All Boulevard Reviews

Used unspecified

Reviewed July 2023

Boulevard Saved Our Business

Reviewed November 2020

Top-tier salon management solution that continues to improve

We are very happy with our switch to Boulevard. Migration went very smoothly, we got up and running with minimal problems, support has been great since day 1. The only issues we've had have been or are currently being actively worked on in product cycles. Our day-to-day is much smoother than previous solutions, we love being on Boulevard!

PROS

Intelligent booking and client-specific service timing has saved us countless hours at the front desk and increased our service revenue 10%+. The calendar and schedule are very easy to use, our new front desk staff is trained up in half the time as previous software. The integrated booking widget that lives on our site is wonderful for preserving a fluid brand experience for clients booking online.

CONS

Add-ons for advanced features can start to add up on top of an already higher base price, and the cost to migrate from an another product can get very high (though if you are good with Excel you can prep migration sheets yourself and save a lot like we did). Reporting was initially a weak spot but has been continuously improved over the past year and is nearly at parity with our previous solution.

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Intelligent scheduling, more flexibility with service timing and pricing, integrated booking widget.

Elyse

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Happy we made the switch to Boulevard

Overall I am happy with Boulevard. Again, I was told some things upon signing up that were untrue, so that did make a bad first impression. However, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] saved the day as best she could. I am still waiting for hopefully new features in the program to make it easier as a business owner to use, as well as easier for clients and my receptionists to make less errors booking.

PROS

Boulevard is very user friendly. We used to have Mindbody software and are very happy we made the switch. The onboarding process was a little rocky, as there was some misinformation given to me, however, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very helpful and attentive helping me figure everything out. The consumer online booking looks sleek and is easy to use.

CONS

There seems to still be some kinks with online booking, I wish it smart booked better. It also is easy to book a staff member a service they don't perform. The sales reports include tax & tip, I wish there was a way to see our true sales without having to get out a calculator and do it myself. I also was told Mailchimp was included in the high monthly price, however, I have to pay almost $200 more a month for Mailchimp on top of the Boulevard price.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

It seemed user friendly and I liked the online booking and smart booking option (which ended up being false information, so yes...i was very bummed to realize that one of the reasons I switched was not a reality)

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Mindbody customer service was awful. I disliked there online booking platform.

Jackie

Great for spas

PROS

The simplicity/quickness to book clients out 2,4,6 weeks with the quick rebook option at checkout, the visibility of calendars, the check in process

CONS

Wish the texts could stay open as you’re looking for dates/other things within Boulevard instead of having to go back and retype a reply

Kitae

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

If you like to pay through the eyes for expensive software that isn't very intuitive, by all means

Horrible. Costs too much for the subscription and their system is not very intuitive. It takes few extra steps to do anything in the system. Extra steps create a lot of places where mistakes can be made, especially when it comes to scheduling.

PROS

It is generally easy to learn out of the box, however there is definitely learning involved.

CONS

The POS system is a joke and they force you to utilize them as a Merchant Processesor. Their rates are competitive with other premier solutions like Square, but they literally give you a $0.50 magnetic card swiper from China to process the payments. The alternative is to buy a glorified card reader for $150 (literally a block that is a glorified magnetic card swiper) that interfaces with your iPad through Bluetooth. If you have every used Bluetooth technology on your phone, you know how horribly unreliable that it can be. If the device times out when you're taking payment, be prepared to ask your clients to wait while you spend 5-10 minutes making sure that the devices are back on line. The

Reason for choosing Boulevard

They had a good sales pitch and the sales guy did a good job of putting his hook into me. Also, I finally got too fed up with Booker's glitches.

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Booker was good, but ever since they got acquired by MindBody, it has been the bastard step-child acquisition that no one cares about. Full of glitches and down all the time.

Katie

Retail, 51-200 employees

Katie

Overall I'm very happy with the software. It's easy to use and training desk staff to use it is super slick. I love all the how to guides. Also, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our managing partner has been amazing, always quick to respond and goes above and beyond with helping us.

PROS

I love how easily it sends comfirmations and takes care of the busy work we usually need to hire staff to complete, like pulling reports, custom timing for clients, and easy for clients to use for online booking

CONS

It's more small things that I'd like to see updated: for example when I save changes to services or products that I'm editing the page only lets you do one service then it auto refreshes to the top of the page, instead of saving and letting me continue where I'm at. That means I have to scroll all the way down to find the section, remember the next service that I have to edit, it's time consuming and for larger salons who have lots of employees with unique booking needs its not quite as fluid as I'd like. I'd also like to work off of more than one tab, so I can be checking clients in while also pulling reports. I'd love to be able to have a tab for each location open for easy booking during busy seasons like the holidays when we are searching for any open appt and comparing options for clients between all the locations. I'd also like to do more filtering for client emails. As of now I don't see a way to email upcoming appts for selected dates, which would be helpful as covid continues and brings us many updates we need to send to just upcoming appts, not all clients and not just clients who have had an appt with us before. Also woul dlove if the app view of the calendar was more zoomed out so you can get a better idea of whats happening for the whole day, now you have to scroll quite a bit and its confusing visually.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

Your customer service was so much better!!

