Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Setting up and managing projects is so easy, fits most industries due to its fluid design for projects. The cost is attractive when you take into account the amount of time saved for team projects."
  • icon"For small project like us, Plutio offers Invoicing, Time tracking , customer support management is very easier. Most important feature i loved that proposal sending is very interesting."
  • icon"How easy is to use, nice customer service and is so pretty as much as functional. I am really happy with Plutio I tried a lot of CRM and Plutio is very unique and worth it."
  • icon"There is no way to prioritize tasks other than assigning due dates. For a lot of my tasks there were no specific due dates."
  • icon"I think it should have an example of everything, sometimes you just feel lost because you don't know all the potential of that area."
  • icon"There have been some issues with the calendar too. You need to pay an extra for custom domain and offer system lacks proper electronic signing integrations."

Have you used Plutio and would like to share your experience with others?

All Plutio Reviews

December 2021

Plutio is a terrific customizable project management tool

Manage most of your business operations in one tool

Having been an early adopter of Plutio, we've seen the product make massive strides forward. In terms of competitors for an all-in-one Business Ops tool, Plutio is well worth your attention. New features get added regularly, and the development team are very actively engaged with their community.

Pros

Plutio is like a Swiss-army knife for your business. If you are a solopreneur or a small team, Plutio offers invoicing, recurring billing, project management, time tracking, customer relationship management, and more. While some of these functions are currently basic, Plutio continues to update their features and clear long-standing bugs. For the price, you should really give it a try.

Cons

The mobile experience is still in beta, and needs much improvement. If you are going to use Plutio, prepare to use it with your web browser. The CRM feature is very basic, and requires use to use a third-party CRM. Hopefully this will be rectified in the future as we enjoy the single interface approach to streamline operations. Additionally, we look forward to Quickbooks integration for accounting.

Reasons for choosing Plutio

Plutio provides more all-around features, however Asana is more mature and is also used by our business.

Josh Bernthold,

Good but not quite Great... Yet

Pros

I love the idea of Plutio and how it does have a plan to be a really great tool with all the features that are pre built in with the software. So many awesome things packed into one place.

Cons

It lacks some key integrations that other platforms have. Currently there is no Zapier integration to make this software do more powerful things but it is on the map. I may revisit Plutio after this and the software becomes a little more stable and less buggy.

Kim

Excellent business management software

I started as a one-woman operation and have tried more than 50 apps. I've used multiple tools to patch together solutions for all of my needs. Plutio has allowed me to bring everything related to running my business into one platform, and has made it easy to grow and scale as I have added team members. They're actually EXCITED to use it.

Pros

Plutio's interface is clean and easy to navigate without being flashy or cumbersome. It's easy to create custom views or set your filters and preferences to make it work however you like. I LOVE having everything in one spot, so it's easy to manage my customer lifecycle. I can send a proposal, get a signed contract, set up payment, send forms, and do everything in one place to manage by business and my team. The development team is highly engaged, looking for user feedback and improving the product.

Cons

Features are solid. The few things that aren't already present are on the roadmap. Sometimes support requests are answered quickly - within an hour or so, but sometimes it could be days. As Plutio grows, I hope to see additional support.

Reasons for switching to Plutio

Plutio has it ALL. Many other tools are strong in one area but lacking in another. I can't say that any one particular feature is vastly better than others in Plutio because they're all effective, well-built, and useful.

Mike

This porage is just right ... the perfect tool for me

My issue was finding a PM Tool that was just right-sized for what I needed. Many of the tools out there were too complex (or too pricey) for my needs. OR they just didn't work well visual. I needed a way to quickly create tasks, mark certain ones urgent, track time (in multiple ways), and group tasks on a board by project. I also needed a way to quickly see how much time I spent on a project. I will be implementing the proposals soon as well. Plutio also has invoicing, and more. I could go on, but I won't. I love PLUTIO!

Pros

Remember Goldilocks and the 3 bears? She tried all the other bowls of porridge One was too cold, the other was too hot ... then found the one that was just right! I've tried several PM/CRM tools out there and some were bloated, too complex and others didn't have enough features. Plutio is JUST RIGHT! It is by far the best Project management tool (& mini CRM) out there for small agencies or solopreneurs. They have great support, listen to your input, and are always improving it. Thank you Leo & Plutio team.

Cons

Any features that I could want are on their develop road map. There is no doubt that we have stuff we would like to see (like being able to run reports), but they are either working on it, or create an zap or API that allows you to connect it to other tools out there.

Reasons for choosing Plutio

Again, ease of use and customization to fit just what I needed for my company.

Reasons for switching to Plutio

Again, I had used Teamwork, BaseCamp, and several others. Plutio was much easier to use, and had a UI that made my workflow efficient.

