(1,074)

1,074

• Pros

• "Easy of use, setup myself (with a little help for a bookkeeper), support has always been superb."

• "Great tool for keeping organized and simple to use."

• "I love the invoice layout of this software, and I think it's fairly easy to use. "

• Cons

• "I like this software from xero but lately the customer service has been noticed down and in some of the plans the cost is too high for some companies peueñas."

• "It has quite a few limitations compared to the enterprise cousins, but at the price it is a no-brainer."

• "Some settings are not as intuitive as one may wish, but from what I've seen, they do improve design and the flow quite often."

Browse Xero Reviews

Kathryn from Splendid Colors

Affordable professional level accounting software for small business

It's been easier to use Xero than I expected, but I had a nasty surprise at tax time when I realized the default accounts/descriptions for expenses did not correlate 1:1 to IRS categories. (I should have checked this more closely when I set up my accounts because it's a New Zealand company, and the previous product was local.) This means I will need to double-check all my transactions for 2018 and the IRS has my vastly overestimated tax payment until I can do that and file my return on an extension. I've had a much better experience importing data from financial institutions because Xero uses a well-known importing service that is trusted by the institutions. I like being able to match multiple invoices to bank deposits because I usually don't run to the bank for each check. This will be more valuable as my company grows. I should probably find an accountant to assist me with this, but I haven't found an accountant who understands both craft businesses and Xero.

Pros

Professional double entry software at a very affordable price Accommodates both cash and accrual accounting Links to financial institutions to get transactions Uses standard importer recognized by the financial institutions instead of just trying to log in remotely (and triggering fraud alerts) Can match multiple invoices to a single deposit transaction imported from bank Can keep using Xero as company grows

Cons

Pre-existing expense categories/descriptions don't map 1:1 with IRS definitions, so I'm having to go back to all my receipts to make sure expenses are entered in proper accounts because I didn't realize this when I switched More difficult to focus on specific expense categories to check transactions Have not been able to import historic data from previous app (possibly because it's not double entry) so I am still paying the subscription on that software to retain access to my data No integration with Craftybase, so I have to enter supply purchases and customer invoices there independently

Reasons for Choosing Xero

QuickBooks introduced a special product for Etsy integration, but early adopters had problems with data disappearing and no way to recover it. Otherwise, the cost of QuickBooks to cover the same features I use in Xero would have been very expensive; even a QB consultant told me it's overkill for a business of my size. I forget which other products I looked at, but Xero was recommended by several owners of similar businesses.

Adam from Consult and Design

Absolutely love Xero

Xero has allowed us to get a real, detailed view on the financial situation within our company from one place. With a comprehensive setup, it can provide real value from day one.

Pros

Xero has transformed our financial management and provides us with all the real time data we could imagine, and where it lacks, integrations take over. While more "accountancy" friendly than some of the more simple products, once you work with your accountants to get this right, you won't regret it. The detail, features and holistic approach to managing company finances means that we are using this every day and with pleasure.

Cons

The interface is being updated, and it is needed as it is a little old fashioned in its design. That said, it is clean and clear and otherwise we love everything about Xero.

Karen from Orange Fox Electrical Limitied

Excellent but some small issues

Overall we are very happy with this software and have no plans to change

Pros

Easy to use Cost effective Easy to speak to/connect with the accountant in real time Clear graphics

Cons

Ideas with lots of 'views' are not implemented Some pointless ideas seem to get preference because they are more 'tech forward'

Reasons for Choosing Xero

We didn't consider others at the time, our accountants 'champion' this product as they use it too. Although there are others out there we wouldn't change as they are all very similar. It is worth noting we also use job management software which does a lot which Xero doesn't (and actually shouldn't try to ).

John from Typhon Transport Inc

Concerns with Xero

We've been using Xero for about two years now. There have been a few hiccups along the way but for the most part things have been ok. Recently however, we've had a problem with our bank feed uploading into Xero in order to reconcile transactions. We first encountered this issue on 2/10/18. We informed Xero and they said they would look into the issue. A couple of weeks went by without hearing anything about the feed working as it should. We contacted them again and they said they were still working on the issue but that we could manually download the transactions ourselves in the meantime. Today is 4/10/18 (2 months later) and they still have not fixed the issue. We are still having to manually download these transactions ourselves in order to reconcile our bank accounts within the Xero software. I spoke with Xero this morning and they still do not have a timeline for when this will be fixed. They said they use an outside company to perform the importing of bank feeds functions and that they are not responsible for it not working. They said when we signed up for the Xero service we were informed about the possibility of the feed possibly cutting out at some point in the fine print (terms & conditions). They refuse to issue any sort of refund for their monthly service during this time of inconvenience because they say the bank feed import function is a free service offered by a third party. The problem we have is that Xero is marketing this service as part of their overall monthly service package which you assume is really included in your monthly service fee you pay to them. When it doesn't work they take no accountability for it not working. We think it's very deceptive for them to market a service (bank import functionality) to prospective buyers, which you assume is included with your monthly service fee, but then take no responsibility for it not working when things breakdown. We believe they do this to gain a competitive advantage over other companies like Quickbooks. Instead of just charging for the bank import service which would increase their monthly service fee and make them less competitive on a price basis with their competition they artfully setup their service to be able to offer a more competitive price but not assume any of the responsibility when the service doesn't work as expected. The general consumer doesn't think to put this deceptive tactic together when they sign up for the service and Xero assumes once they have you onboard you'll deal with the issue until they can get it fixed because switching accounting software companies at a later date is extremely inconvenient.

Pros

The service accomplishes most of what it was intended to do albiet at a bit of a learning curve for the new user.

Cons

There is no customer service support number to call. Bank feeds do not work properly. IOS app is mising some functionaility

Mike from mk: Consultancy

Perfect accounting solution for people who run their own business

love it and would recommend to anyone that was looking for an account product.

Pros

Cons

Bank feeds not always sync, which is also a problem I have at the moment.

Reasons for Choosing Xero

Better experience when running a trial and also from recommendations

Louis from Blaucomm Ltd

Good Accounting Software, but lack decent reporting and live chat support

We switched from QBO to Xero due to several issues with QBO. However, the migration to Xero is clunky as you have to use a middleman called MoveMyBooks - Xero will pay for up to 2 years books to be moved but any more you must pay. But, things like Employees, Payroll, Expenses etc will not be migrated so you end up spending weeks manually (Yes, Manually) created Expenses yourself all over again in Xero. Very painful and cost my business thousands for false advertising a simple switch,

Pros

Easy to use, easy to input data and there's often little popup boxes to explain what elements are. It's cloud managed, so no need to download any software or store anything locally.

