What are Amazon QuickSight users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Amazon QuickSight software through verified user reviews

• icon"Excellent for ad hoc reporting on corporate cloud data. Very secure, and friendly user-interface."
  • icon"As a person who never liked numbers but needed to report on numbers to let clients know how their program was going, I appreciated a tool like QuickSight."
  • icon"I love the fact that I can run this in my AWS VPC. It is easy to setup and you can be up and running with in an hour."
  • icon"Still has limited options for different type of graphs/charts."
  • icon"Sometimes there is lag with SPICE and visualizations, especially with larger datasets."
  • icon"Another issue is that there is no way for an outsider such as a client to view the visualisations as they have to be part of a team to view it."

Browse all Amazon QuickSight Reviews

• Have you used Amazon QuickSight and would like to share your experience with others?

Joe

Awesome system once you've learned some basics

Overall, my experience with Amazon Quicksight has been amazing. I wasn't the person responsible for the initial integration/implementation within our software ecosystem, but I am one of the primary dashboard creators on our team and I'm definitely not a developer. As a semi-technical user I've found that the platform is very robust and has tons of features that make Business Intelligence reporting easy to do. Although I still haven't gotten the hang of ALL the advance features, I do feel like I'm slowly catching on to them and am probably in the 80th percentile of users. Now that I've had this tool, I definitely couldn't live without it.

Pros

Ease of use with the reporting mechanisms is second to none. The ability to incorporate Amazon insights (AI) is amazing. I've also noticed that they release tons of new features constantly. Dashboards look really good as well.

Cons

Pretty difficult to configure initially. If you're looking to leverage all the tools within your current system, then you'll really want to have someone certified in AWS or at least a team of devs with advanced skills. We actually reconfigured our implementation within our software after about 6 months of use and it made our lives much better.

Soumya Ranjan

Industry: Medical Devices

Cloud based visualization tool

Pros

Easy to log in ,no need to install in local system

Cons

Visualization and data integration can be improved ,there are lot of features available in other visualization tool like Power BI and Tableau

Reasons for switching to Amazon QuickSight

Tableau has better feature than AWS quicksight

Yainer

December 2021

Sosafe

Pros

I could join all the data in custom reports and graphics

Cons

Is not easy to manage, the time its just UTC and you cant change it

Still a young product

Too young of a product.

Pros

Cons

Very young and not easy to configure. We spent a lot of time playing with it to get a result that is useful for our data.

Nehal

Stunning dashboard over the cloud

I can say it is the future of visualization over the cloud and it needs to evolve compared to the other products in the market to sustain with the features in such competitive market in the business intelligence domain

Pros

1. Our organization is using Amazon QuickSight for developing visually appealing dashboard 2. It is fully based on cloud and has a SPICE engine which brings all the data into the engine for faster development 3. Machine Learning and AI is a great feature which automatically creates awesome visuals without any hassle - we are using this feature quite often for faster developments

Cons

1. Customization to the charts is very limited 2. Calculated fields is a bit tedious to be created 3. Limited SPICE engine data consumption 4. Resolution based dashboards have limited options - one is Autofit and other option has fixed resolutions

Jorge

Great BI tool

A great BI tool that can serve anyone. Easy to use on a beginner level, but also customizable enough for an advanced user. The drag and drop fields are very cool to test different layouts, and very quick to show the new graphs upon any change.

Pros

Very easy to use. It has a lot of graph options. Once a new type is selected, the visual automatically adapts and shows the new graph. The drag and drop fields make it easy to change the fields in order to achieve your goal. The ability of calculating fields using functions on Quicksights eases the load of doing it in the query.

Cons

The calculated fields and parameters can be a little complex, but totally worth the time spent on learning how to use them. I don't like the fact that in the Analysis screen, the visuals cannot be freely moved, and automatically stick to the above visual. It should be possible to add images in order to "beautify" the dashboards

Super cool bi tool

So far I used several bi tools and although QuickSight is relatively new and not that widespread as for example Tableau, I can say that I enjoy using it from day 1

Pros

Dashboards are very easy to create, a lot of data sources can be easily connected and the Performance of the System is quite great

Cons

Not that many tutorials and courses are available on the web

Rebecca

Great way to keep tabs on data!

Pros

As a person who never liked numbers but needed to report on numbers to let clients know how their program was going, I appreciated a tool like QuickSight. Our Data Team was able to build us a wide variety of dashboards with filters so that I could easily grab the numbers that I needed and take a quick look at trends over certain periods of time.

Cons

We eventually swapped over to Tableau because our Data Team felt that the latter was more robust and could produce more beautiful visuals that can be easily used to present the data.

Rahil

Business Intelligence tool for visualizations and analysis

Easy to use and takes away the primary data requirement workload of your analytics team.

Pros

The tool aids in generating quick interactive visualizations from various large data sets and exporting data are such a breeze.

Cons

The cons are quite small in terms space available for your SPICE(Super fast, Parallel, In-memory, Calculation Engine) views

Khaled

Quick and important review

Excellent service designed with care can be sure of this yourself, with the price is unexpected and easy to use with a quick response clients support

Pros

Easy control and continuous customer support 24 hours, excellent design comfortable for eye

Cons

The site may be slow to navigate some pages

Great visualizations

I want to build Dashboards so I can help companies visualize how their campaigns are running. If there is a keyword/hashtag, they need to analyze, we can easily view it on the screen. I was able to build a dashboard easily and view real-time changes as well as the sentiment analysis. This proved to be of great use to me.

