• icon"Actually creating processes takes some time, but mainly because of how much automation can be built into the system. The pricing is very straightforward and very fair for the features provided."
  • icon"The minimalism of the UI makes it so much nicer to look at. Ease of access and use is also pretty awesome."
  • icon"Metatask has great project management starting templates that accelerated the process of creating our own project managmement platform according to our own internal project management requirements."
  • icon"Zapier integration is incredible to make action on other software, but it is limited the option with Metatask."
  • icon"Terminology and how its used is a bit of a learning curve. No app for mobile device."

Browse all Metatask Reviews

• Have you used Metatask and would like to share your experience with others?

Kunal

One of the best task management tools I've used personally.

Pros

Cons

By default, it sends way too many notifications via email. Easily fixed in settings though, so not a huge problem.

Response from Metatask

Thanks a lot for your feedback! We are very happy that you liked our product. In regards to email notifications - we going to adjust our default settings to send less of these to new users. Thanks for a suggestion.

Replied November 2017

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

If you need to get employees to consistently follow ANY process, check out Metatask

The support level is almost super human. They respond with answers and solutions very quickly and are always open to customer feedback and feature requests. We mainly use the software to make sure that our Operations people follow a consistent process. It also allows them to suggest improvements and then see exactly where their suggestion goes and they can feedback at the end of the review process. It connects them with the business more closely and they feel they are being listened to. We have only deployed this about 45 days ago, but I can only see us adding more and more processes. We don't include our sales staff in Metatask at the moment, but we take on the added expense because of how well it works and how much time it saves and how many mistakes it prevents. This may not be an exact fit for your needs, but it is easily worth the time to go through a trial and figure that out. For us it was near perfect. Highly recommended; one of the best improvements we've made to workflow in 13 years of being in business.

Pros

Very straightforward to set up "Templates" for processes. Very easy to set up users and groups (allowing processes to be quickly updated when staff changes). Actually creating processes takes some time, but mainly because of how much automation can be built into the system. The pricing is very straightforward and very fair for the features provided.

Cons

The website interface is great and very well executed, however, I wish there was a mobile app, just so that I could set up notifications on the tablets we have distributed to our manufacturing staff. There is not currently the ability to display some fields while hiding others based on a previous answer within the same task step, but I believe this is a feature that is being worked, and it is pretty easy to get around.

Reasons for choosing Metatask

Feature set versus price was a large factor in deciding to go with Metatask, as was the level of support I received during my free trial. The level of support has not changed as I transitioned into a paying customer.

Response from Metatask

Thanks for a great feedback! Conditional form fields are already planned among some other great features for this year!

Replied January 2020

To simple

This is neutral for me. I think it is good option for non complicated tasks in teams. It is very bad for tasks which containes very complicated tascs conneced with many files.

Pros

Nice, clear and brigt look. Very useful group chat in one task. Very useful option is also that this is connected with date and hour of modification.

Cons

Lack of possibility to add files connected with task to share them with others - it would be very useful.

Response from Metatask

Hello there! Sorry to hear you were not able to configure your process to share files the way you wanted. Metatask have multiple options for collecting and sharing files and documents between process or task participants (file attachments in task comments, file attachments in data form). We would be happy to help you configuring your workflow the right way for sharing files - please just contact us in support chat within Metatask app.

Replied November 2017

Mike

Excellent tool for managing workflows

Does what it sets out to do very well, and is very reasonably priced.

Pros

Sharp focus on a simple, visual, intuitive way to manage workflows / business processes. It's very easy to get started and the tool is easy to use and understand. Like the Office 365 option for authentication and the integration with Slack for notifications. The ability to group steps, implement approvals, configure conditional steps, set up user roles is all very useful and straightforward to implement.

Cons

No way to link multiple processes together

Reasons for switching to Metatask

Was trying to use Slack workflows but couldn't do approvals or conditional steps. Also very little visibility to Slack workflows and no way to reassign steps.

Using Metatask for about a year to manage all our admin processes.

