• icon"It's comforting to have this connection to your health care team."
  • icon"Mend tech team wonderful at making changes as we request them and finding solutions for alternate workflows. Great implementation process."
  • icon"I feel it has been fairly intuitive with great icon for clarity and navigation. Mend IT support has been quite helpful as well during a virtual call with a patient."
  • icon"It does not work well if the app is interrupted by an incoming call, you will have to log in and out. The voice function normally drops after being interrupted."
  • icon"Consistent bugs when trying to schedule someone or issues with the service sending the client the wrong code or wrong date for apt."
  • icon"Connections are often poor, frequently cuts out, sometimes have an echo."

Browse all Mend Reviews

• Have you used Mend and would like to share your experience with others?

Julie

Company size: 5,001 - 10,000 employees

MEND Review

Incredibly Impressed

Really impressed. I will recommend this to all colleagues. Everything has been so incredibly easy to access all of our patients who fill out the paperwork complement on the ease of the system.

Pros

We are able to add surveys for our patients to take which has been tremendously helpful in our assessment process. Getting the scores for the surveys is also tremendously easy.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

Mend

My overall experience with Mend was helpful, a lot of other software don't give you the tools to be able to show X-rays and other documents that your doctor would want to share with you.

Pros

Mend is very easy to use when getting into touch with your doctor. I only used this software once to go over my X-rays on my back. I like that you can use this on your computer or your cell phone, makes it very convenient. You have ton's of different chat tools and can video chat with your doctor while going over results.

Cons

The downer of this software is how much is it. I think the price rounds around $100 to $200 bucks which is way to pricey for me, and there's no way I could afford that especially when there is so many different ways over the computer or your cell that you can use to talk to your doctor. My doctor wanted me to use this software to be able to access my X-Rays and see what's going on which is why is was free for me just this once.

Reasons for switching to Mend

I made sure to switch to Zoom because it's completely free no matter what, and since then I haven't used Mend because we already got to go over my results where he could show me what's going on with my back. Mean while I was grateful for mend because it was simple to be able to see my own X-rays so that we can figure out the next step of where to go from here.

Response from Mend VIP

Mend does not charge a patient to use the services. Any patient responsibility is between the patient and the provider. Mend starts at $49 per provider per month.

Replied July 2020

Edgar

Great easy sofwaew

I use it for therapy and doctors visita

Pros

Good and easy to use. Great quality and sound. I would think maybe a bit extra space to see on the screen would be better. Like a full screen when you FaceTime

Cons

Not really much to complain about. Good services

My doctors choice

Penny

Company moved to mend

Frustrating for patients and myself but I have made it work.

Pros

It shows how long you have been in session.

Cons

It is not intuitive and does not make it simple to move appointments or change them.

Reasons for switching to Mend

The company made it. I had no choice .

Chantel

August 2022

Easy to use!!!

Overall, the system is easy to use and very convenient

Pros

I like being able to reach out to the patients through the system. Being able to send text messages through the system almost guarantees the patient will call us back

Cons

Keeping track of the outreach is a bit difficult. Previously, I was trying to find further details on a message I had sent to one of our patients. After speaking with customer service, I learned that the system does not keep track of the messages we send out, only if I could provide a phone number attached to the patient I'm looking for. This didn't help my issue of figuring out which patient I was looking for or keeping track of all the messages I send out.

Alexandria

Good program

Overall good experience with the program.

Pros

The software is user friendly and easy to access additional features. I like being able to add on additional assessments for clients and the ease of being able to access them with the client.

Cons

Updates to the schedule will notify the client every time. An option to notify would be good.

Kateline

November 2022

I like using Mend because it helps me easily connect with my patients and address their needs.

I really like Mend and it is easy to use to help connect with patient who might struggling to have an in-person visit.

Pros

It is easy to use, and the image is excellent. Patients feel it is a great way to be in touch with providers, especially for therapy.

Cons

Not seeing all the features on the software.

Caitlin

Mend: A useful teleheath tool

Pros

accessibility, ease of use for provider and patient, reminders for patients. Great features for video sessions.

