• Pros

• "Easy to use and friendly, helpful support. More features are being added to the software, and I'm always keen to see what else the software can do."

• "It is so easy to use. I initially tried using power BI and that was so frustrating so I searched and found holistics. I'm glad I did."

• "Automation on the report to be send at particular time."

• Cons

• "I think SQL template is what I like least about this software. The purpose of the function was great but it is quite hard to get used to use."

• "Not a lot of bad things to say, otherwise we wouldn't be subscribed to them. "

• "- Not easy to learn and get started - Require SQL Knowledge - ETL is helpful but still a bit hard to use"

Browse Holistics Reviews

Amrt from Homage Co. Pte. Ltd.

Great ease-of-use and customer centricity

We have been able to scale operational reporting and decision making because of Holistics

Pros

Easy to setup Support for MongoDB SQL based dashboarding Granular access permission

Cons

NA

Reasons for Choosing Holistics

Most products offered similar functionality but Holistics stood apart because of 3 reasons 1\ Ease of setup 2\ Support for MongoDB 3\ SQL based dashboarding

Matt from BODIS

Best BI Software on the Market

Great experience overall. Has helped our business a lot. We thought their customer support would be a problem since they are ona different time zone in Asia, but they have pleasantly surprised us with very in depth and responsive answers.

Pros

Features/functionality. We've tested about a dozen or so BI softwares until we finally ended up on Holistics. One of the major pros of Holistics is the features/functionality that some of the other companies do not support or they just have it implemented entirely different (in ways that just don't make as much sense). Also, their new data modeling functionality seems far better than the overly complicated data modeling layer at Looker (another company we considered).

Cons

Not a lot of bad things to say, otherwise we wouldn't be subscribed to them.

Reasons for Choosing Holistics

They offered everything the other products offered (combined), and more. And on top of that, at a lower price point.

Emailing Feature

We have built an app for Construction domain. So they are overall paper-based industry. the CEO who sits in HO, has no visibility of what is happening in different sites. Now with this dashboard, their 60% of work is automated and it has 100% visibility and tracking is effective. Now mistakes are reduced, project is on track. One email every mrng gives PM a large pic of his project

Pros

1. The best feature is of this software is, scheduling the automatic email, which is the number 1 request from all our customers. If one day holistics email stops, our customers will question us. 2. Email feature gives the Top management like CEO, PM's, Director the overall view of what is happening at their project. 3. Best is Dashboard Emailing - 200% benefit, Even microsoft Power BI doesnot have this feature, so you guys beat Power BI in this aspect. Kudos. 4. Cant imagine a day without your software.

Cons

1. The major drawback is Drilldown feature not available like Power BI 2. Creating Timeseries filters, dropdown takes more time in holistics. Which needs improvements. 3. Very less interactive. 4. When emailed large dashboard with wider bar graph, few bar lines in that gets shrinked and creates confusion for users. It would be much better if you could address this better.

Rodrigo from GamerLive Chile

After trying *all* online B.I solutions, Holistics.io best cost-effective solution that met our reqs

With Holistics now we are able to track the important metrics to our business on the cloud at an affordable price for our startup. When we started looking for B.I solutions we thought that these services average pricing would make them available only to mid and large companies, and other cheaper services would not meet the minimum requirements that we were looking for. Holistics was the best price/quality option we found after testing at least 6 B.I services.

Pros

Holistics allowed us to connect our ERP database directly to get near-realtime vision on the most important business KPIs to see how we can keep growing our company. We've tried almost 6 online B.I solutions and Holistics was the one that allowed our startup to have a cost-effective dashboard with fully feature graphs and tools that even if we had more money to spend, we would still keep using Holistics as it has everything we need. Another specific feature that we liked is that we are able to make a share-able URL to our dashboard so we can show to our shareholders how things are going quite easily. While configuring the first dashboard months ago we noted some visual glitches at a feature. We sent an e-mail reporting the situation and they solved it pretty fast, so the support is pretty nice as well.