I can take my iPhone and quickly check the status of all things going on, at a glance. This gives me a great peace of mind. Employees now have a good understanding what and when needs to be done, they see every step and who is responsible. We are saving tons of time without syncing-up in emails as before.

Pros

I was looking for a way to systematize our HR and IT-related processes like onboarding people, terminations, leave requests, clients setup etc. Metatask has light and clean user interface and it was easy to setup all my workflows; inside the app they look like a list of steps that needs to be done. Setting due dates: I like the flexibility to use business or calendar days and to have customized holidays schedule. Available tasks inbox: I like to assign tasks to departments instead of specific employees, we have more than one person who can handle HR and IT related tasks and this was very handy. Chat tool: I like that comments when added appear instantly, like in Slack or Skype, we use it for a quick chat about tasks. Zapier: using it to send emails from a process and save documents to G-drive. Forms: I like how forms are used to collect and transfer data from task to task.

Cons

After a year of using we feel a need for more advanced features: conditions to exclude or include some tasks, some way to have request/approval workflows. Definitely, needs at least some reports and export to CSV or Excel.

Response from Metatask

Thanks for a great feedback! A lot had changed since 2017 - all features you've mentioned in "Cons" are already available to all our users! Even on our basic plan you can use advanced features like Reports, Conditions, Nested tasks and many more!

Nicola

Vary useful and easy to use

Pros

Easy to use, fast setup, great integration with external software, document integration

Cons

No mobile application and push notification (I know it is possible to use Slack, but push notification is better) Zapier integration is incredible to make action on other software, but it is limited the option with Metatask. For example could be good to search task and automatically complete the task when something happen in other software

Reasons for choosing Metatask

Easy to use and document integration

Amer

Industry: Capital Markets

Simple Workflow Tool

It helped us mainstream all requests to the marketing department, manage the process and control work progress

Pros

It's a pure workflow tool. While for other tools, you need to bend the system to create a workflow functionality, MetaTask is designed for this.

Cons

I wouldn't say so. We had suggestions for functionality and the team addressed them promptly.

Response from Metatask

Thanks for a feedback Amer! Looking forward to empower your team with even more great features!

Sofia

Simple BPM tool with great support

Metatask has been a win for the 20% of the operational/process-related work our cross-functional team addresses. Communication, operational efficiency, and transparency has improved since we started using Metatask.

Pros

Metatask improves our operation efficiency by making sure that no-one is assigned a task unless the needed information is shared, and that task assignees is notified once there's something for them to do.

Cons

UX could be better in some particular scenarios (i.e., finding functionality), but this is mitigated by the fact that the Support and Product team are readily available on the chat bot.

Response from Metatask

Thank you for taking time and writing review! We have plans to improve search and few improvements are already available in a latest version.

Replied December 2018

looked at bunch of process software and this really works for us

allows us to track and standardize processes

Pros

clean interface, intuitive, lots of functionality, affordable - and some good zapier integrations that let you schedule tasks

Cons

The only thing I might change is that I would like to be able to complete process at any point in the process (currently if there is a decision point mid-process that would end the process, the user still must complete all of the remaining steps to "complete" the process.

Response from Metatask

Thanks for reviewing us! We plan to add a way to complete processes at any time without completing all tasks. In a meantime an easy workaround is to delete all tasks not planned for completion and process will become completed.

Replied July 2018

Nathan

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great User Experience

Pros

- Does almost everything it needs to do, and nothing that it doesn't - Forms are satisfying and workflows are easy to build

Cons

- Would be nice to have a "read only" group - Would be nice to add new fields on a template that default to something other than editable.

Kenneth

Impressed by Customer Service

Consistency is directly tied to efficiency and Metatask helps me provide the same information to my team every time so they can set up clients successfully every time. When I run into obstacles or have a question, customer service has been awesome in getting answers. They even made me a video to visually explain an answer. That alone made this purchase a great value.

