Browse Backup4all Reviews

Mark from UPS

actually it's the best backup software for windows

Pros

I wanted a professional, scheduled backup with optional cloud transfer, running from a service. It was important that capable of smart mirroring the files.

Cons

can't tell. I really didn't find any issues with this software.

Response from Softland

Replied May 2019

Hi Mark, Thank you for the review.

Chloe from Faerie Dreams

How Much Is Your Data Worth?

Back in 2006 I had a double hard drive failure which resulted in me losing an entire year's worth of work. I was determined to not let that ever happen again, so I looked around for some good backup software and found Backup4All. I have been using it ever since. I am a graphic CG artist and keep about 4 terrabytes of data backed up every couple of days. Backup4All is the perfect solution as it allows me to keep an exact mirror of all my data. It would be impractical to do a complete new backup of that much data each time, so I use the fast mirror option which only backs up what has changed or been deleted since the last. I have my data organized into about 7 different backups on multiple backup drives which I can run simultaneously with Backup4All. Backup4All is quick and easy and performs these multiple tasks without any problems. I have looked and not found any other backup software that allows this kind of flexibility. Of course another added benefit is that I know if I accidentally delete or write over a file, have a backup copy. Backup4All has been an invaluable asset in my business and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a low cost, easy to use solution for protecting their valuable data.

Pros

runs multiple backups simultaneously Many options for backing up data, including a full mirror backup

Cons

Sometimes the backup catalog gets confused so you must be careful not to let that happen and never change any files in the backup itself or an entire new backup from scratch is required.

It simply does what it's meant to do

Pros

Good performing your backups (on demand and planned) and a wide set of features.

Cons

Sometimes we missed flexibility and customization options.

With BACKUP4ALL I feel safe when it comes to storing copies of the tasks I do day after day...

This program allows you to make backup copies of the files very easily and with a large number of functions and configuration possibilities. Includes a wizard that will guide us step by step through the process of creating the backup, has file filters, password protection, file compression and utilities to program and automate backups.

Pros

I use this software every day in my work for more than 3 years. What I like the most is that I can make safe copies of everything I do on my PC. This makes me work safely. The best thing is that it is very easy to install and use. It is very efficient because it compresses all the information that has been copied and allows you to access it without problems.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing that you do not like. I would say it's amazing because you can have the copies saved on CD and that makes it amazing.

John from JohnPenchosky.com

Best Backup Solution!

I have been using Backup4All since version 4.x. I use it to backup 5 home pc's running Windows. It has always performed reliably and the company has done a great job of enhancing the product and providing updates. It has more features than I need and is very easy to install and setup. It backs up to just about any media type including backup to the cloud. I would recommend this product and have no regrets with my purchase.

Pros

Easy to setup and get backups working

Cons

Managing jobs at each client, wish there was a central management option.

Zoran from Mikroautomatik

Industry: Research

Excellent tool

Simply it does its job

Pros

Fro those who makes backup of multiple computers on network it is perfect solution. It makes Shadow copy of directory and it does on the schedule which user defines. I like this app. Affordable price.

Cons

Sometimes it has annoying messages when computer scheduled for backup is not present on network.

Everyone Needs to Back Up Their Files

Pros

I have a lot of files saved on my drive and if a virus were to crash my computer and delete all my files, I’m doomed. God forbid, I hope that never happens to me which is why we use Backup4all. Although there are no guarantees in life, Backup4all gives me peace of mind. I can work and not have to worry about these circumstances. I use a lot of data that requires a lot of space and Backup4all provides ample space for my work. Once I installed this software, it was very easy to use and served its purpose.

Cons

Price seems to be a little costly and hope they could determine the best price that could benefit both user and service provider. This will make it more appealing for all.

Giorgi from BustedMind

Simply the best backup software for Windows!

I use Backup4all for a while now already and I can surely say that this the most user-friendly and to-the-point backup software which does perfectly its job. It never gave me any an extra headache while using it for its purpose. Directly and in a fast way does the backups and the stuff I need with it. To be honest, it's my first backup software that I paid for and I'm completely satisfied with the value it provides. In short, it's the simple-to-use and utterly effective piece of program that exactly does the staff it's advertised for.

Pros

- Extremely easy to use and user-friendly. - Clean and solid user interface - Backup scheduling which is utterly useful if you wanna leave the computer turned off and do the backups during the night time automatically. - Ability to upload backup on Amazon S3 and Dropbox. That's what I use the most. Handy feature.

Cons

Can't really say any cons of the software as so far I didn't experience any yet. It perfect meets my expectation whatever I use it for.

Good software at a great price

Good, reliable backups.

Pros

Easy to setup and use overall good software. Can set up multiple days and each saves a different set if you would like.

Cons

Had issues with password after encryption. Other than that, there are no other cons i have found so far.

Ponde from Africa Capacity Alliance

I feel it is a safe place for all my data

I feel it is a safe place for all my data

Pros

I love the fact that I can now easily backup all my data from my desktop in one place, with easy access.