Cons

As we are not going to see the dashboards every day, it's important for us to keep track of each day indicators. We found interesting to use the scheduled email export feature which send us a report of the dashboard every day. The e-mail shows the indicators clearly and also attaches some spreadsheets from the reports. We think it could get even better if we could also get attached a PDF version of the dashboard with the same layout as the one we configured at Holistics site.

Evonne from Fave Malaysia

Great support team, buggy report filters during creation

Pros

1. Super fast and responsive support team!! Thank you so much team. Your support has been a huge role 2. Able to request for customized features 3. Able to schedule emails to be sent automatically however many we want. There are platforms out there that has this feature but they only allow to send 1 email or push per day to reduce congestion

Cons

1. Visualization can be improved. A lot of times they charts are congested and could be more responsive. Eg. Toggles that can adjust the charts instead of reloading the whole report again to get a subset of the data. 2. Creating reports with that tiny frame is a little tough at times when you want to view more of the codes in one screen. Ended up have to scroll a lot 3. Low user customizing-ability. Admin have to create reports and maintain the reports very thoroughly. If users can drag and drop to adjust things themselves, then admin can concentrate more on bringing better value rather than maintaining the reports according to every different users' demand. 4. Report format is quite unreadable in email

Ridhwan from Grab

Holistics is useful esp in my role.

Pros

The number of reports available or can be created is very useful. On a less peak day, the report can be extracted and dowloaded quite fast.

Cons

The long queue when extracting reports can sometimes be a drag especially during peak usage. Sometimes when the report is generated, it takes long for it to be ready for download.

I have not compared Holistics with other tools but so far it doesn't seem like I need to.

Pros

I love the filters, email schedules and the data imports. The fact that those are pretty useful and sort of painless to use to me is great. But most of what I like is the support and constant improvements made to the product! (love that new years animation in the menu bar too). Looking forward to more innovations hopefully some simple machine learning implementations that can help us clean and visualize data

Cons

People in my organization tend to export a report and do pivots and simple excel-like things to the data which I find to be very counter-productive so maybe introducing a feature to sort that out would be helpful. I wish it had a more Google Drive sharing and viewing system, right now if I give access to a report, to a particular user, that user also sees the folder in which that report lies which is not really cool, they also don't have the ability to manage their reports much. Nothing else I can think of off the top of my head.

Grace from 99.co

Amazing product

We used Holistics for mostly for adhoc queries to scheduled reports. Compared to competitors, the value is unbeatable.

Pros

The team behind Holistics was very responsive to our requests for features. Linking to and ingesting from various data sources was easy. Reports could be scheduled and delivered via email.

Cons

There was very little to not like about Holistics. The team was quick to respond to feature requests or bug reports.

Xing from Aurora Health

Industry: Mental Health Care

The best value for a BI analytics platform I have encountered yet

Awesome experience and great team. Once more companies learn about Holistics, they will being taking a huge chuck of the share from the big players in the market for sure.

Pros

I love the product. Reports are simple to create. The Metrics over time are a great feature and reduces need for complex date joins. I use scheduled report emails for alerting. Slack integration. The support is phenomenal-- one of the best support teams I have encountered in dealing with countless software platforms.

Cons

Potentially could get pricey for large orgs who might require over 6000 reports?

Changhyun from VCNC

Great BI Platform with reasonable price and continuous development

Pros

Holistics help us reduce time from data to business intelligence. Easily connect with our data warehouse, write SQL, set visualization settings and finished! And also it offers great "push" functionalities (slack, email, google sheet, etc) therefore our team can naturally react to our data.

Cons

There is room for further improvement in geospatial related features.

