• icon"One thing I most like about Timely is that it is focused on just one field which salon. It is precise and intuitive."
  • icon"Ease of use and functionality and a fair price."
  • icon"Ease of use was great and being able to have your own small website through the software was a great asset."
  • icon"Plus customer Service is horrible and not friendly. It doesn't always refresh and it is hard to try to troubleshoot problems."
  • icon"I am sad that they still do not have a built in loyalty program, its really the only thing its missing for my needs."
  • icon"I can not wait to leave Timely for another booking platform. I am losing business until then."

Browse all Timely Reviews

• Have you used Timely and would like to share your experience with others?

Janelle

Great customer service, flexible plans to suit all our needs

Access 24/7 from wherever we are. Payments from our clients at all hours of the day as they book their appointments online.

Pros

The simplicity, it's easy to use and understand. No staff trainer required to use it, self explanatory. Easy to review calendar. Easy access from computer, devices or phones anywhere.

Cons

It doesn't do a cash daily reconciliation or detailed breakdown of what is coming in each day. A few more email options to personalise follow ups with clients and rebooking reminder emails. It would be better if there were more fields we could fill in for each client and personalise them according to what we need to know about them.

Natasha

Timely Software reviewed by a Software Extremist

Accessibility and modernity have become key benefits of doing business with Natashas Skin Spa, and of working for us. Staff are perceived as more professional, feel more professional, and provide an overall better client experience. Clients and staff benefit, business makes more money, I personally am free to work from anywhere I like due to full time access via the cloud, and I now take month long holidays instead of being tied to the premises.

Pros

The best thing is the improved income - more bookings, more online bookings, more repeat bookings, more free marketing content produced by staff using the photo diary feature.

Cons

Needs a strong set of reporting filters added to enable segmented marketing.

Reasons for choosing Timely

I created a spreadsheet. In one column I listed every step of an ideal Client Experience Journey, writing what I wanted the software to do at that point. I then called every salon software brand on the market which I could get in touch with, and asked them what their software would do/if it could achieve, that step on my Client Experience Journey. This is the opposite of what most spas will do - they usually call the software company who sells them the SOFTWARE's journey. Then the spa owner flexes their business to match the software. You should not have to do that. For each software I considered, I filled in the spreadsheet with a yes, no, in development, expected development date, and details of how that feature/step worked inside that software. This took me several years, and of course had to be updated all at once at the very end to see if anything had changed. The interesting thing was that most brands had NOT delivered on their development promises that 'that feature is coming'...Timely was the only one who did deliver. In the time I was looking at it, they delivered 26 of the 34 things I wanted to be improved, including key things such as a Rewards Program. I therefore know, unequivocally, that Timely Software is the brand of software that comes closest to achieving the perfect Client Experience Journey. I have seen so many improvements in it that my Client Experience Map is now nearly perfect. I am about to renew for another year.

Reasons for switching to Timely

I am forbidden to discuss this by a legally binding Non-Disclosure Agreement with Shortcuts Software. I was with them for 11 years prior to moving and can say I am happy I moved, my business progressed in leaps and bounds once I did.

Response from Timely

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, Natasha. We really appreciate the consideration you put in when you chose us and we're thrilled to hear how we'll you're getting on - especially the month long holidays! x

Replied August 2021

Della

November 2022

I only wish the customer support would be honest, forthcoming, and helpful.

I'm looking for a new provider

Pros

Easy for setup and use, for me and my clients they act like a politician!

Cons

Any software PROBLEMS DON'T GET ADDRESSED PROPERLY

Reasons for choosing Timely

Recommended by another spa owner

Sally

August 2022

Many love this software, but it wasn't for me.

I think the quality was excellent. It was on the more expensive side but I guess you get what you pay for.

Pros

I found it easy to use and had all the features you could need.

Cons

I didn't like that it was developed in the US, and I'm in Australia so I have now found a local product to use/support

I liked the features.

Jacob

Spa Scheduling Software

Overall, I had a good experience with Timely and would be open to using the software again. However, I will most likely be shopping around to find a more effective software and maybe a cheaper one as well.

Pros

I used this software as an employee at a spa that I worked for, for almost 2 years. I had a good experience with Timely and enjoyed most of its features. The most beneficial aspect of Timely is getting notifications about appointments made through Timely. Communication is key for a small business with a number of employees, Timely allowed management to bypass certain communications by utilizing Timely.

Cons

I didn't like all the content, options, and other features Timely offered. It was honestly very overwhelming trying to learn every aspect of Timely. I understand, having options is beneficial, but sometimes being simple is better. I was instructed by management to learn the software inside and out and it took quite a while to wrap my head around all the things Timely did and offered.

Response from Timely

Hi Jacob, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with Timely. I'm pleased that you enjoyed using our software and that we could help you communicate with your clients more effectively. I can imagine being tasked with learning our whole system could take some time; we try to build features that are really flexible to meet our customer's needs but that can add some complexities. We're always working to make things easier for our users though and have been running some projects to improve and simplify our core user flows. I hope you'll give us another look if you're ever in the market for scheduling software again :)

Replied November 2020

Sumeet

April 2022

Timely

Excellent product and features that are at a very reasonable price. The software offers more features that we don't utilize just yet, but may in the near future.

