• Pros

• "Easy to use and ideal for bookings I find that all my staff can manage the app easily, and it's pretty simple to see who's doing no what and when "

• "Affordable, great integration with Google calendar and the widget option is very nice and easy to embed. "

• "Extremely easy for myself and my clients to use. "

• Cons

• "Would like to see customisable customer follow up emails and reminders. The current integration with MailChimp is OK but rather convoluted."

• "If there is one feature we could get, it would be an integrated POS. With that said, we currently use Square and it's working fabulously."

• "The iOS app is great but doesn't have the the flexibility and functions of the desktop version - for example you can't amend staff rotas via the app. "

Browse Timely Reviews

Janelle from Revolution Massage Beauty & Lashes

Great customer service, flexible plans to suit all our needs

Access 24/7 from wherever we are. Payments from our clients at all hours of the day as they book their appointments online.

Pros

The simplicity, it's easy to use and understand. No staff trainer required to use it, self explanatory. Easy to review calendar. Easy access from computer, devices or phones anywhere.

Cons

It doesn't do a cash daily reconciliation or detailed breakdown of what is coming in each day. A few more email options to personalise follow ups with clients and rebooking reminder emails. It would be better if there were more fields we could fill in for each client and personalise them according to what we need to know about them.

Tom from Mind Muscle

Easy for people to book in to see me!

It's brilliant. It frees up so much of my time. Rather than managing a schedule manually, Timely does it for me!

Pros

The ease of use for people to book in to see me and my trainers at the gym. It takes away the need for me to answer phone calls all day every day.

Cons

Nothing I don't like about it. Everyone who has booked in tells me how easy it is and how much better it is than using the phone!

Response from Timely

Replied August 2020

Hey Tom, Thanks so much for your kind words! We love to hear that we're making life easier for our users, hope you're keeping safe!

Ray from SSB

I don't even know where to start!

It should work well for a single person operator looking for basic scheduling/tracking of appointments but if you've got a multiple staff and lots of products, definitely consider other options first. Timely has a lot of growing to do and at the current rate, it's going to be a very long growth!

Pros

The support team is fantastic and the application itself 'looks' great. Looks are very deceiving though. The most basic functions work well. Beyond that, there are plenty of issues, including lots of unfinished features.

Cons

Far too many features are left unfinished. Every time something new is released I'm left somewhat shocked how basic functionality that could complete the feature is left out. Even Stock Management is tedious and unituitve. Something basic like not being able to make recurring appointments that have more than 1 service. Limited to a total of 160 characters for SMS. Sales Reports report incorrect/misleading figures. No customer accounts. No loyalty system. Can't create custom value gift vouchers on the fly (they all need to be preset amounts). If you have more than one staff member, you're going to be in for more surprises - good luck to you! There is far too many things to mention. I could go on but hopefully you get the point. Approach the application with caution, and if it means paying for additional month or two to PROPERLY test it out, do it! It could save you a lot of grief in the long run. Timely say they care about customer feedback but in the 2.5 years we've been using it, very little has been done to improve even basic functionality. In fact, not a single one of the things I've mentioned above has been addressed in that time. Given all the new (incomplete) features being released without first addressing the swarm of issues currently present is further proof.

Michelle from Brighton

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Fantastic online booking system for sole practitioners

Client bookings continue to increase. Many new clients will choose me over another business because they can book online. I can easily see my financial situation for preparing tax statements. It's affordable, effective and easy to use.

Pros

The best and most important advantage for using this software is the ease it provides for my clients booking themselves in online. I get great feedback from clients.

Cons

I often miss messages so maybe a pop up notification would be helpful.

Lloyd from Myriad LLC

Very good scheduling software

Pros

email campaign generation, easy to use, keeps a data base for contacts, can be customized,

Cons

There is an additional cost to associated with the amount of staff that you have. The more staff, the more the cost.

David from VeloFit Power Cycling Studio

Great for individual appointments ONLY.

I used this to book individual and group sessions in a gym environment. Have since switched to another system, which works better for group sessions. Sad to move away from the reporting and CRM integration.

Pros

It was pretty easy to use & had a great CRM element and reporting functionality.

Cons

Doesn’t support group session / classes overly well. Support was dropped quietly a couple of months ago.

Navjot from Netsmartz Pvt. Ltd. Chandigarh

Excellent Experience

Pros

Easy to schedule & track appointment. You can get a complete overview of your day/week/monthly reports from the dashboard. Been using for internal meetings. You can manage everything for mobile apps.

Cons

Smartphone apps lack in UI & performance.

Denise from Hideaway Bay Beach Club Owners

Very user friendly

Pros

Timely is very simple and easy to use. There are reminders and other custom features to meet your needs. It helps tremendously!

Cons

Sometimes it can run slow or freeze but I have rarely had this issue. Most times the software runs smooth.

Lisa from Know & Grow English

Beautiful app that is also functional

It's a great app that does the job. It's not overly complicated and is very well-designed.

Pros

The design really is quite attractive for an alarm and reminder app. It's pleasing to look at. Fortunately, it's also easy to use!

Cons

I wish it had a floating timer option so that I could still see the time while looking at other apps. This app is very good, though.

