All Mentimeter Reviews

Kelli

Entertainment, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed March 2024

Mentimeter Review: Mentimeter Is The Only Way For Presenting.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed June 2022

The most creative audience platform is here!

I have been using Mentimeter in my organization for audience engagement. It helps to set the mood for the session plus the results are visually appealing and helps to connect with the audience in a better way. We use it during our microsoft team meetings and also during virtual sessions. It is the best tool to engage audience in the current remote world.

PROS

1) Interactive and colorful polling visuals 2) Fast and responsive 3) Ease of use 4) Word clouds is an amazing visual to provide insights 5) Multiple options to ask questions 6) Reponses can be done through web and mobile

CONS

1) Free version has limited interactivity 2) Uploading presentation from external source is difficult 3) There should be more templates to represent audience response 4) Option for like and dislike should also be there based on the responses

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2020

A smart tool that looks slick but has some frustrating limitations

We like Mentimeter a lot. You can be up and running with it in minutes, and it takes literally seconds to create a typical wordcloud or other slide. It looks amazing to those answering the questions. There are downsides though and I hope future updates will add functionality and improve the experience for paying users.

PROS

Mentimeter allows you to easily (very easily) create and launch live, interactive polls, surveys and quizzes and create cool things like wordclouds in real time. It has a really smooth mobile integration through the use of QR codes which is a killer feature in the modern age. We have frequently had "wow moments" in meetings, workshops and training sessions using Mentimeter as people see animated quiz standing come in in real time and the like. Zero learning curve from the users point of view and almost frictionless.

CONS

It has a few limitations that make it less slick from the point of view of the person using it compared to the people answering the questions. It does not integrate well with Powerpoint. There is an outdated and never updated plug in which crashes all the time and thus unusable. The other option is to import your slides into Mentimeter and do the whole thing from there. This is not always advisable because animations are not preserved and the general look of the slides suffers. Without PPT integration, if you are running a remote session using Zoom or similar you are forcing people to navigate away from your window to use Mentimeter and then relying on them coming back to see the results come in in real time. It damages the experience tremendously. You get around this by showing QR codes and having them do it on their phones, but still, not ideal. Another issue is that moving or otherwise adjusting slide shows inside Mentimeter is a huge pain. Drag and drop to change the order of slides is basically broken, so me and my team always make sure everything is in order before importing (if we even use importing, see above). Even a no-integrated session with more than a few Mentimeter slides is a huge pain to adjust. Finally, although they claim that switching between say PPT and Mentimeter on the fly is easy, it inhibits you from easily and smoothly moving to the next question. Not ideal.

Reason for choosing Mentimeter

Mentimeter is far slicker and more professional looking

Chad

Reviewed February 2018

An efficient way to get instant feedback

PROS

It is fast and easy to use. Allows the users to remain anonymous so they can feel more comfortable indicating their opinions. Excellent charts to present the poling of the results which is quite handy to verify how your audience feel about a presentation.

CONS

There are quite a few bugs: Sometimes the app doesn't remember the event code. There are times when a question cannot be skipped. It is sometimes problematic to access the results from my PC.

Justine

Human Resources, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed April 2020

Practically Non-Existent Customer Support

My experience with the customer support is woeful. My first few interactions were with a bot, which could not resolve my problem. I then interacted with a human (?) who similarly has yet to resolve my issue. I would state the issue, 24 - 48 hours later I would get a response which did not address it. I would immediately respond and 24 - 48 hours later a different person/bot would respond. It's been a week now and I still don't have resolution. Their hours seem to be a Euro schedule with no weekend support. I have requested a refund and have received no response at all. The whole experience has been disappointing.

PROS

Has numerous features to add interactivity. Functionality is easy to grasp.

CONS

Uploading a presentation proved difficult, despite it meeting the designated parameters. All of the options such as quizzes, polling, etc were greyed out and couldn't be accessed. The basic option is really basic. I upgraded to get enhanced functionality and instead got nothing.

Reason for choosing Mentimeter

I wanted to enhance my presentation with interactive real-time quizzes.

Ben

Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed September 2020

Really good tool but could be more stylish

I have used Mentimeter to deliver richer learning experiences in our business. It is easy to use and doesn't tend to disrupt the flow of the session (unless the wifi is playing up!). It's also great for anonymity and data analytics. As a result, it's also great for focus group and feedback sessions as people feel more comfortable giving feedback when it's anonymous.

PROS

Mentimeter is a new tool in our business so most people haven't experienced using it before. The interactive features are great and create a much more engaging experience. It's also extremely easy to use and feels similar to powerpoint when creating your slides so it has a familiar feel to it.

CONS

My only criticism is that the styling (i.e. look and feel) is a bit basic. It would make the experience much better if it could be styled differently. This is a relatively minor point though.

Reason for choosing Mentimeter

Mentimeter had the functionality that was more aligned to what we needed.

Rodica

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Excellent tool for presentations and feedback!

PROS

I just love Mentimeter, it is so easy to use and so nice to see the results, therea are the options you have to choose for the result. I like the word cloud the best and the polls for activities I use weekly with my students.

CONS

There is nothing I don't like about the app. However for the free use you have just 2 slides to use. For more than 2 slides you have to buy a plan.

Reviewed July 2021

Mentimeter - A great tool to collaborate with your audience!

Overall I think Mentimeter is a fun engaging tool and can be relied upon to engage with your audience. If you are looking to get a real-time feedback from your audience and the result to be shared with them instantly, then Mentimeter is the tool to use. Internally, it's a great way to gather feedback from employees, while staying anonymous.

PROS

Mentimeter provides an easy way to engage with your audience in minutes. The polls can be customized in minutes and they are both desktop and mobile friendly.

