• Pros

• "It is easy and affordable. It was simple to set up and provided an easy to use interface for my clients."

• "I can not say enough good things about this software. It has simplified my business so much. It is very useful for invoicing, contracts signatures, and bookkeeping. "

• "We like that it is very easy to get quotes to our customers and easy for customers to say yes! Most of the time we send a quote we get a yes!"

• Cons

• "The accounting is lacking, but it's not meant to be a primary accounting software. It has the ability to sync with Quickbooks Online which works."

• "Some of the features are still being developed, but it does exactly what is advertised. It has some kinks to work out though."

• "My experience has been positive so far. Took me a little while to learn, but worth the investment. "

Browse 17hats Reviews

William from Third Hatch Inc

Small business owners wear a lot of hats, this helps to manage many of them easily

This truly lives up to its name. I'm not sure how many hats it helps me with as a small business owner, but it sure is close to 17. It saves me time on a daily basis by automating my contracts, invoices, and payment acceptance. I heartily recommend this to anyone who needs a little more time to do work of their business rather than the business of the business.

Pros

Allows me to create invoices and automate monthly billing. Separates billable work by project. Supports multiple users. Integrates with several payment gateways to automate payments. Handles invoice reminders. Helps with prospecting by providing web publishable intake forms. Includes workflow designs that automate and track projects by stages. One huge thing this has done for us is to streamline the quote to contract to invoice process. Each is handled and triggered by the previous step. We create quotes and upon acceptance the agreement is sent. Upon electronic signature of the agreement the invoice is created and sent. It provides some lightweight bookkeeping features but also integrates with Quickbooks Online.

Cons

We deal with some billing that requires calculation in sub-penny increments and the billing suite performs rounding errors because it cannot calculate below 2 decimal places. I also wish there were a full api for lead intake. The lead forms work well, but cannot be styled to match the landing pages we use for inbound marketing.

Nancy from Nancy Cavillones Virtual Assistance

Industry: Publishing

The Potential Is There!

I was looking for a platform that could serve several functions at a reasonable price point. I found it in 17 Hats, and Im always learning something new.

Pros

Its comprehensive. I was looking for an all-in-one solution for booking, invoicing, and workflow management.

Cons

The Booking function doesnt have all the features you see in other booking platforms such as manual scheduling and schedule blocking. Its a little clunky but I believe its still being developed.

Reasons for Choosing 17hats

Price point and I was already familiar with it.

Calypso from Calypso Rae Photography

Easy to use and very functional

Overall worked well, just lacked features I needed.

Pros

Cons

Lacked features like lead tracking which is key for my business. It just seemed very entry level and while it worked at first, I needed more features.

Price and ease

Our customers love it!

The biggest problem that has been solved is making it easy for customers to buy.

Pros

Cons

That they don't have built in templates for our industry. This would be extremely helpful so we don't have to create what we need.

Kimberly from ContentPark

Don't Pay for This Annual Service

Nice folks answer questions, but they've just missed the bar on so much.

Pros

I like that they attempted to put everything all in one place and make life easier for an entrepreneur.

Cons

The site itself is cumbersome. Finding what you should be working on, seeing all your projects at a glance, moving around is frustrating. The invoices don't come with an automatic reminder feature that you can just "click" on...way too much setup for a subpar product. This is definitely one made for people who are NEW to business and business software. So many more SAAS products out there doing a better job. How do you now have recurring revenue as a feature? That's fundamental. So then you're chasing people for invoices to be paid. No one wants that. Also, they make you pay for a full year. And refuse to honor if you are slightly outside of the 30-day refund window. And now they have your money for 11 more months. Not a good customer service model.

Camila from Camilla Photography

Brings Everything Together

Before using 17Hats, I had documents all over the place and my business felt very unprofessional. 17hats helped me get everything in one place and add my branding to each document. Now I can see all of my projects in one place, see who needs what, and very easily send invoices, contracts , questionnaires and other documents that are branded and professional. I also have it setup to send emails automatically. Its been a big timesaver and game changer for my business. I cant imagine running my business without it.

