What are Canva users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Canva software through verified user reviews

9,472 Reviews

7,105
2,062

• icon"It's super easy to use even if you have little to no design experience, and has an amazing array of templates and design elements you can use for free or minimal costs."
  • icon"This is an excellent sotfware for people that is not a designer and need to have very good presentations and frameworks."
  • icon"It helps with ideas on different ways to use products. We really need new ways to communicate with our community and with the pandemic it is nice to reach them with style."
  • icon"Also there have been times when I have lost a design accidentally using Canva on my computer due to changing the template accidentally."
  • icon"The lack of functionality and inability to do more with the software. There are a number of seemingly simple changes I couldn't make."
  • icon"There are no features missing, i feel it's very complete when you pay the subscription. When you are a free user you have a limited set of tools at your disposal."

Browse all Canva Reviews

• Have you used Canva and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 9,472 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 9,472 reviews

AvendanoGonzalezS

Hooped on Canva: The best desition for NonCreative Professionals

Once you get in ¨the Flow¨you will be able to create any Ad or other product that you can create with Canva in a very short period of time. Of course, it will be a nice way to start from scratch and learning each day a new way to add a visual value that can lead you to attract new customers.

Pros

As a professional, I have no chance as a Designer. Definitely I am not what a can recall ¨an artist¨, but, since I started to use CANVA, I have a revolutionary change in the way I create my ads for my job. Once I got the patience and the creativity starts to flow, I became an exceptional artist (jocking....of course, it is in my standards). Canva is the best software to create your own Ads and it is a very user-friendly solution. I love it. Now I am testing the Canva Pro, so maybe I will be creating a better than ever Ads for my customers, empowering my job in a very complex world right now. Do not waste more time, and hooped on Canva.

Cons

The problem is not the software, the issue is the user. If you plan to make any Ad and create a very empowering idea to attract new customers, you must take your time and of course, use all the potential of Canva. It is a very cool software, so you have to spend some time learning what you can create. Be smart, spend time and make some ads. It is the only way to learn and maximize your potential.

Reasons for switching to Canva

I commit the mistake to try to work with a powerful tool like Adobe Creative Cloud. As a No Designer mentality, I got frustrated because it is a professional solution. So you have to lear lots of options and took a lot of time. It is helpful to learn new tools, but I am the one which prefers a more user-friendly solution like Canva.

Charity

User Friendly Design Software For Individuals And Small Businesses

Canva is user-friendly and affordable. It has made creating designs easy and fast. Designing marketing materials for both our offline and online audiences now costs less and doesn't consume much time. The pros for this product outweigh the cons, I would therefore recommend this software to anyone who isn’t an expert on graphic design and still needs to create appealing and professional-looking materials without spending too much time or money. It is ideal for small businesses.

Pros

Canva is affordable and easy to use which makes it ideal for most of our marketing personnel who have little graphic design experience. We do a lot of brochures, flyers, create ads, and social media graphics for our properties. Creating content for the various social media platforms has never been easier. It has thousands of high-quality templates to use in designs for almost any occasion which are easy to customize. It also allows one to upload their own images to use on the platform. The platform supports various file formats which makes it easy to work with for the team. It stores the designs for future use and we can download them into different devices to use elsewhere, for instance, post as a status or part of the catalog on the Whatsapp platform. The availability of tutorials and designing courses makes it easy to use and learn new things. The availability of a mobile version of the software is a huge plus. Creating designs while on the move is amazing. Our team doesn’t have to wait to get back to the office to create a poster or social media post for that amazing property that they want to take online immediately.

Cons

The software has limited photo editing functions and a lot of features like resizing images are locked in the premium version. It is also not flexible enough for an expert designer who wishes to create designs from scratch. Whereas there are thousands of templates to use on the platform, a lot of designs lack uniqueness as popular designs are used by a lot of businesses. They can do better on the customer service. The ease of reaching the support team and the response time to concerns raised should be looked into.