CONS

What we like the least is the number of customizations. Mentimeter needs to allow more customizations, especially on the theming side and the slide templates. Often times audience also complaints about being unable to vote or reach the slides, so I hope this is improved soon.

Reviewed May 2022

Create interactive presentation with Mentimeter

Really nice. The tool is super easy to use and anybody can really use it to empower their presentations

PROS

Mentimeter is the first interactive software I find really fun for companies. The first time I used it was during one of our [SENSITIVE CONTENT] presentation. He used Menti to create general interaction during his meeting. It was pretty fun an awesome to see the result appearing live on each of our screens. You can use it in very serious and more decontracted context: really nice.

CONS

Answers cannot be collected, at least from what I know. It's really a "live" tool and cannot be seen again on replay.

Reviewed August 2022

Seriously fun

It is a great software. It allows us to do interactive activities while being live.

PROS

Depending on how you use it, it can be a super strong interactive software to power charge your meetings. You can have your team to anonymous votes, polls and even games (guess who?, guess what, etc). Since we use it, we have so much more fun during our meetings.

CONS

It would be cool to have an option where people put their names so it’s not anonymous. Then we can choose from the start what kind of privacy we want.

Simon

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2023

I use it in teaching

PROS

I use it to get response from everyone when having a lecture in front of 25-100 people. Works great.

CONS

I would like to be able to remove a certain comment in real time. Sometimes students write something inappropriate or offensive and I don't want everyone to see that on the screen.

Gitte

Hospitality, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2022

A Professional Engagement Tool

Overall it is an attractive engagement tool and it allows participants to answer polls anonymously which offers valuable information for me as a presenter.

PROS

It is easy to set up and the interface is very professional when displaying the interactive surveys and polls. It is a great tool to build engagement with the audience as I give marketing presentations for my business.

CONS

It does not integrate well with PowerPoint which made my presentation crash and also causes participants to have to switch between the PP and the Mentimeter poll which took away from the experience of my presentation.

Samuel

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Make it with mentimeter

PROS

It's faster to use and Convenient not like others

CONS

Sometimes lacks customization and intergrt

Matilde

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Great variety of poll questions

PROS

Like the variety of poll questions it has, making so easy the creation

CONS

the images in the presentation should improve

Reason for choosing Mentimeter

more polling options, better price

Peter

Investment Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Mentimeter works well overall without too much mental taxing

PROS

East to learn, easy to use, quick to get started, variety of survey/poll types.

CONS

I sometimes need to combine a couple of different types of survey questions into a single question. Not easily done.

Larz

Entertainment, 1 employee

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed March 2018

Group Interactions at its best

Interactive Presentations and Polling

PROS

Great presentation tool that allows the host to engage and interact with the audience in real-time. The polling feature is lovely and allows for the setting of questions and the audience can give their input using a mobile phone or any other device connected to the Internet.

CONS

No cons for me. But since I have to put something, you can't control , how truthful the audience are with the presentation polls.

Paula

Management Consulting

Used free trial

Reviewed April 2015

One of my favourite tools

I use Mentimeter probably every week. We have to do a lot of our meetings remotely through telco or Lync, and with Mentimeter I can make sure that all participants are equally involved in the process. My favorite set-up is to do the "single choice" series with a segmentation of the results at the end. There is often a very appealing aha-effect from seeing th results diplayed like this in real-time. I don't know of any other tool that could let you do this. What I love is especially is the fact that I can make Mentimeter look almost exactly like our own PPT-template. I have been asked several times if this is an internal tool :) Mentimeter is at it's most valuable when it spurs a discussion around the results. This can be incredible sometimes, since the audience has created the results together, they feel that what they are seeing is truly relevant and they often do their uttermost to draw the right conclusions from the data.

Karim

Oil & Energy, 10,000+ employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed August 2021

Engaging and fun Virtual Meeting tool

MentiMeter was very helpful in many presentations I did. Audience enjoyed the quiz feature very well.

PROS

I liked the main user interface, ease of use for most of the features. I liked the polls and quiz feature is appealing to the eyes. It even has music and avatars.

CONS

I think it was too expensive for my budget. There was a new feature for remote, but It was super clear for me how to use and its purpose. Not sure if there was powerpoint add-ins?

Bojan

Higher Education, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Simple yet great presentation software

Mentimeter is a great tool that I use in almost all my classes. In a few minutes, you can collect students' opinions or create any kind of presentation. It is definitely a tool that I would recommend using

PROS

Mentimeter is super easy to use presentation software. I have used only free version, which is limited to 12 presentations but it was enough for what I have needed. There are many question types to choose from but I used (and liked) the most "word cloud". I am using word cloud almost regularly in my classroom as I would like to know students opinion about certain topic.

CONS

In my opinion pro plan is a little bit expensive and basic plan do not offer that much to switch from free to basic.

Andrea

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Easy to Implement Assessment Tool

PROS

Our nonprofit education team was able to easily set-up and integrate Mentimeter into our virtual workshops to gather feedback and engage our community.

CONS

I'd like to be able to download a report that highlights the answers from different polls (ie the surveys from three different dates or sites) without having to re-use the same survey.

Natalie

Medical Devices, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Fun, simple way to keep meetings engaging

Our larger meetings (especially world-wide) have been revolutionized. People pay attention, can anonymously share what they truly feel, or participate in easy and manageable team building.

PROS

LOVE the word clouds-- great way to keep attention in meetings by asking for submissions like that or adding in polls. Really versatile software, usable both for business and for team building. Easy to use as "Two Truths and a Lie" game, trivia, etc. on top of gathering employee ideas/feelings relating to work

CONS

Honestly no complaints- very intuitive, simple, low-maintenance.

Reshma