Pros

What I love most about 17hats is how much time it saves me by gathering my emails, invoices, contracts and banking all in once place. And it helps me send professional looking documents to my clients and connects to my square account.

Cons

It took quite a bit of time to set up, but once I understood it, I was glad I didnt give up on it.

Reasons for Choosing 17hats

I didnt know about other studio management software programs when I started with 17hats, but now there are many. I feel no need to look into them because 17hats is working so well for me. I have no complaints or reason to look elsewhere.

Mindy from Mindy Iannelli, LLC

Industry: Graphic Design

Truly a game changer for my business!

My business is much more productive without having to spend a lot of time on proposals, contracts and invoices. Knowing where each project is in the timeline is very helpful and keeps our projects flowing smoothly.

Pros

17hats is very easy to use - once you get the hang of it. Some aspects are a bit confusing to figure out, but their customer support is amazing and always there to help! Keeping track of invoices and timelines is super easy now and the bookkeeping feature keeps me on top of my finances easier than ever! The lead generation tool is very useful, allowing us to keep track of potential clients in 17hats right from the start without any extra steps.

Cons

There are some limitations, such as not being able to edit a recurring invoice. When a price changed for a client I had to delete the recurring invoice and create a new one instead of just being able to change the pricing, which I thought was a bit of a time waster. Also, not being able to schedule the invoice for a date in the future would definitely help so I could do things on my time.

Randi from JaxInsight

One stop Organization of Business

When we first started we had to log into 5-6 different websites to access different business solutions and it felt impossible to remember everything. 17hats has helped us from feeling overwhelmed with all the different aspects of running a small business. It's like having a personal assistant to keep you on track.

Pros

Having one place for our invoicing, bookkeeping, calendars & workflows has helped us tremendously. We definitely feel like fewer things get overlooked because it is all right there in the same place.

Cons

It would be helpful to have some options to better organize the document & email section. Maybe a folder feature so we can go in and edit the email templates from there instead of through an active workflow. This would be helpful when we need to just find all the emails in regards to a specific type of workflow to make overall changes.

Reasons for Choosing 17hats

They seemed to best fit our needs at the time for a price we found reasonable.

Carmen from Hamilton County Department of Education

Monetize Your Small Business Faster

The customer service is great. My overall experience over the past three years has been that this is a life saver for my business. One of the best investments that I have made in my business thus far.

Pros

17hats has become a "must have" in my small business. It allows me to easily acquire and follow up on leads with forms that embed easily into my website. The workflows help me to create systems and processes for client onboarding and support. The contracts, canned emails and so much more make it a completely robust, but easy to use system for any service business.

Cons

The only con is that you cannot whitelabel your 17hats website. I prefer a whitelabel option.

Sheila from iTutorU

17hats

The business problem solved is that it does invoicing, it does contracts, and sends reminder emails.

Pros

Cons

I do not have any cons at all!! So glad this is available and affordable.

Anne from Victory Editing

Overall, I like 17Hats, but it's not the all-in-one app I'd hoped for.

Organization. As someone with Attention Deficit Disorder, I rely on my tools to stay on track with my business. 17Hats helps immensely with that. I just wish it was the one app (one app to rule them all!) I'd love to consolidate apps. Saving the money would be nice, but more importantly, I'd like to not have to constantly switch between apps to perform different functions. Still, though, 17Hats is great even used just as a project management tool.

Pros

The workflows. If you have multi-step projects, 17Hats is awesome for organization. It's saved my bacon more than once by reminding me that I'd not completed a particular step. I also like the lead integration and email integration (see above about bacon saving).

