What are Paylocity users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Paylocity software through verified user reviews

• icon"The software allows easy payment for goods and services. It can be integrated into any website for the purpose of receiving payment."
  • icon"I love that the company is always improving the software and values feedback. Our account manager is always helpful."
  • icon"I feel they are committed to excellence. They also provide ongoing learning and education opportunities within the HR space, and being a Paylocity client feels like being a part of an HR community."
  • icon"Reporting can be a struggle since many standard reports from Paylocity involve merged cells without one single row of data. Customer service is very hit or miss depending on responds to the requests."
  • icon"Paylocity will implement changes and not notify the users. Paylocity has lost data twice which makes me quite uneasy."
  • icon"The set up barrier of entry here is high; you will have to spend a lot of time setting your stuff up, and it can be convoluted."

Browse all Paylocity Reviews

• Have you used Paylocity and would like to share your experience with others?

Nicole

User friendly HRIS

Paylocity has been amazing through and through. We have been able to do so many great engagement activities thanks to Community. Managers are able to submit journal entries on the go for quick responses and feedback.

Pros

We love the mobile capability for our team. Most features are accessible from smartphones, which helps our technicians in the field.

Cons

The benefits of EDI transfers were more of an issue that it's worth implementing. Rates changes and the open enrollment spreadsheet is cumbersome. It's our least favorite product.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

401(k) 3rd party administration.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

Paychex was not meeting our needs as far as mobile technology capabilities.

Emily

Industry: Medical Devices

Easy to implement payroll software

Paylocity has simplified and streamlined our payroll process. After switching from another payroll provider, and paper and pen to record hours, it has been a seamless transition to Paylocity for our team.

Pros

Paylocity is intuitive and simple to use. Prior to implementing Paylocity, our team members used paper to record all hours worked. The switch to recording hours in Paylocity was seamless amongst our team members.

Cons

We didn't find any aspects of this software to be difficult to learn or use. If anything, I believe we could use more of Paylocity's features, such as applicant tracking and benefits management, as time progresses.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

The pricing and overall features offered by Paylocity surpassed that of ADP.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

We struggled with Paychex customer service. Paylocity pricing was also more appealing to us.

Tom

Paylocity User 5+ years

The system works well once configured properly and its price point is strong; the system has a broad set of capabilities to meet a wide range of needs however implementing these various solutions can be frustrating as the customer support model is, in my opinion, flawed. A single point of contact is assigned however anything involving system changes or functional additions requires the issue be assigned to an 'internal team' where queues tend to be extremely long.

Pros

The product has excellent, though not intuitive, report writing capabilities.

Cons

Implementation was a challenge; platform has week customer support often taking days, or even weeks, to have issues resolved when they crop up. The system is complex, as most powerful systems are, and finding employees with experience with the platform is difficult.

Reporting capabilities; cost.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

Poor performance on the part of PayChex at the time; cost considerations.

Cherina

Time used: Free Trial

2.5

December 2014

Paylocity - Web Pay

Pros

Paylocity Web Pay is so easy. I love the fact I have access to this portal from anywhere. This option allows me to transmit payroll, run reports, update records from home, vacation, etc. Adding/deleting new earnings/deduction codes can be done by me. I do not need to get the approval from Paylocity to update my account settings. Employees can easily find their way around the portal, if used frequently. It's a slow learning process but eventually they embrace it. Managers have access to their team's information so instead of me providing the info they need, they will log into the portal and look for the info. Report writing is very simple. I am able to customize my own reports. I still export into Excel and format it, but overall, pulling the info I need is easy enough to do. There is a phone app for Paylocity, which is employee friendly! This is a great option if you're not in front of a computer to update personal info and submit time off requests. Reports live on the cloud, so no hard copies are provided when payroll is transmitted.

Cons

One thing I like least about this product is managing time off. We use a different system to track time and unfortunately the two systems do not talk to one another. We Pay does allow for me to keep into account the employee's time off to reflect their pay. Unfortunately, because of our industry, the time off submitted is always not so accurate so the system is set up to only track time off requests. I manually have to enter taken time - info based from extracting data from other system being used. I don't know if this system offers mass updates. I don't know if I can change a deduction amount across the board. For example, I had to increase each employee's medical premium by going into their records. It would have been nice if I had the ability to mass update all the employee's premiums based on specs. I would love it if I can edit a canned report. This option is not available.

Karen

Good HR and Payroll System

Overall, we are happy with Paylocity; however, there are a few things, like I mentioned earlier that seem a little behind the times.

