(6,309)

6,309

(1,862)

1,862

• Pros

• "I LOVE this product. It makes beautiful content in the right ratio/aspect for the platform that you need it for."

• "I love the variety of templates you can customize. This software is super affordable and great value for the price."

• "Qualidade e quantidade bem criativo, pode ser usado pra editar bastante imagens!"

• Cons

• "PC version of this software is amazing but a little cons detected while i am using the mobile application version of Canva, i.e i am not able to download my logo designs in higher resolution."

• "It freezes sometimes on the mobile version. Overall its a great and easy to use application, though. "

• "The only drawbacks the students tend to find are due to the limited options available at times. The students feel their creativity could be further explored with more variety of images/templates. "

Browse Canva Reviews

Jeheen Mahmood from Binary Bees

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

This is, hands down, the best graphics design tool for non-designers

I mostly use Canva to create social media images. This might sound rather simple. But with Canva's preset sizes, I don't have to worry about resizing, cropping, dragging anymore. That easily saves me 10 minutes per image I create - Canva is saving me hours regularly.

Pros

I am not a designer. Last I draw or make something was 12 years ago. But with Canva, I can make a presentable graphics in 10-15 minutes. With my skill level (I used to use MS Word Clip Art tool and Paint), I should not be able to do anything at all. True I havent been able to draw a masterpiece, but Canva is not for that sort of work, at least not that I know of. But if you are looking for a social media post, image for your blog post, poster, cover image, Canva can handle all of those. Sure, you still need to hire a designer if you are going to do stunning artworks. But the day to day grind to produce several images everyday, either professional or personal needs, Canva is there for you. You can even create memes with it! Another nice surprise is, you dont need a paid plan to use Canva. Only the premium features and elements are paid. And to be honest, most users dont even need them. Even I haven't used the premium feature for myself. The free plan is more than enough, better than any other free tool in the market and a few premiums too.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing I want to change. This is simple, intuitive, free or very, very cheap. What more can I ask for?? There is some grumblings among pro-designers who use Canva about some high-level features being absent, certain export formats not there or background remoal option not available. But this is not Photoshop and we should not treat it like that. Also, last I heard, Canva is working very hard to add more functions to their toolbox.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

Stencil is similar to Canva and rather nice looking. But Canva is more robust. And undoubtedly Photoshop is the most powerful graphics tool, but too expensive for my needs. Canva was clearly the best option.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

The interface of Designbold is similar to Canva. But I didnt like their UX. Always felt clumsy. Also they element library is way poorer than Canva.

Michelle from MS Creatives

Industry: Music

Go Pro With Canva

My overall experience with Canva has been excellent. I can create social marketing campaigns, post to social media, and with the features they offer through Canva Pro, I can integrate my team and get everyone on the same page.

Pros

The best part of Canva is all the available features they have for both free and paid plans. They are easy to use and you don't have to be a graphic design artist to create something amazing! The impact they've had on my business has been huge.

Cons

I feel like they could be better organization within the software itself. For example, better ways to organize uploaded pictures/videos etc. I also feel like the customer service could be a little more friendly and timely.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

I chose Canva because of the unique and quality features, the price of the software, and the fun I have using this product.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

I made the switch because I know with Canva, whenever I use a photo of theirs, it is 100% commercial free. Pixabay has random pictures being updated everyday and while I am sure most of them are commercial free as advertised, you can never be too sure. I trust Canva more.

Stephen from Ginsu Graphcs

Canva is Great for Social Media

It's not bad for someone with no design experience as long as they are willing to pay more for printing. For the higher cost of printing you could pay a professional such as myself to design for you and print at a lower cost and higher quality. The application is bad for the overall marketing industry because it has lowered the quality standard and impact of advertisements being created by business owners who think they understand marketing, design and printing. I recently said to one of my clients who owns a high end auto detailing business and tried to create some marketing materials on his own, "I don't now how to properly wax and detail my vehicle. I would probably ruin the paint job somehow if I were to do it myself. That's why I hire a professional. I wouldn't expect you to be able to handle a design, print and marketing job either because that's not what you do." In short, stick to what you know and leave the rest to professionals. It will cost you less in the long run.

Pros

It's very easy to use and offers a ton of design content for free. You don't necessarily need to search outside of Canva for images but you can if you want. It's great for designing simple social banners or marketing materials quickly but there is a catch. They are trying to sell you printing services and their pricing is not competitive with quality printers.

Cons

I recommend Canva to clients who need to create social media marketing images. I have worked with clients who need me to print postcards, flyers or brochures that they designed on Canva and there are issues. Canva is trying to sell printing services. Their design templates are sized and setup for the printer companies they outsource to. If you design on Canva and download the files to send to a professional printer then those files are not setup correctly and require alterations to be printed. That's if there is room for alterations, but not all designs will allow for easy alteration so therefore the customer is forced to print on Canva at higher costs.

Emily from Black Dog Services

I AM OBSESSED WITH THIS SOFTWARE!!!

Overall I love this software and use it for any and all marketing tasks I need to acomplish, the regularly updated graphics and new graphics are always great and always poignant.

Pros

I love love love Canva - I use it for everything. Seriously....EVERYTHING I have designed wedding invites, thank you notes, monthly mailers, videos, social graphics, PNG's, JPGS, SO MUCH MORE! I also use them for printing marketing materials, christmas cards, posters, and more. They are amazing, the quality is great, I have only one time had a shipping delay and I print from them at a minimum monthly

Cons

Sometimes the platform is down and access is impossible, but they have a status page which is nice to keep myself updated.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

The cost, the ability to use it without a subscription, the abilty to do almost all things illustrator can do without having to learn 72 tips. In addition my clients can use it and it will allow us to collaborate on projects or designs and there are templates and presets that are AMAZING for days when I have creative block.

Ada Jocabeth from self employed

The best tool for creative people at any age

Excellent app design, it is very easy to use for all types of people. You can access from your Google account, Facebook or email. It has many categories of templates, you can find the perfect template for what you are looking for. You can make banners from your phone easily and creatively, besides you can insert your own images. It has many templates with predefined sizes for youtube videos, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook posts, you name it.

Pros

It has a lot of graphic design tools that are easy to use even for people with zero design knowledge. You can access it from a pc or smartphone, which is very practical. It has a large number of vectors, a wide variety of default templates for anything, and many fonts to choose from. You can also create animations for your videos easily. It does NOT have annoying ads. In addition, it allows teamwork in the cloud, which is very important for this time of contingency.

Cons

The free version lacks cool features and the pro version can be a little bit expensive. In the mobile application, the option to share pdf is not available and if you compress the png image the image loses quality when sharing by WhatsApp.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

The editing options are easier and more versatile than other design platforms

Avash from AvaTel Pvt. Ltd.

An Awesome Graphic Desigining Tool That Can Be Used By Anyone

I absolutely love it. Thousands of well-designed templates, elements, awesome looking photos - all in one place with a powerful editor and great UI. I highly recommend it for everyone.

Pros

I am not a graphic designer, but I can design simple graphics easily - all thanks to Canva. I have been using Canva for over 2 years now - to design social media posts for our Facebook page, some graphics for my personal blog. It would cost me hundreds and hundreds of $$$ if I hired graphic designers but Canva works as good for only about $10 a month. Canva also saves me time as I don't need to explain my idea to designers and then wait for them to complete design - I can choose template I like and then make a good looking design in less than 10 minutes for less than $10 a month. I absolutely love the power of Canva.

Cons

I don't have any problem with Canva. I sometimes miss advanced tools like pen tools but they are for advanced users and require advanced software. With Canva, I can choose from thousands of already available templates, elements, photos and then edit them to reflect my idea. I can't make designs in advanced software as easily as I can make in Canva. So while I do miss advanced features like pen tool sometimes - there's nothing that I don't like about Canva.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Canva has more features and better templates. I also felt that Canva is easier to use.

Kimberly from OneUniversal Media

Canva: Creating Creativity

Great onboarding, user interface is effective for allowing the flow of creative juices necessary for a desirable end product in a reasonable amount of time.

Pros

Ease of use is what I like most. I sometimes must produce effective visuals for the media in my company, not wanting to wait to push projects to others. And, Canva allows a virtual novice to do a good job, so that I with a bit of knowledge can be FANTASTIC at creating marketing materials. It absolutely aids in my creative efforts.

Cons

Not all things can be ALL to everyone or every industry. We publish e-Books, and it doesn't offer the 3-D elements that I would prefer.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

Better user interface, more templates, facility of accessing final processing of designs AND best for overall pricing. (You get what you pay for!)

Reasons for Switching to Canva

So many more templates available (except 3-D ebooks)!

Jennifer from A Magical Mess Inc

Industry: Writing and Editing

Perfect for social media content creation

Canva remains my favorite platform for editing images for social media posts.

Pros

Canva does almost everything I need to create social media images. It's not the most intuitive platform I have used, but it's easy enough to learn. I love that you can create, save, or purchase templates to use over and over. It's a time saver, especially with pinterest.