Cons

I'd love to be able to ditch my time-tracking software (Freckle) and invoicing / accounting software (Freshbooks), but I just can't at this point. I actually adore Freckle, so they'd have to work hard to beat that, but even compared to Freshbooks time tracking, 17Hats stinks in that aspect. Very clunky. Regarding invoicing / bookkeeping, I have a couple of main complaints, but they're big ones: 1a) You can't let clients have multiple payment options. You can implement Stripe, for instance, or PayPal. But you cannot have both active at the same time. 1b) Which leads me to the next issue. Payment method is global, not per client. So if you credit cards, for instance, so that clients use ACH transfers (thus saving fees), that's site-wide. But say you have an international client or a client who wants to use PayPal? You have to change your payment method FOR EVERYONE. Granted, it's one click of the button, but meanwhile, anyone paying an invoice is getting option B instead of option A. 2) Profit / Loss Report: This is critical, but you cannot run the whole year and have it broken down by month. To see each month, you have to generate a new report. Freshbooks allows quarterly, yearly, and custom date ranges with a month-to-month total and grand total all on ONE SCREEN. So while I'm using 17Hats and don't plan to stop, I really wish they'd get their act together when it comes to the bookkeeping aspect of the software. It's not there yet.

Jessica from Florida Virtual Bookkeeper LLC

A full-featured project management system

I tested a variety of practice management SaaS products specific for accounting firms and none came close to impressing me like 17Hats did with its combination of features that I needed and a competitive price. This is impressive given that 17Hats isn't designed for bookkeeping firms! Since I have implemented my efficiency has improved greatly, I get more done in less time and nothing falls through the cracks.

Pros

I love how easy this program makes it for me to keep track of all steps of my workflows for all of my projects from the initial lead capture all the way through the completion of the project. The workflow templates make new client onboarding a standardized and efficient process while still giving me the flexibility to adjust to the project's specific needs. The lifecycle gives me an easy at-a-glance status of each project. The calendar and e-mail integration means that all client communications are in one place and I never double book myself. I really like being able to automate the proposal, contract signing, invoice process. I have only been using this for 2 months and I feel like I have only scratched the surface of what it can do. Customer service is quick to respond, friendly and professional.

Cons

While I overall love this service, there are some things to be desired. There is no phone support available but their e-mail/chat support has been food so far. The mobile app is very limited in features and glitchy and from what I've seen they are not planning on improve it now that their website is mobile responsive. There are very few integrations, I would love it they could support Zapier. The client portal is a nice concept but I am not using it because it doesn't have the features I need. Their bookkeeping feature is a joke but I guess it's better than nothing for a freelancer that may otherwise not do any bookkeeping.

Angela from Pink Warrior Makeup Artistry

17Hats has helped me run 4 businesses at once!!

The software allows really any business to capture leads, create quotes, contracts and invoices (along with payment plans) and collect payments. It is very simple to use and you can run several different businesses within the platform without additional cost. They add new functions quite often and have amazing customer service.

Pros

I started with 17Hats when they were fairly new and I haven't been disappointed. The cost for the software is excellent especially since I can run as many different businesses with different names and accounts etc as I want. I love that they added a client portal as I was almost going to switch to something that did. Document creation is very easy as well as having clients pay through the portal electronically. I have recommended this for many people as it really is geared for many different types of businesses.

Cons

Sometimes it can run a bit slow - but that is very infrequently now. I would like for the client portal to be more than just a viewing area for clients. It does seem that the more businesses you have on here, it takes a little longer to load. But overall none of these are deal breakers!

Joseph from Kashurba Web Design Group, LLC

The closest thing I've seen to killing all the birds with one stone.

It allowed us to start accepting online payments for invoices and e-signatures proposals. Also, it allowed us to make proposal templates, invoice templates and email templates that can be sent out with a few clicks-- saves us a ton of time!

Pros

17hats does a lot of things (and well!) all within one platform-- proposals with e-signatures, invoices with online payments (via Stripe), bookkeeping, to-do lists and much more. Plus, you can save templates for everything (from proposals to invoices to emails) so you can templatize your whole business, and you can create automated workflows where you can do things like have an email sent out or a task created when a proposal is signed. I've recommended 17hats to many web designers and digital agency owners and use it myself every day. It's perfect for an individual or small team.

Cons

If you have a team, you might still need a project management software. It's not very sophisticated when it comes to assigning tasks and working on things as a team. In our business (a web design and digital marketing agency), we use 17hats to manage all the back office operations, but we still have a project management platform that we use to actually manage projects.

