get them implemented. We have a new setting to decrease resources needed for large groups. We have feature to dial in people over the phone with poor equipment or connectivity. Offering group capability over the Web was brand new development performed for your organization specifically. We agreed to a date to deliver this brand new feature and then a pandemic happened. We still met our delivery date and no other company or team would have been able to deliver on schedule like we did. We're very proud of that. Any new development during a global pandemic is going to experience some bumps in the road. We appreciate your patience and we're pushing as well to get changes made deployed to everyone.

Sarah from Biotek Labs LLC

My job just got way too easy.

I am able to process everything faster, especially getting signatures from the doctors and patients. I don't have to spend hours uploading paper into my computer- with Mend, its already there.

Pros

I LOVE that my administrative time has been cut down. Because I save so much time with Mend, I have more time to call my patients, see more patients, and process them faster. At the end of the day, medicine is a business, so time is money. Now I can actually do more of what matters; help my patients... and help the business. The Mend customer service team is amazing. I always get an immediate response, and a quick resolution to my question. If there is a complicated issue, they stay in contact with me via email through every step. I never feel forgotten about, or like my questions are pointless. They seem to appreciate the feedback, and work hard to keep us happy.

Cons

There are still a few issues we are working out, but customer service is always quick to resolve them when they come up.

Michelle from (optional)

Just so-so

Overall ok, but could sure be improved w/ features & integration with EHR

Pros

Pretty easy to learn. Generally reliable - and lots of emails if malfunctioning. Has lots of tip sheets. Patients don't have to download an app

Cons

Limited features (e.g., screen share would be nice); not connected to EHR so have to schedule/check out appts in 2 places which is a real hassle.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied May 2021

Michelle, thank you so much for the review! We do have screen share and have had it for long time if you click the screen button while in a video session. You can also connect with our world class service team in seconds using the Need Help? button to get help in seconds with screen share. We also have numerous options for EHR integration as we can connect to the majority of EHRs out there. I am the CEO of Mend, feel free to contact me directly anytime if you need help with the integration or anything else on the platform. matt@mend.com

Isabella from Cielo Claro-Clear Skies Counseling

Branding and professionalism

I have chosen Mend for my group session because they don't limit the amount of clients, it's easily accessible, very minimal dropped sessions even when the client does not have the best connection and/or are rural.

Pros

I like that my clients are able to access the software with minimal steps, no profile, plugin, and or downloads. Also, the "mend" logo/branding creates a professional setting for my agency, my clients appear more at ease knowing that their information is confidential.

Cons

It have encountered some technical issues while in session, the customer services response is slow.

Reasons for Choosing Mend

Mend was able to follow through with what they offer

Reasons for Switching to Mend

Mend appears as a medical level professionalism for my patients

Response from Mend VIP

Replied May 2021

This is Matt McBride, CEO of Mend. I'm grateful for your review, thank you! Our customer service should never be slow. Please feel free to reach me directly at matt@mend.com so we can resolve this for you. We have instant support available for all users, even patients, within seconds.

Carlota from El Rio Health

Commodity in pandemic time

Having a Telehealth appointment is like being at the clinic.

Pros

Regarding the pandemic situation, this is the best option for having an appointment with a Medical Doctor.

Cons

Some patients doesn't have high speed internet and they can't use this software

Response from Mend VIP

Replied July 2021

We really appreciate the review! Mend continues to drive towards requiring the least amount of bandwidth in the industry. Mend now supports connections as low as 20-30k per second for both audio and video. At those speeds, 3G Internet and some 2G cellular Internet connections are now possible! Mend is also releasing a Call Patient phone backup in every visit. Releasing in Sept., 2021 any provider will have the option to place a phone call to the patient's phone number on file from within a Mend video visit. The most productive Telehealth programs in the country run on Mend. Mend helps practices all over the country see more patients!

Cheryl from Family Medicine at Greenhill.

