Certify Reviews

4.69 / 5 (1,203)

Our advisors have recommended this product 16 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "Easy to use! I would recommend this to everyone!"

• "Really easy to use, GREAT support, excellent service. "

• "It is quick & easy and seems to work well with all of the different browsers that I use. "

• Cons

• "There's not much I don't like about it, but sometimes Certify will guess what expense category something belongs in, but it is often wrong (I just ignore it, so it's not a huge problem)."

• "Lots of drop downs that don't pertain to my needs but might be of use to others in my company. This can be a bit confusing at times but still easy to use regardless."

• "Sometimes sync takes a while. But it could also be my location where I am at , at the time I am syncing. "

Browse Certify Reviews

Heather from RevLocal

This software is like an "EASY" button for life!

The ability to keep track of every mileage reimbursement that I had ever had!

Pros

When traveling as much as I used to for work, Certify gave me the ability to not only keep track of where I went, but the notes feature allowed me to keep track of why I was going there. I actually had an error occur at work which caused me to have to go back 3 YEARS and give the accounting department a list of every time I drove to headquarters. Being able to go back into Certify to find specific times/dates/mileage/etc. helped me prove that I was actually owed a few hundred dollars! It was no fault of my company or myself, just one of those oversights that could have been missed by anyone. But had I not had Certify and it's ability to keep track of EVERYTHING, I never would have been able to prove the error had occurred!

Cons

Even though I used the app on my phone for years, I still found myself getting confused when it came to determining whether I needed to create an "expense" or a "receipt" - I think there should/could be an easier way to label these two options so that it identifies more with what each one actually means. While it may look as though it should be self-explanatory, there were times when I would just forget.

Daniel from Murphy Company

Hit the Easy Button

Much more efficient than the prior system that Murphy utilized

Pros

Mobile and Desktop sync easily. Uploading receipts from the photo function is awesome.

Cons

Sometimes extra entry of receipt information is required but probably because we're still learning the software/app

Jason Taylor from CBT Nuggets

Expense Reports (and reimbursement!) Have Never Been Easier

It is extremely handy to submit and get repaid for expenses. I'm a HUGE fan of company credit cards being preloaded so I don't have to personally shell out a couple thousand for a flight/hotel. For someone who remembers the days of photocopying receipts and physically signing expense sheets, this program is a godsend.

Pros

I love that I can put the app on my phone and take pictures of receipts (or whatever) and build my expense report as I go. I love that I can book airfare and hotels from the single platform. And I love that I can build an expense report and get the reimbursement back to me in a few days via ACH.

Cons

Booking a hotel can be a little confusing because there are endless options with shorthand codes for different sizes, etc. And if your organization has put in confusing policies/rules (or just not implemented them all the way) you can run into some roadblocks.

Randy from Gate6

Could be good, but isnt

Im going to make this kind of short.... I was lied to in the sales process, implementation dropped the ball continually. They have zero followup when you have an issue. My implementation coach and even the implementation manager I had to speak with never followed up with me. Oh did I mention they have an implementation fee they bring up just before you sign with them? Its not cheap. But they'll "discount" it. Due to being lied to during sales, I had to figure out how Certify worked instead of it just working for me. I had to re-enter my credit cards 3 times, and I had 15 credit cards. I had to call the bank to get individual logins for all my credit cards. I have 25 very unhappy users and one irate admin (me). The import into quickbooks did not go as promised as well. Due to all of this I now feel as if I know more about Certify than my salesman did when he sold me this crap. The app for the phone is pretty good, Android better than IOS I think. The Web application though is horrible, just horrible. The Layout is bad, you have to confirm simple things, but you can delete an expense with no more scrutiny. They have no way for you to recover deleted expenses. The have a Wallet and a Report, you cannot edit most fields in the wallet, you have to move expenses into a "draft report" then move them back into your wallet! Its about a 10 click process just to change the amount of a receipt or change a category- very important things, heres the procedure lol. 1) Check expense(s) in wallet 2) Click Add to report, 3) Chose whether you want a new or existing report. 4) Confirm that you want to do that. 5) Wait for the expenses to load(which can take a while if you have a lot) 6) click edit 7) Edit the expense, click save (I'll give them this one) 8) Click the icon to open a menu 9) Click Send to wallet. So 9 steps. There is an alternate way but you get to chose from a little window and you cant select multiple. So why do I have to leave the wallet to edit an expense? Oh and if you have a lot of receipts they remove the "merge" option. This matches your receipts with your CC charges automatically! But you cant have more than 100 or 150 lines of charges/expenses, they cant decide on which number, but its between there. So why would you make my life harder if I have MORE expenses? I hope this saves you from some hassle, expenses are tricky, this is my second go around wasting dozens of hours.

