Screenful

Screenful Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Excellent UI, easy to understand and get the point across. The Trello Board extensions are also great."
  • icon"Very easy to integrate into JIRA, and seamless and effortless dashboards generation."
  • icon"It's easy to use and provides nice visuals that help my team see where they are at in the sprints. It provides great value for us."
  • icon"The price is ridiculous for what is actually offered. When I gave my feedback on the pricing and how I was using their software, my email was ignored."
  • icon"It has been difficult to explain the lead time screen to all our teams."
  • icon"Few integrations with external tools (not only as data sources but also to show infos - e.g. Slack), few customizations, missing the possibility to teach the software about labels (with Trello)."

All Screenful Reviews

Johnny

Great tool and key to my executive summary reporting.

It summarizes everything for the two projects I report on.

Pros

Love that it gives me a high-level view into our 2 key projects as I report to our CEO. I currently use Screenful as 1 of 12 slides using Ludus (an online presentation tool we use here at Fresh).

Cons

I wish that the connection to status would be a LIVE update. Currently, if I update the status to completed or other, it does NOT currently update in realtime. This is a big issue for my reporting, because I always have to give a caveat that it's not 100% accurate. The second thing that is worth noting is that in Asana we typically use the Kanban project view - which means we don't typically mark tasks as completed (or DONE) - we will usually move them to a column called "Completed". It would be great to have a way to select what DONE means for my project even if it means selecting a given column.

Response from Screenful

Thanks for the review! If you map the "Completed" column to "Done" in the workflow mapping then tasks in that column are considered, there's no need to check them done separately. If you want to make sure that the data is up to date, you can trigger update manually at the Settings->Integrations->Asana.

Replied June 2018

Industry: Utilities

Screenful

In general, the fact that the UX is kind of weird very often. Just modifying a view is almost hidden and it going back often takes you like 2 or 3 steps back instead of the natural 1. Re-ordering screens is extremely time consuming because you can't just edit their names from the re-ordering, you have to like jump between all of them and remember which one was which etc. Creating Sprints, like it disallows stuff that messes up the data. If I set the wrong date I can't just change it, or have a sprint that collides somewhat with another one, like there are all these annoying restrictions blocking you from navigating, and at the very least it should allow you to just get back to where you were which often it doesn't.

Pros

That it lets you track leadtime in a fairly straightforward way. That it constantly updates lacking features and fixes issues fairly often. That it can be connected to Trello. That the base pricing is good. Very pretty Interfaces.

Cons

Editing the plan was a mess and it indirectly ended in us losing all our Sprint data for like 2-3 months. It is very unclear how the data is stored if it is even stored at all. We are always worried about pressing the wrong thing or creating the sprint in the wrong order in order not to lose data. The worst part is that you have to like invent a way to actually use it in order to retain data. An example is how we first copy the sprint board in order to keep the cards before emptying the real list, but now we have like 4-8 copied lists hanging out in our board which we want to move and think should be fine to move, but it is annoying that you even have to worry, and also the fact that we have to do these gymnastics with these lists now, like where should we put them etc. A lot of the later plugins are really cool but they require paid Trello, also using multiple boards requires a more expensive plan. Basically the base price is decent, but as soon as you want a little more it bumps up to the likes of JIRA if not more quite fast. We would love the Epics feature if it could have been used through the cards or labels or something without requiring an extra plugin, also being able to track that leadtime. It is also unclear if Epics leadtime is even a thing even if we commit to paid Trello etc. Also the UI in genereal although

Reasons for choosing Screenful

We were already using Trello and the integration cost of JIRA just seemed too high to be worth it. So we wanted something that could be hooked up to Trello. Screenful had a pretty interface initially and nice Leadtime graphs and the ability to do Sprints, so we figured we'd try it out. We then actually stopped using it for a while and reconsidered JIRA, then after some furlough when we decided to setup Sprints again we saw that you had updated a lot of your features which made us give it another go and so far it has been better, but issues above mentioned still remain. If you keep at it I think it will be good in the end.

Gina

Industry: Textiles

Manager Time Saver

This software saves me so much time at work...I pay for it myself.

Pros

I like that many of the reports save me time from having to record, clear, and trend the data myself. Such a time saver, and the reports make me look lik a rock star in the meetings.