Response from Timely

Replied August 2020

Hi Lisa, Glad you're enjoying Timely, but it sounds like you've been using Timely Time Tracking https://www.capterra.co.nz/software/131584/timely Thanks very much!

Hardeep from Netsmartz - Custom Mobile Applications

Light weight scheduling solution

Pros

Easy to implement & manage. You can schedule meetings appointments very quickly. The user will receive notification in less than a minute. The dashboard is great for overviewing data.

Cons

Smartphone apps are not up to the mark but serve the purpose.

Susan from Beauty Junkie

This is the closest to perfect I have found in scheduling software for hair salons.

Pros

The absolute best part of this software, that sooooo many companies are missing, is the ability to set up your appointments for double-booking/power-booking/piggy-back appointments. Whatever you want to label the method of scheduling, it is a method that almost every single successful hair stylist uses so we can take an appointment during the time that hair color is processing. These guys also make it very relaxing if you plan to have more service providers in the future. You will not need to calculate a higher rate when the big day comes. That one is also a rare and beautiful gem in the world of salon software! The online booking widget and mini-website are customizable, look sharp and they optimized for mobile websites. It even works with WIX!They also have email campaigns, reminders via email and SMS/ text messages. You can decide at what time intervals your messages go out. This is super handy if you tend to goof up when rescheduling a client. The default is set for 10 minutes and I think it's perfect. If you accidentally put someone down 15 minutes later than intended and move it when you realize 3-4 minutes later, your customer will only get one notification. The correct one. Very cool!

Cons

There isn't anything that I "dislike" about the software. There are a couple of things that should be implemented that are a bit mind-boggling as to why they are not already. Such as tips... That is probably the most annoying thing I have found. You have to create a product named "Tip" and add it every time that your customer tips you, which is every single sale. It's not a huge problem when you are checking the customer out. The headache comes later when you are doing your accounting and you have to do separate calculations, rather than just sending it straight over to your accountant. The last booger is that the texts/SMS are not included in the plan price. You must purchase them separately. However, this could be a "pro" for those that don't want to use the SMS feature. Surely the price would be higher if they were included.

Pos from www.HairSalonZuri.ch

Changed from MINDBODY to TIMELY

Daily salon life is just easier with TIMELY. TIMELY does everything the larger brands do but at a tenth of the price. Daily, monthly and yearly salon management is a breeze with TIMELY. Clients love the ease of online booking. No need to download buggy apps. Clients are loving the reminder sms. I was a long term MINDBODY user and can't believe I stayed so long using an over priced buggy system because I just didn't know TIMELY existed. Best business decision I've made in the last 5 years is making the change to TIMELY.

Pros

After the most recent price hike from MINDBODY I had no choice but to search an alternative. It appeared as if no-one on the market had it all until I found TIMELY. I was going on holiday and had 10 days to have the change over taken care of. The TIMELY team did a flawless transition. Smooth, simple, effective changeover. The follow-up support has been spectacular. I was happy with MINDBODY to a degree but now I'm using TIMELY I understand just what I was missing out on. The timely team do everything to make the implementation of their product as hassle free as possible. You always get to email the same support person who is completely familiar with your situation. I have integrated the software into my website and my clients are loving it. The feedback at this stage is 100% in favour of TIMELY. I don't have a computer in the salon and am able to do everything from my Android phone without having to download some buggy app. Client management and reporting is a breeze and has so many ways of breaking down your business's progress. The integration of MailChimp, POS and taxation programs make it a spectacular platform for promotions, financial management and my accountant loves how easy it makes my monthly closeout. Interested to see what TIMELY build into the system in the future!

Cons

Only available in English. Not all pages are phone screen optimised. No telephone contact available with tech support.... Sometime emails just suck!

Ben from Pawlkies

June 2016

Timely has organised our Pet care business immaculately!

We used to manage our customer appointments using a written diary, however at the rate our business has scaled in 12 months, this was simply not an effective solution. Following extensive research into finding the best cloud solution for our pet care business, Timely provided the most customisable yet simplistic solution that ticked all the boxes I needed ticking. Managing customer appointments is so simple and extremely effective in minimising customers no shows with Timely's reliable customer reminders. We have booked over 2000 appointments in the past 12 months without a single hitch. Were extremely please with how this integrates so well with our operations.

Pros

Ease of use for appointment scheduling, Customer notifications have saved us a lot of customer no shows, The Dashboard is very useful for a snapshot of daily weekly, monthly sales data. Ability to log in from anywhere is great. Invoicing is also very easy.

Cons

The IOS mobile app need further development to allow a number of simple tasks, i.e. notifications, deletion of appointment permanently, ability to view sales and customer information. Development needs more focus, I dont believe I've seen any functional updates since release.

Jason from Body Image Beauty

Simply brilliant!