Cons

I wish you could crop images. Sometimes I just feel like it's not an intuitive program.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Canva has more features that are useful for creating the types of images I need.

Sylvester from Global Strategic Communications Limited

DESIGN LIKE A PRO

Canva is a powerful and easy to use design tool. The templates save you the hustle of figuring out where to start and how to go about designing beautiful graphics. It's easy to customize elements.

Pros

It's user friendly and time-saving. Everything is as simple as drag and drop or copy-paste. It makes you feel like a pro designer.

Cons

The free version has limited functionalities but still delivers.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Canva offers collaborative features that make you work on one project as a team. It's also cloud-based making t easy to archive files.

Kate from Upwardly Social

Canva makes marketing easy

I've used Canva for years for my digital marketing needs.

Pros

Price and ease of use. The software is free with an option for more features paid. Canva makes graphic design accessible to those without creative backgrounds.

Cons

Some layouts could be updated more. It would be nice if there were more varieties available, but other than that it's great.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

While I still use Illustrator, Canva is good for a quick project.

Jon from Town & Country Cleaning

Perfect Image Creation For Busy People

Canva has been an excellent program to use. It gets used for everything from web graphics, to marketing materials, and even newsletters. At this price Canva is a no brainer. If you need quality visual materials, but don't have much time to learn a program like Photoshop, you absolutely owe it to yourself to give Canva a shot.

Pros

I love that it is incredibly simple to create an ad or other marketing image and resize it for lots of different formats very quickly. I can create an image once and then quickly adapt it for Facebook,Twitter, Instagram and a couple local print publications. The numerous templates are great if you need a good starting point for a project. Workflow is quick and easy, support is solid, and the access to a wide variety of royalty free images is a very nice inclusion with a paid account.

Cons

Honestly, there aren't very many. I suppose you could add more advanced features a la Photoshop. But doing that would begin to interfere with the ease of use that Canva offers. I understand that Canva offers some other features like background removal, but I am unsure of how to access them, and haven't really had a chance to dig in that far.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

Ease of use! Canva offers professional looking graphics with a workflow that makes things take just a few short minutes. Canva can be used by someone with little graphics software experience, and yet yield perfect results for someone who needs to create graphic materials for a business, but cannot afford to hire someone to do graphics work for them. Or heck, get Canva and save some money on the graphics guy.

Liezl from Karmic Collective

Best product in years!

FABULOUS! Love it! From day one, could hug it. Its easy to sign up, easy to use, easy to store and easy to access my business logos, colours etc. it has remarkable features, options, and works quickly - no big time lags. Canva has saved me years of time and frustration. It honestly is the best thing since sliced bread. My favourite and top rated software application - for everyone! The options to make simple animated or short videos without costing an arm and a leg has been the star power cherry on top!

Pros

Canva is my new best friend!! Its the most useful, designer friendly, user friendly, time saving product I've used in years! It offers phenomenal features that are easy to use. I often choose to use Canva over my high-end photo editing and design software that is 8x the cost! I use it almost daily for social posts, web design pictures, logos, documents, posters and sale notices. I spent years learning how to use high end design software, and can spend hours getting something right. On Canva I can get the job done in half an hour and get on with my life! Its WONDERFUL! The sizing guidelines have saved me 10 000 grey hairs (I've spent the last few years trying to keep up with social media changes and recommended sizing that hardly ever displays correctky and ruins the work done). The resizing options allows me to perfect designs for multiple outlets - quickly! I cannot recommend Canva highly enough. Aside from my Accounting software - this product tops my list and will be the very last item to go in a costs cutting endeavour. It saves me oodles and oodles of time to get designs done - well, and get on with my business. The new invite a team mate option is going to be useful!

Cons

The background remover sometimes fails or stalls -totally understandable with so much going on that needs to happen - but it is a little frustrating. Also, the new background brush (to put back or refine the removing background edit) is a wonderful option - but isn't as easy to access if you want to go back. You get one chance and that's it. Again, totally understandable, its probably beta - and very cool. So grateful all the same as you work on it. Sometimes the elements colours cant be changed. E.g. a yellow star sprinkle can't be made purple to match a palette. A filter can be applied but thats about it. I've discovered that the access to photo search is MUCH better from within the design creation field. If you search pendulum on the platform you get maybe 5 photos. If you search for photos from within the design process there are are hundreds! Its much easier to search on the big screen than in a dropdown - so if you could make the design algorithms available on the photos search page it would rock!

Reasons for Choosing Canva

Although the quality is comparable, and Adobe has more features, the sheer time saving from A-Z with a good quality product output has changed my life. Instead of spending hours designing a facebook poster, then editing it because its the wrong size, and having to stretch my design and video skills to turn it into an animated video ... I can do a professional version in 30 mins. In a world where you're supposed to post on social media daily - there is no comparison, Canva wins!

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Good options, lovely pictures, and saved a ton of time! The sizing guidelines are immeasurably helpful and also an immense time save (I as constantly editing). Gets the daily stuff done, quickly - so I can get on with other things. Professional product output is great!

Jenny from Self

Excellent for "on-the-fly" design without the burden of $$$ software

I use canva all the time. Not just for business but also for quick and easy personal things like birthday party invites, social media graphics for personal feeds, and I even designed last years holiday postcards from my family in Canva! It does not replace Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign for more complex projects, but it's amazing for probably 80% of the design most people need.

Pros

Canva is perfect for designers and non-designers alike. With Canva there is no longer ANY excuse to layout anything in Word, got it? It's easy to use, has all the basic elements you could need to create nearly all visual or print materials! Need graphics for emails? Check! Social media? Check! Postcards? CHECK. This is perfect for those who need light but flexible design options without the financial crush or learning curve of full blown Adobe products.

Cons

There's really nothing to dislike. Its' affordable, it's ay to use, it has plenty of options for elements and you can add your own if you want...

Reasons for Choosing Canva

I was already familiar with Canva, and ProCrea8 is great for illustration but I needed fluid layout features, and that's 100% Canva.

Kristine from Jurupa Area Recreation & Park District

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

You can do it all on CANVA! You are only limited to your imagination.

Using and becoming familiar with CANVA has been a privilege I'm honored to have. My flyer making skills are now comparable to those who use expensive software's such as Illustrator or Photoshop, without the hassle of having to go through trainings or paying those hefty prices. It has made creating posts for social media so much easier and enjoyable. Editing on CANVA is a breeze, not even Publisher can compare.

Pros

My job demands flyers, banners and marketing materials to be made daily. You don't need a fancy software to do any of those things, all you need is CANVA. Canva is beyond user friendly. They give you all the tools needed to create any project, right at your fingertips. They are constantly adding new features and improving their old ones. They have plenty of templates to choose from which you can make your own or you can start completely from scratch. Although the paid version obviously has better options when it comes to clipart and different elements, however, there are a ton of free options to choose from that are sometimes just as good! I am constantly recommending CANVA to people in all different lines of work, because it really does work for anyone and anything.

Cons

The thing I like least about CANVA, which is in no way a deal breaker, is having to pay for the full version in order to have access to the best clipart/elements. However, I have always been able to complete my work and am always pleased with the finished product, all while using the free version.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Using CANVA has saved my company so much money, while producing similarly great market materials.

Fantastic all-in-one graphic design application

Canva helps me to really easily create graphics for my social media accounts in a time efficient and seemless way. Without canva I simply wouldn't be where I am today with the ability to create high quality designs that really stand out

Pros

Canva has a wide array of templates that are brilliant to get to grips with graphic design. This makes it a fanastic web application for complete begginers. Also, I love how canva has features that integrate with stock photo sites such as pexels. This means that I on't have to download stock photos to my computer for usage in my designs and then upload them. The ability to have multiple pages in the same canva document is also a very useful feature. It means that I can create multiple designs and templats all in the same place without having to switch documents Finally, I find that the the ability to search for various assets and also sort them in to folders is great. This helps with keeping everything organised and making them easy to locate.

Cons

I sometimes find canva can be quite slow when you have lots of pages in the same document or have a wide variety of elements within your document. This can be frustrating at times, but it is a very rare occurance. Also, the background removal feature is often pretty poor for complex images (but, don't get me wrong it is fantastic for simple images due to its speed and ease of use). So, it'd definitley be useful to have a tool where you can roughly outline what parts of the image you want to select before going to remove the background rather than after it.

Paddy from Harris Plumbing Inc.

I recommend Canva to everyone I talk to about marketing

My 45 year old, family-run company enjoys the advantages of a very good reputation. However it takes a LOT of creative work to stay there in our extremely competitive field. I need to be able to keep our social marketing and website, etc. cooking every day. I need to ensure that my messages to the public and existing clients are eye-catching, informative and memorable. Canva helps me make sure that I have the time and tools to do this every day.

Pros

Ease of use for sure. I am not a techie person but I love creating my own marketing pieces with our company branding instead of hiring it out. Canva's "branding kit" (once I learned it existed), lets me brand easily with my own corporate palette.

