• Pros

• "I like the features of the program. There are too many to list here but it's a robust program sufficient for any automotive shop. "

• "Allows my team to be very productive with the features any growing shop needs. Support is outstanding and lets me multi task while receiving quick responses. "

• "EASE OF USE. THIS PROGRAM CAN BE USED TO WHAT EVER LEVEL YOU WANT. TECH SUPPORT IS GREAT. PRICE IS VERY REASONABLE."

• Cons

• "Could stand to have some more customizing options, it has a lot already for an SQL based app but it needs a few more. Added features take time to get in the program if they actually do."

• "So far so good albeit I have had some glitches where it lost a file or two so probably needs some fixing in the coding of the software."

• "There is to much to learn after you feel you have gotten the hang of it, you discover something new, my advise is know the aspect of the software you want and capitalize on it. "

Browse MaxxTraxx Reviews

Zainab from Einstein Automotive Services

Maxxtraxx Pro is the best out there

Problems this software as solved for my autoshop includes: 1.Stopped the clashing of appointments totally 2. Give the technician sense of timing thereby making us meet up with the deadline of clients 3. Little errors when it comes to numbers in the inventory was solved and many more

Pros

Using maxxtraxx pro, as increased the dynamics of job done in the auto shop when it comes to do with timeliness, accuracy and the employers working diligently. In administrative department, it as been of great importance in the aspect of setting appointments (successfully helped in avoiding clashes of client), the tracking of work in progress as successfully put the technicians on their A game, the inventory and invoice tracking as helped when it comes to cost and quality of parts bought. The technicians also love the integration of the software with AllData app which is what they are familiar with and the account section also love the software. I would strongly recommend this software to anyone and its money well spent.

Nick from Modesti's Car Care Center

MxxTraxx Pro is easy to use and has many features

Pros

It is full of many features. It really is a robust shop management system. Client management, inventory control, etc.... It integrates well with parts vendors online part ordering systems. Many features can be customized based on your preferences.

Cons

The scheduling/appointment system is lacking. We can create appointments, put estimated hours in but we can't schedule based on hours available per technician per day. I feel more attention needs to be put into this feature. We should be able to schedule work to techs from the appointment scheduler. Marketing features are a bit weak. There aren't many marketing features if you wanted to do your marketing in house.

Response from Scott Systems

Replied August 2019

Nick, thanks for the nice review. We appreciate the 15+ year relationship with you and your crew. In regards to the Schedule and Marketing features not being as strong as the rest of the program, we agree. When those modules were created, they were the best in the industry and still work extremely well. However, with the new technology that is available today, they can certainly be upgraded and improved for those shopowners that want the absolute best. Our plan is to concentrate on both of these areas in the next three months. Expect a call from us for input as to your needs in those modules. In the meantime, we have two major updates coming out over the next six weeks. that will continue the constant improvement we strive for in MaxxTraxx.

Hank from Advanced Auto Fabrication

Good over all but lacking improvement over time.

Growing our business. But we were told going in that MaxxTraxx would be growing with us and we have not seen that on the soft wear side.

Pros

We can add our our parts in that we build in house much easier than other programs. Data moved over from our old system well.

Cons

Old school type menus, but the biggest thing is we can not stretch out big jobs over more than one day on the schedule.

Stan from Smiths Auto Repair

Absolutely the best combination of value, ease of use , and functionality.

Great. Over the years we had very few problems and their help was always immediate and accurate when we did. We are closing our business and retiring and will miss connecting with our friends at Scott.

Pros

At first the ease of use, then the functionality, then the people at Scott Systems. It impossible to single out one aspect of this business; it is a great package.

Cons

Nothing at all. The software is so full of features we never found anything it would not do.

Reasons for Choosing MaxxTraxx

Ease of use, functionality. And the industry knowledge, helpfulness and friendliness of the people. Just get MaxxTraxx and you will never look back.

Gary from San Francisco Auto Repair Center

MaxxTraxx, One of The Best Auto Shop Point Of Sale Systems Out There

We have been a MaxxTraxx Pro user for over 10 years, we use it as POS, book keeping, inventory. We love it, it does everything we need at a competitive price and with great support.

Pros

CUSTOMER SUPPORT, Recently due to a health issue my life partner needed to learn how to use this software on the fly. She was able to get up and running almost immediately due to the intuitive user interface, but also phone support was essential in getting up to speed quickly.

