• Pros

• "Easy to navigate, user friendly. The images are sharp. The uploading of auction info and pics are easy. The reports are full of great information. "

• "This software has helped me set up some very good auctions and it has helped me to become a much better auctioneer. "

• "Layout, features, countdown timer, options to have multiple items from multiple auctions into 1 account, accounting features..."

• Cons

• "Once in a while we run into small problems, but there hasn't been anything major. Really no major cons with this software. "

• "I would like to see more work put into the "look" or design to be updated to something cleaner and simpler. "

• "It would be a crime to say anything bad about this company! Their customer service team and product are so helpful to our business. You've got a long time customer here."

Browse AuctionMethod Reviews

Garrett from Camp + King

Auction Platform Review

The site development was smooth and well-executed, the platform ran like a dream, and the team's support/attention was top-notch.

Pros

The platform was robust and easy to use, with capabilities far beyond our needs.

Cons

Some of the revisions we made to our custom site needed to be done by Auction Method, and totally self-service. Wasn't a big deal - the support was great.

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied August 2018

Thank you for the kind words Garrett. It has been our pleasure to work with you and your team.

Patti from Baldini Auction Company, LLC

Auction Method Software Customer

I think Auction Method has a good product. I don't want my bidding platform to look like every other auction company. They are a little pricey, but I get compliments on how it looks and how easy it is for my customers to understand and use. In today's world, when most auction companies are utilizing some online function, I would recommend Auction Method.

Pros

Auction Method's software gives my company a unique and individual look, which mirrors my website. I conduct online auctions of primarily antiques, fine art, jewelry and collectibles. I use MAC computers and their software is very compatible with all Apple products. Auction Method created a software platform that is easy for me to use and easy to input information and images. As well, their software has provided my customers with a very user friendly experience. Most of my bidders bid from their phone and the Auction Method mobile site is fairly easy to use. I am able to modify some features and information such as how many lots close per minute and I can modify starting bids. The invoicing system is easy to use and when it's time to collect payment, their system is easy to use. I also like the reports I am able to generate. Overall, they have a good quality product.

Cons

It's difficult to modify "after the auction" changes. For example, if someone does not pay for something and I sell it to the back-up bidder, I cannot modify the lot to a new buyer number without asking customer support to make the adjustment to the lot, which sometimes takes a while. Also, on the report settlement statement, I cannot add information to the sales total if I sell something after the auction that did not get a bid during the online auction. I know their product is constantly evolving, so I'm sure they are working on these changes. Also, I think each auction company should be able to secure their data should they decide it is no longer a good fit. Comparatively speaking, their product is on the pricey side. With that said, their product does give me my own unique look and I believe my company benefits from that.

Reasons for Choosing AuctionMethod

I chose Auction Method because at the time I opened my small business they were a small business. They were able to work with me to give me a unique look which mirrored my website. I had been used to working with another software with another auction company. When I opened my own auction company and it came time for me to choose my own software, I did my homework and shopped other companies. It became clear, after much research, that Auction Method's software was much easier for me and my customers to understand and use.

Benson from Auction Professionals NZ

Auction Methods - reliable and all encompassing.

The service and support from these guys is absolutely amazing. I would recommend this service to any aspiring auctioneers.

Cons

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied February 2019

Thank you for all of the stars, positive feedback, and constructive advice! We are glad that you are benefiting so much from AuctionMethod's software service and we wish for the trend to continue a long time. :D Please note: Each auction platform is initially staged using the same basic website layout / design. Past this first step, there are many ways to customize the form of the website and function of the software platform. We encourage you to contact our support staff about updating the look of your website to better reflect your unique brand.

Jennifer from Auction Bridge

Christies web site on an EBay buget!

I love my website! They hand built my auction site last year to suit my company's needs which anywhere else would have cost me thousands. We are consistently evolving the site to keep market relevant which helps me grow and keep my edge in a very competitive market! Easy to use, incredible service, low prices! Best there is out there, hands down! Auctionbridge .bid!