Where to start? There are just so many pro's to Timely it will be a struggle to keep this short! We at Body Image Beauty recognise that the appointment book is central to our salons smooth running. We searched endlessly for a solution that would fulfil the needs of operating multiple salons without the cost, technical issues and re-worked solutions we had previously encountered. Our requirements were simple - to have an affordable appointment booking system that all our salons could access simultaneously and include shared treatment list, product list and client list. No more VPN's, Remote Access or screen sharing. Timely met our needs, then mesmerised us with its myriad of features and ease of use. It cannot be emphasise enough just how easy Timely is to use. Our employees only get a half hour introduction to Timely and can be totally familiar with 80% of its features by the end of the day having used it for real. It's easy to find out what Timely can do so the main points will be about what it did for us. We use all the Timely features ' every one of them is useful and will enhance how you manage your business and how you interact with your clients. In real-world terms what Timely gave us was a single unified system utilised by all our salons. Changes to our prices were immediate and everywhere, client's details and history shared between all salons and bookings for one salon can be taken and entered by another salon - or by any employee from anywhere with internet access. As with any system it's not without flaws. The difference with Timely though is twofold: a) They listen to their customers and react swiftly to fix bugs and implement new features, and b) The changes are immediate without the need to install anything. We no longer need to worry about updates or installing software, and because it's `in the cloud' computer hardware or backing up data is no longer a concern ' all I need is a browser. This is the first time we have felt confident that our appointments and client data are secure and backed-up all the time. It would be devastating and catastrophic to lose all that information. After nearly 18 months using Timely we've had 100% access to the system and consistently fast page responses. There was no noticeable drop in performance even after switching to mobile data and the amount used would easily fit within a 1GB monthly plan. I really could just go on and on and on''.

Response from Timely

Replied April 2015

Thank you for your great review, Jason! We¿re really glad to hear that you and your staff are making such fantastic use of our software. We really appreciate the time you've put in to share your experience with us :-)

Gordon from Property Services Group WA Pty Ltd

not there yet guys!

I've used timely for a while, fantastic until you discover another system, I was happy with Timely until my wee map icon would not take me to Google (app) maps a bit of a bugger when you're a mobile service provider and need fast easy effective solutions, today I just discovered the solution to my problem, that's after asking Timely customer service for help, got the stock standard replies plus all the team have tried to solve the issue! the answer was simple I would have expected all the Timely peeps would have solved that one! & by the way, the problem was not a Timely one but you did not go that wee bit further to help me so after a few weeks, i went searching for another system found & set more tried them both (and a few others. very good on par with Timely but found a different program and I am now very happy. As a mobile service provider, when I receive a phone call within 60 seconds I need to key in my clients details & book their job, the map thing, is also a must I don't need to be typing in addresses into google maps, a lot of the time my Timely invoices were not syncing with xero, so i switched to a competitor and gave the log in details to my book keeper and happy days, i can now send automated requests for reviews with using a outside system, i can tag my clients and search them this allows me to send reminders vouchers discounts easier than the Timely set up. The overall cost for me does not matter all of the systems are within coooeee of each other so thats not an issue. thanks Timely peeps

Pros

easy to set up and use

Cons

lacks functionality

Lauren from The Lauren & Delwyn Project

April 2015

Streamlined our business and saves time!

We implemented Timely into our company just over a year ago. We switched from WorkEtc, as we wanted not only to support local business, but also needed a system that would allow online booking for clients, and send text and email reminders to our clients. Timely is around $20 cheaper per month for the subscription, and the text reminders are extremely cost effective. As the text is automated, clients are less likely to reschedule because they have to pick up the phone to do so, rather than just texting a person back. Our 'no-show' rate has dropped to about 1% (from 5-10%). We run a photography studio, so Timely wasn't exactly built for our style of business (multiple locations on certain days with certain staff), but a few phone calls with the help desk, and a few hours of playing around with the system, we worked out how to make Timely work for us. I wish we had switched sooner! The ability for clients to book online is INVALUABLE. I know I always remember to book things at 11pm at night when i'm lying in bed, and i know our clients do too! No more emailing dates and times back and forth, clients saying 'let me check with my partner' and by the time they email back, the time is no longer available and we are back at square one. We also have comments from clients who say how convenient it is that we have online booking, it makes look efficient and professional which is great for business. The only con (which turned into a Pro) is that we had to integrate MailChimp into our business, as WorkEtc had a mail service inside it, however the Timely Team were extremely helpful in helping us set our tags on our current database, and help us import our database, so there was a smooth transition from one system to Timely. (Which is saying something, have you ever tried switching internet providers? Awful!) I feel we also get a better response, as the MailChimp emails are much more attractive, and the trackability of the emails was extremely helpful. Thanks Timely for saving us time and money, you are definitely a bill that i enjoy paying, and you earn every last cent! PS - If you are thinking of using Timely, but think you don't have time to change systems, you don't have time NOT to change. Seriously, once you see how much time you save, and how many more bookings you'll get without even having to speak to anyone, you'll be like us, wondering why you didn't change sooner.

Response from Timely

Replied April 2015

Hi Lauren! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We greatly appreciate your thorough review and love having you in the Timely family :-)

Mark from Revs Motorcycle Training

Great System

Usign the timely calendar has made booking clients in much easier, whether in the office or out on the road - plus we have been able to include an online booking system as well.

Pros

Timely allows us to manage our instructors and locations really well. Everything is programmed in so different services that take different amounts of time are all booked in automatically, including breaks and padding time between sessions.