Pros

I liked the fact that the visualizations were easy to create. Typically, I used to prefer using Elasticsearch and Kibana for my visuals. This one did not require much tinkering or knowing a great deal of code to set it up. There were many choices in graphs, charts, etc especially when it came to setting up a dashboard. The trial service was not restrictive either and it allowed me to explore the many choices. I loved that it has support for other services such as Salesforce, Tableau etc to import data. The sharing feature makes it fun for everyoneto view the dashboards within an organization.

Cons

There is a lack of tutorials on how one can use it more effectively. There weren't many choices when it comes to charts, graphs. I also hated having to sign up for it separately as it's not a third party service and is part of Amazon. They should just make it easy for one to use this service without having to sign up for it again. Another issue is that there is no way for an outsider such as a client to view the visualisations as they have to be part of a team to view it. I wanted to share my dashboard with a client but it was not possible to share the link. Maybe I must have missed it but there was no simple way to do it.

Nfon

Industry: Computer Networking

Amazon Quick sight. A highly recommended data tool

It is already a very solid data solution but needs to mature a lot if it wants to become an enterprise solution. But the new features coming out are definitely taking it up the charts. I will definitely recommend this to every body

Pros

Quicksight is an incredible platform and provides me with first-class and easy to use business intelligence. The fact that I am only charged as i use makes it more exciting and economical. Its integration into other AWS Services is one of its most appealing features.

Cons

It is lacking in pixel perfect visualisation and functionality. Still has limited options for different type of graphs/charts.

Jesse

Quicksight can help you create visualizations quickly... most of the time

Quicksight could be extremely helpful for some lightweight use cases. It wasn't the best tool for a larger-scale integration into a SAS platform.

Pros

The interface is clean-looking, the charts and graphs look appealing, things seem to run quickly enough.

Cons

The data layer concept is a little harder to understand coming from other tools, the configuration interfaces for the visualizations feel a little clunky. Integrations are a little lacking.

Easy to implement and Use

Pros

Functionalities related to the analysis are good and this was easy to implement

Cons

The learning curve involved with utilizing all the tools within the software is steep but rewarding.

BI with direct integration with other AWS services

Pros

Natively connects to RDS (MySQL) and lets us query the database to generate graphs. Their SPICE option creates a powerful index of the tables of which some of them are very large. That way we can query the SPICE index for additional speed without giving an extra load to our database for the BI dashboard.

Cons

Requires a certain level of technical knowledge to get started. Also, haven't figured out yet if it can be displayed on a TV like Geckoboard.

Tommaso

it's a good start

Pros

I like the product but I expect more in terms of UI that can be provided. it's really good with the integration of services

Cons

the UI is not ideal, it needs to be updated

Nicole

Great software

Pros

We mostly like the analysis aspect of this product. So far, it has been very user friendly and easy to read the data it provides.

Cons

We ran into one minor issue with the time, however it appeared to be an easy fix.

Connor

Great for Ad Hoc Reporting

Another quality product by Amazon - very trustworthy

Pros

Cons

Amazon needs to continue supporting this software and not neglect it with new features.

BI that scales

Pros

Once you learn the basics, the logic and operations are very familiar for anyone who has a baseline data-analysis framework.

Manny

Great Analysis

I was impressed on the visual data I was able to get, but I have seen other software do more and give more back to the users. They are in the right track, but in its early stages.

Pros

This software has a lot of great features to get important data information from the research you are using. You can use fields list as a filter to narrow down dates and specific events.

Cons

The software has a long way to go before it can be regarded as a very useful tool. They have good tools just need more and mimic what other companies are doing. And get more customer feedback on what user's want.

Christopher

Amazon QuickSight Review

In general I'm only help to choose the software to a friend

Pros

This has pros like if you want business intelligence, that you can see the insight of your business like incomes and outcomes also a very detailed dashboard

Cons

The amazon quick sight software has cons like only it can used by who knows the software and economics and business systems

Thiago

One more simple, free and efficient AWS tool

A simple, free intelligence tool with easily customizable data delivery in relation to graphics and dashboards. For integration with the AWS data platform, it is the most viable option on the market.

Pros

Very fast and easy to create dashboards.

Cons

Integration with other database off the Amazon platform is a bit tricky.

Get a quick sight into your business with Quicksight

Pros

It has visuals, sheets, stories, and a dashboard view.

Cons

AWS is growing and so are its features. So far, it's a good product.

Indraneel

Very easy for Dashboard creation

I have used Quicksight for our product briefly , one of things is that it is free and offers all the tools for simple dashboard but very less support for advanced visualisations

Pros

- Easy and Intuitive user interface - Very less learning curve - Very useful for fast creation of simple dashboards

Cons

- Less scope for UI customizations - It needs to mature a lot to be used for commercial grade products

Vivek

Excellent Product

Pros

Excellent product. Value for money. Functionalities related to the analysis are very good too. Easy to implement

Cons

User interface could be more intuitive. Also more help text, may be roll over or pop up menus could make navigation for a user easier

Amazon QuickSight