• icon"The product is great and integrated smoothly. Adoption of the product was the biggest challenge."
  • icon"The integrated zoom is a huge bonus. We also love being able to keep everything in one place and clear out emails."
  • icon"We are only slowly moving into all the features, to keep our transition seamless. The ease of use is very important and evident with both me and with the team of 19 others using it."
  • icon"There are occasionally errors when I upload documents, however the problem does not occur often."
  • icon"All Adobe Acrobat bookmarks and markups including highlighting, comments, and added text are stripped out and lost when these documents are uploaded."
  • icon"The inability to use the gallery view is very disappointing and the sound/video quality is poor with the integration. It works will when Zoom is used separately however."

All OnBoard Reviews

Wendy

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

OnBoard Keeps me on-board!

Kara

April 2022

Great Board Management Tool!

Having board files in one location will cut down on the amount of Trustees needing me to track things down and will serve as a secondary backup of our precious files. Customer service is astounding, especially compared to what I experienced or see available with a more expensive, similar platform I demoed, and the interface is more modern than the other platform as well. So OnBoard looks and feels great and was well received. My life has improved since adding this feature, saving hours with creating Board materials.

Pros

This was a great cloud-based portal for full management of board materials, easy creation of Board Books, and creation of an archive in one location. This replaced a home-brewed portal that was difficult to use and clunky. Now, I can easily create and update board books instead of wasting precious time making manual, difficult updates using Adobe Pro. Great customer support.

Cons

Some features we don't have since unfortunately they cost extra. We also have a difficult usage case that has required some workarounds but that is on us for being complicated. I hope one day they allow more than one Zoom platform to be connected to the account.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

Cost, customer support, comparison of experiences with sales reps, how the competing sales rep treated me when I said we picked OnBoard, and the look of the interface

Reasons for switching to OnBoard

Our home brewed Drupal solution was hard to use and our IT Department required too many hoops to use off the company property. With OnBoard, you can log in securely through MFA at home or at work, which is much easier for Trustees to use, and OnBoard is easier to both manage and use than our home brewed product.

Brent

February 2022

OnBoard is a must have for meetings in a digital age

Paper, ink, and printer fatigue are the first savings we've enjoyed. Changes to the agenda last minute have been easily to upload where everyone can see it minutes after uploading it. Lastly, the time savings (and paper cuts) staff and the admin have from not having to do paper copies anymore has been considerable and very worthwhile. Security of the app is also great.

Pros

The ability to meet and view agendas in the OnBoard app has been critical to the bank. In the past if staff or Directors were remote, hard copy items had to be mailed at great expense to them and if there were last minute changes, those people didn't have the right documents to review. Now everything is seamlessly in one spot, organized to perfection, easy to access, and easy for the admin to upload new and revised documents so everyone can view the current information. The time savings from having to print everything is enough to pay for the system and devices to access the meetings.

Cons

This has less to do with the software and more to do with some of the features in the app are not easily understood by some older members of the Board that are not used to the technology updates. There really isn't an issue I have that OnBoard hasn't thought of and implemented.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

Mainly because of the features and that it was backed by the ICBA. We've been using OnBoard for 6.5 years now and it just keeps getting better.

Pamela

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

October 2022

OnBoard

Pros

It's fairly easy to use, upload documents, and navigate.

Cons

It would be nice if comments could be provided by participants inside meeting agendas vs having to do that outside of the platform via email.

Shekelia

November 2022

Easy money

Pros

That it does all the work for you. It's quick and efficient.

Cons

No I do not have anything at this time that I think needs to be improved or changed, etc.

Carla

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

August 2022

OnBoard for trade association board usage

Training was great - it was one-on-one and over the internet. It made getting questions answered easy and allowed us to focus on the features we could not figure out on our own. The customer service/correspondence is amazing.

Pros

Simple to use, easy to train new users. Can upload multiple file types without the need to make all files pdf. It is constantly improving and notifications are sent out to alert you to the new features.

Cons

Features are sold in suites with no ability to pick off certain aspects that are more important than others.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

This had a better price point and was more user friendly for our small organization

Industry: Philanthropy

Great Product So Far

Great customer service from day one, and I mean from the first sales/demo meeting we had with them. We were given a lot of support to successfully manage a trial. Our salesperson took the time to help figure out a process for us to incorporate our e-voting needs.

Pros

The voting tools are fantastic. Approvals were really the biggest function we were looking for and the fact that you can integrate a discussion in to an approval has made our e-voting process very smooth

Cons

Although this is really intuitive on the user end, I had a real learning curve figuring out some of the admin features. This could be in part that this portal is completely unlike the one we used in the past. The customer success manager has been great - willing to schedule as much time as we need.

knowledgeable staff, better tools

Reasons for switching to OnBoard

wanted something more streamlined and less "clunky" - easier for board members

Theresa

Continue to be pleased with the purchase

I've had an ideal customer experience with OnBoard! From sales to training to implementation ([SENSITIVE CONTENT] is awesome) to maintenance stage and IT needs. Improvements are continually coming. A very responsive team when it comes to questions or the occasional internet glitch. Great online resources for training, learning and best practices, in addition to live help.