Yong Xiang from Oddle

One of the best BI tools for both data team and end-users

Pros

Holistics makes it easy for data team to create and manage different dashboards and reports, with query templates to make it easier to maintain the SQL query codes across different reports. Having an ETL option makes it a big plus to have a full-stack solution. One constant surprise that Holistics always give is that the features developed by the team is always on-point, and what we really wanted. The support team is responsive even on weekends. Keep up the good work! Most BI tools have the end-users in mind and often is a nightmare for the data team to create and manage the different dashboards and reports. We were on RJMetrics and tried to look through other solutions like Lookr, Mode, and none of the alternatives were better than RJ Metrics. Decision to go ahead with Holistics was made within 10 mins. It offers

Cons

The UI of the dashboard is not as good as the other BI tools. While the metrics dashboard is a good ideal, not allowing query templates to work in metrics dashboard makes it not possible to use it as our daily dashboard.

Chad from Trade Exchange

Industry: Investment Management

Amazing analytics platform

I love how easy it was to hook up my azure database and run reports. I can also schedule email reports to be sent to whoever I want.

Pros

Cons

Nothing that I needed wasn't there. I'm sure it's not as comprehensive as Power BI but it has everything I need.

Aryo from Kata.ai

Easy to use & powerful tools for analytics

We can build custom report easily without having to think how we translate it into visualization.

Pros

The products is easy to use. Basically it has a standard query builder, and from the result we can build the visualizatio as we like. And the interesting part, we can build one query and reuse based on filter templates

Cons

I can say the access time, sometimes its depend on the internet access but also when all user access dashboard at the same time we need to wait a bit longer to show the report

Lara from Information Technology and Services

Awesome BI tool with high versatility and best customer support!

Working with big data has never been easier! With Holistics, one can track and get updated on the most important metrics for the business!

Pros

Able to build reports, do data preparation, schedule emails, etc. with so much ease! UI is extremely intuitive, features are dynamic, and data transform is beyond useful! Support team is outstandingly engaging and resourceful, always quick to provide resolutions to every question, issue, or request for a new feature.

Cons

Loading and extracting a heavy query can take longer than expected, causing inconvenience to the business users, especially during peak usage.

Tri from AhaMove

Good fit for startups and Great experience overall

A good segway between Tableu (user oriented product) and Mode Analytics (developer oriented product).

Pros

- UI is fairly intuitive - Dynamic filter functions - Support team is local and quick to engage and solve tailor issues - Good inventory of charts - Data Transform/Query Template is good for Query Management but requires a lot of training and time investment in the beginning

Cons

- Design still feels very clumsy at times (e.g. funnel chart compared to metabase funnel chart) - There are still bugs to be fixed - Data Transform/Query Template is good for Query Management but requires a lot of training and time investment in the beginning

Harris from CatchThatBus

Great tool for automating and scheduling reports, it really helped my team to be more efficient!

Better time management thanks to automated report schedules!

Pros

It is has a very user-friendly interface, a ton of highly customizable report objects, dashboards, and e-mail schedules,

Cons

Unable to modify report on mobile phone browser. Our tight work schedule requires me to multi-task and sometimes I find myself having to find things out only possible by writing ad-hoc queries. This is currently solved by remotely accessing a colleague's PC to use Holistics.

Great Tool for analysis

Pros

The filter and Explore result function of Holistics is the solution for our direction. We are also able to achieve our goal, reducing business hours, by utilizing the Email Schedule feature to automate our weekly reports that were manual.

Tien from TCH

Everything is ok. Sometime I have trouble to use this software (about UI and Functionality )

Pros

It's easy to use. Support team always ready once we need. This software supports multiple data source, it helps a lots for data engineer

Cons

UI suddenly changes without announcement, our user is confused and complained about that to us. I don't like the way charging for filter. All filters are charged even though they are shared filter.

Stephani Marcelli from Traveloka Indonesia

I like to submit feedback on features and this is responded to and followed up by Holistics Support.

Pros

- Holistics Support is very responsive. - Holistics always make improvements of its features and transparent about the roadmap to its customers - Holistics is the ultimate BI Tools that provides email reporting schedule feature.