Cons

As yet Timely does not allow me to see all appointments booked for different locations within the calendar software. It compensates by allowing us to export to a google calendar but this is not the ideal way of doing things for me. I want to see all appointments for all staff in one view. However - Timely do listen and have a team who are working to improve things as they go. I have to accept that my situation is unusual and therefore lower on the priority list to provide a solution - but at least I know it is on the radar. As a small business owner I would prefer keeping costs down as much as possible. I would prefer to see an entry level subscription that allows 3-5 staff without an extra monthly charge.

Sarah from Homeopathy with Sarah

Industry: Alternative Medicine

I've been using Timely for almost a year now and it has made a huge difference to my business.

It has given my small business a much more professional image and allowed for me to easily take payment by credit card. The invoicing system has helped with record keeping as well as being professional. Reporting tools are also really useful. Has helped to make it easier for new clients to get in touch with me and made making an appointment with me so much easier. It also saves me time.

Pros

It has made life so much easier for me and my clients and has helped to give my business a much more professional feel. It's very easy and logical to use and to amend and add to. The linked invoice system is excellent and again helps a small business to give a professional feel. It has also easily allowed me to add in extras like package deals and to invoice for products that I sell. The help is good too - there are lots of help documents available along with videos which often answer my question. When they don't, I've found the customer help very responsive. Sometimes they get back to me within an hour or two, sometimes it will be the next working day. Having the option to 'talk' to a human is reassuring. I very much recommend Timely to other small businesses, and whenever I struggle to make an appointment for myself with someone that doesn't have an online booking system I am always grateful that I followed a recommendation to give Timely a go!

Cons

There's not much I don't like. I've had some issue with the appointment confirmations and reminders going straight to junk folders instead of inboxes which is a bit of a pain. If I've booked in a new client myself, and then the next appointment they do it, I end up with two client profiles which is also a bit of a pain. However there is a 'merge client' option which deals with this quite easily.

Adrian from Workshop Barbers

July 2016

Intuitive cloud based software that's easy to use and goes with your business.

I saw a successful barbershop that I wanted to model my business on. From there I wanted to know what booking software they were using because it was on an iPad. Without any software training, a trial period and my scissors in my hands it gave me the perfect edge (pun intended).

Pros

Automatically sending out reminders via email and text makes me more profitable with less downtime. Online booking is like having someone book all your appointments for you, except without the cost. And considering 10-12 years ago hairdresser computer/software packages could cost you up to $12000 in upfront costs, Timely has a price I couldn't refuse.

Cons

The only thing I could think of would be to have a 'Next in line' or waiting list cue via the software to make it easier then writing them down manually and then booking them in. I think the Check out transaction area could be tweaked a little. When processing a sale it defaults to 'On Account' which is one extra click that I with I didn't have to do. If it was defaulted to Credit Card it would save the extra click on 70% of my transactions. Doesn't sound like much but it all helps.

Nicole from Shift Your Space

Easy and efficient

My best friend told me about Timely and how it was perfect for her business and urged me to give it a go. I was hesitant at first but after seeing that I could try it for free for a month, I thought sure why not! I loved it instantly. So easy to use and it does everything I need it to do on the desktop version. I have synced Mailchimp and Paypal. So every time I get a new client it automatically updates them to Mailchimp. I take all payments through Paypal. It instantly creates buttons and links for all of my workshops to promote and book. Its great! The functionality of it is so simple. However, I am waiting for them to update the app so it has more functions on the phone! I travel with my work and use my phone while I am on the go. Once that's done it will meet all of the requirements. If you work from a desktop computer and have a service based business, I definitely encourage you to give it a go!

Pros

How easy it is to use, the syncing of other programs and the cost.

Cons

It doesn't have all of the features on the iPhone App version. I travel for work and don't carry my MacBook with me. I always carry my iPhone and use that for seeing and rebooking my clients.

Alana from Thetis Massage Therapy

Easy to use, great customer support!

Without Timely, I couldn't have expanded my business as much as I have. It brings a new level of organization to us that has allowed us to add more services, practitioners, and booking options. It's so nice for my practitioners to be able to log in and see their schedule ahead of time to be able to plan their day. It also makes it much easier for me to schedule our support staff when I can see the full schedule in one place and see when I need the extra help. The online booking feature has noticeably increased business and has also led to regular clients booking more frequently. I'm very grateful for this software and everything it allows us to do!

Pros

Timely has streamlined so many aspects of my business, I can't imagine life without it! It's straightforward to use, and presents important information in a way that's super easy to understand.

Cons

Just little things. I wish I could select which users want email notifications when someone books with them without everyone having to receive emails. Little things like that, but I know it's a still a relatively new product and I've been impressed with how diligent Timely is with updating and improving.

Amber from Refinery Salon

June 2016

Your Clients Will Love This Software!

I started out signing up with many other companies that offered the 30 day trials that Forb's Magazine selected as there top software companies for online booking systems. Out of all of the systems I had used Timely was by far for the money the easiest to navigate. Another wonderful aspect that I appreciated was when I had a question the tech support was quick at answering all of my questions, along with after adding all of my staff to the booking system they also said they had an easy experience with learning Timely. Our clients whether they are just coming in for there appointments with us or just leaving, we are consistently getting compliments on how easy it was to book there appointments with us online. When our clients are happy we're happy, so thank you Timely for making my job easier.

Pros

How easy it is to navigate for us and our clients. Tech support. Clients Love this system! The email and text confirmations.