Pros

I find the reporting feature to be robust because the reports available contain all of the information I need to report on. E.G., Date of Hire, Supervisor name, employee list, payroll data.

Cons

The paid time off balance information really needs to improve. Currently, employees don't see any accrued or used PTO until the next payperiod (semi-monthly). Employees would like to see their balance in real time.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

We selected Paylocity because the pricing structure was better for us and it seemed to be a more current/modern system.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

Paychex was a little behind on upgrades, reporting, different modules communicating/working together. We needed more.

BARBARA

Industry: Wholesale

Very Satisfied

Having our payroll taxes and tax returns taken care of and the assistance in resolving problems. Saves us time and worry. Paylocity can accommodate the employees with every deposit needs and changes, which again save us time in trying to meet those requests.

Pros

The ease of processing is what I like most about the software. It is functional to our needs, especially the tracking of hours, wages, and benefits which make reporting and budgeting easier. Best customer service.

Cons

The most difficult to understand is the ACA tracking. Some employees always need fixing. Entering Holidays from year to year sometimes has issues in making sure that it automatically loads into employee files.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

I was convinced that Customer Service was there and Paylocity's product appeared to be easy to use.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

Customer Service became almost nonexistent. They we to a chat like room you were to go on with other clients to see if you could find anyone having the same problem or if anyone had a solution. I did not have time to search for my concerns or assist others with their concerns and my concerns should not become the concerns of anyone other than ADP.

To move to Paylocity or not?

The integration was a large undertaking; however, we did them step-by-step. The payroll has been huge. We've gotten back hours to our days along with the reassurance that some random thing didn't go wrong with payroll that was previously out of our control. The piece of mind that everything is working as it should is worth all the effort.

Pros

The integration in the software with all of the different areas, i.e. benefits, recruiting, payroll, ACA, W2, timecards, HR all make it worth the effort to transition to this software. The company and software have delivered on all of the promises that were made when the software was pitched to us.

Cons

There are only small, personal changes that I would make. They are small picky things that I would like but do not hinder the software in any way.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

I do remember that we chose Paylocity because it was already functioning at the level we wanted and that the other platforms were promising to be in the near future without guarantee.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

Paychex Flex didn't offer the integration that Paylocity offers with benefits, HR, timecard, expenses and all of the other features that Paylocity has. In addition, we continually ran into glitches or downtown with Paychex payroll platform. It was frustrating and worrisome.

Industry: Machinery

Best HCM software I've used!

This is the best HCM software that I've used compared to ADP, Sage Abra, Paychex, and PlanSource.

Pros

The ease of use is great, the software is so user friendly and easy to learn.

Cons

There are a couple of functionalities that I wish we had within the system and that the report write tool would be easier to use.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

It had all the product features and planforms we were looking for.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

We wanted a more user friendly and update software planform.

Rajesh

Great valuable product for company

I am very satisfied with this product.

Pros

Basically all features and all are in one place and easy to navigate.

Cons

Price little bit high but it's doesn't matter as it provides great features.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

Basically features that I most liked.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

The features are good in paylocity than paycom and has best user interface.

Elaine

Another average payroll system

Overall our experience has been average at best. Customer service and speed to resolution has been an issue.

Pros

Employee notification Employee search option Timekeeping

Cons

Customer service. Lack of knowledge on reporting requirements Reporting features Difficult to access historical employee data Not obtaining the service level that they "sell"

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

Unhappy with the product and it did not meet our onboarding requirements

Kelly

Great product; a lot of personnel changes recently

Overall, Paylocity has really helped my organization come out of the "dark ages". I love that we are no longer a paper and pen company!

Pros

I love the Paylocity platform! It's intuitive and I like how most of the functionality "speaks" to each other (i.e. you can send hires in the recruiting function over to the onboarding function and then over to payroll).

Cons

Within the last year I have had a LOT of change in my account managers - both my main rep and my benefits rep. It's a bit frustrating because I was working with my old reps on stuff that the new folks don't necessarily know about and then I have to explain the issue all over again.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

I loved Paylocity's data analytics!

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

The iSolved system was not keeping up to date with changes that needed to be made (i.e. mobile friendly, etc)

Eleanor

Payroll Processing Platform with integrated human resources tools

Overall, my experience with Paylocity has been very beneficial. Each obstacle that our company has faced in terms of HR and payroll, Paylocity has been able to guide us through. Paylocity is a great platform for facilitating and administrating employment details.

Pros

This software comprehensively ties together many aspects of a human resources department. This makes it easy for a small business owner who may not necessarily need to hire a individual dedicated human resources to facilitate the necessary components of providing wholesome employment. Paylocity has strong reporting and data processing in addition to robust customer support that effectively and efficiently help troubleshoot potential obstacles.