Reasons for choosing Canva

Canva is user-friendly software and doesn't require one to have any graphic design skills as opposed to Adobe Indesign which is for professional graphic designers. The availability of easy-to-use templates that allow one to create a design in a very short time was very appealing to us. For our level of design needs, Adobe Indesign would be expensive for us, so we went with Canva.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Photoshop is a powerful software for professional graphic designers and requires a lot of investment in terms of learning and practice. Its interface is also quite complicated and can be a bit difficult to navigate and considering that most of our team members do not have graphic design skills and our needs are really very simple, we realized that it was not ideal for our situation. We were looking for easy-to-use software that anyone could work with. The price too was a factor. Whereas Photoshop offers superior editing capabilities and collaboration tools, Canva offered what we were looking for at a much lower price and it having both a freemium and a premium version made it all the more attractive. That being said, I must state that Photoshop is amazing software. It's professional and the choice to switch was really about what software best suited our needs.

I've been using Canva for 6 yrs. for a reason!

I've seen the evolution with Canva over time. Reading some of their own articles from what they conceived of their brand, I don't think they ever expected to grow the features to this extent. I haven't seen a program quite like it besides Crello, but Crello just seems like a buggy version of Canva. I am looking forward to seeing Canva grow in its video editing/production game. Their options right now are limited. And although I use Wondershare Filmora for video, I would like to use Canva for shorter projects.

Pros

Even though I have the Adobe Suite, I use Canva more because of its ease of use. There's tons of templates to use, tons of vectors, images, video footage...the list goes on. I love that I can create my own templates and interchange elements easily. There are certainly things that Canva doesn't offer, which is when I go to Photoshop, Lightroom, and Illustrator. But really, you can do more with Canva than what most people think: you can remove backgrounds, add a drop shadow, add an outline to your isolated image, add in neon text effects, add in animations to your graphics...okay, this list could get lengthy. You get the point, there's a reason why Canva is my go-to.

Cons

I mean, there's some limitations with Canva compared to the Adobe Suite, but I'm not expecting Canva to become the next Adobe. Their purposes are different and I appreciate them for the unique capacities they provide. Some limitations: the text effects are not going to be as customizable as what you can do with the styles feature in Photoshop. In general, you're not going to be able to customize to the extent that you can with the Adobe Suite. I guess one of my only semi-big complaints is that the filters to edit photos are pretty limited. Compared to Fliker's old Picnik and the old Photoscape program, the photo editing options are minimal. I would like to see options added like image retouching: blemish removal, facial retouching with a softening feature, etc. Also, there are times when the audio files they offer are included with your pro membership, yet, I get flagged on Youtube that my account is using something that is not royalty-free and that I cannot monetize that particular video. That's pretty frustrating and I'm not sure why that happens.

Stephen

Canva is Great for Social Media

It's not bad for someone with no design experience as long as they are willing to pay more for printing. For the higher cost of printing you could pay a professional such as myself to design for you and print at a lower cost and higher quality. The application is bad for the overall marketing industry because it has lowered the quality standard and impact of advertisements being created by business owners who think they understand marketing, design and printing. I recently said to one of my clients who owns a high end auto detailing business and tried to create some marketing materials on his own, "I don't now how to properly wax and detail my vehicle. I would probably ruin the paint job somehow if I were to do it myself. That's why I hire a professional. I wouldn't expect you to be able to handle a design, print and marketing job either because that's not what you do." In short, stick to what you know and leave the rest to professionals. It will cost you less in the long run.

Pros

It's very easy to use and offers a ton of design content for free. You don't necessarily need to search outside of Canva for images but you can if you want. It's great for designing simple social banners or marketing materials quickly but there is a catch. They are trying to sell you printing services and their pricing is not competitive with quality printers.

Cons

I recommend Canva to clients who need to create social media marketing images. I have worked with clients who need me to print postcards, flyers or brochures that they designed on Canva and there are issues. Canva is trying to sell printing services. Their design templates are sized and setup for the printer companies they outsource to. If you design on Canva and download the files to send to a professional printer then those files are not setup correctly and require alterations to be printed. That's if there is room for alterations, but not all designs will allow for easy alteration so therefore the customer is forced to print on Canva at higher costs.

Emanuella

Functional graphics tool for inexperienced users

It's very easy to use, and I love the extensive library of visuals, texts and templates.

Pros

Canva is affordable and easy to use, making it ideal for most of our marketing people who have little experience in graphic design. It has high resolution images which makes it very attractive to use.

Cons

The only minor thing is the inability to use it offline. Although it's not as impressive considering the ease of use.