Cons

Support is a bit, there isn't a live chat support like there is with competitors and it lacks the aesthetics of products like Quicbooks and the same level of reports.

Reasons for Choosing Xero

Price was similar to what we paid already.

Peter from Eebz Ltd

You are not in business if you do not use Xero

Excellent A few features I would love to have, but frankly the price and features are excellent. Makes it so easy to start a business.

Pros

Pretty, easy to use. Love the bank reconciliation and VAT and PAYE submission. Love being able to quickly generate P&L and Balance Sheets.

Cons

A few rough edges especially in allocating payments, inherited I think from originally trying to abstract away the accounting functionality. The UK Payroll feature can get complex, but frankly not sure how they can make it any easier. Miss an easy way of generating a remittance advice when paying .

Todd from NetKing Solutions

Xero Accounting review

Overall, this software does exactly what I need it to do. It could have better payroll integration, and work better with my bank accounts for reconciliation, but other than that it is a great piece of software that I've come to depend on daily.

Pros

This accounting software was an excellent choice to replace our aging systems with Quickbooks. It was easily deployed, and it's web based access allows access from anywhere we have internet connection. The ease of creating a quote, changing it to an invoice once the client has accepted it, is a great add on. The ability to add inventory items on the fly is very welcoming.

Cons

Having to pay for add ons after signing up for the FULL package was a disappointment to me.

Cristovão from Sedetur

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Analysis of the use of Xero in the financial sector

The company needs a new way that increases the efficiency of the accounting industry so that expenses can be tracked, and Xero has allowed the bank account to be directly connected to it. It provided instant credit notes to be sent to customers, making service faster and more efficient.

Pros

My team and I chose Xero because it has unlimited users, is well-suited for midsize businesses, and has advanced administration tools. It has wide compatibility with the most used browsers in the world. His accounting method is one of the most positive points he has.

Cons

The support provided by the company is not bad, but it is also not excellent and in my view this is a negative point. Its interface is not as simple during initial use, which makes the learning curve a bit longer.

Reasons for Choosing Xero

The reasons that influenced us to choose Xero were the various possibilities of integrating it with other programs and its excellence in accounting.

glyn from Ryder Hub

Good Sage alternative

Good

Pros

Price as to be a major feature but it's very user friendly and you can see all teh important data in one place

Cons

some feature that Sage had are not present and customer support is not great

Reasons for Choosing Xero

easy to integrate with other systems

Gene from Hentschel CPA, PA

Accounting Software Design for the Business Owner

Xero give me, an accountant, a tool to provide my clients with that effectively gives them a tool for keeping their daily records in an orderly fashion make my job easier at the end of each month.

Pros

Xero have been designed to be used by non-account business folks. However, once the data has been listed an accountant has a great tool to use to finish the company financial records (Monthly, Quarterly & Annually). It is also priced at a rate that works for most business owners.

Cons

I really do not know of any areas within the software that I can list as "Least" liked. I do not know of any significant problems which I believe need correcting.

Reasons for Choosing Xero

Because of its design for the business owner.

Paul from Wild Rosa

Super Simple Accounting Software for Small to Medium Sized Businesses

As a small business our main priority is to keep our monthly book keeping tasks simple and quick. Since moving to Xero from MYOB we have found a significant reduction in our book keeping time input. We are NOT accountants or book keeping experts and Xero as an accounting system has definitely made this part of our business much more efficient. We are guided by our accountant as how best to use the software and have been able to develop a simple client - accountant relationship with Xero being the main conduit of information between us.

Pros

As a small business we found Xero to be a simple and very cost effective solution for all our accounting - book keeping needs. Xero is very easy to set up with your accountant and reduces the time you need to spend on book keeping tasks each month. With automatic bank feeds the time we need to reconcile our accounts each month is minimal. The audit trail features mean any issues that arise can be quickly found and fixed. Being able to notate any transactions enables our accountant to quickly respond to our queries. As a small business keeping our external accountant costs down is very important to us and by using Xero means the time our accountant has to actually spend on our accounts is less and therefore so are the invoices we receive from him!

Cons

Some of the automatic accounts Xero suggests you reconcile to are not correct so it is important to double check each transaction before reconciling. We had issues setting up some of the automatic bank feeds and still have one bank account that will not process the feeds so we need to enter those transactions manually. When uploading a file of transactions we also had some issues and found it quicker just to manually enter them into the software.

Reasons for Choosing Xero

N/a. We were using MYOB and on our accountants advice we made the switch to Xero.

Anna from Solutions and Services

Xero makes reconciling fun

I use Xero in two roles in my life, one as an employee and the other for the accounting software for my husband's business. In my work New Zealand schools use this software as it is relatively easy to learn, quite intuitive and uses cloud accounting, enables document uploads for accountants to view etc. Once well set up it is also fast to use on a day to day basis. At home I assist my husband to reconcile our business transactions for our accountant. We don't have to go in to the accountant's office or email invoices etc as we can upload them to Xero for him to see. You can set up the dashboard to get an overall view of your business and how much money is owed to you, and bills you owe, how you are tracking month to month, and the balances of your accounts you have linked to Xero.

Pros

I like the ease of reconciling because once you get set up and code a few items it remembers them for next time for a faster job (you still have to check them to see if they are correct first). I find it fun and satisfying to reconcile in Xero as it is quite visual, you see several lines waiting to be reconciled and then as you work through the transactions, coding them and clicking on the middle button, they disappear. Setting up bank rules is also a huge benefit, as they get coded automatically, ready for you to just hit the green 'ok' button. You can use this for your usual bills for example, electricity bill, local cafe, cell phone bill, internet charges. Although it does take time to set bank rules up to make sure all details are accurate, it saves time in the long run. I like the fact that customers can upload documents into the files section of Xero and their accountant can see these documents immediately to work on them or code them. I also like the search function as you can search for a particular number, or the first few letters of a name or business to find relevant transactions. Being able to generate invoices and email them direct from Xero is great as it saves time.

Cons

It is not the software's fault exactly, but because reconciling is so easy there is a temptation to accept what Xero suggests for a transaction and reconcile to this account, instead of pausing and really checking if the code is the best one. Xero is first and foremost a business accounting software, so the reports it can generate may not be exactly what other users of the software need, like schools for example, who may need a Xero add-on to get what they most need in regards to reports.