Cons

The analytics are a little buggy, and I wish they were more customizeable with good instructions. Advertise where I can go and learn to be a better user of your product.

Reasons for choosing Screenful

I just saw the APP when I was researching Trello add on's. I thought, "Well, I could use that." The rest is history. I didn't even look at anything else after I had done all the work to figure this one out. Plus via your survey I am now seeing there are other capabilities I am not using and was not aware of.

June 2022

A powerful configurable tool for agile project management

Pros

Screenful provides a wealth of customizable and configurable charts, reports, and dashboards that allow organizations to visualize, analyze, and communicate the key metrics related to agile projects. The Screenful suite provides powerful, understandable visuals and customizable reports. We use it for Trello and together with Trello we have a powerful, scalable, and cost-effective tool suite to manage agile development projects.

Cons

The configuration and licensing can be a little confusing and non-intuitive. Some minor improvements to the user experience for setup and licensing would be helpful. But once the tool is configured, users have powerful flexible tools for agile management.

Reasons for choosing Screenful

We use Trello heavily. We did not want to cut over to Jira for our sprint management, backlog management, and Kanban boards. Screenful allowed us to stay in Trello - the environment our teams are familiar with - and extend Trello with the reporting and analytics tools we needed for powerful agile project management.

Alex

Saves us money on Jira licenses and gives our client stakeholders better insights

It was very easy to set up and pretty much worked out of the box.

Pros

- Saves us money on Jira licenses - Gives our clients stakeholders more meaningful project insights - Real-time data

Cons

- Would be nicer to have a fully customizable product plan vs the preset plans

Reasons for choosing Screenful

It met the price point and functionality without the need for custom development.

Baran

Great product for easy to use

We have been looking for a dashboard for measuring trello card performance for our development team. Screenful has helped us a lot to deploy the reporting very fast and get more insights than we plan to loook for.

Pros

Very easy to get data into right places Gİves you more insight than you plan to see

Cons

Menu browsing between dashboards could be easier.

Reasons for choosing Screenful

Easiness, more insights and very fast to onboard and get information. On top of this additional insights have been provided.

Reasons for switching to Screenful

previous products was very hard to use.

May 2022

Asana integration

Good experience, helpful onboarding call that helped me with the setup and overall good product.

Pros

Very easy to integrate with Asana, allowed me to easily get the data I was after without to much setup

Cons

Lack of customisation (think it is locked behind the paid plans but that was expected.

Reasons for choosing Screenful

Good integration with Asana - our main productivity tool. It included data that I could not get elsewhere (or was a lot of trouble getting elsewhere)

Simone

Smart dashboard for agile teams

Better overview

Pros

Good look & feel (but would be nice to have the possibility to do more customisations - e.g. color palette), smart way of showing data, constantly improved.

Sabrina

Great experience, easy to use

Definitely I got order for all project and visibility

Pros

Templates help me a lot to have all details needed Workspaces to have multiple boards are awesome

Cons

There are no enough colors for labels, this will be useful There is not option to add extra statuses for stories, I will add another to say that the story is in PROD environment

Pragya

Industry: Broadcast Media

awesome dashboards and tracking

We have created a various dashboards for the complete digital squads to reflect and get better. At the same time, Sr Management now can see the detailed insights and can help teams to mitigate any risks or provide the necessary support.

Pros

I liked the milestone and timing views of this reporting, which give quite powerful insights.

Cons

If possible then there should be quick help for some users to understand how to interpret those data, It should be explained with some examples - like what good looks like and what tells us to do better.

Reasons for choosing Screenful

After looking at many jira native plugins or software, i find this to provide the most insightful.

Casey

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Screenful brings powerful and highly visual analytics to Trello

Our organization was interested in optimizing our project management process, and in order to do this, we needed concrete and actionable information about where products were being held up, and why. I approached this problem myself using spreadsheet tools and created a fragile but functional solution which I continuously refined over a period of weeks. Eventually, the problems with this approach outweighed the benefits and we began to search for software solutions to get these analytics. I found Screenful, and within minutes my weeks of work were out the window! Screenful was able to capture exactly what metrics we were interested in, and provided many flexible ways to visualize this information and present it to the decision-makers.