Steph from oh my designs by steph

Couldn't do business without it!

Overall, super happy. I've been using for a few years now and am locked in at a great rate. The user interface isn't as pretty as some of the competitors softwares, but it gets the job done and keeps everything organized.

Pros

It has streamlined everything from client inquiry to payment and everything in between! I love that I can send clients a bundle with their quote, contract, and invoice. I use workflows to keep each project organized. My clients also love it and have commented on how easy it is to use from their side.

Cons

There is no way to pull reports/data. I'd like to be able to see how many inquiries came in, turned to bookings, sales figures, etc within certain time frames. I would also appreciate a way to see data from questionnaires. Specifically, I have inquires fill in "where did you hear about me" and it would be great to pull those answers and gather data.

Danielle from DaniMagestro.com

17hats is an all in one system that lacks a few integral things

Overall it's worth it to have emails and client documents in one system. It's easy enough for the clients to use too. It's pretty slick but I don't feel like it's truly an all-in-one system. If it had a built in scheduler or worked with Acuity, plus was more like Xero for financials, I'd be happy!

Pros

I love how easy it is to send an agreement, questionnaire, and invoice to a new client. Everyone raves at how much they love my clients systems because it's so easy to use. It makes booking in new clients a breeze.

Cons

17hats falls short on the bookeeping and financials. I find it's not robust enough to really even help me keep track of my money. I end up having to use outside financial systems like Xero or GoDaddy Outright because of this. The added expense isn't fun.

Lee'Ann from Social Vibe Marketing, Inc.

Great platform for all businesses

Pros

There are many pros to 17hats - first, you can try this for free for a month to get a feel for the platform and test out all of the functionalities. It's easy to workflows, integrate email, quotes, invoices, contracts - and you can easily sign off to accept a quote and contract right on the platform.

Cons

I did have some cons when I first used 17hats a few years ago, and stopped for about 6 months and came back after trying something else out. In that time, they had made a bunch of upgrades to the platform and made it much easier to set up new projects and organize all of your documents within each project. As of right now, I don't have any cons using 17hats.

Angel from Stages Of Change Center, LLC

Almost perfect Client management system

I love the support that I get. They are always updating and adding new features and the tutorials are so helpful as well. Great software...it has transformed by business in the past year...Can't imagine my life without it!

Pros

I LOVE almost everything about 17hats. I expect that the "almost" will fall off in the coming year. 17hats nearly meets and exceeds all my needs. I love the automation possiblities, the ability to track information, the auto population features that save me Tons of time! al

Cons

The lack of a scheduling feature...However, I believe this is something they are working on. I am praying that it will include a feature that allows for classes and for multiple people to be able to be signed up for a single class. As of now I have to use another software, but I am hopeful that one day it will meet all my needs.

Maija from Maija Martin Photography, LLC

Industry: Photography

I like it, but I'm not in love.

I've found that customer service is overall pretty good. I'm surprised that people have said it's not great. I've always gotten ahold of real people. I do feel that this software is still being built up and they are constantly making improvements. I'm hoping they read these reviews to have more direction on where to take it next! Overall I find that for the cost of the service, I'm receiving a quality product.

Pros

It's a great organizational tool. I love the bookkeeping integration. I'm able to print a P&L report at tax time and hand it over to my accountant. I also like that I'm able to send questionnaires, contracts, and invoices to clients as well as automate much of my communications to individual clients. It makes me look a lot more organized than I am and I've had multiple clients remark at how personal each of my communications feel!

Cons

It does not have a booking integration and so now I'm purchasing a separate app for that. I also would love to be able to integrate Mail Chimp with this or even have a similar feature within this system.

17hats helps organize and systemize

The implementation team was so helpful and showed us how to continue to build on the basics so that we can really use it to it's full potential. Our private tour business has grown becasue of 17hats.

Pros

This tool really helps create a simple and cohesive process for all of your quotes. You can easily build templates for every service and email and quote. It has been a time saver and it has allowed us to work better as a team to satisfy all requests because it creats transparency for us all. We always know what the other has quoted or said. The bookeeping tool is also a timesaver!