Cons

We would really appreciate having individuals staff members be able to set there own times for each service just as the can for there hours. We all don't work at the same pace depending on how experienced we are in our craft so to have everyone working on the same timeline makes it hard for the new stylists coming in.

April 2016

Michael from Enable2Drive.com.au

April 2016

Delivers brilliantly for this driving school

Been working with Timely for nearly a year. From startup. I was looking for a software partner that would place me quickly in the market, and out in front of the competition. Timely has delivered all the way. I love the way that Timely automates customer bookings. Customers from my website or Facebook page can schedule a time that suits them and their favourite trainer, All I have to do is make sure the vehicles are not double-booked. SMS and emails flow to and from my customers automatically, and to staff, keeping us all informed of bookings. I love the way that I was able to code my website with Timely links, managing the promotion of services. I love the way that Timely works happy with eWAY. Customers can pay online, be sent invoices later - and when they do it shows up clearly in Timely. I love waking up in the morning and seeing a new booking from a new customer, already paid, showing on my Timely calendar. I love the way that Timely seamlessly connects with Xero. Same invoice number in both systems. Proper accounting rules govern the way they interact. When I discovered an error in the way GST was being processed between the two, it was the Timely crew that responded to my call for "help" with a solution. There's always room for improvement, but we're told the Timely techbots are probably working on them. They regularly release new ideas (gift vouchers, last Christmas; credit notes, last month). They tell me (email received while writing this review) that they're working on adding "Resources" to the scheduling, which might eliminate my double-booked vehicles. They regularly ask for feedback, and ask us to vote on the importance of particular improvements (works-in-progress). They respond to issues quickly. Hard to ask for more. And I am thankful for their price structure. The value of Timely to my business is far greater than I could afford (as a small business startup). I would find it very difficult to live without Timely, and wish them (and you) every success in the future. Hope you found my review helpful in making your decision. Drop me a line sometime.

September 2016

Matthew from TAB Massage and Fitness, Inc.

September 2016

A software that truly streamlines business operations

We are a health and wellness business specializing in massage therapy and corrective exercise. We were at one time using a server/client software that served as a scheduling and POS system. The software was expensive annually, had hefty monthly fees for features that should have been included. The features it did have were poorly implemented and pieced together. Customers voiced their concerns and opinions regarding our checkout and scheduling processes. Moving to timely was a move to streamline and create efficiencies. It was also to reduce overhead and hardware maintenance. The move to Timely has brought some great features to both our staff and clients. We've have nothing but positive feedback.

Pros

The simplicity of the user experience is great. Clean UI allows for quick and easy scheduling and checkouts. Clients love the online appointment booking. Paying during the online booking has been a positive experience. Our staff enjoys the mobile remote access and notifications when appointments are booked. We also enjoy the continued support and enhancements being made to deepen the software.

Kelly from NYB

Timely, its almost Perfect

Several online booking payment acceptance POS to some degree

Pros

This is a great software for anyone taking bookings & running a business. It is super easy to use, the customer support is very good. The price point is in line with the services it DOES offer. Online booking with a system that allows you full control on how to run your business & accept payment online. There are very few comparisons to what this software offers.

Cons

I am sad that they still do not have a built in loyalty program, its really the only thing its missing for my needs. I have been hoping for the last 3 years they would get one but nothing as of yet. They have made strides in many other areas, this would be such a bonus for me if they would implement that.

Peter from University of St Andrews

Organize your diary with ease!

Pros

Very easy to use and train new users on. Intuitive dashboard and very clear user interface. Timely has been optimized very well for mobile use, enabling us and our users to use this out-and-about. The customization options of the widget and mini-site are great, and work well with lots of our systems. The ability to send communications via SMS is very helpful, though not clear when initially purchased.

Cons

The lack of language support really isn't great, especially at an organization with lots of international users (non-English speaking). It wasn't particularly clear when we first purchased Timely that the ability to send SMS's wasn't part of the original plan, and had to purchase separately.

Oliver from Tone Pilates

Timely is Likely What You're Looking For

I've been using Timely for about a year now and I've been very satisfied with what it offers for the (absolutely reasonable) amount of money that I pay each month. What I like most about Timely is its ease of use coupled with clean and beautiful design. The team behind the app has obviously gone to great lengths to make sure the UI is top notch. For the market Timely goes after I can't name any flaws. The only word of caution is to make sure you don't need something with more features. For the price, Timely does have a ton of features but depending on the complexity of your business it may not be enough. Let's compare Timely with the equally well designed Front Desk. Here are some things that it has which Timely doesn't: - Courses/workshops - Wait list management with auto enrolling - Deeper/more detailed Mailchimp integration - Client self check-in iPad app - Staff Payroll - Deep client/staff notification customization The other side of the coin is that Front Desk starts at $129 USD per month where Timely starts at $15 USD per month. It really all depends on the kind of features that you're looking for.

Vanessa from My Body Organic

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Why isn't everyone doing this?!?!?

Their customer support is amazing, which I have only had to use 2x, they are that good! To have your calendar access anytime anywhere on any device, who wouldnt love it!! And with the ability to send text reminders to our customers phones has cut down on missed appointments drastically! This service is a must for our family owned business. Wouldn't do without it!!