Cons

I don't think there is anything I like least.. there are a lot of features here that I still haven't learned and would like to have more time to devote to learning. Canva does so much already but I know there's more great 'stuff' in there!

Reasons for Choosing Canva

Illustrator looked like too big a change for me. My first impression was that it was not going to be as user-friendly as I needed it to be. I like a challenge but not when it takes too long to learn. I'm too busy. My marketing-pro friend was certain that Canva would work for me and she was spot on.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Canva was recommended to me by a local marketing agency (and a personal friend) She coached me in the beginning and still does. She drops by my office now and again to show me new tricks in Canva that she doesn't see me using. (that's a great friend!) I found Canva much easier to use than MP, although I still use that for a few things.

Faisal from Freelancer

Canva Made Me Uninstall The Most Popular Vector Design Tool

I am working as a content marketer. Since my agency is very small, I manage all the stuff alone. From writing content to designing graphics and to marketing them. For the jack of all trades, like me, an intuitive tool is needed that requires a little learning curve to get the things done quickly. Canva is such a kind of tool. When a friend of mine told me about this, I thought it would be yet another fancy editing app just for social media. But I was completely wrong. This is a professional tool and it has a bunch of features. Once, I believed that graphic design is not possible without using the so-called vector design tools like Illustrator. They are indeed more advanced for gigantic production houses. But, for small marketing agencies like me, Canva is more than enough. The main thing I liked about this tool is the power of its free version. No other tool is offering such flexibility in the free version. It's enough for personal usages. And, you won't have to face any watermark issues. Although, I have subscribed to the yearly plan and I am loving it.

Pros

The first and foremost benefit of this tool is easy to use UI. The traditional design tools, even in this modern era, could not implement a modern user interface. Although they have a lot of features, they are cluttered with unnecessary things in the UI. This makes a new person like me totally frustrated. Canva is very easy to use with a lot of free templates. And, if you subscribe to the premium plan you are getting a lot more. Design tools like Photoshop and Illustrator require a lot of processing power and storage space. Do you know what is the most interesting thing? I can create a design with Canva while I am commuting on my 4 years old iPad! The inbuilt image and elements library is a great feature. I don't like searching for elements on Google and then include those in my design. Rather I just type what kind of image I need in the Canva search bar and 90 percent of the time I get that. Although, you can always upload your own photos to it. A good design requires good typefaces. The Canva font library is adequate for that. There are a lot of free fonts for you to try out in your design. Did I just forget to mention motion graphics? There are a lot of motion graphics templates too for creating engaging content for social media.

Cons

I am using Canva for a long time. It's improving day by day. I don't think anyone will be able to mention any cons of this tool. However, certain things should be improved. For example, the image library should be enriched. If they can introduce the support for vector files it would be awesome. I hope the Canva team will come with more features that will help content marketers like me.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Well, Illustrator is undoubtedly a powerful tool. But do I really need that kind of power? No, I just used the basic features like adding text, adding images, adding icons, etc on Illustrator. This is why I switched to Canva. And, I am not missing anything. Besides, I don't have to waste any storage space on my device. On top of that, I can work on the go from my laptop, tab, and smartphone.

If Canva were a guy I would have had his babies!

Canva makes it easy and simple for the average person to create their own professional brand. It's user-friendly fun to use, and gives you helpful prompts and tips. It's great for veteran creators or someone who just decided they want to create a professional looking pictures, with quality themes and colors. I use it for all my social media post, thumbnails, and wallpaper.

Pros

I'm a youtuber. When I began, it was hard looking for software and app for stunning pics and thumbnails I could edit and flex my creativity. Yes, its all about colors, photos, fonts.... what doesn't this software have. The thing about it is that it's flexible. Social media posts, Book covers, Flyers, logos, whatever you need to create your brand canva has you covered. The saving and sharing features are super easy, and pretty ingenious. You can save it to your gallery or post it directly to your social media, but wait people that's just the tip of the iceberg. You can also save it with out a background. For those who love to create, an interchangeble background image is awesome. Sometimes you need to use another software or app to do this, but canva does this. Its like the gift that keeps on giving, but in the absolute best way. Hundreds of themes, and stock pics all in HD. Short vids, stickers, illustrations, lines and shapes adds variety to whatever you want to create. I also enjoy the fact that you can pick exactly what size photo you want. Pre- arranged sizes for social media are great for exact measurements, so their are no unecessary changes. Ah the joy of technology! The free trial is great, as well as a month long lol! Yup! And the premium version is surprisingly affordable! So if you are on a budget, its right up your alley and worth the money. Plus you can use it long enough until you get use to it.

Cons

I have only one complaint about this software. The logos aren't for those who are looking for more. The themes are too simple for a more adventurous creator, but if you have new and are simple it doesn't matter. Other than that its all good.

Rachel from Rogerson Aircraft Corp

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Review for Canva

Canva is an online design tool. Its biggest advantage is that it allows us to make simply and attractive resume, poster, cover of public account, business card, product logo and even flyers, and all of them are for free! I can design very good works just like a professional designer even without professional education, and I could earn extra money when I get freelancing design the job just using Canva

Pros

Canva allows you to make great images without being a graphic design expert. I have now used it many times to handle simple things, such as organizing cute Instagram pictures to more complex designs for our new marketing materials. If I sound enthusiastic, it is because of me.

Cons

Event allocation is handled by canvas, but events of replaced content need to be handled by themselves. Relying on expectations, high fidelity cannot be achieved, and performance decreases when canvas is long. And Canva only edit some details in the design, such as movement and auxiliary lines. Sometimes the platform loses the speed.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

Canva is probably my favorite method. Since I use 90% of online graphics software for online marketing, it makes it easy to implement. It is so fast and so versatile that I won't miss the other features of more complete design applications such as other product. The user interface is super simple and easy to figure out. Canva aims to improve speed and efficiency, it has additional advantages, which can be arranged on social media sites or integrated with Buffer from within the application.

Tarunabh from TD Film Studio

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

The best online graphics designer with readymade customizable templates

Canva is a very easy online designing app that delivers result really fast. From a promotional and online marketing perspective, using designs created completely within the Canva workspace enables me to save time and maintain a professional standard and consistency in all my final outputs. The readymade templates are very well-thought-out and I can easily find a suitable design template of my niche to modify and kick start my creation process, even in times when I am having difficulty to conceptualize a creative design. I highly recommend Canva for both amateurs as well as professional designers. Even non-designers can achieve a decent output with the help of Canva.

Pros

Before using Canva Pro, I was using Photoshop regularly and combining it with templates from Envato Elements. It yielded quality results no doubt, but it was a time-consuming process. I was not expecting Canva to be a replacement of Photoshop, but since I had to design lots of posters and graphic ads for social media regular posting, Photoshop wasn't the best choice. Canva really solved this problem. I can design professional quality graphic designs, posters, banners, flyers, brochures, invitations and business cards, logos, infographics - you name it, Canva has it all! Not only does it have thousands of top quality templates to choose from, I can also start from scratch and do a combination of different elements and assets, that can be selected from Canva's readily accessible library of millions of the best premium stock photos & videos, png elements & cliparts, and a vast collection of fonts. Another very helpful aspect worth mentioning is the ease of navigating and using the editing features and tools available within the Canva designing workspace. There is virtually no lag or glitches when you play with the dials of image effects and adjustment windows or when you resize and reposition, or copy certain design elements from one template to the other. The background remover tool inbuilt is probably the best one online, that I know of. All these wonderful features makes the whole workflow of using Canva layouts very convenient and satisfying.

Cons

Canva's monthly and yearly pricing for the Pro version are expensive to maintain. In comparison to Photoshop, I find the layering of Canva templates and the editing and selecting of each layer within a composition/layout, very inconvenient. When layers are overlapping, there's few to no options to modify and select individual layers with ease. Also, when I drag a new image into my layout, it snaps and replaces existing image and I have to really struggle to avoid Canva automatically doing that. A better folder organizing system for my custom uploads, with tags can go long way in bringing more discipline and efficiency to the workflow. The video or animation editing is very primitive, and even other basic designer tools like Placeit or invideo have much better and diverse ways of video creation. Canva still lacks a timeline editor window or keyframe animation, like that found in Pix teller.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Although Photoshop is a far superior software any day, Canva is very handy when I need to create a professional design quickly, and it offers me many options of templates and premium stock collection/library, and I don't have to leave the dashboard to hunt for assets and resources for my ongoing design process elsewhere. So I am using Canva more nowadays.

Bethany from City of Beaver Falls

Easy to use design software for amateurs

Canva has been an excellent resource that I use regularly in my career. I like that it's a month-by-month payment option so that I can participate in the premium subscription for the months I need it and save cost for my municipality on the months I don't. You need virtually no training to learn how to use this program and the longer you use it, the better designs you are able to produce. Canva is constantly updating and adding new features!