Pros

Integration with our current process and systems was easy. It actually made it more efficient. It is user-friendly and employees/clients find it to be "high-tech"

Cons

Sometimes the software lags (rarely) and requires us to stop and refresh/restart the program. The cost is reasonable but we wish it was slightly cheaper.

Jennily

Industry: Cosmetics

EASY SOFTWARE FOR BEGINNERS

Pros

The thing I loved the most is that Timely will provide an invoice for tax purposes and to send to customers if need be. Setting up in general was fun and easy, definitely cut my time down in half.

Cons

I would love Timely even more if I could add pictures of my work under my services when are booking so they know exactly what to book. I also wish the add ons didn’t have to be in a separate category and was listed under the service for easy add on.

Response from Timely

Hi Jennily, Thanks for your review! So pleased to hear you're loving Timely, and those are some great ideas too! As you know we're always looking for ways to make software even better, I'll pass along your suggestions to our product team :)

Replied November 2020

Taha Burhan

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

July 2022

Easy way to rezervations

Timely offers a simple and easy-to-use interface. Thus, you can adapt quickly without any support. Being easily accessible from mobile makes my job much easier. It makes the reservation process very practical for both me and my customers.

Pros

It has greatly reduced my manual workload. It really allows you to manage your time much more effectively. I especially love their reminders, the option to create reminders from multiple channels is very convenient. In addition, thanks to their reporting, I get rid of making reports one by one.

July 2022

Left too much on the table

Pros

This software was pretty easy to setup and in the beginning it did most things well however....

Cons

Bugs and feature requests took waaaay too long to fix or be considered. Timely went down the "salon" route meaning it no longer suited my needs. They only implemented IOS updates and disregarded Android. Their response was "we don't feel developing for Android is worth it, buy an ipad", which is just mind boggling

Reasons for choosing Timely

Before they removed features, it was better bang for buck than cliniko

Integrated Calendar Made Easy

This allows us to communicate our events to our members easily.

Pros

We use this to put our events onto our website calendar. It is easy to make reoccurring events!

Cons

Finding old events is a little difficult sometimes. Should make search feature retroactive as well.

Michelle

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Fantastic online booking system for sole practitioners

Client bookings continue to increase. Many new clients will choose me over another business because they can book online. I can easily see my financial situation for preparing tax statements. It's affordable, effective and easy to use.

Pros

The best and most important advantage for using this software is the ease it provides for my clients booking themselves in online. I get great feedback from clients.

Cons

I often miss messages so maybe a pop up notification would be helpful.

Lloyd

Very good scheduling software

Pros

email campaign generation, easy to use, keeps a data base for contacts, can be customized,

Cons

There is an additional cost to associated with the amount of staff that you have. The more staff, the more the cost.

Susan

This is the closest to perfect I have found in scheduling software for hair salons.

Pros

The absolute best part of this software, that sooooo many companies are missing, is the ability to set up your appointments for double-booking/power-booking/piggy-back appointments. Whatever you want to label the method of scheduling, it is a method that almost every single successful hair stylist uses so we can take an appointment during the time that hair color is processing. These guys also make it very relaxing if you plan to have more service providers in the future. You will not need to calculate a higher rate when the big day comes. That one is also a rare and beautiful gem in the world of salon software! The online booking widget and mini-website are customizable, look sharp and they optimized for mobile websites. It even works with WIX!They also have email campaigns, reminders via email and SMS/ text messages. You can decide at what time intervals your messages go out. This is super handy if you tend to goof up when rescheduling a client. The default is set for 10 minutes and I think it's perfect. If you accidentally put someone down 15 minutes later than intended and move it when you realize 3-4 minutes later, your customer will only get one notification. The correct one. Very cool!

Cons

There isn't anything that I "dislike" about the software. There are a couple of things that should be implemented that are a bit mind-boggling as to why they are not already. Such as tips... That is probably the most annoying thing I have found. You have to create a product named "Tip" and add it every time that your customer tips you, which is every single sale. It's not a huge problem when you are checking the customer out. The headache comes later when you are doing your accounting and you have to do separate calculations, rather than just sending it straight over to your accountant. The last booger is that the texts/SMS are not included in the plan price. You must purchase them separately. However, this could be a "pro" for those that don't want to use the SMS feature. Surely the price would be higher if they were included.

Pos

Changed from MINDBODY to TIMELY

Daily salon life is just easier with TIMELY. TIMELY does everything the larger brands do but at a tenth of the price. Daily, monthly and yearly salon management is a breeze with TIMELY. Clients love the ease of online booking. No need to download buggy apps. Clients are loving the reminder sms. I was a long term MINDBODY user and can't believe I stayed so long using an over priced buggy system because I just didn't know TIMELY existed. Best business decision I've made in the last 5 years is making the change to TIMELY.