Pros

App is good to use

Cons

They dont know their system entirely. they will sell you something just to sell you. Their salesmen dont know the ins and outs.

Nicole from Alpha Capital Partners

Certify Review

The overall experience with Certify has been great, I am able to submit receipts easily and also I am able to help and assist managers when they need me to submit expenses for them when they aren't able to.

Pros

Our company is a fairly new company and when we 1st started out the company was using another software that was so complicated at times! Then they introduced us to the certify software and it was much easier to upload and track our expenses. You get to see the step by step process of approvals and you the software makes it so easy to edit and make corrections! Very simply software.

Cons

There was an issue one time when I submitted an expense for reimbursement and the expense was never paid because that was a glitch somewhere in the system where accounting did not process the expense that was submitted.

Jessica from Seneca Family of Agencies

Industry: Mental Health Care

Certify Review

With Certify, I am able to ensure that I am getting reimbursed for money that I spend at work both directly and indirectly including gas, mileage, school supplies, food for meetings, and more! Thank you certify for ensuring that I am getting paid for the things I pay for!

Pros

I enjoy how easy the software is to use! I can use Certify with any expenses that I have including receipts from meetings, receipts from purchasing classroom supplies for students, gas receipts, and more. I can even upload receipts from my phone and transfer them to certify in a very simple process which makes my expense reporting stress free! As I mostly use the software for mileage, I enjoy that I can easily input my regular travel and have it deducted automatically while also having the option to "map it" and "round trip" my route in order to have an accurate account of my travel expenses. This software makes my overall expense reporting experience simple and easy!

Cons

At first I did not like how there were so many separate accounts for my work (timecard, notes, expense reporting etc.) However, with Certify, everything you need for expense reporting is in one place. Initially the action tabs can be a bit confusing and can maybe be modified. However, once you understand what they are for and how to use them they are very helpful. Other than that there is not much I would change about certify as it makes my experience so easy and stress free!

Jeff from Securitas Security

Industry: Security and Investigations

Ditch the receipt

Totally loved ease of use!

Pros

After snapping a picture of the receipt, the system auto populates the open fields

Cons

Sometimes the auto populate gives the wrong town or state but that's easily overcome to make corrections

Alyce from Forum Extended Care Services

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Clean, Clear, User Friendly!

Pros

I love the look of it. It is immediately inviting, and doesn't appear overwhelming. The options are user friendly, and everything is fairly straight-forward. I like that I was able to complete most everything on my own without assistance - that's how simple the software is! The last program I used was not very easy to use, especially when it came to adding or attaching receipts. Certify does a great job of smoothing out all the wrinkles of complication, and making it an easy and even enjoyable experience to fill out an expense report.

Cons

So far, I haven't found anything that has created any kind of stumbling block. Every field is so easy to navigate and understand, and is really set up with a good flow that is simple to follow. No complaints here!

Audrey from UItradent

Industry: Medical Devices

Cerify

Pros

Easy to use, photos of receipts upload easily

Cons

nothing really..

Geninne Tatum from PORTICO Community Church

Easy To Integrate into Your World

Pros

Certify is a great software designed to make your receipts and expense reports so easy, both on mobile and desktop. The fact that I can accomplish all of it on either the app or the web is a bonus.

Cons

The one feature that is difficult is exchange rate on non credit card purchases. It might not apply to a ton of people.

Anna from Swift Transportation

A different type of expense system

As the administrator I think it's a fantastic program for cost savings in comparison to some other popular expense systems. Users struggle with adapting to this software compared to Concur. The interface is completely different for how reports are created and receipts are uploaded. I like that they are constantly making improvements based on user and administrator feedback (I was informed that the more requests they get for something, the higher that project gets bumped up on their development list).

Pros

I like that there are several option to make it custom to our company (ability to make it work how we need it to). There is a vast learning library available and reporting is visually appealing and easy to find what I need to run as the administrator. The Certify tech support team is responsive and always rolling out new improvements based on feedback, we have already seen several positive changes in the last 4 months since switching to this for expenses and travel.

