All epocrates Reviews

Great resource!

I have used Epocrates for at least 10 years. I use it multiple times every day to check doses, combination products, side effects and medication interactions. I find it extremely useful.

PROS

Can access it from my phone in the exam room very easily. All my medical calculators are easily accessible. I also use it as my infectious disease resource- I can look up a infection and find the latest recommendations. The meds also include pill pictures which I have used to ask a patient to identify what strength med they are on or if it is scored. It also includes some herbal medications which is useful for checking medication interactions( you can put all your medications in a list and it will list all the interaction).

CONS

The cost is not cheap but it is worth it.

Tarek

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2017

I am using epocrates Plus for many years in my daily rounds, on my clinic.It is of great help to me

Quick and accurate information about any drugs Updates about any new drugs Drug interaction done at any time Search providers Full information about diseases Alternative medicines Identify Pilles Medical calculators which include many important tools Save a lot of time and effort to have any medical information Full lab guide that is needed to revise and check in my daily patient assessment You will get medical news updated on daily base Many additional useful tools as tables, guidelines, picture quiz, ICD-10 Differential diagnosis of common medical conditions The program is in continuous development with many good features added. You can even send your feedback to the company You can easily get health care insurance formularies for drug coverage information Revise any drug before prescription

PROS

I have a good experience with the use of epocrates medical application. It has many features that are of great help for any physician You can get full information about any drug you need Continuous updates so that you don't miss any new medications or information Differential diagnosis of common medical conditions You can check for any drug interactions which will help you and save your time The built in calculator allows you to perform many calculations, such as BMI and GFR The epocrates plus subscription will help you to have full information about Diseases, alternative medications, lab guides and more clinical tools. I am using it since long time and i get all information i need in an easy and quick way Ina diition, there are many useful features as Pill identify, continuous updated medical news delivered directly to your device and search providers for consultants The program also includes health care insurance formularies which help you to get drug coverage information Start with the free version now and see how much it will help you. You can also try the plus version and test all its features. Then consider subscription to have a full medical reference

CONS

Only minor Cons can be found in this software To get many information you need internet connection Sometimes the update takes long time The epocrates plus app is relatively expensive

Lisa

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

be careful. Money was debit from my account and they cancelled my prescription

No live person to resolve disputes. Took money out of my account and I did not receive the product.

PROS

Use is nice but I did not get product. I paid for it, money was taken from my account, but NO product.

CONS

Money was taken from my account by direct debit and I did not get the product. No live person to talk to.

Katie

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2020

I use this resource daily in my practice

I use this resource on a daily basis as a Physician Assistant in my clinic. I use it so much, in fact, that I keep the 'drugs' and 'weight based dose calculator' tabs pinned on my browser so I can access them at any time, and I use them several times each shift. It saves me a lot of time and work to use it. Love it!!

PROS

I love using the dosage calculator to figure out pediatric dosing. I use this on every single pediatric patient that I see that I prescribe medicine to. It is easy to fill in the child's weight information about the medication, and then it spits out the correct dosage for the child. It really makes life so much easier than trying to calculate it on my own. I also use it pretty frequently to see dosage suggestions for people of all ages for different medications. I also love the feature of looking up a medication's safety profile for pregnancy and lactation. I also use the adverse reactions tab for the medicines occasionally to know what to warn patients about. I also LOVE the interaction checker. You can put the different medications in there to see which ones will interact with each other and how. This has been a super handy resource to have!

CONS

The only thing that has annoyed me about this is that sometimes I'll get booted out in the middle of using it and have to sign back in. It sometimes takes 2-3 times clicking on the sign-in button to sign back in. Then it will keep me logged in for awhile, and eventually boot me out again.

Kalin

Hospital & Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2020

Game-changer for Healthcare Providers

This is an extensive resource that I would recommend to any healthcare provider. It provides access to diagnostic information and treatment recommendations. In addition, the phone app is well-made and convenient to carry for any provider.

PROS

This software is an amazing resource for healthcare providers. It provides a detailed database of diagnoses, treatment options, pharmaceutical information, and so much more. I am currently a PA student, and I have used this software on a regular basis to find information on case studies from school. I am able to search symptoms, conditions, medicines, and conditions associated with disease to find an extensive amount of information related to every case. While this does not replace needing to know information as a healthcare provider, it is a fast reference guide for staying up to date on the most recent research and treatment recommendations. I will be a long-time user of this resource.

CONS

There is a small learning curve with the software due to its expansive nature. There is so much information present that it may take a user some time to figure everything out. As a user for more than a year, I am still not sure that I understand how to use all of the features of the software. In addition, to access all of the utility of the software, there is a yearly fee. This fee is worth the price in my opinion, however.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed July 2019

This is a great resource for any medical practitioner

Excellent and has really changed my medical practice

PROS

This software allows you to access thousands of drugs in a moment and then allows you to look up dosing, interactions, and common side effects to name a few main features. As a medical student, I find this essential to everyday use on the ward floor and in clinic. A must have.

CONS

There seriously aren’t many things to put in this category, but honestly the worst thing is that it almost has too much information and can make accessing what you actually need a little bit hard.