Cons

- Loading query is still relatively longer than other BI tools. - Holistics UX less attractive/eye-catching

Sarawut from Grabtaxi (Thailand) Co.,Ltd.

Convenient and easy to use.

Pros

Grouping the topic of the report into categories. It's easy to find and use. And can be marked as favorites for frequently used items.

Cons

Downloading reports sometimes takes a long time to wait for reports to be processed. And there may be occasional interruptions in case there are multiple users simultaneously.

Hanh from Grab

Support data for topup, promo reimburse, cashout request, incentive payment ...meet dealine

Topup and settle to driver in time

Pros

very useful for user, there are many kind of data to analytics, support reports for the job. Can check for updates to standard Gamma or not, cross-check, adjust and update.

Cons

always meet issue, for example: not full figures, cannot download data, data empty, export slowly...

Daphne from Unixus Solutions Sdn Bhd

Excellent Customer Support

Pros

Cons

Drill-down reports are still not very easy to be implemented. Perhaps there could be more automation in setting up similar email reports to different recipients.

Enrique from Noddus

Very solid product with all the BI capabilities an analyst would need.

Pros

A product team that is always willing to listen to customer needs so that you can get the most out of the product.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like. The entire product is very well designed from the bottom up & that translates into a great user experience.

Worth Considering!

Pros

The positioning of Holistics among other BI tools are very unique hence complement the needs of Holistics even though we are already equipped with other more well known BI software. Using Holistics has been made very intiuitive especially for data analyst / engineer that already has familiarity with writing sql code. We very much like the ability of Holistics in performing ETL job and its scheduling ability. Last but not least, their heartfull customer service practice and and their proactive approach in taking feedback from customers are the one true quality that set them apart from the others.

Cons

The pricing scheme can get a bit tricky which can be very costly on some use case.

Thong from e27 (Optimatic)

Powerful Cloud BI Platform

Automating Reporting Process and Really Flexible in Reporting

Pros

- Powerful and Feature-Rich - Can do ETL inside a BI Tool - Automate Reporting Process - Great and responsive Support Team - Clear Product Roadmap

Phien from Triip.me

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Lean and effective

Save time to create and share reports/dashboards

Pros

Save time to create and share reports and dashboards Slack notification is helpful to keep the team up to date Nice & Fast customer support

Cons

Still some bugs in mobile view Need user to know basic SQL to create reports, otherwise, they can just view reports

Azhar from Naimi.kz

Industry: Program Development

It is a great tool to use for visualization data

Pros

1. user friendly interface 2. really help for our bussiness needs (I checked and tried all of this kind of services) 3. good price 3. CS is great and fast

Cons

Not as fast as one would like, often there is a warning "This page does not respond" and I have to wait

Margot from University of California San Diego

A business intelligence solution for all our data needs

Pros

Highly useful tool when we need to transform, import, prepare, or load data from our database because it helped us save a lot of time and resources when we no longer needed to code to do this. Setting up automation can be done with great ease, and the user interface is user-friendly with very dynamic features. Their customer support team is very responsive to all questions and requests, and are highly engaging and professional.

Cons

Currently doesn’t support Python, only SQL. We hope it will at some point in the future though. It is a very promising solution though.

Anzer from Reddoorz

Awesome handy, and beautiful reports

Pros

Reports Structure and Data preparation/ import module, doing this it is very handy to create ETLs for different data sources and develop a business intelligence database.

Cons

query editor and fetching its results functionality. Query editor history takes too much time to reload history, Most probable reason in my opinion is, it is fetching past query and past query result for all which is not required at all. the reason i am pointing out this is being a hardcore SQL writer it is taking too long to fetch my query and my query result, You should only fetch past queries.

Beni from Aptaworks

A real modern BI platform

Gives my team and i a lot of fun. Familiarity with sql being the key requirements is a big help.

Pros

Integrated environment, seamless process and fuss-free deployment. Connects fluently with modern data infrastructure, letting the user gets to the result fast.