Cons

It seems that some aspects of the software don't exactly tie together. For example, when entering an hourly employee group in HR and Payroll, I often forget to add them into employee groups in time and labor. Subsequently, the supervisor has no way of tracking the employee's timecard. Additionally managing benefits in the employee's payroll file versus the HR file. Although this may be because our company does not fully utilize the benefits package that Paylocity offers.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

The previous owner's of the company recommended this product to us.

Tina

Paylocity Rating

Time and Efficiency Savers: 1)We were able to go from a paper based evaluation process to an electronic based process with Paylocity. 2) We we able to go from a paper expense report to an electronic based process where the expense flowed automatically from employee to supervisor to their paycheck. 3) ACA reporting is handled by Paylocity. 4) Benefits Open Enrollment is now electronic with Paylocity. The employee elections, changes, deletions, all flow from HR directly to the carriers. No more having to log-in to various carrier portals to make these changes. 5) File feeds are big time saver. 6) We saved money on employee training courses by using the training courses offer by Paylocity. 7) Paylocity offers many compliance dashboards that saves time and money as it flags errors in real time.

Pros

1) You have a dedicated Account Manager. 2) I have worked with a few payroll companies during my HR tenure and Paylocity by far is the best product on the market. It is so user friendly. Employees love it because it is easy to use, it has a mobile app, and anything they need related to payroll and benefits is in one place. 3) Transferring from our old payroll company to Paylocity was an easy transition. Paylocity provides you with a dedicate account manager for payroll and time entry. The do all the work. 4) Compliance with Paylocity cannot get an easier. There are Compliance Dashboards, ACA Reporting Dashboards, Year End Reporting Dashboards. Everything is configured in the system and ready for your review in each of the Dashbaords. 5) Paylocity has the most user friendly Reporting feature I've seen in any product. Lots of standard reports. Easy to use custom reporting featuring. 6) Lots of module that you add as you need, Perf Mgmt, Expenses, Recruting, On-Boarding, to name a few. 7) Performance Mgmt module is so easy to set and customize to your needs. Employees loved using it. It includes a Journal feature that the managers can keep notes throughout the year.

Cons

No Cons. I've used other payroll companies in the past, Paylocity far exceeds all of them.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

Most features for the price

Functionality and Customer Service

Eric

Robust system, not the most user friendly

We have 100s of contractors who are managed separately from our full- and part-time staff. Paylocity enabled us to handle the different demands of both groups.

Pros

A very robust system. Keeps abreast of policy changes making it easy to consider options. Extremely function rich with many reporting options, sometimes to the point of fault in that it takes some training to become familiar with the system. Integration and customer services have both been excellent.

Cons

The system is not the most user friendly, but it adds functionality in place of user experience. For example, adding a new 401k/403b program took multiple calls with customer service to be sure everything was set appropriately. Same for HSA enrollment. The full product requires more than a basic level of technical proficiency.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

Feature suite for the pricing

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

Zenefits could only handle a limited number of contractors in it's system. Their benefits integration and customer service were not at the same level either.

Sue

Pros and Cons

Overall it has been a good experience and a good value for the price.

Pros

We are a small firm (10 employees), so we did not need a robust system to manage our current payroll. We were looking for something which would grow with us, so we wouldn't need to change systems. Paylocity offers many tools which we are not currently using, but will need in the future. It is very easy to run Payroll, Customer Service is timely in their responses and keeping the customer updated if an issue takes a little more time to resolve.

Cons

The connection to our financial software system, QuickBooks Online, is not intuitive. Even after a year and a half of using Paylocity, the connection is still not set up properly because the heavy lifting is done by the user. It would be helpful if Paylocity would take a more active role in setting up the link.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

Paylocity is more advanced and better suited to serve us as we grow.

Mainly because of price

Jen

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Happy Customer

No system is perfect, but we are overall happy with Paylocity. They have multiple modules that we just keep adding on that make connecting with employees and having one system for multiple aspects of the business very easy.

Pros

Paylocity is easy to use for users. I love that the company is always improving the software and values feedback. Our account manager is always helpful. I manage payroll and Paylocity makes it very easy to complete and I love how there are so many things that integrate with the system. For instance, our 401(k) provider connects, as well as the benefits module.