Very positive. Customer support is awesome

Pros

It is easy to use for most patients. It works well and allows our clinicians to see both the patient and their chart at the same time. Additionally our staff is able to trouble shoot any in house problems or issues pretty easily. The schedule works well and is easy to use.

Cons

It does not work on every platform and it is hard to tell which platforms it does and doesn't work on. Many of the patients we would like to target for this program do not have the technology to use this service.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied August 2017

Mend works on any device - desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile and every platform - Windows, Android, Apple, and any other device with an Internet connection. Video works on any device as well that has Chrome, Firefox, IE, Android, or iOS covering 98-99% of the market. Microsoft and Apple are committed to supporting video as well in Edge and Safari.

Bethany from Hearten Studio

Good product

My overall experience with Mend has been great! I am able to see clients from all over the country. No matter if I am traveling or at a different office, I am able to have full therapy sessions.

Pros

The thing I love most about this product is how easy it is for clients to use to connect with me for sessions. It runs really well.

Cons

You do need to have a strong internet connection for it work really well. This can be pretty frustrating when you don't or strong internet is not available in certain areas of the country.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied December 2018

Thank you for the review, we appreciate it! We have major performance improvements to video releasing the first week of the new year (Jan. '19). Video will require even less bandwidth and we'll have better support for group video sessions. There will also be a new design to make it even easier to use.

Scott from Zoom+Care

A useful tool for video communications with a few flaws

It's alright. Having to make a profile for each patient that schedules a video visit is a pain in the butt, I want there to be some way for the patient to create their own account, or a way to seamlessly transfer our EMR information to create a mend account without wasting all this time copy/pasting patient info.

Pros

Easy to register patients into the system, patients can confirm that their tech works prior to the appointment.

Cons

we have no automated software to link mend to our EMR, so every mend patient must be added manually. A little frustrating, especially if someone makes a last minute video visit and we have to stop what were doing to add them into mend real fast before their appointment start time. There is also no feedback that the patient database is being queried when you search for it, so it's hard to tell if there are no users with that name, or if the database hasn't finished it's search yet. I often times end up making duplicate patient profiles just because I think the patient is not in the system when they are, the database was just slow to show me that. The speed in which search query finishes varies between half a second to almost 10 seconds. Add one of those spinning "searching" icons so I know it's still searching.

Megan from CNMC

Mend Review

Works pretty well overall. Some patient have trouble if they need to show something and flip their camera around.

Pros

Easy to use, pretty good picture and sound quality.

Cons

Can't do throat exams, light just shines back into the camera. Some people have difficulty getting it set up or using their cameras.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Awesome feedback, thank you! In order to do throat exams you might need something like a Firefly Otoscope. Patients may not always have this available to them. Some smartphones can handle this. The Mend system does adjust automatically on both Android and iOS for closeups. However, relying on the patient to angle the camera and lighting just right could be an issue. Regardless, we will investigate further to see if there is anything we can do here. If we make further changes, we will follow up and let you know.

Simple interface but some adjustment with more complicated functions

I used Mend to work with my clients in scheduling appointments and managing my own billing. It was great for simpler messaging, but a little more difficult when insurance arrangements were complicated. Overall it was a good experience.

Pros

I like the ease of scheduling and sending information to clients. I can see quickly who is having trouble attending appointments and integrating that with my own billing management.

Cons

Some of my clients still have some trouble understanding the software, and I've had to spend some time explaining it to them instead of being able to look it up themselves.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied April 2019

If you direct your patients to our Help button, we respond within 20 seconds and we can help your patients with their first use so you don't have to spend time on that. Also, if you're using our digital forms, why not have a training form to set expectations? You could inform them of policies, include FAQs, discuss any technology, etc. Thank you for the review!