Pros

Integration with Trello was a snap. We were able to get up and running within minutes, and were immediately able to generate reports that answered questions that we had spent weeks trying to analyze ourselves by combing through the raw data generated by Trello. Customer service is exceptional. Shortly after installation, I was contacted by Dmitry from Screenful who was able to guide me (at no cost) on how to more effectively use Screenful, and even gave advice on how I can optimize my organization's use of Trello to get the most out of Screenful's powerful analytics. Screenful's support has been continuous and far above and beyond simply assisting with technical issues.

Cons

I have no complaints about the software itself or the existing features, but more visual ways of looking at the data already presented by Screenful could make a great piece of software even better. I would also be interested in ways to generate complete reports, possibly as a PDF file, from within Screenful.

Response from Screenful

Hi Casey, thanks a lot for the positive review. Happy to hear you were able to save so much time by using our ready made charts. Just wanted to point out that we DO support creation of complete reports and sharing them as PDF files. You can learn more from this online guide: https://screenful.com/guide/scheduling-and-sharing-reports

Replied August 2021

Ben

A fantastic app that fills a crucial need for scrum teams using Trello

A huge part of being a scrum team is being able to utilise a Burndown & track velocity. Trello doesn't give you this functionality and Screenful is a simple, effective plugin that does exactly this. Couldn't use Trello without the Screenful app!

Pros

Clean & stylish interface, easy to get the overview you need in one click. Also nice to customise your dashboard and select which Trello lists to include and exclude etc.

Cons

It would be nice to have a proper 'how to' guide that gives you quick & easy demos of the main features. I found I had to dig around a bit before figuring out how to get the functionality I wanted. It would also be nice to get a bit more reporting functionality on stuff like story points i.e. if we've created a custom field on Trello to measure story points then it would be nice to see points completed per person, per sprint etc.

Will

it can create measurable KPIs from Trello boards with a single click.

Capeterra helps me to discover some alternative apps to meet needs.

Pros

We use Zapier to transfer information from our internal databases to a Trello board. Using Screenful, we measure staff and teams weekly output and monthly lead time. Trello brings about greater visibility, Screenful brings the necessary speed and results focus. As a result we are able to identify our top performers and reward them appropriately. We are very grateful for this product, and wish Screenful much success!

Cons

The cons I list here are all minor. Is can be difficult to set the date range for a data set. If a trello list is renamed the data may double up in the time in state chart It would be nice to have additional sort function for the Task Status chart.

Carlos Vinicius

Excellent tool

More visibility about the tasks of my team. Increase the engagement of my team.

Pros

It's simple to use and the integration with trello.

Cons

Delay in emails notifications and a plan to nonprofit organizations.

This is great for keeping track of orders processed and turnaround

This gives me the opportunity to see where we are as a company and a way for me to check in on turnaround times per employee to make sure that the workload is distributed evenly.

Pros

I love that we get the weekly rundown of projects completed. Would love for it to include that week's average completion time per employee

Cons

I wish it had a count of overdue products so I can see and check in on orders that may need attention and I would love to see a feature that shows me projects that did not move in the queue at all for the week so I know that we may have an expiring order.

Response from Screenful

Thanks for the review! You can see the average completion time per individual in the Timing screen. Just select "7 day average" from the top right menu and click the filter icon to select an individual assignee. For seeing the tasks that are stuck or overdue, check out the Task Status screen. In the chart settings you can choose how to group the data and what to show in the right column (e.g Overdue tasks). You can learn more at https://screenful.com/tour/task-status-screen/

Replied June 2018

Very easy to get up and running, and gives key information which is hard to find in JIRA/Trello

Visibility is key to helping others in our organisation understand what, why and when we're building features into our software products - this helped us achieve that and helped teach our colleagues about how to find out what we're up to .

Pros

Cycle time calculations Simple now and next pages TV mode works really well Customisable, and interactive so serves as a dashboard or analytics Saves so much time in making these metrics visible

Cons

The website is more of an app than a site so it's difficult to link directly to a chart, figure or view - that would be handy for a) sharing and b) ensuring the screen we want appear on our rotation of tabs on our screen.

João Otávio