All Mangomint Reviews

Ian

Staffing and Recruiting, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed January 2024

Mangomint is a game changer

Drew

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

MangoMint really is exceptional for those that require seamless salon operations management.

I can't say enough about the customer support from pre-transition, transition, and after implementation. Top notch!! We've been running the software for 2 months now and it's been helpful both to the team and our clients as it makes life much easier to book, analyze daily/weekly/monthly metrics, run payroll, and is a joy to use.

PROS

Seamless transition. Amazing and responsive customer support - seriously. Intuitive for the team to use. Allows for clients to easily book and the salon to manage the appointment cycle. Polished interface.

CONS

Does not integrate with QuickBooks - the lack of API limits integrations with other software. This reason is the primary reason I almost did not go with MangoMint. Everything else is amazing as new features get released regularly. There might be a few additional reports or dashboards that I'd like as a data professional (or API access) but should suffice for most users.

Reason for choosing Mangomint

Full-featured mobile application interface which Boulevard didn't have at time of purchase - amazing software for those that don't require mobile management features via iPhone app. Envision appears powerful but couldn't get past the dated interface and that it takes a lot of training so not as intuitive as MangoMint.

Reasons for switching to Mangomint

Seamless and intuitive to use - modern interface and platform that meets all of our business requirements.

Skye

Reviewed January 2024

Mangomint Makes Me Happy!

Exceptional! The best part was working with the on-boarding team! They were incredibly fast, and I felt they were committed to my success.

PROS

I enjoyed working with the Mangomint team. They helped me set up the system and then stayed with me to ensure I was able to manage it. They have the BEST employees - especially [sensitive content hidden]!

CONS

I'd like to see a bit more functionality with regard to booking groups and allowing each member of a group to pay for their service versus charging just one group member. I'd like to see a calendar that has a birdseye view of the week, month, and 3 months. Perhaps this is currently available, but I'm too knew to the system to know what it can do. Finally, I would like the POS to be more like Square with photos that can be tapped versus scanning for an item.

Reason for choosing Mangomint

Mindbody was attempting to onboard me, however, they were a nightmare to work with. Their rep lied several times and in the end I had to reach out to their [sensitive content hidden] to gain access to my backend! I finally decided they were too much work as I did not want to become a programmer! I just want to run a spa! Likewise Bookeo did not want to connect in anyway other than emails. I spent 6 weeks trying to understand their product because I simply didn't have time to sit at a desk and watch/read all their tutorials. Having a live person to walk you through the system was THE best feature Mangomint offered. It seems many of these booking software companies are developed by programmers who think most people know what to do or have teams of IT people to onboard new products - but spa and salon owner typically don't do this type of work - we just want a working booking system and POS - that's what Mangomint provided!

Reasons for switching to Mangomint

Mindbody is a nightmare to work with. For a smaller company without an IT team, it's a nightmare. Slow and unresponsive - and VERY expensive!

Sia

Cosmetics, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Great

PROS

Easy to use , mobile app makes life easier to work from anywhere.

CONS

Freezes, scanning problems, checking out clients takes longer than expected.

It was easygoing

We really appreciate this review! We'd love to discuss more about what you've been experiencing. We'll be in touch!

Replied March 2021

Kim

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Great System for Medspa!

PROS

Mangomint is a really great platform for service providers, and as a medical spa it has essential features like online booking, gift card management, memberships, and calendar management.

CONS

The reporting needs to be more intuitive and robust for growing businesses. It was difficult to extract data at times.

Mary

Reviewed January 2024

Best salon and spa app in the market

Our overall experience has felt like a white glove service. anyone we have interacted with Online for help has been super.

PROS

The simplicity and functionality of the app surpasses any app we’ve ever used. Plus the customer service is amazing.

CONS

so far, no cons. The customer service surpasses any other online booking system.

Reason for choosing Mangomint

because of the simple and easy functionality, and we loved that our clients never left our website to book their appointment. They stayed on our website through their whole experience.

Reasons for switching to Mangomint

we were looking for better online booking system.

Thank you Mary! Glad you're enjoying your experience

Replied January 2024

Megan

Reviewed January 2024

Best Spa Management Software I've Ever Used!

Fantastic! I have yet to find a better software for my business!

PROS

Ease of use. Very straight-forward, intuitive interface. Needed minimal learning modules to get started and having had any issues training new employees. Very clean, streamlined look. Lots of features to make managing my business easier and they are consistently developing new features. Most features are customizable which allows us to use them exactly as we need to. Customer Service is fantastic! I am located on the East Coast and despite the 3 hour time difference, I almost never have to wait more than a few minutes for a response!

CONS

They currently lack the ability to edit internal forms without having to delete and restart. We like to start SOAP Notes after intake and finish them when the service has ended. Since we all share a computer, we can't always leave the note open to complete at a later time. With this being said, unlike other Software I have used in the past, they take recommendations seriously and are always looking to improve features when able to.