Cons

It would be great to be able to use this as a bit of a marketing tool to send blast information to all contacts.

I love 17hats!

This software completely keeps my business organized and running smoothly. It is a life saver for sure with lead management, invoicing, contracts, questionnaire and bookkeeping. I would highly recommend 17hats to other companies.

Pros

I love how much time 17hats saves me by setting up the CRM and workflows. I am able to spend more time on growing my business instead of remembering where I left off with each client and my to-do list. The bookkeeping helps me keep my expenses together and easy for my accountant for taxes. The workflows are a complete life saver!

Cons

They are based in Australia so you cannot always reach someone and the 17hats app is not as up to date as using the mobile version of the website.

Tina from Executive Business Services, LLC

Industry: Executive Office

I've been using 17hats for about a year now and it has been fantastic.

It helps me run my business seamlessly and allows me the opportunity to provide a high level of customer service to my clients.

Pros

I like all the add on's that they have for use like the templates, the ability for customers to simply click one time to pay their invoice once it's emailed. There are so many features that make this platform amazing!

Cons

I wish that there was more integration with other platforms, like Hubspot for CRM or SalesForce, just because 17hats is not as robust in that regard. I wish that you could use multiple timers at one time, because I am constantly working for multiple clients back and forth throughout each day. Sometimes it also seems that there is a delay in how fast the platform processes data. I can click on a project and it will take up to 6 seconds for it to recognize that, and it's not a computer error either, as I checked.

Life saver!

My business deals with special events and the workflows for each event help me keep track of where they are in the process which saves me a lot of guess work. Being able to create workflows and automate my job lets me focus more on growing my business.

Pros

17hats is a quality CRM system that I use daily to keep my business running smoothly. I use all features which includes bookkeeping, lead management, projects, invoicing and contracts. With the CRM keeping all my client's details in one spot, I can easily find any information on that project with a click of a button.

Cons

I feel that the app version needs to be updated. The mobile version offers several features that the app is not set up yet to tackle.

Dania from Tropical Moon Events

Quadruple your productivity!

I really lucked out by getting in on this at the beginning and I was able to lock in a great rate, however, I would still pay full price for this today if I had to. Being a small business owner has it's many challenges, especially when you have to do everything yourself. Since I've signed on with 17hats I've been able to sign contracts, accept payments, and streamline the booking and communication process all while I'm away from my desk. I would never be able to pull this off without a platform such as this. In addition, it helps me to keep track of my bookkeeping, and my workflows, reminding me of my To Do's and when to do them! No software is perfect but they are constantly improving and listening to suggestions, and whenever I need assistance they are quick to respond. Since I've signed on with 17 hats a year ago, my business has almost doubled, partly due to the streamlined communication and payment processes of 17hats, and because of the ease of this platform I'm able to handle it all without hiring and cutting into profits. AMAZING!

Jessica from Salted Orange Studios

I LOVE 17Hats!! I have always used it and will continue to do so.

Pros

My favorite thing about 17 Hats is that it takes all of the things associated with a client project and keeps it all together in one place. That's HUGE. Plus I can embed my lead capture forms right on my website so everything just populates in my contact's info. Amazing.

Cons

I would say the only thing they could improve upon is to integrate Quickbooks self employed and iCal. But I think those are difficult due to the issues with integration within the other software programs.

Aaron from Grace Baptist Church

Industry: Graphic Design

Great for Freelancers

I have been using 17 hats for over 3 years now and have found it the perfect invoicing and communication service for my business. It has made life so much easier with the ability to send automatic invoices and emails to clients.

Pros

I really find this a very useful program. Easy to use. Easy for clients to understand how to pay. I like being able to submit contracts, proposals, and invoices. Great for integrating contact forms on my website.

Cons

Front time to time, have issues with the payments syncing.