Cons

The reporting is not very user-friendly for what we use it for, especially expense reports. But overall they are always making improvements and asking for feedback, which makes me hopeful that the reports will improve more.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

We previously used Quickbooks for payroll with Replicon for expense reporting. We wanted a payroll software that made it easy to have employee expense reports flow into payroll and a system that employees could access to make updates to their own demographics.

Kimberly

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Paylocity Is the Go To

My overall experience with Paylocity is very positive. My implementation went very smooth and the continued follow up made the process work very well. Since then, there have been no major issues or mishaps. The most important thing to me is paying employees promptly and accurately. While Paylocity cannot prevent human error, it does do all it can to advise, report and remind about items which could present issues . We are very happy with Paylocity and all it has to offer.

Pros

Paylocity is user friendly and provides more than enough guidance in processing payroll and keeping employee information organized. In addition, all of the HR auditing and tracking is helpful so as to not have to track separately. The PEAK resources and on demand training courses are also very helpful when needing a quick "How-To". There is no doubt that we do not use Paylocity to is fullest extend, but the ability is there when needed.

Cons

It is hard to give negative feedback about a product that does more than one can fully comprehend. The report writer can be tricky if you are not familiar with how to use it. When doing an Employee Search, I do not like how the information displays by sliding from right to left. I would prefer it display as it does when you go into the Employee HR File. I really like the new HR Actions module, however setting up the approval process has run into complications with roles which has limited my ability to really use it properly. Finally, it would seem there has been a good deal of change at Paylocity because I have been reassigned an Account Manager 3 times in the past 6 months. Thankfully, I have not needed to have a close relationship with my Account Manager as I did at my previous employer but would be nice to have someone familiar with me and my company.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

I used Paylocity for 8.5 years at my previous employer and it all made sense to me. I was familiar with the product, the implementation and the results I could expect.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

Sage Pro is an archaic software and I had used Paylocity at my previous employer.

Angela

Very Intuitive and User Frendly System

I have worked in many systems and Paylocity is by far my preference. Their implementations are smooth and their product is exactly what they promote it to be. Their robust reporting features have allowed us to better support our finance team in creating more accurate financial backup. The ease of use for our users has created more accurate timekeeping and labor cost allocations.

Pros

Paylocity is very a very intuitive system. All of our team members, from the more computer savvy to the infrequent computer users liked the ease of use of Paylocity.

Cons

I really don't have any negative feedback. Paylocity is very good about collecting feedback from customers and working to implement changes in the software to meet their clients needs. Many companies say that, but I have witnessed in many instances that Paylocity has DONE it.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

Flow of the system and ease of use for the end user.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

Completely dissatisfied with previous solution. I had previously used Paylocity in a prior company and knew Paylocity was a good fit for Blue Sky Vision.

Stefan

Industry: Semiconductors

HR Manager's Best Friend

I like Paylocity a lot and as a company we are very satisfied with the software and currently wouldn't look to change HR & Payroll systems unless something significantly better or more cost effective came along. As long as Paylocity keep moving forward and making the userability experience their focus we will remain a customer.

Pros

I use Paylocity everyday and find the software very user friendly. For our business size it is very cost effective for what you get.

Cons

There are some minor features that have bugs that I have bought up over a year ago that have yet to be fixed. The PTO tracking feature is not very user friendly and causes a lot of confusion amongst employees and admins alike.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

Cost effective, userability experience, Performance Management and Community features

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

PEO was too expensive and we hired a HR manager.

Colleen

Industry: Libraries

Paylocity rocks!

Overall, it's great to have everything in one place and to have the different modules interact with each other. Much easier than previous products we've used!

Pros

I love the idea of having almost all of the aspects of my job in one place! For the most part, the software is easy to use. The Impressions in the Self-Service section is used by our staff for our annual awards, as well as, a way to say good things about your co-workers. Paylocity ROCKS!!!

Cons

Onboarding can be a bit difficult to use. I had to send the link 3 times for our last new employee because it wouldn't let her in. It's not as instinctual as I'd like.

See above

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

Ease of use, interactivity & cost.

Sharon

Paylocity consistently meets our needs and provides support when needed.

I found HR & Payroll so unbelievably easy to use that we soon added the user friendly Time & Attendance module, later, the Expenses. We delayed adding Expenses because they did not yet have the Proxy setup. As soon as they got that going, which decreased the time we spent on expenses reimbursements by more than two thirds. When Covid shut our office down last March, I was so glad I was already established with Paylocity and had already begun to look into more features. We were able to quickly add Onboarding, Performance Management, and Benefits Enterprise, so we transitioned pretty seamlessly to a remote working. Impressions are a big hit with all of our employees. Great way to hand out kudos.