Pros

I have no design credentials but have needed to create social media graphics for community events. Canva has stepped in to support my lack of training in this area and is so simple to learn, create beautiful graphics and print materials. Their templates are well designed and easy to edit. Their premium suite allows you to set color schemes for your organization and use premium stock images and icons in all of the materials for no additional cost. The ability to add team members to designs so you can work collaboratively is incredibly helpful as well. You are able drag, drop and resize everything so it's incredibly easy to edit the design into the exact style you want. The ability to print at a low cost directly from Canva provides such a streamlining effect. I've printed everything from posters to business cards and I've always been impressed by the packaging and the final product of what I've ordered. There are so many customizations with the style of paper and finishes that it's easy to meet quality standards printing directly from Canva.

Cons

Every once in a while, I will get a design to exactly where I want it but, when the graphic downloads, text and/or icons will be out of place and misaligned. I have to do trial and error guessing to figure out where to misalign the text/icons on the design so it would download in the proper locations. It's frustrating. Otherwise, I have no complaints.

Cost, ease of use

Excellent Tool for someone with no Design and Video editing skills

to be honest, Canva is one of the Best design and video editing tools in the market right now but, I believe the Canva team can make a lot of improvements and add some helpful tools to make it very easy for us to use and save us a lot of time. for me, It's a great experience and that's why I use it daily because it helped me to create a lot of creative designs in a short time.

Pros

Easy to use tool and user-friendly especially for those without any designing and video editing skills. Perfect Images and Video and Templates for quick designs and videos. A lot of vector images and elements with free commercial use. All my designs are being saved in my account and no need to download them as PSD or something like this. You can undo any changes and I like the work History option ( still beta but, so far so good ). Amazing free to use fonts and font styles with different colors. Free one month trial and you can cancel it anytime you want without any charges on your credit card or PayPal.

Cons

In costume dimensions, you can't create designs more than 5000*5000 px. On the project page, you can't have more tools like for example layers, effects, background...etc. Not enough tools like the Erase tool, Selection tool, Remove Background tool, Color Hunt tool...etc Don't have a lot of text styles and effects to choose from. No stroke tool to add Stroke to the elements or the text. You can't marge two or three layers together ( you can group them but, it's not like margin them and making them like one layer not three layers in one group ). You can't work with a transparent background. not enough video effects and transactions to chose from to add them to your videos.

Jean from Total Body Training

Easier than Photoshop

using canva completely transformed how I create content for my company. I do a variety of things from making flyers for events that are going on in my studio to creating YouTube videos. In both these scenarios I use Canva. I'm able to create beautiful thumbnails using Canva and I Would put the thumbnails I've made against any other popular YouTubers thumbnails. Canva proves that you don't need an expensive editing software and an arts degree to create beautiful designs for your company and your brand!

Pros

I have to tell you I've been using Canva for several years now and It has made my life as The business owner and content creator much easier. I think what I like most about Canada is that it's a program that is built for would be designers to design things like thumbnails for platforms like YouTube or Facebook. Or create flyers and banners for Instagram and Facebook. What I like most is that it's much easier to use than a platform like Adobe Photoshop and it has a lot of the same features. Plus, they're always updating the software so just when you think you're going to have to switch over to using a new platform like Adobe they update things and add that one feature you've always wanted. Like for example the transparency feature that they just added a year or two back has been a real game changer for me. It's really helped me because now I've been able to make images have clear backgrounds and I don't believe that they used to have that. It's opened up possibilities for what I can do in the software. And by the way this is coming from someone who does know how to use Photoshop. I use Photoshop and I use Lightroom but I always go to Canva first because it's simpler to use and it's by far more accessible for beginners. Also, you don't have to use the premium service with Canva but I highly recommend it because the cost is rather low and you get access to so many different features like stock images and other editing tools that make the price worth it.

Cons

One of the only cons I can see with Canva is that I wish it had more editing tools. So, sometimes I do have to edit an image in an Adobe program but be honest that's very rare.

Miquéias from Food Production

The biggest and best online design software to bring your creations to life

I use the software for almost all things that have some need for graphic creation, even if it is not necessarily related to my infoproduct projects, such as creating posts for instagram or facebook, a very useful service if user wants to send a personalized message to a loved one. In addition, I have used the platform to create a book cover, blog banner, menu, logo, business card, Facebook cover, resume, Facebook ad and much more.

Pros

I love using the Canva software, but what attracts me the most is that the platform is completely online and because of that, no program is needed. With it any user new to design can develop different digital pieces, such as advertisements, invitations, banners, infographics, presentations, business cards, social media posts, e-books and whatever your creativity wants. The entire process of using the site is completely intuitive, there is no need to have prior knowledge to start using it.

Cons

Even with all the incredible features that Canva offers, as a user I notice the need to improve the loading speed and fluidity of use on the platform, because sometimes the service is unstable, but nothing that can harm the use on the computer.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Because canva is much more complete and gives the user much more freedom to create a different design.

Lidia from Digital Menus

I use it for everything!

I have nothing but excellent things to say about Canva. I am a teacher and I also do some freelance marketing work for a few restaurants. I use this program for both. I have used it to make my own graphics and designs for multiple startups and it has saved me thousands on having to hire someone. I love that you can print directly from their site so everything is all in one place and the quality of the prints is excellent. Not to mention the packaging is delightful! They are doing an awesome job, and I recommend them at every chance I get.

Pros

This product is so easy to use and because it's online I can pull my projects up from any computer or mobile device. It is so generous in the amount of design elements it allows and they continuously keep up with trends making designing so much easier for me.

Cons

It has so many choices that sometimes I get stuck trying to decide. I think its a great problem to have and I hope they will not change! But, sometimes I spend hours choosing between their awesome fonts. They have so many choices that I have to go in with a strategy. I give myself three minutes to pick a font, or an image, or element, and I force myself to make a choice. Otherwise, i'll spend hours browsing and choosing between fonts. Luckily, you can create folders to group elements together when you're creating brands, that way you can go back and easily decide what elements to use on a certain project.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

This product is what I had been dreaming of having. Google slides had the ability to rearrange elements freely, so it had given me the ability to design pages and fliers. It worked well for me. But Canva changed the game. I no longer had to search for and import images into the file, I no longer had to fuss with sizing and guessing while I printed. Canva has all the images, and the sizing features are superb. It has made my freelancing so much easier and more enjoyable!

Canva for engineering students

Canva is a best website for any one who willing to do any kind of designing work without knowing or having any kind of skills about creating beautiful creation. It helps you it guide you and it give the ideas for you to done your creation in very attractive design.I am highly recommend this website for any one to try this out.

Pros

As an engineering student, I have to do many presentations for my academic activities. Therefore I used to use same presentation template to create my every presentation and it became very boring after using several times. Therefore I need to use different templets to create my presentations and I had to use many softwares to create my own template. It is very time conseuming process to develop a new preentation templates there for I started for looking new for that. And thats how I met The Canva. First thing that I choose Canva because It has a very attractive web site. That is the first thing that moves me to the Canva.Canva web page is very user friendly to use even for a beginer. guide me to fullfill my needs. It has very beautiful templates not only for presentations it has many beautiful designs for any work which you are looking.I mainly use this to create my presentations in many beautiful desings and after every presentation my batch mates and teachers start to geting ask how I created such a beautiful presentation. Now they are all using Canva to done their desings. Canva is very good website to anyone who need to done a desing work without having any desining knowledge. It also help me to done my CV in very attractive desing and after that every one wants to make their CV like my one. You can create you'r own desings with help of Canva without using any templates.

Cons

Actually there is nothing that I don't like in Canva. It is very optimized designing website. But It restrict many good options and you have to pay to have these options. I like to use some of these options in free package. It will give some much more space to the creator or user to work with the Canva. It need to buy pro version of Canva to download high quality file of my design. I prefer high quality download feature must be free because lot of people come for Canva to do their designs easily and free. So i like to have free high quality file download.

Michaela from Innovative Labeling Solutions

Industry: Printing

Canva is the reason for my marketing career!

As a Marketing major, you would think I would choose some sort of "fancy" software that cost a lot of money to create marketing material for our company but I have stuck with Canva since my first class project in 2013 to now. Canva is my go to software when I need to get something done quickly but it needs to look clean, crisp and professional. I could go on and on about Canva but to put it simply, if you need to create GREAT marketing material or even if you just want to make something that looks nice just because, this is what you should use!

Pros

Canva is such an easy product to use and anyone can do it. I'm talking ages 6 years old to 99 years old can figure out how to create something awesome and super professional. I love the layout of Canva and how quickly you can find what you are looking for in the search function. If you are looking for a specific shape graphic to add onto your design, all you have to do is type it in. I also love all of the templates that are offered and that can help spark your creative thinking, especially if you're stuck and can't come up with an idea!

Cons

There's nothing bad I can say about Canva at all. They even have a mobile app which I use constantly for our social media page!

Reasons for Choosing Canva

I chose Canva due to the fact that all of my designs are saved on the cloud, they have thousands of options when it comes to templates, sizes, fonts, and graphics and finally because of how easy it is to use!