Pros

The price is perfect, and with all that they offer -- Id expect to pay much more. I love the services and accessability of the gettimely calendar. And if theres a problem, they are all over it right away. Cant say enough good things about them!

Cons

I wish that it was also an ap that I could put on my phone and devices, that way I wouldnt have to get onto the internet just to check the calendar, but its pretty perfect as it is. :)

Jasmine from Social Health Association

Social Health Association Review

It is a little time consuming for our purposes. It is easy to adjust most of time. It would be great to have a sort feature in the reports on just customer with future appointment status for quick access. It would really help out a great deal when I need to put together a quick report but have to search for all of these individually because I cannot look up the report for it. As a user, we have the option to create reasons why an appointment was not completed so I would really appreciate being able to go to reports, scroll down to customers, and search for the status of the appointments for that customer or all customers.

Pros

I can color coordinate appointments.

Cons

There are not enough colors to code different kinds of appointments. There is no way to archive appointments for customers that occurred a year ago from their customer page.

Holly from Alamo Golf club

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

August 2016

I don't know how I did without this. It is awesome!

Very easy to use. Allows me to see different schedule views and create schedules far in advance. The bulletin board feature ensures that every employee can see messages and notices. Employees can view their schedule from their smart phone or any computer. This program has simplified scheduling so much. Employees get schedule change notices which helps a lot. I would never want to go back to printing a paper schedule. My employees really like it, too.

Pros

The time is saves me. The way I can see the total hours for each employee for the week. The way the vacation shifts become unassigned so you know what needs to be covered when someone is going on vacation. The fact that employees have access to their schedule at all times. Overall ease of use.

Cons

You cannot copy one shift and paste it. You can, however, copy a day or week and import it.

Sophie from Spoil Yourself Spa

Great experience

Great prices for a great software

Pros

How simple it is to use. That i receive emails when clients have booked. The reports are easy to read and show plenty of information

Cons

I would like some more features, like loyalty programs, a few more reports, For clients to see their appointments when they log into timely so they don't need to call us and check what time is it. I know it is in their first email but many clients delete this. It also sometimes won't let us delete treatments in the editing area. It would be cool to have a customized pop up botton that could pop up near the end of sale ie. have they got their waxing gloves, to remind us to. tell about the promotion we have.

Kyla from Memories Beauty Therapy Limited

I haven't looked back

I have saved myself a lot of money since changing to an online service provider. I am really happy with the rapid response to questions or any problems I may have through the email service. It's great that things are simple to use not over complicated.

Pros

What I like most is the easy access to all my bookings etc whether I be at work at home or out having a coffee.

Cons

Not sure whether its my computer being older or internet connection sometimes I find the selection you make e.g. service you have chosen wont appear and you have to re click it a couple of times before it will select. I think there was also something with the voucher set up when some body buys a voucher it would be good if there were some kind of tracking or code for every voucher sold as we manually keep track with expiry dates and voucher numbers in a book.

Ursula from Well Balanced Massage and Beauty.

Our business can't do without the Timely booking system. Saves us a lot of time.

We have heard from people that have had trouble with some companies that get their bookings mixed up or double book clients. With Timely we spend the minimum time on booking clients. Our clients mention it's very easy to book online and they appreciate the reminders texts for their appointments. For us as a business it makes things work smoothly while our business looks professional and by having the reminders sent to our clients, we eliminate wasting time and money with clients not showing up for their appointments.

Pros

Timely takes care of the very important part of our business - booking of appointments. Without this working smoothly we wouldn't have a successful business. Our clients book online, get reminders of their appointments and we don't have to do anything!

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about the Timely software. It's totally worth the money we pay for it.

Sangita from Sangita Pedro, ND

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Functional, easy to use and affordable

Timely offers all the functionality and quality of other scheduling software programs for half the price. Timely is simple, easy to use and beautifully designed. Timely is easy to navigate even for folks like me with very little scheduling software experience. I would suggest Timely to anyone looking for a simple, easy to use, fully functional and affordable way to organize and streamline their scheduling process.

Pros

It is simple, beautifully designed, easy to use and has all the features of more expensive software programs. The phone app is also very easy to use and navigate. I use it almost daily to check my appointments and make changes to my schedule. I am so happy I found Timely!

Cons

I would like to be able to offer certain services on certain days only through the online scheduler integrated into my website.

Liz from THink Aesthetics

Amazing System Affordable and Efficient

It took me over 12 months to decide on a system after looking at the pros and cons of many systems. I decided on TIMELY and have not looked back. As a specialize service that provides Cosmetic Tattooing, Beauty Services and Cosmetic Tattoo Training (sometimes throughout Australia), we needed a system that could allow us to book in treatments and groups, but also model appointments for the students learning Cosmetic Tattooing, on the same day. We have been incredibly happy with our choice and would recommend TIMELY to other salons. The system is really easy to work and easy to add extra staff as you expand. The TIMELY staff are very helpful and they are constantly looking to improve the system. I have no hesitation in recommending TIMELY, my only problem is I didn't start sooner.

Pros

easy to use,

Cons

Doesn't allow for fortnightly rosters.

Leisa from Health Point Practioner

Sole Practitioner- Acupuncturist

Easy to use, great features, everthing at your fingertips, great price, saves time and money. Luv it!!!!