Xero truly puts powerful data in the hands of small business owners

Pros

I have been using Xero for a good number of years now and can only recommend it! The usability is fantastic, the ability to see really clearly how the accounts work is groundbreaking in its field. I love the bank reconciliation and the bank feeds. The automation of data is actually fun and linking it into the add-ons can make life a lot easier and save time and money. It is a great way to keep things simple and clear. I love the advisor features, that you can't break it (although you can make a real mess if not careful). For me the biggest benefit is the clarity of the data and the ability to drill down into virtually anything. Don't use Xero in super complex scenarios and I would recommend that you employ a proper XERO accountant - who actually knows how to use Xero and uses the data when using it though or you will end up paying twice - once for entering the data to xero - and again when the accountant pulls it out into their own software. Overall I would absolutely recommend Xero for people who are more serious than working in spreadsheets but who are turning over £50k-£3m+ with a fairly simple process.

Cons

We have found that Xero does not work well in all scenarios but there are work arounds - the bigger the business and the more complex the processes the less it suits but then if you are bigger/more complex you should arguably be using something else! Support is not awesome! It can take time and you are often met with unhelpful suggestions. There has been an increased number of 'blips' in the software in more recent months and the support has been almost useless in those cases and I have had to find workarounds. Conversation/instant message support should surely be on the cards? Another thing that I don't like is the highly evangelical nature of the conferences! It borders on the cultish and if you are not 'in' then you are definitely 'out'! I have not found there to be any benefit to being on the 'directory' for that same reason.

Great, intuitive and easy to use bookkeeping software, lacking for accountants, NO customer services

It is so easy to use but support has to come from Accountants who are not customer service or techies and who are not adequately compensated for their efforts. It is enjoyable to use and definitely does the basics very well.

Pros

For bookkeeping, small and medium-sized businesses this software is a dream. It is the most intuitive and easiest to use of all the accounting software that we reviewed. As an accountant, it is easy to fix user errors and mis-postings. There is a proper audit trail and safety checks built in. There are so many time-saving features like find and recode, repeating bills/invoices/journals, bank rules. The move toward AI is exciting too.

Cons

The reports aren't GAP or IAS compliant so it is no good for reporting, final accounts production or tax. To get accountants interested and recommending Xero in the early days, they promised accountants that Final Accounts Production and Corporation Tax software was in their development queue but it never materialised and they burnt a lot of bridges with accountants when they announced that they had dropped FAP plans. This is why Quickbooks are getting such a big foothold and stealing market share from Xero. The software is expensive for what it is and you can get a lot more and better for your money with FreeAgent and QuickBooks. The biggest let down for Xero is that there is no telephone support, at all. Not even call back. You have to email and if you are on the opposite side of the world from New Zealand, it can take a full day to get an inital response and if there is any misunderstanding or info required, it can take days to get your problem resolved. This is really useless and a deal breaker for serious businesses. Another major failing in Xero is the number of times that the Bank Feed just doesn't work. This is outwith Xero's control and so it can often take months to resolve. This is amateur and best and negligent at worst.

Paul from Bishop Toomey & Pfeifer

Xero - Leading the way to making accounting much easier for small businesses

I have been a Xero certified advisor for 8 years and actually returned the accounting profession because of Xero after deciding to leave because I felt the industry didn't understand delivering value to clients. Xero has been a catalyst for increasing the speed of change in the industry towards a value proposition model. Although like any system success with does come down to using it properly and being prepared to spend the time to understand how it works and to make the most of it, but Xero has been built so intuitively and they have

Pros

Great design, intuitive, great support files and videos, invoicing features are very good, being able to add files to transactions is a big time saver, the fact that it is a full accounting system is great in its price range, although for more complex features you may need an add-on application for example full stock management and stock control.

Cons

The way the contacts database has been developed could be improved to make importing and exporting data easier, that has improved recently with the addition of client codes field. Also greater flexibility of controlling features a user can access would be great.

August 2016

William from Aeona

August 2016

The best at what it does

Full Disclosure: I am an accountant and I recommend Xero to many of my clients. When the expectations are in alignment with the capabilities of the software, then everyone is happy. People get into trouble with ANY software when they jump in thinking they know what it does and are then disappointed. All accounting and ERP software has limitations and Xero is no exception, but what it does, it does well. It provides payables, receivables, bank reconciliation and general ledger as its core functionality. There is a very capable estimating/quoting/order/ process that ties into AR invoices smoothly. But, the requisition/purchase/inventory side is very, very basic. In fact there are no requisitions and the purchase orders are so limited that I recommend you not use them. The inventory is only what is needed to make the sales side functional. So, if you need strong inventory support, you have to use a third-party add-on designed just for this purpose.

Pros

What is good about Xero are 1) Real-time bank feeds and bank reconciliation - this is what scared the pants off of Intuit and forced them to develop new functionality. 2) Xero fully embraces and enables third-party developers to provide niche solutions that have rich interaction with Xero. 3) The features keep getting better and better quarter after quarter. 4) Perhaps my relationship as a partner skews this, but I've had nothing but excellent support from Xero. I can call someone if I have to, but I almost always get issues resolved through technical support in a timely fashion. Some of my favorite add-ons for Xero are GeoOp for field services, Deputy which integrates its scheduling, time and attendance functions with Xero payroll, and Float which projects cashflow. The new reporting and the tags are fantastic.

Cons

There are some features I would like to see "sooner," but they are on the roadmap for "later." People jump on Xero because of the price without having a Xero consultant evaluate their suitability for the application - that can create an expectation gap, and that inevitably leads to an unhappy customer. I just hate it when people let their wallet do their thinking for them and then blame the software because it "doesn't do enough." The payroll is fine. I spoke to the VP in charge of payroll development and he is all about improving the functionality, so it will continue to improve. What is there now is very well designed to be comprehensive and flexible, but there are situations where a third-party payroll like Gusto will make more sense for your organization. They are the first ones to suggest you look at solutions like Gusto, ADP, Paychex and others that integrate seamlessly with Xero. It is annoying that the tags are limited to two categories, and this won't be revised until they have their design for job costing completed. No word yet on when that will be.

Kristen from Let Us Compost

Fantastic! I finally have the tools from Xero to drive my company to its greatest potential.

Understanding the numbers! I'm finally educated about my own business, which sounds ridiculous, but so many business owners are creative dreamers that never look at the numbers. Even ones that are successful don't look at the numbers because they feel like it's not necessary - and that's the biggest lie in the world. It's so easy to share the reports with people at all levels in the company, and I feel a fantastic sense of control with the numbers because of Xero.