Cons

I feel the price for Backup4all is a little much high for an individual user of the product. probably if it could come down to a reasonable price

Response from Softland

Replied September 2018

Hi Ponde, Thank you for the review. We do have a cheaper edition, Lite, which is $20.

Debjit from Alpana Web Solutions

Simple yet powerfull tool for all my backups.

A very intitutive UI backup software, just install sync and forget your most horrible data loss drems. :)

Pros

I usually use incursive backup for my long-term projects, mirror backup for others and they perform behind and I can check the log and see everything is ok or not. There are lots of option to chose for how to back up. The UI is familiar(I use W10) and workes pretty well. Their guide is self-explanatory and support is fine. Love the feature of backup to your chosen cloud that eliminates my sync after taking backup problems.

Cons

Sometimes it takes forever to copy a simple config (named like .config/.env) file that I have to restart the backup software / sometimes my computer. Programme crashes sometime and I have to do the manual backup after that.

Ben from SMART

Great Backup Software

Pros

I love the ability to have scheduled backups automatically provide incremental updates to my Synology NAS and the ability to browse those files after

Cons

If files were already present on the machine in the same spot - but had never been through a backup process they are transferred anyways

Reasons for Switching to Backup4all

I wanted automatic backups

Sanjeev from Monmouth University

Great backup software

Pros

Easy to use once you figure out what type of back up you want

Cons

Types of backup are not clearly explained. Each could use an example and more explanation such as when to use.

Brooke from NorthCoast Electric

BackUp4all: 4 when U 4get!

Backup4all has saved my butt SO many times. Before backup4all, I had to start spreadsheet workbooks over again if I lost them. That can sometimes be a loss of a week of work. Backup4all has been my behind the scenes hero more times than I can count in the year I have been using it at work.

Pros

It's got my back when I am forgetful or we have a system failure.

Cons

The price is a bit much for an individual consumer.

Chad from Ohio Valley Veterinary Care Center pllc

Received backup4all with a management system.

Pros

Easy to use. Customer service is excellent. Will backup anytime you set it to. The backup system is small and sits right with the server.

Cons

My least favorite part of the system is having to change the cartridges daily. I realize it's necessary but still a pain to remember.

Response from Softland

Replied September 2018

Hi, Thank you for the review. However I'm not sure I understand what "change the cartridges" is related to, as Backup4all doesn't back-up to tape.

Brandon from Southern Missouri Containers

Good cheap backup software

Pros

Robust features at a good price. Supports many different backup locations SFTP, FTP, SMB, cloud etc. Easy to create backup jobs and schdeule them

Cons

Version updates require paying for newer version, but the software is not that expensive, so if a new feature is needed it wont be that expensive to upgrade.

Response from Softland

Replied September 2018

Hi Brandon, Thank you for the review. Minor updates are always free (i.e from version 7.1 to 7.2), only new major versions are paid - although we do offer discounts up to 60% for those upgrades, and they are not mandatory.

Sharon from DiscountCopierCenter

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Backup4all is a great windows program. It allows me to backup my everything.

Backup4all provides a complete solution to windows backup requirements.Definitely worth giving this solution a try.Great for backup needs.

Pros

Compatible with all windows versions. Can back up anything to any type of device even to network connected devices. Easy to use interface.

Cons

File encryption is not available on the free version. Takes times to stop when trying to cancel a running job.

Anil from Life Insurance Group

Backup4all for creating backup's

Pros

In today's world we all understand the importance of data be it my presentations, word documents, important software's, personal pictures. At the beginning I used an approach where i was transferring all the key documents and data from my PC to an external hard drive. This is a tedious job to do. Then i moved to using Backup4all which saves me a lot of time by running my backup's in the background. Not only this but by having save my backup's directly to Google Drive or Dropbox , I no longer need any external drives and also keep my PC data clean.

Cons

1. The UI could be made more intuitive, giving a better user experience and capability to navigate withing the tool more easily. 2. Reminders to report regular backup's could be added, where the user would be notified for an action.

Iain from Self Employed

Good backup software with a number of editions offering flexibility in meeting backup requirements

Regular backups for PC.

Pros

The attractive ribbon interface and straightforward menu structure make the software reasonably easy to use. The 'lite' edition (which I use) offers backup to local, external (HDD/USB Drives only) and network locations. Also of note are the plugins available for Firefox, Chrome, and Thunderbird, all of which as very useful.

Cons

No backup to a FTP or SFTP location is available in the 'Lite' edition, but only in the professional edition.

Great backup!

Pros

I like that I can backup all my data in one place without thinking to hard. I know all my data is safe and secure also.

Cons

The user friendly side of the product could be better. You have to search for some things and learn how to do them.

Response from Softland

Replied September 2018

Hi, Thank you for the review. We're looking into simplifying the UI even more in the next major version, as to help new users.

Brian from VISIONx, Inc.

Excellent Backup software

I am using the Professional version to make weekly automated backups onto BluRay discs. During my evaluation, I had a small issue getting setup and emailed tech support. Their response came within the day with a coherent suggestion that completely fixed my problem. Backups have been running without any problem since then. 100% recommended. It surpasses my expectations for the price.