Cons

User feedback has been that it's not user-friendly, there are several aspects of the software that aren't intuitive and users struggle with learning this system after switching from Concur's interface. As the administrator it's difficult to create specific rules to kick-out certain expense categories for audit. We had to create a work-around by making a secondary account for myself to manually review those exceptions which is pretty odd and causes for a lot of double-work, as those approved by the secondary account come back to me as administrator to approve a second time.

Louis from LionRT

Ceritify app and control software specifically targets and organizes our teams travel log and finance expense reports.

Our team experienced an immediate affinity for Certify as an application which we are using along side our current CRM in order to organize , track , and to monitor travel compliant policy alterations for our yearly , very busy travel schedule. Certify as such has become a concrete asset as we save on needless and potentially expensive travel costs.

Pros

We found that Certify readily integrates inside of our current Control Management Software quite efficiently and easily. Certify's own management team help sire us through this process which ultimately reduced our dependency on IT support which can be costly. Certify offers easy to use tools that allow our employees and resource allocation to create fine tuned reports designed to address monetary waste as well to increase cost efficiency. As advised by Certify's team, we are paying particular attention to travel mileage as well as incurred airfare. AP report generation is also available for our accounting in order to focus on reimbursable costs for each department or by employee.

Cons

We did notice occasional operational instability in the form of minor bugs with this program as well as the necessary synchronization that must be initialized by each employee per server , however overall these inconveniences were mitigated through intervention from Certify's capable client service department. They suggested quite effective work around solutions to keep our report flow steady and current.

Toni from Tinuiti

Good for receipt uploads - clunky during report creation

Our company uses Certify to track and reimburse all work-related expenses. Whether that's a hotel bill for a conference in another state, to the meals and snacks you purchased during your annual off-site retreat, Certify is the way to break everything out by line item and have Finance approve.

Pros

Certify allows the user to upload receipts and put the date of the purchase, which helps Finance get an accurate picture of your work-related spending. You are emailed a notification once your report is submitted, and also when it's been approved. A great feature is the ability to just email the pictures of your receipts on your phone to one email address, which automatically uploads them for you into your account. From there you can fill out the info related to the spend.

Cons

Honestly - Certify is not very intuitive at all. The first time I tried to create an expense report I ended up creating 3 separate reports before noticing that something was off. The platform seems a little buggy, and you can't fix one thing without bulk fixing multiple things. It won't let you move forward unless everything is perfect, and most of the time, it is not clearly communicated what you're missing. You need to upload receipts one by one, but they don't filter into the same report. It's very manual and I dread creating expense reports at the end of any trip because it just takes me forever.

Randal from DALLASWHITE Corporation

Certify Expense Reports

Some of the initial set up takes a little bit of time because if it is done wrong the errors will compound with time. Initial set up is key.

Pros

The software is easy to use, both for the back office and for the people out in the field. The processing of expense reports and the integration into out Quickbooks is much quicker than doing it all by hand.

Cons

We had some errors in the beginning of our use with Certify, in that the software would not allow us the ability to process credit card payments for some of our "Current Assets". I find this strange that nowadays with the use of credit cards for so much of purchasing in the world, that there would be a category of expenses that the software would not recognize. Certify was very helpful in tracking down this issue and explaining it to us.

Melanie from TCG Solutions

Easy to use travel and expense system

The business problem I am solving with using Certify is keeping all of the expense reimbursements organized. With the organization I currently work with, there are a lot of sales people who do a great deal of traveling that they get reimbursed for. It was difficult in the past to manually look at each receipt and total the amounts. With the system, it helps to streamline the process.

Pros

I like that Certify sends me individual emails for each employee that has submitted an expense reimbursement. It also provides reminders if an expense has been submitted but not approved yet. This helps to keep everything organized and ensure nothing gets missed. With the system, Certify allows the approver to click into each expense and view the receipt. It is easy to approve and if you need to write a note to the employee you can do so within the system. For example, if an employee forgets to submit a receipt, I just write a note to them within the system to please upload the receipt. I then get an email when the employee responds.

Cons

I have had an issue in the past where the employees would not receive emails when I write a note to them in the system. They would have to log into Certify. This issue has since seemed to have been fixed. Other than that the system is easy to use.

Lauren from Trinity Logistics

Trinity Logistics

With Certify our expenses of booking travel are down and it is also an accountability tool in managing our travel policy.

Pros

This is a very intuitive easy to use software but the biggest Pro to this is their customer service. i can't say enough about their service especially on the travel side. Any problem we have ever had in the travel side was immediately taken care of. Very personable. As a user who does travel for the team almost weekly it is such a timer saver to have a service that keeps every ones information on file and provide you with every travel option on one screen. Booking travel is a breeze with certify and the reporting comes directly into the system without having to capture those travel receipts for air, hotel or rental cars.