Pros

PRO: Ease of use for my company, my bidders and for my Affiliates. PRO: The fact that the company treats me like I am there only customer. I know the owners by name because They care enough to know your name too. PRO: They saved me so much money upfront and after. I was a startup online auction company with little to no money to invest in a 200k website. I hit the jackpot with Auction Method. PRO: Terminate at will contract! If I ever don't like them I can simply say I am out. PRO: They thought enough about the future of my company to have a contingency plan in case of a catastrophe. That means my site can keep going, even if they are all suddenly struck by lighting! (God Forbid!) Can your software maker/management company say that??? Mine can!! PRO: This software program saved me so much money! $$$ It's all in one package from easy automated accounting to billing to affiliate & bidder invoicing to Intuitive consignor tools, Integrated Cc payment management solutions. PRO: One on one developmental support & server management. If I have a problem they are always there for support almost immediately.

Cons

There are NO CONS, it's perfect because the owners worked with me from start to finish customizing the software and the website to suit our company's short and long-term goals to maximize our ability to grow.

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied January 2017

Thank you so much - we love working with you too Jennifer! :)

Cody from Basic Equipment

Bigger costumer base. More people in and out the door who have fun experience using software we have gotten for auction method

Pros

This team works super hard to make usage easy. Work super hard to help you with your needs. Even late at night will be there to answer a phone call to help your company with any needs. There great people, friends, and people to work with. Would recommend anyone!!! They have helped us become a bigger company. Yet we might be a small company to us. There team has made us feel like a important costumer to them. Just great people and pleasure to deal with. The best product and most of all great people to work with and have on our side!!!

Cons

Only cons we have with auction method we did find them sooner. We have yet to have flaw or complaint using thru past few years

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied June 2018

It is our privilege to work with you and the whole team of consummate professionals at Basic Equipment. You rock! Thank you for the kind words and for being such an awesome group of people. :)

Spencer from Nellis Auction

Industry: Wholesale

Online auction site through AuctionMethod

It has been a great experience working with all the people at AuctionMethod. Their staff has always been extremely responsive to the needs of our business from the initial setup of the website to furthered customization and features. Their staff is smart. They have in depth knowledge of the auction industry and that creates an easy channel of communication when designing and building add ons to the website. They are always reachable and quickly resolve software issues. AuctionMethod is an asset partner to any online auctioneer.

Pros

ONLINE timed auction functionality, ease of use, scalability, appearance, easy backend administration. good managerial controls over positions and reporting.

Cons

Hybrid auctions functionality.

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied March 2017

It is our pleasure to serve your company Spencer. Our technology is rapidly evolving in response to the growing needs of our customers. Your feedback is deeply appreciated and taken into consideration by our software development team as we modify existing features (like hybrid auction functionality) and create new ones. Thank you so very much!

Conrad from Capzool

This software has completely transformed how we handle online auctions. Fantastic service.

Fantastic software that has changed the way we handle online bidding

Pros

Since everything is web based it is so much easier to handle all aspects of our business. This software is easy to use and I'd reccomend it to anyone looking for something similar.

Cons

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied July 2018

Thank you for the kind words and positive review Conrad. We are happy to help! I'm also grateful for your introduction to Capzool. It is the social media management and content curation tool I didn't even know I was missing until you introduced me to it. I love businesses like yours that know how to leverage technology to make the world a better place! Rock on!

Maggie from Auction Surplus Tucson

Our second auction platform is amazing

AuctionMethod went out of their way to help us out when our previous platform went out of business with 10 days notice. They sped up the process to get our website designed and running, and talked us through the problems we had adjusting to a similar but different system than we'd been using for 11 months. Everyone has been incredibly nice and helpful, and really gone above and beyond what I expected.