Reasons for choosing Canva

I have no experience in graphic design and therefore for me Canva met all my needs

Ali

A professional online tool for editing photos and generating visual content

One of the best platforms for managing and editing images under the cloud is that you can easily generate visual content for the websites or social media along the way. Very simple and smartly designed. Provides you with everything you need to edit photos and make changes and add text or create visual content on a web platform. The subscription price is also very small and reasonable.

Pros

Ready-made templates and sizes are great for social media pages. I create new content every day to generate content and create a new story or post for Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter through Canva. It has never been so easy and fast for me to produce content. The dashboard is very simple and functional on the web, as well as a very professional mobile application. Saving files on the cloud and exporting them to any format is very useful, and I also love the ability to create gifs and animated videos.

Cons

When editing images through the browser, sometimes some sections do not work well, and if the page is zoomed with the browser, most times it can not be returned to the previous state and the page must be refreshed. Also, the app for the iOS version on the iPad could have had more professional features and is still very beginner and is exactly like the web browser version. But in general, everything in this platform is satisfactory and only these minor issues should be resolved.

Reasons for choosing Canva

It did not need to be learned and can be easily started with a few clicks, and it is also very reasonably priced and simple and practical. Available on all devices and everywhere.

Reasons for switching to Canva

I needed online software that was available on all devices and in all places and had a complete library for editing photos at a reasonable cost.

Tashauna

Best Graphics design tool

It helps to generate lead magnets, social media templates very quickly.

Pros

It has a wide variety of templates, Easy to use, perfect for beginners,

Cons

I feel like as of lately more features and templates have gone towards the paid section and less in the free.

Reasons for choosing Canva

Easier to use, more attractive templates, and more options available.

Asmarinho

Industry: Photography

The best Software you can start working on your designs without design experience

An experience full of learning and creativity

Pros

Canva has many features, the most important of which is that you do not need a lot of design experience to be able to work in it. It also provides you with ready-made templates to edit or use as is. This feature allows you to find new ideas for your design and also you can edit videos, and it is also possible Download canva on your phone and make your own design from your phone

Cons

If you do not want to buy the paid version of canva, you will have a little difficulty finding ready-made templates that suit you, and canva is not the best software on the phone

Reasons for switching to Canva

Because it saved me a lot of time and gave me many ideas

Eliel

If you are in the Digital Marketing environment, this is a must.

Pros

-Unique templates -Easy to use even for the unexperienced -A lot of options and functionalities Overall, it lets you create high quality designs in a short period of time.

Cons

There are a lot of premium templates which you can not use unless paying for the premium version.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Because of all the PROS, easier to use and how easy is to customize pre-existing templates.

Avash

An Awesome Graphic Desigining Tool That Can Be Used By Anyone

I absolutely love it. Thousands of well-designed templates, elements, awesome looking photos - all in one place with a powerful editor and great UI. I highly recommend it for everyone.

Pros

I am not a graphic designer, but I can design simple graphics easily - all thanks to Canva. I have been using Canva for over 2 years now - to design social media posts for our Facebook page, some graphics for my personal blog. It would cost me hundreds and hundreds of $$$ if I hired graphic designers but Canva works as good for only about $10 a month. Canva also saves me time as I don't need to explain my idea to designers and then wait for them to complete design - I can choose template I like and then make a good looking design in less than 10 minutes for less than $10 a month. I absolutely love the power of Canva.

Cons

I don't have any problem with Canva. I sometimes miss advanced tools like pen tools but they are for advanced users and require advanced software. With Canva, I can choose from thousands of already available templates, elements, photos and then edit them to reflect my idea. I can't make designs in advanced software as easily as I can make in Canva. So while I do miss advanced features like pen tool sometimes - there's nothing that I don't like about Canva.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Canva has more features and better templates. I also felt that Canva is easier to use.

Tebogo Lindy

all- in- one design tool

If you are just starting a business it is perfect because it has a free version and a variety of design options you can use for editing and designing your work.

Pros

Its so easy to use even someone with no designing skills can use it. It has a lot of free templates, designs and images to choose from. Its drag and drop interface is perfect even for a beginner.

Cons

You cannot edit the downloaded designs and have to go back to the software to do it.

Reasons for switching to Canva

its way too complicated for a beginner and you need skills to work it.

NEIL

Absolutely love Canva!

To say that I've financially benefitted from Canva would be a gross understatement. From my personally creating Linkedin backgrounds, logos, blog posts, instagram mashups, youtube backgrounds, youtube photos, ebook covers and online courses, I have used these features and probably more that I've forgotten about.