Pros

Cost is a big factor when a Sole Practitioner, the low cost and great product and service is a winner for me!! Get timely offers features that other companies charge a fortune for. I am very grateful to timely for their commitment to their clients and making it possible for me to have access to software that improves my efficiency, is easy and enjoyable to use and saves and makes me money!!!

Cons

The only thing I probably find a little tedious is the confirm buttons and complete buttons. Would be nice if had option to take them off and when raise sale the software automatically confirms and completes appointment. I understand how these are necessary for online bookings and multiple staff, Thank you.

Charlotte from City Haven Massage Therapy

Love TIMELY

Since switching to TIMELY I have been able to manage bookings for my business centrally. The reminder emails and Texts to customers help us minimise no shows and provide this value add consistently. Our busy customers welcome our reminders. We are not using all of the TIMELY features and have chosen to manage our accounts via MYOB separately even though these 2 providers can be linked. We get more detailed information from MYOB directly. The features of TIMELY are constantly evolving and improving. I am looking forward to seeing the review feature, where customers can leave a review. TIMELY's support is excellent and we always get a quick reply whenever we need help.

Pros

The ease of use.

Cons

I would like better integration with my MYOB software -Timely dumps sales into one account in MYOB but not a number of accounts to link sales to so you can't keep track of what areas of the business and what locations monthly sales are from. I have different locations and this info is vital so I can analyse profitability across my business.

Steve from Wandsworth Physiotherapy

Decided to double the price of their product for no reason

Average. I hind sight should have used another provider that don't keep making annoying changes and massively hike their prices

Pros

Ease of use and functionality and a fair price

Cons

Change the layout and look without informing customers (making it look and function worse). The company has also decided to double the cost of their product as it has new functionality (that I've been using for nearly 4 years) and the sales pitch is that you get SMS credits as part of the packages, however the credits are like a phone contact - paying for loads that you either don't need or won'r use.

Brian from B.Natural Esthetics

FINALLY found the one after years of switching services

Pros

This has a robust feature set and excellent usability on both client and professional side. Too many online booking systems are cloned copies of one another and lack basic (and obvious) features needed to actually operate a business from. This one stands alongside giants like MindBody and Milano and trumps them in many ways, especially for the cost. Smaller to medium businesses will find this the perfect fit.

Cons

Some of the ui features could use refining (mostly availability of functions like client notes while in mobile mode, where you currently must switch to desktop mode to access effectively), but they have consistently rolled out improvements over the year+ I've been with them.

Nicole from South Coast Elite Driving School

Great Simple Booking System

It's been really easy to use - probably in the next 6 months will use it for more marketing / promotional opportunities.

Pros

It's been great for my business - sms reminders were the main reason I chose Timely, to avoid No Shows, appointment reminders have been very successful and my students love it......also value for money!!

Cons

I haven't looked into it a lot yet - but I would like to send a SMS congratulations to students once they pass their test but haven't worked out how to do it. I would like to be able to 'inactivate' a customer and not actually have to 'delete' them from the system?

Rebecca from Rebecca Davie Brows

Timely software review

I'm loving my experience with Timely. It does everything I need it to pretty much. I gave it 4 out of 5 for features & functionality as there is always room for improvement with everything. I do wish I could phone for support sometimes but they really are so fast at getting back to me via email that it doesn't seem to be a problem. Definitely love it for the cost of the program which is the main selling point for me. If I had to pay more I might look for something that has phone support and someone to come and teach me personally, but with this, I didn't really need that for the size of my business. Most of my clients really comment how much they love the online booking and how easy it is to use. Some say they couldn't figure it out but admit they struggle with things like that. Some clients do have trouble rescheduling their appointment and get confused so will call the salon instead. The main thing I wish I had more freedom with is the number of characters I have to use for confirmation and reminder text messaging. Also, I wish when clients made their appointment online they would receive an email saying their appointment has been made successfully without my having to make the setting automatically confirm their appointment on making it. The reason is because when it is automatically confirmed, I have to manually change all the appointments to pencilled in, if I want clients to receive a confirmation SMS a day or so before their actual appointment, otherwise they can only receive a reminder SMS which doesn't automatically ask them to answer Y or N if they are coming. When clients don't receive any kind of email when they make their online booking they worry it wasn't made successfully so I keep they setting as automatically confirmed. I hope that makes sense.

May 2015

Mitchell from Kaleidoscope Science Education

May 2015

Timely makes running my business so easy. Thank goodness for Timely!

I stumbled upon a recommendation of Timely on a forum. At the time, all I was looking for an easy way to implement a calendar system on my business's website. I signed up for the free trial and was delighted to discover that Timely could also take care of just about every other aspect of my business - online bookings, sending confirmation emails, managing payments and invoicing, reports and email marketing. Timely is now saving me untold hours of admin every week, which really frees me up to spend more time doing what I do best - providing my service to customers. I love the way my appointments and customer details are synced to my phone's calendar and address book. Before I answer a call from a customer, I already know who they are and where they're from. I've contacted Timely customer service several times with small, probably annoying tech questions. Without fail, I'll get a friendly reply from Jess or Andrew within hours that answers my question, and then some! Timely are clearly listening to their many and varied small business customers and are continually adding improvements - things that I would never have thought of but once they appear I wonder how I ever did without them. They have a whole section of their website devoted to gathering possible new ideas and features, many of which end up being implemented. I've had feedback from several of my customers about how organised and efficient they found the booking process - Timely gets all the credit for giving my customers a great experience and making my business look really good. I love being able to support an innovative New Zealand company who are exporting their fabulous product to the world. I'm thrilled to recommend Timely for any small business that relies on scheduling appointments or services.