Cons

Occasionally when you upload receipts it puts the receipt in as a separate entry. I have not figured out what I do to make that happen but it seems to do it most if I don't autofill my receipts. It's not a big issue but more of an annoyance when it happens. That said, its a great product.

Yvonne from Hospitality

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Ease of use in the field.

Pros

Entry is very easy with the mobile app. I use this in the field. It is so much more convenient than doing expense reports longhand and having to fax in. Data entry is very fast. Sending in for review and processing is seamless. The few times I needed directions I was able to get accurate help from customer service immediately. They are professional, knowledgeable, and supportive.

Cons

The app has minimal instructions for correcting entry errors after the expense report has been generated. Customer service redeemed this issue by being very knowledgeable and helpful. The available tutorials also only cover general field usage with no help for doing fixes. Also, photos of receipts do not always accurately fill the expense field and do need to be reviewed before saving in order to correct blank or incorrect fields.

Emmanuel from Netformx

Great Software When You Implement it Correctly

When I worked for a company that already had the software up and running and had time to work out the implementation bugs, it worked great. If you can try to include yourself in any focus groups or test cases during testing, so you can make sure that your regular expenses will be able to be entered.

Pros

As far as travel and expense software go, Certify is very easy to use. The first time onscreen prompts help you figure out how to enter expenses for reimbursements. I've used other mobile expense software, and I would have to say that Certify has the friendliest interface, and it is difficult to get wrong. The menus and layout make it easy to find current submissions, past reimbursements, and to update your profile.

Cons

I have worked at a company where we switched from one T&E software to Certify, and the experience was terrible. While the interface was great, there were too many steps required in order to enter an expenses. I would also have trouble when I tried to split an expense for a single charge, and had to contact my accounting department as well as Certify Support. It was determined that certain steps were overlooked when the initial implementation of the software was done, so it took an extra 2-weeks, before I could correct my error. Unfortunately for me, this pushed me into the window where the Credit Card I used got charged the interest for that month. I was of course paid back, but it was a hassle none the less.

Risa from Bottom Line

Creating expense reports couldn't be easier!

Before Certify, I had to physically tape receipts to a piece of paper and scan it to our finance department. Now, I take pictures of receipts as I get them or forward receipts from my email. I can then easily create, send, and approve expense reports.

Pros

Creating expense reports couldn't be easier! I set up my account so that I can forward email receipts directly to Certify and the app makes it super easy to snap photos of receipts and upload them. In my role, I also have to approve expense reports - Certify makes it easy to do that (and make edits when something is submitted incorrectly). PLUS, their customer service is great - they are super supportive and friendly and are able to resolve any issues that arise quickly.

Vince from Institute for Shipboard Education/Semester at Sea

Great Solution for a team with heavy travel

We switched from excel based spreadsheets for expenses and having to tape receipts onto pages to submit. This makes life so much easier when on the road. I can approve reports much quicker now that they are cloud-based.

Pros

Ability to track expenses for a team. Smartphone use, from uploading receipts to booking travel, makes it easy to stay on top of the expense reports.

Cons

Some of my team likes to book travel by train and this isn't very easy to do through Certify. Sometimes flight changes have not been communicated in a timely fashion to some of the team.

Madison from CBT nuggets

Certify Employee Review

A huge business problem that certify has to help me to fix, is cutting unnecessary cost in our company. With its easy to use software, I was able to see what cost I could cut, therefore saving our company more money!

Pros

This software is really great. I provide all the snacks, office supplies, and other employee-related equipment to my team of about 120 employees. Therefore I use Certify a lot and its extremely easy to use. I love how I can just snap a photo an upload my receipt right after purchase to keep things in order. It also gives you tips and tricks if you mess up an expense. I would highly recommend this software to any companies that have company credit cards. It's very easy to learn and very easy to use!

Cons

There really is not a lot of things I dislike about Certfity. I use it every day and I find it a very easy product to use.!

Lauren from Trinity Logistics

Convenient One Stop Product for our Team's needs

We love this product and in my 8 years here we have had two others that were difficult and the customer service left a lot to be desired. Great product and Great Service.

Pros

As the person who books travel for our entire leadership team, I love that I can go to one reliable source and search all travel options. Trying to create itineraries that meet all their schedules is challenging but this software enables me to look at all the options in one place. We originally used it for airfare but have come to rely on it for hotels and car rentals as well. I also have to give a "10" to their customer service. They are prompt, friendly and reliable. I never have to wait for an answer and when we need to make changes they take right over and get it done.

