All Kahoot! Reviews

Rachel

Education Management, 11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

I can not say enough positive things!

Russell

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2019

Students love Kahoot! Teachers love Kahoot!

Creating engaging and exciting assessments for students so that I can check for understanding on key concepts.

PROS

Kahoot is a brilliant creation! If you teach in a one-to-one setting or have access to devices, you need to consider using Kahoot right away! Basically, it's a student assessment tool, but you it's a game-like setting, which makes it fun for the students. Here's why I love it: - First off, students love playing it! The friendly competition is engaging and they are always excited to share what they know in this game. - It's so easy to set up for teachers. You can create your own Kahoot question sets in a matter of minutes. In maybe 10 minutes you can create a fun, 10-20 question quiz game for your kids. Quick and easy! - You have the ability to obtain data on your kids! After the Kahoot, you know what your students do or don't know. And then you can use this data to reteach concepts they're struggling with. - They offer an online library where you can use other question sets created by other teachers. That's extremely handy! Just review what's been created beforehand to make sure it's appropriate for you kids. - It's always been reliable and worked. I can't say the same for other edtech tools that I consistently use. Kahoot's website just always works! - They recently offered a team mode which challenges students to collaborate on quizzes. This is a cool update, and I expect to see Kahoot to continue to be cutting edge with their product. - It's simple to get students "logged in." All that's required is for them to type in a link, enter a number, and add name.

CONS

I am a big fan of Kahoot, so I have nothing to complain about. I would just recommend users to use it wisely. If you want extremely reliable data with little error, you may want to choose another platform. Kahoot encourages students to think and answer quickly, and they may lead them to occasionally select the wrong answer by accident or because of the time feature. You obviously wouldn't use this for a unit test. Similarly, you probably wouldn't use this to pinpoint gaps for individual students. But it is helpful in getting a big picture of gaps of knowledge or trends, if that makes sense. This is also isn't the best tool for tracking data over a long period of time - this is a tool for quick assessments or check-ups. That's not a complaint about Kahoot, just an encouragement for you to use it appropriately!

Simone

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

The original gamester

I will always come back to Kahoot, even if it is sporadically. Despite the paywall, there are still some hidden gems that are free to use.

PROS

Kahoot has made a comeback with the students. After the wave of other platforms, it appears that students really want to come back to the comfort of their first favourite challenges. It is easy to create your own content, as well as save and modify pre-existing Kahoots.

CONS

The new paywalls have made it difficult to access content if you are not a paying subscriber. Whilst I can understand monetising content to support individual creators, it has made me less inclined to use the platform as it severely limits the amount of Kahoots you can access.

Reasons for switching to Kahoot!

I alternate between Quizlet, Kahoot, and Blooket depending on student requests and the nature of the content I am teaching or assessing.

Alper

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

live quiz

PROS

It's a good app for make your lessons enjoyable. You can make quiz to students and they even want to to that.

CONS

Maybe there could be more visual entertainment.

Zahra

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2023

Kahoolawe is great for teachers and parents who are looking for a safe and educational platform

It’s been great

PROS

It’s kind of easy to use and it is a very educational and affective platform for learners

CONS

I wish it could be accessible without the internet and I wish that it had free options

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2021

After years of asking, Kahoot still doesn't "talk" to google classroom

Kahoot is a great way to build and even ensure engagement. Kahoot games are quite plainly a lot of fun both for hosts and players. Its a great way to gamify training or a classroom. So I still love Kahoot and I use it often but I could love it more if there were a way to align it with google classroom and if there was an efficient way to track performance.

PROS

I still love Kahoot despite missing features that would make me love it more. Kahoot is so easy to use and a great way to build engagement. There are so many games to choose from and if somethings not quite right, games can be very easily edited or even created. Games are so fun to play and even fun to host. Kahoot makes gamification easy for fun, interactive learning for all ages.

CONS

What kahoot is missing, which keeps me from loving it even more, is a way to track performance via google classroom or other educational management systems. Kahoot can be launched with google classroom, but then the data from the games isn't sent back to google classroom. So classroom talks to Kahoot, but for whatever reason Kahoot doesn't talk back to google. I reached out to Kahoot many times about this and I get the same answer that this is not a feature they are interested in providing. What a shame. What also happens often is players use hurtful and offensive and inappropriate nicknames. This is quite common in schools but can also happen in the workplace. As far as I know, there is no way to track this. Kahoot offers a friendly nickname generator to avoid this, but then there is no way to track performance. So essentially Kahoot which could be so powerful in assessment and training, is simply reduced to a really fun game or just basic enreichment. Again...What a shame.

Juan Carlos

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Kahoot Software Excellent

It is an excellent product, with great features. Intuitive, dynamic. I recommend it 100% I give it 5 stars.

PROS

I love that Kahoot allows you to interact with different test models in real time. From any device, for group work in business, university or with family and friends. Its interface is easy to use, it is fast, beautiful, and with very good tools to work or generate didactic activities of great value.