Pros

I love the ease and functionality of its visually appealing menus, the fact that it seems to have thought of EVERY possible use for why I would want to create a graphic (Linkedin backgrounds, logos, blog posts, instagram mashups, youtube backgrounds, youtube photos, old family photo touch up and recreations, etc), this app really does seem to have it ALL! So much so that I went from the free trial version to the paid version within about a month of using it in order to get the premium phots and content, which has been almost mission critical to my content creation--even to the best ebook covers I've used for my published books on Amazon.

Cons

Canva has really thought about everything that I could think of. I've speculated whether or not the price would be a "con," but it's so low and their work is so incredibly valuable that they deserve to bump up the price--it would still be MORE than fair.

Reasons for choosing Canva

Free Trial, huge variety in menu options and the vast diversity of projects it helps you create, hands down makes it the absolute Gold Standard choice for all things graphic design. WOW!

JINSHINA

Simplest Graphics tool for unskilled users

Canva will do the work and that too cloud based, you can do your work from anywhere with any device and their phone integration also pretty impressive. I still use Canva for instant visuals. And Canva is my savior when it comes to my business proposals and presentations.

Pros

Canva is the first tool I tried when I was working in business development, I wasn't skilled in graphic designing at that point of time( Now I run a digital marketing firm) So straight to the point canva is a straight forward, simple online graphics tool that offers a mountain load of templates and stock photos. * It provides one month trial period that's a lot time if you compare Adobe spark or Poster My wall *So you create business proposal/posters/social-media posts without any graphic design skill * offers canva enterprise for bigger teams, canva team management also pretty easier. * Upload and download interface is pretty easy and saves a lot of time * they have added new features in terms of photo effects ( like BadTV, glitch, liquify etc) * and notable customer support(email) they will sort your issues and help more customised integration- in my case I needed my regional fonts in Brandkit they have integrated it successfully. * If you are in to Social media management role their content planner is pretty easy to use

Cons

*The one thing I felt as a designer is creatives are linear, you know when you design with adobe platform your creatives are smooth with accurate edging and toning. *The photo adjustment tool can be more improvised

Reasons for choosing Canva

First it was offering trial period of one month, by that time I became pro at designing with canva.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Needed more design centric creatives , Canva designs are too easy to copy my clients demanded unique graphic designs.

Dipannita

Industry: Writing and Editing

A Great Design Tool

My overall experience with canva is pretty much satisfactory. Not every design tool will give you the opportunity to work in the cloud with so many design options. Besides, it is quite easy to use and user-friendly. I would happily like to recommend it to others.

Pros

Canva is a great design tool. Even if you are a beginner level designer or don’t have much design skill, canva has everything to help you out. There are many templates which are ready to use and you just need to improve it by using your creativity. As I work for my clients as a social media manager, I need a lot of images to post on their social media pages. In that case, it would have been a tough job for me if I didn’t have canva. Now, I can make images of specific sizes to post on Facebook, Instagram or even on Twitter. Furthermore, it has a great dashboard which is so much easier to use. Moreover, canva has a great mobile application. On top of that, you can save your creation in the cloud and download it in your desired formats as well.

Cons

There are some rooms that can be improved further. They should improve their resource section. The photo library, elements, and other resources should be upgraded. Other than that, canva is a great tool for designers.

Reasons for switching to Canva

I always have needed a design tool that can be accessed from anywhere and which is completely cloud-based. Canva Had everything to meet my requirements.

Revisión de Canva

Canva es una aplicación de diseño online muy sencilla que ofrece resultados muy rápido. Desde una perspectiva de marketing promocional y en línea, el uso de diseños creados completamente dentro del espacio de trabajo de Canva me permite ahorrar tiempo y mantener un estándar profesional y coherencia en todos mis resultados finales. Las plantillas listas para usar están muy bien pensadas y puedo encontrar fácilmente una plantilla de diseño adecuada para mi nicho para modificar y poner en marcha mi proceso de creación, incluso en momentos en los que tengo dificultades para conceptualizar un diseño creativo. Recomiendo encarecidamente Canva tanto para aficionados como para diseñadores profesionales. Incluso los que no son diseñadores pueden lograr un resultado decente con la ayuda de Canva.