Michael from Masmaikel

All you need in one platform

Canva saves my time a lot. 1. I don't have to memorize the resolution & size format for each social media. Canva provides it. 2. Canva has many beautiful templates ready 3. I don't have to find / buy another stock images for my basic designs. It comes with your premium plan (which is quite affordable) 4. Canva has autosave feature, cloud base. I'm not attached to my desk :) Even I can do it from my phone. (Personally, I rarely use it from my phone).

Pros

1. Super easy to use. I use Canva to create my daily content. It's fast and easy to use. 2. Canva has built-in tools to remove background, controlling exposure, which is very helpful for my quick design. 3. Canva provides free resources (premium pictures, photos, design elements) that I can use freely. So simple that I don't have to buy stock photos. It's instantly available within the platform. 4. It has the presets & templates size for Instagram, youtube thumbnail, Linkedin banner, etc. Ready. 5. It has presentation templates as well!

Cons

1. The cheapest premium plan only has 1 brand preset. I find it difficult to switch among brand because the cheapest premium plan only allows me to have 1 brand preset. (default color, font, logo, etc). Hence I need to change manually when I do different design from different brand. However, you can choose the more expensive subscription plan if you have this kind of difficulty.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

Slidebean is quite expensive, and it has limitation. For almost the same performance, I prefer Canva to Slidebean. It saves my money on annual Slidebean subscription. (I used Slidebean last year, but I no longer renew it).

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Before, I used AdobePhotoshop. However, I switched to Canva because of these factors: 1. Cheaper price 2. in-app free images stocks available 3. Easy navigation & could based Canva is not suitable to do advanced editing though. You can't do liquify, curve, skew, extreme filter, and more advanced feature that Photoshop can.

Allows anyone in business to create appealing branded materials for customers/clients

I've been using Canva for years to create blog post covers, social media banners, social media posts, YouTube video thumbnails, and even branded pdfs to share information with my audience. Everything I've made in Canva has always been of high quality when it was time to hit publish and download my creations. They offer so much within their free version and are constantly updated templates, that there really is no reason to complain about something that you're not even paying for. Moving up to the paid version makes a lot of sense though if you want access to more storage, professional stock photos, extra templates, and more.

Pros

I like that you don't need photoshop or graphic design skills to use this software. The gorgeous templates they provide allow you to easily create professional and/or creative documents from day one of signing up for their service. You can alter their templates by simply dragging and dropping elements onto your creation or you can make your own templates from scratch. If you see a template that is not a part of Canva's free version, you can pay for it a la carte if you like without having to sign up for the monthly subscription. I feel like Canva is a great gift and quick solution for anyone in business who wants their brand to look appealing from the start (before they're ready go find someone to do their graphics for them).

Cons

I don't like how lines and boxes can end up being out of alignment if you're creating a document on Canva while using Safari. To avoid that issue, I learned to create questionnaires and pdfs while with the Chrome browser instead.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

I actually had Photoshop and Canva at the same time at one point. I have since cancelled my subscription to photoshop because it required way to many tutorial videos to learn how to use photoshop the way I wanted to. Canva on the other hand allows you to jump right into creating beautiful materials without the need for extensive training.

Humberto from Humberto Freela

Industry: Graphic Design

Canva, El Software de Diseño Online Más Usado

Canva, en lo personal es la mejor herramienta de diseño para NO diseñadores. Es un software que ha democratizado el diseño gráfico para cualquiera que desee incorporar estrategias de contenido en sus redes sociales, presentaciones de negocios, flayer publicitarios, entre otros. Con Canva, encontrarás muchas plantillas listas para utilizar en cualquiera de tus redes sociales. Cada una de ellas están optimizadas en cuanto al tamaño recomendado para la red social que deseas utilizar en tus campañas. Este software es muy versátil y su funcionamiento es muy intuitivo. Como es una herramienta que utilizan los más experimentados marketeros online, existen mucho tutoriales que te ayudarán a volverte en un experto. Mucho expertos en marketing digital recomiendan su uso. Los amigos de Hubspot tienen infinidad de artículos de blog que hablan de esta herramienta. Forbes.com habla de su crecimiento en medio del COVID-19. Si escribes "Canva" en el buscador de Google encontrarás más de 23MM de resultados de expertos hablando de este software de diseño. Otra cosa adorable de esta herramienta es que también la encuentra en su aplicación móvil, tanto para Android como para IOS. Disfruta de esta herramienta y no dudes en decidirte por ella.

Pros

- Uno de los software de diseño online más utilizado por lo que encontrarás muchísimos tutoriales, plantillas y ejemplos a utilizar. - Su versión gratuita ya dispone de muchísimos diseños y plantillas que pueden ayudarte a comenzar si no eres diseñador (como yo). - La versión de pago te ofrece muchísimas opciones de diseño: plantillas, imágenes, íconos realmente impactantes. - Es muy fácil de utilizar, un software muy intuitivo y versátil. - Posee infinidad de tamaños y formatos para utilizar en cualquier red social. Sus tamaños están actualizados para que cuadren perfectamente en cualquiera de tus redes sociales.

Cons

- En su versión gratuita, no puedes descargar diseños en fondo transparente. Es una utilidad que vas a necesitar en cualquier momento. Lo puedes resolver actualizando a una suscripción de pago.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Aunque son software muy similares, el funcionamiento de Canva me parece más fácil de utilizar.

Danielle from Figure of Fitness

Gorgeous app with a sea of options!

I really enjoy the ease of the app, navigating around it and editing to personalise each piece of content. It creates fantastic outlines for social media platforms and enhances each post with a chic yet clean finish. Everything is able to be edited and adapted to perfection and to your individual taste. What I love is that it has different sections for different platforms meaning as a result the layout for each piece will vary in size but create the same finished clean cut look as desired with the ability of having a matching version for a different platform therefore saving you the extra time trying to edit one specific post to fit a different version; for example a Facebook cover or a instagram live/ post are different size and specs. Using this app ultimately creates better outcomes in less time. I found I had more audience engagement and new content ideas. WIN WIN!

Pros

I love how personalised this app is. It is like the owners ( a young American) is having a chat with you throughout her daily app updates, notifications and weekly emails. (All interchangeable how often you receive them). I love seeing the app update with the tutorials, extra edits of content to use for your business for both premium and free members. The range that is available for free members is phenomenal, within its SEA of choices! The stock images are the best I have seen to date, they are vibrant and fresh. The app doesn't scrimp on how professional each part of the app itself looks alongside each individual section, tutorials and the photo quality. There is also a personal file section which is really handy to have quick access to something you have already made if you fancy reusing or updating something without having to start again (which wouldn't be too hard anyway) but we all love ease as humans!

Cons

There isn't much I dislike. I think the app is fantastic! It is easy to merge with other apps. It COULD potentially be easier for the app to connect directly to IG rather than saving an image then uploading as a separate file.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

I found the app itself was complex to edit, causing me to feel frustrated rather than excited about a new colourful post to enhance my business page! It took time to figure out and didn't feel straight forward at all. A bigger annoyance was the free membership was only able to access a VERY small percentage of content and even then, it wasn't great. The app doesn't offer a trial to even begin to experiment with what the benefits are of paying for an app up front for designing and recreating content. More than happy to pay for a product that seems worth it. Canva is a much better app for ease, trial and error, contacting support, general overview, content provided, stock images and much much more!

Rhea from The University of Texas at Dallas

Multipurpose Creative Tool

As the Marketing Head of a student organization at my university, Canva is my go-to tool to make and decorate flyers for event promotions, set up stories with the designs provided by Canva, to be uploaded on social media- Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn as well as the organization website. I also use Canva personally for creating Adoption Posts for dogs and cats and share them over Whatsapp, Instagram, and Facebook. Canva has a variety of templates to choose from and also gives you the flexibility to upload your own designs from the web which is why I particularly like this software.

Pros

I use Canva on a weekly basis to make flyers and posters for the promotion of my student organization's events. I love how versatile Canva is in its functionality right from developing, flyers, posters, infographics and Instagram stories. After using Canva I haven't gone to any other product. I especially love the feature where it allows other team members to collaborate and make its usage more open source for the entire team. As a student volunteering for the organization, I really like how Canva allows you to access functionalities for free to create your artwork.

Cons

While creating content, a lot of screen space is taken by the functionalities and templates and these are not adjustable. Because of this, the actual screen space of the flyer being created reduces. At times the flyer area during editing is really small and difficult to work with. Although Canva allows you to zoom to increase the flyer/poster size, it involves a lot of scrolling to add in new features. It would be really beneficial if Canva allows resizing functionality and template areas.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

I am comfortable using Canva as I have been using it for a long time. All the functionalities that it provides satisfy my needs and the pricing suits my budget. Hence, I prefer sticking to using Canva over other design software and products.

The best out there

Amazing. I enjoy using Canva for my company's graphics needs.