Pros

Ease of use, organization, look, security, customer service, always open to ideas and making improvements, analytics.

Cons

Minutes builder and surveys could be improved. The ability to add custom fields to profile would be nice.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

Functions offered, customer service and price

Reasons for switching to OnBoard

Made the switch when our contract ended with The Governance Institute. Researched several products and OnBoard offered the functionality we needed at a price point we could manage with pandemic unknowns.

Industry: Online Media

March 2022

Upgrading our Board Management software to achieve greater engagement

Experience has been excellent. The quality of the product is high, and the customer support superb. We were aiming to create a true board portal that is the first place the member go when they want information, through the resources, tasks functionality. Too much back and forth emailing of information was occurring. We wanted to change the way the board worked, and needed the best technology as a platform for enforcing such change.

Pros

The rich functionality of OnBoard, compared to our prior solution, sold us. A bit more expensive, but worth it. Since we are being force to transition to a new platform by our prior provider, we used the opportunity to license a best of breed solution, where the employees are clearly committed to their products.

Cons

There was a bit of learning curve, especially with the Member database, establishing groups, and roles, etc..

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

Based on product reviews online, and the quality of support staff

Reasons for switching to OnBoard

Board Max was being discontinued as a product, so we had to transition anyway

Brigitte

Industry: Renewables & Environment

February 2022

OnBoard is the perfect solution for our organization

From day one, the experience was very positive. I was given the time I needed to learn the system and we received training for separate groups of individuals who are using the platform. Everyone I interacted with in the company had a positive attitude and genuinely wanted to help and make this transition a success.

Pros

It is very intuitive and easy to navigate. No need for lengthy trainings, it is simple for all users.

Cons

So far, we are satisfied with the system. As with every platform, there is always one item that is a bit of an irritant. To remove or change an email address for a user, you have to delete the user and add the information again in the system.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

Diligent was much more expensive than OnBoard and to be able to achieve the same actions, we had to have two separate platforms.

Doug

March 2022

OnBoard Review

Has improved the Board meeting experience and centralization of documentation for meeting resource purposes.

Pros

It is easy to work with and flexible with its document handling. Agenda construction is very effective. Still learning all the features which this offers.

Cons

Have found nothing thusfar. It provides an easy and flexible p[latform for meetings management and ongoing resource access.

Reasons for switching to OnBoard

Cost and general dissatisfaction with the system - hard to administer and difficult for meeting management purposes.

Carole

Exceptional software and professional employees

The benefits from implementing OnBoard for our board management are countless! From day one the staff was professional, advised us during implementation, friendly, and respond immediately. It was a seamless implementation process. Our board started using OnBoard and instantly approved of using the portal for all board management. As the lead administrator and developer of the portal I have enjoyed the entire process and love all aspects of OnBoard and the staff. They provide ongoing training webinars and tutorials for new users. They are innovative and ask clients for feedback and features they would like implemented into OnBoard. I have recommended OnBoard to others and would highly recommend OnBoard to anyone considering board management software.

Pros

Impactful features include composing the agenda from a word document, Zoom links can be accessed from OnBoard, improved calendar, Resource Library. User friendly. New features, upgrades, and improvements implemented on an on-going basis. Integration was seamless.

Cons

There are no aspect of this software that are difficult to use. Seriously, there is nothing I don't like about OnBoard.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

Features, the look of the product, easy to use, amazing staff, and pricing!

Reasons for switching to OnBoard

We wanted a board management software that was user friendly. We found that with OnBoard.

Beth

OnBoard has made my job so much easier!

Pros

We used to produce a printed and bound board book for each meeting, requiring materials to be submitted far in advance, and last-minute changes were not able to be included. OnBoard gives me the flexibility to continue to make changes right up to the meeting date. Board members are able to access the virtual board book from wherever they are using the device that they prefer. We are also able to use OnBoard for committee meetings and cabinet meetings and capture any votes that take place directly in OnBoard. I also use the polls/voting option almost daily with cabinet. There are many small items that need cabinet consensus and instead of waiting until the next cabinet meeting, we upload the needed documentation and send it out for a vote. The results are recorded in OnBoard for future reference, which is especially helpful for any board votes needed during the audit. I also love the ease of use and implementation. I have had to do very little individual training with board members, and customer service has been super responsive whenever I (or a board member) has had an issue.

Cons

It would be great to be able to store a little more information about board members that you could run a report on - such as term information, etc.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

At the time we were choosing the layout and ease of use seemed more user-friendly.

Cheryl

Essential Tool for our Organization.