Pros

Antes de usar Canva Pro, usaba Photoshop con regularidad y lo combinaba con plantillas de Envato Elements. Sin duda, produjo resultados de calidad, pero fue un proceso que llevó mucho tiempo. No esperaba que Canva fuera un reemplazo de Photoshop, pero como tuve que diseñar muchos carteles y anuncios gráficos para publicaciones regulares en las redes sociales, Photoshop no fue la mejor opción. Canva realmente resolvió este problema. Puedo diseñar diseños gráficos de calidad profesional, carteles, pancartas, volantes, folletos, invitaciones y tarjetas de presentación, logotipos, infografías, lo que sea, ¡Canva lo tiene todo! No solo tiene miles de plantillas de alta calidad para elegir, también puedo comenzar desde cero y hacer una combinación de diferentes elementos y activos, que se pueden seleccionar de la biblioteca de fácil acceso de Canva de millones de las mejores fotos y videos de stock premium. elementos png e cliparts, y una amplia colección de fuentes. Otro aspecto muy útil que vale la pena mencionar es la facilidad para navegar y usar las funciones y herramientas de edición disponibles en el espacio de trabajo de diseño de Canva. Prácticamente no hay retrasos ni fallas cuando juegas con los diales de efectos de imagen y ventanas de ajuste o cuando cambias el tamaño y la posición, o copias ciertos elementos de diseño de una plantilla a otra. La herramienta de eliminación de fondo incorporada es probablemente la mejor en línea, que yo sepa.

Cons

Los precios mensuales y anuales de Canva para la versión Pro son costosos de mantener. En comparación con Photoshop, encuentro muy inconvenientes las capas de las plantillas de Canva y la edición y selección de cada capa dentro de una composición / diseño. Cuando las capas se superponen, hay pocas o ninguna opción para modificar y seleccionar capas individuales con facilidad. Además, cuando arrastro una nueva imagen a mi diseño, se ajusta y reemplaza la imagen existente y realmente tengo que luchar para evitar que Canva lo haga automáticamente. Un mejor sistema de organización de carpetas para mis cargas personalizadas, con etiquetas, puede ser de gran ayuda para brindar más disciplina y eficiencia al flujo de trabajo. La edición de video o animación es muy primitiva, e incluso otras herramientas básicas de diseño como Placeit o invideo tienen formas mucho mejores y diversas de creación de video. Canva todavía carece de una ventana de edición de línea de tiempo o animación de fotogramas clave, como la que se encuentra en Pix Teller.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Porque Canva cuenta con muchas más herramientas

Bruno

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Canva - the new way of presentation

Canva has been and amazing experience, I use it both for professional and personal. Either I want to make a professional presentation or invite some friends to a event.

Pros

Canva is, in fact, a new and amazing way of making presentation. It is no longer necessary to use powerpoint and present in a old way. Besides that, if we want to create a facebook ad or send an invitation, just use Canva to create your templates- mainly for free!

Cons

The software still can improve, and that´s fine. The customer service should be easier to achieve and Canva should keep investing in free templates, to cauth new users!

Reasons for choosing Canva

Prezi is also a dynamic way to make presentation, but more difficul and not intuitive. For that reason, canva is much better!

Reasons for switching to Canva

Microsoft is old, it means old templates.

Ondrej

Industry: Medical Devices

Incredibly useful tool for everything related to quick graphical output for social media

Canva feels like you took all the most used tools from Illustrator or CorelDraw, cut them down to basics, make them easy to use, combine it with some simple video editing features and add tons of templates and all the exporting options you could need. I create mainly content for social media and simple print flyers for our company and it does the job absolutely great. Of course you have to keep in mind that for more complex projects you should use more complex software, but for anything quick and simple this tool is ideal. When you use or get inspired by templates, it can make your graphical stuff look professional without much effort.

Pros

It is incredibly easy to use when you need to do something quick and you don't want to use more complex tools like CorelDraw/Adobe products. It has tons of templates which you can use directly or can be used for inspiration for your own stuff. What I like the most that you have already recommended sizes of different posts for social and print media, which are predefined. You can quickly switch between different sizes and adjustments are super easy. I also like that I can work with video and decently animate pictures. All the tools which you would probably need for simple and medium complex projects not only for social media. Also, the smartphone app is really useful, for some minor operations when you are on the go.

Cons

As far as I know, there is nothing I could complain about. It has everything I need for quick creation. It is not usual that you can find a tool which really does everything you would expect.