Pros

Canva is no doubt the best for seamless and easy designing. Even beginners can figure out how to create beautiful designs that stand out. I personally like to start designing from scratch, but on days when I just need a quick fix, I find staggering amounts of beautiful templates to suit my needs. Also, I like that I can add 3 free custom brand colours in the free version. For icons and illustrations, there are tons of FREE ones to add a touch of elegance to my designs (sometimes I find too-good-to-be-free icons and I just get more awed). In all, Canva is my go-to for fast, easy, beautiful designs on the go (I totally love the valuable articles on their website too).

Cons

I don't like that I experience a 'conflicting' copy issue most times because I lose my designs and have to start over. Also, when I search for an illustration/icon, if I choose one and later change my mind, I have to manually retype my search. It doesn't happen with images, just icons and it can be a bit annoying if I can't remember the exact word that brought up a particular search result.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

Honestly, it's easier and best suited for my needs.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Adobe Spark Post required more time and wasn't very beginner friendly.

Emilie Josephine from Mentrup Group LLC

Canva is perfect if you are on a tight budget or schedule!

Canva is a perfect solution for anyone who owns their own business or is thinking of starting their own. In 15 minutes - you can have a social media post, an Infographic, or a presentation all done. It is very cost effective (I believe we paid $13/mo when we first started a paid subscription) and gives you access to thousands of icons, videos, photos, fonts, and templates. When I ran our social media in the beginning, Canva allowed me to create 50-75 social media posts in a couple of hours. My team can now do 500 in the same time period and it has thus increased our productivity tenfold.

Pros

Canva is an absolute dream to work with. Not only is their product cheap (you can get started for free and this includes many free photos and elements), but it is extremely user friendly and has a vast library of templates. Starting with the free version and paying for “add-on” single images or videos (even if you do not have pro, you can pay for individual items you want) is the best way to get acquainted with Canva without the commitment. However, once you start using it regularly - I can almost guarantee you will fall in love with it.

Cons

There is almost nothing I do not like about Canva, but if I was forced to choose something it would be that videos downloaded “all at once” does not end up as individual files in a zip folder like pictures do, but rather as one continuous video. I can appreciate why this is great for those who do not have a video editing software, but I wish there was an option to “opt out” of the download as one single file (the workaround is to download each “page” individually, but this takes time).

Reasons for Choosing Canva

My husband (and business partner) has photoshop and was very eager to have me use it as well. However, I felt that for the price and level of experience needed to operate it, it would not give us the results we needed in the timeframe we needed it. So, when I discovered Canva and managed to use it from day 1 - the choice was simple.

Andrew from PAK7

Canva: Quick and easy to use

I find this an invaluable tool for running our organisation. It vastly simplifies graphics creation and speeds up the process. But I consider it an addition to something like Photoshop or Pixelmator Pro, rather than a replacement.

Pros

This is a really great tool for creating simple and repeatable designs. We have used it to create social media posts, flyers, and even our annual report. There are many things I like about Canva: * There is a good library of free-to-use graphics and clip-art. The pro-version (reasonably priced) now includes the right to use every stock-footage photo and asset on the site. * It is so intuitive and easy to use. I have used Photoshop and Pixelmator on the Mac and although they are very powerful they have a difficult learning curve - Canva does not have all those features, but you can get many (most?) tasks done quickly and with no training. * It is very template driven, so you can work from existing templates that they provide, or create your own template to use. We designed a template for our social media posts and can now adapt and reuse it very simply. * You can upload your logo and the corporate colours you use with your brand and they are stored in the site and easily accessible every time you create something * All of your work is stored and conducted online. There is no software to install! You can always find your work. You never lose your work. * You can export your work in a variety of formats - including with a bleed and crop marks for commercial printing. I've had items printed professionally and they have looked spectacular.

Cons

* The system is not good at giving you pixel perfect control. There are no rulers that I have discovered in the system - this is frustrating if you need some elements of the design to be in exactly the right place. This has not stopped us creating printed matter, but it is sometimes frustrating. * There are occasionally tasks that I cannot do in Canva and need to resort to other applications to do, for example removing the background from an image through a custom crop.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

I just found it easier to use...

Paulo Otávio from PristineBliss

No wonder it's so well known. You cannot go wrong.

We use it for both internal and external business needs whenever we want professional or fun-looking visual publications that won't take a lot of time to make (or money to pay a pro).

Pros

First of all, it's really easy to use. Tools are a no-brainer for the most part (or require little exploring), and unlike in other offline apps, it has tons of resources (icons, images, even text templates with different sizes and fonts) just a couple of clicks away, so the best part is that it saves you a lot of time when you're in a hurry. We use it whenever we don't have time for getting a pro/a designer to do it while still needing something that looks either professional or even fun (for internal events, for example – making internal announcements). It's also quite affordable, and can be used even for some business needs. Great for designing T-shirts quickly; it even gives you the measures if you search.

Cons

Such simplicity and clean UI/UX comes at the cost of making a few really basic needs surprisingly slightly more complex than they should, such as when you have to draw a line. There's no "pencil", so you have to go to shapes, find a line you like, and then use it and adapt it. Still quite easy, but adding a few basic custom drawing tools wouldn't hurt.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

Price; easy to use; visual aids that come with it

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Has all the features and resources you need most of the time with a lot of templates and free images and icons. Saves quite a bit of time, and works right on your browser.

Thomas from Keller Williams

Simple and Sleek design with decent functionality

Overall Canva is a great program whether using the free templates and graphics or unlocking their super high quality paid templates and graphics. Either way you won't be disappointed. I've been using Canva for a while and they keep getting better. It's real helped me on my Facebook post to educate my customers and make high quality infographics.

Pros

This tool is great for quickly creating infographics for real estate educational pieces that you can post on your social media platforms. Canva has templates for all types of postings that are fairly easy to customize. If you know the look and feel of the design you're going for then just flip through their large selection of templates, select the one you want, and make the adjustments you desire. It's that easy. The functionality is limited but powerful enough for almost any task. One positive to the limited functionality is that you don't get overwhelmed with all the options like some other programs which leaves you getting stuck in an endless loop of trying to find the "best" font or the best transitions. It's a simple, clean, inexpensive tool. Also, the export and import features are great. You can import your own photos, logos, etc. and the export function let's you export your creation to a bunch of different formats for whatever platform you want to share on. It's a great program with a large volume of quality stock images, graphics, fonts and templates to tackle any presentation. It works seamlessly with our real estate posts.

Cons

One downside to the software is the difficulty of changing the location of certain items in the layout. It can be cumbersome when compared to some of the other programs out there to relocate items within the presentation. The only other downside is that a lot of the graphics and templates are not free so you options are limited with the free version.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

I liked the templates and graphics that Canva provided straight out of the box as compared to Powerpoint.

Mark from CBS News

Industry: Broadcast Media

Canva is the PERFECT Social Media Tool

Overall, Canva is great. There are paid options which may help certain users get further use out of the software. But again, if you know how to use some other software to combine with Canva, you'll get the best overall experience. But even if you only know how to use Canva and nothing else, you'll likely be very impressed with the kinds of graphics you can create completely free of charge. Any social media user that is not an expert in graphic design, should be using Canva to make their social media pop.

Pros

I love Canva due to the amount of things you can do with it completely free. It really is a great tool to make social media graphics really shine. It definitely is worth having some basic skills with other software such as Photoshop, which will make your Canva experience that much better. Canva really is just for templates and it's best you use your own photos to upload. So if you can edit photos how you like, but can't create templates from scratch, marrying your very basic photo editing skills, with the ease of use of Canva is just a perfect combination.

Cons

Sometimes, editing the templates can be a bit clunky and frustrating. The tools that they have in place to edit are pretty good and I honestly don't know what can be done to fix it. But making small tweaks to the templates could sometimes be a pain. Sometimes I like the style of a template, but want to make a small adjustment to it, and it creates a bigger headache than I'd like it to. For example, in certain templates if you want to add more words than in their example text, it could create some funky layout issues. I wish Canva would do a better job in adding more "flexibility" to their templates.

Kacie from Arcadia

Ideal for sharp-looking visuals, no graphic design experience necessary!

It began saving me 2-5 hours weekly when creating social media graphics, and I since expanded to using it for everything from party invites to professional looking PowerPoint decks. The options are endless and with so many pre-drafted templates, it's worth investing in the professional account in order to take advantage of this platform's full capabilities.

Pros

The free option is outstanding, but the affordable paid option even better. I use this software daily. Templates allow for easy customisation of font, colors and photos. You can even upload your band kit fonts, color codes etc. The new "remove background" feature has eliminated my need to use photoshop for most projects. The newest feature allowing graphics of one size to be resized is a game changer for social media managers. The photo library is large and easy to search. And the platform saves all of your designs for ease of retrieval, and easy duplication means that you can create one template and reuse it for multiple projects. You can even add stickers and create moving gifs now! Oh, and you can even order affordable printed copies of your designs - from holiday cards to posters, I no longer have to export and send to a vendor... Canva made it easy.