Matthew

My one-stop shop for project management

It has been phenomenal. It's my go-to project management tool (and I've tried many) and I absolutely love it and can rely on it to deliver for me.

Pros

- Payments/Proposals/Invoicing, the fact that I can run projects for clients and then send them beautifully generated invoices with tasks, rates, etc. is such a killer set of features - the UI and UX, everything is well placed, makes sense AND looks good. There is little to no learning curve, simply dive into it, configure it how you want and be on your way. - the features behind tasks and how powerful they are, there's a lot of oomph behind how you can create tasks with custom field and a variety of other features which allow you to get extremely granular if you want

Cons

- the calendar syncing, on many occasions the events and tasks would duplicate in my Google Calendar and create a headache for me whenever I tried to look at my personal calendar with my task/work calendar. I reached out to support about this and didn't really receive a clear fix on the issue - which brings me to my second con, which is the support. While it is there, it's not as readily available as I would like and most of the time the response are very minimal when you would like a more complex answer, but I think that comes down to the size of the team.

Reasons for switching to Plutio

For the simple fact that Ora doesn't have billing/invoicing...yet...it's been on their roadmap for quite awhile now and still hasn't been implemented. I needed that functionality.

Jeff

Best Project Management Tool By Far

Plutio has been an amazing, life-altering experience for the better. I was lucky to be in the market for something when Teamwork kicked me to the curb, and this has fit the bill beyond my wildest dreams.

Pros

Plutio keeps me organized without relying on email to manage tasks and collaborate with my customers. I'm able to keep projects separate and assign permissions on a project by project basis. I have always hated the way I had to search for tasks in my emails, that's archaic. Now I never lose tasks and get reminders by email and iphone app. I love the push notification I receive to my iphone watch when somebody on my team updates a project,

Cons

It's hard to find a con with this, but if there was one concise place where I could find 2 min tutorials on all the functions I'm not using that would be great. But I also understand that with the rate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Plutio keeps pushing out new updates, that would be difficult.

Reasons for choosing Plutio

I never considered another product, nor will I switch. Plutio keeps rolling out improvements and has the perfect platform for my business.

Reasons for switching to Plutio

Because I was on a free plan with Teamwork and with minimal notice, Teamwork pulled the plug on all of their non paying customers. I was not happy, but understand the perils of supporting something with no revenue.Teamworks' decision to pull the plug led me to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) and Plutio, so thank you Teamwork! ;)

Kelly

All-in-one solution for every small business owner

Before using Plutio I used one app for time tracking, another one for invoicing, another one for task management, another one for messaging and I was still looking for a good option for proposals. That’s five different apps I was using just to do the admin for my one-person business! When I found Plutio, I thought it sounded like a great all-in-one solution and it most definitely is. I can do all of those tasks in the one app and more. Plus everything looks more professional and I save time creating receipts as well. Soon the team will be adding in form capabilities which will mean I’ll also be able to do onboarding questionnaires through Plutio instead of just with a Word document. I’m super excited about that one. Plutio is a really new solution so there have been sone teething issues along the way but [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the team have been super responsive and are always quick to fix any bugs or explain anything I’m not sure about. And they’re constantly improving the product so it just keeps getting more useful. I would recommend Plutio to any sole trader and small business owner. It solves so many problems and is good value to boot.

Pros

- replaces a whole bunch of apps so all admin can be done in one program - outputs generally look professional - regular improvements

Cons

- fairly frequent bugs (but they’re quickly fixed) - I want to be able to customise a few things that are fixed at the moment - constant improvements mean some things change regularly and I have to spend time updating my processes as a result and often there’s no warning of the change so I have to make updates on the fly

Reasons for switching to Plutio

I switched from Trello, Toggl, Wave.app and Slack to Plutio because Plutio integrates all the functionality from all four apps and provides additional functionality they don’t have.

Harold

Exactly What I Was Looking For In Countless Other Project Management/CRM Software

I've literally never been so satisfied with a platform as I have been with Plutio. They even help me set it up without charging me. The developers have a pretty aggressive roadmap and since I started using it, they've knocked every new feature out of the park.

Pros

Plutio replaced three separate pieces of software I was using to run my business. I love that I can go from unqualified leads all the way through billing and follow-up with my customers, including contracts. It includes a Wiki, which we use to reference tons of sticky notes and policies within our company.

Cons

If I had to pick anything that I liked least, it would be the form builder feature - not because it doesn't work well, just because I had to use Integromat to change the output of the form to a specific format that I need for my business. It's not Plutio's problem and their webhooks made it easy to set up my solution.

Reasons for choosing Plutio

I chose Plutio over Agiled mostly because of the support and speed of the platform.