Cons

To be honest, I really can't think of a "con". I have never had an issue with Certify Travel & Expense.

rajan from balchem

i have been using this for my bill sand find is easier to use than our prior method

easy to use

Pros

ease of use, easy to try and figure out things on my own Drug metabolism is the conversion or breakdown of drugs into more soluble forms through a specialized set of enzymes in living organisms. During this process, drug efficacy and safety issues may occur. For example, drug metabolic stability can affect the clearance rate of the drugs, thus influence the dosing strategy. Potential interactions between drugs and drug metabolizing enzymes can cause induction or inhibition of the enzymes, leading to increased or decreased drug exposures, especially when two or more drugs are present. Thus it' s necessary to assess the metabolic patterns and properties of your compounds.

Cons

i cannot think of any right off hand Drug metabolism is the conversion or breakdown of drugs into more soluble forms through a specialized set of enzymes in living organisms. During this process, drug efficacy and safety issues may occur. For example, drug metabolic stability can affect the clearance rate of the drugs, thus influence the dosing strategy. Potential interactions between drugs and drug metabolizing enzymes can cause induction or inhibition of the enzymes, leading to increased or decreased drug exposures, especially when two or more drugs are present. Thus it' s necessary to assess the metabolic patterns and properties of your compounds.

Nancy from Ultradent

Easy and Intuitive Program

Saving time is the biggest benefit I see. Being able to enter receipts on the go and have them sync up and then auto-populate my expense report is one HUGE thing I can check off my long list of "to do's".

Pros

I love how easy and convenient this software is to use and because of this I rarely if ever "forget" to upload a receipt. I use the mobile app "on the spot" as I wait for my catering order or before I start my car to drive to the next office. It's great!

Cons

It is hard to come up with any major cons. I guess if I had to pick something it would be to have fewer categories on the mobile app in the section where you enter the expense description. However, this is not a big deal at all.

Pam from DISH

Certify for my teams

I use this to software daily, both for creating expense reports for others or approving for my Director. It is easy to use and I appreciate being able to leave additional comments

Pros

easy to use, software is straightforward

Cons

This is probably my company's choice but the categories that are listed for how we are to list the expense (travel-meals, others meals, mileage) the categories are not explained well and often I do not know what to choose. How strict do we need to be with these categories, are they truly linked to something we are tracking?

Merry from RDO Equipment

Certify used for Travel, Entertainment and P-card

Certify from a user perspective is easy to learn and use. The mobility tool to take images of receipts in easy to use. The quality of the receipt is good. The OCR technology does a pretty good job at reading the receipts. It is user friendly from a system administration perspective as well. It is click not code. There are simple changes that a system administrator can complete rather than needing to go back to IT to make coding changes. The response time from the helpdesk in fairly quick as well. The account rep/helpdesk was willing to answer my questions as I was learning how to support they system from a system administrator perspective.

Pros

How easy it is from a system administration and end user perspective to us.

Cons

We use the out of box solution. The is some company specific configuration. If there is a feature you would like, you may not always be able to get that feature. Certify will put it on a list and if enough customers request, they may make the change. I also understand that customizing a system to one company is difficult to support. In my experience with expense tools, customizing a system to a particular company is more difficult to support. Using the system the way Certify intended is a better road to travel.

Mike from General Pacific

Industry: Wholesale

My use of Certify

I was lamenting the loss of productivity with our old method of expenses. Our CFO found Certify and what a profit in our business. 90% of the time I can enter the expense within 5 minutes of getting the receipt. I hang onto the receipts and compare them before submitting my weekly report. Simple and fast. Took a little getting use to the logic of generating a report. Like any new software and with someone internal to our organization who is knowledgeable, you get the hang of it. I would never choose to change back.

Pros

Not having to submit physical copies and entering expenses as they happen.

Cons

I have bad luck forwarding emailed expenses. My boss typically can't read them. I'm not sure what the system does to these emails but maybe storing them as a PDF would help?

Richard from CDC Small Business Finance

The Best Stuff Just Got Better

I have been using Certify for over two years. The system has always been easy to navigate and now they made it event FASTER to navigate adding and accounting for receipts as I am on the road! Thank you for making the upload of receipts and preparing expense reports a task that takes less time and mouse clicks!