Cons

It is a complex program, it can be difficult to find how to do a specific action, but no matter what you want to do this software has that capability.

Reasons for Choosing MaxxTraxx

Great price, great tech support, bulletproof product. I mention tech support a lot, but only because WHEN we need it the support is fantastic, but I hardly ever NEED it!

Gary from San Francisco Auto Repair Center

MaxxTraxx Pro the best solotion for running an Auto Shop

Been using MaxxTraxx for 28 (?) years, changed over to the windows version in 2010 and never looked back. The changeover went well, their tech support is AMAZING. We love it, and would not use anything else

Pros

It has so many features, even after 10 years of using it I discover new things that it can do all the time. It does my customer intake, marketing follow ups, inventory, invoicing and my back room. It interfaces with Quickbooks and other accounting software so my accountant can log in and do his thing. It also has a plethora of different reports so I can see whats happening IN my business

Cons

It has a huge l;earning curve. A bit cumbersome to get through pages to the end result (i.e. having to click 3 or 4 times thru different fields to complete a task)

Craig from Southside Auto Tech

I have work with Scott Systems since the DOS days. I have grown my company with them.

Personal help.

Pros

The support team is second to none. They take suggestions and make it happen.They are just like family and work with my business. I never have to worry about lost data or down systems. I have changed my computer systems and network in the may years I have been with them. I currently have VMware that is a virtual network that I implemented 5 years ago. Scott Systems was there with me to make it happen. If you are looking for a company that has your back and cares about your business as much as you do you have found the place.

Cons

Nothing. Scott Systems is a great company to make your shop the best it can be.

Kevin from Kampfam RV & Truck Service

Best purchase for our shop

Pros

SQL based, rock solid performance, networks well. Intelligently designed and works well in our RV shop environment. The parts ability has given us much greater control over our parts prices and purchasing. Takes a little to get used to and set-up the way you want but well worth the time and investment.

Cons

Response from Scott Systems

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the nice review Kevin. We are working each day on ways to make the program better. If you have specific feature requests, please contact our Support Department or submit a Feature Request Ticket from the Help Menu in MaxxTraxx. As you may know, most major Feature Requests go to the Voting Board for all of our users to vote for while minor ones that we think will have value for the majority of our users are handled as soon as possible . We do our very best to add worthwhile new things while always trying to minimize program bloat. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Frank from FIS ON SITE SERVICE LLC

Great software

Pros

Accounting and payroll is very easy to use. Everything is integrated great. Full accounting system. Best customer support i have ever had.

Cons

A better service due reminder system to flag when customers are due.

Response from Scott Systems

Replied January 2020

Thanks for the kind words Frank. It's nice to know our efforts are paying off for our family of users. We agree with the need for an improved reminder system. Expect to see it soon.

Nick from Modesti's Car Care Center

MaxxTraxx Pro is great for shops

We have used MaxxTraxx for 13 years in shop and have found it to be a great program overall

Pros

Cons

Slow to adopt new technologies as they become available.

Response from Scott Systems

Replied January 2019

Hello Nick. First and foremost, thank you for trusting us with your business since 2005. We are constantly adding to the program but we know it is never fast enough. I'll call you so we can go over any new tech that is of interest to you. It changes everyday as you know.

BYRON from BEN HILL AUTOMOTIVE

I TRIED THE REST NOW I FOUND THE BEST

IN ORDER FOR YOU TO KNOW IF AN AUTO SOFTWARE IS GOOD, YOU SHOULD HAVE TRIED SOME PROGRAMS TO KNOW THE GOOD FROM THE BAD. OVER THE LAST 20 YEARS I'VE USED AT LEAST 10. MAXX TRAXX IS THE BEST BY FAR.

Pros

Cons

THE ONLY CON YOU'LL GET IS THE COMPANY CALLING YOU TO SEE HOW YOU ARE COMING ALONG. THAT'S THE BEST CON TO HAVE.

July 2012

Amanda from Munich Motorsport

July 2012

If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing!

Something else we love? The fact that it's 'Made in the USA'. It means the world to use that we are supporting an American business, and that when we call (or chat or email) for support, we speak with one of their team members that we have developed a relationship with, as opposed to a call center overseas who asks for our customer number each time our call is transferred.