Cons

Of course, being new, some features are missing. But, definitely not a showstopper.

Reasons for Choosing Holistics

Modern architecture. Easy poc and quick to deliver.

Thang from Beeketing

It is a good solution for data transformation and loading. It can be automated at ease.

It helps us a lot in transforming and loading the data.

Pros

I like most about transformation and import feature. It saved us a lot of time when in the past we have to code to solve this problem.

Cons

Analyze feature, Holistics only supports SQL for analyzing. When comparing to Mode Analytic, it does not support Python. I hope that Holistics will have it the future. And when we run a query, a progress bar would make user feel that their query runs faster.

sweekar from Falconbrick technologies

Great saas online product to build awesome analytics with very nice charts and graphs.

Pros

Online no need to download any client good customer support team Very nice interface to write sql queries good visualisation engine. email scheduling inbuilt. cache supported good innovative pricing model Easy to embed into personal websites

Cons

Not enough charting and graphing widgets, not enough customisation of chart elements No tabular support

Wai Kit from Fave

Awesome customer support but lack of features

Pros

- Able to build reports through SQL query. - Enjoy using reusable SQL components. - Quick Pivot can come useful.

Cons

- Not as user friendly and lack of features compared to its competitor (example: Tebleau) - Lack of features for its user management. (example: password expiry feature) - "Data Manager" is not user friendly. Slows down if you have too many schemas.

Sergei from CNNCT

Requires skill but allowes to make magic with your data

Graphing and working with realtime data

Pros

Ability to manipulate data in any possible way Good graphs Easy integration with redshift platform

Cons

Hard to learn Queries (either adhoc or being edited as a part of report) are slow - 10 seconds per iteration in average. Bad for writing complex queries (and typical one is complex)

Tuyen from urSmiles

Been using Holistics for about 2 months. Save a lot of times doing my job at business

Pros

- Flexible, easy to use - Customer supports fast and friendly - New features roll out quickly, most of them are useful

Cons

- New bugs suddenly appear (seems like devs update in working hour) - Lack of visualizations and visualizations' advance configure

Insan from Qoala

Goods experience with Holistics

So far we are happy working with Holistics, our mission as data team is to build data driven culture in Qoala. Hopefully can be achieved by using holistics

Pros

it doesnt need any integration, and easy to use

Cons

the visualization option is limited, some chart is not available

Automate my reporting

Save my clicking time to send a report.

Pros

Automation on the report to be send at particular time.

Cons

Wish to have R capability, So I could create a graph and automated it to send every day.

Punawit from Grab

Data tools

Pros

Data tools & lot of options available to work with data.

Cons

It is slow sometimes, & the table schemas don't load. Also there should be more google drive integration.

Daniel from DC IT LLC

Its worth it!

Pros

So many different visualizations and customizations you can do.

Cons

There is a strong learning curve. But once you figure it out, you will grow to like it.

Darren from Floship

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Easy and Plesant

Very pleasant have used Holistics to leverage data to solve a variety of problems!

Pros

Was a great platform to learn and apply SQL. Great UI and for the most part it was easy to use.

Cons

Can be expensive when using lots of reports. Documentation on functions. (Would like to show the arguments)

Febriana from Stoqo

Creating Job Scheduler is Easy

Pros

I like the scheduler. We can easily send reports to email/slack with clean format.

Cons

The UI is a bit confusing. Sometime the execution is very slow

zhou from 42Technology Pte Ltd

Great platform for data analysis

Pros

easy to navigate; automation; great support team

Cons

slightly difficult for people without SQL knowledge

Stephanie from Fave Asia Sdn Bhd

Industry: Facilities Services

Good software to use, but time to generate reports are slow

Pros

A lot reports and information are easily available by using this software. There are also many features to create reports based on our needs.

Cons

Time to generate reports are slow and sometime it can take more than 30 minutes to run a report which is time consuming.