Chris from Edge Fitness Health Studio

Brilliant!!

Been using Timely for a while now for my personal training business and it's by far the best booking and invoicing system I have come across! I have tried other systems but they were either too complex, unsuitable for my business needs or extremely slow. I love how it sync's to MYOB too, saves so much time; but the stand out feature for me, which sets it apart from any other system, is the customer service you receive. No question goes unanswered and their response time is quick. They treat you as a person, and not a number. Timely has grown since I first started using it, newer and better features are always being added and built upon, and throughout this time their exceptional customer service has remained as brilliant as ever. Thanks guys, keep up the good work!

Pros

Ease of use Features Customer service Speed (no lagging) Price

Robin from Trimmers Hairdressers

Brilliant!

Marketing and customer service benefits increasing revenue

Pros

Easy to use. Good value for money. No clunky or overly restrictive technology. Updated to keep up with marketing innovations and requirements.

Cons

Needs more versatility in customer notifications like more filters to select different email domain recipients. Because gmail email users can leave google reviews whereas if you don't have google account you can't so being able to target these customers to get reviews would be powerful. Also being able to add more than one add a button linking to a site of your choosing so you could have Facebook, Yell & Yelp for example

Rebecca from Doggroomology

The savvy business must have!

Do you have a busy business? Do you want to invest your time more productively? Do you want your customers to receive a professional service? If you've answered yes to the above then I highly recommend this booking software. Business and customer service has evolved over the years, its more important than ever to be on top of your game. Who and what is bringing in the quality revenue? Providing your clients with a service that works alongside their own hectic schedules. With many competing brands, what are you doing to go above and beyond for your clients and managing your firm as effectively as possible? Timely has boosted my dog grooming business and assisted in increasing my revenue, the best business decision I ever made. read my full review rlwlifestyle.tumblr.com Facebook rlwlifestyle Instagram Rebecca wattam

Pros

the customer service

Cons

Haven't come across anything

Kellie from Spirit Medicine

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Get timely has ensured smooth bookings and increased my time away from the phone!

Increased gift voucher sales and appointments. Far less time tied up with long phone calls or emails trying to find suitable appointment times. Not inclined to over book trying to please people either!

Pros

Easy online booking for customers and fantastic gift voucher sales!

Cons

Would like more functionality perhaps to sell products (as well as gift vouchers) online.

Emily from Affordable Beauty

Timely is the best

I was worried at the beginning about switching from my paper diary to online however I knew that finding the right system for me would work wonders for my business. I trailed a few different ones for a month and decided that timely was the easiest to use. It was very important to me to choose a system with an easy to use online booking system to make it as easy as possible for my clients of all ages and I without a doubt preferred timely the best. My clients are always telling me how clever my system is and that they love how easy the online booking is to use. When ever I have had a problem and needed to speak to someone for support, 9/10 times I get a reply pretty much instantly and the staff are very very helpful.

Pros

Extremely easy for myself and my clients to use.

Cons

There isint anything that I don't like.

Jessica from Magnetic Arts Tattoo

August 2016

Miss. Saved me from hassle, and brought me to a new level of professionalism.

I started with timely desperate for a solution to my old way of booking tattoo clients... in a paper binder. I was scribbling and messing up dates, forgetting to call every client to confirm appointments. Until I found Timely on the web. At first use it relieved my strain from all the steps needed to keep track of clients and dates. One of the most valuable business decisions I made.

Pros

All my clients information is easy to retrieve and quick to input. The visual aspect makes finding open appointments easy. The auto email reminder has saved me from the hassle of doing it myself.

Cons

Ic can be easy to forget to save new details and go unoticed.

Renata from Brows by Renata

One of the best

I have been using Timely for a few months and it has been a great experience. I love how reliable it is on a daily basis.

Pros

The best parts of the timely software are easy online booking/rescheduling, customer profiles, product sales features, and service sales reports.

Cons

I wish Timely had a feature to program different time slots on different days. Maybe there is a way and I just haven't figured it out yet. The app also needs some work. It should have the same features (especially "Customer" tab) as the desktop site. It would be awesome to also have a feature for clients to go online and see when their appointments are, rather than contacting the salon/stylist.

Kathy from Radiance Body Wax & Sugar Studio

Timely has been the best decision I made when starting my home based business.

Pros

The support people ROCK!! Whenever I have emailed for support, the reply is speedy and I have always gotten a resolution. Affordable, user friendly, customizable, and overall a great choice.

Cons

That with software updates the iPad view & functionality changes to what I see on my mobile device. I much prefer the robustness of the laptop/desktop functionality. I use my iPad as both my checkin, management & point of sale so choose not to do the upgrades as I like the iPad view to be the same as the laptop/desktop view. Sure hope that makes sense!