Pros

My biggest challenge was the time it took to add receipts to expense reports while traveling. There were just too many steps to take from my iPhone. Now you have made it faster and easier to navigate this process!

Cons

None, you made t event better.

Easy to use expense tracking software with a large feature set.

Ability to keep track of expenses and get manager approval much easier for projects.

Pros

I like the ability to track expenses and submit them to your manager for approval. This keeps a record and avoid discrepancies in the future. Ability to have a mobile app is great as well.

Cons

The software layout can be improved, especially on mobile. The interface is hard to learn and required some training for our user base.

Laurel from Team Select Home Health

Is a valuable T&E tool!

The digital processing of T&E reports is by far more efficient than having employees submitting them on paper through snail mail.

Pros

Ease of use for employees to track and submit expenses. The ability to track their expenses on their mobile devices.

Cons

the delay/processing time for employees who have a large number of items to process in one report is a huge time eater. And, moving between items they feel is cumbersome.

Ian from Merieux Nutrisciences

Certify is pretty easy to use. The auto-import from my companies' purchasing card is very useful.

Easy to use purchasing reconciliation

Pros

The auto-import from my purchasing card is very useful. I also enjoy the mapping system for calculating my mileage. Compiling reports is quick and easy. I like the simple user interface and no nonsense page setups.

Cons

While the auto-import is great; I have experienced purchases that have been placed on reports but will not be deleted. I can't delete these values and they have accrued over my 2 years of using certify. This makes me worried when I have a report due and still have extra values located in my history. Scanning in receipts and matching receipts to my purchases could be a little easier too. Another concern with matching receipts to purchases is when a tip is applied to a purchase there is no way to identify that. There should be a TIP option on restaurant purchases that would solve discrepancies between official purchases and money spent.

Alex from Michener Allen Auctioneering Ltd

Excellent value for money

Timely reporting of expense reports, visibility of all expenses, easy to track & review. Historical data available and can review previous information very easily

Pros

Easy to use and the step by step implmentation process was well supported. Good training materials and support after implementation is available. Many good reports are also available. Did not have any issues with implementing the new expense report process and approval process within the system works well

Cons

Does not handle the GST specific to Canada very well. However we were able to customize a field to capture the information on a report that can be exported to excel to suit our needs. Does not readily integrate into Sage to simplify data entry.

Great value for a piece of software that's unobtrusive but effective. We use it daily and love it.

Pros

It has really made tracking expenses and travel costs a breeze to track, leading to more efficiency and accuracy within our reporting. All of our outside customer sales reps use it daily.

Cons

Scaling to a larger business can seem complicated through the web app in the very beginning but they have a great service team that can answer all your questions. Also things like expense reporting and creating spreadsheets can sometimes take a few moments to load entirely but that's normally due to network issues and rarely has to do with the app.

Great expense reporting portal for any size company

I’ve had a wonderful experience with certify and highly recommend it. Two thumbs up, from me!

Pros

The Certify system is extremely organized and easy to use. I enjoy that you can upload pictures of receipts from your cell, organize expenses throughout the expense period and it maps your mileage for you, even as one way or round trip so you don’t have to write your mileage down. Once you use it 3-4 times, it’s very simple and the phone app works as well as the desktop site.

Cons

The first few times using it, it was a bit confusing. However, this was years ago and it’s gotten smarter with time and easier to learn. I’ve helped others get started and I’ve seen first hand that they continue to improve the processes.

Matthew from Genoa Healthcare

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Certify is a great tool to keep track of expenses

Easy way to track expenses and upload receipts with the mobile app. The way it syncs to desktop version is quick and efficient. All receipts and expenses in a variety of different forms can be added (bank statement, physical receipt, online receipt, etc). It is user friendly and easy to understand. Generates expense reports and notifies you of its progress.

Pros

I think the software is user friendly in both the App and the Desktop versions. I like how you can add expenses right from your phone when you are on the go. The way it prefills data from receipts is great. I like how it is connected to Uber and also how easy it is to forward an online receipt to certify and it will generate an expense. I rated customer service and value for money as average because I don't have a good benchmark for either of them.

Cons

I feel the App does some things better than the desktop version and I feel each have different capabilities, which is strange. For example, I can create an expense based on mileage from driving to and from a location, that cannot be replicated within the desktop version.

traci from Round Feather

I am the admin for our firm, who trains and administers Certify.

Pros

It's an easy application to use and train others. The phone app, and email receipts are very convenient and work well. Exporting reports to Excel is a great feature.