Pros

Cloud availability, choice between manual or automatic accounting, incredible reports, easy to print, beautiful, fun to use, don't have to be an accountant to use it, fantastic break-down of categories and overhead vs. cost of goods. Shows great percentages - growth overall, percentage of sales per category and percentage of expenses per category - easy to understand the nuts and bolts of your business with Xero and make quick changes to your business model when a problem arises.

Cons

Balance sheet leaves much to be desired - harder to figure out than the rest of the software and difficult to understand in conjunction with the profit and loss. It's not possible to see a comprehensive financial picture - perhaps what makes it so great for non-accountants is its simplicity makes it hard at times to get into the nitty gritty. The billing aspect of Xero is atrocious, just really, really bad. Invoices on "repeat" stay in a strange ticker until you command them to be sent, it creates a lot of problems. Definitely have a separate billing software if you use Xero, especially if your clients are on subscriptions. I wish it integrated better with a growth planning tool - integrates with CRMs fine but doesn't help you look into the next couple of years, or present a future picture to investors.

Karim from Unigraph Limited

One stop Accounting solutions for Small to Medium organisations.

Pros

- Brilliant design and straight forward full accounting system yet detailed enough to allow user to create management reports. - It allows direct bank feed letting the book-keepers not to worry about importing bank statements and processing detailed bank reconciliations. - It also integrates with third party softwares to import direct feed which helps automation possible helps save time. - It also offers partner programs for external book-keepers and accountants to work on different client books which is a new features other softwares have failed to offer. - Great price.

Cons

- Payroll function is capable to deal with straight forward payroll matters. when dealing with complex calculation, Xero seems limited in its functionality. - The tracking categories are limited to only two lists. It would have been great if it would have had an option to increase the number of categories to suit individual need.

Becky from Monster Studios LLC

Xero is an easy and economical replacement for Quickbooks

I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with the Xero sales rep when determining if I would switch from Quickbooks for Mac (because they decided to no longer support the version I was using). I was trying to decide between Quickbooks Online and Xero and in the end, Xero won. Their price point was spot on and they offered the features I needed without being overly complicated or fancy (I am not an accountant and do not enjoy the bookkeeping / accounting aspect of my business). Xero makes it easy to manage my cashflow, expenses and revenue quickly and easily.

Pros

Xero offered a payroll option that was not expensive and easy to use. That combined with the ease of use and the cloud-based accounting is why Xero is my go to choice for small business accounting / bookkeeping. Being able to connect your bank account with Xero and import transactions makes it much easier to keep your books up to date. I used to wait all month before entering my transactions into my checking account and it became a big pain in the butt. This is so much easier!

Cons

The fact that you cannot have more than one business in your Xero account is a real bummer. I happen to have more than one business but I'm not willing to buy a subscription for each business. I use one for my most active business for now. Also, if you don't have payroll for awhile, you are no longer able to submit your tax forms as they are not generated, even though I still need to submit them to the taxing authority. There is also a headache when it comes to adding in credit card processing fees to invoices for accurate cash accounting. It's awesome that Stripe is integrated and payments are automatically marked to their appropriate invoice, but to get the fee out of the invoice I have to delete the payment, edit the invoice to include the fee amount, and then add the payment back in.

Karen from Nine Advisory

Xero or MYOB?

Xero & MYOB. I love them both - for different reasons. If you're a MYOB lover, do not be afraid of the transition. Simply view Xero as different and you'll be fine. Don't expect to find things in the same dropdown tabs - as it's a different set-up. Once you're familiar, you'll love the ease of use. Very user friendly, not overcrowded on your pages with too much writing, easy to see information (card files for clients) all on one page - very easy to read and find the information you're after. Give Xero a try - I know you won't be disappointed.

Pros

Love the ease of access. We have a team based in Australia, India, & South America - so the online platform is brilliant. As a previous MYOB user (& lover of MYOB), I was surprised with the ease of transition from MYOB to Xero. I also really enjoy how easy it is to link client card files noting the company directors, primary contacts, banking details etc. Very easy to view all the information in one place! Love being able to send the BAS' from Xero as well with a click of the button, and being able to modify & tweak great templates is a MUST.

Cons

One thing that is very challenging, is if the Xero team are not getting back to you as promptly as you need, there is NO phone number to talk to someone. This (for the accounting industry) can be a big let down at times. Normally, the Customer Help is very prompt. Still trying to find an adequate solution so that if I upload a file in my XPM, the rest of my team can view these files. Despite trying and following Xero's suggestions, my team members are still not able to view the documents I've uploaded. We'll get there in the end I'm sure.

Brent Lionel from 2for1 Virtual Experts

I used Xero for reviewing clients' invoices and checking our collectibles.

Pros

I used to be the marketing and accounts assistant for Expert360, and use Xero together with our accountant based on Pakistan. Xero makes it easy for us to send an invoice to our corporate, medium and small business clients. It allows us to view the overdue invoices, which enables us to follow-up on those payables. We were able to see the money that we had collected and the money that still needs to be collected. It also allowed us to track the payables to our consultants. Over all, Xero is an easy-to-use accounting software. It's user-friendly functions and features allows you to instantly view the cash flow of your business.

Cons

One thing that I noticed on the platform is it doesn't allow to create multiple entries from one company. Like we have client A and they have lots of projects with us. We wanted to create like client A1, A2, A3 in the contacts info so that we know who's the one in-charge for each project. But our accountant told us that it would appear in the invoice as client A1, A2, and A3 in the invoice instead of just client A only. He said it would create confusion on the person in-charge for the payments since it's not their usual company name. We contacted Xero about that and they said they will work on the feature and hopefully it will be added in the future. Where you can entire Client A with someone as the contact person and Client A with someone as the contact person. The last time I know you can really just create one contact entry for each client.

Ray from Stellar Endeavours Pty Ltd

Overall great. Recently, shocking!

Pros

Overall, it's a good product. Easy to use. Simple UI though quite dated. It does everything we need it to plus more.