Pros

The thing I love most about Paylocity is having all the various modules that make my work life easier. We transitioned our payroll to Paylocity in 2015 because our service at the time did not have ACA compliance capability. The ACA compliance was the most important feature, and it continues to be something I rely on. We have since added many other features, all of which solve our business needs.

Cons

The one complaint I have about Paylocity is that I cannot impersonate a user. I don't know what users see on their screens and that makes it difficult for me to walk them through any processes, especially now that I cannot just walk over to their desk.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

Same features but much lower price.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

Many reasons, but mostly because they had no ACA Compliance capability

Corina

So good, selected a 2nd time

I first used Paylocity 10 years ago at a prior employer when we were changing our payroll system. When I left that company last year, we were still using Paylocity and happy with the services it provided. At my new employer, I was tasked with finding a way to leave a P.E.O. and researched several other systems before settling on Paylocity again. For the functionality and the pricing, Paylocity was very competitive for what we needed.

Pros

The features that Paylocity offers for an entire HCM system is very easy to use and implement.

Cons

It isn't always scalable. Some features that get rolled out are in the early stages making them difficult to implement all the time because the pieces desired are missing. We had originally planned to use the recruiting and applicant tracking system but it would take so long to set-up, it doesn't make sense to move from what we have been using that has so much of our previous history already available.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

Ease of use and familiarity were what eventually swayed the decision. Having used it in the past would make the transition easier for me and would allow me to get the system up and running quickly and utilize the features effectively.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

We wanted to leave the PEO and ADP was so expensive. It also wasn't user-friendly and required a lot of calls to the service team for assistance. When the customer service person is #2 on your frequently called list, it is time to find a new service.

Lisa

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Easy to use, end users have been impressed

Pros

The end user employees are able to take care of most questions and issues themselves through the Self Service Portal. Our semi-monthly payroll entry is simple. Like how the recruiting information for a new employee rolls over to onboarding and HR seamlessly.

Cons

There are some processes that aren't intuitive. For example, setting up HSA bank accounts for individual employees. The integration with our benefits software is a little buggy. There have been errors and I still have to go into our benefits system to make sure terminations and new employees are rolling over.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

Price for some and more comprehensive than others.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

ADP product with all the features of Paylocity was extremely expensive compared to Paylocity. ADP is still asking us to switch back but their "best" price is out of range for us.

Stephen

Review for Paylocity

I am satisfied with the product but the service aspect of it can be improved.

Pros

The product has great payroll ability, and it has been mostly reliable so far. I like that it is easy to maintain data integrity in the system, and the self-service portal is also very helpful. Being able to manage benefits and payroll in one system is a big plus.

Cons

Wish it has more integration such as BambooHR. It also takes a long time to build an integration(3+ month for our 401k vendor). The spending accounts function also needs to be improved as it operates on a separate platform and the employee experience is subpar.

Reasons for choosing Paylocity

Functionality, potential to operate both payroll and benefits in one tool.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

We needed more control over benefits and overall payroll process.

Becky

Highly Recommend

Overall, I've been really really with Paylocity. I think they've done a really fantastic job updating the system for COVID related issues such as FFCRA, ERC, etc. For that, I am very very very thankful.

Pros

The customer service is really great. I am able to call my dedicated service person any day of the week and they know me and my needs. If my dedicated service person is ever unavailable, then the other reps i contact are very helpful as well.... you don't see this with every HRIS system. They also seem to care about our requests for system improvements which I think is critical. I find this system fairly easy to use given my experience with other systems. The reporting is good for the most part although some custom reports cost extra which is not cool. I have really enjoyed the in-person conference offered to clients especially since they let clients meet one-on-one with the actual product developers and ask questions and make suggestions for needed upgrades. Upgrades come on a regular basis and are available to users immediately without changing "products" which is fantastic compared to some other vendors.

Cons

The modules i am not using like applicant tracking, recruitment, onboarding, benefits management, etc. aren't really built out enough to make them worth the high price. I still have to use other software for all of those services because i've found better vendors that do most of what i need and they aren't as expensive as the Paylocity add-on. It's too bad, because I'd really like to use one system for everything. Upper management is not accessible which is disappointing. There is no way to add volunteers and independent contractors into the HRISI system for free - this is usually available from HRIS systems.

Reasons for switching to Paylocity

When I arrived, the company was ready to make a switch but I spent a little time learning Paylocity and we ended up staying. From what I understand, the service was significantly improved from the company's prior experience and for that I am very thankful for. I'm really happy we stuck it out with Paylocity and found a way to make everything work.

Paylocity