All Zenkit Reviews

Stoyan

Reviewed December 2017

Absolutely amazing !

It makes me get organised and productive in my job. As person trying to implement and stick to the Agile methodology in my work, makes everything really easy for me.

PROS

Love the simplicity to use and the short and easy learning curve. Every functionality is placed and working kind of intuitively. I am also using the Iphone app, which is absolutely amazing as well, all the functionality of the desktop version is available every time , everywhere in my pocket. Zenkit really means one thing and this is Productivity at it's best. And last but not least is the FREEDOM to use the app without any limitations of the features ABSOLUTELY FOR FREE!!! I am a startup founder who just left his full time corporate job to pursue his dreams and at this time cash is really important for me. Zenkit to plan absolutely everything from the concept to task to be executed. Over the years i found that when brainstorming the most convenient way for me are by using Mind maps. I was using Trello, then Asana before that, but the lack of mind maps made me looking constantly for a other solutions, which will give me the opportunity to easily convert the ideas in tasks and build whole working projects. Well Zenkit does exactly this, from ideas to full projects to be managed with most effective productivity and project management techniques in the easiest possible ways. Brainstorm with Mind maps, create task and execute them in Kanban or List, then easily present or manage them as full blown tables ( i even almost stopped using Excel ). I also like is the constant evolving off the app in only positive way. The team behind it really know their job!

Hi Stoyan, Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm so glad you're enjoying Zenkit :) Please feel free to get in touch if you have any ideas or feature requests!

Replied December 2017

Arthur

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Using Zenkit for Research Projects

Overall experience: fantastic. I've been using it as my primary platform for organizing/managing projects for a couple of years now. Haven't found anything that good yet.

PROS

Zenkit interface is highly configurable, which makes it ideal to collaborate with team members with different technical backgrounds. One of the most amazing characteristics though is that any data can be relational - pretty much like in a RDB - and you can create your own data structures to organize yourself as you prefer.

CONS

The mindmap representation is a bit different of what one's used to find in mindmapping-related software, but this seems to be mostly due to web components limitations.

Best customization overall.

Reasons for switching to Zenkit

Trello was too restricted in terms of organization (especially nested and cross-related project items)

Dear Arthur, Thank you very much for your kind feedback! We appreciate it. Please don't hesitate to send any questions, feedback or suggestions for improvement to us via service@zenkit.com. Cheers, Louisa

Stefan

Media Production, 1 employee

Honest review

Sometimes pretty good, especially on a desktop.

PROS

The look on the desktop. It is an all in all good solution on the desktop and really pleasent to use.

CONS

The App is pretty bad in usability and a real painpoint. The reminder block everything. Just not usable.

Reason for choosing Zenkit

It seemed to be better but upwork is still something I would take into consideration

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it! We are constantly working on making Zenkit better. Could you please specify what exactly you'd be wishing for in usability? Please feel free to send us any suggestions and other feedback to service@zenkit.com. Cheers, Louisa

Replied November 2021

Anthony

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Outstanding & Essential Task & Project Management

PROS

Zenkit is outstanding at task & project management. It's super customizable and easy to use. Our business can't live without it!

CONS

The only con to using Zenkit is that it's not free, HOWEVER, in life, there's no such thing as a "free lunch" or free-anything that's of value.

Dear Anthony, Thank you for the five-star review! We appreciate it. Feel free to contact us via service@zenkit.com in case you have any further questions or suggestions for improvement. Cheers, Louisa

Replied April 2024

Kelsey

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Great for Small Business

Excellent experience with customer service. The only glitch was a small one when I upgraded my plan, but they helped me figure out a way around it. I love that they continue to develop the software instead of allowing it to remain stagnant.

PROS

I like that our team can see our plans and data in a variety of different formats, as each person has a different work style - some prefer tables, some Kanban, some Gantt. Everyone can get what they want and need.

CONS

Overall, the biggest challenge is not the software itself but getting our team to use it effectively and wholly. But that's an issue with every software implementation.

Reason for choosing Zenkit

Pricing was much better on Zenkit and ZK had better project planning features.

Dear Kelsey, Thank you so much for your five-star review! Please don't hesitate to send any feedback or suggestions for improvement to us via service@zenkit.com. Cheers, Louisa

Stephan

Online Media, 2-10 employees

Everything in one place

I am using it on a daily basis for tracking writing projects, planning trips (I also work as a travel journalist) and collect all kinds of information in a way that I will find it again.

PROS

The fact that it combines Evernote and Todoist into one application. I replaced both apps with Zenkit and quickly changed from the free version to the next higher level. I like the individual backgrounds (for fun). I highly appreciate the wtwo-way Google Calendar integration that gives me an overview of my day and week.

CONS

It's bit pricey for a one-man show like my business. I am missing an inbox where I can simply throw my ideas as they come (although I have fond some kind of a solution for that). A web clipper would be nice to quickly pull interesting articles into Zenkit.

Reason for choosing Zenkit

Notion did not have a Google Calendar integration.

Reasons for switching to Zenkit

I did not like the limited structuring in Evernote and I appreciated the fact that I only need one app for all my needs, instead of always having to switch between different apps.