CONS

So far I have not had any disadvantages with Kahoot.

Logan

Music, 2-10 employees

Kahoot 4/5 Star

My teachers use it to teach a lot.

PROS

It is great for schools, teachers, students, friends and family to use for learning, having fun or even both.

CONS

That it has a price tag for all features but it isn't that expensive.

1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Fun Interactive Game

Pandemic has made our companies monthly to quarterly meeting including events lame because everything has to be virtual but when we started using Kahoot every online event, the online programs became more interactive and fun. I am working at a bank and every event and meetings we have instead of renting a big place for everyone to gather and enjoy pandemic made us celebrate on each branches so we didnt get to have fun with other people from other branches, that was before Kahoot, now everyone is competitive to win on Kahoot games because our company bosses would send prizes for the winners.

PROS

The best feature i think s the interaction from different places at the same time. Also it's unbelievable that results are finalized real time, it is only a matter of internet speed for each of the participants.

CONS

I hope the developers can add a feature where the host can formulate and customize questions. Aside from that new other games would for sure excite the users more.

Reasons for switching to Kahoot!

It (Google Forms) doesn't show real time results for everyone and cant be played live while on video.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed January 2021

A fun way to make quizes for the class

I think this tool has helped a lot in the learning process of many courses.

PROS

This tool is dynamic and fun, the image and the song are very friendly to the users.

CONS

I think one unlikely feature is that you cannot change your answer once you chose an option. And also the question doesn't appear on the students' screen.

Reason for choosing Kahoot!

You can use it for free, it is very dynamic and fun.

Amanda

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

From Usee to User

I went from using it through an employer, to using it in my everyday life for training purposes, helping the sales team, etc.

PROS

My workplace uses Kahoot in a variety of ways, and I like that it has multiple functionality that cna be customized.

CONS

Some additional buttons may be helpful, rather than shapes. Also - different language capabilities may be useful for the future.

501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2022

Kahoot! : Good fun !

Kahoot played an integral part of my student experience. It provided an interactive, enjoyable learning experience and I would highly recommend it to all lecturers to improve class engagement

PROS

Kahoot! was first introduced to me in my first year or university. After 5 years, I can safely say that this app is an absolute joy . Kahoot! is a shared experience. It is interactive and it takes away from the didactic nature of classes. It is easy to use, once you have a mobile device with wifi, you’re able to participate. I imagine Kahoot! can be used for very large groups because it worked for my class of over 200.

CONS

Persons have the ability to create their own names when participating instead of a user log in, this at times led to some rather inappropriate names. Other than that, great software.

Reasons for switching to Kahoot!

Kahoot reviews each question in isolation leading to better discussions vs with Quizizz, it was difficult reviewing questions afterward all together.

Deepak

Banking, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2024

Kahoot new Friday fun for our offices and teammates.

yeah I have described above for me it was game changer to keep employee engaged

PROS

presentation of winning streak, providing graphical representation of answers.

CONS

it is imroved now 1 year earless it was little dance now its good

Rizza Mae

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Kahoot

Exceptional!

PROS

I like how user friendly is the platform is.

CONS

I think, sometimes the platform loads slowly

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Kahoot-it

PROS

Good study and learning tool for students in 6th through 12th grade and college/university learning and studying.

CONS

When you get a question wrong it tells you the correct answer but does not justify why the answer you chose was wrong and why the correct answer is right. I wish this would be added to the individual-based study structure when you do not have a teacher or professor or study group present to explain.

Reasons for switching to Kahoot!

Honestly, I switch between Quizlet and Kahoot-it for studying. I use both. Quizlet provides more studying tools than Kahoot-it that only has one.

Jacob

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Kahoot - Great fun and engagement

PROS

It gets everyone engaged. They end up learning while thinking that they're only playing

CONS

There can be some frustrations when setting up a game. I would love a more intuitive system for creating questions.

marcos

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Learn easy by competing.

PROS

Its really easy to use. Also the gamification and the real time competition are key to engage your audiencia and make learning fun.

CONS

I cannot find anything wrong. Everything that it does, it does perfectly.

Reviewed January 2022

Kahoot is a fan favorite

PROS

My kids love using Kahoot and are always excited when we use the software in class. It is easy for them to login on their tablets and the design keeps people engaged!

CONS

The kids dont love the background music the app provides and the lag that the website sometimes has.

Reasons for switching to Kahoot!

I liked that this was more interactive for the students and made them care about getting the right answer!

Leonardo

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2024

Kahoot is an excellent way of assessing students, colleagues

My overall experience is that if there are no trolls or hackers within the group then it is a fun way of sharing knowledge, doing assessments and letting colleagues or students do tests, there are some security measures you can take to minimize this risk though, but kahoots should be fun and caring less about security as everything should work as expected.

PROS

Ease of use, the live responses and progress

CONS

Hackers, kahoot is very vulnerable for hackers. There are some sites that enable you to flood kahoots to break the integrity of the program.

Robert A.