Magda from Zuzu's Petals Events

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I'm an event florist, and I've been with 17hats since 2015. And I love that it's grown in so many ways, and it's becoming better and better each update. There's a learning curve, as with any system, but after having a few personal one on one sessions, I feel so comfortable with this system! I hated other systems as they were so complicated. I like easy peasy, and this is just that. Can be it prettier like other systems, sure... Can it have more features... Sure... But the best part is that you can tell them your wants, and if enough people want them, they'll DO IT! So don't knock it till you try it!

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

None to think of

Jessica from Real Hero Parties

Amazing CRM Software with incredible support

Pros

17hats does so much more than just the basics. It manages incoming leads, turns them into invoices, and allows me to set up workflows so the system does much of the work for me. It has saved my company a ton of time and probably money, too. The support team is incredibly responsive and helpful.

Cons

17Hats - Not just for photographers!

17Hats is fantastic and I use it everyday to manage my business. it allows me to see an overview of what needs to be done for each client. On the invoice/payment side it help automate the process of sending invoices and collecting payments. It was originally design for free lance photographers, but is very useful for any type of freelance business.

Pros

17Hats is a great all-in-one client management system that is easy to use and implement in your business.

Cons

I would like more options on recurring invoicing.

Suzanne from The Brand Creative Photography & Design

Industry: Photography

17 Hats has streamlined my workflow!

Overall, its a great business management software program.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use, and that I can set up lead magnet forms that import contacts straight into my workflow.

Cons

I feel like the cost is a tad expensive. It has increased a good amount since I joined. To add a second brand for my business, my monthly bill would more than double. That being said, my current plan isnt even offered anymore. Ive been grandfathered in.

Angela from Dreamlash Academy

One-Stop Software

The customer service process would do better to resolve issues instead of blaming the customer. Sometimes the issue is with the actual software and blaming me for the problem just takes the conversation in circles.

Pros

I like that this has pretty much all the features I need for my business. There is nothing worse than having to patch together multiple subscriptions for different software programs.

Cons

It's often glitchy and sometimes it won't load at all.

Easy way to manage my photography Clients

The ability to organize all of my Clients into a project where I can see their communications, contracts, and invoices at a quick glance.

Pros

This system makes it really easy for me to manage my photography Clients and Second Shooters (Independent Contractors). I love that I get a text alert when I have a new lead, and that I can create inquiry questionnaires that can be imbedded directly into my website. The integration with Gmail and PayPal makes things very easy for services I had already set up for my business. I admittedly don't use all of the features offered in 17hats, but love the ones that I do utilize!

Cons

The insert token/attribute option doesn't always work as expected for my contracts. When I preview them there are a lot of things that end up looking a little funky in regards to spacing. I've taken a lot of time going back and forth to fix these issues before sending to a client.

Lauren from Stone Tower Winery

17 Hats for Business

Overall, we did not end up continuing our services with this company. While the site is well done, easily understood and accessible, we needed a program that was more easily manipulated to fit our product and business.

Pros

This software gave us the flexibility and the organization we were craving in business. The ability to schedule and time emails form events, organize leads and sign contracts were things that we had been seeking for years. Additionally, the interface was very use friendly and easily understood.

Cons

This product was not the best fit for us, as many of the main benefits were not what we were looking for. Additionally, the program would not communicate with other programs that we already purchased as a business. The benefits were very much geared towards small businesses, and were not user friendly with some of our larger more hands on events

Vicki from Sleep Sweet, LLC

17Hats has really helped me keep my client information organized

17hats has really helped me stay organized!

Pros

I love the email templates, it's much easier than copy/paste, especially when personalizing the text. I also love the quote/invoice system, it keeps me from having to send 5-6 additional emails for every client. The questionnaire templates are really important to me too, it's easy to build and easy for clients to fill out. I like the bookkeeping function; it keeps track of when I receive payments so I don't have to worry about that. The customer service is excellent.

Cons

I wish it had more options for type of contact, or that I could customize the labels. I have more types of contact than the 4 that are available.

Yoneco from Yoneco Evans

A true time-saver.