Pros

After the most recent price hike from MINDBODY I had no choice but to search an alternative. It appeared as if no-one on the market had it all until I found TIMELY. I was going on holiday and had 10 days to have the change over taken care of. The TIMELY team did a flawless transition. Smooth, simple, effective changeover. The follow-up support has been spectacular. I was happy with MINDBODY to a degree but now I'm using TIMELY I understand just what I was missing out on. The timely team do everything to make the implementation of their product as hassle free as possible. You always get to email the same support person who is completely familiar with your situation. I have integrated the software into my website and my clients are loving it. The feedback at this stage is 100% in favour of TIMELY. I don't have a computer in the salon and am able to do everything from my Android phone without having to download some buggy app. Client management and reporting is a breeze and has so many ways of breaking down your business's progress. The integration of MailChimp, POS and taxation programs make it a spectacular platform for promotions, financial management and my accountant loves how easy it makes my monthly closeout. Interested to see what TIMELY build into the system in the future!

Cons

Only available in English. Not all pages are phone screen optimised. No telephone contact available with tech support.... Sometime emails just suck!

Ben

June 2016

Timely has organised our Pet care business immaculately!

We used to manage our customer appointments using a written diary, however at the rate our business has scaled in 12 months, this was simply not an effective solution. Following extensive research into finding the best cloud solution for our pet care business, Timely provided the most customisable yet simplistic solution that ticked all the boxes I needed ticking. Managing customer appointments is so simple and extremely effective in minimising customers no shows with Timely's reliable customer reminders. We have booked over 2000 appointments in the past 12 months without a single hitch. Were extremely please with how this integrates so well with our operations.

Pros

Ease of use for appointment scheduling, Customer notifications have saved us a lot of customer no shows, The Dashboard is very useful for a snapshot of daily weekly, monthly sales data. Ability to log in from anywhere is great. Invoicing is also very easy.

Cons

The IOS mobile app need further development to allow a number of simple tasks, i.e. notifications, deletion of appointment permanently, ability to view sales and customer information. Development needs more focus, I dont believe I've seen any functional updates since release.

Jason

Time used: Free Trial

April 2015

Simply brilliant!

Where to start? There are just so many pro's to Timely it will be a struggle to keep this short! We at Body Image Beauty recognise that the appointment book is central to our salons smooth running. We searched endlessly for a solution that would fulfil the needs of operating multiple salons without the cost, technical issues and re-worked solutions we had previously encountered. Our requirements were simple - to have an affordable appointment booking system that all our salons could access simultaneously and include shared treatment list, product list and client list. No more VPN's, Remote Access or screen sharing. Timely met our needs, then mesmerised us with its myriad of features and ease of use. It cannot be emphasise enough just how easy Timely is to use. Our employees only get a half hour introduction to Timely and can be totally familiar with 80% of its features by the end of the day having used it for real. It's easy to find out what Timely can do so the main points will be about what it did for us. We use all the Timely features ' every one of them is useful and will enhance how you manage your business and how you interact with your clients. In real-world terms what Timely gave us was a single unified system utilised by all our salons. Changes to our prices were immediate and everywhere, client's details and history shared between all salons and bookings for one salon can be taken and entered by another salon - or by any employee from anywhere with internet access. As with any system it's not without flaws. The difference with Timely though is twofold: a) They listen to their customers and react swiftly to fix bugs and implement new features, and b) The changes are immediate without the need to install anything. We no longer need to worry about updates or installing software, and because it's `in the cloud' computer hardware or backing up data is no longer a concern ' all I need is a browser. This is the first time we have felt confident that our appointments and client data are secure and backed-up all the time. It would be devastating and catastrophic to lose all that information. After nearly 18 months using Timely we've had 100% access to the system and consistently fast page responses. There was no noticeable drop in performance even after switching to mobile data and the amount used would easily fit within a 1GB monthly plan. I really could just go on and on and on''.

Response from Timely

Thank you for your great review, Jason! We¿re really glad to hear that you and your staff are making such fantastic use of our software. We really appreciate the time you've put in to share your experience with us :-)

Replied April 2015

Gordon

not there yet guys!

I've used timely for a while, fantastic until you discover another system, I was happy with Timely until my wee map icon would not take me to Google (app) maps a bit of a bugger when you're a mobile service provider and need fast easy effective solutions, today I just discovered the solution to my problem, that's after asking Timely customer service for help, got the stock standard replies plus all the team have tried to solve the issue! the answer was simple I would have expected all the Timely peeps would have solved that one! & by the way, the problem was not a Timely one but you did not go that wee bit further to help me so after a few weeks, i went searching for another system found & set more tried them both (and a few others. very good on par with Timely but found a different program and I am now very happy. As a mobile service provider, when I receive a phone call within 60 seconds I need to key in my clients details & book their job, the map thing, is also a must I don't need to be typing in addresses into google maps, a lot of the time my Timely invoices were not syncing with xero, so i switched to a competitor and gave the log in details to my book keeper and happy days, i can now send automated requests for reviews with using a outside system, i can tag my clients and search them this allows me to send reminders vouchers discounts easier than the Timely set up. The overall cost for me does not matter all of the systems are within coooeee of each other so thats not an issue. thanks Timely peeps

Pros

easy to set up and use

Cons

lacks functionality

Lauren