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

it crashed a lot and wasn't easy to be able to view reports from home. Now I can pull reports and view everything I need as long as I have an internet connection - it's great!

Nidia

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

easy to check on my phone

Is easy to look for my earnings and show my tip and what the client bought on the history

PROS

The app is great I can check my booking from my cell Phone

CONS

To much notification. But at the end is ok because we have the control

Nadine

Cosmetics, 51-200 employees

Boulevard review

PROS

It’s so easy to use and so functional. Easiest to train with as well!

CONS

No cons necessarily but lag times affect the schedule sometimes

Destiny

Great For Spas

PROS

Easy use, great system. Work at a spa and use this every day, nice real time connection.

CONS

The refreshes while in the middle of using

Luda

Reviewed June 2024

Great with one flaw

Great. Will there was a button to see who canceled or moved their apt.

PROS

Very many options and way to use!! Love when I’m notified when someone canceled or scheduled appts. I love the option to choose what notification you get.

CONS

When someone moves their sport out does not notify you who moved. So then you’ll have random opening in your schedule and i don’t know who was there. It would be nice to have a button to click to see who canceled or moved from that spot.

Viktoriia

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Best app for estheticians

PROS

Easy to use, user friendly interface, quick updates

CONS

N/a.

Jeremy

Reviewed November 2020

Snappy cloud solution that improves over time

A fun, fast, and growing company that definitely puts its end use at the focus of the product. Nearly a one software fits all type solution.

PROS

I enjoy that the cloud solution quickly sifts through what must be massive amounts of data that my business creates. It leans towards simplicity that my lay staff don't seem to have much issue with.

CONS

I admit the onboarding and going live schedules we're a bit aggressive and lacked true understanding that my data was going to be used properly the first time. Many edits and back and forth work was needed to get things running to the point I personally didn't have to troubleshoot things between my staff and the product support team.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

Because it was a new company

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

The software use previously required us to host our own server and this was plagued with issues while constantly needing remote support.

Rosie

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Finally, a software that makes my business run better!

Love the customer chat in real time. Love the training they provide for new employees no matter when the hire is. They hold our hands throughout the entire boarding process and never let go. I feel as though they care about my business as much as I do. Consistent in every way. Worth every cent. I will never ever leave Boulevard. Partners for life.

PROS

Boulevard is completely intuitive and the software is simple yet detailed in all the right places. I own a hair salon and have been doing hair for 23 years, let me with all honesty say that Boulevard has 100% made my life so much easier. The experience for my clients is second to none, they are all raving about how much better this software is than any of our previous ones. I can not say enough positive things about them! The customer service is absolutely extraordinary and they respond to any of our questions immediately. It has a feel like you are asking a friend to help you, so patient and there was always a familiar quality throughout the entire customer experience for us. We love supporting small businesses however we do not want to be someone's guinea pig...with Boulevard we can completely trust in their expertise and never worry.

CONS

Seriously we love them. The only issue is that we have is we wish we could see what source each stylists clients pay for services for example: who pays cash, check or credit card and how much of each. It only shows sales and does not break it down. Other than that we have nothing negative what so ever to say!

Reason for choosing Boulevard

Completely different business model. Very on top of all of their promises, also really loved the staff and on board team. Beautiful layout and very classy operation. So honored to be a part of Boulevard.

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Sick and tired of the awful and very expensive service. Very impersonal and never got it right.

Molly

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Happy, Happy, Happy BLVD 4-lifer Customer

I love that I don't have to worry about double bookings etc so we are able to give our clients the best customer service without losing that personal touch. It's fast at booking clients so I love that there isn't a lot of down time on the phone

PROS

There isn't enough time to discuss all that I love about this software. I love that the checkout page includes a gratuity line so our team doesn't have to ask 'would you like to leave gratuity for your artist' tacky! I love the cash drawer feature - helps to maintain an accurate cash drawer during the day. Inventory functionality is great. The reports are abundant and extremely powerful to help you keep track of running your business The checkout / reception page is ridiculously cool and informative I love that the help team is fast and ready to assist as much as they currently can The communications is great - you know when your clients, book when they arrive, when they check out, and when they cancel. Customization and team permissions are abundant.