Cons

Until recently, there wasn't much I didn't like. I probably couldn't name anything, apart from the somewhat dated UI - but that's a stretch. Recently however, Xero have taken a core feature (Expenses) and starting selling it as an add-on, on top of the monthly subscription fee. Expenses as you may know, and would expect, is 'included' in the monthly subscription and formed part of the core software. There was no additional charge. They've recently updated the Expenses feature (which they should be doing anyway) and now believe that because they've updated it, that warrants it being pulled from core and sold separately as an add-on. As a current subscriber, I signed up for the all inclusive package. Having features ripped from the core package and charged for in addtion to the monthly subscription is not on. Especially when no discount or reduction of the monthly subscription cost was offered. As a SaaS provider, any and all future updates, regardless of how big or small they are, should form part of the monthly subscription. Choosing an accounting package is a big decision and once you're committed, it's difficult and often costly to change. With Xero now employing this kind of model, I'd caution anyone considering Xero to think again, think hard. Today it's Expenses, tomorrow it could be something else. These disgusting tactics employed by Xero are unacceptable.

Quratulain from QZ Consulting

Best for MultiCurrency Needs

Pros

I love how easily it helps me keep my accounts in order. I've done some complex book keeping / accounting for one firm as well as some extremely simple work for another with this. It works well with both. Their support is really great. They reply quickly and have some great documentation as well.

Cons

They have started some spin-offs from their product at a per user license fee. I think this way it can quickly become costly for some new users. Luckily i've been using this for over 5 years now, hence I don't come under such restrictions.

Reasons for Choosing Xero

Multi-currency and ease of use.

July 2015

Phill

Industry: Food Production

July 2015

Overall great, but one flaw to be vary of

I have been using Xero for a couple of years now and am very happy with it. I was with MYOB but had a bad experience when they upgraded their systems to include cloud computing. I have had a look at their new systems, and while they are much improved and worth exploring for someone starting from scratch, I will still stick with Xero.

Pros

My accountants use it extensively so it makes my work and their work integrate so easily which ultimately saves money. Reconciliation is a very labour intensive exercise and Xero cuts a huge amount of time out of this process. On its own it is quite cheap too. I have an expensive plugin (Tradegecko), but the functionality of that pays for itself. Xero creates the framework of my entire business system.

Cons

If you have a business where you have a large number of transactions coming in for the same value, e.g. if you have magazine subscriptions all for $5 a month each then Xero is not a good option, at all. I did have this problem and it was a total pain. I have corresponded extensively with Xero on this issue and they do not see it as a priority and have said directly that they have no intentions on making improvements. This surprises me as their customer service is generally quite good. There is quite a large thread on the support forums on this topic. If this is a potential issue for you then here is my advice. Set up a trial account with Xero and MYOB and test both for this important reconciliation feature. If you know what you are doing it shouldn't take too long (or ask someone who knows what they are doing). These systems change and evolve so quickly that by the time you read this review one of them might have improved their system. MYOB has been beaten badly by Xero in the past few years but from what I have seen (I recently exhibited next to them at a show) they have come a long way since I stopped using their system.

Samuel from comtech telecommunication corp

the best accountant of the clouds do not fail you.

Xero is a software that meets my expectations and needs since it is easy to use, configure and can encode some elements such as search functions to locate some particular numbers, business or relevant transactions and multiple key features such as the panel that is can customize and presents a beautiful user interface with graphics for bank accounts has a unique billing template and can be customized and you can easily create quotes and even turn them into purchase order invoices, Xero is a competent accounting management system that works according to the rules and priorities of my company.

Pros

xero is a rosbusta accounting software with complex functions also has the mobility and the modern interface of unlimited users one as employee and others for the software of comtabilidad in our businesses and is relatively easy to use and learn enough you can see documents Once they are properly configured allows us to see and consilir our transsations without having to go to the office of the comtable or be or sending mailing or bills as they can be loaded into the system of xero as well can be configured the part of contror to obtain A general overview of your business can also be functional for medium and large companies since they are well developed and offer you a solid and comprehensive functions.

Johan from Acker & Maloney

A great option

As a firm we switched to xero almost a year ago, and it transformed the way we approach accounting services for clients - for the better. Our own internal accounting became a lot easier and smoother, with the greater collaboration that we needed. But it also changed our clients that we switched over to xero, from other cloud accounting software or traditional desktop software

Pros

There isn’t a lot of cloud accounting software today that can handle the more complex businesses as well as xero. The automatic bank feeds (they are adding new direct bank feeds constantly), the integrations with over 700 third party applications Automatic invoice reminders Ability to do flexible budgeting and forecasting in xero and report on it Tracking Categories and reporting on a Category is super easy Fixed asset register is included and easy depreciation allocation Unlimted users (great basic permissions - more flexibility lacking) There is constant updates and upgrades with a solid product improvement pipeline

Cons

Would love a third tracking category It doesn’t have a delivery note option (although through a complex process you can create one) Customer statements doesn’t include the standard days outstanding buckets as expected, e.g. debt due currently, 30 day, 60 days etc Customer prepayments doesn’t appear as credits/negative balances on statements - very confusing to customers You can’t delete a contact once created (very easy to create a contact), only archive Would have loved for finance lease (amortisation table) reporting to be set automatically

Alexandra from Red Lion Smokehouse

Industry: Restaurants

This has revolutionized our bookkeeping and reduced our accounting fees.

Save time, greater control over my business, fewer errors, save money, more visibility of overall financial health of business. Allows me to work remotely.

Pros

I have no bookkeeping background and was able to easily learn how to use Xero. My business partner and I can login from anywhere in the world and get an up to date picture of our finances, pay invoices, review reports, check profitability and more. Our year end process is much faster and streamlined and we feel like we have much more control over our business. We have integrated data from our POS system (Touch Bistro) using the Shogo Integration tool and allows us to track sales by category alongside costs. We have also integrated Payment Evolution with Xero so we can run payroll and make EFT payments to suppliers directly. Invoices are closed out automatically and remittance notices provided saving time, money and keeping our suppliers happy.

Cons

Some of the reporting features don't show the information that I need - for example the sales tax report. I also find it frustrating that I can't integrate my online banking with Xero - we use a credit union so this might be the bank's issue. Some of the navigation is not great. For example the search feature can be a little fussy and when you complete an action you don't get returned to the page you left.

Markus from benchmarking.com.au

Xero is awesome, albeit expensive when running multiple entities

We've moved from another software 4 years ago and have not looked back. Bank feed setup is easy, recon is a breeze. There are lots of add-ons which can assist with specific needs and there are tons of integrations with sales force and other big guns. The only issues I see is pricing. If you run multiple entities (i.e. for service companies or trusts) the subscription cost adds up quickly. This is because the most basic plan is essentially useless (5 bank transactions a month... if that's all you need, you don't run a business). Compared to emerging competitors pricing is very high. Another issue, if you rely on it, is email support only. While responses come back within 1 to 3 days, players like Intuit have live chat support, which is amazing at their price point. All in all, Xero is a solid solution for us though and while we've moved some (nonpayroll) entities off it and onto QuickBooks, it remains our accounting mainstay for the core operations entity. Hope this helps.