Reasons for choosing Canva

I also use Adobe Spark from time to time because I have it prepaid in my Adobe creative cloud subscription but Canva has more options, more templates and is easier to use. The overall feel is more user friendly and you can make more with Canva if you use it well.

aymane

"best website to easy design"

Canva is excessively acceptable. It is a one-stop answer for me. Regardless of whether I need to make content for online media stages or my web journals, I generally use Canva. As a result of its effortlessness, I could never consider any elective choices of Canva. We have been utilizing Canva generally for introductions, online media substance, and logo planning. Our transition to Canva has enormously diminished the expenses and time we spent on standard planning programming and recruiting specialists. In spite of the fact that Canva is an astounding application with regards to instant planning, there are as yet numerous restrictions that we feel will be dealt with later on. Other than video altering, introductions, and some other inaccessible choices, I wouldn't anticipate that you should have the option to deal with a plan, print, and advertising position either on the grounds that that is not what you do." to put it plainly, stick to what you know and leave the rest to experts. It will cost you less over the long haul. The membership cost is likewise little and sensible.

Pros

My experience on the Design portion of Canvas has consistently been excellent and I have been utilizing it for quite a while. Straightforward, fast, and simple to utilize tools.it s truly incredible, functional, pleasant plans, the excellent incentive for cash. amazing help, both regarding the plan and their print shop. I requested cards and shirts, both followed through on schedule. Taking a gander at different surveys, I additionally need to say that I never expected to call their after-deals administration, yet one of my clients was not content with the nature of the hello cards, and Canva offered them to her. re-imprinted on more excellent paper and she just needed to pay the distinction. I made a logo which I at that point printed as a business card and card I got all more than four days and of excellent quality, I prescribe it to any individual who needs to figure out how to construct their picture. Similarly, as with a game, the more hours you spend there, the more you will test. To put it plainly, I suggest with shut eyes

Cons

I take a gander at the following information and they will not be here until MONDAY. It can get laggy and moderate when you're assembling your plan. M envisioning the site has a lot of segments to deal with, yet here and there the slacking is deplorable and wasteful. was utilizing the free preliminary and made an introduction. I invested a ton of energy and exertion on this introduction. A couple of hours in the wake of making alters to it, the application would show a clear screen or give a blunder at whatever point I attempted to open it, download it, or make a duplicate (both on my telephone and on the entirety of the gadgets and programs I attempted). I connected with client care about this matter on Sunday night. It is currently Wednesday evening and nothing has been finished. They continue to give me the very conventional messages that they're chipping away at it and will tell me when it's fixed. I inquired as to whether they could in any event give me a pdf duplicate of my introduction so I can move it to PowerPoint and keep dealing with it, they won't ever reach.

Isabela

Canva, the most practical solution for creating and editing your designs

I have been using Canva for several years. As I said, it has always been a very important tool for the execution of my work, although I do not work directly with Graphic Design. Over the years, I can say that my design skills have even been improved, because the application helps me to develop my creativity on a daily basis, either by changing the layout of a blog or even creating posts and stories for social networks. So, despite having some limitations, I believe that Canva is still the best and most useful Design application.

Pros

What I like most about Canva, especially in the most current version, is the fact that the application is very intuitive. In the new version, all features are separated by tabs - or, if the user prefers, he can click on a button and they all appear instantly. What I liked most about this version is the possibility to create videos / animations from images, besides being able to create animated stories for Instagram and even include music! In short, Canva remains my greatest ally at work, due to its versatility and ability to include new functions, making work more agile and efficient.

Cons

In contrast, what I like least about Canva is the fact that some of its features are still blocked (shapes and frames, for example), and you have to pay to unlock them. In the current version, all songs are still blocked. Another point that I consider negative is the fact that the cell phone is very slow - I believe that this happens due to the large volume of functions. In addition, all created designs are saved in the application, even when they go to the Recycle Bin, contributing to the device being slow and some jobs are delayed. To improve the performance of the application, I would recommend allowing at least some functions such as simpler shapes and borders (and even some music) to be included in the design for free.

Steve

If You're Thinking About Using Canva - Just Do It! It's Amazing!