CONS

I feel like because it's new some things are still being worked out. New like within the past few years. I do like how the customer service and help chat team are fast to respond to issues. I do not feel like the app fits this software! It is so forward and the app is just mundane. I hope more work and effort goes into it like being able to shrink down the size on the screen to show the whole day or all team members and also being able to book an appt within the client tab (Rather than only through the calendar tab). We did not have a great experience with duo - so I am hoping that gets worked out and we can try again in the near future. I'd love to be able to have a push notification when a client simply reschedules her appt - that way you're not chasing down the front desk to figure out what happened to xx on Monday at xx and why her appt is gone. Need better communication with regards to the disputes. During the process is pretty much radio silence.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

I liked the customer service I received as well as it's ease of function. I also preferred it's esthetic and the check out reception page is second to none! The reports were similar to what I needed and I was excited to show my team so that's how I knew I liked it!

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

These were all lacking something that I needed most - mainly reporting. I didn't care for Meevo as I believe our rep was not the best - customer service is extremely important to me.

Megan

Reviewed June 2023

Boulevard is amazing!

Overall has been a positive experience!

PROS

We really enjoy how user friendly Boulevard is. We needed a software that our team could be easily trained on and simple to use. They provide so many tools for learning the system in the beginning and that helped us a lot! Their customer service is also one of the best we have come across. They are always quick to respond to questions and help solve problems. Big thumbs up!

CONS

I wish that they had some modern software features like a client faced portal; with custom info for them to see past, present, and future appointments and custom appointment text reminders (this is a biggie, as most people don't check their email anymore).

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Booker seemed to be going in a more "GYM, yoga studio" catered direction and less about salons. We REALLY needed a salon catered software that does all the things we need.

Brad

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Happy we switched to Boulevard. Never looked back.

Great experience. Switched from A major competitor, and we have not looked back. Everything is easier and they are willing to work with us.

PROS

The ease of using for our team. The intuitiveness of it, which results in less time having to train new employees. Allows for a better operational flow within the business.

CONS

Waiver forms to be utilized to be tied into the system. Example, Joe comes in, fills out a waiver, and all his information auto populates into his profile. Also, if there was an app or something for easier signing up for appointments for clients.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

There were a few details we preferred. Also, the personal touches boulevard had and not the “big corporate” feel of it all with the other company.

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

They were not customizable to our needs.

Kristi

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2021

If you are not using Boulevard, you're doing it wrong!

Loved everything, from the set up (they are very hands on, unlike Vagaro) to the demo and the customer service! All amazing.

PROS

After using Mindbody, Vagaro and Bewe we noticed that on the salon end you can not tell if a customer chose a specific employee for there services. Boulevard has a feature that any client who books online with a chosen employee they request will show up with a heart icon for the appointment on our end. THIS IS SO DIFFICULT for a Nail Salon especially with new clients daily. The appointment reminders are by text and email at time of booking the appointment and 48 hours before (I believe these are customizable). The clients can text you to cancel (reduces phone calls). You can also see the exact times the clients confirmed by either text or email (this helps

CONS

I wouldn't even say this is a Con because they are constantly updating and adding new features, but most softwares are catered towards Hair Salons/Barber Shops we would love for more customization for Nail Salons. For example: Hair Salons have "Processing Times" where the employee is free for 20 or so minutes. We would love a "Soaking Time" for manicures that require a soak off before the start of the service.

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Mindbody has a very old school look still, customer service was not good, pricing was sooo high. Vagaro appointments made online we couldn't tell who they were requested with, their appointment calendar was a lot more difficult to use. The late cancelation/ no show charging was not easy.

Nhu

Retail, 11-50 employees

y

Overall has been great because of the customer support. BLVD doesn't have all our needs met for our unique salon business (no software does and we dont expect anything to be perfect), but the customer support has been above and beyond in helping us find ways to lighten our load or another way to navigate.

PROS

User-friendly. Easy to navigate. Modern asthetics. Quick navigation for the most part. Quick and friendly customer support.

CONS

1. We wish we could customize some of our client communication via email or text. 2. We wish that guest booking would send a message to the person booking to confirm they booked without attaching emails to each profile. There should be a auto reply of booking when booking for guests as well. 3. wish we could export product information instead of manually entering in each product. 4. Product fields are not saveable and we need to re-enter. Leads room for error of misspelling and creating duplicates. 5. wish we can make changes easier to both locations.

Reason for choosing Boulevard

Salon Iris does not offer online booking...

Reasons for switching to Boulevard

Mytime had atleast 1 issue a day that disrupted our business. We spent hours fixing or trouble shooting the issues. Inventory reporting was often faulty.

Jodi