Pros

easy to use ticks all boxes for SME accounting many integration

Cons

price, in particular, once you need multiple add-ons email support only slow load times (this should be fixed once they moved from Rackspace to AWS apparently)

Sherm from invision studios llc | quality leads for local business

Perfect replacement for Quickbooks - Highly Recommended

Pros

I've used Intuit Quickbooks since 1995. I used to upgrade it about every 10 years, and eventually went with a monthly subscription to take advantage of upgraded features, notably auto-connecting with my online bank accounts. Unfortunately, QB would not connect with Paypal so I decided to abandon it. I searched for a replacement, checked out FreshBooks (which really isn't an accounting program, it's just an invoicing program -- sort of useless) and came upon Xero. I signed up for a free demo account and really liked it particularly because it connects to my bank and Paypal seamlessly. I like it for its reporting, and easy to get at everything that I need. I run a marketing agency and it's just about a perfect fit. Easy email-invoicing, with easy connections to online payments through Paypal (Quickbooks tries to force you to use their merchant account). I set up my clients one at a time as I invoice them each month, email the invoice (with a PDF attachment) with a link to pay with a card, and the software tracks the payment and credits the client's account immediately.

Cons

One of the downsides of using XERO vs Quickbooks is that finding accountants that can handle the files is relatively rare. And I'm wondering if it will connect with tax prep software with no problems. (That was ONE saving grace of Quickbooks is that it would import your financials into their tax prep program).

Bill from ComputAssist

Industry: Information Services

Complete true accounting online

Prior to Xero I was using a PC-based app. It lacked any connectivity and all data had to be manually imported and exported. I needed to automate as much of my day-to-day business operations as possible, and Xero was a big part of that. It integrates with my CRM and time-tracking app, and takes in my online payment processing. Reconciliation takes a minute or two every couple of days. It has enabled me to reduce my after-hours office time significantly.

Pros

Xero is a new-generation online accounting app built from the ground up for online usage. The interface is mostly intuitive and easy to navigate. The underlying framework is true double-entry accounting with all the power that provides, but you don't have to go there to get daily work done, as a rule. There is a vast array of integrations available to add leverage to your company dataflow. Support is good and rarely needed. The app is very well documented and supplies detailed help articles for most operations.

Cons

The pricing is not bad but I feel it is a little high for a one-person business. They offer a time-tracking add-on but it is an additional 50% of the app cost per month, and this is a feature many competitors throw in for free. Like all web-based apps, your enjoyment in using it will depend in part on the quality of your internet connection.

Joseph from BulletProof Technologies

Good software, terrible support and company

General use of the software is good. The company and technical support made me consider going back to Quickbooks online. Instead I switched to Freshbooks. Great technical support. They answer within 4 rings. Very knowledgeable and patient. 10 out of 10 for support.

Pros

I previously used quickbooks pro, but found their product too expensive and the support was also not very good. I switched to Xero, because of the price and the quality of the software

Cons

Support is only via email. They initially respond within the promised time frame, but 9/10 times the answer is not relevant to the question asked. It's like they don't read the question, or the initial techs are inexperienced. So after wait on average 4 hours for a response, you have to wait long for a reply to any subsequent answer, which is 9/10 times not relevant to the question. So, in my experience you have little if no support for the software. Then, mid year they suddenly drop their payroll feature off their software and announce you can run your payroll through this other company. Wonderful. Suddenly the total cost of accounting has now doubled because Xero didn't decrease their price and it now costs the same amount again to run payroll. A company that does this in my opinion does not show much integrity.

Michael from Alavita Mobile Business solutions

One of the absolute cutting edge, super-easy on the eyes, full function bookkeeping apps

Accounting and bookkeeping are my business, so being able to demo such an aesthetically pleasant app that integrates so well is a real boon. Clients take immediately to the UI and we've genuinely had a 90% on-board rate with Xero. We've tried other Apps, but we won't be working with any other software. There's really there's nothing out there we'd rather recommend. I have found their CS to be first rate, (despite my Account Manager statement), and this end of any accounting SAAS is absolutely vital. Xero has set the standard for over a decade and it's a testimony to their Devs that they're growing steadily despite their giant competition.

Pros

Smooth-running and numerous integrations with other essential business management apps Reasonably priced for small business Has integrated inventory and billing through PayPal and Stripe

Cons

I'm a very loyal user and my company has grown up shoulder-to-shoulder with Xero's growth. There's very few wrinkles from an accountant's POV. I find startup clients sometimes get confused with the "Easy-to-Use-And-Setup" spiel - it certainly is for a bookkeeper familiar with the app! In general, the dashboard apps in this industry can belie their many-layered nature.

Lisa from Botanique Skin & Spa

Great for Small Business

Really great to date. No major dramas or I would have changed by now.

Pros

As my business started to grow, I needed an accounting package that would be simple to use and help me to generate reports easily for the ATO, payroll, etc. Numbers are not my 'thing' so I relied on my accountant to suggest a package which ended up being Xero. I really have not had any trouble working out everything I need to do. Coding expenses is easy, generating BAS and Super reports is also simple. Anytime I have a problem, I contact my accountant who just walks me through the process. Fantastic.

Cons

The only thing I've found difficult is trying to do payroll via the app while travelling. I don't believe it is set up for this but I could be wrong (ie must have access to the full program to process pays). I know there is a lot more functionality available as well, but I haven't had time to play around with it all and I think it can be a little overwhelming if accounting doesn't come easily. In saying that, the software is very user friendly.

my accountant recommended

Ellen from ElleRich Ltd

Almost makes accounts fun

Over all though I love xero - it's made my accounting much faster and because my accountant has access too , any challenges or questions on my product or project codes can be quickly resolved by sending her a note from within the system.

Pros

I love that xero does everything for both my businesses on the same dashboard - I can just toggle between the 2. The invoices look great and are well recieved by my corporate clients making me look professional and bigger than I am. The VAT is calculated for the quarter at the click of a button and I can even post directly to HMRC from within xero. Most of all though it tells me that I've done a good job each time I get my reconcilations done - which always makes me smile.

Cons

Sometimes there can be challenges with the bank feeds - when they're running at their best it's wonderful the accounts are updates in real time but sometimes they get a bit cranky and take ages to upload - I don't think it's all xeros fault - I think sometimes it's the software that does the connecting but either way, it's the only thing that sometimes causes me grief.