Antonette from Community Medical Services

Audio needs enhancement

Pros

Easy to use, ability to see daily, weekly or monthly

Cons

When you are seeing a patient via the telemed feature, the audio is a poor quality and most of the time you cannot even hear the patient or they cannot hear us. Patient's state that they do nto get their text messages to be reminded of upcoming appointments

Response from Mend VIP

Replied May 2021

Thank you so much for the review!! This is Matt McBride, the CEO of Mend. There is usually a very simple fix and connectivity is priority #1 for Mend. Notifications should always arrive for your patients unless there is some issue we need to resolve. Notifications are critical to connecting patients and we monitor them closely. Please reach me directly. I'd love to learn more about your experience and resolve it quickly. We're passionate about the care that is delivered while using our platform and work relentlessly to try to be the best. My email is matt@mend.com. Please feel free to contact me anytime with any feedback.

Lacey from LifeSource, Inc.

Industry: Mental Health Care

Terrible Experience so far!!!!

Terrible. Worst system I have ever used. Very frustrating to work with the mend team and the software. Extremely slow and slows down my whole day having to wait for the system to load.

Pros

There is nothing much to like. The system and terribly slow and there are a lot of errors that we keep having that the IT team is not fixing or attempts to fix but never solves the issue completely.

Cons

1. Runs extremely slow no matter what wifi connection I am using, or what I am trying to do in the system. Everything is so slow. Most definitely a system error not a connection error. 2. Many features do not work properly. Example: Rebooking option does not rebook patients for the correct time slot. Another example is when I added a credit card to a new patient that I added to the system and scheduled, then I went to check out a completely different patient and the new credit card I entered was linked to the established patients account. 3. Customer service/ IT. Customer services responds back to our requests quickly but nothing is ever solved. If the IT team "solves" an issue we are having it may work one time then will go back to not working properly.. Just like the rebook option. Our company has had many requests to change things up in the system and nothing has been done yet

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We will follow up and see if we can make further adjustments to assist. It is worth noting that during your implementation your scheduling product went out of business. We do not offer Mend as a practice management scheduling system. This review describes an off label use of our product where all the pros and cons were discussed in advance. The way the product is used in this scenario is not something that we actually market and sell.

Heidi from New Directions Northwest, Inc

Industry: Mental Health Care

Very secure and great features!

Mend has been very helpful during the COVID pandemic. As the need for increased access to telehealth platforms occurred, it was such a relief to already have the Mend product and have staff familiar with the telehealth process. I would highly recommend!

Pros

The software is very easy/intuitive to use. The company has made improvements over the past year that are comparable to other products being used for telehealth. As a mental health provider and with COVID 19, the need for telehealth became critical. This platform is secure and I love the features that include reminding clients of appointments and reminding them that assessments or other documents need to be completed!

Cons

One aspect of the software that is more cumbersome than other platforms in that you are required to enter each client into the system individually rather than having a simple link that can be shared with the client without having to enter each unique client's information into the system. However, this is only a minimal amount of time/effort required to do so.

Vicki from Carolina Partners in Mental Health

MEND SOFTWARE REVIEW

Overall it has been helpful to see clients who are unable to be seen in persons.

Pros

I like the new telehealth platform for viewing/seeing/meeting with clients I like the new virtual waiting room

Cons

The software is often slow, and takes several seconds to switch between screens (such as when rescheduling with patient while he/she is still online) As well during this interaction it is very hard to tell what is a block or what is an actual appt. Because my organization uses 2platfirms advanced MD and MEND, I often have to look between the 2 calendars which is time consuming. It would be nice if it were more seamless

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Great feedback, appreciate it. Your implementation has a bi-directional interface. You can drop the appointment in Mend or AMD and it shows up in the other system in real-time. We'll follow up and address your concerns.

Elliott from Housing Works Inc.

Not Something I Would Recommend

Constant interruptions during mid-session. Most sessions video calls get completely cut off. On the extremely rare occasion the call doesn't get cut off entirely, I usually have an issue with either the audio or the video (hearing an echo of voices, voice cutting out or lagging, video disappears or being of poor quality)

Pros

I unfortunately do not have any positive feedback about this software, it's terrible.