Pros

This software is super user friendly. We switched from another auction platform (not by choice), but Auction Method had been our first choice software in the first place, we just found a less expensive alternative to start out with. The transition was quick and easy, we were up and running with 2 weeks of first contacting Auction Method. The customer support is fantastic, and they're good about explaining things/fixing things, even when it's our fault and not theirs.

Cons

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied May 2019

Thank you Maggie. The whole team here at AuctionMethod is grateful for your kind review of our software service. We are so happy to be supporting the online auctions of Auction Surplus Tucson. You guys rock!

Traci from 1stS

Fast, Adaptive, Friendly, and Experienced

Pros

The team rounds all their software around how you want to use it and the data you want to have. This created a fast transition from are precious software since it was practically the same data needed but with 100 times better interface. The team is friendly and willing to take on extra task to get you up and running as fast as possible. I was impressed when we told them that site needed to go live in less then a week and they did it with still fixing issues. They also took are data and entered it in. They didn't just make a site for us they went over and above and helped with data transfer and manipulation of the data.

Cons

Honestly, There isn't much maybe a bit more control over some setting but that doesn't really affect are work flow since they have a fast response time.

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied June 2018

Your glowing review of our software service means the world to our team Traci. Thank you so much for choosing AuctionMethod to power your online auction platform. We look forward to many years of providing friendly and reliable service to you and your team!

Ted from McWilliams Auction & Realty, LLC

I have worked with Auction Method on 2 online projects. Platform & service are excellent!

A bundle of features that are at the top end of the online auction software platforms.

Pros

Cons

While the price is competitive with similar platforms, I would like to see a greater range of multiple pricing options available to auction companies. Something along the line of flat fee per auction, monthly fee regardless of traffic flow, a max cost per auction, etc. I would state this about any auction software as some auction companies starting out would love this platform but may need lower initial cost to get going and then increases based on increase in number of auctions. Auction Method is fantastic about working with auction companies but more pricing options would bring in a greater number auction companies just entering into the online area.

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied May 2017

Thank you so much for the feedback Ted. We really appreciate your support and value your insight. We're looking forward to working with you on many more projects in the future! :)

Will from Iron Horse Auction Company, Inc.

Great Software & Service

Representative and his team have built a bidding engine that really incorporates what the auction industry needs. The service is great too! Anytime we have questions or even inquiries about specific development, our questions are answered almost immediately.

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied March 2017

It really means a lot to us that you are satisfied with your experience with our software service. Thank you so much Will!

Molly from West Auctions

Easy to Use for Data Entry

Since our auction management software is web-based and integrated with our online auction bidding platform, it is so easy to handle invoicing, user-communications, and especially data entry. I don't have to use a bunch of other software applications to do my job. AuctionMethod gives me all the tools I need, right there on our own website.

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied May 2015

We're so happy that the software works so well for you Molly. It may surprise you to learn that many companies juggle multiple applications to perform the tasks you mentioned. One of the downsides to this is that it results in redundant and unnecessary data-entry. Having a single holistic online auction system really cuts down on the amount of time it takes to do this work and reduces errors. Please let us know how else we can help you do your job even better!

Marta from West Auctions

May 2015

We built our business using AuctionMethod's hosted online auction platform & management software

Over the years, we have successfully transformed our traditional auction business into a thriving online auction enterprise. We specialize in bankruptcy auctions, business liquidations, sales on behalf of creditors and selling real estate by online auction at WestAuction.com. The software and support we receive from AuctionMethod has been instrumental to our success. It has everything we need and allows us to differentiate ourselves in terms of quality of service, marketing capabilities, and overall efficiency. There is no other solution like it!

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied May 2015

You are too kind Marta. It has been a pleasure working with your firm throughout the years. We look forward to continuing to expand the scope and quality of our service to better meet your needs as you grow into the future.