Thomas from Castletree Consultants Ltd

Excellent Software But!!!!

Generally good, but at this price point and with the Client base we have, there are more accessible easier to learn options available at much more competitive prices.

Pros

Very full function set with excellent reporting. Does everything well Customer support is quick and they do try to fix things.

Cons

Some glaring failures in coding. Over the last 5 years have found large holes in areas one would not expect. The back-up files we discovered were wholly inadequate and useless to reconstruct anything from. (Now rectified) The VAT reporting for MTD has been laughable, with poorly thought out process leading to the possibility of corrupt data. Fixes have been put in place, but the users should not be used for real time software testing. More thoroughness and care needed

Reasons for Choosing Xero

Xero is one of many packages we use, and definitely a good product but not our preferred option. With our Client base it is a little over-complicated for them to use easily and a little more costly than required.

Kelly from Kelly Christian and Company

Xero is my accounting software of choice for all my clients

Xero, along with several add-ons have allowed me to realize my dream of having and growing my business while having the location freedom to travel and escape from the Canadian winters! It has also allowed me to grow my business to serving clients all across Canada and the USA which is something that would dnot have been possible using the software and business model I had previously.

Pros

I love that it is a fully functional accounting package that is cloud-based. It allows me and my clients to work from anywhere and still keep our numbers and business running smoothly. Since my business focuses mainly on Entrepreneurs running businesses online the amazing suite of integrations makes thins so much "easier" for my clients on a day to day basis.

Cons

The only "con" that I have is that it is a subscription-based service and that it can be pricey for new businesses starting out. Their base packages that I have access to as an accountant are good for other types of businesses but for an online based business no matter how small, the transaction limit for the smaller packages is waaaay to small.

Mike from Alavita Mobile Business Solutions

Makes the bookeeping process logical and easy to follow

If you’re a small or startup business owner and haven’t any understanding of bookkeeping, try watching some of the better youtube videos, especially those done by bookkeepers and accountants on basic theory and practice. Take your study seriously and cross-reference information. Then watch the Xero videos available, not just from the company itself but also from accountants and bookkeepers. Good luck and welcome to the 21st century of online bookkeeping!

Pros

Xero has an interface that's easy to read and to navigate. The setup process is well presented and the support is good in response to tickets and also in their excellent training programs. Once you’ve understood how the flow of importing transactions and bank feeds, reconciling and generating reports is presented, you can keep your bookkeeping well ahead of any competitor’s product.

Cons

Any bookkeeping software requires some knowledge, training and experience in the theory and process of accounting. Xero is no exception, despite what may be claimed. Having said that, Xero is the least difficult to comprehend of the better softwares available.

Solid accounting software for a small business

Great overall financial management for our small business. Easy to approve and share transactions, and to see a road map for our financial future before our accountant gives us monthly reports.

Pros

Easy to create invoices, match transactions between Xero and your bank, and simple to view your daily balance. Invoices look professional with logo and custom business information, and you can email invoices to clients directly from Xero. You can also use their payroll portal, but we don't use that particular feature. Xero also connects with Stripe, our credit card processing company, and automatically handles the processing fees. We appreciated how easily it integrated with Stripe.

Cons

It's very easy to duplicate transactions, or to create invoices and bills within the wrong month. After doing so it's difficult to find the transactions and to delete them. I'm very savvy with software and spreadsheets and it definitely surprises me when my accountant contacts me to ask me about a transaction that appears to be a duplicate.

Ryan from Wimmer Accounting, LLC

Best accounting software for mid-sized businesses

Pros

Xero is very intuitive and easy to use. As an owner of an accounting company focusing on bookkeeping, I use Xero exclusively. The other competitor in this arena is QBO. While their functionality and integrations are similar, Xero excels with amazing customer service, a more solid platform (they have been in the web-based game longer) and ease of use. All of my clients that have used both prefer Xero as well. Intuit is too large a company and you get thrown around when you have questions. Xero customer services is friendly and quick. They are honestly a pleasure to work with.

Cons

The major drawback to Xero is their reporting. QB has better reports for various needs, as an accountant. Xero is slowly improving but it has been a very, very slow process. Sometimes this can be infuriating. Their free internal payroll platform is lacking a bit as well but I haven't compared it to QBO. It works but I prefer to use Gusto with the automatic sync for my clients.

Aimee from Business Lane

Awesome product + support

Myself and my clients gain back so much time after unlocking the efficiencies Xero provides. Finances are easier to keep up to date and more frequently, the software updates are seamless, the reports are great, the integrations are outstanding, and the service is super.

Pros

The ease of use, the detailed and easy to follow support videos and notes, the interface, and the functionality. Game changer!

Cons

Nothing! Xero is brilliant! There’s honestly nothing I don’t like about it and I’ve got close to 60 clients on Xero!

Reasons for Choosing Xero

Far better product and features

Niki from Niki O'Neil - Naturopath

Excellent invoicing software for small businesses

Xero allows us to invoice our clients with ease, monitor and track inventory sales, generate transaction lists and more. Overall easy to use, however further training or online support could be helpful to fully take advantage of its features.

Pros

Xero is relatively easy to use and makes invoicing and tracking sales/payments a relatively smooth process.

Cons

I feel there are many features we are not yet aware of or sure how to use, however with further training, I'm sure we could take further advantage of all the features Xero offers. The feature to adjust stock quantities is somewhat time consuming, and I feel could be made more seamless.

Tim from GPEx Ltd

Accounting software as it should be....

The problem of expensive, hardware dependent, inflexible and user unfriendly accounting packages has finally been solved. No more workarounds, updates or patches to worry about just clear, intelligible and above all useful financial information any where, any time and on any device. Just brilliant.

Pros

Ease of use: Xero is so easy to set up, use and tailor to your own requirements that it almost stops being work and becomes fun. Even non-accountants and finance people seem to be able to grasp its simple approach to capturing, managing and reporting financial information.

Cons

Not much: if pushed I would have to say that the reporting functionality is a little clumsy, but only once you have a significant number of account lines to manage. Many of the "out of the box" reports still require a lot of tailoring to make them really useful, and there seems to be a curious reluctance to offer comparatives as standard which (as any accountant will tell you) are essential to interpret any financial report properly.