Jennyfer

The professional look I've been looking for my business in a VERY long time

I'm able to stay focused on project management and not having to login to email/ticketing system, to live chat, to project management, to invoicing system. Everything is in one cute little place.

Pros

I'm in love w. this app, there's a few shortcomings that tech support is PROACTIVELY working with me but I have to say, the fact that I can send contracts from the same place where I can have unlimited customers, and up to 30 freaking team members, IS AWESOME! We are even communicating via chats, AND there's even a livechat I can add to my site, process payments as well... Plutio is just the one software I've been looking for the past 15 years.

Cons

It can take some time to set up because it is 100% brandable - especially if you get the white label add-on- and there's some DNS management needed for that to work. There's no easy integrations like integrations with Zapier There's no bookkeeping capability or integration. Like Plutio would be truly complete if at the very least it could be integrated with Freshbooks, Quickbooks, or Xero

Reasons for choosing Plutio

I tried Dubsado in the past and I do recommended to some of my clients but the project management capabilities to me were a little confusing.

Reasons for switching to Plutio

Pricing was one major factor and then when I signed in I saw all the great potential this software has

Ryan

Feature Loaded App with Incredible Support to Back it Up!

Pros

Over the years, I have used and tested out various project management tools but had trouble getting my team to actual adopt and use the system, until we found Plutio. It has nearly every feature we need and lots more we have yet to even tap into. Features and functionality aside, the support provided by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the Plutio team is truly unmatched. You’d be crazy to not use Plutio to manage your agency.

Cons

lack of a password management tool built in.

Luis

The do it all tool for business owners

Pros

As a business owner, one thing that easily gets tiring is having to use multiple different tools that don't sync between each other to keep up with business operations, that's where tools like Plutio come in, a single place to do project management, CRM and keeping track of payments, it's really convenient and having the option to use it the browser or in the phone app, it's really easy to keep up with everything that is going on in my business.

Cons

It's really feels like a work in progress tools since some of the functions are not robust enough, especially the CRM part, the current implementation covers the basics but basically any other CRM tool would be way more complete, the only real advantage to using the in built function is that it's well integrated with the other functions so convenience beats overall functions.

Shade

Impressive!

Plutio just keeps going from strength to strength ! The [SENSITIVE CONTENT] engages actively with the community and always seeks out the users experience and how to make Plutio even better. I’ve watched him for about 4 years now and I can honestly say his consistent energy is impressive! A great f[SENSITIVE CONTENT],a great product and a great mission!

Pros

Plutio is an all-in-one business management tool that keeps getting better and better! To me, what sets Plutio apart is it’s really customizable features… Plutio can be adapted to fit whatever scenario you can come up with! It’s fantastic! :)

Cons

I would love the ability to have reminders sent out to clients who have missed a payment. I heard that is coming soon once automation is implemented so I’m excited about what’s coming.

Reasons for switching to Plutio

I found Plutio more intuitive for me.

Kimberly

Plutio is a terrific customizable project management tool

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] is an amazing tech tool founder with a lot of energy and passion and is willing to listen to people using his tool to help shape improvements. Plutio has come so far in the past few years and I am sure it will continue to grow.

Pros

I love the project management aspect of Plutio. It's highly customizable, including adding visual covers and custom colours to projects and tasks. I like to create a separate board for each of my one-off project clients and customize with their brand colours.

Cons

While I love that it is possible to create proposals in Plutio, and I sometimes do, I find it frustrating to try and make them attractive using the available templates. These templates are often impossible to customize, so if your company or project diverges from that of the template, you have to give up and use the default simple outlay instead.

Leonardo

The PM you need

Very happy with the tool, have everything we need to manage our small design agency. Very happy with it!

Pros

We have been using Plutio for about 3 years now, and it's a tool we use daily for our business. Plutio is not just a project management tool, it's way more than that. You can send proposals, invoices, subscriptions, manage projects with shareable dashboards and everything you need to operate your business. We are a small design agency, and this app is just perfect for us. I want to see automations, but Leo (the founder) said they are coming.

Cons

They need to add automations to make the workflow easier, also, allow tasks from email. This will make things easier.

Dream Service

I've had this app for about 2 years sitting in my app collection box. This year, i've FINALLY decided to use it. And I am SO glad that I did. It's so easy to track all the systems I am creating in my business in one convenient place. Recently I had a question and the answers were given so quickly. Customer service is so personable and they are quick to help you get your issue solved. They're always open to letting users know what's in the timeline in our facebook group and ask us often what we really would like to see in the app.

Pros

Customer service is AMAZING Love the color scheme You can create proposals right inside the app They have a handy mobile app Creating projects is easy

Cons

I'd like to be able to send agreements to clients independent of a proposal. I know this is something they are working on, though

Karrie