Pros

Workflow Automation made simple and pretty easy to understand Really nice fit for small and micro-business organizations Process dashboard allows user to stay on top of several processes at once Assigning tasks to people based on role in the process saves a lot of time and prevents confusion about "who does what" Using conditions and form data creates almost unlimited applications for this service Combined with Zapier, this is almost a "must have" package for small business Customer Service and Support is Excellent!

Cons

Markup and formatting options leaves a bit to be desired Terminology and how its used is a bit of a learning curve No app for mobile device No option to print checklist (or "process")

Reasons for choosing Metatask

Services provided for monetary consideration made Metatask the best value in my research.

Response from Metatask

Kenneth, Thanks for a great feedback! Printing of processes is something we plan to improve going forward.

Jurgen

Metatask on the rise!

Metatask is by far one of the most promising process creation tools I've come across. It's obvious that this product is still being developed, so don't expect a lot of whistles and bells and be aware that some features are currently missing. But a lot of them are on the 2017 roadmap. What I like most so far is the very clean and easy to use interface, the fact that a lot of options for creating templates and forms are already available and very intuitive, the fact that Metatask is becoming popular on Zapier, which will only help increase the possibilities of the tool and last but not least: the great support you get. Of course, it's obvious that for some things, you have to find your own workaround, until the product is finished, but for me, it makes it more challenging and more fun because it stimulates your creativity. Metatask is definitely worth trying and a tool to keep an eye on in 2017.

Pros

Very intuitive. Clean interface. Good logic. Great support.

Cons

No clear view of upcoming features. Not much information about the company or people behind it. No beginner to advanced tutorial.

Peter

Exactly what I needed to manage an SEO business

Pros

I have tried every project management tool, Asana, Flow, Trello, Jira and they just were either too simple or too complicated for a SEO/digital marketing business. Recurring tasks/templates makes up such a big part of the business and it's great to have Metatask take care of it all. Business Processes are documented but also converted to task lists which is what i was looking for. Still on the trial but for only a month, this is a steal.

Cons

I would really love to see subtasks be implemented in templates. Trying to be detailed in my templates means I just end up with either a lot of 'main' tasks or I just have to put all that information in the task description

Response from Metatask

Peter, thank you for a great feedback! Sub-tasks are coming soon - stay tuned!

Replied March 2018

Pablo

We have transformed our internal workflows thanks to Metatask & their team

We have streamlined our workflows regarding our sales & purchasing department. We have significantly reduced miscommunication & increased our response time for our sales team and our clients.

Pros

One of the most intuitive services I've ever used, administered and deployed. Metatask really shines for administrators with its ready to deploy templates and their configuration. Managing workflows has never been easier. It also shines due to the fact that there's a very low learning curve for users so deployment in a medium to large organization is trouble-free

Cons

Metatask is a very new and promising service so there's some details on that front. That being said the roadmap for new features seems to cover many of these limitations. Please integrate a reporting feature!

Serge

A very good task / process management tool for SMEs

After reviewing over 20 tools, if found that most of them had user experience problems, they were just too hard to figure out and would require to train our users. Metatask is focus on one thing and does it well with an intuitive interface, easy integration via Zapier. There is still a few important features missing for us but I'm confident that they will get added in the near future. A big thumbs up!

Pros

Simple, easy to learn and use! Well designed UI. Easy integration via Zapier! Access to a Trial.

Cons

1.05 lacks Google auth and Google G suite integration. The ability to populate form data from a predefined list or via Zapier.

Naiche

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Simple but pretty versatile

I still haven't implemented Metatask so I cannot say for sure how well it actually work in a production setting.

Pros

I like that Metatask has simplified the process of creating process in an online tool, all while maintaining a great set of features. Other platforms make it too complicated to create and maintain complex processes.

Cons

The platform is still pretty limited in what it does, especially in the area of reporting. But, it does play with Zapier so you can use Zapier to fill in some of those gaps.

Response from Metatask

Thanks for taking time to write a review! Reports will be here very soon, Jan-Feb 2019. And they look great!

Replied December 2018