Kevin from Switchback Bookkeeping

Fantastic Online Accounting Software

I've started doing some bookkeeping, and I've immediately gravitated toward Xero because of it's ease of use and outstanding customer & partner support. The company that dominates this market has (in my experience) horrendous customer support. That's where Xero really stands out as a strong competitor. I find their functionality to be much better than the current market leader AND I can easily get help if I need it. Where Xero shines is in making reconciliation easy. It learns as you go and makes intelligent suggestions that make future reconciliations faster. The cash coding feature is also a real time-saver as it allows me to reconcile larger numbers of transactions that will all be coded to the same account. Xero also offers direct download from a large number of financial institutions. Even being in Arkansas, I've been able to download statements directly from all the banks I've needed. Xero has a huge marketplace of add-ons to assist with things like Point of Sale, Inventory Management, Sales Tax filing and much more. It's safe to say any small business should be able to get all of their accounting and bookkeeping needs met within the Xero ecosystem, and they'll get much better customer support there than with other products.

Pros

Ease of use Cloud-based Tools to streamline reconciliation Huge array of add-ons to meet a variety of marketplace needs

Cons

Has had some downtime recently. They're good about notifying about upcoming maintenance intervals, but there have been a couple of incidences of downtime that have affected my work. They fixed it quickly, which is really all you can ask. Stuff happens in the technical realm.

Excellent Invoicing Capabilities for Clients

Our biggest problem was delinquent payments or clients preferring to send checks. While Xero still allows us to state in the invoice we accept checks, the ability to link directly to the payment portal has increased credit card payments by 75% which increase our efficiency in processing and closing out accounts.

Pros

We love the intuitive nature of the software that allows us to quickly craft an invoice and have that PDF invoice hyperlinked to the payment portal section of Xero. In addition the ability to track when a client has opened allows little room for any excuses for late invoice payments.

Cons

We send a very limited amount of invoices per month, so the cost to invoice ratio can be a bit high when broken down. A pay per invoice price structure might be a better method for those that only send 5-6 invoices a month.

Reasons for Choosing Xero

We chose Xero because of its intuitive software and very clean layouts for the actual invoices as well as what we deemed to be the most affordable option for our company.

A simple web-based bookkeeping suite with useful app integrations and bank feeds

As a new business owner with no prior accounting experience or education, Xero has been an excellent way to keep our business running smoothly.

Pros

As a user of Vend POS we are able to integrate using an extension with Xero, which simplifies our stock control and invoice payment and reconciliation workflow tremendously. The Xero suite has been a simple experience and we have been using it for Payroll for a year as well. Our CPAs are able to access and use the data to work on our tax returns as well.

Cons

There are more commonly used web-based bookkeeping and accounting suites that may be more suitable for more complex businesses such as Quicken where the adoption and recognition of terms, reports, workflows is already there. More CPA and employees will be familiar with them off the bat. Xero is a bit unique in that it was built from the ground up more recently as a simple alternative to these large corporate accounting suites and technologies.

August 2014

Cristina from Accountingprose & Cannacomply

August 2014

Xero- Beautiful accounting for both the business owner and accountant

As a small business owner and accountant, I have tried many accounting softwares. I was a Quickbooks Pro Advisor for five years and relied heavily on an expensive and inconsistent server to share data with clients. A forward thinking, tech savvy client mentioned Xero to me a few years ago and I blew him off. I have seen accounting software try to compete with Quickbooks and many have failed. I was afraid of ditching the my current method of working with my clients, because I didn't want to have to deal with the struggle of switching software, only to have to do it again after the business tanks or bugs in the code would cause me to become far too frustrated. After several more clients mentioned Xero, I thought I would give it a shot. I tested the software out, totally putting it through the ringer. I used a client as a beta tester and asked for feedback on it. We worked on the file together and tried our best to break the program. After a month of working on Xero, I was hooked! I took all of my clients off of the server and Quickbooks and moved them to Xero and I am so glad that I did. Highlights of Xero (from prospective of an accountant) - I can work with my clients in real time: Clients can leave us notes, can see what we are seeing, and can use Xero on smartphones and laptops- you aren't tied to an operating system - I don't have to waste time on data entry: Bank feeds are magical - I am able to achieve great results at a fraction of the cost: no software upgrades to pay for, no server costs - CPAs still get all of the data they need via Xero reports - Xero customer service is tops- Have an issue? They handle the issue quickly - Xero add ons are amazing and you accounting system can be tied with an SaaS application quickly and easily.

Pros

- Ease of use: Understandable menus- navigation is a cinch - Cost: a fraction of the cost of Quickbooks Desktop + a server and on par with Quickbooks Online - SaaS integration- Have a software you need connected? There is likely an API for it

Cons

No job costing, in depth inventory without using a third party app Reporting is limited Both of these cons will be addressed this year, likely and there are SaaS add on solutions present.

Carl from Swindale Parks Limited

Xero has transformed my accounts

Our overall experience with Xero has been nothing but positive and switching from Sage 50 was one of the our better business decisions.

Pros

Xero is extremely user friendly and easy to work with, enabling you to generate a multitude of reports that ultimately leads you to making better business decisions

Cons

Nothing major to dislike about Xero. It is a SaaS solution that is robust yet adaptable and suits my business down to the ground.

Advice from out accountant

Xero, a great accounting software easily adaptable globally

Xero has been great to use with our network of global businesses.

Pros

Xero is a great cloud accounting software. We have clients from all over the globe and Xero has worked just as well for clients in the United kingdom as well as clients in South Africa and Australia. The basic functions are very user friendly and our clerks get on well with it. Xero integrates with thousands of apps if you are one for automating functions. This makes sure that you can bring the latest technology to you using approved apps. There is a also a free trial period that allows customers to make sure this system works for them.

Cons

Xero may become a bit expensive as you add more apps for more functionality. It would be good to have a fixed cost which would allow access to all the apps in the Xero app store thereby allowing you to know that you will have no extra costs no matter what you decide to add on.

Naomi from Blue Star Group

Great, Easy to Use and Learn Accounting Software

Pros

- Easy to learn software! - Easy to use - Great reporting - Great audit trail to see where users are editing - Easy to edit mistakes and see where they came from - Easy to set up and guides were very helpful This software was such a great tool for our company. We use it across several businesses and share (varied) access with managers and accounting staff. Customize-able dashboard was great to see everything you needed upon opening the program. Great, in depth reporting to really audit and track anything that makes your company tick. I would highly recommend this software!

Cons

- The restricted access is not able to be customized enough. If I wanted a user to have access to certain areas, they had to gain access to multiple areas outside their scope. The audit feature was a great tool for teaching and seeing where I needed to train employees if they made errors

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,881 reviews