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2018

indispensable tool for all health practitioners

I use it almost every day. It is a very practical tool for my profession. It is not easy to remember so many things in detail.

PROS

The possibility of taking it on your cell phone, tablet to the patient's bedside. Extensive data base of drugs, and its application of verification of interaction is very useful for the indication of medicines of infrequent use

CONS

As a disadvantage only the unavailability in another language such as Spanish. It would improve the signaling on the web page to log in, it is not easy to visualize.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Epocrates is a Versatile App for Medications

My overall experience has been effective and positive. I am able to look up medications and screen for interactions with ease.

PROS

The software is reliable and very well-designed. The drug finders and interaction calculator is efficient and effective.

CONS

Sometimes the medications are not completely presented in the best fashion. But overall, it is functional enough to be useful on the ward.

Reviewed May 2018

Essential to my daily practice of medicine.

Keeps me up to date on medications

PROS

Easy to use. I've been using it for the past 15 years. Updates all the time. Excellent resource for anyone in a medical practice.

CONS

Some features not available unless you pay for a subscription. Very useful otherwise. Would pay for it if they gave a discount to providers.

Yohan Andrés

Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2018

Easy tool from the doctor to the patient

Information, and I think is the best benefit I get from this software, is the best in the medical area.

PROS

I'm a med student, currently I spend most of them time at hospital and when I need specific information this app is the best of all, the search mode is easier than you think and the patient can get total access and help to understand about medications, illness, symptoms and more, this is the best medical app I know.

CONS

Some features are not available if you don't get a subscription, but I also think it worth you get the subscription, generally I don't have any complain about this app.

Kit Yue

Mental Health Care, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

Wonderful product

I use Epocrates everyday, and have done so for over 10 years. I can't imagine practicing medicine without it!

PROS

Comprehensive medication resource, with many medical calculators, medication interaction tool, treatment guidelines, ICD-10 codes, Pill-ID tool, and alternative and herbal meds.

CONS

It's a little pricey, but otherwise no complaints.

Reanna

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Great free app

I am a fourth-year pharmacy student and have utilized this app numerous times on my rotations to help solve problems or answer questions quickly and with ease. It is such a great resource.

PROS

This app has a free version that provides a wealth of information when you are in a pinch. My favorite part is the tablet ID function. There have been so many times when patients call and ask what a certain tablet is, and this app makes answering these types of questions super easy.

CONS

Honestly, not much to complain about. You can search for guidelines right within this app, you can do drug interaction checks, tablet identification, medical equations (crcl). It is a one-stop-shop right at your fingertips with information that is updated on a regular basis. The best part of all, it's free. I can't say enough good things about this app.

Christine

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2017

The gold standard for medication information

I have used this since it was first launched in the early 1990s, on a Palm Pilot. Over the years, they have made progressive upgrades, both as technology has changed and to meet user requests/needs. The periodic short pieces about recent research, the picture quiz poll, FDA alerts, etc. are very helpful, but do not interfere with your ability to get to the necessary content. They have finally added the class of drug in the individual monographs -- it now shows up under the main monograph header and under the Pharmacology section.

PROS

Easy to use, regular updates (new medications, new indications, new alerts)

CONS

Nothing -- they have resolved the issues I used to complain about (mostly, it was that you had to be at the desktop to update)

Waleed

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2018

A wonderful tool if there was no medscape

I always have it in my cell but i rarely need it since i have it’s big brother too.

PROS

It has some of the most basic tools and data that doctors need. For example it has drug interaction checker, it also has infomration about drugs available for free and some medical calculators. It has FREE app availalbe for mobile devices. I have never seen any ads so it is completley free in that sense, compared to medscape which does show some ads.

CONS

The tools and resources are tooo limited compared to medscape. In fact it appears like a light version of medscape which is also available for free.

danielle

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2019

Great resource!

An amazing resource for clinical information that can save you from making errors in your practice because it makes it so easy to double check yourself.

PROS

I love Epocrates, there are so many great features and I have absolute confidence using it to get information as an advanced practice nursing student and in my current position as a staff RN, because I know it has the most up to date information.

CONS

The only downside is the cost is a bit high and even with that there are still ads to deal with.

Reviewed July 2018

Epocrates is very helpful in medical practice. It enabled me have access to quick references.

PROS

I like the easy access to drug indications, interactions, dosages. I also enjoyed the articles that come in as well.

CONS

Just some bugs that make pages take so long to load. Also i would prefer if there was a way to stream line the kind of articles one recieves on the app.

Audrey

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Epocrates

PROS

I use the drug calculator daily to help with my infusions, it is so easy to use!

CONS

I can honestly say there is not anything that I did not like about this app.

Reviewed August 2019

Great resource for healthcare workers

PROS

I like that it is a simple app, easy to search and find what you are looking for. Great to have all of that in your back pocket and easier than looking up drugs in a huge textbook and not always finding what you're looking for.

CONS

I found that sometimes it didn't have exactly the answers I was looking for but still use it regularly because its so easy.