Im sure I could go on and on about Canva, heck, I even listed some more positive notes about Canva in the Cons section. But ultimately for me it comes down to the fact that I don't have to sacrifice any quality in my work or flexibility in my deliverables and exports when using Canva. Yet I gain so much time using it and when it comes to professional graphic design thats everything. One project in particular I recently worked on was a series of short videos for ads for a client and the turnaround on those ads was crazy. If I had to make those videos in any other video editing software it would have taken 5 times as long and I probably wouldn't have met the deadlines. However because Canva has made everything so easy to use I was able to crank out videos so quickly and make edits so quickly without compromising quality. And that was HUGE.

Pros

I honestly have so many "pros" about Canva that I truly don't know where to start. I have been doing graphic design for 15 years now for all types of businesses and all sorts of projects from print to advertising and I typically use the Adobe software options but for the past 2 years Canva has covered just about 98% percent of what I've needed to do. Here are a few highlights that I love, - The templates for sizing on different platforms such as Facebook headers has become indispensable for me - The huge library of stock material that is SO quick and easy to access - They are now including video options - The content/templates/etc. is all very high quality and up to date - They have awesome "moving photos" for social posts. - The way you can resize a design for multiple export options is amazing. I often find myself wanting that in Adobe products. I could keep going. The resizing feature alone was enough for me to use the pro version but everything about Canva is top notch and I always find new things they have added to the platform that make life for a designer so much easier. It is a go-to platform for me and my team.

Cons

I really don't have much negative to say about Canva. The only thing I can really say negatively about it is the file organization. I wish that was better, however, I may be doing it wrong and there may be a better way. Other than that I honestly have no criticisms about Canva. I mentioned in the "pro's" section that it covers 98% of my designing needs and that last 2% I honestly never expect a product such as Canva to cover because that last 2% for me is the more extreme in depth edits that Photoshop or Illustrator provide and honestly I am 100% okay with that. It does mean I need both platforms to fully do my job but its worth it because Canva has saved me so much time.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Canva increased my productivity by 10 fold without compromising quality.

Melody Kay

Solid design tool that keeps on getting better!

We are able to VERY QUICKLY churn out designs for our organisation, which has saved a lot of time and effort. Canva is a MUST-USE tool for anyone involved in social media marketing or online communities!

Pros

Canva is so easy to use, and even easy to "teach" to other users in our organization. Because we are on a Canva Pro account, we're also able to easily store brand colors, logos, etc. The best feature though is the free access to thousands of free high-quality images, which saves us a lot of time. It's so great that Canva listens to their users and keeps on getting better! They recently introduced a background remover, photo effects, and text effects - which are all just so useful! I'd honestly rather use Canva most times over other more complex tools. I also personally raised a suggestion in a Canva users group for them to bunch fonts together depending on style, and they did it! What a great team!

Cons

It's not so intuitive how workspaces and folders and collaboration works for teams. I sometimes get confused if I'm working on a design that's in my personal workspace or if it's something others see. The app version is also a bit tough to work with.

Reasons for switching to Canva

Photoshop is more costly. Canva was also pretty lightweight and newbie-friendly.

Lee

The Best Online Graphic Design Platform

I really enjoy using Canva for creating marketing campaigns for my business, and I use it to create Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest pictures and I also, use it to create video stories for social media using the templates in Canva. After all, Canva is a very helpful tool especially if someone doesn't have Graphic Design experience like myself. I hope they will keep doing a great job and add more features and templates to this Amazing platform.

Pros

I like it because it's very easy to use and It allows me to designs anything in my mind and it only takes a few seconds from start to finish especially with all the useful elements Canva provides. I like the Image Library because I'm allowed to find whatever I'm looking for there with just a few clicks I'm able to find high-quality images. I'm using it for creating marketing campaigns for my business and I really like all the social media templates especially for Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest...etc. I really enjoy video editing especially for Instagram stories and I don't need any super video editing knowledge because with Canva everything is easy and I can create cool videos using the templates they offer. I also, like the Amazing fonts Canva has, and I can find any font I like because they have hundreds of them, and they all are modern fonts. I like the commercial use agreement because I'm able to use all the elements and Images without any problem thanks to Canva for allowing millions of users and me to have the right to use everything with full commercial rights. Canva is one of the best Graphic Design tools and I really like using it because It's an online platform and you don't need a high-performance computer to use it like other Software. It's an all-in-one tool and it's very helpful especially for those who don't have any Graphic Design knowledge. I like the new features they added recently for example like the curved font style and it's a very helpful option.