Pros

I have been surprised how quickly OnBoard became an essential tool for our organization and how quickly our Board of Directors embraced this new technology for not only distributing our meeting materials, but also as a secure platform that allows our Directors to access information and records. Prior to using OnBoard, we were compiling our meeting materials into binders for each individual Director and every attendee to the meeting and not only was it time consuming and costly to produce these binders, but we would often incur an expense to print something that would be outdated by the time the meeting occurred. With OnBoard, we can update information in our Board Book with a few clicks of the mouse. I have heard from multiple members of our Board how much they appreciate OnBoard and feel the platform has enabled us to create a cleaner, more appealing, and more streamlined presentation of our meeting materials. Although there are features that do not align with the operations of our foundation, I use OnBoard almost daily. We have a very active Board who is managing a lot of exciting work for our foundation and we seem to constantly be preparing for a meeting - from the onset, the OnBoard platform contributed to completing our meeting picture and it never felt like a burden or hurdle because it is so user friendly.

Cons

OnBoard constantly wants to send out updates on behalf of our organization when I make updates to a meeting agenda, visibility, or materials and the mandate within our organization is to have communication directly with our Directors so we know what is being communicated. It would be great if I could set a default to not be asked about notifying our members as often as I am; however, I think it is important to note that when I do encounter an issue or want to provide feedback about how we want to be able to use the platform, everyone I have encountered with OnBoard has been extremely open and welcome the feedback.

Mendy

Very Satisfied!

I am very pleased with my overall experience. From the sales side with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to now working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. They have both been tremendously helpful and most always return an email very timely. I found it very user friendly and quick to learn. The training provided has also been excellent. I would highly recommend OnBoard to anyone that may contact me.

Pros

There are several things I like equally with this software. Record retention is very important and this allows us to have everything kept in one secured location so it's easily found and accessible for not only our organization and our board, but also our auditors. I find that creating the agenda and being able to copy agendas is much more efficient than my previous system. I especially like that I can set up the actions ahead of time (if they are known) so they are ready for voting. That has also been a great factor with increasing efficiency. I can't forget the training. I was delighted to learn my board had training available to them and I didn't have to do the take on that role. The last thing I really like are the tasks. This feature keeps me from constantly emailing reminders to board members.

Cons

Just as I had several things I really liked, I have a few things that I don't. I hope to see these implemented in the future. It's inconvenient that I can't attach more than one action item to a specific section of the agenda. Often times our board will have a motion/action during the meeting that wasn't known ahead of time. This may not be linked to a specific section on their part of the agenda, but rather their overall report. They may not even have subsections. This has created a nuisance and has cost us valuable time. I have to create a subsection then create the action. This has created a longer process than our old way and causes the board to wait on me to add it. So having the ability to add an additional action item to a section would be ideal. I also don't like I can't sort my action items with the most recent on top. I have to either do a search and hope I'm using the right words, or I have to keep going from page to page. Lastly, when I set up the meeting as the admin, I don't get the email notification so I can accept the meeting and put it on my calendar. My work around was to download the app on my cell phone and accept it that way. It would be nice to have that feature on my desktop so the meetings go directly to my calendar when I make them visible.

Barbara

Fast, Efficient, Intuitive

Prior to using OnBoard, Board meeting preparation used to take an entire day to assemble hard copy books, plus the cost of all the paper and three ring notebooks. I can now upload the materials and finalize the Board books in 60 - 90 minutes. In addition, hard copy books had to either be hand delivered by college personnel, or shipped UPS, especially if a member was traveling. The use of OnBoard eliminated the need for all that. Plus, the Board members appreciate not having all those accumulated books to contend with.

Pros

OnBoard is very user-friendly for both the administrator and the user. This feature is especially important for users who have various levels of comfort and expertise with technology. Our college switched to OnBoard in October 2014, and before that our Board meeting books were produced on paper. OnBoard has streamlined the Board meeting preparation process, and I like the ability to make last minute changes to the materials, to which the users have access immediately. Using OnBoard is also much more convenient for those members who may be traveling; they can log into their Board materials on any device from anywhere. In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, OnBoard quickly created a Zoom/OnBoard interface that allows users to long into Zoom through OnBoard, and eliminate the need for two devices. The OnBoard team reacted quickly to provide a convenient solution for a pesky problem.

Cons

Integration with our existing processes was not difficult. OnBoard provided online training to the administrators, and because the software is easy to use, it did not require multiple training sessions. OnBoard has continued to refine and add other features, some of which I cannot use since ours is a public board. The only thing I would change would be to allow an entire group of members to be blocked from viewing a section. Currently, I only have the option to block individuals. A bit inconvenient, but by no means a deal breaker. And that will probably be corrected in a future software update.

Reasons for choosing OnBoard

The two criteria in which I was most interested were user-friendly, intuitive software with a reasonable price. I wanted a software that offered the features I needed, but not so feature-heavy that made it difficult to use and would unnecessarily drive up the price. OnBoard checked off all boxes.

Heather