Reason for choosing Mangomint

It had better features and customer service was incredibly responsive even before I signed up.

Reasons for switching to Mangomint

Both products lacked the features and customization I needed. I was involved in a beta launch for Zenoti and after a few months their customer service ghosted me.

Seth

Alternative Medicine, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Hands down best spa and salon software on the market

Exceptional customer service, from the sales process which wasn’t pushy, to the onboarding which was amazing. I felt like I was working with someone who really knew the product. My pet peeve is talking to customer service and knowing more about the product than the rep. Not the case here.

PROS

I’m a software designer and this is an exceptionally well designed platform. Easy to set up, easy for the doctor to use. It’s modern, mobile and friction free for clients. And to top it off, it’s beautiful, integrates seamlessly with our brand on the website and via messaging. This is a product I can’t imagine living without.

CONS

It’s expensive, in fact, they all are. I demo’d 6 competitors before settling on Mangomint. The only thing that gave me pause was the price.

Reason for choosing Mangomint

Mangomint was hands down the best user interface and mix of features for admin and practitioner with the most beautiful client experience. I wish I had built this software and hope to be a user as long as we have our studio.

Reasons for switching to Mangomint

Mind body start out good over a decade ago, and now that have an outdated product and horrible customer service.

Sable

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

Professional & Simple Salon Software

Overall I have had no complications it is extremely easy to implement, use and transfer clients to new software systems.

PROS

I love the ease of use for clients. I love that it was easy to switch and learn. Their customer support it wonderful. And I love that my clients are impressed by the software that means a lot.

CONS

The price is on the higher end but I find it worth it.

Reason for choosing Mangomint

Software interface and design was more aesthetically pleasing and simple to use for me and my guests

Reasons for switching to Mangomint

I kept having difficulties with clients making appointments losing a number of bookings

Carlie

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Perfection In A Salon System

My experience has been exceptional! Being able to contact our initial correspondence has been a lifesaver! The simple fact I can text message her any time and she responds, is a really great thing! No waiting on a standard website messaging system or hotline has made us feel important and good! We appreciate that!

PROS

I loved the customer service from day 1! Fantastic! I also love the layout and how simplistic everything is! We love the Express Booking option for clients to ensure no call, no shows or within the 24hr mark, clients are charged automatically 50% of the services. I also love the layout of the program! The checking in and out on clients phones is fantastic for our smaller salon! We don’t have a front desk receptionist and won’t need one since we use Mangomint!

CONS

The only thing I could say, is that the reoccurring charge label on client’s bank statements is a concern. Many of them worry they will be charged again because this is what subscriptions usually say. Also, adding a size product space in products/retail would be nice.

Reason for choosing Mangomint

I chose Mangomint before even looking at Meevo! The reviews were fantastic! We also went through their educational tutorials and videos online. I set us up for the free trial and we loved it! Also, our first point of contact, [sensitive content hidden], was so helpful and reached out immediately to check on us during the trial! She sold me on it after answering questions. She’s amazing!

Reasons for switching to Mangomint

We opened our own salon. But we chose not to go with either of these because they weren’t user friendly. Vagaro in particular was awful! It took a million extra steps to do anything! It was the worst system I’ve ever used!

Madison

Cosmetics, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2023

The best spa software

PROS

The customer service has been top tier since I first reached out. I even had a rep in my area come to my office on a Sunday and get my system completely set up. It’s looks less than 12 hours to be fully transitioned from my last software. I don’t think I will ever use anything else. It’s extremely user friendly and convenient, adding new products/providers/schedules have all been so easy and quick. I haven’t had a single client complain about online booking or forms not working which has been a massive problem with other systems. I honestly can’t say enough good things about this software.

CONS

The only thing I can even think of is the cost on adding the use of integrated forms but even that isn’t a problem. The system I was using before was so much more expensive and did less.

Reasons for switching to Mangomint

The systems were so hard to navigate, Zenoti was extremely expensive and didn’t deliver on anything that was promised. It took 6 months to get it up and running and was a total nightmare of a company to deal with. Stay away from Zenoti at all costs.

Thanks for the kind words! Glad the transition was smooth

Replied October 2023

Mack

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Mangomint was the Clear Winner when Researching Salon Software

A quick, convenient and enjoyable booking experience for clients is our highest priority as a hair salon. Mangomint does all the heavy lifting with seamless website integration, custom branding, appointment notifications, payment processing, and unbelievable new features that continue to roll out and make our lives even easier.

PROS

The interface is clean and beautiful which oddly doesn't exist in any other salon software. We chose Mangomint initially for it's ability to handle payments for our hair salon that has both booth renters and commission stylists in which Mangomint allows all our stylists to use the same payment processor and routes payments to booth renters' individual bank accounts without ever hitting ours. They continue to impress us with features that make our life and the client's experience so simple and easy.

