All Ruttl Reviews

Joe

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

Best App for Getting Feedback on Live Websites

I love the clean and modern design, which is a joy to use and boosts my image with my clients. I like that my clients have been able to use it with almost no instruction... but there has been some confusion from my clients on how to do a few things, for example, to find and work off the latest revision. Also, there was a time where I didn't get any notifications that my client made comments... but I believe that was rectified.

PROS

Has all the features needed to collaborate with clients on web design, including point and click to add comments on live website elements. Clients can collaborate as guests, but get more features if they login. As an agency, it can be white-labeled with a custom domain. As actual website revisions are made, ruttl can add revisions so that clients are commenting on the latest revision, not an outdated website.

CONS

It's new, so some of the features are still getting worked out. But ruttl has been fast to acknowledge and usually fix any issues. I believe it's getting mature.

Reason for choosing Ruttl

Way cheaper, better looks, more targeted at exactly what I need, which is website design review & collaboration.

Reasons for switching to Ruttl

Markup.io is still developing, slowly. ruttl has the live edit feature and a few more features than markup.io. And it feels like ruttl is developing quickly and has an active, fast-moving, serious team behind it.

Stephen

Textiles, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Very Promissing But Not Great As of Now

I started to try it after I bought it 2 months ago. Guest now can comment via your sharable link without needing to sign up. It's a good thing. While they need to register their accounts on Ruttl when they want to save their editing. Sync is realtime, I can see comments from guests or collaborators. But it's also buggy as of now. I hope they can address it soon. One more thing, if they can add multiple translations and get rid of direct Google API, it would be great.

PROS

- Modern and Clean UI - Easy-to-use UX and guide tour - Live site editing feature

CONS

- Not working on Firefox, always loading. Then I have to use Chrome - Sometimes the inspect tool would choose wrong tag, then editing wouldn't work - Buggy: - It can't handle some special elements for example "Back to Top" button, the comment box will be covered by your OS status bar when you click it. - Replace Image often not working, sometime it will leave blank after you set a image. And it seems that SVG/WebP even PNG images are not well supported yet. - It seems that Ruttl relys on Google's API, so it's almost impossible to use in China.

Reason for choosing Ruttl

Promissing product with clean and modern UI. I am afraid of Markup.io may start to switch to monthly suscription. So I got Ruttl as a backup.

Reasons for switching to Ruttl

Picter is mostly a visual review tool that I purchased half a year ago. It has a pen tool which is great. But the development is slow and it's mainly for images and videos. So I decided to switch to other tools. Ruttl came to my eyes 2 months ago. It seems that it has a wonderful team and they don't reply on it so much to survive because it's a side project. This could be a good thing or a bad thing.

⚡️ Evan

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2024

What a joke. Don't buy. Full with bugs, terrible customer support.

PROS

Looked like a good alternative to usepastel

CONS

The customer support was terrible. The response times were way too long and they deleted all of our customer data in trying to resolve an issue. They then proceeded to charge my card more than the pricing I signed up for. Run the other direction. It's not worth your time. The customer support reps clearly don't care enough to put the effort in.

Ludovic

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

Don't waste your time redesigning for real, Ruttl is faking it for you!

For any modern agency or freelancer who wishes to offer an extraordinary experience of creating or redesigning a website to its clients, Ruttl is the tool that has become essential. Where previously incomprehension or doubts could arise between the professional and the client, thanks to Ruttl, all this takes off: Ruttl helps the client to be understood, but also helps the professional to imagine the result. to the client. With Ruttl, sketches and tests are now easy, without ever wasting time setting them up for real unnecessarily. On top of that, the support team is responsive and attentive to their customers, so I highly recommend.

PROS

Unlimited projects Unlimited pages Unlimited collaborators Edit mode Comment mode Unlimited team member/user team Custom branding

CONS

Ruttl is only available in English for now, I hope the team will allow to have a custom platform.

Kendra

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2022

Ruttl is a Game Changer

I have been working with a team of designers on a project for the past few months and we have used the Ruttl tool for communication. It allows us to share feedback on our project with each other and the client in a way that is easy to understand for everyone involved. If we have questions about the project, the team is able to answer them quickly and effectively. I love that it is a tool that is easy to use and is always available to use on demand.

PROS

My favorite features are the comments mode (love video comments, btw), live edits, and mobile reviews. But more than that, I love being able to present a website in such a collaborative way to clients. Everything is easy to keep track of and everyone feels like their voice is heard during review sessions. Further, if someone can't make it to the meeting, they can log in later to leave comments. Invaluable!

CONS

I honestly can't think of anything I didn't like. I've used it for three websites now, and didn't feel frustrated for any of them..

Anthony

Efficient and Effective Collaboration

PROS

The software is so easy to use and implement for our clients. It solved our headache of emailing back and forth revisions from clients. Now, we have a software that records everything we need in 1 place. The customer support is very active as well.

CONS

The only integration that is missing (for us that we want) as of 12-8-2021 is Clickup. However, it's on their roadmap. Looking forward to them adding it.

Cost and user experience

Francisco

Reviewed June 2022

Absolutely necessary

Amazing! Support is really helpful and it even has a slack channel!

PROS

It cuts time in half and gives you the ability to receive all the feedback from your client in a very clear way, avoiding mistakes, misunderstanding. It even integrates with slack! You can upload images directly to the app and also screen record to make feedback even clearer.