Pros

We have been faithful subscribers of Scott Systems for over a decade, having initially converted to their software during the Y2K scare. We've received calls from several other potential software vendors courting our business, but never has one been able to match the features that Scott Systems provides for the price. We love their support and training resources. They enabled our transition to the the upgraded software version to be near seamless, and we also believe they will be a great orientation for new-hires. We use the full accounting features, and it saves us the hassle of having to import/export and/or double entry of data. Further, the integrated Credit Card processing was SO simple to setup, and makes life a breeze- no separate terminal with tacky thermal paper rolls; the C/C confirmation prints directly on our invoices, which looks high-end.

Cons

Can't think of any cons, but I'm sure that if we do they'll add it to their list of feature requests and implement changes promptly!

Scott from Sterling Motorwerks

Can't say enough good things about this software!!! Awesome! Price reasonable. Great people!

Ease of use. Very functional. Cost effective. Dynamite support.

Pros

Cost vs. Benefit is off the charts. Unbelievably easy to learn and use. We were referred by another shop and have had the same experience - perfect! From scheduling to billing it's easy and fast.

Cons

As others have noted, you can't have an appointment/job stretch over more than one day. that leads to a lot of duplicate appointments to block off time.

Geopge from Zalooms Auto Repair

Started with MaxxTraxx 1990 and Satisfied ever since

MaxxTraxx has grown with me over the last 28 years. I have kept up with technology and found MaxxTraxx to be superior to any other. Simple yet powerful

August 2016

Sharon from Deutsch's Truck & Diesel Repair, Inc.

Great Customer Service/Tech Help

Such great software, been using Scott System MaxxTraxx Pro for at least 15 years. Great tech support, very friendly and helpful.

Nicola from J C Tire

August 2016

Fantastic! I wish we would have found this years ago.

Extremely quick and helpful customer service. Ive never had an issue that wasnt resolved right away. The software is quick and fully loaded. Its great that all the new features released are automatically included in the next update.

Pros

Quick. Easily customization. Great integration with vendors and alldata.

Great for creating RO's

Very helpful product and makes the job quite a bit easier.

Pros

Definitely recommend this product for creating repair orders and setting rates that your shop can use for common day to day jobs such as brake pads, fluid changes/flushes, and the like so it removes a lot of guesswork when trying to remember prices on specific jobs.

Cons

Azam from Anderson Auto Electric Co.

Excellent Software

Pros

Ease of use Tech Support is the best I've seen in my 20 years of dealing with shop software.

Cons

Declined services not being able to be printed with price on repair order.

November 2015

Kenneth from Auto Pro Service Center

November 2015

Never any issues that can't be resolved quickly

Have been using the MaxxTraxx System for years and love it and the people involved. Excellent system that is cost efficient and works well. Highly recommend this system to anyone in the industry that wants a great customer base system and financial accountability system. Thanks for putting a great system out there at a reasonable price with excellent customer service. My accountant has no issues with the reports and is pleased that we are able to keep track of our business.

September 2015

TOM from BEST AUTO SERVICE CENTER

September 2015

Excellent operating system.

My system was not working last Monday. I put a request in at 8 am eastern time. I did not expect an answer right away being the Maxx Traxx people are located in California. They responded immediately and had the shop up and running and we were back in business. I was impressed. I want to thank the Maxx Traxx organization for an excellent job. I would recommend your software to any shop owner.

November 2011

Mike from Mike Snyder's Service Center

November 2011

Very Pleased User.

Do yourself and business a favor and implement Maxx Traxx.

Pros

I am very pleased with Maxx Traxx. After all our time spent to research systems, the results have been well worth it. From the capabilities of Maxx Traxx to Customer Support all have exceeded my expectations.

Cons

Marketing. Maxx Traxx needs to be easier to find out about.

April 2014

Mike from JeepFix

April 2014

Awesome Service

Called other companies on list. A few of them could not even pick up the phone. Called MaxxTraxx. Sabrina picked up phone on first ring. I feel like MaxxTraxx is committed to helping me build a successful shop.

Mike from Swedish auto tech. Inc

GRRRRREat Product!

I used Mitchell and All Data software but found this is more Legal in the Labor perspective, good looking invoices.

November 2014

gary from gary'a transmission service

November 2014

Maxx Traxx pro

This has to be one of the best small ever. Very easy to use and some of the Best support by any software that I have ever used