Cons

Compared to other telehealth services, this software is not stable. It is rare that I have a full session with a client from start to finish without interruption or some form of issue. I often have to use our back up telehealth service Doxy Me which is always more reliable and stable had has significantly less interruptions. If my employer didn't require me to initiate sessions via Mend, I would not use it at all.

Reasons for Switching to Mend

Because my employer required me to. We still use Doxy Me as a back up when Mend crashes. This occurs the majority of my sessions on Mend, it's extremely rare that a Mend session runs smoothly with out interruption. I would not personally make the choice to use Mend, if I was not required to by the agency I work for. Mend has far to many issues, and it creates frustrations for my clients (as well as myself) because of constant interruptions that do not occur when I use Doxy Me as a back up service.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied September 2020

Elliott, we appreciate your time to describe your experience with Mend. We have several options to improve connectivity. Some of the options are as follows: App, Appless, low resource mode, network, firewall, VPN testing, proactive monitoring, and more. We are also the only platform that tracks connectivity data. If you do ever experience an issue in a session, you can go into the Actions menu and review the connection details for the entire session. Lastly, we have a new dialer feature that allows you to connect an unlimited number of phone numbers. This is a fallback option if the patient is unable to connect to video. I'll have some reach out and correct this for you right away.

Erica from Lifesource Inc.

Enjoyable Service

I have really enjoyed Mend for the most part. It has made it great to connect with people no matter their location.

Pros

I enjoy being able to connect with other people from all over. It has a lot of features that make it easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to connect to the video. or the quality of the video is not good.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied May 2021

Thank you so much for your review! We actually just met this week with someone from your organization as we have new configurations not being leveraged to improve video connectivity. Once implemented, we should see improvements. Video connectivity primarily involves Internet connection bandwidth. However, we're working very hard to maintain video connections even when bandwidth is poor. We also have audio fallback and in visit dialer that can be used as a fallback option. Thanks again for the review!!

James from MindPath

Great platform for telehealth

Overall a great tool for for telehealth for behavioral healthcare.

Pros

Very easy to use, reliable, consistent, easy for patients to use

Cons

Occasional drop in connectivity but infrequent and easy to reconnect

Company ownership changed

Shampa from 100167

Very easy to use

So far the experience has been great and I enjoy meeting with my clients from home.

Pros

I like this platform. I am able to communicate with my clients and send them information. I would like to see an easier way to share my desktop for doing worksheets and activities and also see myself during the session. The method to upload information is easy as well.

Cons

I think it would be helpful to see if the client has another appointment coming up and being able to see that on the homepage would help so I don't create a conflicting appointment.

Stevee from Clarity Healthcare

MEND Review

I have been able to cut down patient check in time when checking into their first appointment. They don't have to sit and fill out paperwork before seeing the provider and can do it all on their smart phones in the comfort of their homes. This has also cut down on patients checking in late to their appointments. Overall, I think it has been a great use for our intake team and from what I hear, the providers find if very easy to use as well.

Pros

Although I am not a provider offering services through MEND, I use it often to send registration paperwork to patients. I have experienced a training with MEND and the customer support was excellent and easy to follow. Anytime you have a question, someone responds very quickly. What I like most about the software is how easy it is to navigate and input data.

Cons

I'm being completely honest when I say that I don't have any issues with using MEND for the things I do. The only thing that took a few tries for me to remember was setting up a child under age 18; I had to remind myself to also obtain all parent/guardian information too, such as date of birth. Everything has been smooth sailing other than that.

Carolyn from Carolyn S. Spiro, MD

Great first experience with telemedicine through Mend --wish I could interest more patients.

Pros

It's great that I can use it on computer, tablet and/or iphone. I've used all different modalities and usually find iphone or tablet works great though I do need the computer for complete functionality. The experience is the closest to a life-like face to face call -- there's no time delay and the image is quite stable for the most part. If I use my iphone my patients tell me they see me looking directly at them. I love the fact that when my patients travel or when there are snow days I can still "see" them.