Cons

Glitches, and interfacing with QB is a bit clunky. Would be nice as an admin to be able to see everyone's reports and back out reports when necessary and run specialized, targeting reports that I define.

Ryan

Time Savings with Certify

Pros

I am happy to no longer need to hold on to paper receipts to turn in for monthly expense reports. Submitting your report is very easy if you've kept up on your receipts everyday. Also very easy to review and approve reports for my sales team.

Cons

The auto fill feature is very spotty. Some days it works perfectly and some days it works poorly so my sales team end up missing errors and submitting reports that require work to correct. In the web site, the receipt view can be annoying as it continues to pop up even after you close the window.

Donell from US Venture

5 Start Customer Service

Certify is the only T&E management application that I've used but I can say that their customer service is absolutely amazing. The ease of use is great and they really care about what their customers want and listen to critiques and then make changes to fit their customer concerns.

Pros

The functionality of the workflow and expense management seems to work well with the needs of our company.

Cons

I wish the reporting could be more customizable.

Todd from Kemin Industries

Industry: Biotechnology

Game Changer for expense reporting

I'm a 25-year sales professional and have experienced several expense reporting processes. The Certify software saves me approximately 90 minutes per week versus the most recent previous process we were provided. I no longer have to make copies of each and every receipt, I do not have to put a print-out and receipts into an envelope, apply postage, and go to the post office. Our finance department switched us to Certify approx. 18 months ago and I am still thanking them. My one concern was being able to easily reconcile my credit card statement. I've found that it is quite simple to look back at archived expense reports on my iPhone to do this.

Renee from Kentucky Youth Career Center

Certify Travel & Expense

I would recommend Certify to any organization!

Pros

I love using Certify. It has simplified expense reports in our organization. I love being able to scan in receipts and have it auto fill the forms. It is very easy as a supervisor to review and approve expense reports through Certify.

Cons

I really have seen a downside to Certify.

Howard from MGIS

A Senior Accountant's Review

Direct integration makes it so much more efficient. We didn't have to key in the expense report into our Great Plains accounting software. Wish we didn't have to switch accounting softwares, so we could have continued to use Certify Travel & Expense.

Pros

Certify Travel & Expense has a direct integration with Great Plains accounting software, which made it easy to sync between the 2 softwares.

Cons

Unfortunately we had to switch our accounting software to NetSuite and Certify Travel & Expense did NOT have a direct integration with it.

Darrell from National Response Corp

Industry: Environmental Services

Certify Expense Reporting

Pros

Very easy to use. From the field, I can upload and code all of my expenses in real time so Im not having to keep up with receipts. I can submit my weekly expense report in less than a minute; just a few quick clicks and I'm done.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a couple of weeks for P Card to link to appear

Review from the Administrator side

Overall I would say it has been a good experience.

Pros

It is pretty user friendly for our travelers. The website is easy to use.

Cons

The presentation of data could be better. In terms of looking up by employee and expenses by time period. I know our sales people have some difficulties in changing dates on expenses.

Gregory from Curran Group, Inc.

A Lifesaver.

Certify has changed my outlook on completing expense reports. Instead of drowning in paper receipts and scratching my head trying to remember what happened weeks (or sometimes months!) ago, Certify and its mobile app make it a breeze to keep track of everything. The amount of time and stress spent on the reimbursement process has been significantly reduced. I highly recommend to any organization! You will not be disappointed.

Pros

Straightforward and easy to use. Great mobile app. I love the auto-fill feature that actually reads your receipt and automatically completes the required data fields for each expense.

Cons

Sometimes when you navigate away from the expense screen before finalizing the expense, you lose the information you have already inserted.

October 2015

October 2015

Great for expense management

We use the software to submit mileage/personal expense and corporate card expense reports. We were previously with another well known company with a similar product, but made the choice to move to Certify. We process just under 1,000 reports per month. The app is easy to use, the website is easy to use. There are some small things I would change if I could, but nothing that makes me regret our decision to go with Certify. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for this type of expense management tool.

Pros

Really easy to use, GREAT support, excellent service.

Cons

Can't attach more than one receipt to an item - sometimes necessary for online purchases. Can't attach a statement to the report - it has to be attached to an expense so you have to create an additional zero dollar expense if you want to attach your card statement. If you enter your expense information before you attach a receipt, when you attach the receipt it wipes out the information you entered and you have to start again. Company admin doesn't have the ability to map the card to individual user's accounts, individuals have to. It would be great if we could do this for the users.