Cons

Does not always sync my calendar. The connection can sometimes be spotty, even when all parties' internet connection is stable.

Monique

November 2022

Enjoy MEND, help desk is great!!

Impressed, so easy to learn and navigate.

Pros

Easy to schedule, good video, great online support, anytime!!

Cons

I cannot schedule patients from my phone? Only my computer? Maybe not doing it correctly

Helen

October 2022

Great way to get Remote Telemedicine

It’s a convenient way to connect to much need medical services. Good connection and great reminders to email and text. I would recommend using Mend.

Pros

Easy to install, sign in, and be prepared for sessions with professional. Good sound and picture quality.

Cons

I wish the software would work landscape on my iPhone so my providers face was larger.

Abbie

A Telehealth Video Visit platform that works!

Implementing Mend has been a huge win for our organization, which was struggling with another telehealth platform during the peak of the COVID shutdowns. Mend has been easy for providers and patients to use, making healthcare more accessible, and the service we've received from Mend leadership has been exceptional. We're very happy with our experience!

Pros

Mend is easy for our patients to access, and the Instant Virtual Exam Room function makes it so simple to get a visit link to our patients or their caregivers. In just the few months that we've been using the software, Mend has pushed out several helpful enhancements, like connectivity logging, so we can easily see whether connection issues are on a patient side or our side, and improved Group Visit functionality. Their live chat support model has been fantastic!

Cons

There are a few things we wish were customizable to our organization, that aren't, like the content of certain messages that patients receive, and some demographic fields. We wish it was easier to invite third parties to a video visit further in advance of the visit.

Reasons for choosing Mend

Mend was designed as a Telehealth platform from the start and felt more appropriate to use in healthcare. They offered live chat support for our staff as well as our patients, which no other platform offered, and they touted an incredibly high connection success rate.

Reasons for switching to Mend

Previous platform had serious tech infrastructure issues, resulting in numerous unplanned downtimes. Poor vendor communication and inability to meet our business requirements in a timely fashion.

Karissa

Industry: Mental Health Care

The best option for my needs

Mend is the best platform available for my needs (I've tested Doxy and zoom as well). Most of the "cons" I've experienced are works in progress at Mend. The Mend team is always working to improve and update the platform. I'm excited to see what else they have in store.

Pros

1. Clients do not have to download software. 2. Scheduling appointments with automatic reminders. 3. Alerts when the client signs in for the appointment. 4. Very few audio / visual challenges. 5. Excellent customer service. 6. Mend shows you the strength of both your internet connection and your clients internet connection. 7. When clients join a session, clients must enter same dob as I have listed in their chart before being allowed into the waiting room.

Cons

1. Clients can't sign on without an appointment (like with Doxy) 2. No virtual background option (like with zoom) 3. I wish the settings (mine and what I set for the clients) had more detailed options. 4. I wish I knew the details of what / when Mend sent clients reminders or alerts. For example, I didn't know until clients told me that Mend was sending them daily reminders to test their speed. 5. The platform seems to use more bandwidth than other hipaa compliant platforms as evidenced by increased lagging or delays. 6. No way to hide the thumbnail picture of myself (or for the client to hide their thumbnail image). 7. Clients must be over 18. 8. Mend notifies me at the time of the appointment if the client is in the waiting room. I wish Mend notified me when the client joined regardless of whether they are early, on time, or late. 9. The notifications don't always come to me. 10. It's not always easy to tell if a client is waiting (EG. Their appointment doesn't turn green without refreshing the page).

Reasons for choosing Mend

HIPAA compliant and Clients don't need to download software

Robert

Mend

-Mend overall is a very convenient app with great potential. I'm excited to see Mend continue to progress as our company expands.

Pros

-Allowing us to personalize the app/site to support our company's logo -Tech support is quick to respond and resolve critical issues -The most recent updates appears to offer clearer video and audio

Cons

-The app for the smartphone offers a login feature that doesn't seem to be necessary. Clients are able to open the app and just enter their 6 digit code without having to login first. This confuses some clients. -Idle timeouts that require you to log back in frequently -The syncing between our system and theirs doesn't always update properly. i.e. if an appointment was marked out in our system. During the next cycle, the old appointment will populate into Mend as though it still needs to take place. -The reporting tools could be updated to review certain pieces of information to help our practice run more efficiently.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you for this great feedback. The portal login link within the app is being removed in the next release this month. We're happy to explore more robust integration options to keep the two systems in better synchronization. There are limitations on the EHR side that we are having to work around currently.