Cons

I hope they will give us more features in Canva android app. I hope they can add some options like removing the background from Images, Convert Images, Stroke for fonts, Erase Tool, Pin Tool...etc. I hope they can add a section where we can see the elements we have in the projects. I hope they will add more templates especially for social media (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest) in the future. But, after all, Canva Team is doing a great job, especially with the last updates.

Muhammad Zubair

Industry: Computer Hardware

Canva - A Comprehensive App for Creative Designs

We have been using Canva mostly for presentations, social media content, and logo designing. Our move to Canva has greatly reduced the costs and time we spent on mainstream designing software and hiring of experts. Although, Canva is an amazing app when it comes to ready-made designing, there are still many limitations that we feel will be taken care of in the future. Other than video editing, presentations, and some other unavailable options, we are happy with Canva for providing our clients with great content in their budget and timelines.

Pros

Canva is one of the most popular web apps available for professional designing solutions online for business and social media content builders. It provides comprehensive and packaged tools that require no prior experience or learning to start working in Canva, the app is well balanced for professionals and amateurs equally. Below are some of the advantages I have personally experienced using Canva: - Canva has a well-organized editing platform, which provides basic editing tools and easy navigation. - Plethora of professional looking templates to choose from to create marketing material, social media content, logos, videos, presentations, resumes, websites, and much more. - Free to use images, audios, and videos with relevance to your project. - Every template is customizable according to your project's requirements - The Elements tab can help you create your attractive designs by using various pre-built shapes and objects. - I found it great for making YouTube Intros and Outros. - Every bit of your work is saved automatically online, hence no worry of losing any work progress. - Plenty of Cloud storage according to your plan for storage of videos and images. - For better project collaboration, you can add team members from within your organization or any person you want to work with in real time workflow environment. - Good cost savings, since hiring an expert designer and buying media content cost you a lot of money.

Cons

- You cannot edit or modify images, pre-built elements, videos, and other stuff provided by Canva due to copyright restrictions, but you can still resize, rotate and change colors of provided objects. - You cannot use transition or animation effects on a single object, unfortunately, any effect you select applies to the whole page. - Only a single audio track can be used for the entire project, this deficiency in Canva editing platform greatly affects the creation of dynamic content such as presentations and videos. - There are no tools for drawing in Canva such as pens and brushes, this feature is very important for logo design tasks.

Reasons for switching to Canva

We switched to Canva to save our time and cost on additional software, as Canva came with bundles of designing tools and options, which solved our problems of repeated hiring of designers and paying for software updates.

Yvonne

An absolute lifesaver!

I have never had a bad experience with Canva. They are only improving their software every day. In fact, lately, it seems like they add new features monthly! I use Canva for social media graphics, ads, social videos, GIFs, and posters.

Pros

I'm a one-man show in many of my marketing projects for my clients and Canva has saved my life so many times! I've never been trained in photo or graphic editing software but Canva makes it easy to make high-quality graphics that are perfect for advertising, social media, and more. In fact, I've even designed multi-page, high-quality PDFs for my clients that are perfect for print and production. This software has saved me thousands of dollars from designers and countless work hours. They're also always making updates which are even better. They have included new services, effects, and styles to make your graphics look like they were designed by a professional.

Cons

I think it could offer a bit more word/text/background effects. It's not perfect. There are many things you can't do in Canva that require Procreate/Photoshop or another service. Otherwise, I love Canva!

Reasons for choosing Canva

Cost and ease. Canva is so easy to use!

Heather

Great product for social media marketing!

Great experience! I love the various layouts available for business to play around with in order to create the best layout! Five stars, hands down!

Pros

This product is great for customizing social media marketing strategies. It’s a platform that allows you to be as creative as you want. There are great layouts as well as options to create the layouts you would want. Great for beginners who need assistance with layout ideas. Great customization options!

Cons

There wasn’t anything particular that I found least exciting. Overall Canva is great. No dissatisfaction thus far.

Reasons for choosing Canva

Canva is a great product that provides Ariosto layouts for creation. Easy to use as well!

Reasons for switching to Canva

It wasn’t necessarily a switch, however, Adobe Spark was the primary source of creating social media ads we used at first. Canva is now used cohesively with Adobe Spark.

Showing 1 - 25 of 9,472 reviews