Cons

I cant say there is anything I don't like about the desktop version. I look forward to the continued improvements and additions. The mobile version, however, is a little less sophisticated and difficult to manage, just due to the small screen size and need of precision when dragging and dropping items with your finger.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

PicMonkey was also fantastic, but for the investment and ease of use I've been both impressed and pleased with Canva.

AvendanoGonzalezS from CT University International Advisory Board

Hooped on Canva: The best desition for NonCreative Professionals

Once you get in ¨the Flow¨you will be able to create any Ad or other product that you can create with Canva in a very short period of time. Of course, it will be a nice way to start from scratch and learning each day a new way to add a visual value that can lead you to attract new customers.

Pros

As a professional, I have no chance as a Designer. Definitely I am not what a can recall ¨an artist¨, but, since I started to use CANVA, I have a revolutionary change in the way I create my ads for my job. Once I got the patience and the creativity starts to flow, I became an exceptional artist (jocking....of course, it is in my standards). Canva is the best software to create your own Ads and it is a very user-friendly solution. I love it. Now I am testing the Canva Pro, so maybe I will be creating a better than ever Ads for my customers, empowering my job in a very complex world right now. Do not waste more time, and hooped on Canva.

Cons

The problem is not the software, the issue is the user. If you plan to make any Ad and create a very empowering idea to attract new customers, you must take your time and of course, use all the potential of Canva. It is a very cool software, so you have to spend some time learning what you can create. Be smart, spend time and make some ads. It is the only way to learn and maximize your potential.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

I commit the mistake to try to work with a powerful tool like Adobe Creative Cloud. As a No Designer mentality, I got frustrated because it is a professional solution. So you have to lear lots of options and took a lot of time. It is helpful to learn new tools, but I am the one which prefers a more user-friendly solution like Canva.

Suzana from Marshall's Catering

I use Canva for EVERYTHING! Free options are endless!

Canva has honestly been a lifesaver for my job. I do not have a degree in Advertising or Marketing, but Canva makes all of my work look so clean and professional. They have really put out high quality work and it makes my life easier. I am always the one my co workers come to for any sort of small print project, because Canva has helped me deliver FAST and EASY quality projects. I would say it is ultra user friendly. Whatever you're using now, or if you're looking to use a software, stop right now and just sign up for Canva. I am not kidding you, it will make your life a lot easier. You can literally just use one of their templates if you are not the creative type, or start from scratch on any project. This is a HUGE tool for your personal business or Small Business.

Pros

I had to take a moment to write a review about Canva Software. I seriously cannot get enough of Canva. I have used Canva for over 2 years and all the options are amazing. I work as a Marketing director for both a catering and event planning company. I create menus, ads, social media posts all through Canva. We are a Small Business and don't have a fancy team creating out content, just me! I've been able to provide consistent quality work that looks professional. I customize each material from beginning to end starting with sizing, font, how much an item is turned, transparency, color, gifs or moving media, to the final print or saving product. You have options to save as PDF, JPG, PNG, Video and more. When you want to add a picture or design, you just search keywords and thousands of neat designs pop up. Not every picture or design is free though. However, THERE ARE A LOT OF GREAT FREE TEMPLATES TO USE! Free options are really endless and I appreciate that. If there is something that does have a watermark, the price to pay isn't that bad either, so it is worth it! I've created simple signs for our restaurants or beautiful eye catching ads for our Social Media platforms. The best part is, I can log into any computer, anywhere, sign in, and all of my creations are saved there. Every new change made to your design is saved automatically every so often, so you don't run the risk of losing changes if you log out. They also have printing options, so that's nice

Cons

Canva recently started to have moving images as an option. I would say their moving gifs are limited though. I would love see more of those on there. They are eye catching and will help a lot of creative groups, like myself, to put out more awesome content! I have not tried to have something printed by Canva, but they do have the option of having your creation printed. I will be trying some of their prints soon for a personal project. (I'm getting married, so I will be creating my own wedding invitations and save the dates through Canva)

Ian from Wildfire Systems

Just the right balance of power and control and ease

I really enjoy being able to create marketing assets quickly and Canva has nailed the feeling of "play" with their library of assets. I've mostly used Canva to produce banners (digital, not physical) for ad campaigns and t-shirts. In writing this review I just learned they have menus as a template type and videos so I'm likely to try working with those asset types soon.

Pros

A lot of products in the "design for non-designers" category have the problem of not allowing enough flexibility. They pin the user in with too few choices and restrictions so that every design (logo, banner, etc.) that you make ends up feeling too similar and not inspired, not YOUR creation. Canva is exceptional in that it makes it easy and fun to try LOTS of different designs, providing you with just the right assets to try a lot of different designs. It's still easy enough that you don't feel like you have to struggle or read a lot of how-to guides to get started but it's flexible enough that when you've created something, it feels like it's really yours (and not just a couple template options that you picked from). It's very handy for creating assets like logos, banners, t-shirts, etc. when you need something quick and when you don't have a professional designer resource. Great for home businesses working on marketing assets or startups where a CEO or product or marketing person needs to jump in and produce a few assets for a campaign, merchandise, etc.

Cons

This is more of a limitation than a negative comment about the product: Canva has a LOT of template types, including videos and menus (for restaurants) but they do NOT (as of Mar 28, 2020) appear to have a few key types like screenshots (i.e. for app stores) and their videos don't allow you to superimpose a graphic or video within the scene. I bring these two cases up because it's a very common need for a small business that produces apps to create promotional screenshots (the type where the screenshot is surrounded by marketing text) and promotional videos demoing their app content. For cases like this you'll have to look at https://biteable.com/ (for promo videos) and https://theapplaunchpad.com/ (for screenshot generators).

Jonathan from Bold Artistix Creative Marketing

User Since They Were Young

When I was a fledgling independent designer, I needed a design solution that gave me much of the power of Adobe Illustrator, but without the cost. I also wanted something that didn't require me to install software on my machine – aka cloud-based. After seeing a post from Guy Kawasaki, who was evangelizing for the company, I decided to try Canva out. Over the years, the company has added loads of useful features that helped me decide to start all my designers off with Canva rather than app software. Also, having teams and a brand kit available are a boon for creating designs for our own in-house work.

Pros

I started my marketing business with the idea that I'd grow it with remote staff. I realized that meant I'd need to find a design solution that gave me the power of Illustrator without the cost and the necessity if installing software. Enter Canva, the cloud-based designer's Swiss army knife. With Canva, I can be in Buenos Aires, add a member to my team in Los Angeles, and get them straight to work...regardless of whether they're subscribed to Adobe's suite. Furthermore, the Canva interface has gotten much more robust over the years: smart guides, excellent export options, direct access to stock images – so the need for us to turn to Adobe is less and less.

Cons

Generally, the Canva team has really built an excellent product, so there's not much I can complain about. However, there is one small, nuanced thing I'd really like. With security and privacy becoming so important now, I would love to have two-factor authentication through an authenticator app. Canva does have 2FA through a text message, but my team travels a lot and our phones have been lost or stolen often. But we all have 1Password on our computers to generate security codes, which would have saved time, so adding an authenticator option for 2FA would be incredibly useful.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

Canva's subscription-based, cloud design solution made hiring new remote designers easy for my business. The other tools we browsed were powerful, but required licenses, training, and more cost. In the end, we chose the cloud because we'd never have to update software, pay for large updates, train employees, worry about incompatible hardware, and finding a separate cloud to host our work.

Katalyn from Ohio Environmental Council

Leads pack in free graphic design software

There is nothing else like Canva out there--something free that has as many features. As an employee at a nonprofit and a freelancer, paid products are just not always an option or not a priority. Overall, the UI is great, there are so many free fonts/pictures/designs/etc, and it is a powerhouse for graphic design--especially if you need something easy and quick to use. The paid options are worth it if you do feel like investing a bit, you will get more functionality and design options for a very reasonable price. I recommend this product all the time to folks, even those with no design experience or know how. It's just so easy to use and amazing that all of it is free and has no ads.

Pros

There are SO many great features in Canva that I don't know where to start. It is really easy to use, even if you have no graphic design experience or knowledge, and the number of features that are available rival a lot of more expensive paid products. Very user friendly and easy to figure out even as a first time user--a lot of it is just drag and drop or drag around with your mouse. Tons of templates so not only do you know your FB header or IG post is the right size--there's also free designs you can build off of. You can share items with the rest of your team and copy designs. There's truly a lot to like about Canva.

Cons

I have very little in the way of things to dislike. There are quite a few elements (pictures, fonts, gifs, etc) and features (resizing your design without having to recreate it) that are only available as a paid subscriber and Canva doesn't allow you to filter them out, though I can't say I blame them. Sometimes formatting can get wacky when downloading items. It can't do everything that Photoshop or InDesign can do--it's not a replacement for that. There are some other very minor quirks (like if you paste in text, it will remove the paragraph breaks or bullet points) but there's not much to dislike.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

There really is no alternative to Canva. It is in a class of its own in terms of a free product with this many features, and this degree of user-friendliness.