Jon from Carolina Handling

Industry: Warehousing

Quick, consistently accurate expense management

100% elimination of mailing hard copy reports and reciepts for processing. Reminder feature is very convenient and ensures I complete the report and submit on time, everytime!

Pros

Very easy to use. Takes less than 10 minutes to be up an running as an end user. Allows prompt entries while away from the office, which ensures accuracy and timeliness expense reporting.

Cons

I'm old school; so it took me a while to "trust" that I do not need a paper copy of my reciepts and my reports. (But after several months of use with NO mistakes and NO lost data...I feel confident relying on the software to manage my expense activities.)

Ashley from Elite

Certify - I'll Do It To Get Reimbursed by my Employer

Certify does a good job in solving the business problem of having all reimbursement, travel, and other expenses recorded for each user in one place, however, it is not always user-friendly. I would mainly recommend using this platform for booking travel.

Pros

My job recently switched over to Certify for travel and basic money management. The main reason I use it to receive reimbursement from my workplace when we go to an outing or have to travel for client meetings. Our company grew very quick from less than 100 people to over 700 people in a matter of 2 years so as we onboard this program, it made travel, reimbursement, tracking of receipts, etc for a medium size com pretty easy. I value programs like Certify that make my life easier by having all inquires in one place, saving me time on booking and making me worry free about tracking reimbursements

Cons

Sometimes the receipt upload process takes a while to get done right since it has quite a few components to enter when filing out the form for reimbursement. With this being said, the must unenjoyable thing about Certify is filing a reimbursement form since it is a tad annoying/takes a while to use.

Jeff from GSP LLC

Excellent, easy to use business expense tracker for companys

Pros

Software is very easy to use, and it comes with great features. One is the ability to send receipts from an e-mail directly to the date certify email, which this provides a receipt that automatically is in your wallet. Also there is a software feature where you can automatically input receipt amounts, but we have had some issues with but it does the job.

Cons

One tiny issue is that if the expense approval process requires two or more signatures, the user receives an email update about the approval process which in my opinion causes too many emails flowing back and fourth.

Andrea from Compu Dynamics LLC

We love Certify! Super easy to use and very user friendly!

Easy to use. Every one I have spoken to on the phone was also extremely helpful and very responsive. All the handouts and tutorials were very easy to understand and left no questions regarding Certify. The webinars were also helpful. Adding users is super easy as well.

Pros

Teaching employees how to use both the app and the computer version was super easy. This is almost a fool proof app. We only really use this for travel and expense reports.

Cons

It was hard to set up with the system that we use to process expense reports (Sage software). I had to call Sage on the phone and have them customize a report so we could use the product.

Sloan from Geodynamics LLC

Industry: Research

Know before you buy - DOES NOT INTEGRATE WITH SMALL BUSINESS CREDIT CARDS

After several phone calls with the Certify sales team, I was assured that the corporate credit card sync would work for our business. I stated several times that the credit card sync was THE critical factor in our evaluation of expense tracking software, and explained the structure of of our credit card login with authorized users. I was never given any indication throughout the sales process that there was even a possibility that the credit card data couldn't be pulled in, and proceeded with our contract an implementation accordingly. I dedicated many hours to the implementation process, including introducing our entire team to the website and mobile app. It was not until over a month into the process that our implementation specialist indicated that the credit card aggregator was unable to separate the charges according to authorized user....and that this was a KNOWN ISSUE for credit cards of our type. I spent an additional 4 weeks attempting to help them trouble-shoot the known issue. But the bottom line is that their service does not support small business credit card feeds, has never been able to do so, and they have no plan in place to attempt to do so. Bottom line: Certify will tell you whatever you want to hear until they take your money. But they do not standby those promises, and you should not trust that their sales people have any idea what the software can actually do or not do. Beware.

Pros

This seemed like an effective and easy to use expense tracking software.

Cons

The sales contact repeatedly assured us that Certify would bring in credit card transactions from our company credit card (Capital One Spark for Small Business). We were explicit that this was the primary driver in our decision, and that importing company credit card transactions was our primary goal. As soon as we paid the implementation fee and were assigned to an implementation specialist, they immediately explained that Certify does not work with Capital One cards, and also does not work with any of these: Chase Ink, American Express @ Work, Simmons Bank, PNC Bank, Bank of America Visa Executive Commercial Card, US Bank. If you use those cards, DO NOT TRY TO USE CERTIFY. They wasted 2 months of my time, and REFUSED TO REFUND the implementation cost, despite the fact that they sold me software they KNEW would not work.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,203 reviews