Cons

I wish the experience at my end felt as life-like--meaning, since I'm doing psychotherapy I often feel I don't get to make actual eye contact with my patients -- as if they're either looking slightly downwards (at my image on the screen which is off the camera angle or on the smaller image of themselves.) If I could look directly in their eyes as I would in person and they could look back while both of us looking exactly at each other on screen it would be a much more immediately personal experience. I also don't like the fact that any incoming call disrupts the conversation...

Lars from Community Medical Services

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great Software

My overall experience was satisfactory with guaranteed ease of a work day regarding this matter. ALL IN ALL its a VERY GOOD software.

Pros

This Software allows you to immediately check individuals into a very easy to understand and access database were the Provider on the other end can immediately see that patients appointment time, date, name, DOB, additional comments, etc.. Allowing a very easy work flow as well as client waiting time to decrease and client care increase.

Cons

N/A. I do not have much to say on the opposing side.

Carla from family medicine at greenhill

Overall Mend has been a great addition to our office.

ability to see more patients

Pros

The customer service with Mend is the best. They are available all the time. I never have to log a problem someone is ready to assist as soon as you call or hit the HELP button.

Cons

We have trouble connecting to patients when they are not on wifi. We lose out on at least 1/2 of our visits b/c patients are not connecting on wifi and their cell service is not strong enough to conduct the visit.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied September 2017

The best way to make sure the patient side is flawless is to reinforce that they test prior to each visit. If you can make them test, the patient side always run smooth.

Theresa from Pipe Trades Family Health and Wellness

Learning Curve

It has more challenges for sure than zoom. Transmissions are frequently unclear / cut out. Perhaps Zoom has stronger, wider-ranging connections, not sure. I would say that while there are some things that are good about mend, I don't love it overall.

Pros

I like that mend alerts patients before their appt about the upcoming appt and allows them to prepare themselves and be waiting for the appt to start.

Cons

Connections are often poor, frequently cuts out, sometimes have an echo. I do not like that you have to be near wifi (doesn't always work for our patients) and that there are so many parameters for it to be successful (i.e. have to use safari with iphone but chrome with Macbook - lots of these considtions). I also wish the image of the patient could be minimized so that you can be working on you own emr notes (not in the mend notes) while seeing the patient. I also wish group meetings were easier to access.

Reasons for Switching to Mend

My company made the switch. Thought it provided additional safety measure - more HIPAA compliant.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied September 2020

Theresa, we are so grateful for your feedback. We have several options to improve connectivity. Some of the options are as follows: App, Appless, low resource mode, network, firewall, VPN testing, proactive monitoring, and more. We are also the only platform that tracks connectivity data. If you do ever experience an issue in a session, you can go into the Actions menu and review the connection details for the entire session. Lastly, we have a new dialer feature that allows you to connect an unlimited number of phone numbers. This is a fallback option if the patient is unable to connect to video. Mend is responsive. You can shrink it down to any size so that the majority of your screen is your EHR. On Windows, for example, hit the Windows Key + the Left or Right arrows. That shrinks a screen to 50% and you can make it even smaller. Macs and Smartphones allow for multi-tasking as well like the split scree view described. I'll have some reach out and correct this for you right away.

Melanie from Melanie Lepine

Great platform for telehealth services

Pros

I have been using the software for about a year to conduct video sessions with clients. I very seldom have problems with the connection, and when there is an issue, I appreciate that I can contact IT personnel for help immediately. I also like the ease of scheduling appointments.

Cons

I have only had some issues with the notification system. I had signed up for text alerts, but had to stop those when I began getting several notifications at a time for the same appointment.

Sean from Preferred Family Healthcare/Clarity Healthcare

good system

Great to have for client access and during recent public health scare

Pros

Convenience for clients; customer support was generally good.