April 2015

Jotham from West Auctions Inc

April 2015

Excellent Platform for Your Online Auction Website

I've been using the AuctionMethod platform for about 5 years and it is great. From managing auctions, uploading pictures, ease to use description manager, this platform has it all. Also features easy to manage emailing features such as reminder emails to potential bidder, email sales bulletin generator, and more. This auction platform has everything you need to start conducting your own online auctions.

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied April 2015

Thank you for the kind words Jotham. We love working with you too! The feedback and ideas we get from auction marketers like you helps us build better software. Your input has helped us build time-saving productivity tools into the platform, like the newsletter and classified ad generators. So, please - keep those ideas coming!

Rose from thediffchico.com

Auction Method-Excellent Support, customers like the software

We have had customers inform us that the Auction Method software is much better than other online auction sites that they have used. Great reports for us to be able to get data quickly and in working format. The ease of this software make my life easier and able to do more auctions without doing a lot of extra paperwork. We are located in CA and they are in MA,I know that they are always there for us at any time of day or night.

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied April 2015

Thank you Rose. You have been using our software service since its inception. It is always a pleasure to work with you. Plus, it's so much fun seeing all the fascinating items for sale at TheDiffChico.com. If variety is the spice of life, then these online auctions are hot hot hot!

Steve from Stev Smith Auctions

Outstanding Customer Service

Pros

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied May 2017

Loved your review Steve! Thank you so much for the kind words. Your happiness as our customer means so much to our entire team!

Diana from AuctionWorks

Great Company & Customer Service

We have been working with Auction Method for several years and highly recommend them. We continually ask them to make changes to our website as our needs change and evolve and they are always quick to respond with a solution that can be implemented fairly quickly and very cost effectively.

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied March 2017

It has been and continues to be an honor and a privilege for us to support your website and serve your business. Your feedback is greatly appreciated - thank you Diana!

Michelle from Northstate Auctions

March 2015

It is very user friendly

I love the product and it helps tremendously to assist in my daily duties

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied April 2015

Thank you Michelle! You are absolutely right that life as an online auction manager doesn't have to be a life of repetitive data entry and drudgery. Efficiency is the name of the game when it comes to being successful at selling by online auction. All you need is a smart administrator like Michelle using the software and productivity tools built into the AuctionMethod website.

ryan from rl liquidators

RL Liquidators

It has been a great 6 years with auction method. They provide great service and support. Our business is better today because of the support and software from auction method.

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied March 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words Ryan. It has been our pleasure to work with you and your entire team. We look forward to many more years of serving your needs.

Ed from InPlace Auction LLC

As advertised. Great people to work with.

This software is created by experienced auction professionals. The support staff and his team are very helpful and responsive. The software works as advertised.

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied March 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words Ed! Coming from a consummate professional such as yourself, this review is certainly a feather in our cap.

Walter from Northstate Auctions

March 2015

Excellent product! We have been using the auction software for three years and love it!

Great product, all inclusive with fantastic customer service.

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied March 2015

Thank you for the glowing review Walter, and for being one of the earliest-adopters of AuctionMethod's software service for auction websites. You've been with us longer than we have even existed as a company!

Harvey from Harvey Bendix Auctioneers

Auction Method

As good as this program is The support from Auctiom Method is outstanding The program being a 5 star Support is 10 star

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied May 2015

Your success in the world of online auctions is our number one goal. We are glad that you like the software and the support we provide.

John Froelich from Ohio Farm Auction

Best Software EVER!

Pros

Even I could use this software from start to finish. The first auction - In 60 seconds, I nailed their cc's and sent out paid invoices to every single buyer. WOW!

Cons

I wish it was free! That's the only improvement I can think of!

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied November 2017

Thank you so much John. We look forward to servicing your technology needs for many years to come!

January 2016

Jennifer from Auction Bridge Llc

January 2016

Fantastic and user friendly.

No cons only pros! This company will rule the market soon!

Response from AuctionMethod

Replied January 2016

Thank you for the enthusiastic endorsement. It makes us so happy that you are satisfied with our service. We really like working with you too!