Using 17Hats simplifies so much of my business ' contract management, lead tracking, invoicing. I can do all of that and more (to-do lists, email tracking, bookkeeping, calendar synching, etc.) all through one system. The internal dashboard is easy to navigate and they've made it easy to integrate with other platforms, like PayPal, Stripe, Square, and Google. There are also templates for everything ' contracts, payment reminders, etc. ' to get you started. Or you can create your own text and save it as a new template. The bookkeeping option links to your accounts ' bank and credit card ' so you can easily sync transactions; and there's a time tracker. My favorite features, however are the contract and invoice management. First, no more emailing contracts back and forth for signatures or using a third-party service. 17Hats has built-in signature ability. I can send a quote (with multiple options for the client to choose from) and, once accepted, auto-send the invoice that goes with it. If it's not accepted, easily schedule follow-ups and lead check-ins. The only cons for me are: The limits to file sharing and lack of a client portal. It's a 'business management' system with some project management features. It's not a true project management software like Asana. The dashboard is easy to navigate but does show a lot of info that I don't always need (like my local temperature). You get used to it, but something more minimal would be great.

really great product...got us organized and smooth running

contract and payment organization and streamlining

Pros

features are constantly expanding. Great way to organize contract process and payments and look super professional.

Cons

Could use more links to other apps but they seem to be working on adding new features constantly so no real complaints.

Chelsea from Sun Dreams Productions

I have been using it for 2 years with 2 brands

Pros

The ease of flow for customers from their own backend login, to questionnaires to invoice to contract and then payment

Cons

The iPhone App still is very basic and not easy for accomplishing anything it is basically just for viewing documents and invoices

Helped streamline workflow

Pros

We use this for everything with our family handyman business and it creates a more professional front than we had before, more organization and efficiency for us on the business side and was easy to teach our office staff member to use.

Cons

Once when we had an issue with the platform being inaccessible/down for us, the customer support response was on the slow side.

Sheila from Event In Site, LLC

I use this software to manage my event planning and association management business.

It makes the proposal and contract phases of my business much easier. It also automatically invoices my clients when their invoices are due and divides a contract quote up into monthly payments or however I'd like them to be divided.

Pros

I like building contracts and invoices and allowing my clients to accept and sign electronically. I also like that I can accept credit cards through the software without a monthly fee, utilizing Stripe. I also like that I can sync my calendar and see everything as well as add custom calendar events that are only visible in 17 hats that are more CEO/Strategic Planning activities.

Cons

I don't like that you have to add a price to each item in a quote and that it is visible to the client. I prefer to list all my services and give the client a bottom line price. And for some, they pay me a monthly retainer. I would like to be able to edit or hide that feature. I also think it is sometimes hard to navigate.

Nadine from Curious Light

A great tool for the independent contractor

Pros

I love that I can easily set up recurring invoices and notifications. Creating invoices, calendars and work flows is fairly easy to set up too.

Cons

The main negative for me is that I cannot set my recurring invoices to auto pay. If the client was automatically charged for their recurring invoices, it would save me so much time!

A good software for smaller 1-person agencies

The tech support I've received has been solid. I like the software and I'm going to continue using it for now.

Pros

Quoting is fantastic. I can send a quote out with the contract and a payment schedule attached. When the person accepts the quote, they then get sent the contract. After that they are shown the payment schedule. Building a quote is equally great because I can offer three sections. First section: the required items of the quote. Second section: Choose one of the options. Third section: Choose any of the options. This has been very helpful for website design where I put the website design in the first section, me hosting or them hosting in the second section, and add-ons like maintenance, SEM, e-Commerce, and more in the third section.

Cons

Customers can't setup automatic payments for recurring invoices.

I should have moved to this years ago

Pros

This has just streamlined my business and finances. I can let 17 hats do the heavy lifting and allow my book keeper to maintain and I can get on with the business of my business.

Cons

The billing system seriously needs an overhall. To be able to have auto billing would be a godsend. That still needs work

Nikki from Nikki Stephens

So many features for the price point, it was a no brainer

Pros

We needed a database that had the ability to connect with Gmail and send digital contract for online signatures. The digital contract functionality alone pays for the product, as other digital contract programs alone are double the price. Having a complete database tool that allows for this included in the cost is perfect.