Pros

Email notifications about backups being completed are wonderful. Ability to backup to BluRay it crucial for us. Options to specify compression size to control the amount of time the backup takes and size are super useful.

Cons

I only wish I could get email notifications when the software is awaiting a new disc to continue the backup.

Shrish from HCL Technologies

A useful tool for creating & managing backup's

I am a person, for whom data is of prime importance, and one thing i hate the most is loss of data and then looking for recovery options to get back your data. I used Backup4all for helping me create & manage backup's on windows machine, this helps me save a lot of time and ensures data integrity. Their backup wizard is quite explanatory and helps you choose what operations you want to perform. I had a good time using this software and would recommend this to people with dependency on data.

Pros

Ease to use wizards, cost effectiveness, data integrity.

Cons

Does not support IOS, need that solution soon.

Petya from webimpression

I love working with Backup4all!

I recomment it! It does great job for me!

Pros

I have used this software for couple of months, but I am very exited and it is one of the preferred backup software. It saves all my data, from different devices. It has four different types of backups! I can also use ddifferent cloud services to backup in. It is also very easy to restore data! I love it!

Cons

No cons found at this moment, I like what I saw. I will contionue to use it and if something comes up - I can always add it in my review.

Response from Softland

Replied May 2019

Hi Petya, Thank you for the review.

Sebastien from IGP

Best backup software I used.

I downloaded all the free and free to try backup software I could find on reputable site and Backup4All is the only product that does all what I could dream of for my small business. It haves features available in expansive business product but at an affordable price. I did try the product for some days and felt it was the right product for me so I bought it right away. I would recommend it for home usage too.

Gina from J2 Media

Industry: Information Services

Having a backup of your important data gives you peace of mind

Pros

The installation is simple and the process is smooth .You can use both an USB or backup your files on a cloud server you already have . There are notifications for any time of changes and you can schedule the backup in advance in a time that is convenient for you .

Cons

If some file can't be properly copied for some reason and you can't figure out the issue ,you have to start over and this can take a long time .

parveen from Infosys

A must have tool on every machine

Automatic Backup and Email notifications

Pros

Nice job guys, liked its rich features e.g. cloud backup, multilingual features, automatic backup. I do not to worry to take the backup now, it is running on my system taking the regular backup with out any interference which has taken all my worries and i am happy using it and has recommended to my associates.

Cons

this is limited to the time which is considered for backup, it should be increased to some more duration.

Backup and be safe

Pros

Better do it then regret later! This software is a must for all kinds of backups you need. It can store backup wherever you want: on the usb, external hard drive or even cloud networks like Google Drive...

Cons

Its UI is a little bit confusing but after using it for a couple minutes, you will be rocking it next time because at first it may see complicated but it is actually good indeed. Just maybe not so beginner friendly.

David from Ogle School Management

My go to backup software.

Pros

The thing I like most about this backup software is the ease of use. This backup software is a true set it and forget it type of backup software.

Cons

The thing I least like about this software is the price. I think it should be priced a little cheaper for a consumer.

Response from Softland

Replied September 2018

Hi David, Thank you for the review. Regarding the price, we do have a cheaper edition (Lite) which is $20.

Harold from University of Puerto Rico

Fast and good backup software

Pros

This is a good option to backup your files. It is cheap and you can restore the data easily.

Cons

I didnt have any problem with this software. An update can be released and add more options.

Luis from e-troni C.A

Excellent program for save my information

I used to do total backup of all my information. But sometimes is not productive for the time i spend doing this. This software help me to administrate my backup.

Pros

The possibility to take only part of the files to save it. Is useful for save quick more important files when you do large backup

Cons

upgrade the portable version. Because doesnt support scheduled backups.

Jake from Skuid

Great Backup for Professional or Personal Use

I used Backup4all as a test on my PC and it worked wonderfully! The setup did not take long and now I have peace of mind knowing that my computer will be recoverable should anything happen.

Pros

I do not think you can put a price on peace of mind. Having a backup of everything on my computer is a lifesaver.

Cons

I wish that it was a little less expensive, but I still think the product is well worth it.

Ionel from Pricing group SRL

Congratz to the owner

It`s a great ideea. Who did this soft, I wont to say.. Congratz mate... I have now connected my ftp, my work backup, and my team can use it verry easly.. No much thing to explain them...

A good choice for local & cloud backups

Pros

Easy to use, compatible with many cloud services. No monthly fee, just pay once for the software. Automatic updates that run in the background.

Cons

Not available for Mac Os but that was fine for this particular task as it was not necessary. Other than that nothing that comes to mind.

Priyanka from Pinaki Technology

Used Backup4all for creating Back up's and restoring my PC to a scheduled date.

How many of us have been in situations when our PC has been behaving abnormally, and creating all sorts of problems. I have been in such a situation once, where I had to demonstrate the progress on the project but unfortunately my laptop was not in the mood to support me. Since due to some malicious error all the files were corrupted and i was unable to do anything about it. That's when i realized that i must create regular backup's or rather automatic backup's I have been using backup4all majorly for creating backup's and restoring my PC to a scheduled date or a point in time. This has offered me easy recovery options when my machine has not been showing a stable a behavior.