Cons

making appointments: too many "clicks" system allows double booking and double listings of clients data plans are not strong enough to use system without wifi

Response from Mend VIP

Replied May 2021

We're so grateful for your review! We have single page booking using the calendar view. You click, attach a patient, and you're done. Feel free to hit the Need Help? button so we can walk you through this. We also have new configurations to allow connections on extremely low bandwidth connections. We are here to help you improve the experience and we have many new features and improvements since the pandemic to help.

BELINDA from Porter Medical Associates

Recommending Mend

Patients love it and it is very convenient

Pros

If your schedule is fully booked you can always offer the patient a telehealth appointment

Cons

The only downfall is when you have patients booked and they cannot connect or the system is down. If it is the patients first time using it, they will refuse to try and use it again

Response from Mend VIP

Replied February 2019

Our uptime and video connection rates remain extremely high at almost 100%. Patients can use the help button where our average response time is currently at 19 seconds if they ever have any issues connecting.

Ashley from UofSC Student Health Services

Mend is great

Pros

I liked most that it was easy to add users to the system whenever needed. Also the implementation team and customer service team were ALWAYS available and willing to help with any changes or issues we needed.

Cons

The scheduling was a little tiresome. There are a lot of steps to add a provider's schedule and then schedule a patient. Also, it was not hooked up to our EHR so everything had to be hand entered.

SUSAN from Gi Care for kids

Mend review

I will definitely not recommend this product, there are many on the market that are much more user friendly and easier to use.

Pros

It is very simple to set up the template.

Cons

The problem is that it is very archaic. The features are very non user friendly. It is difficult to navigate to find a patient, its almost working backwards, instead of present time onwards, its completely backwards. When you are searching for a patient on the schedule, they no longer appear on the list view of the schedule.

Reasons for Choosing Mend

This was the only thing that we could get up and running in the midst of the pandemic, in hte timeframe we needed it running.

Response from Mend VIP

Replied September 2020

Susan, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. You can find things very quickly in Mend. The appointment booking flow starts by searching for a patient. The calendar view allows you to filter and start with availability. Throughout Mend if you locate a patient or an appointment, the Actions menu contains shortcuts to book new appointments or modify appointments. We have Ad-hoc and Instant workflows that require very little effort to make visit happen now or schedule them with lightning speed. The Appointment page allows you to search and locate historical using all kind of patient and appointment data. Finally, we offer the ability to import patients and appointment, setup full bi-directional integration with the EHR/PMS, or even launch patient self-scheduling. Since you had to launch rather quickly, I will have someone follow up to assist.

Decent Program

This is the better of the two programs I've used, with a lot of options, and the Mend team working to make it a user friendly experience.

Pros

Video platform is easy to use, customer service typically provides a quick response.

Cons

Some tasks take multiple steps and wish they could be incorporated to speed the process.

Harry from FourOaksGroup, LLC

Mend

Great experience. Mend services are clearly on strategically important and constructive directions.

Pros

New era information management and communication. Burning need in US Health Care

Cons

Too Physician Practice Oriented. Important opportunity for being more consumer oriented

Peter from MIndPath Care Centers

Effective for Mental Health Clinicians

Pros

Mend saved the practice during the pandemic and although things are improving in the world, I see how Mend will remain a valuable component to providing care to those who are unable to attend office visits.

Cons

There are occasions when patients enter the virtual waiting room without my approval, which does not give time to complete something without feeling rushed.

jennifer from Consumer Services INc

Mend Review

Being able to utilize Telehealth during the covid crisis.

Pros

We were the most excited about being able to share information in real time. Also that it integrated with our current scheduling software.

Cons

The implementation took much longer then we were originally told. We were told by the sales force we would be up and running in a few weeks when it was actually a few months. But the staff and implementation team was really good about answering questions and training.

ADD on features.

Reasons for Switching to Mend

its lack of connectivity and ease of use.