Nicole

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Love this software!

Absolutely fantastic! Very easy to use and set up. I highly recommend this for any team!

PROS

Ease of use, all the different ways to keep track of my tasks and associate them. There were so many ways to view and sort the data. It really helped me keep track of items and prioritize them.

CONS

I definitely would like a little more capabilities in the Mind Map specifically around additional grouping or associating tasks to one another

More functionality and flexibility

Reasons for switching to Zenkit

Zenkit was easier, had more flexibility and the features that I wanted. I also liked the integrations that were easy to create and use.

Pablo

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

One tool, many solutions.

Our teams were getting saturated with the amount of projects and the moving parts we were keeping track of. Zenkit allowed for some clarity and the process itself streamlined our workflows as well as developed a database that we constantly refer to.

PROS

The multiple views allows us to craft specific solutions related to our projects. Mindmaps for meetings and brainstorms. Lists for task management. We like it very much.

CONS

The fine grained customizability was somewhat daunting for most new users. It's very power made them afraid to learn it's functions freely. They worried about breaking it somehow. Usually watching the videos was enough.

Reason for choosing Zenkit

Aesthetics. Free for our team size. Functions included. Adaptability (what we call it's programmability).

Tilanka

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

Best tool for Project Management

As a student,Zenkit has the ability to organize academic projects very easy and free.In the industry, as Project managers we can deliver more effective and productive projects for the customers with standards.

PROS

Zenkit is a simple and user-friendly project management application which can use very easily. Team projects and single projects related to academic and industrial, makes very easy to handle. It gives you so many options like team Inbox,bulk actions,drag and drop to manage task and projects . It has mind mapping functions. It supports many operating systems.

CONS

Sometimes it makes distracting. If group has more than 5 members, we have to upgrade the account to a premium plan, so it make big difficult.

Hi Tilanka, Thank you very much for your feedback! We appreciate it. We do offer student discounts. Feel free to contact us via sales@zenkit.com to get more information about that. Also please don't hesitate to send any other feedback or suggestions for improvement to service@zenkit.com. Cheers, Louisa

Replied November 2021

Ryan

Food & Beverages, 51-200 employees

Excellent, Inexpensive: PM & Tracking Tool

Currently using this for my personal life and work life to keep my projects on track. Works great forth both!

PROS

Inexpensive: I'm currently using the free option which comes with a lot of features! Format options: Love the ability to switch back and forth between different formats (Kanban, List, Schedule, etc.). Flexibility: Having access to my projects via iOS app, web app, and desktop apps offers a lot of flexibility!

CONS

The Windows desktop app appears to just be a web-wrap, which means it is a little glitchy, resource heavy and I have to sign in over & over again. Starts to be frustrating!

1 employee

Reviewed November 2018

More Functionality than other project management software

I was looking for a free or freemium project management software, however, I found other project management software to be limited in what I needed it to be able to do. Zenkit fixed all of my functionality issues and then some. I can have each individual "collection" set to whatever view is best for that collection, whether that is Kanban, List, etc. I love how I can customize various fields and include key information that I need to have or be able to sort by (when I switch to Table view). I don't mind the lack of visuals (photos, icons) available via the free version and the space allowed is adequate for personal use. I definitely recommend Zenkit over other major project management tools I've worked with previously.

PROS

I love the new 2-factor authentication option even for personal (free) plans. The biggest functionality pro over any other system I've tried is the Mindmap option. Another cool option is that you can create the Mindmap even if you originally started the collection as a Kanban board. I've used this feature to great success multiple times. Additional views including List, Table, and Calendar. I like the multiple options as each project may have specific needs. I use the List for individual tasks, calendar view for my overall schedule, and Kanban for individual projects. Customization and ability to add fields (instead of being forced to only add them as comments).

CONS

The User Interface can seem a little utilitarian and not as friendly as some other software systems. No option to add additional visuals like photos or icons to individual Kanban cards until you are on a paid plan. When entering information into a Kanban card, it can be difficult to know where your cursor is if you use the tab key to move to next field.

5,001-10,000 employees

I LOVE this product!

Our team needs to use project/task management tools in multiple ways, so a traditional tool doesn't work for us. We tested over 250 tools. In the end, Zenkit is the only one that gives us what we need. We have a course catalog that we maintain - tracking live projects and their on-going maintenance. We also have annual goals for our team and individual team members. We provide support for a website, so have a need to track items like tickets. And finally, we get random requests that aren't attributed to annual goals and need to be tracked separately. We were able to create 4 projects in Zenkit, each with different fields, views, and uses. But they all link together. It's made us much more efficient in our workflows and reporting.

PROS

This product gives our team what we need in terms of tracking for projects and goals. But it also gives us the ability to have each team member view that information in a way that makes sense to them. It doesn't force us to use spreadsheets or kanbans, but rather gives us options. Our director loves giant spreadsheets, one teammate prefers mind maps, and I would rather see a kanban board. We each get the same data in the view we prefer.

CONS

Honestly, my only gripe is that when I need to contact support for anything, we're on different time zones. Eastern in the US for us, Germany for Zenkit. That's not really a big deal though.