Francisco from CCSISTEMAS DESARROLLO DIGITAL

Save money on photoshop or high end software if you need to design for social networks

Its been great, I tried the paying plan but didnt actually got to use it at full. Im sticking with the free plan since I use it only for quick youtube thumbnails or facebook posts that dont require more than JPG format and a couple of PDF files. If you plan to use it like that you can try the 30 days pro plan and see if it fits your needs. For me the free is way more than expected

Pros

The ease of use in Canva is as simple as a drag and drop. You can choose from a lot of objects like images, text, shapes and now even video and gifs to create an engaging post for social media. Since you have all the sizes available from start you choose your end use, pick the size and from there you just let your imagination do the rest.

Cons

For the free plan you get a LOT of benefits, but the problem is if you need to purchase or get a few extra things like premium images or shapes or export in specific ways like transparent PNG. The payment plan is kinda cheap and you unlock good things but the problem is the micro transactions of stock imagery which you have to purchase item by item and those arent cheap. I recommend to get the free plan and an external stock if you need the basic process. If you want to replace photoshop all together you have to go pro (of course you wont be able to do the same) but at least you get more export methods and lots of stock included.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

The problem with relaythat is that it has a lot of potential, but since it makes you do specific mockups you dont have a free to use software. For example you want a mockup for a diner, and it will give you space for 3 images only, but if one of those is rectangle and 2 squares you have to adapt the images you put in there. Its too strict on the use of images and stock and canva lets you do as you wish.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

We had the license for corel but needed a better pc for design and took a lot of effort. Since our designs are simple for social networks and need to be made ASAP we recommend canva for the ease of use and you can store everything online.

Sue from SB Media Group, LLC

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Anyone who spends any time running a business should know about Canva

My overall experience with Canva has been fantastic. I didn't rate their support simply because I think in my years of using Canva I have literally had only positive experiences and I don't think I have ever had to contact support. I plan on continuing to use the Canva Pro and I recommend it to anyone who needs some graphics or designs for their business.

Pros

First, I totallly love Canva! I was an early adopte of Canva back when it was still in Beta and you needed an invite to get an account. So I have been using it for several years now. It is my go-to place to create graphics for social media profiles and posts, blog posts, posters, Facebook ads, website graphics, logos... you name it! Barely a day goes by that I don't use Canva. What I like most about it is how easy it is to create professional looking graphics, without knowing how to use a complicated program like Photoshop. Depending on your background, the learning curve to use it is minimal. If you can drag and drop and click you can use Canva.

Cons

There are very things I don't like about Canva. You can do a lot with just the free version and that is what I used for a couple years. Eventually I upgraded to the pro version because it had features that allowed me to do things I needed to be able to do. For example, with the free version you can't create png files with transparent backgrounds. So that limits what you can do, especially if you want to create logos. But this isn't really something I dislike about the software, just a reason why I upgraded to the paid version. They have to make their money somehow, so I think it's a fair trade to pay for the upgrade which has so many awesome features!

Thomas from Clickback

Great Service, Completely Free

My overall experience with Canva has been a really positive one. Like I said, as a supplement for photo editing software, it does everything you'd want it to do. Generally, when I need to create a social post for an upcoming holiday, I'll head over to Canva, type the name of the holiday into the search bar, and select the design that I like the best. That's it. Occasionally, I'll have to do some minimal tinkering with the design to get it just right, but for the most part, it's pretty much grab-and-go. Since the barrier-to-entry is so low with Canva, there's really no reason not to use it, particularly if you're looking to add more graphical elements to your marketing, and don't have an in-house graphic designer, or you want to save yourself some time when it comes to creating social graphics.

Pros

One of the best things about this service is that it's completely free. If you need a post for a social media channel, or a banner for a blog post, you can hop into Canva, type what you're looking for in the side, and it'll spit out a myriad of options for you to choose from. I find that generally, these options (prefab from Canva, or possibly designs that other users have created and allowed for re-use) generally hit the nail on the head for what I'm trying to accomplish. Most of the time, I use Canva to create social posts for upcoming holidays. It's a huge time saver to be able to head to their service and type 'St. Paddy's Day' into the search field, rather than gather up stock photos of shamrocks to assemble myself in photo editing software. The service has templates for virtually any use case online, and even allows you to customize text placement or images in a fairly simplistic editor (completely with snap-to and grids, so you can always make sure that your elements are lined up properly). If you're in need of a service that will let you design virtual postcards, or square images for social posts, etc. I highly recommend checking out Canva. There's a pro version of Canva you can subscribe to, but I gave this a 5 start rating for value because I've been using the free version and feel it does everything I need it to do. I don't have much experience with support, but the ticket submission system seems entirely serviceable.

Cons

There's honestly not much to say that I don't like about the software. It does virtually everything I'd need it to do as a replacement for designing from the ground up using photo editing software. If I were to change one thing, I find that when you're looking for a design, Canva will often spit out a lot of e-vites or holiday card style designs. Usually, I can re-purpose these designs to meet my needs, though, so it's not a deal-breaker by any means. There are also a ton of design templates that you can select on the home page, so you should be able to circumvent this by selecting one of those first.

Katherine from Bardwrite N.A., Inc.

Industry: Writing and Editing

Would You Recommend? Too Late, Already Have.

I make graphics for our companies and occasionally clients, in a whole variety of capacities. I have used Canva to create newsletter graphics, social media posts for Twitter, Facebook, Pintrest, Tumblr, Instagram, and Reddit, brochures for products or services, infographics for conferences, and more.

Pros

I have been using Canva since I began teaching myself to make graphics over two years ago. It has served me well in both simple projects (like graphics for social media) or full-on gif animations. They continually add new features and content and are always revamping the suggestions for "fresh" ideas. It's also super easy to share your project to other people or places, and you have quite a few download options for your files. And it is SUPER easy to use, the user interface is very intuitive and if you have questions their docs are great!

Cons

I have very few complaints, and the ones I have are pretty niche issues. Systematically I don't see issues at all! But sometimes it can be hard to format a picture correctly due to their "snapping" feature that snaps whatever element you're using to the nearest part of the picture the program "thinks" you want to use. For example, if you try and move a circle to a centimeter away from the middle of the graphic you're creating, it will automatically center itself and won't let you un-center it without an enormous amount of fuss. But this is minor and doesn't really happen often for me!

Reasons for Choosing Canva

The user interface took me a fraction of the time to learn to use than the other options I was considering. And they have tons of options!

Carolyn from W.E. Aubuchon Co., Inc.

Easiest Design Program EVERRRR

The user-friendly interface, hundreds (if not thousands) of templates, and ability to create designs with a mobile app have me sold on this software. The "business" or "pro" version of Canva comes at a minimal cost of ~$13 per month if you want all the bells and whistles. Otherwise, one could easily use the free version with no issues or limitations, other than not having as much access to the library of free images and graphics.

Pros

Canva is easy to learn so you can start creating designs almost right away. There is also a huge library of images and graphics to choose from so you don't have to constantly upload your own images and graphics just to make simple designs. I also LOVE all the pre-made, FREE templates they have available to their users.

Cons

There are certain design functions and features that Canva has not yet implemented. For example, it would be really nice if there was a text-bending feature, to curve text around graphics, images, or other text. It would also be nice to have layers. Nothing extensive, but for example, I'd love to make a rose-gold text from a font "layer" and a rose gold "layer" by merging the two and "cutting out" my text to create a rose-gold font.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

PicMonkey is not as easy to use, and all it does is lag when I login to use it. Canva was a no-brainer once I discovered it.

Shala from Owasso Chamber of Commerce

Industry: Executive Office

Canva is one of my favorite design tools

We use Canva for all our design needs. Social media marketing, magazine ads, flyers, brochures, email blasts, etc... We can do it all in Canva. I love that our brand colors are saved and there are so many beautiful templates to choose from so all we have to do is change to our brand colors and change the wording and we are set. Canva has given me the freedom to play around with design and create some beautiful works of art! Love all of the graphics, fonts, images, etc... So many good things to say about it. I recommend it to everyone I know.

Pros

I love the ease of use with Canva. Anyone with basic computer skills can look like a professional graphic designer. Also, most everything we do in Canva is completely free. I am the marketing director for a non-profit so we have zero budget to spend on marketing. Since I am able to use Canva for free all the time, whenever there is something special that I need to do and I want to purchase a premium image, my boss is totally ok with that. Especially because I can show him what the finished product will look like before we spend the money!

Cons

I do wish there were a way to search free graphics and images by title. Currently you can search by subject but free is mixed with premium. Sometimes I have to search for a long time to find the free images I need. I understand why they designed it this way. Obviously if we want to keep Canva supported and growing, we need plenty of people purchasing premium images. My organization doesn't often have the budget for the premium images so I'm grateful that other people do because I want Canva to stay around for a very long time. I honestly don't know what I'd do with out.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

I started using Canva in 2014. At that time there weren't a lot of other products like this on the market. Over the years I've heard of others that have come along but Canva continues to improve so I have no desire to switch and learn another product when Canva does everything I need it to!

Displaying 1 - 50 of 8,448 reviews