Replied February 2019

Leah

When It Works, It Works!

Pros

When it works, it is great! If everyone has a high speed internet connection it seems to work, but with some clients living in rural areas, they are not always afforded the opportunity to receive high speed internet.

Cons

Long lag time waiting for patients to load and be able to access. Sometimes the sound cuts out and one side or the other has no audio, other times the video is garbled and distorted.

Reasons for switching to Mend

Administrators decided to change.

Response from Mend VIP

Thank you so much for the review!! In June, 2021 Mend released a major update allowing audio and video to go as low as 30-50 Kbps. That means it can work on 2 and 3G Internet. However, especially is rural areas, we see roaming data connections and patients with very little ability to upload at all. In Rural areas it can be that 10% of patients only average 5-25 Kbps of total upload capacity. That is not enough bandwidth for audio alone. We want to help you help more people. This month, in July, 2021 we're releasing an update that will reduce bandwidth requirements by another 50%. The 15-30 Kbps patient connections should be possible. It's not ideal, but it should be possible. That will give Mend the lowest bandwidth requirements in the industry! We won't stop there. If we can make it work even lower, we will do it. Appreciate your continued use of the platform!

Replied July 2021

Candice

Customizable

Overall I feel that Mend is a good platform and what I love most is that they are always working on continued improvements.

Pros

Mend is always willing to work with us on how to make improvements to the platform or our process to make it easier for our providers, staff, and patients.

Cons

With any tech there will always be glitches and or issues with connectivity. There are certain providers/patients that report issues with loss of video or audio.

Customization and cost

Reasons for switching to Mend

They discontinued their service.

Rori

Mend Review

Overall, good, but some recent changes, I do not appreciate.

Pros

Once you learn the steps for entering a patient, scheduling, the system is fairly easy to use and is reliable, for the most part.

Cons

Some clients complain about being able to get on, especially if using their cell phone. Logging on difficulties and occasional difficulties in being able to stay on for an hour are common complaints. I do not like that the cell phone icon was recently moved into a different location, and if it is used to remind a client of their appointment, you can't use it again as it does not populate the phone number. You have to go back to find their phone number. I don't like that change, at all. While it is fairly easy to schedule appointments, multiple steps are needed, such as needing to enter the session length and the provider every time you schedule. If we schedule multiple appointments at a time, streamlining this process would help so that multiple clicks are not necessary.

JANE

Thank you for helping me get my mic to work from home I was right up against a patient visit and your team, especially Catlin, got it to work. Please make sure to let people know that Chrome is the preferred browser. One employee told me it didn't make a difference and it did make a difference! Thank you for making it so easy to use and patient ease to use as well. The patient connection is always the most difficult in most cases. You platform is super easy for them!

Pros

not applicablerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cons

not applicablerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

LaKeetra

Industry: Mental Health Care

Mend has been excellent for our outpatient mental health practice

Pros

The program has been easy to implement and use. We appreciate all of the data for the visits so that we can easily document our video sessions in the event of an audit.

Cons

The program has been great, but has a high up-front cost which could be prohibitive for some. Monthly or quarterly billing could facilitate use.

Reasons for choosing Mend

The data recorded for visits (connection time, signal reports, etc), easy connection to customer service when needed

Linnette

User Friendly

AS I mention before I really love the customer service, I had brought an issue before to them and within days it was resolve making my experience better than before.

Pros

Mend is very easy to use and it has an amazing customer service. I have ask questions and ask for the Mend team to help me and they have always been quick to respond and help me with whatever issue I might have.

Cons

I wish there was a way for the clients to be prompt to make their own payments, by inputting their credit or debit cards themselves and if the card is declined then they couldn't proceed to their appointment. However I understand that the Mend team works everyday to improved their software.