CONS

Initially I was concerned about the third party payment processor, but back in February of 2021 they upgraded this entirely to Mangomint Pay and it has been a game changer. No more concerns, we couldn't be happier with this update.

Reason for choosing Mangomint

Coming from retail, I saw Mangomint as the Shopify of the salon industry. Once I discovered Mangomint there was no debate. They offer everything you need for a hair salon software including and amazing client experience which is critical for our brand.

Reasons for switching to Mangomint

Vagaro's user experience wasn't great and too slow of a load time for online booking.

jason

Reviewed November 2022

Absolutely love Mangomint!!!

Online bookings and no call/no show cancellations are eliminated with having the ability to have credit cards on file which has been a huge financial benefit to us compared to our old software. Absolutely love that if you need help you can get ahold of someone almost immediately. Big thanks to everyone at Mangomint!

PROS

Love how easy Mangomint is to use. We had another booking system, Milano, that just made every step twice as hard as it needed to be but this system has made our lives incredibly easier.. The online booking system is flawless and the on-boarding/integration to Mangomint was simple.

CONS

The only con was that you didn't have couples massage booking available but we were able to do a work around on that and Mangomint is in the works of solving this for the software as we speak along with numerous new features that we are excited about.

Reasons for switching to Mangomint

our old software was way out of date and lacking many features needed to our spa and costumer experience.

Felicia

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Mangomint has changed every aspect of my spa TREMENDOUSLY!

Even though I'm paying more for Mangomint, the amount of time + money I'm saving in other areas plus all the amazing features and ease of use for staff and clients is worth every penny!

PROS

I was with another company for 10+ years prior to Mangomint so even though I was shopping around, I never considered leaving until I found a company that checked all the boxes. Mangomint has every feature + more of what I need to run a full service spa with many different types of staff + services. Even though I love EVERYTHING- what has made the most impact is the ability for clients to cancel + reschedule on their own and the ability to book multiple services. The taking credit card online is also incredible + has made no-shows so much easier to deal with. Oh and I love that I can actually reach out to a real person and get help right away!

CONS

I didn't like that I wasn't able to manage resources but now that I can, there isn't anything I don't like about Mangomint.

Reason for choosing Mangomint

Mangomint's capabilities exceeed those of the alternative's.

Reasons for switching to Mangomint

Wix was a mess and unsynced our calendars multiple times and there wasn't a single person I could get ahold of to help me understand why. They lacked a lot of features we needed but because I was with them for so long, I was worried about the switch and if clients were going to accept us requiring a card on file.

Wow! So so glad that Mangomint has made such a positive impact. Thank you for sharing your kind words.

Replied June 2023

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Couldn’t run my business without it

I’ll never use another software.

PROS

Mangomint has been a seamless front and back end experience for our team and clients. It has been essential to not only navigating through opening during covid but grow our business as well. Our clients love the online booking, self check-in and checkout, and text reminders. It’s simple and clean to use and look at. Their customer service team is SO responsive, friendly, and helpful. They also save me a ton of time and headache with Shopify inventory integration.

CONS

My only complaint is a missing group booking option. The MangoMint team is always updating, improving, and adding features. I’m confident they’ll add group booking (hopefully soon!). A cancellation list feature would also help but I think that’s in the near future too!

Reason for choosing Mangomint

The Shopify integration was definitely the driver but MangoMint is also the cleanest looking and minimalistic salon software I’ve seen. It’s easier to use and their customer service team is great.

Reasons for switching to Mangomint

Shopify inventory integration and MangoMint’s superior customer service.

Mariah

Reviewed July 2023

I love my mangomint scheduling

Streamlined and simple. It's a beautiful to look at and is a breeze to work with. I was with mbo for 6 years and while mbo does offer more features, it was a clunky dinosaur that was hard to use and left both client and staff frustrated. Mangomint has made business much smoother and a joy to use.

PROS

Mangomint is simple and easy to use while still offering robust features. The customer service is truly second to none and both staff and clients enjoy this system.

CONS

There are some features I would love such as creating relationships between clients and some more customizations for paying staff a dollar amount instead of a percentage. However, they are continually improving, adding features and listening to their subscribers. So it seems that eventually this will all come together

Reason for choosing Mangomint

It's way sexier and had some exciting features like express booking which we use regularly

Regan

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

An amazing app!

PROS

I love how they constantly remind clients of appointments. How they send out the cancellation policy to the clients after booking. I love that we can store everything about our clients on this app from what they have bought to formulas etc. I love how when a client gets inside it sends me a text letting me know that they are here for their appointment!

CONS

Sometimes the notifications can be delayed.

Reasons for switching to Mangomint

We wanted something new and something easy to use.

Greg