Cons

You can't add custom fields for contacts or projects so this makes the database functionality extremely limiting. My client is a home inspection company that also hosts training courses for other home inspectors, works with real estate agents and project managers, and has preferred partners. This makes it very difficult to differentiate between contact types and add the field we need. We'd pay a little more for this functionality if it was available.

T from Designer Rule, LLC

17hats to wear - 1 app to use

17hats is a one stop shop type of app. It is perfect for the Solo Entrepreneur. The feature I most enjoyed was the contract/invoice system. As a graphic designer, I could send a service agreement style contract to a client to have him or her first sign that they agree to the terms set forth in the agreement. Immediately upon submitting the e-signature, the client receives the attached invoice which can be set up for full or installment payments. This takes away the need for paper documents and tracking. All of this is set up with one system.

Pros

I like that there are multiple tools built into one app. I used several before switching to 17hats. I found it easy to use. I was up and running very quickly. It integrates will with payment systems. Most importantly the clients I used it with did not seem to have trouble paying invoices through the app. Finally the electronic contracting invoicing and signature system cuts back on a lot of paperwork and no additional service is needed to use these features.

Cons

Pricing - I am a small company just starting out. I opted to stop using 17hats because there were not enough of options with the payment plan. While I did find a cheaper option I wish I still had access to the great features 17hats has to offer.

Graham from Programmed Facility Management

Industry: Facilities Services

Brilliant Software with so much to offer!

This does my accounting mainly and is also a source of inspiration for contracts and templates. There is a marketplace where you can review and purchase additional templates of all sorts for various industries. Well worth the money.

Pros

The automation of follow up invoicing is brilliant. This software does so much more than just accounting for your financials. It is accounting, a CRM, email, contracts, and much more. Tutorials, webinars and online help.

Cons

Like anything that completes multiple tasks, it is quite complex once you start digging. Has great multipurpose functionality, but you need to spend the time in it to make it work to its maximum capacity for you.

Joshua from SLO360

Industry: Photography

A great product that will cover everything a small business needs!

I have been using 17hats for over a year now and I absolutely love it. I had bounced from program to program to manage my companies daily needs in accounting and project management but when I found 17hats I abandoned them all for 1 program. I have the ability to manage mu customers, automate invoices, keep track on my book keeping, set up work flows with auto triggers, manage my calendar, lead management, and more! If you have a small business then I would strongly recommend you checking them out!

Pros

Having all the tools I need in 1 spot to manage the daily business needs.

Cons

Needs a more robust phone app covering all the areas the website covers.

Felipe from Bayer

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

I have been using 17Hats for years!

Pros

This is hands down one of the best pieces of software I use. My business couldn't run without it! All my projects are kept in line, workflows, bookkeeping, and more. Fantastic investment and well worth the money with all of the improvements they are constantly making.

Cons

The one thing I wish they did was make it so that clients could easily share files and documents back and forth through the software with me.

Jessi from Jessi Healey, LLC

Great tool for any small business!

Pros

This tool does so much! I love how professional my invoices, quotes and contracts look and I love the ability to set up work flows. I couldn't run my business with it.

Cons

My complaints are very minor. I wish I could choose the timeline for follow up emails on late invoices. I wish ACH transactions cleared faster. But overall there's hardly anything I'm left wishing for, it fills all my business administration needs.

Sasha-Shae from Fresh Medley Designs Studio

Good CRM with Outdated Interface

Overall it's a good software. Has a heavy focus on photographers though

Pros

Loved the workflow for creating quotes/proposals to contracts and then invoices. Made it really easy to get all those things squared away in one go. Love that we can create custom templates for mails, contracts, etc.

Cons

Didn't like the interface, found certain things tedious to do, like creating email templates or creating the proposals etc.

Skyler from Defined Athletics

Outstanding product from day one - one of the first users

Pros

17hats was an incredible concept from day one and has continued to evolve over the years.

Cons

As features were added, costs increased, making it unaffordable for our business.