CONS

Its only in English, so if you or your clients or team don't speak it, its kind of difficult to use it.

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Great love feedback tool

Ruttl is a great product that I use for collaboration with clients and freelancers. The support team is very responsive to questions and feedback.

PROS

Well thought out product with great support - Great Ul/UX - Ease of use -Collaboration - White label - Custom domain

CONS

They need to add more integrations like Zapier, Plutio, Figma, Loom etc. In todays world integrations are one of the most important features.

Kenichiro

Graphic Design, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Long sought app for website feedback loop

We've been using Figma for the design part, but no relevant software for HTML does not exist as far as I know. Ruttle resolved my headache.

PROS

No need to export the screenshot; everything related review/feedback tasks for building a website can be handled in a single suite. Just amazing.

CONS

Comments (mentioned to me) should be displayed in a place.

Edison Augusto

Reviewed December 2021

Great product for customer corrections

it is an excellent product, which has become very necessary in the design stage of all my websites to receive the corrections of the clients

PROS

I can assign a project to a client, upload all the sections in jpg format of their website and share the link of the project so that they can send me the corrections easily!

CONS

They need to improve the experience on cell phones a bit

Cristopher

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Good tool, very useful and with improvements

I think it's a good product, with many improvements, but without a doubt it has become an important tool in our work, especially lately with remote work. The team's response times are good but could be improved, although I understand that it is partly due to the time difference. I would recommend it without a problem and more so because lately they have focused on adding new functions and it seems that they are making a heavy hand to the product.

PROS

The best things about it are: - Allow interaction with created websites and pdfs of designs proposed to clients - Ease for customers to let us know their comments on each section - When you're connected to it, real-time notifications that someone commented - Being able to tag in the comments is great - The versioning and history is great

CONS

What I don't like and should improve: - Email notifications when someone comments, practically nothing ever arrives and you should be checking the panel - Remove ruttl product promotions from the dashboard, customers do not understand when we invite them to comment, if they have to click on their advertising or what's up (I know, but there are customers of all kinds) - Allow access to a project without previous registration when it is shared, since it is forced and some clients do not enjoy forcing them to register. - It does not have integrations with platforms like Pabbly or others outside of Zapier which is very expensive.

Ricardo

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Time Saver!

As a Digital agency owner, time is my must valuable asset. Having clients commenting directly in a Design and not in a Work Document is time saving for everyone envolved. It takes off the weight and communicate directly with my creative team. So much easier to delegate.

PROS

- Scroll page on Hover - Review Both Images and Websites - Mobile and Desktop views work seamlessly - The fact that you can hide below menu and work with a clean view its a plus. - You can "add latest version" without losing the anterior version... Time saving. - Support answers you fast

CONS

It was slow at first but they upgraded now and it's working fine.

Reason for choosing Ruttl

It's a Saas and also have image reviewing, not only Website.

Reasons for switching to Ruttl

Too Buggy and new versions all the time...

Jill

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed June 2022

An affordable collaborative solution for smaller agencies or freelancers

I have been so pleased with my decision to use Ruttl with clients. The ability to easily share designs with clients where they can mark up/comment on them has been invaluable. I have not used the bug tracking feature and cannot comment on that.

PROS

I was looking for a budget-friendly alternative to UserSnap and I found it with this software. As a very small agency with a limited amount of projects per year, the price of this tool allows us to offer solutions that often only larger agencies have access to.

CONS

When I began using this software it was in beta mode, and the UI was a little confusing. I wasn't confident that my clients would adopt the tool if it was anything but totally user-friendly. Over time, the team has made continuous improvements and has communicated these changes via email.

Reason for choosing Ruttl

Ruttl was in beta mode at the time and offered as a one-time purchase model on appsumo.

Reasons for switching to Ruttl

I think Usersnap is also a wonderful product, we just couldn't work it into our small agency budget.

Cameron

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2022

Ruttl is probably the best solution out there!

Very good

PROS

How simple it is to use. My clients intuitively knew what to do without me having to onboard them to the product.

CONS

I think linking of live website pages could be easier? Instead of linking individually there could be an option to link all pages associated with a live website domain. It would be easier generally to remove the ones you don’t need rather than to add individual pages.

Reason for choosing Ruttl

Price and the fact that it’s a stand alone product instead of a plugin for a Wordpress site.

1 employee

Reviewed August 2021

Feels not ready yet

PROS

I like the modern and simple design of Ruttl and the features that make it easier for me to actively work on a website (or design) with my clients. I send them an invitation and they can then add comments to the design in real time, and I can respond.

CONS

I would like to use Ruttl more often, but it doesn't feel good enough yet. A problem where one of my web pages cannot be displayed on Ruttl has been going on for over a month. I have been promised that they will take care of it and give me an update, but I can't put my customers off until then. So I have to (unfortunately) switch to other tools where it works. I really hope that Ruttl will bring more stability in the future, before new functions are released, because first of all the main product should work properly.

Nazim

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Ruttl is a great feedback tool I started using lately

PROS

Ruttl is really simple and easy to use. I love the UI and feedback tool window. My clients can give feedback on any element easily.

CONS

Everything is good so far. I don't see any downside yet :)

Kanesha

Design, 2-10 employees

Worth the purchase

PROS

It’s easy to collaborate with clients which speeds up the design process. You can edit the code directly from the platform.

CONS

It’s a newer platform so there are some bugs. This is to be expected. But the team is awesome about fixing quickly.

Sabari Prakash