Medical Devices, 1 employee

A fantastic tool

The main use I have for Zenkit is to manage software changes in a validated environment. Each change request hs it's own card which is then tracked through the development and validation process and into production. The cards contain references to cards representing requirements, design and test documents that need to be updated as part of the change. Individual tasks for the change are presented in check lists and the review and approval cycles are managed in seperate check lists.

PROS

Zenkit has a great many features to aid productivity. Like most online kanban tools it allows you to create your own columns to suite the process you're managing. But the kanban board is just the start as the same data can be presented as a list, a table or a calendar and the data can be manipulated in each of these views. This makes it extremely easy to view and update the data. Each individual 'card' can be customised with additional labels, checklists, references to other cards in other collections, formulas, text fields, dates and many other custom field types. Zenkit really is kanban on steroids.

CONS

Probably the mindmap view of the cards. I've not found a use for this view, but this shouldn't detract from the overall quality and functionality of the product.

Hi David! Thank you very much for your review. :) We thoroughly appreciate your feedback.

Replied September 2019

Christine

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2017

It's let me hope that I can not only manage, but lead!

As explained in the review: confidence.

PROS

The ability to relate kanban cards (in my case, products and people, the latter numbering about 60) across boards in a way that is immediate and clear. I can see what outcomes I could nudge people about, or keep in mind, when communicating with them about something else. I'm also impressed by the support -- my report of a minor problem received an almost instant, and personal, response -- and, generally, the sense that this software permits creative applications.

CONS

I'm using the free version simply because I'm wary of subscriptions (also not something a university finance department copes with readily), though I know that's the norm: easier to pay more up front, once. That leaves me with a limited range of display options, most of which (white on dark) aren't legible. An IoS app (which is on the way) would be useful, as would a single user's guide: again, I realize blogs and videos are the norm, but I'd like a single source I could search. Zenkit offers a variety of views -- kanban, calendar, table -- but each is confined to a single board, and it would be helpful to be able to generate a master view so that all deadlines, e.g., are available to view in one screen.

Hi Christine, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We're so glad Zenkit gives you the confidece you need to lead your team! We're working on making more backgrounds available and we're about to release a global calendar view in which you'll be able to see all of your deadlines in one place :) Regarding a single searchable source - have you checked out our Knowledge Base? You can access it from the profile menu. Lastly, please feel free to contact us regarding discounted pricing options for educational institutions!

Replied August 2017

Linda

Online Media, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2017

I use Zenkit everyday to organize the tasks of our team. The Kanban view is my favorite.

I get an overview over my teams tasks and the daily business. I am able to create and think about new ideas by using the mind map function and I am able to connect Zenkit to other devices I'm using while work (e.g. Slack). For me and my team, Zenkit makes coworking very easy.

PROS

It is easy to use and you can start immediatly without watching all your (also great) videos. Zenkit offers you a great overview over your tasks and helps me as a team leader to get an overview over the tasks of my team members. The Kanban view is perfekt for organising our daily business but I also like the mind map function for getting new ideas. Another feature I like very uch is the connection with Slack. And - last but not least - you have a great support. I wrote you two times via facebook and you answered immediately!

CONS

I work with different collections: One for each team and project I am working with and one for my own tasks. So I have three different collections with three different tasks. To get a better overview over my daily tasks I would love to have an overview over all my tasks from each collection in one Kanban.

Hi Linda, Thank you so much! We really appreciate your detailed feedback. We're actually about to release a global view that will show all of your tasks in one place. If you'd like a more personal solution, please feel free to reach out to us directly!

Replied August 2017

Stefan

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Great Tool for our business

We tried wunderlist, but zenkit simply offers better features for us

PROS

Zenkit is easy and fast and offers great features

CONS

Actually, there is nothing. But we are looking forward to further functions

Dear Stefan, Thank you so much for your five-star review! We really appreciate it. Please don't hesitate to send any more feedback, suggestions for improvement or questions to us via service@zenkit.com. Cheers, Louisa

Reviewed November 2018

An exzellent tool to organize your live and your work with family, friends and colleagues

Zenkit is a great tool to organize task - for private or work related projects. There are way simpler and more complex tools on the market, I do love Zenkit - and recommended it a lot to more than a dozen different startups.

PROS

Zenkit ist really easy to use, works on alle divides, the mobile version makes it easy to do even Wunderlist-kind of small task and get the good feeling of „get shit done“. The complexity of Zenkit makes ist also possible to work on full srum-type projects.

CONS

I do not have reals cons. In the two years of daily use of the software, a couple of bugs and wishes occur, were sent to zenkit‘s costumer relations and were fixed immediately.

Thank you so much! We're so glad to hear your experience with Zenkit has been so positive, and that we've been able to resolve issues so quickly!

Replied August 2019

Evgeny

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Great app

PROS

Very versatile application, allows me to get things done. Good support.

CONS

Takes some time to get into. Some downtimes or slowness occurs sometimes.

Dear Evgeny, Thank you so much for your five-star review! Please don't hesitate to ask any questions or share more feedback or suggestions for improvement with us via service@zenkit.com. Cheers, Louisa

1,001-5,000 employees